Fire code in Japan

Is it legal in Japan to have a hundred-million dollar revenue company and not have any fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, or emergency exits/ladders for your workers?

I thought Japan was supposed to be an advanced country and China was supposed to be the stereotypical slave factory with no safety regulations for workers.

Attached: tinderbox.png (640x404, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ctvnews.ca/world/kyoto-animation-what-to-know-about-the-studio-where-33-were-killed-1.4513924
youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA
youtube.com/watch?v=rnmcRTnTNC8
youtube.com/watch?v=z0wK6s-6cbo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlvYxdG1ovc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SHE'LL BE RIGHT

Attached: 240px-Bulkhead_Repair.png (240x164, 14K)

"1階の窓が壊れて飛散していることから、1階部分で爆燃現象、爆発現象が起きたと思われる。2階と3階は外壁が焼け落ちたような状況がみられるため、非常に温度の高い状況が、それも短時間で発生したと推定される。これらの状況からガソリンのような液体がまかれて着火し、急速な火災が起こったと思われる "

From the first floor window and debris spread, it is concluded that the first floor had an explosion occur, and the extensive damage to the outer wall of the 2nd and 3rd floor, show that it was very high temperature, so it is likely that an liquid like gasoline or other was used to start and make the fire bigger"

通常の火災は室内の温度が1000度以上は上がらないが、ガソリンは場合によって1500度まで上昇する。これは鉄が溶けるような熱さで火炎を浴びただけで息ができなくなる。爆発現象が起きた1階では、状況が分からないまま人々が火炎に包まれ、2階と3階にいた人たちは爆発音は聞いていると思うが、何がなんだかわからないまま炎と煙に襲われて、逃げ場を失ったと思われる

Normal fire inside a building don't reach temperature over 1000 degree, but gasoline fire can reach over 1500 degree, able to melt metal at that temperture it is impossible to breath, people on the first floor was perished quickly, 2nd and 3rd floor heard the explosion, but before had time to reach, the fire and smoke came, and they didn't had time to run/react.

Thinking the same thing. But then I remember that japan isnt as technologically advanced as we think. For instance, they still use cash everywhere (no cards).

ガソリンは着火と同時に火炎が数メートル上がるなど、通常とは比較にならないスピードで炎が広がるので、おそらく火災報知器が鳴る時間も、防火扉が作動する時間もないぐらい勢いよく燃え広がったと思われる。火が出てからでは逃げるのは困難で、建物内の入退室の管理や荷物のチェックなどのセキュリティー強化が必要だ」と指摘しています。

Due to the unatural speed and spread of the fire, likely rising a few meter after igniting so spreading very fast, there wasn't time for the fire alarm and fire door to activate, making escape impossible, the only secure way now is to increase checking of personal item and coming in and out of building

was it jet fuel?

>able to melt metal

So fire CAN melt steel beams

Ill never understand you fags that armchair quarterback victims of disasters in such a nitpicking way

Fuck, they had no fucking chance.

Years of fantasy media and no real experience with danger.

Do you know what forges are?

JA 123 was a fuck up of boing engineers though

At least the first floor guys didn't suffer.

Why do terrorist never set buildings on fire? It seems efficient.

KyoAni isn't a hundred-million dollar revenue company.

based and schizo pilled

how the hell a incel otaku can do so much damage without formal training in pyrotechnics, chemistry and demolitions?

because terrorists, more of then than not, are retarded. the people that are moderately intelligent and have an education that would allow them to cause serious harm also have, with very few exceptions, an interest in self preservation and lack a cause.

Doesn't take much brain to poor out shitloads of gasoline and set fire to it.

ctvnews.ca/world/kyoto-animation-what-to-know-about-the-studio-where-33-were-killed-1.4513924
>The songs were so popular that by 2011 “K-On!” had gross revenues that reached more than $182 million.

Intelligence correlates with less impulsive behavior, so you only get these supervillian tier attacks once in a blue moon when all the bad traits and environment align

Wasn't an incel otaku. Was a train fag from 2ch. He got a nickname 'barisaku' from the train boards and KyoAni came up with the same name when they made an anime to describe something entirely different. Apparently what set this guy off was when they posted the name on local trains for promotions.

They're getting sued to shit

was this actually confirmed?

most modern items that fill any building are very flammable
just put some gasoline, set it on fire and voilà, it doesn't take a 200 IQ genius to do that

It takes more than unga gun kill people me use gun to kill people

The barrier between just shooting people and burning exits is probably significant

Try doing this in the west. You'll have security subduing you in seconds once you start pouring gas in the lobby. Only very small and completely unknown companies will let some dude into the lobby and beyond with no means to stop his rampage.

takes a bit of logistics and planning to do it in a building full of people though.

That's cumulative and on their most successful title. They were probably only making like 20 million per annum in 2018.

Only america have armed security in normal buildings.

worst villain origin story ever

You don't need to be armed to tackle some dipshit.

well, why didn't they have fire extinguishers?

I bet you think you're pretty smart, huh? Think you can outsmart a bullet?

You can get a ccw pretty easily in America so anyone can be armed.

I have armed security in my country.

You don’t need a weapon to tackle someone

How do you know they didn't?

It's funny how everyone is suddenly Rambo tackling armed crazy people when on the internet.

So like what happened with the Noid?

what does that even mean?

I’m sorry I meant Security guards don’t need to be Rambo or have a gun to tackle someone

The building code usually doesn't cover things like Arson or mandate things like hardened steel plates in the walls in case of a workplace shooting.
It's completely unreasonable to expect the code to cover for deliberate attacks. They call it an accelerant for a reason.

Like the first thing your gonna do is extinguish the flames while there's a maniac incinerating people? Lol

Fire extinguishers can't be used for anything other than a small fire that you can get within a few yards of

This was an office, not a slave factory for manual labor. So it makes sense that their regulations weren't that high, because there was nothing dangerous which would call for them to need higher safety measures. No one predicts someone to walk in with a buck of gasoline and set the whole thing ablaze. Sure some prevention ethics would've helped them. However, this wasn't just some fire which starts at some floor and spreads, this was deliberate.

The building had no fire exits. If a fire started on the first floor and reached the stairs before the second/third managed to evacuate, they'd still be fucked.

It didn’t even have sprinklers?

>water on a gasoline fire

retard RETARD. The fire literally melted the fire alarms.

A fire that originated from gasoline could be suppressed by sprinklers, at least to the point where the employees could wait for rescue on the upper floors without dying from smoke or heat.

As far as I heard, the building did have fire exits. But the guy blocked them.

Lol, wtf is that how they make metals now I just though it was some guy/machine hammering it into shape.

>No one predicts someone to walk in with a buck of gasoline
Now they will!

So what's the story? He literally just walked in with gas cans, poured it on the floor thennig ignited it? Was there not a single person to notice he might be up to something?

Would you fucking tackle someone spreading gasoline and risk getting yourself covered in it?

>1000 plus degree gasoline fire
>fire extinguisher

There isn't an adjective for how braindead you are.

To stop him from lighting a match? I'm a security guard? Yes.

cash > card

There are a few examples of intelligent people turning to terrorism. But honestly, terrorism does nothing, so only bottom of the barrel idiots would think it's a meaningful action. I mean this wasn't terrorism, nowadays everything just gets labeled as that, he just wanted to fuck up kyoani.

Attached: 74221-120-93CB883E.jpg (300x225, 17K)

Chad Cash:
>immediate payment
>purchase history not tracked and analyzed by the card company
>if you lose a few bucks, you don't lose your entire ability to purchase goods

The virgin credit card doesn't need describing.

All flames are hot as fuck, retard. Small gasoline fires can easily be put out with a suitable extinguisher. 40l of gasoline? Probably a bit too much.
The real question is how the fuck the fire or just the smoke spread so quickly. It shouldn't be possible even with 40l of gasoline.

>he doesn't have Discover 5% cashback with paypal, etc etc
>no Amex 3% cashback for food, reward dollars, special cashback offers etc
>has no free double length warranty
>doesn't have Citi double cash for misc items
>insurance and loan rates godtier
>and many more

Mother fucker I have 6 credit cards and have given credit card companies $0 of interest.
Must suck to be a poor creditlet.

Attached: Scrapped Princess - 11 (BD, 720p, AC3) [5CA58D98].mkv_snapshot_07.52_[2017.08.09_20.34.38].jpg (956x720, 369K)

>The real question is how the fuck the fire or just the smoke spread so quickly
Buildings are made of wood
Considering it's an animation studio there was probably flammable chemicals and paper around too

it probably didn't. 20 people died in that stairway behind a locked door.

>lets card companies collect every single thing he buys, to eventually use against him in the global social credit era

Shaking my head, to be honest.

I heard that he waited for the fumes to spread, but that sounds fucking retarded, gasoline isn't something that can be spread without notice. Hell stations smell and there is only trace amount there, hardly enough to cause an explosion.

Reminder, regardless of your situations, never go for form > functionality. Those stairs may have looked pretty, but they're lack the function necessary to move many people at once.

There were emergency exits in the building according to some news reports. It's just that those were inaccessible due to the fire spreading their insanely quickly.

didn't the oklahoma city bombing scare the feds shitless and cause them to back off for a while?

Oy vey, he is right, follow his lead, goyim!

Advanced, yes. Care about their workforce? HAHAHAHHAHAAHA

scaring the feds doesnt mean they back off dumbass, quite the opposite

Japan doesn't know WTF fire exits are

Attached: Japan can't have these.jpg (640x480, 126K)

Exactly. Terrorism doen't mean shit unless you're bringing EVERYTHING down, which is impossible. Unless you can bring an enormous meteor out of space with your mind, just give up.

it is actually the sane option, except from just running, if you allow the perpetrator dictate action you'll always be behind and unable to react in time, in other words its always better to react than don't in such a situation. That said, it's doubtful that people can keep their wits in such a situation, even trained personnel would probably panic

Attached: stare (3).png (203x420, 76K)

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense. The moment you pour that shit out the fumes are everywhere.

How would you know how fast a 40l fire spreads smoke? 40l is a ton of gasoline. All that catching fire in a relatively small building? I'm surprised there wasn't damage to the surrounding area

3 story houses don't really need fire ladders to begin with, just jump

Trained personnel would have a response to something as simple as arson. Disable the perp as fast as possible. Security isn't your random employee- they're trained and employed solely for this purpose.

vigin cash
>paper bills
>lose money when lost
>the coins metel not even worth the denomination
>cling clang kang
the chad platinum card
>metal and thicc, register cutie's feel it up
>money back guaranteed
>doesn't even know how to pay bill, automatically done for him
the japs cash suck anyway. their smallest bill is a 10 dollar equivalent, anything lower is change . alot of it

this, ever seen video clips with retards pouring gasoline from a soda bottle on firewood and everything explodes? Now 40x the amount of gasoline and you got an inferno on your hands

>3 story houses don't really need fire ladders to begin with, just jump
you can die from jumping out of the 2nd floor, depending on speed of fire and smoke progression you might be in a panic and make a wrong landing

That makes sense if the arsonist has self preservation in mind, this guy sounded like he ran around with a can of gas in one hand and a lighter in the other. I've worked security during college and I sure as fuck weren't taught have to handle what might as well be equivalent to a suicide bomber. You probably have a single attempt to knock the lighter out of his hand while you probably get drenched in gasoline and you have to pray you can knock him out cold before he pulls another lighter from a pocket or similar

Attached: 1490603227686.jpg (426x341, 99K)

yeah no, I lived in Tokyo for a year and having to constantly handle change is not worth it

>stairs cutting across windows
>no access at the second floor landing
It's shit.

"Ah-ha! I've installed a stair!"
>Entire house made out of 10cm thick wood
??????? Just.. why? Eurofag here

No it's not, it's two einheitskanisters, it's not actually a large amount, he probably couldn't spread it on more than one floors.

While I'm of course saddened by the horrible fire at Kyoto Animation, I'm not all that surprised by it. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a building in Japan and thought to myself that the place was a firetrap and a tragedy waiting to happen. I don't know if fire safety laws are lax in Japan or if they're just routinely ignored, but either way, something like this was inevitable.

Do they have change-to-paper machines? We have coin exchange machine in America for us cash-chads to get rid of all of our change.

There may be many reasons.
In this thread I've seen Eurofags make a lot of stupid posts like suggesting Japan should make houses out of brick. Nigga, they tried this when Japan was colonized and the earthquakes killed thousands

(not this thread...the main one)

I only ever saw paper to coins machines, not the other way around. One of the obachans from the local market told me she was impressed that I always payed exactly the difference to get a single higher currency change back when shopping for food

eurofag here, wood is god-tier building material

>this guy sounded like he ran around with a can of gas in one hand and a lighter in the other.

Proof? Sounds pretty hard to be honest. Pouring a heavy can of gas usually takes two hands because of the weight distribution needed to actually pour it out of the nozzle. Holding a lit lighter in the other hand would be incredibly dangerous and would likely go up the in the arsonest's face with the slightest splashback.

Because I'm actually a fucking firefighter? Buildings don't just go up in flames instantly because you pour a ton of gasoline out, if they are built properly. Turns out this one had a spiral staircase connecting every floor durectly. No doors - nothing to separate anything.

not even that the buildings in the west have many exits and many ways to prevent a fire this would not work even with no security

id imagine he held the lighter in his fist and supported the can from underneath, at least that's how I'd do it

>Try doing this in the west. You'll have security subduing you in seconds once you start pouring gas in the lobby.
You'd be surprised at the number of places you can just walk into so long as you look like you belong there. There are people who do it as a career, breaking into places they shouldn't be and then selling security upgrades to the businesses they break into.

Japan is weird, they have a very ordered and technologically advanced society yet for some stuff they tend to be quite archaic

basically no fire zones with x minutes of guarantee of not spreading

>There are people who do it as a career, breaking into places they shouldn't be and then selling security upgrades to the businesses they break into.
I caught a guy like that at our office once, he tried social engineering first by claiming to be a visitor that had left behind an item, then claiming to be a friend of an employe. As mentioned above I worked as a security guard during college so I didn't buy his story and the fact that he did a 360 and left when I wanted to confirm it proved it

I live near a college campus. I'm very aware of how easily someone of my age could just waltz into a random building or two and just start dousing the place. However, these places have actual fire security, so the occupants on higher floors could escape.

Actually it can't MELT steel beams at that temperature but it can WEAKEN it enough that it BENDS easily as this expert metallurgist demonstrates.
youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA

The problem is papermache not wood. Actual wood also doesn't fire and burn down that easily.

>they care about workers
user...I

Unrelated to the thread but a good watch
youtube.com/watch?v=rnmcRTnTNC8

It hardly matters. What caught fire was the contents of the building, not the building itself.

There were no fire escapes. There was no fire suppression. Why are you talking about wood?

>360
>left
You what mate?

No fire suppression system that can be in an occupied area would have helped the people in this fire.

Oh bullshit. CO2 works great

>cia shill

I hope you wear all of your protective equipment, firefighter-kun. I've heard of guys not heeding their chief's warnings and getting cancer, desu.

Hello, newfag

Yes because flooding the room with carbon is great for humans since we breath the stuff right?

Fucking idiot ...

office building fire suppression is for normal fires.

this was a fucking chemical fire you idiot.

You're wrong too. In Factories with flammable chemicals have very strong fire suppression systems, even in areas where people work. Fires need to be suppressed because chances are more chemicals are stored.

Granted like the above comment, they'd never be in an office.

If you're still skeptical you can go to any metalworking shop and try it yourself. Science doesn't deal with exclusivity. If something is real, it's real for everyone.

a normal sprinkler system would have prevented the building from going up in flames by simply stopping everything but the gasoline from burning

So instead of waiting for the fire and smoke to kill people, you kill them first with your fire suppression system. What a brilliant idea.

It's called an extinguisher. They're installed on walls. Doesn't Japan have these?

>muh chemical fire
the only thing special about gas is that it floats on water, that's literally it. This wasn't burning metal

>a normal sprinkler system would have prevented the building from going up in flames by simply stopping everything but the gasoline from burning

Attached: 1532327643574.png (844x628, 955K)

that is wrong.

No amount of fire extinguishers in the world is gonna save a building set on fire with that much gasoline. Although fire exits should definitely have been on hand at the very least.

It's normal to have ABC fire extinguishers. They're cheap and common

For a gasoline fire you might as well throw snot at it for all the goof a fire extinguisher would do.

good goy

>beating a gasoline explosion fire with extinguishers and sprinklers
You might as well spit on it.

Yeah. that property is certainly why automobiles are powered by it.

That smoke on the door infrared is amazing.

No you fucking idiot because a small building like that with no actual dangerous equipment on site would probably only have small size fire extinguishers and only for certain classes of fires; not for fucking 11 gallon gasoline fed 1000 degree infernos started intentionally by an arsonist, you stupid fucking idiot.

our standard fire drill for freshmen in the lab is to fill a fume hood with about a liter of ethanol, set it on fire and having them extinguish it with a CO2 fire extinguisher. Takes about half a second.

gasoline vapours are heavier than air, it was limited to the first floor. springlers would have prevented everything but the gasoline from burning

they are powered by it because of its high energy density, low flash point and low thawpoint. the worst that throwing water at it will do is spread it out a bit. which sucks, but it's a far preferable situation than having the entire furniture, office supplies and wooden structure go up in flames

their technology tends to be used mostly for entertainment while the shit that actually matter like security and communication is not even on second thought. it is more like the tenth thought or twentieth

In a factory or shop setting sure.

In an office? Maybe a couple of C's in the electrical room.

Attached: zzzh.jpg (1222x914, 159K)

they do have one of their feet in tradition.
in terms of buildings, wood has always worked great against earthquakes and it's cheap.
unfortunately, not great vs fire.

Because Japanese buildings are made of paper? No, I'm not kidding. those sliding doors? twigs and the screen is about as thick as a normal sheet of paper, Tatami mats burn pretty well too.

You'd figured the filthy slant-eyed fucks would have learned a thing or two after WWII when we used that fact to firebomb entire cities, but nope! they just built everything out of paper and wood all over again.

Didn't you see that the thing burned down? An high IQ user and one or two fire extinguishers would have kept the fire at least in check long enough so he could lead everyone to a window they wouldn't find without him.

Just wearing gear that hasn't been cleaned/washed properly is a hazard. Things are pretty good here though.

Very possibly. This is how regulations are typically installed, loss of life andor property as a result of an abuse of free action. None of this benefits anyone but it is neccessary to prevent further loss of life and property.

>they have a very ordered and technologically advanced society yet for some stuff they tend to be quite archaic

They USED to have a very ordered and technologically advanced society. One could argue the "ordered" part still exists, but technologically advanced? Nah. A number of factors, like The Lost Decade (失われた十年) and an aging workforce, has them playing catch up with countries that were once considered technologically inferior to them.
In any case it looks like they didn't really prepare for all contingencies (hard to blame them what with the low crime rate and such). Their system was probably prepped to handle nothing larger than a bin fire. A psychopathic arsonist with a supply of gas and knives? That's a different story. It would be like tornado proofing a house on the west coast of America. The possibility of it happening is so low that it's probably written off as unnecessary spending.

Just like burgers keep refusing to build houses of concrete in tornado regions. Nobody knows why.

Fire extinguishers are magic apparently

That's good. I know firefighting is extremely dangerous in the long run, and you're fighting dudes that have been in the business for decades and don't believe in proper safety.

That's only midwest people dying to them so it's fine.

>hurrr I know nothing about building codes or fire standards
Maybe it wouldn't matter in your shithole country, but you would not be allowed to build anything like that where I live no matter what it would be used for.

Well, nobody told that freak to only use a few liters and don't make them explode.

>falling for bait

Natural disasters are the gold mines for medical and housing insurances.

what does that change? It's still limited to the ground floor initially and a sprinkler system would have prevented it from spreading out. would've died down after the gas burned up as well

It doesn't matter what you think about your third world coubtry's building codes because the fact of the matter is that Japan doesn't have the same codes. Aside from the fact that we weren't talking about building codes at all we were talking about fire extinguishers which you completely dodged and know nothing about and how they interact with an actual fire because you're a LARPing idiot

fuck that. card > cash
so it hurts small business because it charges a small fee to them for the convenience to the consumer. boo fucking hoo.

Says the OP who probably scoffs at and skips all the fire drills at the place he works. The fire was deliberately lit with gasoline. Look it up on youtube and see how fast it burns.

user, the only person you're hurting is yourself. You're handing all of your purchase info to a company you don't control of have any real idea about.

The dude had forty liters of gasoline on him and spread it throughly before lighting it on fire. A few sprinklers would maybe contain it for a minute or two, but it wouldn't stop the fumes from rising up and choking the life out of everyone in the building

Why didn't the receptionist stop him from dumping gasoline?

He had a hammer and a knife user, please understand.

>just jump and break a leg
Why do idiots keep saying this shit? I like fire exits, I don't want to live in the 19th century.

Except jews

he poured it into the first floor from a bucket. the sprinklers wouldn't do anything about the burning gasoline except spreading it around but they would stop the furniture, office supplies and wooden shit from catching fire. They would also cool the air and wash larger particles out of the smoke. And they certainly would stop the fire from spreading to the second and third floor.
At the very least they would've bought them a lot of time, ideally they would have saved them since a few gallons of burning gasoline sure as hell produce a lot less smoke than entire burning floors.

in terms of fire supression it actually doesn't make that much of a difference to what these systems are designed for. The first floor was fucked, sure, but everything else was just abysmal and should not have happened with proper systems in place

The time period between initially and later was appaerently just a few seconds so as soon as sprinklers start and you aim the fire extinguishers the fire is already as big as a third of the building at least. The dimension is to big, the temperature too high. You can dust a log laying inside a campfire with a plant duster too, it might give you a few seconds but not enough to stop the fire.

>tripfags smdh
I'm sorry user but why do you think a homicidal trainfag with ultra-instinct autism isn't an incel otaku?

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=z0wK6s-6cbo

I wouldn't be suprised if he asked him to stop it a few times before apolegizing that he now feels pressured to call the police.

the fire extinguisher is worthless in a situation like this, the sprinkler system is not. you get a big flash initially but apart from the people that get spit roasted by it that won't do much damage if the sprinkler system kicks in. The fuel in any location but a limited segmet of the ground floor is limited to normal office shit, something a sprinkler system is perfectly able to keep in check

how the fuck did he carry 40l of gasoline anyway? that's pretty fucking heavy to be just carrying around

not feuer frei?

Call the police or something?

This.
I swear I could probably Gaijin Smash the BoJ

Why aren't all regulations so safe that they require these in every building?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlvYxdG1ovc

>Wasn't an incel otaku. Was a train fag from 2ch
Same fucking thing retard.

With a dolley. The guy just casually walked through the neighborhood with all the gas.

Around 30kg, I wouldn't say it's something impossible, but yeah, you don't take a hike with that through town.

We also use key cards a lot in the west if it's not a store you're going to be selling crap out of. It's a little more difficult but still possible. Also yeah we have more fire escapes and probably a stricter fire code and more securities because we have much higher crime rates, thanks to our darker colored citizens.

>No one predicts someone to walk in with a buck of gasoline and set the whole thing ablaze
Nobody predicts a fire will happen at all, dumbshit. The entire point of having emergency exits is for situations like that, so they're there when you need to use them.

I think this one suits it better.

Because money user. And no, it's not about the price, it's about greed, people don't wanna spend.

>wanting the bank joos to take a cut

Fire escapes are cheap

Reminder that nips aren't really civilised.
They are just chinks that got uplifted by America, very recently.
For the true nature of the Japanese, look at their whole history, not the last 50 years. That history still informs their mindset and attitudes now.

That they are. But we have them here in the US because we have laws and regulations going back a good hundred years when factories used to go up in flames back in the early 1900s. If people don't have to spend they're not going to, it's that simple.

So who exactly survived? People who've seen the arsonist and ran after him to the exit? Also if he really wanted to kill everybody, why didn't he try to lock the front door too? If this train otaku thing is correct, he seems crazy enough to die for his cause or whatever.

Because they are fucking girls going up against a fat mad lad