Farewell, KyoAni

Farewell, KyoAni.

Attached: D_ywXxYU0AAauSa.jpg (1063x752, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RJPIOe4UJew
youtube.com/watch?v=rcEdDnjkGtM
deviantart.com/ducklordethan/art/Kyoto-Animation-fire-806170854
youtube.com/watch?v=hBdWb34RKwc
youtube.com/watch?v=yoT-5nO4JJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They still have their other studios. They'll eventually find a way.

Violet Evergarden was the only media I've ever shed a tear to. So I guess that means Kyoani must've made an impact on me. To the wonderful people that lost their lives, rest in peace.

why does this illustration make me tear up but the actual news didnt?

And good riddance.

Is Violet Evergarden good or bad? Half this board seems to despise it.

This is actually sad

Like most things, some like it, some don't, those who don't are more vocal.

Have you seen spanish telenovelas? Its exactly like that

Am i only able to feel sad if it's portrayed in 2D? am i that autistic?

Not like this...not like this

good, ignore Yea Forums and just try it
pre 2016 Yea Forums would have loved it

Does anybody else think images like this are really fucking gay?

At least 33 people fucking died but no it needs to be anime characters.

Who's the pink haired girl on the right?

must be the autist

I keep making edgy jokes, but it's really just a coping method.
I don't want to feel this way bros

Attached: 1547265657354.jpg (836x543, 78K)

Give it a try. Even if you don't like the story, if you're a fan of animation you're bound to appreciate the ridiculous quality the show has.
It's easily their most well produced show when it comes to audiovisuals.

Shoko

same, i can joke but this is shitty

Looks like Kyon didn't make it out of the building

Not really no.
Those characters are what link those creators with their fans. One can grieve for both at the same time, you know.

Honestly it's pretty good, and it may be a must watch now that Kyoani will probably never create something with that high quality in visuals ever again

I'm confused, why did Yea Forums burn down their source of moe?

And nothing of value was lost

>pre 2016 Yea Forums would have loved it
pre 2015 Yea Forums would have hated it

On a whole it's generic but it has three or so godlike episodes.

They'll be back in a year or so. They just have to push the deadline on the 1920's electricity anime they're planning.

Isn't he carrying someone near the front?

It's so fucking weird that the biggest massacre in post war Japan was some dude sperging out about Euphonium. It feels like a dream. I haven't felt this way since pepe was on tv in 2016.

t-they'll recover, right?

Attached: 1563441530975.png (1288x722, 855K)

Like with most things, the haters are the most vocal ones.

Fag!

Attached: 6BAF51E0-73EA-46E6-B0F4-C0F8F77511FC.gif (500x268, 2.54M)

That's the brother who always wears a scarf from Kyokai no Kanata. Actually I can't tell who he's carrying but I assume his sister

Evafags don't count, they are less than human.

Attached: 324534544441.jpg (500x500, 67K)

Let people react how they're best able to do so. Making art that celebrates what the studio created is completely valid

>Shouko grasping, and her sister holding her back
IT HURTS

neither are fate and shounen shitters

You know that Evafags have a high opinion of themselves, and have taken this opportunity to shit on KyoAni in the most disgusting way.

>that pic
>Yea Forumsnons unironically grieving the worst fucking studio in the industry
*turbo cringe* this board is fucking dead.

if haruhi s3 wasn't gonna happen before it definitely isn't happening now fuck

I rated it a 5/10 and I honestly think it doesn't deserve more than that.

It had two or three memorable episodes, but the rest blurs into obscurity.

they have their other studios as well as their sister studio Animation DO
This setback is will definitely make things challenging but in a horrible way it's also advertising for the studio - it's been broadcasted in mainstream media all over the world - and every accomplishment they have in future will be related to "overcoming this tragedy - a perma-underdog" or at least that's how I see it
I have faith they will recover.

We can only assume, there's no way to know who's doing the shitposting
It's probably mostly crossboarding tourists who don't know what a futaba even is

post your 3x3, Yea Forumseddit

Has a few good episodes. Mediocre overall.

It wasn't Trigger that got arson'd user

Yeah you should leave

Okay, now post yours fuckboi
Fine, you got me there. At least Kyoani miraculously made Amagi Brilliant Park.

Attached: 3x3.png (900x900, 1.21M)

All those characters are sad because they lost somebody important to them in the fire
Look at Haruhi's face, you just know Kyon didn't make it out

It's serviceable. The story ranges from inoffensive to kinda okay, plus there was a lot of effort put onto visuals.
It's definitely no masterpiece but it's worth a watch unless you really believe in the forced animation meme.

>shounen shit
>shounen shit
>SHOUNENSHIT
Did I just get baited?

>those who don't are more vocal.
>says this when we have to VERY dedicated VEGfags that spams new threads literally every single day and bumps them

>Kyon didn't make it out
Don't do this to me.

Attached: 1434648375390.jpg (600x338, 32K)

I wish I could carry a girl like that

Beautiful animation over a crummy plot. It's phantom world but for sad stories

two*

Why all the hate for Kyoani? They just wanted to make anime for people to enjoy

Attached: 1563425682075.jpg (749x1020, 116K)

So this means haruhi season 3 is confirmed with yet another studio right?

7.8/10

then show me yours faggot

Go back to your containment board, shounenspic

Let's compare dick sizes then. I showed you mine, still waiting for yours tranny.

based mentally ill poster, shitposting for free

Really well animated but mind-numbingly boring.

You wish. La Rosa de Guadalupe is better.

>make anime for people to enjoy

I pray really hard for kyoani and all the staff.

But I never liked a single one of their anime because I don’t like moe. Sorry.

Kyoani used to be Yea Forums's favorite studio until the normalfag invasion.

>Guys, guys, I hate kyoani
>why yes, I only watch shounen and an occasional edge fest

It's fucked up.
This could have happened to JC Staff and no one would care.

Don't mind me just came here to laugh at you weebs and burnt pedo animation producers.

Attached: brown-kitten-with-his-tongue-out-licking.jpg (600x400, 97K)

wish I could draw like that

They havent made a moe anime in almost 10 years.

>comic sans
Absolutely disgusting.

The worst part is how Hibike's legacy is forever tainted by the massacre. Like how PewDiePie and Candace Owens are forever tainted by the Christchurch massacre.

Who is he carrying anyway, I don't remember.

Pewdiepie was tainted long before thanks to his racism and homophobia.

Why don't you watch it and decide for yourself? I thought it was okay.

I'm upset about Haruhi S3 now being beyond dead (though it was never going to happen anyways)

If half of Yea Forums likes something it's good.

That was just stupid jokes. The last thing dozens of people heard before they were gunned down was SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE.

This isn't the same as a bunch of nobodies dying in a terrorist attack and we will all suffer direct consequences of this. When a bunch of shitskins die in a places you've never heard of or when a bunch of kids get shot, it really is a case of "i only care because humanity cares" but with this we will actually get less high quality animated shows. FUCK

Attached: im gonna kill myself.png (681x472, 197K)

>They havent made a moe anime in almost 10 years.

Or action, trillers, or a anime with character designs that are not cutesy or fujo like.

Attached: C93E7920-A378-4727-8CEB-59D825C99C29.png (2560x1440, 2.92M)

>im gonna kill myself
Stream it faggot. Kyoanus can eat shit.

Who is that dude carrying the girl supposed to be?

Couldn't agree more
Those lost lives could have gone to different studios and produced great content - but because it's a popular studio like Kyoani it's cool and edgy to shit on their misery.

Exactly what you would expect from a Netflix Original Anime

rip in piss pedo chinks

Soulless well animated shows with bad writing being lost is nothing.

Scarf brother from KnK

Hiroomi from Kyoukai no Kanata.

That was fast.

I mean he he said it in the car. What they heard before they died were some good songs
youtube.com/watch?v=RJPIOe4UJew

Attached: 1552693987076.png (3218x6480, 1.76M)

>soul soul soul
nice buzzword retard, you're just an edgy contrarian faggot.

It's a dumpster fire

Attached: goodbye.png (1000x568, 982K)

It's tasteless. They did it for the likes.

Bad, but kyoani objectively houses the most talented animators, and have produced the most successful and influential shows in anime. One or two of the people who worked on OPM Season 1 for example could have potentially died in this fire if they were doing any sort of work in kyoani, because kyoani only uses the best of the best for animation.

>paying a tribute to the creators of said anime characters
>TASTELESS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THEY DID IT FOR THE LIKES

I'm so sorry for your inability to feel sympathy, user. I genuinely am.

Blame the normalfag invasion and people thinking 4chin was a cool place to be to be retarded without supervision because of what they hear about on the news.

Reminder that the edgelords joking about this tragedy are the same kind of 'people' that shit on VEG all the time.

>Bad, but kyoani objectively houses the most talented animators
housed

33 death is too difficult to recovery...

Kyoani's stuff are all talented animaters.

aren't animators working in a different building though?

Here are your kyoani haters from Yea Forums

Attached: file.png (1885x985, 1.11M)

The sexy cat probably.

Yeah it's genuinely horrible when you think about it. This affects every studio as many animators are shared among everyone.

I shit at VEG and modern Kyo in general but i'm not autistic enough to have an ill will towards the actual people working in the studio

This pic makes me sad

No one cares fag

Something about the contrast of the purity that anime is supposed to encompass and what has happened makes it really depressing to me.
I can never look at their shows the same way again.

garbage
newfag lol

>Yea Forums is full of edgelords who haven't realized 13 years has passed since 2006
color me surprised

> One Piece
cringe
> GITS
god tier
> Gintama
garbage
> Kenshin
meh
> ???
> kokoa
shit moe trash
> lelouch
meh
> ???
> monster?
meh

>fan art already
absolutely based, who is the artist?

>laugh at all other tragedies
>making fun of muh generic moeshit dying is too far!

Attached: 1563481329225.jpg (500x500, 191K)

good riddance to bland moeshit

I would just like to say that Clannad is the pinnacle of sol anime and rip to the victims of this tragedy.

>dragon maid lives
whats even the point then

Attached: yamcha hates niggers.jpg (954x681, 134K)

wait did I miss something?

I'm a huge KyoAni fan. I've donated to the fund and even visited their office in Kyoto before. VEG is just objectively subpar.

rip

Attached: 1248626965277.jpg (641x479, 38K)

I don't and I hate all nu Kyoani titles since Hyoka.

>People unironically complaining about edgy jokes on Yea Forums
When did it all go wrong?

Nah artists do this sort of thing all the time (Uderzo drew this after the Charlie Hebdo shooting).

Attached: 6010142-3x2-700x467.png (700x467, 167K)

What the fuck? How are you able to draw fanart right after this happened? I was depressed all day I couldn't even pick up a pencil.

Because they like it and there is a lot to talk about?

>Shounenshitter
You have to be over 18 to post here.

Even manga artists drew for Charlie Hebdo, like Atsushi Kaneko

>Soulless
How as Violet Evergarde soulless faggot? How was clannad or kanon soulless? To this day there are some scenes that bring tears to my eyes.

Shame innocent people had to die.
Still an overrated studio.

Only if they do Haruhi's S3.

Attached: ichika.png (719x720, 1.12M)

Why not both? Violet Evergarden had drama, action, a cute character that had a lot of flaws...

user, different people cope in different ways.

Firewell, kyoani.

I can't look at this stuff anymore, it's seriously setting off my depression. I'm taking a break from this place.
See you another happier time, anons.

Attached: 1552674374788.png (166x166, 39K)

Yeah nah it's just a bunch of dead weebs. Who gives a fuck. Lemme see those memes.

It hurts so much... I'm watching the ending of clannad after story right now. Man all these characters they created. All that talent. What a waste.

Is there a source for this image? Reverse image searching isn't working and I can't make out what the signature at the bottom right says.

;_;

Attached: D_xWBAYX4AAR2Ge.jpg (2110x1500, 569K)

Who the fuck thinks it's okay to draw this stuff?
>western artist
Of course.

this picture made me cringe hard
especially because its signed

I'm really sad about this whole thing but god fucking damn, I hate all this with a burning passion, so now this tragic incident have become the way for people to get clicks, likes, subs, upvotes and much more, just fucking great.

There were a few japs who drew characters praying, but yeah, nowhere near this.
And it's not even the worst, some artists just drew their furry oc with a kyoani symbol slapped somewhere

It have a few ok episodes, another few bad episodes, a couple of good episodes, and a couple of fucking awful episodes, overall the best 6/10 anime you'll find, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, you can seriously find better things all over just this season, but I also wouldn't call it a total shit show, again, a 6/10 would be the best way to describe it. About the "fanbase", it simply doesn't exist, people pretend to love it because they know it makes people mad, now here is where it gets tricky since people pretend to get mad at people pretending to love the show to make other people mad, sooo, that pretty much summarize the "fanbase" around the show.

>especially because its signed

This.

Nothing makes me hate western artists even more. We dont fucking care about your shitty name, you talentless hacks!

Is hard to get mad at jap artists because they don't ask or get any of the shit the other user mentioned.

Yeah, I know, and just for clarification, the furries were western.

Depends if they have the funds / capability to recover. I work for a small business owner and if our machine shop went up in flames we would all be out of a job.

now do you see why we pile on moralfags? it's not because we're unfeeling sociopaths, it's because it's impossible to tell if the emotions people convey online are real or just done for social approval. the only person who will ever really know how you feel is yourself, so why bother telling strangers about your sadness in the first place?

I think they will. Personally I'm wondering why they have such a small building in the first place.

>They just have to push the deadline on the 1920's electricity anime they're planning.

Ah fuck I totally forgot about that. It was the first KyoAni anime that appealed to me in a long while. I'm a lot sadder now, shit.

Good riddance, one done who's next?

>Personally I'm wondering why they have such a small building in the first place.
Anime studios are fairly small and don't make alot of money

Because Yea Forums summer autists are here and have been here for a number of years.

Nice meme. Its cute

Its the true power of martyrdom.

>4chin
>Normalfag
>Yea Forums was never like this
Actually retarded and cringe at the same time
You have to go back

Same, the last thing of theirs that I watched was Hyouka and I was looking forward to that.

It's going to happen user. Just give them a bit of time

Attached: 1561862471790.png (1257x1008, 685K)

My heart also goes out to the victims of Clannad.

Based, hopefully this will be the year where normie shit dies.

>cr*nge

opinion disregarded newfag

youtube.com/watch?v=rcEdDnjkGtM

It sucks but it reminds me of the mass shooting at the showing of The Dark Night Returns or whatever here and there were endless drawings of ducking Batman mourning the victims

>JC Staff
JC staff was actually good in the 90's early 00's.
So at least they have their legacy titles like Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal, Slayers, R.O.D., Revolutionary Girl Utena, Toradora, etcetc. And other modern titles.

The studio no one would care about is Studio Deen. They never had the great legacy of JC staff (who ruined tsukihime), but Deen ruined both Fate/SN and Umineko. That's 2 of the top VNs absolutely butchered.
They just really sucked later on.

Kyon is fine. The animators, Sugita, and Tanigawa are alive...though since Takemoto is probably dead, you could say Kyon was injured.

>not putting source in filenames
lazy

>being so fucking lazy you can't even GRIS

Pot calling the kettle, user.

People who love LWA and Triggershits (like majority of Yea Forums nowadays) will say its bad.
In truth its good and one of AOTY 2018.

Also Yea Forums nowadays is worse than reddit.

Attached: 1532212778355.png (1021x1035, 1.33M)

>GRIS
I tried that and yandex and neither worked out. Filename leads me to believe it's from Twitter and fuck trying to search for specific images from there.

deviantart.com/ducklordethan/art/Kyoto-Animation-fire-806170854

>Cr*nge
Come on at least prove that you're a veteran on here cuck.

Who the fuck cares about anonymous strangers opinions of them

Of those surviving, how many haven’t been maimed and are mentally healthy enough to go back to work? I can’t see them recovering with half their A team dead and the other half in terrible shape.

Thanks user.

Please. The studio won't be open again for at least another month or two.

I like sad and edgy art but whenever it's done paying tribute to a tragedy I physically cringe. Is it normal?

It's well animated but at the same time terribly directed and choreographed which ruins any appeal the animation might've had.

lmao

they still have their sister studio Animation Do, maybe they have to rely on them for a while

It could've happened to DEEN and everyone would celebrate.

Something like this will put them much farther behind than that. They might get another building leased in that time but it will be empty and waiting on recovery of those injured and replacements of those dead. It might be open in name but it will be in name only for at least a year.

>Kyoani almost certainly going bankrupt if their building wasn't 100% fire code compliant

Maybe some of the still willing survivors will branch off to start new studios, kind of like how Trigger and Khara were born out of the rotting GAINAX.

>Top tier art
>Pretty decent animation
>Character and plot are mediocre.
Pretty great overall. Plot isn't mind blowing, but good overall. A few eps have their individual stories that are good.

Knowing Japs at least a few people are going to be showing up to work as soon as humanly possible. But yeah it will take a long time for actual production to begin

Tatakae! Tatakae!

youtube.com/watch?v=yoT-5nO4JJY
This

Attached: Eren.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

average
episode 10 was nice

Basado

if we're talking to Yea Forums about "soul" anime is the most soulful medium in existence
rarely does anime make a large profit
animators are treated like shit but do it because they want to

Attached: 1445813797515.png (441x387, 169K)

Unironically last year's AOTY. Episodic in nature but it doesn't forget about Violet's growth throughout the series. Beautiful visuals and fantastic animation when needed with a very good soundtrack to bout. If there' anything I can nitpick about the series is that the last 2-3 episodes were not so good. Other than that, I'd say it's a very good show, one of their best.
I'm sorry it sounds like a falseflag, I just really liked the show.

There is hardly, if any, flammable or ignitable material stored there. I don't see why they would need it, arson is not a common crime, especially in Japan.

Most likely the director for that died.

Is moeshit slice of life finally dead? Is this the fire that will promote growth in the rest of the forest?

I know where exactly the fuck I am for more than a decade. But this doesn't excuse that one bit nor does it make it better.

They lost a fuckton of directors, it's possible that none of the injured will want to work for the company again, and that is basically all but ONE of the employees that were in the building. Releases are going to get delayed as a result, there will probably be cancellations or at least a long fucking hiatus, they're going to need to establish a new head office. I also expect they're going to get their asses sued by a good amount of the victims' families for not having security personnel and zero emergency exits.

A comeback isn't impossible, but it's going to be a long road.

I agree with the people potentially leaving. If such things happened to me and I survive, I wouldn't want to take my chance to enjoy different things from now on.

Sorry meant *would

The plot has been enacted. Time will only tell now.

I was really looking forward to that too. Comfy SoL set in Taisho-era Kyoto sounded right up my alley. Now it might never be made because of some murderously autistic trainfucker.

they deserve it for OPM2

It's not even about that. We don't know the extent of the injuries, but it's safe to assume that they are AT LEAST severely burned with respiratory issues. If they can, by some miracle, still work with the same schedule, I highly doubt any of them would want to go back to Kyoani. Imagine having to work with your colleague, seeing their burn scars, remembering that there used to be five of you. It's a PTSD bomb.

That picture is not fucking okay.

Dilate

The person who drew this may have autism.

Why didn't the building have fire escapes? Or sprinklers?

When will Japan learn building construction.

>sprinklers
>in an animation studio
retard

I'm somewhat excited at first seeing this image because it's one of the very few fanart of ai coming out nowadays

Attached: 1539905097068.jpg (1025x1119, 145K)

go back to your containment sticky
>it's better to just let people die
Retard.

They wouldn't us sprinklers though fucking moron.

Because your an autistic weeb NPC

It's a fan's way of saying goodbye. I doubt the creator was trying to piss people off.

>Shoko reaching back to the fire
>Ishida missing
this is not okay

if it's this controversial on Yea Forums, it means it's good. Look at Evangelion - same story there. Also, stop listening to Yea Forums, Yea Forums and Yea Forums - be your own person

Attached: 1549434512975.jpg (402x480, 32K)

Haruhi should've been burned to death.

It's a masterpiece and I'm not joking. The season it aired the board was torn between VEG, DitF, Yuru Camp and SoraYori. Over time DitF drowned out the rest of the board because crossboarders loved that shit, and ever since then they've made it their mission to make it seem like the majority of Yea Forums hates VEG.

>Mitsuki didn't make it
you couldn't save your imouto you failure of a brother

Attached: 1422080016721.jpg (1280x2880, 472K)

Love KyoAni but it's so fucking bad.

It's fucking bad and only sell on the basis on sentimentality. And lens flare effects, lots of them.

VEG it's alright. But their shitposters should have been in the building

it's trash

>Or sprinklers?
the entire first floor was covered in gasoline - sprinklers would have made things even worse

Fuck I want to believe this is true so badly. It wasn't the amount of people they lost but some of WHO were lost and what there was actually lost.

It's a masterpiece that was cut up and reassembled in the incorrect order but the constituent components are easily the highest quality work KyoAni ever put out. Watch them to try and understand the artistic talent that was lost.

Noooooooooooooooo!

So you are saying its better to forgo sprinklers completely because some fires can't be put out by them?
What if someone flicked a cigarette and everything went up?
What if something sparked and caught?
It was a tinderbox, papers and folders everywhere, cells, wooden everything, a fucking makeshift chimney right in the center of the studio, if this was any other sort of fire a sprinkler system would have worked wonders other than having zero preventative measures in the entire building filled with flammable shit.
Not to mention how helpful it would have been for people on the upper floors to gets a heads up shit was going down once they get soaked by the sprinkler.

Not just talking about Yea Forums, but if half of the audience hates the show, wouldn't it mean that it's more than just contrarianism?

If half the audience hated the show it wouldn't have sold what it sold or gotten scored the way it scored. It wouldn't be the "flagship" of the studio at the moment.
Listening to loud and obnoxious children saying it's shit is not a good idea.

that's Tsuioku-hen, which is Kenshin on steroids if steroids could pit a man against 747 coming at him at full speed and have him come out on top

I remember back in 2009 when I first hear the word Kyoani, Endless Eight was airing and I didn't know anything about the studio but I saw a bunch of screencaps being spread around animesuki of Yea Forums reaction to it at the time, people screaming 'KYOAANNNNIIIII' at the top of the lungs 'FUCK YOU KYOANI, FUUUUUCK YOOOOOOU!' it was kinda amazing, of course I loved Haruhi and even like endless eight on it's own, but the amount of passion the people here had and being able to so easily treat the studio like it was an old friend they were fucking with, like no really angry, just being pissed off for the fun of it, that's the day I came here, that's the day I learned what Kyoani was, and the love hate relationship that's stuck with me all this time

it's harsh but when the rest of humanity leaves you jaded and the only ones who were able to set your soul free again were this very select group of artistic autists on some island way across the other side of the world, you can't help but think you failed in protecting them in particular over all the other bad stuff that goes on

>insulting Sakamoto Desu Ga in a roundabout way

this is unforgivable.

or dr doom crying for 911