Imagine if all you wanted to do was draw chinese cartoons, and you spent your whole life working towards that...

Imagine if all you wanted to do was draw chinese cartoons, and you spent your whole life working towards that, and finally for all your efforts life rewards you with by killing you in the most painful and scary way possible

Attached: 1442707909555.png (246x246, 90K)

God is such a joker.

we live in a society

Goes to show effort is meaningless in the end.
We all die anyway.

Its weird how people who want to die struggle to do so while these hardworking talented people get their lives taken away just like that

How many of the animators and writers were in the building? Or was it mostly administrative staff

Wow, it's almost like people care about their hobby! The sheer audacity!

The mitochondria is the PowerHouse of the cell.

How about you cry more about 3rd world refugees.

at least they died doing what they loved, drawing animes.

many of us won't be able to say the same

uh, yeah, dude. people tend to care about things that pertain to them. dumbfuck

They died trying to escape user, I doubt someone sat at their desk and drew keyframes until they suffocated from the smoke.

I mean I won't be surprised if someone dieded trying to save their hard work from burning up.

Some of them were trying the save the animes user

Attached: sadremiflag.gif (600x444, 3.99M)

It's... it's almost like people could care about other people... sometimes!

C-Could IT BE POSSIBLE?!!!?????!!!

Amen brother! Mom said our tendies are ready

Global Voices Onlineposted a great translation of a Japanese blog-response to amagazine advice columnanswered by Gundam creatorYoshiyuki Tomino. But I actually found the original column interesting enough to warrant translationin and of itself. Here it is!

Q:

Dear Director Tomino,

I am a second year high school student. The time when I have to decide on which university I want to go to, and what kind of career I want, is rapidly approaching. I know this sounds vague, but I am filled with the desire to make a living by drawing. I can't talk to my parents about this. The last time I told them "I want to draw for a living," they basically told me "there's no career in that. You should go to university and become an OL (office lady) like other people." After hearing this kind of thing I lost interest in discussing it with my parents, but it's a fact I need to start making decisions about my future. Even if I am hazy about what it's going to be. That's why I'm writing you, Director Tomino. How can I decide my future path? I'm willing to take anything you dish out, so I'd really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts.

A:

Now that is a tough question. All I can tell you is the same thing your parents did:you should go to university and become an OL.

If you're a second-year high school student saying you want to be an illustrator, you're old enough to be asked about your qualifications. Seeing drawing as a job you can just somehow land is an amateur's way of looking at things. You need a great deal of actual experience to work in this industry.

Putting it in an easier to understand way with animation as an example, simply loving drawing isn't enough to become an animator. By the second year of high school, an aspiring animator should be drawing "in-between"-quality illustrations every day, without fail. What's more, assuming you're in the art department of your school, you should be constantly applying to art competitions and such.

Attached: joi-tomino-merencanakan-film-dengan-animasi-2D-3.jpg (301x375, 23K)

Pretty based arsonist

Not only do you need to have those qualifications, you need to have the personal drive and physical strength that is demanded of a craftsman. Even if you somehow did manage to make your dream a reality without these things, you wouldn't be able to advance your career past in-betweening. You would find yourself overworked in a sea of others trying hard just to stay afloat. I can't recommend that.

You may have considered going to a specialty school. But I need to tell you that it is virtually impossible to turn that experience into a job. If you're considering being a manga artist and have penned a dojinshi, that's a hobby; it isn't training for work in the industry. "But I could use Comiket as a springboard to turn pro," you might be thinking here. The fact is, that isn't just about how good your illustrations are. It's about having the editorial sense to turn your comic into a proper product. That know-how isn't the sort of thing that can be developed in a classroom or with a test. You're venturing into a very strict world where the only thing that matters is "does it sell or doesn't it." If you want to know more about it, please read Naoki Karasawa'sManga Gokudo("The Extreme Way of Manga"). It is extremely true to life, and shows that even if you do become a manga artist, continuing to make a living at it requires all sorts of effort and sacrifice. Only those who are capable of doing that are capable of making a living by drawing.

If after reading this you find yourself saying "but I still want to do it," that isn't desire. You need to know IN YOUR BONES that you are willing to STRUGGLE to do this, that you're willing to starve before taking another kind of job. Desire alone isn't enough for a job that requires you to have the facility in a wide range of styles to draw hundreds of illustrations of a certain quality within a certain timeframe.

Attached: wt_tomino.gif (220x351, 35K)

Go away Resetera

>watching anime
>liking anime
>even liking the studio if you will
>NOOO DON'T HAVE EMPATHY ABOUT PEOPLE BRINGING YOU JOY
wew lad

As a freelancer there's the fear of never knowing when the next job is coming in, meaning you have to put your all into whatever comes your way, meaning you don't have any real control over what you're working on. You can always take a job at a studio, but only those with the drive and physical strength to do the same thing in the same place over and over again for a decade or more on end can make it there. This is why I'm telling you you're better off going to school and becoming an office lady.

That's all I can tell you, speaking as someone with experience in the matter. If you still feel like you want to pursue a career in art, the important thing is to take the style you plan to work in -- whether it's design,nihonga, oil painting, pen and ink, pencil, whatever -- and practice doing it every single day. Universities will have practical tests, so you will need to push yourself to do at least three drawings a day. When working in pen, you need to get yourself to the level where you can easily crosshatch freehand. This is the level of ability that is already being demanded of you, Miyuri, so there's no time to waste with simple "desire."

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_olliebarder_files_2017_03_yoshiyuki_tomino_cover-1200x675.jpg (960x540, 91K)

Not many admins at all. Animators, directors, character designs, mothers, young ones at that.

Based mods cleaning up the mean trolls, this board is not total shit

Attached: 1550446999257.jpg (474x656, 41K)

Not total shit but still shit. I've been here all day waiting to hear any good news or statement from the studio and holy fuck I hate so many of the people who post on this board. Surrounded by absolutely human scum.

Yea Forums has always had rather sensitive jannies.

You can thank Hirohito and his tranny janny crew for cultivating these people

Attached: 1551130893199.png (1337x1914, 1.31M)

At least you're not from Yea Forums
I'm from Yea Forums and it's fucking awful: /pol/posting, tweeter screencaps, eceleb shit, etc
That's it I'm fucking moving to /m/

There's a time to just drop the Yea Forums mask of cynicism and edginess, and this is it. Anyone who doesn't get that doesn't belong on Yea Forums

Attached: 1562891421903.jpg (760x631, 27K)

And all because that person is a fucking lunatic who's mad at you because he think you stole his magical phrase.

they made their life decisions
you made your bed now sleep in it as they say

Yea Forums is the best board

Why is Remilia so sad?

Oh fuck

Attached: 1455707918460.png (1107x1077, 733K)

>mask
Its not trolling if its your honest, coldsteel opinion. The five minutes of fame too have passed and mods should purge everything related to this already, Let Yea Forums normalize instead of retarded spam from both sides

Attached: 1562338913769.jpg (500x500, 25K)

One of the most important anime studios just had about half of their staff either killed or sent to the hospital, this isn't a "5 minutes of fame" situation.

It's never worked like that, the only time they prune threads is when the happening's a few week old and retards keep making a thread ever other minute.

>this isn't a "5 minutes of fame" situation.
Of course its is. Everything relevant has been gone through and nothing new has come up. Yet catalogs is clogged with shit and sticky is still rolling. This is exactly a 5 minutes of fame situation except its well past midnight.

Which is a shame, sites completely unusable because some tards have a reason to shitpost

Attached: 227040.jpg (550x800, 112K)

How is this shit any different from Monkey Punch dying on April 11th this year? We had a sticky for that.
Except that wasn't fucking MURDER.

Attached: explain.jpg (649x536, 207K)

90% of the threads werent about him back then though. Its not about the sticky, its about lack of self moderation

>lack of self-moderation
Hard when you have so many crossboarders. Also, with something like this, its much bigger than just Monkey Punch anyway. Directors are dead who worked on multiple shit, of course people are gonna make more threads. You act like there's no non-event related threads when there are.

Attached: 66283040_p6.jpg (650x650, 167K)

And imagine you were only making $15k per year out of college working for them. And imagine the company taking all the gofundme money people think is going to the victims and using it to make your business profitable instead.

No way a Japanese boss would let an employee leave their station, even in case of emergency. It's not their culture.

>its much bigger than just Monkey Punch anyway. Directors are dead who worked on multiple shit
Of course it is bigger, monki died after a successful and creative career. However Id argue that if his life was cut short in mid 30s it would be bigger than this.
>You act like there's no non-event related threads when there are.
Only biggest, fattest and fastest threads survive anonon. You have to either be a bait master to have a thread survive, bumb it to hell or have it about popular show. This is niche dying.

Attached: 1553432460976.gif (500x348, 74K)

TL;DR
"I AM A SLAVE STUCK IN A NEVERENDING NIGHTMARE, RUUUUNNN!!!!!"

>an Yea Forumstard?
how the fuck can you moderate a board that you hate FOR FREE

What's your point here? The obscure anime threads and manga threads get archived? Wow, I never knew. This happens when a popular anime airs.
Go look at the catalogue. There's threads not related to the whole fire right now.

Attached: 4a5460b77a67aabf37359b4ed4375ff3995905d7.png (1280x720, 560K)

Attached: 1563434335311.jpg (514x438, 10K)

3/4 are about fire, I counted

>he really is autistic