Was he the worst part of the series?

Was he the worst part of the series?

Attached: du81se-d2ca5398-0e27-4506-ace0-1f102c4e236f.jpg (800x600, 70K)

The entire series was pretty bad in retrospect. It's just your run of the mill Shonen.

Ed was.
And this. Overrated bland crap.

Yeah I'm a 2003 lover but I'm pretty sure no one on Earth is gonna try to unironically defend Robo Frank Archer

I don't get why people shit on the 2003 series when it was the reason the anime/manga got popular in the west in the first place.

Yeah, and Tokyo Ghoul anime adaptation made it popular

People shit on both because they are shit

the only thing bad about 03 was the filler in the first few episodes and frank archer. Everything else was pretty amazing tho

>Everything else was pretty amazing tho
Stop.

apart from what i said, what didnt you like about it? I will concede that broho and manga did Bradley 100000000x better tho

The exact moment this faggot was released from jail.
Holy fuck what a fucking garbage character, literally a Saturday morning cartoon villain but edgy.
He came out exactly when the plot was settling... Just another blood stained euphie-like forced ploy to set the story in motion again.

Attached: 83aa58a24c4fc679bab58a816621f36adf7a5024_00.jpg (225x350, 21K)

>when it was the reason the anime/manga got popular in the west in the first place
That's a bad thing, you fucking retard.

IMO the silliest part was the villain twist. It's just some dust bunny that wants to become literally Jesus. No real motivations. This felt so stupid compared to all the realpolitik stuff his henchmen had to pull throughout the series.

And that's why the OG anime was better. It had a different villain. This just shows that autistically following the manga is not always the best choice.

The difference is Tokyo Ghoul was clearly made for profiting off a popular series and that alone. FMA 2003 had a lot of care placed into it. It was shown by either certain moments that should've been taking seriously to be giving a proper dramatic pacing or the anime original's bittersweet ending. It felt like a seinen essentially.

I was around those times when it aired. Unlike Tokyo Ghoul, I never seen anyone complaining about 2003 until Brotherhood came around and aired.

this moment
but not because of this character. it was the moment when they almost ran off of entire manga material and started doing silly twists

I thought the fart cloud had a decent amount of depth though. If there was ever a way to handle a "i wanna be a god" motivation then this felt like one of the better ways to do it. It was a side effect of his innate desire for freedom and understanding.

Overall Bradley was way cooler in Brotherhood/the manga (although especially Brotherhood cause all his fights looked amazing) but his final fight in 2003 being with Mustang instead of Scar was kino.

Attached: MustangVsBradley.gif (480x360, 3.88M)

Nah, it's just a tired shounen trope. Unironically kys if you think it was deep lmao.

>old dude that teleports behind you with his not-katana
Wow, what a great character.

What a corny fucking scene.

Attached: ae70f1485628c053f67cccf5f77a1e68--roy-mustang-mustangs.jpg (476x750, 58K)

Done before doesn't mean it's innately bad. I don't really think it was super deep or interesting, just that it wasn't as simple as "i want to become jesus". He had guiding motivations.

man, I wish they didn't follow the source material of Golden Wind so we would have a good finale

manga > 2003 >> broho

This. On top of that, the original anime kept a constant reminder that screwing around with alchemy has serious irreversible consequences, not just bad things that just get better if you search for the answer hard enough.

/thread

what the fuck does that have anything to do with it being good

Brotherhood adapted the last part of the manga that 2003 deviated from and the initial part was handled better in 2003.

is there a reason so many people on Yea Forums hate FMAB
is it because it's overrated?

Like I said in my other comment. People never said it was bad UNTIL Brotherhood came out.
You're a zoomer, so you didn't live around the time it was airing and probably didn't watch the original anime.

It was babby's 1st anime on adult swim. It's not terrible but it really isn't as good as people make it out to be.

i like both where the manga went and where 2003 deviated. 2003 went on to tackle themes that were much more interesting to me personally but manga was a more fun spectacle in the end