youtu.be/dp66sJJhxn0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nardo had potential?

Black Clover and dr flop

Hi Plague. I agree.

It lived up to its potential pretty well though

Who's Plague?

You're wrong

Attached: 1550230707982.png (895x1400, 2.3M)

>Masashi Kishimoto
This manga never had potential

Attached: 1556659617549.png (330x330, 29K)

this but with basically all of Jojo

Attached: 02573283.jpg (1500x2250, 623K)

Except part 2

This. It had potential to be great story if mangaka wasn't greedy fuck and ended everything with everyone dying as he originally planned

atleast he is better than togashi

He gripes

>steals from Togashi
>manga still dogshit
you can't make this shit up

Attached: 455612.jpg (1884x1161, 803K)

Attached: 0c265948-3450-40ad-89b4-883af457f36d.jpg (400x600, 84K)

>prefering a generic "the walking dead" but with giant zombies story instead of the actual gray war story we have gotten.

Attached: 1560881359050.jpg (1748x1632, 829K)

(You)

Your life

Cant even prove me wrong you fucking mongoloids

by that logic every shonen stole from Dragon ball.

Not a furry artist.
youtube.com/watch?v=v2tkz92eG_E

Yes, every shonen stole from DragonBall, newfriend

Attached: 1556219947214.png (280x250, 44K)

What exactly is supposed to be stolen here? The concept of elemental magic? I don't understand

Kishimoto is a hack for conveniently killing all kagyua's descendants. Uzumaki, uchiha, senju, kagyuas died offsceen. Hyugas were irrelevant till the last movie where he asspulled byakugan eyehack. Hashirama, madara, tobirama, guy, and shikamaru were done dirty by him as well.

What have you done with your life? Complain about chinese cartoons on the internet

I thought he wasn't a DBZ channel?

He's not a lot of things.

What was the potential that got wasted? Sounds to me like every plot line played out until the end in a pretty coherent manner. It didn't exceed expectations I guess.

Hitusfags think Togashi invented everything

What is the point of this?
That both series have elemental magic?
Thats as far from unique as you can get.

Nothing

Attached: HxHNaruto.jpg (1811x1138, 1.12M)

Keep projecting nigger

Cope

Dilate

Huh? Buddha isn't a HxH character you know that right

M O R A L L Y G R E Y

Regardless, isn't the entire outside world like way past Titan's being a threat tech-wise?

Have sex

>gray war stories aren't generic
newfag

Die in a fire

ebig

Attached: prööh.jpg (466x388, 28K)

>HUURR DURRR SEE STOLED FROM HUNTEE ECKS HUNTEE DURRRRR
you mean the elemental attribute trope that's been done for almost as long as fictional storytelling itself?
>HURRR DURRR WELL UUUHH DURRRRRRRRRR
I swear you HxH niggers are the worst. your show is ok at best, the writer is a hack who needs a fucking encyclopedia of his cast to remember who is who. borrowing tropes is something literally every form of story telling has done for literal millennia by your logic almost everything shounen in HxH is stolen from dragonball. every criminal series stole from lupin III the mental gymnastics you retards do is astounding sometimes KYS faggot

Attached: disgusting.jpg (299x313, 15K)

Seething

Attached: rent free cringe scisors spic.png (843x903, 39K)

Buddha? No. But guy who places his hands together in order to summon multi-armed god-like construction is HxH character and Naruto stole it

Attached: 21341.jpg (1156x1520, 1.11M)

Don't cry. Maybe Samurai 8 will be at least half as good as Yu Yu Hakusho was
oh well..

Attached: 1550230707982.png (916x1300, 1006K)

SHAMAN KING

Daily reminder that Madara was in the right.

Attached: 1563642971151.jpg (1200x650, 146K)

Great setting, poor narrative, poor characterization, and poor exploration and use of the setting.

Once it introduced Niggers, it lost all potential it had forever.

Attached: sanityendingshitheads24062019083348.jpg (927x432, 90K)

stop getting offended from the truth

Was it? Maybe I'm viewing Shaman King through nostalgia goggles, but I remember it being pretty good and entertaining.

>the truth
multiple series drawing from the same source isn't plagiarism you stupid nigger. there are countless series that draw on Buddhist, greek, roman, norse etc mythos Buddha having 100 hands is a real fucking thing and saying that if HxH did it then naruto must have stolen it from HxH is one of the most actually retarded thoughts you could have. I know you HxH niggers like to sniff your own farts but come the fuck on, at least TRY and pretend you have a brain cell in that empty head of yours

what did you want done differently? i think it's turned out pretty good

Agree. Many stories also have character from massacred clan with red eyes which give them powers and then this character tries to avenge his clan, doesn't mean that Sasuke is Kurapika's rip-off. HxHfags are pathetic.

this but unironically.
the anime is such a let down from the manga, and so many shit could have been done better.
First, Naruto as the main character makes almost no sense. Sasuke has more to it going than Naruto with his clan being killed.
The whole thing naruto is doing in the manga is going like 4 or 5 times after Sasuke which has its own set of purposes. It's pathetic, he even hyperventilated and passes out just by hearing people talk about him.
Then the story of his clan was explained as a fucking story by some literal who with a Sharingan ruining the potential hype of the reveal.
Then some stuff was rushed, then at the end we don't see the characters fight at full power with their new abilities more than two times as side characters in Boruto, and they even manage to be jobbers.
Everything went fucking wrong, I love it but I hate it.
This series was more than the author could have managed, was a bunch of nice ideas badly put together.

not way past, but getting there. they wouldnt be threatened by the casual numbers of dumb titans that roam Paradis, but they still get shit on by the shifters or a titan surprise attack (marley often airdrops eldians that then turn into titans as they fall)

whats so bad/different about how it turned out vs how it was planned?

there's no law saying that one can't like both. it's like eating a home made apple pie and a hot pocket one. the latter took the idea of the former, but no one's really getting offended about either

Yes, and that nostalgia googles say that you never finished the series. Did you read/watch until the ending?

>literal who with a sharingan
except obito ended up being one of the most important characters in the finale

Obito would have been a better MC than Naruto.

that's a completely dishonest way of putting it
a better way would be to say its like trying moms homemade pie VS your friends moms homemade pie. if you want something that resembles a hot pocket pie look at something more soulless like Asterisk War, something soulless. at least in the beginning anyways naruto you can tell kishi wanted to do something fun it wasn't until jump started making him slave away you can tell he stopped enjoying it. HxH is the same. author is so fucking done with it but he has to keep going because they want more from the endless workhorse.

I'm going to have to disagree with you OP about Naruto being wasted potential. Naruto HAD NOT potential to be wasted in the first place.

Narutard+ Hunterchad here. I discovered HxH due to an user posting about how Kishimoto ripped Togashi off, espically with Kurapika's Scarlet eyes and Sasuke's sharringan. Hunter x Hunter has way more fappable characters all Naruto has is Haku

Cmon man, the setting was dope as fuck and the battles were awesome. Best fight is Orochimaru vs 3rd Hokage btw

Angel Beats
Gargantia
Kotoura-san

Most shows by BONES

Sasuke eye thing was inspired from Hiei and togashi didn't create the concept of revenge over massacred family, clan or friends
Even if Sasuke was a kurabika rip off
His story is better and more interesting
>Clan killed by psychopathic mafia because valuable eyes
>brother killed his family and clan because they were planning to take over the village and cause a civil war that will make his village a target of the attack of other villages which will cause a great war. Sasuke discovers the truth about his brother after killing him which destroy him mentally.

I think we know which story had more attention and popularity between anime fans
Itachi easily became one of the most popular anime characters because of this plot twist.

>YYH
>Good
Thanks for the laugh.

about the same level as dbz back then

>His story is better and more interesting

If you break it down like this, yes. But it's not only about what written, there's also 'how' it was written. And jesus christ sasuke is an awful written character. Even most Narutofans admit this

Almost everyone who watched Dbz watched it as a kid and loved it for the fights and the superman protagonist.
It's unwatchable if you are an adult who want to watch it for the first time without nostalgia affect.
YYH is better than Dragon ball but that's really doesn't say much.

what i'm saying is that it's the same as dbz that the newer gen kids will find it cliche, but the truth is they set the standards of shounen anime so they are excused as classics

>the most popular anime
>wasted potential
try harder fag

It was unironically good up to the end of the chuunin exam. That's why it got popular.

It fell victim to shounen power inflation. They had already reached peak power level for the story to make sense, but they couldn't continue the story without continuing to ramp up the capabilities of the characters. By the end, they had children who could turn into kaijuu, techniques that could rearrange the landscape in seconds, and a villain who could raise the mightiest dead as his slaves with the full power they had in life. There's just nowhere good to go from there, except Gurren Lagann, which could only really be done once. It's just a full-magic universe, where anything can happen.

The way of testing your magic talent. Yes, the paper test is different from the teacup test, but it's also exactly the sort of thing you'd come up with if you saw it and wanted to copy it. There are many ways to discover fantastic talent, but it was an innovation to have it be something convenient, visually straightforward, and simple to understand, rather than laborious or mysterious.

He was unlikeable for most fans because he was an asshole not bad written.
I used to hate him myself but after understanding his character you can't dislike him any more.
His actions were justified and understandable especially when you consider that his purpose in life was based on a lie that made him hate the person who actually cared about him.
I like kurabika but his character arc isn't completed yet so I can't judge him but till now everything about him seems basic and generic.
Personally I think chrollo, hisoka, killua and even Gon more interesting than him.

This show was absolutely wasted potential, for staters it choses the wrong character to be MC

Attached: tumblr_mojpmh5eDV1s6vljvo1_500[1].gif (500x438, 454K)

Well?

Attached: tumblr_4bc4f1f347a2fd99cb184b2e7d2919fa_a84b88dd_540.png (540x304, 178K)

i don't hate him, but i personally found him just not interesting enough. and being predictable isn't the reason, since there are other characters in other shows that walked the same path and is well executed, like Prince Zuko of Avatar: The Legend of Aang

Why wasn't his majesty's child not loved?

>i want to kill my brother because he bad and kiiled everyone
>oh no brother actually good guy i wanna now kill everyone who forced him to do this
>oh no my brother actually did it because he loves peace and he knows what it means to be hokage
>i wanna be like him so im gonna kill all kage and be super powerful in order to achieve peace
>oh no i fought naruto and nostalgia kick in and now i don't wanna do that
FUCK.

Attached: 1550230707982.png (354x518, 323K)

The worst thing about Naruto is the FUCKING RETARDED AMOUNT RETCONS

LIKE IF THE 4TH HOKAGE COULD'VE SAVED NARUTO FROM A TRAUMATIC CHILDHOOD BY SEALING THE GOOD PART OF NINE TAILS IN NARUTO THAN WHY DIDNT HE DO SO? FUCK KISHIMOTO

Akira; Great animation wasted on a shit plot.
Kaze no Stigma only got one season.
kokkoku; could have been better if the explanation/resolution for the events wasn't a hand wave and a big coincidence.
Every which way; amounted to just a bootleg/off-brand nichijou

Imagine missing all the important elements that affected his actions and views.

youtu.be/dp66sJJhxn0

for the love god man, you can't defend the trainwreck that is Sasuke/Itachi/Uchiha plot. It's so fucking abyssmal

>literally using anime video essay instead of giving counter argument
Wow

>Akira; Great animation wasted on a shit plot.
Can you believe some idiots are remaking that as a live-action movie?

>Every which way; amounted to just a bootleg/off-brand nichijou
That sounds pretty good, desu.

>Can you believe some idiots are remaking that as a live-action movie?
Can you believe some idiots think that you need good plot in order to make box office hit?

Do you think I'll actually waste more of my time explaining the whole story arc of Sasuke on Yea Forums

>They had already reached peak power level for the story to make sense
In a way, but Naruto's eventual powerlevels would have made perfect narrative sense if the backstory just had been introduced earlier.
Like, Naruto's world and setting does make internal sense, but it is a massive problem that everything about ayyliens and the nature of chakra and genetics and genealogy of the shinobi is explained so goddamn late to the story.
You read it and it makes some sense afterwards, especially now that the series has managed to explain all that and Boruto is going on, but as it was still ongoing it was a fucking mess.
If Kishi had had this all planned from the beginning, or not even the very beginning, the overall narrative would have made so much more sense. A little foreshadowing here and there, exposition happening earlier, etc. and Naruto would lose one of its major problems, and the biggest issue would then just be the poor character writing.

>Aldnoah Zero
>Gargantia

>whole story
No, just explain to me how character who changes his purpose and point of view every 5 seconds is an example of good writing

this. Random niggers being stronger than Naruto and Sasuke was a turning point of the setting

I believe user was more of stating that the movie would be shit, not that it wouldn't be profitable. Nippon has the right idea to movies, get literally who's to act and you save 80% of the budget and get a superior product.

You're right, I can't. Great art, design, occasional sakuga, and concept ruined by shit pacing, power creep, ass pulls, and character development. At its best it could have been about the stories of the many stories of the many people of a certain Ninja village (why I've never understood the filler arc hate) but instead it narrowly focused on two faggots to the exclusion of everything else and undermined every trite message it had.

Fuck this gay series. I hate having nostalgia for it because I know I'll always be tempted to rewatch it even though I know how shit it is

Attached: [Doki] Seikon no Qwaser - 13 (1280x720 h264 BD FLAC) [A6E36E0F].mkv_snapshot_13.24_[2015.01.02_01.11 (1280x720, 71K)

They should at least try to tell a good story. Even from a purely mercenary perspective, a good plot made the difference between the reasonably profitable Independence Day and the ridiculous money machine Star Wars.

Internal consistency doesn't make a story good. "It was all just a dream." or "An all-powerful being was toying with the characters all along." achieves internal consistency, but is totally unsatisfying. The power levels prior to the climax of the chuunin exam were sustainable, with the toughest character being a sand-controller who came pretty close to getting his ass kicked by super kung-fu, and the power levels exhibited in the climax were acceptable for a grand finale, but afterward there's just no narrative tension left. The writer has shown that he might pull any power out of nowhere without warning to resolve any situation.

is this bait?

>Internal consistency doesn't make a story good
I didn't say it did. Naruto would still have a poor story because of its characters and the plots that surround them, but better consistency and setting up the world well would alleviate it at least.
All I'm suggesting is that if the elements that we eventually ended up with had been introduced earlier, the jumps in powerlevels would not have been quite as jarring. Things might have lacked tension all the same, because they can theoretically go anywhere, but at least there would have been an explanation when reading, and not way afterwards.
People seem to gloss over now what a mess it was because they now have all the information. Back when it didn't exist, every jump in what people in Naruto could do, and every bit of eventual background lore concerning the aliens and whatever was just readers going "what the shit".
Big problem too is that this Japanese flavoured fantasy world opted in using the word ninja/shinobi, and having them be a mix of both the actual mercenaries and the folklore ninjas, so all the magic shit kind of flew over people's heads in the west, especially considering when the series started with a heavier emphasis on the mercenary side, even though magic was always there from the first arc.

Gargantia still has hope. The way it was written doesn't mess up with any future possible sequels.

FUCKING BASED KIBA-CHADS WE OUT HERE

I will love him always.

Attached: mWMPlQJW.jpg (551x734, 86K)

>With Kiba, the survivalist/tracking side of the manga could have lasted for longer than a few chapters

Ao no Exorcist.

EVERYTHING was there to succeed, and somehow they squandered it all.

Attached: 9781421540320_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg (270x406, 35K)

Agreed mostly, but it's actually been kinda good recently by just pumping out story and not pretending that it'll be anything more than mediocre at worldbuilding or fights.

I stopped reading/watching when they introduced the rapping octopus guy, and I should have stopped long before that, so I don't know and really don't care what nonsense they wrapped it up with. I think the only thing that matters is the story until it went off the rails, which was at the climax of the chuunin exam arc.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Creative talent wasted on bitterness toward the audience, and active intention to disappoint them.

>Based Killer Bee drew people off from watching Naruto
Ya fool...

Power inflation wasn't a problem until the Great Ninja War Arc

Itachi was the only real power creep for a while, but yea the War Arc is when shit just got ridiculous

I liked how the first anime series concluded.

Attached: 28938069.png (1748x1181, 2.01M)

Attached: 4E062160-19BC-42BB-B789-0F98D820BA2A.jpg (637x1000, 288K)

This guy never got a chance

Attached: 7E5AFB5C-C920-4F2B-B95F-5CC0C97450D8.png (1429x1080, 1.34M)

But he beat CHOJI DUDE

The curse seal presented an arms race. There was no more pretense about the kyuubi being something that could be released at any moment if nurutu was tapping into it, we were getting dueling transformations. Lee alone makes some of the logic behind how Haku stacked up to people questionable, and Sasuke just hopped around by leaps and bounds throughout the exam and still couldn't keep up.

Then we have Itachi making a team of jounin useless, more sharingan bullshit, and the concept of "if you're not an uchiha you can't do x". As decent as the Sound 4 arc was, we left it with genin beating a team of mutants that jounin were unable to beat, Kiba having enough destructive potential to dent a Rashomon, Temari being able to cut a swath out of a forest, Sasuke being able to fly, and nurutu having a proto energy mech.

He's right, power scale became a problem way sooner than that, it was just a better series at the time and pulled it off.

>if I write a whole lot of retroactive bullshit fanfiction then this crap has tons of potential!
Nardy is shit, always was and always will be.

The point is that theres too many coincidences

No its more like your moms homemade pie vs a McDonalds apple pie. Obviously poor niggers that dont know about actual apple pie are going to enjoy the McDonalds apple pie and say its the best thing ever.

It's hard because I block that shit out of my memory, but Drifters is still haunting me.

I just realized how to avoid plagiarism accusations. Togashi made Killua and Kurapika. Kishimoto straight up plagiarized and blended these two characters to make Sasuke. Hori copies Sasuke and splits him into two characters: Bakugou and Shoto. Obviously what needs to be done to clear youself is to plagiarize what is clearly clear plagiarism without actually making the first work of plagiarism. So if hypothetically Kishimoto never existed, but Hori plagiarized HxH by thinking up a character that blended Killua and Kurapika and then split up that character, there'd never bean accusation of plagiarism in the first place because dumb anime watchers can't into seven degrees of Kevin Bacon on the character traits.

Why dont more mangakas realize this? Are they retarded or something?

Sasuke is inspired from Hiei from YYH and an old ass anime called Sasuke.

Todoroki is basically Japanese zuko than anything else.

He unironically was.
>perpetually late screwup orphan
>can't even unlock his clan's signature eyes
>trains hard every day in taijutsu, shurikenjutsu, and katon
>passes the chuunin exams without sharingan
When he finally awakens the sharingan and mangekyou sharingan it doesn't even grant him constant asspulls like every other eye wielder. He gets one ability and it's not even an offensive ability like amaterasu or susano'o, it's a tactical ability. And he uses it to the point of devastating effectiveness. Obito is the protagonist of my heart.

Black clover is only getting better and better with every chapter release. The only thing that tarnishes the series is Studio Pierrot working on it while working on Boruto and other dumb series that don't deserve it.

Read the manga

That's them doing the buddha you massive faggot.

The chuunin exam arc climax turned into a kaijuu battle, and that was just immature teenagers releasing their full power. Meanwhile, the mature villain was using techniques that rearranged the landscape and raised the dead with their full abilities.

That was a crazy jump in power level, and basically steered the series off a cliff. Suddenly, Naruto was at the level of taking on Godzilla. The combined might of the general populations of the ninja villages including most of the supposedly elite "jounin" were revealed to be orders of magnitude below their few strongest members, all of their buildings and facilities were things that could be wiped out with a wave of the hand, death itself lost meaning.

It still might have been possible to salvage, but only if the author committed to a genre shift. He didn't. He tried to continue on as before.

The core issue was that the two duels each overshadowed a battle between armies, not just narratively (which would have been fine), but in power level. Gaara's transformation shouldn't have progressed beyond the man-badger stage. Gama should have been no larger than a car. Orochimaru and the Hokage should have duelled in secret, not used a barrier insurmountable by even an army of ninjas, and their duel shouldn't have involved resurrection. It was just generally overpowered by a factor of a thousand, leaving no possibility of continuing the gradual power inflation curve which had worked well up to that point.

Bleach.

Unironically his brother's manga was way more wasted potential.

Bleach made way better use of its potential and its biggest problem was continuing past Aizen.
The Fullbringer arc should have been its own original manga, and not some vestigial graft to Bleach.

Which one? Satan our savior or Super Stickers in a virtual world?

666 Satan

>Not liking Based Killer bee as he BLACKED Sauce in front of his bitch

That Child of Prophecy stuff completely ruined the story, right?

naruto still had strategic battles up until pain. The real problem was its story dragging and overreliance of sasuke and akatsuki as the antagonists. It was a gradual downfall that really began to show after pain. And then power inflation in the war.

The story honestly was ruined when PT 2 started. Child of prophecy stuff is too late in the game to have realized it was shit.

Seethe more

That's an old eastern trope. The same way many chinese stories have the characters have to perform some test to see what attribute their chi is.

There was still strategy during the war. Naruto outsmarts the edo tensei third raikage, unmasking Tobi was due to Kakashi and Naruto strategies, Obito strategically baited Kakashi into removing Madara's seal in order to become juubi jinchuuriki, and fighting Juubito had several strategies including the flying thundergod strat with Naruto, Sasuke, Second, and Fourth and when they escape the god tree bijuudamas. The main problem was Madara, he was nothing but asspulls.

It's gotten better, but it wasn't what I would consider even worth watching till the end of the Seabed Temple arc when they fought Vetto. You could seriously just start at that arc and you wouldn't miss anything because they recap the whole 5 arcs right after it before they start the Witch Forest Arc.

Yeah, it starts slow, but that's Pierrots fault for making things unbearable

Asta screaming I think made the anime harder to watch than it needed to be, aside from those pacing issues. Like I think the first chapter was split into 3 really slow padded episodes for no reason, and every episode is still introduced with the goal and what the wizard king did. I assume that this is a lot better as a manga. I had to stop watching one piece after the Marineford arc because the episodes and arcs were getting so bad and just read the manga and only watched the anime around large fights.

But that's because Gaara was a tailed beast and Giant Summoning justu is an S Rank technique, which Naruto pulled off because he was also a holder of a tailed beast.

Like I said, it's the Great Ninja War Arc that created the huge power escalation.

Orochimaru could only resurrect up to three dead guys. Kabuto could summon MULTIPLE dead guys. That's a clear cut example of power creep.

>could only
Does he say this? I thought he only needed three because he was reviving the kage and assumed that would be enough, not because it was his limit.

He only summoned 1st and 2nd Hokage because it would hurt the 3rd the most. Also who in their right mind could defeat both the 1st and the 2nd? Only reason they lost is because Orochimaru got too full of himself

>You could seriously just start at that arc and you wouldn't miss anything
I've never read Clover and I wanna test this hypothesis. What chapter should I start on?

Black Clover is trash dude

Chapter 57 is the start of seabed temple

My Boredom Academia

because he was a huge faggot

I'm always annoyed when people consider the shitty festival arc as one of the best arcs. Zero stakes in winning, it's just to get an internship. Maybe the prospect of a good internship is big shit for nips and college students. However usually there is something more at stake in a tournament arc than a rounded resume. Not to mention its pretty much wasted because we knew Deku had connections the whole time and would have gotten an internship on All Mights recommendation anyway.