HxH

What the fuck was Togashi thinking with the Greed Island arc?

Attached: 5DE3B702-D8EA-440B-AC2B-EAC741128D4A.jpg (640x360, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qHL2PSpecI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvmkTp8ahI
youtu.be/pUDUK-yvwQs
youtube.com/watch?v=UawIRXI_k5g
youtube.com/watch?v=poLAAD8MstY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was supposed to be a fun, light-hearted arch between 2 "heavy" arcs

>shit I really fucking love dragon quest and I wish I could make a game, oh well

Greed Island was one of my favorite arcs. I wanted to learn more about Gon's mysterious dad and they never really explored it until then

Unironically the arc that got me into HxH because I stumbled upon the GI OVAs in 2005.

He wasn't thinking.

Togashi wanted vidya game arc, so he did it.

If u went into HxH blind, most ppl would think this shit is a Filler Arc

Dragonquest lmao

>Yorknew was super serious and suspenseful, and I want the next arc to be even darker
>How about a lighthearted training arc inside a video game so I don't fatigue my fans and so Gon and Killua can practice their Hatsu?
There's nothing wrong with Greed Island. It's just the worst "major" arc in the show (Zoldyck Mansion and Election were definitely worse) but it's not bad at all. Plus Gon vs. Genthru is the first time Gon gets to fight a main villain.
Also the dodgeball shit was fucking fun.

He's into games and he wants to come up with a Yu-Gi-Oh ish manga after HxH (yeah I know, but that's what he said), that's Greed Island. Way better in the manga, neither one of the two adaptations did a great job imho

I liked it.

This arc was the bomb lmao
No seriously I liked it because it was mostly a trainings-arc and I prefer this to shitty timeskips where the progression happens off screen and we only see short flashbacks of the training or stuff that happened etc.
I also like the dodge ball tournament like fight.
Also I love Biscuit, she is a muscle waifu and a loli in one person.

>Gon vs. Genthru is the first time Gon gets to fight a main villain.
That's the reason it's my least favorite arc. The conflict and conclusion is way too straightforward, with Gon fighting and beating the main villain. It feels more like One Piece than HxH.

Zoldyck Mansion and Election contain the defining aspects of the series, clever use of subversion and anticlimax. Along with thriller-like progression. GI kind of doesn't. Still a great arc on its own terms though.

Attached: 1540941028031.jpg (858x1200, 196K)

Every other arc ends on an anticlimax though, if any GI is the subversive one.

Togashi is a fucking CHAD, whatever he makes WSJ just have to swallow his cum and they cannot do anything about it

>togashi is into games
>hxh has pretty much no fucking games

wtf is this

two tournaments weren't enough

hunter exam arc might be the laziest writing in shonen history

I really liked it, I‘m manga only though.

Unironically enjoyed it, the dodgeball game and working with hisoka was great.
Razer is one of the most based characters in the show.

Imagine how many arcs we could have had if it wasn't for Togashi's many long length hiatuses...

Attached: 1563305977999.jpg (1297x615, 200K)

So I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed Greed Island over the Chimera Ants arc?

chimera ant arc was too long

Greed Island's only real flaw is that the bomb guy is a complete bore.

>right when he got the rights he decided to coast through life spending all his time playing video games
fucking hurts desu, imagine if Kubo was freed from the shitty WSJ schedule and crappy editors

That's only because the succession arc is kino of the highest order. It requires advanced preparation and organization to deliver correctly.

Best (anime) arcs in order:

Yorknew City
Hunter Exam
Greed Island
Heavens Arena
Chimera Ant
Election
Zoldylk

Hunter exam rank 2 and CA below Heaven's arena
Yeah..no

6 or more months to deliver mere 10 chapters? you have to be joking imao

>It requires advanced preparation and organization to deliver correctly.
he's literally just jerking off and playing games

While it does give him more time to shape the arc with god level writing, a lot of it is just him being lazy.

it only gets worse

Attached: 1561749406039.jpg (1315x584, 194K)

Election is the best arc so far. Yorknew and Chimera Ant are solid mediocrity and you shouldn't rate them higher than that just because of a few standout chapters.

Dodgeball was fun, Bomber was fucking shit though.

>Create a "card game" where cards have effects.
>90% of all cards just help you run away or steal shit.
>That fucking teleportation """battle."""
Gon should punch his dad in the dick for coming up with such a retarded game.

Attached: im fine.jpg (442x650, 85K)

The "videogame world created with nen" setting is fucking ridiculous, but besides that it's cool

>Election is the best arc so far.
Stop. I would have quit watching right there if I didn't know the ending was near. Literally kept falling to sleep at the end of episodes.

Whoever made those cards must be a nen god.

imagine spending that much time on vacation, what a lazy shit

Good: Hunter Exam, Yorknew, CA, Election
OK: Greed Island, Heavens Arena
Bad: Zoldyck (both after the exam and during the elections)

Best (manga/anime) arcs in order:

Chimera Ant
Yorknew City
Succession War
Hunter Exam
Election
Tournament
Greed Island
Zoldyck

greed island was surprisingly kino.

Good taste, I'd switch Heavens and GI though

Yes but those 10 chapters are way better than other manga.

>"I wonder where my next vacation should be"

>that limited card where you need to give up your entire equipment to a bunch of NPCs and then come back later with a super rare item to "actually cure them"
>in a game heavily based on keeping an extra large variety of cards, some ultra limited

No wonder no one beat this game until Gon, Ging is a fucking retard at Game Design.

Attached: 1436248167666.png (524x524, 141K)

Most of times but not always, but even then, 10 chapters aint enough. He needs to release 20 a 30 chaptes a year. I want to see this good arc end and go over to the lands of horror: Dark Continent.

Fuck I want to see Gyro arc before turning 30.

Attached: Gyro 1.png (140x278, 33K)

Alrigt then:

Chimera Ant
Yorknew City
Succession War
Hunter Exam
Election
Greed Island
Tournament
Zoldyck

Did Togashi ever played and finished Super Mario Bros trilogy?

Hello. We are the biggeat jobbers in anime history. Say something nice about us.

Attached: Unnamed_shadow_beasts_2011.png (1280x1480, 1.91M)

>Me on the left.

Attached: I fought, I died.jpg (903x268, 124K)

I never watched the anime, I'm talking about the arc as it was in the manga.

They were the best the mafia could get from all over the world lol. Can we admit that this doesn't make any fucking sense

Also a major plot point of the most recent arc is that nen is a hidden ability that no one but very few elite know about. Except that Chrollo and Hisoka's fight was broadcasted on day time television. A major news outlet even reported it the fight.

Not only that but Chrollo was a floor boss in heavan's arena? Isn't he one of the most notorious criminals of all time?

Attached: Gyro's soldiers.jpg (1042x303, 139K)

i cant. worm's design was decent though.

> Isn't he one of the most notorious criminals of all time?
The leader of the Spiders was unknow and mysterious.

It's no secret, masses are simply not aware of it. And for the majority of those who are aware, it is considered just a type of martial art. WTF they live in a world were talking animals can turn themselves into people, so nen and related shit are not so exceptional. Plus they can see only the effects of the nen like punching a wall into pieces or controlling objects with the force of the mind, so it's not so simple to recognize it as a single discipline.
So why Nen it's not more widespread? Simply put, it is because it's very hard to learn. In our world there are people capable of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=7qHL2PSpecI
but to the best of my knowledge, you'll never seen an entire army composed of shaolin monks, even because a gun is pretty much more dangerous than a kung fu master (often nen too is less dangerous than regular fire guns).
So nen, for them, is just a pseudo magical martial art, certainly very strong, but not so much that establish a new world order completely different from ours.

Yes this is a copypasta, I'm not typing a new reply every time someone posts the same uninformed shit.

Attached: 1557136008705.jpg (535x403, 105K)

isekai without being isekai

Some people know and some don't. Others are keeping nen a secret and some letting others know. Some people care about nen and others don't. Some ignore and some knows but can do nothing about it...

>that nen is a hidden ability that no one but very few elite know about.
you can't be a hunter without knowing nen. all hunters are not "elite". the manga is called hunter x hunter, so of course the manga will revolve around the hunters who know nen. and just because they watch the fight, doesn't mean they'll understand whats actually happening.

So when is Kurapika going to drop dead from overusing his edgy red eye nen

Attached: succession war.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

Was the pendant really that rare, though? I remember Gon getting it pretty early in the Arc.

The percentage of nen users in the general population, let alone actually strong ones, is probably extremely small, remember that there are less than 1000 registered Hunters out of who knows how many dozens of millions. It's not really surprising that your average joe doesn't know how it works.

Greed Island was basically Gon's training camp when he learned nen and became a licensed hunter.

The arc did have the weakest villain though.

Considering that the protagonists of HxH are part of a mafia illuminati that does whatever the fuck it wants and views outsiders as subhuman cattle, it's clear that knowledge of nen is intentionally supressed.

the arc is just a set up for the rest of the series so its very conventional

1. Chimera Ant
2. Yorknew City
3. Heaven's Arena
4. Greed Island
5. Zoldylk
6. Election
7. Hunter Exam

If you saw the Heaven's arena on tv, you would question how Chrollo shapeshifted and summoned all those clones.
Millions of people watched it, there would be questions. Scientifically minded individuals would be curious and start snooping.

>a mafia illuminati
STFU you brainless subhuman

I know right? How can one come-up with such a refreshing idea for a Shonen arc, that manages to be a light and breath-catching point between two dark, character and plot heavy arcs with a more fun and bright story that advances the characters of Gon and Killua, introducing amazing characters like Bisky and Razer, expanding the world while also connecting plot-points such as the Phantom Troupe smoothly.

its not illegal to know about nen. you're acting as if its taboo.

So, let them do. Honestly don't see the problem.
What do you thinks gonna happen now?

The hunters are villain protagonists.

>mafia illuminati that does whatever the fuck it wants
Hey little retard, everybody knows about the hunters and the HA. Anyone can become part of the HA, if they succesfully took the hunter exam and tell other people about it. Besides, why shouldn't they do whatever the fuck they want?

But they aren't, only for powerless jealous little ants like you they are.

My point isn't that it's outlawed, which you're right it's not. My point is that specifically in the most recent arc many characters act like they've never heard of it before at all.

I think it's unrealistic to the point of being jarring. I'm not trying to nitpick here it just doesn't make logical sense, which is a valid criticism.

it does make sense though.

Hello. We are even bigger jobbers than people we hired and we all got off-screened by a gay guy. Say something, anything about us.

Attached: Ten_Dons_1999.png (560x454, 187K)

>more than 2300 mafia soldiers killed
>all the 10 shadow beast are killed
>all the 10 dons are killed
Yorknew mafia BTFO!
Seriously how will the mafia ever recover?

It makes sense that people would be completely unaware of a magical power that's being broadcasted on television?

If a UFC fighter suddenly cloned himself during a match people would ask questions.

living the dream

lol kek
You suffered heavy casualties, millions of worth stolen and all of you killed by an assassin hired by band of thieves from the same garbage city you faggots used to recruit anonymous soldiers, hired guns and assassins.

Kakin mafia all the way!

>If a UFC fighter suddenly cloned himself during a match people would ask questions.
So? Let those mindless sheeps asking those fucking questions and start snooping around. It surely will pay their bills and put food on the table.

Let's just admit nen was an asspull and wasn't integrated into the world as well as other shonen power sets

Pouf did nothing wrong

Youpi did nothing wrong

FTFY

Attached: Selection casualties.jpg (485x400, 63K)

Both Phantom Troupe arc and Chimera Ant arc are great, with the later being the best arc in shounen history.

But HxH as a whole isn't really that great. Hunter exam and Heaven's arena are barely bareable and I really don't think I'd have watched them if not for the promise of the greatness of both the Yorkshin arc and the Chimera Ant arc.

Saying that there was some kind of greatness in the early HxH is just a coping mecanism for Huntercucks unable to bear the fact that the Chimera ant arc was just a spark of genius that Togashi (nor anyone else) will never be able to replicate.

Overall, Yu Yu Hakusho was better.

Attached: 3yop26g79u431.jpg (665x668, 51K)

You have to be kidding

Attached: gittalul.jpg (841x735, 112K)

it was so bad i dropped hxh for 6 years

>Overall, Yu Yu Hakusho was better.
Spotted the YYHfag.
YYH was a boring shitfest and ugly compared to Hunter x Hunter.

the final tournament at the end of the hunter exam was so stupid. just forfeit every fight right away until the last one. then you'll be at full stamina while the person who has suffered the most (physically and psychologically) is you're opponent

But it did have games. They are all just forgettable.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvmkTp8ahI

I have to admit that I'm both a Huntercuck and a YYHfag myself. Although is true that YYH feels like a proto-HxH in many ways, I do think that it has enough positive traits when compared to some of the weakest arcs of HxH that it might very well be considered way more consistent that HxH.

And I really consider chimera ant arc to be the greatest shounen arc ever written. But, Hunter exam, Heaven's arena, Greed's island and Election arc aren't really that good, they are average at best.

Obviously, HxH is Togashi's masterpiece just because it includes CA arc. But (overall), there are series that are way more consistent without being nearly as brilliant (i.e. FMA and SNK).

Hey I love FMA too.

More importantly: What the fuck was Togashi thinking with Chimera Ant arc? Is this even legal to produce such kino?

Attached: ZeroHand.jpg (2240x1260, 924K)

No, it’s not. Such kino may only be produced in heaven, for chosen’s eyes only.

Whatever it was I hope we get that Togashi back. HxH has been a drag ever since Chimera arc.

People were getting tortured killed and eaten you know

BOMBAAA

I think his back pain was the catalyst. Being bedridden, alone with his thoughts, allows him to access his more introspective and creative side. It pushed him to be an even better writer

I think creating a family did it. Especially with all that mommy symbolism in Chimera Ant.

Someone should go to Japan and tell him to get back to work.

What if he made a deal with the devil to live until he completes HxH, but is stalling for immortality?

He likes to play dragon quest so why not make a fun isekai arc? It might just be nostalgia but I loved it, expecially the card shit they pulled.

That's also true. Given that the first was a miscarriage, I think all of it played a factor.

Tulpas.

>Gon
>doing anything after losing MC status

Sell games.

6/10 will be nothing happened the chapther tho

Retard taste right here. Anyone who doesn't put CA in the 1st place has shitty taste, like that arc is THE ONLY REASON why all the intellectual, muh snobbish elitist fans of HxH exists.

There's no point of comparison with any other arc, HxH without CA isn't even top 10 anime material but CA on it's own is top 5 at the very least.

Succession war is far above CA intellectually, but until it's complete and possibly animated in 20 years time then we can give a full comparison, and opinions on arcs will hold real value.
Very clear where it's going tho, SW is Togashi's real masterpiece.

Attached: 1558607739439.jpg (187x187, 18K)

No it isn't. There's no manga that will ever produce something of the same quality as CA. Togashi won't that's obvious.

And SW is the arc with the worst writing in HxH so far, includinf Hisoka resurrection, the spiders, the mafia, all that Yorknew rehash that makes it unbelievable and unrealistic.

Kurapika appears again and now suddenly the spiders are also in that boat? That's fucking Naruto right there. The arc is so complex that Togashi is obviously going to fail at wraping it up.

And even if the arc isn't a complete and predictable mess, it still could never be able to compare to CA. CA is Shakespeare, is Melville.

Honestly Togashi what a disgusting hack, he should have ended HxH at Silence if he knew he was never going to end the manga. If HxH had an ending right there, it would have go down in history as being on the same level as 20th Century Boys.

Too bad is only going to decline further, because really, after CA where can you go but down? Look at what happened to Berserk after Golden Age, that's going to happen to HxH as well. Oh well at least fucking Gon and Killua will never appear again in the series, that's something good.

No user you don't understand what you're saying. It's the most complex for sure, but it's nowhere near as deep or important as CA.

It's potentially the most generic too, imagine if Kurapika fights the spiders, that's Naruro level of writing. I'm very disappointed in Togashi's writing because i expected more but even so i at least expect Kurapika will inevitably die and he will never even find out the spiders were there. Otherwise it's just a shounen cliches and all shounen cliches are the worst kind of writing, it wouldn't be subversive or deconstructionist.

That arc will never be animated, it's going to be the last finishec arc of HxH for sure but there's never going to be any more HxH anime that's for sure.

The manga won't end but even if it had an ending i doubt it would've received an adaptation.

Whatever he was thinking, he should think more often because Greed Island was one of the best arcs

>Togashi produced the greatest arc in all manga
>What a disgusting hack
Also
>This arc is waay to complex
>Predictable mess
Bonus :
>Hisoka resurrection
So it's safe to say not only are you delusional and like to contradict yourself every 2 sentences but you are also a speed reader.
Reread the manga.

Attached: 1558830140228.jpg (1550x1280, 1.21M)

Kurapika has already given up on avenging the Kurta by killing the spiders and also isn't even close to making contact with them, yet we're already acting like they are going to meet and possibly fight.
Imagine judging a manga known for anticlimactic endings to arcs and massive subvertions to expectations for something it hasn't even done yet.. kek

How are they mutually exclusive? Being a disgustin hack (which everyone knows he is, fact) and being a good writer?

Hisoka's resurrection has become such a meme and an example of bad wriring that it would make Bleach fluster.

What is that graph suppose to prove again? That Togashi promised someone was going to die but he chickened at the very end like all those shonen writing faggots like Oda, Kubo, Kishimoto and Toriyama who never kill characters? HxH lost prestige and credibility when Togashi didn't kill Hisoka. It doesn't matter if it was an asspull or not, it was a cop-out and the worst writing ever in HxH. He better kills Kurapika soon enough.

Because the story is hinting at that and we know Togashi is capable too of the worst writing cliches imaginable (Hisoka resurrection).

Even so, bad writing aside, and despite all my reservations i STILL DON'T believe Togashi would stoop to that level, cause as you said, Kurapika vs Spiders would sink HxH to the level of Naruto, of Bleach. It would be too much, like it would shit on Yorknew just like the last seasons of GoT shat all over the first ones.

I unironically loved GI. One of the few shounen “training” arcs that was enjoyable to me.

How can it be a cop-out if he never intended to Kill Hisoka in the first place and only wanted to give him a reason to hunt the spiders down, like what would you have to do to Hisoka to make him hunt your entire group down ? He has no family or people he cares about, you can only hurt him personally and insult his pride, not even beating him almost to death would do it, Chrollo achieved that by using hide and attack tactics and pretty much fucking with Hisoka the whole time in an almost unfair battle.
And only speedreaders and trolls would actually call Hisoka's resurection bad writing, again, read the manga.
There are several other exemples of bad writing in HxH, O MY RUBBER NEN is not one of them.

Attached: 1489784040775.png (756x527, 190K)

You need to stop being a fanboy. People criticize that bullshit because that's what happens in DB and OP where characters can die any moment except they actually didn't die or are revived.

That's what's so bad, one of the two needed to die and that's a fact. They are irrelevant characters that don't bring anything relevant enough to the story for this shit writing to get a free pass.

Only shounen fans would have expected both to survive because that's the cliche that happens all the time in shounen. Od course we expect one or both to die, this was supposed a well written subversive deconstruction, with real stakes and consequences. What main character stories? Jezz Hisoka has nothing to do with Gon, a character that doesn't even exists in the story anymore and will never come back, and Chrollo even less. He's a two dimensional character with no personality, the most forgettable villain sans Genthru.

>revenge stories are bad writing
You guys are fucking hilarious.

Shit taste confirmed.

Nothing other than Genthru was shit about GI, the chill training arc with more expansions to Nen, moving PT towards Chrollo's exorcism, dodgeball vs Razor, etc
People only hate on GI because it's sandwiched between YN and CA, the arc was very much needed and served a clear purpose.

>Kurapika has already given up on avenging the Kurta by killing the spiders
He never specifically said that he was done with the spiders, they just aren’t his focus at the moment. His main priority right now is getting the eyes back. He’s obviously going to face them again in some way, it’s been built up for too long for it to just not happen
>BUT MUH SUBVERSIONS
Anticlimactic endings to arcs is not at all the same thing as purposely building up to something in your narrative and then ignoring it. The former is fine depending on how you do it, the latter is bad writing.

That’s like saying that we shouldn’t have expected Gon to meet his dad or Hisoka to fight Chrollo because it would have been what we all expected. We DID all expect both of those things and oh look, they actually happened.

>and will never come back
It’s amazing how you guys are so sure of what will happen in HxH’s future. I’m positive that when things don’t go the way you want them to, you’ll have a tantrum and go into every single HxH thread on Yea Forums screeching about how Togashi is such a hack.

Keeping a character alive in order to give him a new purpose in the story is shit writing before we can even see how he executes his new purpose.
>B-But it's a deathmatch, one of them was suppose to die
Might aswell go up to Togashi and tell him how he should write his own story now.

This is like a satire of both the fanboys that suck Togashi’s dick and the assblasted faggots that act like HxH personally killed their dog, both rolled into one post.

Oh yeah he definetely spent the whole show building up to Hisoka dying in a deathmatch vs Chrollo right ?
He only built up to the fight, killing Hisoka off would serve literally no purpose in the story.
I bet if Hisoka died you'd be the same person screaming about how Hisoka's character arc is unfinished and killing him off makes no sense and is therefore shit writing, actually cba with some of the hypocrite brainlets on this board.

Fount the Narutard, you must have loved Sasuke Uchiha.

what the fuck was even the point of Killua's dad and grandpa trying to kill Chrollo when they knew Illumi was attacking the mafia dons? Why would assassins as experienced as the Zoldycks take 2 contradictory jobs and execute them at the exact same time, ensuring they wouldn't get paid unless exactly one attempt succeeded?

What does that even mean? I'm with this other user and these nonsensical replies aren't helping.

It wasn't needed and it didn't serve jackshit. That arc was just self-indulgence because Togashi is a geek, the Dodgeball it's the only good thing about it, it's a fucking training arc, Naruto or Dragon Ball have arcs like those.

The first half is the worst part of HxH, nothing but uninteresting characters and training retarded shit. Razor was the only good character in the entire arc.

Togashi tried as much variety in arcs as he could in one manga, safe to say not all of them are equally good, but i can respect GI's standing as the chill relaxed arc after the heavy events of Yorknew and before the dark tone of CA, Genthru was unneeded but the rest of it was okay.

Didn't Togashi say in an interview that the entirety of HxH is his self indulgence, writing for himself rather than for the readers, especially after Gon met his father.

No, HxH is only famous as being good for its subversions and deconstructionist elements.

Kurapika vs Spiders already happened and that conflict was already finished in Yorknew. Yorknew was only great because it subverted expectations, it build up to Kurapika facing/destroying the spiders only for it to never happen.

Anything else than Yorknew being the end of that conflict would be predictable Naruto writing. Togashi might fail with this arc, i believe he's already guaranteed to fail but even the worst case scenario for HxH doesn't include Kurapika even learning the spiders were ever on that boat. He should die soon enough too.

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

Pitoubro is back

Attached: 1558606808306.jpg (272x153, 17K)

I'm always here

Attached: 1535131863230.png (463x396, 117K)

Gon would have PROBABLY never come back as a relevant character in the story anyway BUT HE WILL NEVER APPEAR AGAIN IN THE STORY because he could've only appear in the series after the DC arc and that arc will never end. Togashi is going to drop the series on that arc sometime in the next 12-13 years.

What new purpose? He's been trying to kill Chrollo since forever. Hisoka has clearly become an eyesore at this point too.

Maybe Togashi needs to man up and not come up with stupid contrived bullshit. Like Hisoka sparing Machi which is obviously incoherent with his character and thus BAD WRITING so much that even Togashi admitted Hisoka wanted to kill Machi there but he vetoed.

>Ignoring the fated Gon-Gyro meeting that was promised by the narrator.
So your only point as to why Gon will never comeback is because Togashi is going to drop the series before it happens.
(pic related) me leaving this retarded thread

Attached: JriilGJ.png (545x308, 67K)

It's called an informed and objective opinion user.

Why the fuck do the spiders have to die while togashi allowed those pieces of shit bombers to stay alive at the end of greed island?

If he faced Chrollo and could not defeat him he needs to die plain and simple. Death is the natural outcome of such a scenario for the loser party, Hisoka serves no purpose to the story regardless, he's a character without any depth. He wasn't in CA and he wasn't missed at all.

Characters need to die, at least in good stories.

Yes, obviously. HxH is nothing but an excercise in self-indulgence, Shueisha can't control him.

For better and for worse too, this approach has it's perks and downsides, it goes both ways. G.I. is the downside.

Yes, and also that doesn't mean they'll meet again because they never meet in the firsr place. It's ambiguous.

>CA dick sucking
>SW bashing
>both calls Togashi a hack and compares him to Shakespeare
>reddit spacing
>shit spelling
And finally:
>That's fucking Naruto right there.
This is bait done right, not gonna fool anyone but it got a good laugh out of me.

Attached: BLISS.png (711x701, 517K)

I want to have my first kiss with Pitou!

That's some low wan piss bait but still that's all you people can come up with.

Also you do know the only reasom HxH has received rave critical acclaim is due to CA right? All people ever talk about, ever discuss, all the hundreds of essays and articles that have been written praising HxH revolve around that arc... you do know that right? Like without CA HxH is good for a WSJ manga but hardly top 10 material. You do know that right?

user SW bashing isn't rare or anything, a lot of people have been criticizing this arc for a while now.

The retard shonen fags because they can't read so they get filter immediately since they had never read HxH before this arc.

The intellectual chads criticize it for it's awful shonen cliche of Hisoka's resurrection, and the ridiculous, contrived and unbelievable inclusion of the spiders, the mafia and how the lower decks is Yorknew 2.0. Making the arc the most unrealistic and unbelievable arc in the series. This arc isn't deconstructionist and it's not subversive due to these failings on Togashi's part. He has made this arc so bloated simply because he wanted to break that record Captain Tsubasa holds for most named characters in an arc. Self-indulgence plain and simple, and it's hard to believe Togashi's going to have what it takes to pull it off.

And then the retards who just praise Togashi's own droppings are well... sad.

Hisoka wasn't in the CA arc despite being in every other arc in the story because he would've killed Meruem by himself

Attached: HxH-HisokaDance.gif (280x210, 143K)

It is known.

What a CHAD! Imagine giving PTSD to someone like (you) just thanks to the fact that he doesn't draw a chapter every week. What a CHAD!

So you like it because everyone else likes it? That's just great bro.
>user SW bashing isn't rare or anything
When was that implied? Listen samefag, drop it, this getting embarrassing.

Attached: 1502135201292.png (1773x1004, 263K)

>They were the best the mafia could get from all over the world lol
The mafia got the best people from each of their respective families. That doesn't mean they got the best nen users ever. And people like Owl were more valuable as a transporter than a combatant.
>Except that Chrollo and Hisoka's fight was broadcasted on day time television.
No, the actual floor master fight is an exclusive event for the arena, we already know that you can get a recording of the match but the rest would be broadcast on CCTV.

The news reporter makes sense since the arena is the tallest manmade structure in the human world and located in the middle of a city. Of course an explosion that's visible from the outside is news worthy, but it's important to note the news anchor makes no mention of the body doubles and method of attack which points towards the general population having no awareness of what happened.

I absolutely loved Greed Island though, I think I am one of the few people who prefer it over Yorknew. Yorknew felt a little bloated to me because there you had several POVs while gon and Killua were scamming people for money until they started bounty hunting. They were really supporting characters in Kurapika's story, which is not a flaw by any means. They are both great arcs, but straightforward nature of Greed Island really made it a joy to read through even when things weren't as suspenseful or as, I guess, complex as other major arcs. It also got carried entirely by charm of main characters, I have no problems with weak villains when main characters are just that interesting, Gon, Killua, Biscy, I couldn't get enough of them. And then you have them teaming up with Hisoka. It's just all around fun and great character dynamics.

>One Piece
> July 22, 1997 – present
>93 Volumes
>Hunter x Hunter
>March 16, 1998 – present
>36 Volumes
By this point One Piece was closing off Skypiea, interesting stuff. I wonder what hell would be happening in HxH around Volume 90.
Greed Island is the best, you have good taste.

Attached: tohackisubmitstogoda.gif (400x300, 83K)

HxH won't ever reach not even 50 volumes.

It feels like people who watched anime instead of reading manga tend to dislike (or like it less?) Greed Island

No idiot, I'm saying CA is objectively the greatest peak in the history of manga and it's impossible to surpass. Togashi obviously can't ever write something anywhere near as good, this arc isn't even going to be as good as Yorknew.

% of all cards just help you run away or steal shit.
We have the full card list and only a handful are about transportation. The reason they are used a lot however is because when people start coming to steal your cards and/or kill you, being able to instantly leave the area with your crew in tow is far more useful.

There are other cards that could potentially have been useful fighting Genthru and his group, but the story just makes a few of them practical for PvP purposes. I can't imagine having a rock that will make you pregnant if you hold it long enough would have done good saving your life from bomberman.

That's some bad taste right there. Gon, Killua and Biscuit are awful, cheesy and unwatchable. Gon is a stupid geneirc mc and Bisky is a gimmick. They made the first half of G.I. bad, HxH strength is in their side characters driving the story forward, not the uninteresting main character.

>read succession war arc twice and still don't understand Tserriednich's nen ability
who brainlet here?

Attached: bb8c01f4ab75516f08349914e7f8f1b2.png (1366x768, 585K)

I still don't understand how to pronounce his name

Where can I read the Viz scans?

The usual place

It kinda reminds me of king crimson.
It's best not to think about complicated time abilities to much, they rarely make sense.

>Weird monster thing looks into the future
>projects this vision to Tser when he's in zetsu
>he gets 10 seconds for basically no time passed in the real world
>after that he sees the world 10 seconds in the future but can move his body
>everyone else sees the world as it would be if Tser doesn't do anything different
>tser can change his own fate by moving around
That's how it works.

Blatant training arc

Oh, thanks user, how could I forget.

Attached: wingu4.png (222x421, 54K)

but they know him. kortopi made a clon and the mafia found him? nobody recognize him?

What's the difference between the manga and the anime?

well user, it just fucking works

yorknew city is NEW YORK backwards

Well, the anime always knew it had 147 episodes to cover manga from start to CA, so various things were omitted to streamline it. Also TVs have harsher censorship regulations, so some things were changed or removed throughout.

Attached: NHti3gM_d.jpg (640x961, 42K)

Every arc is good except for Succession

I liked the idea on paper for its Duelist Kingdom Yugioh vibe, and Bisky is a miracle of the universe that enhances every second of screentime she happens to appear in, but yeah, Greed Island had issues.

Without even pointing fingers at the lame as fuck antagonist and overall bomber plotline, it just plain felt like more could've been done here. There should've been more 'bosses' like Razor that the kids need to beat like Pokemon gym leaders for exclusive powerful cards. Also, I get that Ging is a loner weirdo with only so many friends, so he could only set up so many 'NPC's' for his game, but this arc really could've used more fun and creativity with the environmental layout and side character usage. Like, it would've been really neat if there was a little RPG town where the kids can trade more common cards from common monsters for meals and items to help them tackle harder monsters with specific weaknesses. As a random example, something like enchanted salt for countering giant slugs. I'unno. It just feels like they could've had more fun with that sort of thing, and that there should've been more fun fantasy RPG towns and stereotypical game environments like an ice zone and a lava area.

Chrollo cheated because he knew he would've lost in a real 1 on 1 fight against Hisoka

>The Wonder Swan looked like that in 2000
As much respect as I have for Gopai, sometimes he was too OLD GOOD GRAPHICS BAD for his own good
>They made a Greed Island game
This should of been great but it looks like Pokemon SwSh
Why is every HxH media that's not the manga and 2011 so forgettable?

That J-Stars Victory VS looks like it could be stupid fun

Kubo sucks. But who knows, maybe he'd be better without those restrictions much like Togashi turned out to be.

>Fun
>Introduce Bisky
>Ja Jan Ken
>Protagonists gain power necessary for Chimera ant to seem like a threat
>Set up for Hisoka vs. Chrollo
>Cool stuff (Dodgeball, the bomber, nen exorcism, the cards, etc.)
>Introduce new information about nen
>Pacing (Phantom Troupe into CA would be terrible)
Overall, the arc has a very good premise that could have been utilized a bit more. Very important to the overall story.

It'd be a hard series to turn into a game, considering that the style of combat essentially changes entirely each arc

>G.I. is the downside.
I'd say the current arc is more of the downside. Greed Island is great.
It's pretty obvious that Hisoka's death and revival were just a set-up for his serial killer war against the entire troupe. A better set-up would've been nice, but it's obviously purposeful.

Greed Island is best in the manga, where it fully indulges all the autistic rules. 99 had lost any remaining shreds of decency it had by then, and 11 just wanted breeze through it to get to the ants.

SW is going to be his best arc at its current pace. It's just starting and already had more emotional highs than CA's beginning IMO. Most of CA's came from shocker deaths, the foremost being Kite, which while good is kind of sullied by him actually not dying. Togashi has always been really good with paneling and composition since he's been at it for so long, but he's on fire with this latest arc. This was also present in CA, but it's at a peak of quality when he feels like it now. Morena's introduction is so well done that it's set into motion motivation that hasn't even been addressed in words but is now clearly evident if you care enough to look.

That said, I also have a soft spot for elements where a bunch of parties are overthinking something and you can piece together how each person is coming at a topic and how that will progress. Even if some people say they dislike this aspect it tends to enhance the story; a lot of what made Vergei's punchline so funny is that he was getting built up as a major obstacle that might end up putting Hanzo in front of a firing squad.

Attached: 14.jpg (784x1145, 283K)

I think they tried justifying that mafia imbalance when the Kakin mafia worries about the Phantom Troupe and imply that a lot of nen using families try keeping it secret.

In a world of magical creatures and the such, people probably understand the idea of some people that have special gifts, but the actual power system that exists could continue to elude them. All non-nen wielding characters and presumably the reader would just take it at face value that Hisoka is magician from the beginning, for example. Nen remaining as mysterious as it does comes off as somewhat unbelievable now in the society of 2020, though.

He's retarded, election arc is great in the anime

We know, you don't need to keep telling us

Stop spamming this. If Hisoka was in the CA he would of sensed Pitou or Meruem's en and gotten a boner so big he'd die from all the blood rushing to his platinum bollocks and died from lack of oxygen to his brain

Farewell user...

What a CHAD! Imagine having an army of blind loyal hiatuscucks slaves like you.
You fags waiting more than 6 months for a couple chapters before he repeats the cycle, top chad indeed.

Did you know they actually jacked up the price of Shounen Jump only during the Chimera Ant arc because they truly believed it alone improved the quality so much that it was warranted?

Just call him Euron Bateman.

….

Attached: ....jpg (708x750, 78K)

The Zoldykes take up jobs independently of one another.

It means that people will ask but inevitably give up when they realize there is nothing to gain from it.

Why do retards call the lower decks of SW Yorknew 2.0? Is it because of the mafia and the spiders?

Only this time they are working together (with one of the three families) to achieve different goals and the circumstances are different. Right now the Phantom Troupe are looking for Hisoka while the mafia are looking for a killer from the rival familie while all of them trying to avoid a war.

I think retards call it Yorknew 2.0 because muh mafia and muh spiders appearing at the same time. In Yorknew, they fought against the mafia while in this arc they work together and trying to avoid a war while looking for Hisoka.

Kek sorry for you if you shitty favorite series isn't worth the waiting.

What if Kurapika never fights Chrollo but only some of the Spiders like Nobu, but it won't matter because some of them will die and Chrollo and the others will never know about Kurapika's presence and deeds because their busy with Hisoka and the upcoming bloodbath?

HxH und HxH threads will never be the same ever again.

Attached: cold kurapika.jpg (870x740, 98K)

This thread is created by an iPhone user, kek.

Same for the hunter exam unless you've watched the old anime

Attached: NGL Dark Side wiped out.jpg (956x900, 249K)

Awful taste.

Nu-Yea Forums

It is known.

Hisoka will die of old age.

A constant criticism I see of hxh is "the greed island villian was boring" "hunter x hunter is great but Genthru was a shit man". I've seen this over and over and I'm here to explain to you why Genthru being a generic boring fucko is crucial to the tone of the series and to Gon's development.

the entire fight with Gon is one of our first insights into the fact that Gon isn't just brave, he's reckless at the expense of the mission and his own life. Genthru being frightened of his insane tactics was important. If he were a cool villain with his own crazy twists and powers, he wouldn't have been scared, and we wouldn't have been frightened by Gon's capacity either.

Gon's dark colors are only visible to us in contrast to Genthru's basicness. This fight is the moment we realize that something isn't quite right with Gon, confirming the nagging suspicion that's been hinted at since the very beginning. It's unsettling, and we as the audience are burdened with the knowledge that Gon didn't just risk his life and the mission; he spit in the face of everything Bisky and Killua had done to help him reach his goal for no reason other than to test his ability and because he couldn't even bear to PRETEND to be weak for the sake of the mission. Killua doesn't know what he did. Bisky doesn't know what he did. If they had seen this display, they most definitely would not have allowed him to go to the palace. Killua would have felt the disillusion he eventually felt when he saw Gon threaten Komugi. We alone are privy to the full extent his twisted nature, and with this knowledge in the back of our minds we enter into the CA arc, where as we all know, the ticking time bomb that is Gon Freecss eventually explodes.

Not only is this fight important to Gon's development, it's a commentary on the tone of the series as a whole. im tired but basically: hxh is not a deconstruction but it shows shonen tropes in a realistic light (aka subversions galore). the way gon acts in this fight isn't just typical shonen protag behavior (stops at nothing, can't stand being called weak, pushes himself to the limit); it's disturbing. but we wouldn't be disturbed if we didn't have context for how the hxh universe operates. Genthru is the context. He shows us that no, this isn't just run of the mill protag shenanigans; it's fucked up. in the hxh world, this isn't normal. Genthru may have murdered hundreds of people, but he had a goal and a plan. he wasn't just doing it just to be a villain. It shows us that Gon, and Hunters, are far from the norm. We are made to constantly question the integrity and validity of the Hunter Organization and those within it. this isn't the fairy tail guild, y'all. this is fucked up people doing fucked up things. It's showing us that in this universe, shonen insanity is just that: insanity.

Also, you could even consider Genthru a twist on the typical "what.. is this impossible power!!" anime villain trope. He wasn't shocked by Gon's abilities or power; he was disturbed by his tactics. He wasn't saying "look at this impossible power and skill!", he was saying "holy shit, this kid is fucked up and I need to get the hell out of here": a very realistic reaction in the face of shonen ridiculousness.

So, TL;DR: Genthru is a boring canvas that serves as the backdrop for a beautiful painting; u wouldn't hang it up in your house on it's own but it's integral to the finished artwork.

I wouldn't really call all the hunters fucked up people.

Greed Island is my favorite HxH arc fight me. Hot take: the real villain of this arc is Ging and the game of Greed Island itself. The jobbing bomber is just some random griefer.

I love how all the 5 main characters + Illumi are pro hunters now.

I'm 35 eps in, I just started watching last week since both One Punch Man and Jojo ended and my craving for more shounen wasn't sated and I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of other people just started watching HxH for the same exact reason. I've been seeing a lot of HxH threads popping up of it on Yea Forums.

I'm watching it, it's holding my interest enough to keep watching it, but it doesn't have the intrigue or charm of Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho, which I feel are the most similar to HxH. "Little boy has monstrous strength, endurance, and determination for unknown reasons and learns spiritual powers to become into even more powerful" Also, the fights really aren't that interesting. They are trying to pull a Naruto, and maybe Hunter X Hunter predates Naruto, but even Naruto does the whole "I can use chakra/nen to do batshit crazy ninja moves" better.

Killua and Kurapika are both so fucking cute though, oh my god. I want to have a threesome with them so goddamn badly. That is all, I'm going to avoid this thread to dodge spoilers.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hunter x Hunter - 12 [480p].mkv_snapshot_06.23_[2019.07.15_22.39.31].jpg (848x480, 50K)

It makes sense when you realize that master nen users would likely rather die than be the mafia's lap dogs.

I do still think the discrepancy in power is huge, but also take into consideration that it's the mafia we're talking about. As another poster said, they came from within the mafia families anyway since mafia is all about trust and loyalty, and it's unlikely for them to just invite a total stranger to be a part of the family due to their sheer power.

>I've been seeing a lot of HxH threads popping up of it on Yea Forums
That's because the dub only ended like 2 weeks ago
Also what are you doing in a HxH thread when you're not even a quarter way through. get out, spoilers

I honestly blame Dragonball Z for this shit. Resurrection isn't a bad thing in of itself. Literally the next chapter he resurrected. It's even clear that before the explosion happened that he had something to make sure he doesn't die for real. You're right that it's not a cop out, because the signs were ALL clear that he was going to survive.

Yet people still say it's "bad writing". As if. Look, resurrections are handled horribly throughout fiction. Most of the time, resurrections happen because the writers wanted to shock readers for a good bit with a character's death, then down the line just resurrect the character back to normal. Most perfect example of this is Naruto with the resurrection of Konoha and the Return of Superman after the Death of Superman story. In HxH, Hisoka's resurrection was used as a setup for him to hunt the spiders, that's what makes it decent and not a bad use of resurrection.

>I honestly blame Dragonball Z for this shit. Resurrection isn't a bad thing in of itself.
Ressurrecting people that were dead was a bad and criitized trope well before and after DBZ, user.
Also your explanation is really retarded. "The signs where all there!" this is not why people dislike that trope, it has nothing todo with "that doesnt make sense!".

>I've been seeing a lot of HxH threads popping up of it on Yea Forums.
Huh, oh really?

Attached: 1462924525356.jpg (1488x2096, 399K)

>That's because the dub only ended like 2 weeks ago
No, that's because ''hunterchads'' have nothing to discuss about while their threads are dying earlier, so they go other threads and boards and bring their bullshit with them. Truly hiatus is having its toll on the hated arrogant fanbase.

being superior is a curse...

>being superior is a curse...
See

Attached: 0337-018.png.jpg (1066x1600, 242K)

...and attracts envy...

Seething toddler.

O MY RUBBER NEN

M
Y

R
U
B
B
E
R

N
E
N

Attached: nen gum....jpg (681x409, 175K)

Coping huntertard.

Why is HxH the greatest? It's just not fair.

Attached: O MY RUBBER NEN.png (848x459, 200K)

youtu.be/pUDUK-yvwQs
The collective power of HunterCHADS (and autism).

Naruto is more popular, well-received and successful than Hunter x Hunter because it had much more and much better characters.

This is a fact.

>use gum
>pull of ressurictin like mcguyver from a clichee 60S show
>"its not bad brooos!"
man i like HxH but fanbois chill the fuck out

youtube.com/watch?v=UawIRXI_k5g
so if insert a steel blade iin my hearth, can i call upon steel nen hunter chads? Its so smart !

>ad populum
2 digit IQ plebeian.

Attached: 1480861425650.png (250x295, 19K)

Hisoka literally just used CPR on himself by making bungee gum contract and expand, something we've seen him dp a several times before. If you think that's McGuyver tier you probably haven't graduated high school.

answer the question, hunterchad>

Naruto & Buruto!!

Underrated posts

I'd also like to add that had a nice parallel with Gon in that his crew was having fun exploring Greed Island in their own way. It's just that Gon was the kid who enjoys the game casually while Genthru's team were bug hunter types who like to break the game.

Gon saving Genthru was also a parallel to Ging saving Razor. If Genthru were to become an ally in the Meteor City arc, I believe it would make sense due to that and the hints behind his hatsu.

Attached: 1536542497718.png (1366x3309, 2M)

Any conjurer can create steel. How about you read the series?

Isn't the implication in the name "meteor city" that it's the crash site of a meteor?

The guy spamming this anti-SW faggotry got BTFO in the last thread, he's really asshurt about it. Here's the reply threads of him getting destroyed for those who want to read it

Attached: 1538000595960.png (1404x1360, 532K)

to much Dragon quest

Man this arc is boring

All of that shit happend in my thread, damn.
Fuck that anti-SW faggot ruining my thread with his raging autism and faggotry.

Attached: Euron Tserriednich.jpg (602x602, 150K)

>conjure steel
that was not question, hunterchad....

Also I had to report and hide a lot of those fucking snkcancer posts. I got a feeling this faggot is a snktard.

Attached: Tserriednich.png (323x320, 34K)

The current arc is so damn good

>can i call upon steel nen hunter chads? Its so smart !
You're pretty dumb if you think just shoving steel into your heart will save your life. Hisoka specifically performed CPR on his body which was thankfully not completely damaged by the explosions since the initial bodies were able to shield him from the worst of the blasts.

If you're going to use nen to resurrect or Reanimate it still needs to have a form/function that can facilitate that and the necessary logic to justify it. Pitou re-animated because they had a specific ability related to puppetry. If Kurapika died maybe his heal chain could fix his broken bones, but bringing himself alive is a different question entirely and certainly Judgement chain couldn't be used to do the exact same stunt that Hisoka could. More likely Kurapika's post-mortem nen if activated would just cause any chains currently active in others to warp and just kill the target.

he was high AF, that's the worse arc in the whole series

Indeed.

Attached: 1562957595250.jpg (6239x4089, 3.95M)

2005 is the perfect schedule. He had figured out the perfect life work balance and yet he has thrown it all away the next year.

The theory had a good start but became more and more retarded and full of flawns.

Togashi should unironicly write a visual novel
Like i dont even mean it in a bad way, i would read it, seems perfect for it

Togashi could write damn near anything well. The number of genres and styles he's explored in his work depict how insane his range as a writer is. YYH goes from a case-of-the-week detective series with a supernatural kick to a Dragon Ball -style battle manga to a psychological thriller with JoJo -inspired powers to a dark fantasy isekai, or HxH that goes from a life-or-death exam to a crime thriller to an MMORPG to the rise and fall of an entire civilization with meditations on the nature of humanity and a doomed romance in it, to a riff on elections to the current locked-room mystery information warfare thriller extravaganza. Togashi never writes the same arc twice and thus every arc stands on its own as a work of art.

Attached: The Succession War.png (788x803, 567K)

>(and autism)
>Said by someone who compulsively posts always the same shit
Oh if only your little brain could help you to understand the irony of the situation.

>imagiines a chuunii multiple route mystery 90 hour Visual Novel from togashi
now i want it

Greed island is just a cheap plotline to get gon and kirua involved in the yorknew city arc, nothing more.

So who are the other game masters of GI?

That's some dumb shit user, Greed Island happens after Yorkshin and its purpose was clearly to get closer to Ging

>6/10 will be nothing happened the chapther tho
In the last 10 chapters we had:
-The death of 2 princes;
-The king is revealed to be a masterCHAD;
-Halkenbro has the definitive power to win the war;
-Tetha has a special love/hate relationship with his prince, who is a Nen genius with a brilliant ability;
-Camilla has kamikaze guards;
-Mafia war is rapidly reaching a climax.
If you find my list boring, you should immediately stop reading HxH. Sorry.

And why do Gon and kirua go to yorknew city ?

Fucking speadreader who want to be spoonfed. Go back to read the manga.

>t.retard

>compulsively posts always the same shit
The same can be said of you bunch of brainless huntertards and hiatusdogs.

t. brainlet

>The same can be said of you
>implicitly accepting to be an autist
fucking kek

Because of Kurapika, they decided to go there and meet up with him before even learning about Greed Island. Speedreading retard.

Togashi the absolute madman

YYH doesn't really have that much variety due to how long the series gets consumed with typical 1 on 1 battles. Togashi liked Saint Seiya, and you can tell.

The closest thing to a good HxH game are the old DS Jump Super/Ultimate Stars games.

Unfortunately it was pretty shit. A far cry from how fun the DS games were.

Togashi isn't a slave to Jump editors and wouldn't stretch out his story that much. I think around the end of CA and beginning of Election he said he only had 5 more arcs, and we can see what most of those will be
>Election (if he was referring to it as one of the five)
>Succession War
>Dark Continent
>Gyro and Gon
>Potentially an arc revolving solely around Ging and Pariston
And don't kid yourself, Skypiea was not 'interesting stuff', it's what made me drop One Piece.

First of all, Zoldylk isn't an arc, it's 5 chapters long. It is just an extension of Hunter Exams to lead in to Heaven's Arena. As such, I will count it as part of Hunter Exams.
Yorkshin
Hunter Exams
Chimaera Ant
Election
Greed Island

99 (with OVAs) > 2011

>Hisoka ______ __ ___ CA arc _______ _____ __ _____ _____ ___ __ ___ _____ because __ ________ ______ Meruem __ _______

Attached: 1499745788040.jpg (311x445, 72K)

>rubber and cum
Miss me with that gay shit

Attached: 1464875625526.jpg (200x203, 14K)

“I’m starting to think we might not be able to complete this mission, without sacrificing someone in the process”

Attached: netero.png (1334x750, 2.63M)

One of my favorite moments.

So it’s true that we will receive no chapters this summer and no more than 10 chapters right?

Based Netero

Pathetic seething retards. I keep exposing you with facts and argunents.

The fact remains of the writing issues of this arc, and anyone who believes that CA can be surpassed, even worst by this fucking arc is a complete Narutard.

Hisoka's resurrection i don't even need to bring up, since it's universally acknowledged as shit writing and the worst thing ever in HxH so far.

There won't be new chapters this year user. Maybe April or May next year.

And of course there are only 10 chapters at most, what retard could believe a hack like Togashi would release more than 10?

You're outing yourselved as noobs. It is the work of a Hunterchad to be very objective, analytical and critical of HxH.

Togashi has almost always been criticized, for G.I. and then also for CA when it was released in manga it was very divisive and controversial. Many even thought it wasn't even better than Yorknew.

Of course that time Togashi proves us wrong, since time has been good for CA. That doesn't mean the same thing it's going to happen with this arc, which already has structural flaws that seem to big to overcome with Hisoka, the spiders and the mafia which are nothing but Yorknew 2.0.

>Many even thought it wasn't even better than Yorknew.
It isn't. It's still pretty good, though; probably my second favorite arc.

You forget to mention “lazy.” A lazy hack like Togashi.

So I have been reading the hxh story times dump thread and it ended at volume 33.

Found the Narutard. Yorknew is nowhere near as good as CA, why do you think HxH has this aura of being the Breaking Bad of anime? You think it's because of some arc with stupid one-dimensional characters like the spider? Of course not shounen fan, it's because of CA's deconstruction.

The only reason user.

It was a race to see who would succeed first. Had they had 1 more minute Illumi would have lost.

I mean volume 34.

SW > CA
Seethe

There's also the antagonist having little relation to Gon. If he had heard that one of the game's designer's son was playing he would have a reason to target Gon directly under the suspicion that Gon knows or has some secret to help clear the game. Helps up the tension too, with Bisky finding out and having to keep Gon and Killua hidden during their training.

Pathetic Narutard. Imagine believing a fucking arc 35 chapters long you don't even know hot it's going to turn up and that looks generic as hell is going to even compare to the pinnacle of all manga storytelling...

based

No it isn't Naruto is a shonen series, a gateway crap that's popular but has no acclaim and everyone's going to make fun of you if you like it unironically.

So basically SAO.

>Everyone who doesn't agree with my shitty contradictory unbased low IQ opinions is a Narutard.
Cope hader.

Pathetic, you literally said a 35 chapter arc that includes the mafia, spiders and Hisoka is better than CA. What's more retarded than that?

Imagine spending your time falseflagging and shitposting about a couple of shounen arcs on Yea Forums. Even Togashi couldn't come up with a more tragic story than your entire existence.

Attached: spiderman.png (640x480, 242K)

Mindbroken tranny

Retarded incest victim

Hey faggot, I'm still waiting for a response on how benjamin ordering his own troops and using his authority to kill Sale-Sale was indirect, but the mafia using the Phantom Troupe to kill Morena isn't?

bump

You're a retarded incest victim. Don't project on me cause your uncle bangs you... and you like it.

obligatory pleb filter arc

tell the class more about your uncle

That thread got archived, ok user what is it that you can't understand?

The means by which Benjamin's soldiers are not direct, (like Camila's army )Benjamin's soldier didn't pull a gun or Sale and killed him, he used a very specific nen ability fit for assassination he was ok to use ONLY AFTER Rihan's Predator had dealt with his nen beast

This is a long and complex process that had to take place before they could kill him. That's not a direct action. You could say Benjamin's initial idea of killing Tserriednich was an attempt at taking direct action, and that's precisely why Balsalmico adviced against it and Benjamin listened to reason and bactracked. That is good writing.

It's not some shonen retard spiders mafia "muh i attack" out in the open just like that.

There you have your explanation user about what's a realistic, seinen-like complex conflict and retarded Naruto shounen-y fighting. Unfortunately this arc seems poseid to be tortured between these two approaches. That's why it is criticized, Togashi should just have sticked to the SW itself on the 1st deck and we wouldn't be having this problems user and i wouldn't criticize it since there's nothing to criticize this arc for when it comes to the 1st deck.

Nounaga Fun Fact: Nobunaga is more versed about the world than characters like Kurapika.

Attached: wrong.png (834x560, 408K)

Let's be fucking honest brehs, Togashi is fucking based. He gives zero fucks about people and Jump themselves getting upset at him for not making new chapters. All he does is play video games all day. Many of us say that we don't care about what others think of us, but most of the people saying that are just talking out of their asses while Togashi truly lives the "not giving a fuck" lifestyle. Based.

Attached: basedhisoka.jpg (606x417, 146K)

>retarded incest victim.
Did you copied that from my post ? If so, kys faggot.

The most Chad mangaka of all time

Attached: 1558912333210.jpg (357x765, 74K)

So did they... uhh.. you know.. do that thing that only adults do? *blushes* y-you know like kisses and all that stuff... *face gets completely red* a-anyway... w-what do you think user? d-dit they do it?

Attached: 1555900782854.png (800x890, 195K)

He is probably playing Dragonquest or Red Dead Redemption 2 while going to the beaches and swimming pool every now and then. Also noodles & cheap Tokyo liquor

hihi...giggles...you silly user ;)

Y-yes...

Attached: 1556888200791.png (704x519, 280K)

The point is to compare how getting a third party to kill a target isn't indirect in both the case of Benjamin and the Troupe. In both cases Party A (Benjamin/the mafia) want Party B (Sale-Sale/Morena) dead and do so by contracting an intermediary group (Benjamins soldiers/The PT) to carry out this task. You didn't talk about the troupe at all which tells me you don't have an answer and are stuck on pretending the troupe aren't fitting into this whole puzzle nicely.
>There you have your explanation user about what's a realistic, seinen-like complex conflict and retarded Naruto shounen-y fighting
None of these words made sense when strung together like this.

Attached: 1563133583318.png (271x211, 31K)

You fujos need to fucking die already

Attached: 1431860855241.jpg (312x364, 16K)

You're only supposed to give them money and clothes though, not your cards.

Togashi please.. i want new chapters.. give me my wife Morena back.. Togashi-san..

Attached: In Order To Destroy.jpg (1315x1920, 838K)

Yoshihiro “Toga” Togashi

I want to impregnate Pitou and take responsibility!

Pitou is male user

Pitou is a good girl

Were you banned from posting images or something

He is M A L E

Nothing gay going on here, just bros being each other light.

youtube.com/watch?v=poLAAD8MstY

Attached: D7u3-gkUYAAHw6x.jpg (1200x638, 154K)

Pitou und pitoufag were a mistake.

I'm at episode 25. When does it get good?

When you feels it gets good.
Btw which version are you watching, black lung?

Are you watching the original anime or the shitty 2011 remake?

Attached: 1450226240914.gif (365x273, 1.06M)

Wrong user, cowpoke.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 37654.jpg (262x293, 63K)

Those 2 are very cute together. Good thing Kurapika was a girl in the 1999 version.

>what was Togashi thinking?
"I'd better filter out these plebs."

Attached: 3e0952bdd1d9239347f83a3c40d4c661--yoshihiro-togashi-sailor-moon.jpg (178x258, 17K)

I want to hate fuck Morena, god what a beautiful bastard daughter

I will never be finished.

Your parents obviously will never finish you

is just call him tse-kun

Tserried nich

For now

And now you here, ban evading.
I hope you get banned again, probably not.

Guys what do I do, each day I desire more and more HxH. After catching up and rereading the manga my brain swelled to 3 times its size. I feel like if I don't get any HxH my brain will start eating itself due to a lack stimulation. Please help

Attached: Hisoka18.jpg (627x605, 404K)

Man, I just want to see the DC, an Leorio and Gyronarc before turning 30. Is that really to much to ask? Can’t Togashi work hard and release like 30 maybe 40 chapters a year like he used to?

id be fine with a chapter every 3 weeks or even month

Every 3 weeks fine, but 1 each month, no.

Reminder that the big fight this arc will be Chrollo vs Tse, but it won't be the climax in typical HxH fashion.

Attached: 1464878836410s.jpg (200x203, 6K)

Leorio has been fucking Cheadle raw the entire boat trip

Kurapika Kurta

better than not getting any chapters

Kurapika Paladinknight

Doggy style

Attached: 1479594691969.png (546x498, 536K)

Kurapika's vagina

Attached: 1536086949953.jpg (258x350, 42K)

Kek, all these characters and he didn't even need to use Gon and Killua.

Yes but I prefer the every 3 weeks.

Gyro-senpei, please notice me

I wanna see bill and Vereleinte vs halkenburg

Don't think he was thinking that hard. He gave up on Nen making any sort of sense pretty quickly too.

Kurapika's penis*

>Kurapika
>Penis
newfag

Morena & Luini only survivors of the Hei-ly family.

Mark my fucking words

No pov for Hisoka anymore.

Luigi is already ded

>Luigi
Luini without the g und besides, Luini is still alive.

Hisoka with his frog voice ahahahahah fucking kek.

>Not wanting to suck Kurapika's penis
What are you fucking gay?

Attached: 1555873063585.png (675x1200, 499K)

Nah. Knowing Togashi, I bet that at least five of them survive the arc. And Morena won't be among them.

what happend to this child killing homo?

Attached: 1561737553771.png (1334x750, 2.13M)

Pitou is the most beautiful girl in the world

Reminder

Attached: 1554013410280.png (1400x569, 229K)

Whatever he was thinking, I loved it.
>Fleshed out system, way more fleshed out than it should have been
>Introduced a cool take on the token female, even introduces her as trying to ruin their friendship, reveals her to be a master Nen user, doing another cool take on the girl who's actually a skilled veteran and old woman
>Served as a training arc for Gon and even Killua
>Training is extensive and not just do pushups or calisthenics, there were actual procedures to take to really learn Nen and train your body for it
>The setting itself is pretty interesting and eventually the entire process of how the 'game' was made, unique cards and lore
>When the training was complete, you get pages like pic related showing a lighter side to Hunter x Hunter; three kids enjoying the game and genuinely funny scenes like Hisoka's various visual cues for his arousal
>The villain was a tryhard griefer down to his design, only here he's an actual threat
>Featured a few more cool tidbits like Nen exorcism
>The potential treasures you could win showed there were tangibles to an otherwise deadly game and worth the hassle

I love GI so much I didn't mind '99's sudden shift in animation and tone. I actually liked early Bisky, she looked more like a lifeless doll, living up to the bisque doll theme she has.

Attached: 1469649514914.jpg (2037x3056, 1.09M)

Attached: 111165467.jpg (1066x1600, 384K)

Friendly reminder...

Attached: 1465738909889.png (1100x648, 276K)

bump

Is there literally any conceivable way that Togashi will finish the series or even just Succession arc before death or dementia at his pace? I don't understand why they keep printing it.

Based Chrollo

Attached: LeftFlank353.jpg (1679x1259, 1023K)

Succession War, definitely
He is 52 and there can't be more than 80 chapters left. Even at 10 chapters per year, he should be able to finish it.

Whole series? Probably not unless he gets someone to draw for him.

I rewatched hxh in two days again after maybe 2 years of nnot watching it. Greed Island isn't memorable imo, compared to the Chimera Ant Arc I know, I know, it just personally means more to me and gets me thinking. But from what I can remember off the top of my head it helped flesh out nen a bit.

Based.

Based GIchad

Attached: Binolt kino.jpg (1066x1600, 268K)

How wasn't nen integrated into their world? And come up with a good explanation instead of using buzzwords.

*COUGH*
*EHEM*

Attached: MERUEM WALKS AND YOU DO NOTHING.png (1890x1050, 1.43M)

Kortopi was quiet powerful...

This is one of my favorite examples of Togashi's paneling. The Bungee Gum extending to be a border between the panels is cool as hell.

Attached: D_ciEl0X4AEZhVA.png (597x891, 564K)

Based PanelingChad

Attached: Riddle.jpg (1066x1600, 219K)

The Chimera Ant arc is some of the best storytelling I've seen in manga possibly ever. Just the visual presence, the paneling, the character development. Perfect blend of detail and Togashi's expressive storyboard draft style. The way he sets up these incredible pages conveying the ambiguity of the villains he's developing and breaking down at the same time. The way he uses symbols and full page collages to imply the character's (and reader's) inner thoughts, more precisely than words. The way it treats its characters and themes, and confuses, blends and harmonizes them with subtlety and still managing to be a badass shonen battle manga is really astounding. By the end I found myself crying for the villains losses as much as the heroes, if not more so... I'm so blown away. There are moments that are going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

Attached: 0311-016.jpg (2131x1599, 1.54M)

>like Oda, Kubo, Kishimoto and Toriyama who never kill characters
How can you say that after all the characters that have died in HxH? There's just no comparison. I know you want to make a point but exaggerating to the point of lying won't make anyone take your opinions seriously.

Gon is not in the current arc despite being in every other arc because he would solo the Black Whale and the Dark Continent

Attached: FB41E6BD-ABED-473E-9BE6-1434AD00AC21.jpg (784x1145, 431K)

It is known

Attached: 1545393271504.jpg (500x436, 29K)

Chrollo is a villain.

Attached: A63F9115-213D-44F7-B4E0-C22C42B4D196.jpg (2073x2220, 2.27M)

Attached: C9A34A63-8E66-4B03-BC7A-E36F7B707DBD.jpg (4253x2439, 3.02M)

>Election
>bad

Found the brainlet.

hisoka vs. kuroro represents everything great about hxh.

Don’t forget Netero vs Meruem.

fucking how? togashi even used cute chibi pictures and graphics for you brainlets.

Attached: 72FFBEC1-D102-413B-AE17-5706F334EDE7.png (655x3704, 1.73M)

Pitoubro was a mistake

>kurapika thanking bill

kurapika has come a long way since the york new city arc.

where can i download these scans at this quality?

Pitoufag/pitouscum/pitounigger you mean.

I see a lot of HxH threads suddenly and some hunterposts in non-HxH threads like mha & opm threads.

Bruh, what are some anime/manga for Greed Island feel? I don't care if it's asking to be spoonfed, I DEMAND TO BE SPOONFED.

I don't know what Greed Island does, but it does something for me. At first I thought I just wanted a card anime and finished Yu Gi Oh, but that wasn't it. Then I thought I am interested in "find a mcguffin anime" or some sort of collectofons, I've rewatched Sailor Moon, watched Inuyasha for the first time, IT JUST AIN'T IT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT GREED ISLAND DID THAT MADE ME FEEL BUT IT DID IT RIGHT.

I am seriously grasping at straws here. There's something about how cheesy it was and how likable that just made me feel like hometown. I am so fucked up right now.

Attached: e6b26ac55bb0bd9eb6b4dedcb0bbf2951535731674_full.png (639x358, 313K)

.hack//sign

I just finished the series, send me your greatest hxh memes

I'm actually confused by how much people hate it because there's only like 3-4 episodes in the middle that kinda suck. Granted Genthru was a shit villain but their final fight, Razor, and Bisky more than make up for it.

Probably, since only a child could be put off by CA's poor pacing to the extent that the positives didn't make up for it and shit on every other arc in the series.

No user, the mafia themselves are going at the Ei family and they are trying to use 3 members of the Troupe. The means by which these spiders pretend to kill Morena is BY AN ABSOLUTELY DIRECT ACTION. There's no subterfuge of any kind.

The rest of the spiders are even worse. Chrollo literally said he was going to attack Hisoka the moment he found him. That's awful writing, completely direct and just plain shounen logic.

The Phantom Troupe are a ridiculous shoehorned party into this arc.

It's about the journey user, not the destination. Learn to have some fun

I want Pitou to sit on my face and crush my head with her thighs!

how long until you die?

Gotta catch 'em all

I think Pitoubro has given up because HE FINALLY REALIZED Pitou is a dude, after all this years.

Perhaps there is a cure after all.

I also want to sniff his butthole while sucking his cute balls!

Arguments and Facts never die

It really has a charm to it.

Attached: 1469716852085.jpg (2037x3056, 812K)

has togashi officially stated why he misses so many days? do we know for a fact it has to do with his back?

It feels like the quintessential HxH arc.
Everything that comes before it is all build up, Greed island is the first arc where Gon is just straight up going on an adventure, whilst everything that comes after leans into the territory of character deconstruction.

To the janny who banned Pitoubro:

IN THE THREAD, BLOW FIFTY PITOUS, SHIT, A HUNDRED HUNTERCHADS
SHIT, JANNY WANT TO BANNIN' CHADMAN, HE A TRANNY MAN
HE FUCK HIM IN A HANDSTAND, HE A FAG MAN
HE A NEET, IMA' DAB MAN, IM THE CHAD MAN

YEAH WE HUNTERCHADPOST, WE DON'T DO THE BAIT, JANNY GON' DIE TODAY

BANG BANG

Attached: 1542459979649.png (420x420, 82K)

>Reminder
that Chrollo wiped the floor with your meme clown. They won't fight again, this is a settled conflict.

Chrollo will kill Kurapika and thus ending the Kurta bloodline once and for all.

You waited all this time and didn't disappoint me user. You still don't have a point.
>There's no subtrefuge of any kind
There never had to be, indirect =/= stealthy retard. The whole arc is called the succession war and proxy wars and sneaking around rules is the name of the game because the kakin royal military is there to enforce things. Remember how it's a big deal that morena didn't register her people in the mafia files? That's because attacking civilians and getting caught carries penalties just like killing a royal prince and getting caught carries penalties. The mafia being able to use the Spiders to potentially kill another don is no different than any other queen or prince using whoever they hired to try and do the same to the other princes.
>Chrollo literally said he was going to attack Hisoka the moment he found him
>that's awful writing
>shonen logic
Revenge is a shonen concept now? Let me get my copy of Berserk and pencil in Shonen for the demographic because Guts wants to kill Griffith on sight. Also you're shifting goalposts but whatever, I didn't expect you to have a logical argument.
>The Phantom Troupe are a ridiculous shoehorned party into this arc.
Thank god you don't write stories then.

Unironically very soon if he keeps using the way he is in the current arc. Just posing this before Togashi bullshits Kurapika's life-span back to normal with Nanako or some other bullshit.

My Hero Academia

Attached: 1559586805968.png (680x497, 125K)

Based, us Hunterchads are unstoppable.

Nah I'm just on a forced vacation and am stuck with just making text posts

Leorio will impregnate Kurapika and ensure that the Kurta bloodline survives.

Attacking like an imbecile monkey as soon as he sees Hisoka, solving plotlines through fighting, that's the quintessence of shounen.

You see you contradict yourself so easily, you claim the military is there to enforce the law but how is Chrollo going to deal with the ruckus his stupid ass attacking the idiot clown would create? If the military is a deterrent why is Chrollo going to go full retard? Don't you see AGAIN the contradiction in this?

There's nothing indirect about finding and killing Morena just like that. Phinks even hinted if they kill her Tserriednich could be grateful to them, what a ridiculous, unbelievably contrived and shounen development thay would be.

Guts is not going to kill Griffith in a fight, if Miura knows what he's doing.

So we went from idiots convincing themselves Pitou was a girl when he's obviously a dude to retards convincing themselves Kurapika is a gurl when he's obviously a dude..

More like what was he thinking about the Chimera Ants Arc I mean seriously its something you would expect near the endnof a shonen espevially with Mereum being OP.

Phinks is right tho considering Tse wants her dead himself.

you do realize kuroro isn't thinking clearly because he's extremely pissed off right?

Pitou is actually a girl though retard.

you act like losing 5 years off a natural human lifespan is a big deal, especially when nen users live longer due to the use of nen.

There's more evidence of Pitou being a dude than a girl, retard

>Attacking like an imbecile monkey as soon as he sees Hisoka
What's shonen about being blind with revenge? Again, we see this in any age demographic for manga. And Chrollo has two subordinates in tow as well as a book of powers, he's not going in full retard like you are.
>You see you contradict yourself so easily,
I didn't contradict myself, the military enforcing the rules doesn't mean people won't still bend or break them. Remember Discount Giorno taking out the two guards that would have been a problem to him? And did you forget that the Troupe are more than willing to cause mass chaos if it suits their needs?
>There's nothing indirect about finding and killing Morena just like that
Navigating the various military factions since each floor has a different climate, and dealing with the rules that dictate who is fair game for attack all seem like they tick the boxes that the 1st tier has as well. And the mafia has this 3rd faction helping them out for a price. Seems no different than the 1st tier except people can be a bit more overtly violent.
>Phinks even hinted if they kill her Tserriednich could be grateful to them
He's right, and he's been told as such from the Underboss he talked too. Morena is now a problem for both the Mafia families, as well as the boat at large. Getting rid of her would make a lot of people happy.
>Guts is not going to kill Griffith in a fight
Nobody said he was, but you can believe he's going to try his hardest the first chance he gets.

Pitou is a goddess

You justify a stupid and incompetent character shitting all over the writing of the arc with "he's mad". He has had enough time to get over it by now.

No it isn't imbecile, Pitous is, was and will always be a male. You got noobfiltered by Madhouse's design.

Pitou has been proven multiple times to be a girl and you still refuse to believe it like the mentally ill faggot you are.

Blind with revenge lol, a character acting in overtly stupid and contrived ways is the epitome of shounen writing.

Causing mass chaos is bad writing cause there's no way that could benefit them, in fact the opposite is true, if they were characters with a mind of their own they'd realize this but they are just Togashi's tools, not real characters.

They literally attacked the Ei family jobbees on the last chapter, literally just attacked them, despite being registered as "civilians". There are no real, smart restrictions to this idiotic plain and simple mafia storyline.

Yes that's what i meant about Phink, that's also bad writing if Tserriednich rven acknowledges the existence of the spiders, let alone help them/benefit then in any way.

The guy Kurapika's after suddenly being on friendly terms/cooperating with the spiders would be even worse than Hisoka's retarded resurrection. That'd be Fairy Tail tier.

Bullshit, he has always been referred to as a man both by himself and all other characters, who address him as such.

>noobfiltered

Attached: 200w_s.gif (200x108, 16K)

Pitou has never been referred to as a he in the manga, only the retarded Viz translator thought so and even admitted to making her mistake.

i think manga should end after this arc, powers are growing out wack andnot exiiting anymore

did we ever get an explanatiion why the chimera ant queen off spring was human/had human dna ? Was it just because togashi didnt want to draw insects all the time?

Pitou has only ever been referred to by name by other characters(Pitou-dono or just plain Pitou). She doesn't call herself a man, either.

why do writers put like skill hunter type in abiliities in their works? it always turns shit. either is boring and op or he gets defeated while he shouldnt be

is that fucking true?
source please

>chrollo's religion
what? why don't i remember this?

leave Hisoka to me

Attached: 1557574326951.jpg (256x340, 31K)

would love to see that in a reasonable quality

All official manga translations refer to him as a he, not just Viz.

t.Hunterchad

>reddit
Chimera Ant
>Yea Forums
Succession War
>4channel
Greed Island

>had a yuri Pitou dream tonight
What's happening to me, I don't even like Pitou

>That dodgeball
>That fight against Genthru
Absolutely haram OP.

nyaa

So these two are massive homos, right?

Attached: Gon and Killua 6.png (455x413, 92K)

>I don't even like Pitou

Attached: 1512315393197.jpg (1000x563, 105K)

based

>Muh bad writing
Things you don't like aren't automatically bad writing. And your arguments don't make sense since nobody is acting in the way you're stating except the people who explicitly want to create as much chaos and destruction as possible. Even the troupe is keeping things restrained at the moment. Keep talking about how bad shonen writing is, maybe if it was fairy tale you'd have had a point.
>despite being registered as "civilians"
Spee D. Reader over here didn't remember that nobody knew Morena's goons weren't registered until after they went to talk with them. And not until after Giorno talked with the leader of the trio. It was also Morena's goons that attacked on first sight, the people who want to follow through with Morena's desires. If you can't even keep the story events straight before going on a tirade, how can you ever expect to accurately assess the writing of a simple story arc?

Attached: 11.jpg (784x1145, 238K)

Remember when Yea Forums used to think this show was a brainlet filter? Did Yea Forums get smarter or did we just realize how much of a hack Togashi is?

He doesn't want to work. He's living off that Sailor Moon money.

Great arc, great friendship

>Togashi is a fucking CHAD, whatever he makes WSJ just have to swallow his cum and they cannot do anything about it
no matter how much lurking WSJ is always Wall Street Journal for me, which makes Yea Forums's points on this subject very interesting

Attached: feebff.jpg (652x368, 41K)

Damn this white nigga is gay.

Attached: Gon and Killua 3.png (1074x727, 588K)

Nice wishful thinking user, but you're still a brainlet.

CA arc narrator is a brainlet filter

Yea Forums is among the top 5 most brainlet boards easily.

Is this canonical?

Attached: Screenshot (161).png (1163x451, 35K)

Very obviously not.

How bad is power creep in HxH compared to other shows?

some of the most powerful people in the series are introduced within the first few episodes/chapters and remain some of the most powerful people in the series even up until now

Pretty much non-existant, very few fights are won just because someone has more aura than the other person or can punch harder. People who are supposed to be strong are still strong, and if they lose it's because the series explicitely makes things like matchups, terrain, and preparation a factor in combat.

The one time powerlevels even approached DBZ level of implementations it's invalidated by technology. And the most recent arc places more emphasis on subtle abilities and utilitarian powers. It also makes the majority of the cast less powerful superhumans and more tacticians and focuses on logistic battles and information warfare.

Attached: 1539832727128.png (1404x1360, 532K)