HunterxHunter

If Togashi wants to release 10 chapters this year, the latest he could return is mid october.

Since Togashi wouldn't want to leave us a whole year without HxH, and announcements are always made two months before the manga's return, that means we'll have an announcement in less than a month, bros!

Attached: ep85_07.png (401x226, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animekisa.tv/hunter-x-hunter-2011
animekisa.tv
youtube.com/watch?v=k4bpkPL3kxg
youtu.be/oxleIv9A9UA
youtu.be/x78o116dh2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay I give up, I actually want to give this a shot now. I hear It's been on an infinite hiatus, did they stop at an cliffhanger or was it a proper ending for the parts before it? I'll watch depending on that answer

HxH winter is gonna be comfy as fuck

>yfw Hisoka, Leorio, and more Morena all in the same batch of chapters

Attached: 1532095989587.jpg (416x412, 45K)

>Using photo Gon where he was naively optimistic and had his hopes and dreams dashed

lel

Kind of a cliffhanger.

>I'll watch
I'll assume you're talking about the anime then. The MC achieves his goal in Ep.1 by the end of the anime so there's a satisfying conclusion but there's more to explore in their world which is continued by the manga.

Manga = middle of new arc after anime so cliffhanger
Anime = There's an ending of sorts. Togashi himself said the series could have ended at this point.

That's the point

Many people felt closure with the ending of Chapter 339 and Togashi has said that he could have changed some things and ended it there, the story after that also no longer follows the original protag, but the ending is obviously rushed in some plotlines, while clearly barely accomodating things that seemed to foreshadow other stuff, and there are some pending plot threads not closed there.

Basically, imagine that Game of Thrones/aSoIaF ended in S4/A Storm of Swords, except that it is written to imply that the WW threat is stopped with Stannis taking the Wildlings south and Daenerys is content with nothing more than ruling Meereen.

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

How long until you can post images again Pitoubro ?

If not for that one Gyro line, Gon's story would legitimately feel conclusive. Hopefully it pays off.

Lol is he blocked from posting or something?

Thanks for the replies. So I guess It's somewhat of a cliffhanger but also an okay ending that won't make me feel like things were stopped abruptly halfway. I'm going to start watching then.

I'm not entirely against reading the manga, I just think It'd be cooler to see action packed scenes animated but if I liked it enough I'll continue with the manga and wait. I just don't want to be forced to start reading because the anime suddenly ends out of nowhere.

Knowing Togashi, that's gonna be addressed in the future. He doesn't write in a linear format. Like we didn't know Kurapika's drawback until like 3 arcs later.

Avoid spoilers & shitposters. I went in HxH blind and enjoyed it a lot.

At least read the first chapter of the manga before starting the anime. You'll immediately understand why it's important.

Or he could watch Ep.1 of the 1999 anime.

So how many days will this thread take to hit bump limit, Whisperchads? 2 or 3?

HxH thread... Home...

Attached: hisoo.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

>Since Togashi wouldn't want to leave us a whole year without HxH,
he has already done that though

Also don't listen to 1999 fags, watch 2011 adaptation first because it has more arcs and much less filler and an actual good ending not a cliffhanger, after that you can choose to give the 1999 a shot since it has some good stuff aswell.

The anime is kind of hit and miss, it does some scenes justice, but butchers others pretty badly.
Especially at the beginning since they had to censor stuff.
I would recommend the 1999 version until after Yorkshin, then you can continue with 2011.
No matter what you do, you should either watch ep.1 of 1999 or read the first chapter of the manga, because for whatever reason they didn't include Kaito in the 2011 version.

Meanwhile other manga on hiatus
>Berserk: no threads despite a new chapter recently
>Bastard!!: no threads
>D.Gray Man: no threads
>Nana: no threads

Feels good to be on the winning side.

Attached: 1533049663954.png (400x400, 179K)

The series is dope even w/the hiatus. And the 2011 anime adapted til the last completed arc of the manga. Well worth the watch.

Attached: 1563149643962.jpg (880x720, 115K)

>Leorio
Kek, no.

We haven't had a chapter in 30 weeks yet you see daily threads on here, just wait until new chapters are announced.

Based
The hype for HxH is undying because if it dies it comes back stronger, just like Nen
Berserkbabbies can't even analyze their series even with a new chapter, because it's so shallow

Attached: Parallel.jpg (4110x2385, 1.12M)

99 adaptation is better btw

>this wrong opinion
lol

Watch the 2011 anime unless you want the superior 1999 quality like pic related.

Attached: superior 1999 quality.gif (400x279, 1.67M)

You guys are cool, I haven't been spoiled anything ever on this place as long as I was asking kindly. Though now that I said this I'm absolutely sure someone is going to spoil me so It's time for me to stop following this thread. Appreciate the advice.

Then I'll read the first chapter of the manga and go on with 2011. After finishing it I'll probably continue reading the manga from where the anime stops. Thanks a lot again and take care.

Since I first watched it, I feel like HxH embedded itself in my brain like a barbed arrow. So I couldn't lose interest in it even if I wanted to.

When you watch more than 20 anime you'll start to learn why visual direction is important.

Attached: 1513682673342.jpg (603x1081, 474K)

It's best if you don't visit HxH threads until you're done with the anime or you're gonna get spoiled about the major events.

99 has way better visuals and directing in general.Colors and especially backgrounds are too bland in 2011
But as others said, 2011 has more arcs. I'd say watch 99 then continue with 2011 after yorkshin arc. 99 has greed island too but it's bad

Attached: 1462037159415.jpg (1488x2880, 712K)

I watched both and i definitely think some stuff in 1999 is really well done, mostly Yorknew, however i still prefer the 2011 version and i'd rather newcomers try 2011 since it's more complete and has less filler, then i'd tell them to give 1999 a shot.

Attached: ml77celdzca31.jpg (1920x1438, 213K)

1999 fags keep on posting this one scene to justify their argument while the rest of the 1999 had shit slideshow animation. The 2011 anime is the better choice overall.

Attached: 1563560741626.png (198x162, 13K)

>I'll read the first chapter of the manga and go on with 2011
Good choice. Dont listen to the 99fags. It had a few good scenes in the first arc while more than 90% of the entire show was bad.

More than that, the dark theme doesn't make that much sense considering Togashi's intent is to make the reader think they are getting into a lighthearted adventure shounen only to then bombard them with dark themes.
Ruining it from the start is a poor choice.

Attached: superior 99 quality.webm (960x720, 2.98M)

>2 months
announcement is always 2 week before, not two months

More like 90% of the 99 anime is better than the new one.

>Implying not 9 chapters of succession war wank

I watched 2011 up to the end of the hunter exam and liked it well enough. One question though. Did the tone deaf director ever get a grip on how to use the soundtrack in a way that doesn't make your toesnails curl up? Or was the OST so bad that he didn't have any other choice?

Like a month until my vacation is over, it'll probably be montha for my phone.

Cringe nostalgiafag, the 2011 is more faithful to the manga in both the tone of the story and the plot

I had no problems with the OST but if you didnt like the ones used in the first arc, they'll be new soundtracks in the next arcs.

Attached: 7af445d74773cb2c8716a62f3bc9df54.gif (250x187, 906K)

superior 2011 animation. Sasuga Madhouse

Attached: giphy.gif (500x200, 319K)

I want to have my first kiss with Pitou!

>posts Kurapika catching bullets in 1999
>posts a different scene in 2011
Your desperation is showing.

Attached: 1563121740963.png (900x900, 285K)

Based. Even the character design in 2011 was closer to the manga. The 1999 made them look older.

No, I'm posting good animation vs bad animation. Both have good and bad scenes. Nitpicking is easy

1999 is full of dark edgy filler while 2011 is faithful to the manga.

I mean if you want to do an accurate comparison, you should show the exact scene.

So why did the 1999 anime add a lot of non-manga scenes of these 2?

Attached: original.jpg (639x406, 40K)

Is the same scene.

1999 elevated the material. 2011 adapted it.

Rewatch the ep.

>random fillers inserted everywhere
>elevated

Attached: 1563557595015.png (323x371, 115K)

Pitou is a good girl

An update to my previous autism on Silent Majority. There's no guarentee they'll join for Kurapika's 2nd round of classes unless they happen to be someone who's been ordered to stay close to Kurapika by another Prince. Also, The user KNOWS about Kurapika's lending ability now, since he assumingly went through the same process as everyone else in the 1st Class, and is the most likly to leak that ability.

Attached: 0hmysilentmajority.png (2053x1695, 2.46M)

is the 99 version on youtube the best way to watch it?

No, 2011 is more faithful to the manga unlike the 1999 anime. And if you want to stream, use this: animekisa.tv/hunter-x-hunter-2011

this copypasta cherrypicking again

I watched the 2011 version first and I loved it. But there are some sakuga moments in the 99 version

>watching anime on youtube

Attached: 1563511173118.jpg (400x400, 52K)

the 99 version including the OVAs in dub and sub are on youtube. I was wondering if the quality would be better from a different source

I watched the 99 version back in 2005, then the 2011 when it aired. I always recommend the 2011 version bec its better overall. And the 2011 had more sakuga moments. Even Gon vs Hisoka was better in the 2011.

encoderanon version is the best one

yeah the consistency of 2011 is pretty hard to beat

Pitou is a goddess

>2011
>Sakuga
The 2011 version hardly has animation on it, everything is static as fuck, and the empty backgrounds make you cry. Like the only part with actual animation is gon vs hisoka, and even then is full of cuts, speedlines, one colored backgrounds etc

yt has good player and you can watch it immediately for free
inb4 this is not an ad

You're talking about the dialogue moments which is the standard in all anime. Even 99 was the same. But the fight scenes had tons of sakuga.

>Did the tone deaf director ever get a grip on how to use the soundtrack in a way that doesn't make your toesnails curl up
It gets slightly better and doesn't completely ruin everything but 2011 has problems with every aspect of directing to the end. The director was a new one and it showed.

I linked this above retard. animekisa.tv
It is free and no ads. Youtube uploads are often downscaled from the original video quality.

> I was wondering if the quality would be better from a different source
You're completely retarded, leave.

just let go you deluded woman

Pitou is the love of my life

Pitou is for Tonpa

Attached: b744fa978a8d2394f056879e36b0a43b989d609dr1-480-480v2_00.jpg (480x480, 61K)

how is that not a legitimate question?

the best part of this manga and why it sets itself differently from other shounen manga is that the story can still continue without MC. If anything the other characters get more development and are even more interesting. The lore is really great too

Attached: 1536176130152.png (640x480, 663K)

Leorio is for Tompa

We'll see

Attached: dragon quest.jpg (1437x1788, 477K)

I remember a chart from years ago comparing 99/2011 Chrollo vs Zoldycks and why the former is far superior. Anyone have it saved?

If you don't understand then you are hopeless.

Chrollo cheated because he knew he would've lost in a real 1 on 1 fight against Hisoka.

This. I like how Togashi made the main characters a small part of a bigger world, instead of having the entire world revolve around them like other series.

Attached: 1540445560486.png (2356x1580, 191K)

No such thing as cheating in a life-and-death fight. You do everything to win.

That's probably why it feels so organic and how each arc seamlessly goes into the next whether it be with or without the MC. Not to mention how Togashi never completely gives the reader everything they want. Only giving just enough to have them clamor for more. Like most of the troupes past or just how much abilities Chrollo has stored in his book

Attached: B3-4sTbCUAAiySr.jpg (800x600, 106K)

I want to impregnate Pitou and take responsibility!

Best OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=k4bpkPL3kxg

Attached: 1451258930138.png (300x300, 106K)

>onsidering Togashi's intent is to make the reader think they are getting into a lighthearted adventure shounen only to then bombard them with dark themes.
But the retarded genre shift is the idea of the 2011 animators. Why would Togashi start the manga with Gon learning that playing with an animal cub might lead to the parent attacking if he wanted to make it look like a happy adventure? Why would he fill it with gore and horror movie references?

I don't think 99 is perfect, but it is certainly closer in tone to the manga and has more consistent characterization.

Togashi describes Gon in interviews as "edgy" and "not a good kid", because Gon is willing to make his mom suffer to go on adventures. 99 makes it clear how much Gon is making Mito suffer. 2011 completely ignores the subject and Gon ends up a flatter character as a result.

This. The 2011 anime skipped over literally everything with Gon and Mito's relationship. They made it into "bby be careful auntie lovs you" and Gon acts all cutesy with her. In the manga, their interactions establish how mature Gon is, and his moral ambiguity is established straight away, it's shown that he understands her, a grown woman, and respects her decision to take him away from his father.

Hisoka wasn't in the CA arc despite being in every other arc in the story because he would've killed Meruem by himself.

>replying to his own post

The good thing about Togashi taking so long is that the next anime will 100% certainly use CGI for the Nen Beasts. And by taking so long, the technology to make that CGI look good will improve.

Pitou is pure

>next anime

Attached: 1461528359147.gif (500x281, 674K)

Forced vacation? Where you at? Why can’t you post Pitou images?

People like to forget that 2011 anime had a lot fillers and cut content or events going different path.

I got banned for 'ban evasion' even though I wasn't even banned in the first place. My phone can't upload images since its been ip ranged but its stupid dyanmic ip always had me getting banned for other people's posts on boards I don't even go on, most Yea Forums for some reason.

If its true that there is a discord of pitou posters then they need to take over for me.

Oh okay I thought you were on a holiday or something visiting a country you know

Hisoka will die of old age.

To build and see more of Leorio & Kurapika’s relationship, in which the manga fails to do. But I liked some of the non-manga scenes and it didn’t hurt or ruined HxH.

The sumo manga is ending so a big spot opened up, it's happening.
Togashi already had the 10 chapter laid out too so 20 chapters this time.

Chrollo will stab Kurapika to death and end the edgy Kurta bloodline once and for all while nobu will collect pika’s head.

Chrollo won't be making it off the boat alive

I wonder where Phinks und Feitan lives. For that matter, where does Chrollo, Machi and Nobunaga live?

With enough training and nen, Uvogin could kill Meruem.

Pitou is our queen

Kind of ballsy if bel was a target and not the user of SM. I know hunters aren't OP by default but they should still be someone you expect to counter a choke hold with some ease.

Leorio has been fucking Cheadle raw the entire boat trip

Kurapika Kurta

Imagine eating with Killua at a restaurant. He's sitting across from you. As you're about to take another bite of food you feel something down below. Something small and soft. It's Killua's foot. He's taken off his shoes and is rubbing your growing bulge with his left. You can feel his tiny smooth toes wiggling and caressing that expanding dong under the table. Of course, no one else in the restaurant notices this, that down under, Killua is teasing your shlong like the little succubus that he is. He then starts doing it with both feet, and as you make eye contact with him, he winks and gives you the naughtiest smile of all time. Both feet are now rubbing up and down, sometimes both in sync with each other, sometimes he alternates between the movements. He knows just how to work those trotters. He just stops feet-jerking you for a moment to just squeeze your fully erect bulge with as much satisfying pressure as he can. He whispers softly, so that only you can hear him. "I love you." And then he begins violently pumping your pre-cumming member with both of his smooth soles. He smiles at you while doing it. And the inevitable finally happens. A huge wad of thick cum comes shooting out of your cock, covering his little toes with the potent load. He bites his lip and never breaks eye contact. No one else in the restaurant knows what happened.

Attached: killucute.jpg (250x250, 19K)

I miss the NGL

He'd only do this to Gon though.

I want Pitou to sit on my face and crush my head with her thighs!

Kurapika Paladinknight

Imagine if Bodoro was still alive

why did bodoro have such weird hands

Attached: tumblr_n2ucm6wTGd1rwwu6yo5_500.jpg (500x375, 24K)

I gave up with HxH after the first Dark Continent hiatus. I know about the meme Hisoka fight but mostly ignored it.

HxH has a lot of dialogue and little details and I really can't be bothered to re read everything every six months just to have 10 pathetic chapters and then it dies again until next year. It's fucking insane at this point.

I'll just wait a few good years until it's a bit more substantial and get into it again.

Fuck Togashit, he's undermining his own work.

Imagine if Shalnark and Kortolpi were still alive

You should have just posted "I can't really read" instead of that long diatribe.

>I gave up with HxH after the first Dark Continent hiatus
>he hasn’t been through the CA hiatuses
Fucking new readers don’t know true despair

Hisoka is going to rape Gon after he's done with the spiders

Fucking why?

Here is a song for all of you to calm down youtu.be/oxleIv9A9UA

Attached: 1470950659522.png (996x413, 179K)

Haha, Hisoka will never find Gon ever again.

DO YOU FEEL LIKE I FEEL
youtu.be/x78o116dh2Q

Honestly, as someone who went into HxH completely blind and has worked their way through 11', manga and 99' in that order, I definitely think the 99' anime took too many liberties for it to be considered a valid entry to the franchise. It's a nice watch, don't get me wrong, and I like the darker color palette but they really cranked up the melodrama to the point where it was kind of obnoxious.

That being said the greatest offense in 99' is how badly they butchered the Hisoka vs Kastro fight. There was no fucking reason for that. It would've been one thing if they were on a time constraint but seeing as they then proceeded to spend 20+ episodes on York New I just can't fathom why they made that choice to cut Heavens Arena short. I don't know where the manga was at when those episodes were airing but who knows. Maybe they could've animated Greed Island properly if they'd just given HA the full attention it deserved instead of speeding through one of the best fights in the series.

I still don't get why nobody suspects the bogdanoff bodyguard from the third prince. Just because the prince did not know nen does not mean they can't have secrets and the dude is clearly rocking the oj lipstick

Attached: best mafia.png (291x291, 31K)

Pitou and I are happily married

Where did you get this pic?!

best mafia member design so far
He was way too relaxed for someone learning about nen for the first time. He is on the largest ship ever built which is secretly being used as a deathmatch map, heading towards a mythical eldercontinent, and to top it all off a legendary band of murderers are explaining to you that they have superpowers.

The man is clearly out of fucks to give

Attached: 9BE94893-C295-4D6A-8CBA-9740BA6898D7.gif (500x281, 393K)

>CA hiatuses
How old are you guys?

Attached: ready.jpg (284x284, 53K)

We have seen Sakata's thoughts, when Halkenburg shoots his arrows, and he clearly doesn't know Nen.

27, I got into HxH back in elementary.
I have transcended petty normal human feelings and achieved true zen peace.
When all the normies at work suffered because one year for the next GoT season was too long, I simply chuckled.

No lie, this is one of the best moments in the series. Just Kurapika staring with moody emotion at some stupid fat baby. Something about it is pure kino.

Attached: 1460982627645.png (500x361, 365K)

These threads are dead without Pitoubro

Hunter ecks hunter is NEVER coming back fags.

One piece chads win again bros

Attached: 1245786592.jpg (432x340, 16K)

How's your predictable and generic formulatic story going on in your cliche feudal era Japan arc?

Getting baited by that low quality post

Attached: 1Vfs0AR.png (549x519, 286K)

Low quality posts get low quality replies in return

wano is a billion times better than the boat arc thanks for asking. At least things actually happen

>those deleted posts
It was literally one falseflagger, kek. Rent free.

Attached: 1560275277677.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Pitou is our queen