Facts:

>Facts:

- There were around 70 people in the building
- 33 people dead.
- 36 injured (10 severely injured)
- Kyoani's employees sums a total of 160.
- That means 44% of their personal were involved in the incident
- Studio 1 housed mainly the head staff of the company.
- There is no confirmation yet but, we can assume several directors and important members of Kyoani staff might be dead.
- Out of the 36 injured, there is 10 that might dead in the next hours or days, if not they might be severely limited, crippled, unable to walk or use their hands (draw) for months or years.
- The rest of the staff with minor injuries, might be unable to work for a period of time (weeks, months). And even if they can, they might develop serious PTSD.
- That leave only 56% of the staff available, but you can't discard they may also develop PTSD, or depression for the concecuences of the incident
- Materially speaking, they lost a whole building (that was only recently built in 2015), with total loss of key frames, manuscripts, PCs and historical records of previous works.
- Most likely a criminal investigation will be done (outside of the arson, which is the main guilty), to determine responsibilities within the Kyoani staff, for the people who were unable to escape the building.
- KyoAni stocks are in free fall.
- Currently all their proyects might be considerer in hiatus or directly canceled (with the exception of their most advanced ones, like VEG movie which will most likely premieres in the near future)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said that...
What do you think user, is the situation insurmountable? is the studio dead?
Or there is a way for Kyoani to bounce back in a couple of years or more? In that case, will be the same "Kyoto Animation", or maybe a new studio with a brand new name?

Finally, do you think this will bring concecuences within the anime industry as a whole?
Please debate.

Attached: Kyoani from the good timeline.jpg (620x465, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fdma.go.jp/disaster/info/items/1907182201.pdf
metro.co.uk/2019/07/13/deutsche-bank-chiefs-had-1500-suit-fittings-on-day-18000-workers-were-made-redundant-10265903/
youtube.com/watch?v=bwpK5QJu6K4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_inattention
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/02/03/national/media-national/japans-suicide-statistics-dont-tell-the-real-story/#.XTD4RfJKgz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it is dead, they will dismantle

You forgot the most important fact:

OP is a faggot

Attached: 1557146611916.jpg (313x327, 18K)

Studio's dead, yeah.
It isn't coming back. Any talent that's still alive will either go somewhere else, quit the industry due to trauma, or perhaps attempt to start a new studio.
>Consequences
Maybe some censorship and cancellations of projects deemed "distasteful", in light of recent events. Radical, across-the-board changes? None, save for fulfilling/following proper safety protocol.

We can only hope its dead.

>Please debate.

Shut the fuck up.

Kyoanus is dead deal with it

Attached: 1525107736032.gif (1200x550, 489K)

KyoAni finds a way

New isekai battle royale with 33 mc’s

Do those numbers include Studio Do?

>KyoAni stocks are in free fall.
What the fuck are you on about?

They should all work at a western anime studio instead.

It's quite literally over.

it depends on them. they can recover easily. the question is do the people in leadership positions have the competence and drive

>Currently all their proyects might be considerer in hiatus or directly canceled
Dumb nigger, they already said this wasn't the case.

>33 people dead.

Not him

Attached: 1563479486100.png (668x604, 43K)

Alright I just woke up
Are the ones who are confirmed dead revealed yet

it's over.

Directors of their biggest shows are dead. The company will soon follow.

I wonder if they dropped around the time they said the security system was turned off.

Either way, when the shareholders collectively jump ship you know you've just struck an iceberg.

Honestly when tragedies like this happen I feel more mad than sad, hiring a single security guard would have guaranteed none of this happening.
That said, I think It'll be pretty hard for them to recover from this since not only majority of the workforce and the materials were burned but also some big names were lost and you can't replace them that easily. On the off chance that they come back from this I imagine It'll be under a different name and It'll feel like an entirely different brand.

Well, take those 10 severely injured as "possible" new deceased. That "35" can go up any moment.

>All those people talking about traumas and PTSD

Fuck's wrong with you you huge fucking pussies? About a month or two will be enough to recover from that shit.

I hate to say it, but I think they are finished.

Attached: 1536075056524.jpg (648x648, 46K)

>facts
>"might be"

all they had to do was not steal

No way. Some animators and directors are dead for sure. And Isn't Kyoani full of young people? As I know animation is skill that you pass to new generation otherwise animation will die like in Russia.

It's not over but it will never be the same again. The staff must be in complete shambles mentally, and we will just have to see what the new staff is capable of. I'm sure they will recover, but it's overall just going to be very painful. I'm really not ready to see the list of who was lost.

Otaku literally killed a studio

Otaku were a mistake

cringe

KyoAni as we know it is finished, the human talent and the resources they have are gone. Whatever assets they might have left will be used to pay up reparations because of all the broken fire safety regulations that killed all those people.

On the other hand, the people who are left will move into other studios so it's not like it's all entirely lost. They might deliver the already announced shows but then it's over for the company.

maybe things would've turned out better if their anime weren't so shit

lmao the tough guy

Did they actually break fire regulation, though? How would they even get approval then? The building was from 2015 apparently, so it was quite new.

So, how much money is it they lost over this so far?

Their best bet is being bought by someone. For a relatively company that works on strict schedule this is the end.

Why isn't this front page news on all news outlets worldwide?
Easily the worst catastrophe since 9/11, possibly worse

KyoAni went public?
Huh.

All I know is that I'd have to reevaluate some things if a lot of the people I worked with just died.
Sure, I probably didn't care for everyone, might've really liked a couple of them, but you guys have no idea what level of attention everyone from that studio is going to be getting. From mournful families, friends of friends, community, from competitors, from marketers, from people looking to capitalize on the situation.
Honestly, the shit that follows this sort of thing can be and often is life-changing. Some key directors may have died, but those that lived? They may as well have died too. They might never work/want to work again.

They might turn to smaller projects that are creatively driven rather than visually.
Might be good.

That's really the building? Just jump out of the windows holy shit, a few broken bones or death? Just how did they manage to die?

>a relatively company

Attached: 1409444312919.jpg (415x415, 28K)

KyoAni is probably going to get acquired by a larger company and continue running under the same name (for the publicity) as a subsidiary. The quality is never going to be the same though.

>is the studio dead?
I would say there is a 99% chance that they are dead for mainline production works like movies or TV shows, but imagine they will still do festival shorts and stuff like that. Or they could do a big collab with big names/other studios. How does contracting work for the artists? Are animators free to just move to other studios without the studio officially disbanding?

unbelivable, who could be so heartless and dump their stocks in thei darkest hour?

Attached: 1504862913078.jpg (200x266, 10K)

In a panic from the smoke most likely.

I think the staff will be absorbed by other companies like Cloverworks and A1.

>Just how did they manage to die?
Nobody told them to evacuate and they didn't want to be rude and be the first person to get out of their seat

20 people died in the staircase alone, fire regulations must have been faulty somewhere. They never got the door to open.

My bad, I had no idea they were public.

>Maybe some censorship and cancellations of projects deemed "distasteful"
What? Wouldn't that literally be giving into terrorism? Like, it'd directly be rewarding this guy for his monstrous actions. I can't see that possibly being popular. If anything I'd hope for solidarity around it.

Attached: 1499390346895.jpg (1366x768, 96K)

But it's fucking true. You just don't make a huge deal out of it, brush it off.

Doesn't insurance cover situations like this?

A normal fire is pretty different from arson led gasoline fire internet tough guy.

I read during the latest NYC blackout that some huge buildings have keycard doors that don't work when the electricity shut off. Imagine a huge hotel having these doors in the case of a fire and not being able to get the fuck out.

I think he means a nice boat type of situation.

are security guards armed in japan? Who's to say he could have even made a difference against a determined attacker armed with knives?

Ishihara has what it takes to bring KyoAni back singlehandedly. I hope he isn't too hurt from the fire, and that they have enough staff left to operate again once things settle down. I'm incredibly sad for the lives and talent lost, though, and for those whose lives will never be the same after this.

Translate it weebs

Their business LITERALLY went up in flames. Gotta forgive the jews for one

You don't get it. Japs aren't American. They don't possess that rebellious "oh is my music bothering you? Guess I'll just have to turn it. Up. LOUDER!" mentality.

Depends on the acquired plan and options.

How many killed were seiyuus? Any seiyuus we know?

Attached: 1562779552283.png (894x894, 473K)

I work in decently secure building and the doors open from the inside. Any other design is moronic.

Have you forgot that Kyoani always finds a way, op? It applies now more than ever.

Attached: 1527093261520.jpg (880x720, 115K)

Where were they when this happened?

Attached: 1549493756863.png (670x366, 342K)

Most of the people who died were not involved in production directly, but were backroom staff, hr, etc. While important, they're not as hard to replace. Now the directors who may have died (most seem to have somehow survived), will be more crippling, as will the loss of infrastructure.

Seiyuus don't go to the animation studios.

In comparison to how chaotic in terms of information from all kind of sources, OP gave a more comprehensive list within what has been said these past 10 hours.

I bet if thus happened to you, you’d spend your life weeping in your room. Then again you probably already do that

They passed the fire safety compliance checks last October
fdma.go.jp/disaster/info/items/1907182201.pdf

>proyects
>y
You have to go back.

Aya Hirano's status has not been verified yet.

But what about the bassist?

Another fact: densha otaku are fucking loony by default

Attached: 1388617807199.png (514x519, 13K)

>millions of people in Japan
>worst massacre in Japanese history happens to KyoAni
Just what is going on, Yea Forums?

So what is Japan like when it comes to crimes like this. What’ll happen to the dude?

>may also develop PTSD, or depression for the consequences of the incident
Now KyoAni can make their own Evangelion. How is this a bad thing?

Anyone who seriously inhaled that smoke and lived is gonna be going through some rough ass shit

>is the situation insurmountable? is the studio dead?

No. They still have more than half of their staff and two of their three buildings. It's a devestating loss, but it's not the final countdown. They can't let this be the end. Even if it's financially impossible to move forward, they will make it happen somehow. Otherwise, the crazy train fag wins.

because they no longer have a business that's why. Rather not have their money also burn up in that building too.

The studio with disband out of respect to the dead. Maybe some of the able survivors will build something from scratch, but it’s extremely unlikely.

They are done.

>You don't get it. Japs aren't American. They don't possess that rebellious "oh is my music bothering you? Guess I'll just have to turn it. Up. LOUDER!" mentality.
Retard. Japanese still have plenty of belief in honor and national pride and some feelings are pretty universal to humanity. There is a big fucking difference between merely being a rude asshole like you describe and having a criminal commit mass murder because he wants something gone and going "oh alright then we'll comply with what you wanted." You completely fucked your analogy anyway, it'd be more like if someone was playing loud music and bothering people and the response was to eliminate all noise ordinances, how would that make a lick of fucking sense?

Attached: 1458863006923.png (208x238, 61K)

>he thinks there were any seiyuus there at all.

Attached: 1368d741383e27248de0aa88f0d80ac074757319.gif (500x281, 568K)

>like VEG movie which will most likely premieres in the near future
There is no way it's coming out, absolutely zero percent chance, until maybe a few years from now. It's still got 6 months until release, and movies are absolutely not completely finished 6 months ahead of release. Do you think they could get anyone to work on it now, even a tiny little bit? Do you think their animators or production assistants will say "well all of my coworkers died in a red and black hell that I cannot escape even in my dreams, but I guess I'll pull through on correcting the animation on this dog's arse for this keyframe"?
It's dead.

The death penalty is still a thing in the land of the rising sun.

I think they essentially will decrease their output by half or a third while they work on recovering.

Netflix documentary when

>>is the situation insurmountable? is the studio dead?
>No. They still have more than half of their staff and two of their three buildings. It's a devestating loss, but it's not the final countdown. They can't let this be the end. Even if it's financially impossible to move forward, they will make it happen somehow. Otherwise, the crazy train fag wins.
The GoFundMe is already at nearly $1 million. I think they'll definitely have a chance, as you say it's still a majority at least of staff, and giving in means letting the bad guy win. They'll have a big outpouring of sympathy for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if anything they release next has massive extra sales.

If they give in and quit yeah that's it, but they've got plenty of skilled people still and, well, fuck a big part of art has always been dealing with tragedy and trying to make sense of the senseless. They could definitely come back, changed forever perhaps but still come back.

Blessed be that arsonist

anons that's a 1% drop, which is clearly evening out, over the course of the most critical few hours. I'm not saying their stock won't die, but it's not happening yet

Japanese people would absolutely carry on the work/dreams of their deceased coworkers.

>hiring a single security guard would have guaranteed none of this happening.
It wouldn't have been an armed guard, it would have been an overpaid bouncer meant to kick out retard fans who won't leave and unruly employees. This guy had a knife and gas and wasn't afraid of death. Yeah a security guard wouldn't have done shit.

Don't worry bandai sunrise will buy what's left

I didn't even know they went public. But the studio is dead, they lost too many key talent and will be inoperative for too long. Maybe another studio or similar company such as kadokawa might buy them up.

I doubt it will do much for the anime industry as a whole, but I do hope this will be a wake up call on fire safety for Japan. It's funny, I remember reading that arson was one of the worse crimes you could commit in ancient Japan and punishment were so ruthless you wouldn't even consider keeping a candle lit at night. But somehow, it seems fire regulations have gotten to lax compared to other safety standards such as earthquakes.

People who don't want to lose a bunch of money

>Why isn't this front page news on all news outlets worldwide?
No one cares about a studio that made pedoshit moe anime for fat losers.

The VEG movie has been already confirmed by Kyoani that will most likely be premiered. Probably all the sakuga has been already been done, and it was in some post-production stage.

maid dragon season 2 never ever

>Do you think they could get anyone to work on it now, even a tiny little bit?
Not that user but yes, absolutely.

> Do you think their animators or production assistants will say "well all of my coworkers died in a red and black hell that I cannot escape even in my dreams, but I guess I'll pull through on correcting the animation on this dog's arse for this keyframe"?
Yes, absolutely. WTF user, have you never dealt with actual tragedy in your life? For a lot of us it's the complete OPPOSITE of what you describe, throwing yourself completely into work to avoid the bad feelings is a time honored coping mechanism and in fact a usual thing people watch out for. It's effective too. The first few times I had deaths of people I was very close to I put in like 90-100 hour weeks for a while. It definitely gets your mind off of it and leaves no time to brood too much.

>kyoani
>famous for making moeshit designed to make sad people feel good
>now need it more than ever

Attached: c85e292711ef16c6f4c1595b6dcd0690.gif (500x281, 325K)

What if Netflix buys Kyoani?

Attached: h.jpg (260x317, 12K)

Why didn't they just exit the building when they realized there was a fire?

Thanks for posting good content. I don't know about Japan but those checks hardly ever are thorough enough. They will find something.

I don't want it to be true but I find it difficult for them to just not be burdened with reparations.

The arsonist lit the exits on fire first.

>What’ll happen to the dude?
hopefully he gets a medal for stopping KyoAni for good.

What would they be buying tho?

Foreign companies cannot buy out Japanese ones.

what i've learned from these threads is that people who "feel bad" also swear a lot and are discernibly more abrasive than the honest, hard-working funposter who puts sincere thought and effort into being based and on-point.

newfriends don't get board culture. they're just boring. they think human life is precious, that this is a tragedy, and blah blah blah.

if you were sincere you'd keep it to yourself instead of trying to read others the riot act for funposting. that's the point of this place. to have fun.

with every post you make taking yourself or someone else seriously, you're just pouring gasoline. don't be the arsonist, user. your waifu is shit too and you know it.

Smart. I'd have just run through the flames though.

Tell that to Satoshi Kon's Dreaming Machine.
But for VEG I do think it's already mostly finished and will premiere on time.

good

Train Italy
Fuck trains

Did this guy seriously murder people over a train song?

Attached: nocomprendoyo.gif (540x304, 1.02M)

Attached: 1430869160199.jpg (651x720, 89K)

HUGE IQ post right here.

Because the building clearly was not up to fire code.

CANNED

also he chained the doors on the exits
nah, main reason was the fact that a bunch of weebs invaded his favorite train station and KyoAni plastered the place with their characters. I'd be pretty mad too.

Are you surprised?

From shakuganexa on one of the thread

Kyoto Animation is the only real anime studio is Japan, the rest are anime sweatshops. It adapted works that are considered risky like a Silent Voice which no animation studio wanted to do.

You know why Anime is worse nowadays? It's because of the very high level of staff turnovers. With the low salary, the hellish work schedule, lack of overtime pay and crunches (which no one seems to be talking about) as well as the abusive nature of most anime studios, why would you want to work in an anime studio when you can take your talents elsewhere like in game studios? KyoAni changed that by treating their staff like humans. They don't hire contractors and actually have sickness and stress policies unlike most studios

I don't like their recent releases but that's my preferences, they are the only good studio to work for in Japan where animators and anyone drawing anime or manga are treated like shit unless you are popular. Those who can draw well will go independent and just live off selling doujins online because they will earn more that in your average anime studio.

If KyoAni dies, it's taking anime with it. The industry is dying. Perhaps Netflix and Amazon will be the saviours of Anime but they will likely form their own animation studios pretty soon rather than outsource their productions.

And Anime should die in its current form. I will not like that but those who producing them should be treated like humans, not toilet paper.

It will rise from the ashes like a phoenix. Every talented young animator will go to KyoAni. They are the best studio to work for.

Well if someone would constantly try to "talk about it" with me and act as if I'm supposed to spend my entire life weeping in my room, I will.

You can't convince doomposters

Running through ~2000°C flames while the crazy fucker is deliberately pouring gas over you doesn't sound like a good idea.

I've actually had a close friend kill himself in highschool and my best friend's little brother kill himself around 4 years after that, so yeah I've both dealt with and observed people who've been through tragedy. In my experience, the people who were closest were usually outright disabled for a while, while second-circle people might act as you did. That said, I'm no expert and everyone has their own experiences and you may well be right that it is more common - BUT dealing with "normal" tragedy like death in the family, handicaps, disease, etc, is still nothing like dealing with everyone around you dying in a blazing inferno. That's not something you can just ignore.

He’s also goddamn deranged based on reports about him.

Could anyone tell me what Geha, BL and B'z mean?

>What? Wouldn't that literally be giving into terrorism? Like, it'd directly be rewarding this guy for his monstrous actions.
This shit happens all the time. See: the hatchet murders of 2009(?) and Higurashi censorship
>select all images with boats
Fucks sake, google.

thank you for the psychoanalysis dr phil

Damn what a cunt.

The same kind of people who order tailors for new suits on the same day they fire 18,000 people.

metro.co.uk/2019/07/13/deutsche-bank-chiefs-had-1500-suit-fittings-on-day-18000-workers-were-made-redundant-10265903/

>that was only recently built in 2015
wow, this shit looked old as fuck
I thought they rented some leftover thing nobody wanted to move into to save money

They are in Tokyo, faggot. There is the Kioto squad btw, maybe call them instead?

Is it true that Togashi was also in the building? I read that on another thread. I fear for his life.

MGS2 was censored because of 9/11.

THAT building was built in 2015?

Jesus christ it looks like a shithouse built in the 80's

Its dead, a lot of their works went up in flames.

Attached: 1563483744933.jpg (1237x696, 432K)

This bullshit lie again. Google it, you will find out in 30 seconds that it's not true.

>Says the guy who hasnt been set on fire.

Allegedly he brought knives and was waiting outside to finish off anyone who made it through the flames

nice effortpost niggerfaggot.

BL is Boys Love
B'z is a hard rock band
Don't know what Geha is

I can't tell what shows these are from

That would be the final twist of the knife, too cruel.

>Korea
lol

>MGS2 was censored because of 9/11.
That was a different situation though too. That was a company trying to be sensitive to foreigners and not piss them off after they'd been attacked by a 3rd party.

That's not the same as if America itself repealed the 1st amendment or something and banned insulting islam in response to 9/11. Can you imagine someone even suggesting that back then? They'd have been beat. There if anything was tons of chest beating about the opposite.

So what do you all think will happen now?

my god, can you just... can you imagine it?
being trapped between all those sweaty cute girls, their supple breasts and thighs rubbing against you as they pant doggedly and continue pushing up against you tighter and tighter and tighter, taking off their clothes in an effort to cool down and douse the flames with sweat-soaked clothing, their nude sweaty cute bodies pressed up against your raging hard cock as the flames add to the excitement of the scene and lust overtakes you in the heat of passion and you start fucking as many of your coworkers as you can in the narrow corridor leading to the roof, you and the women moaning in a chorus of pain and ecstasy as you experience the most thrilling orgasm of your life knowing that it is probably your last living just as well as the gods themselves do for a moment in time, dick pumping in the tightness of your favorite coworker's sweaty cunt, cum--boiling hot cum--streaming down her succulent thighs as you all burn in the sin-cleansing flame...

Attached: kto-949-ald.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

Didn't 2ch have a board whose sole purpose was shitting on Koreans?

Does this completely eliminate the possibility of a 4K remaster of K-ON!?

To think a single person took a whole studio down. I hope he doesn't inspire other crazy assholes to try and do the same shit.

>Vocaloid and touhofags are close to harmless.
I dount it.

thanks user

Did they really pass fire code with a single exit on a building that size?

Kojima may be a westaboo, but does Konami even know that America exists?

There's no bouncing back from this.
They lost a shitton of employees, equipment, data such as storyboards, manuscripts etc.
The name "Kyoto Animation" might survive, but whatever entity that bears the Kyoani name will be a completely different studio altogether.

Japan: "Fire regulations? What's that?"
Arsonist: "...."

thats the nikkei -_-;

ZYOTOZ:JP am private company

based and redpilled

Big three are safe

Didn't Artland have a massive fire back in 2002 before bouncing back by doing Reborn! and Mushishi?

Intellectual property

They still do

The thing about Japanese and tragedy is that it propels them to new heights. Back in the 1950s everyone thought Japan was done, but in 40 years it propelled itself to the second largest economy in the world.

Mark my words, Kyoani is going to rise from this tragedy like a literal phoenix rising from the ashes stronger and bigger than ever. Not to mention how much fucking money they are going to raise through pity and compensation.

Attached: 1556714483876.jpg (850x629, 104K)

kyoani doujin when

It's literally just fucking numbers, you absolute fuckwad.

Don't they have subsidiary companies who could buy it for them as in an expansion?
It seems to me that the only reason Kyoani might really die is because of the stock traders jumping off the ship.

They already have 1million USD in donations (Someone mentioned earlier that since kyoani is an organization for profit they can't accept donations) and that could help with the material damages.
Lets not forget that by law the employees had life insurances as for the building itself.

Attached: sukoo.gif (220x226, 241K)

>BL in the middle middle
Jesus, what crazy shit have the fujo's done?

Attached: 1556046172238.jpg (652x431, 76K)

over a decade after 9/11 and it still takes an hour long TSA exam to get on a plane

This.
People can be replaced, but all the material they worked for years is now gone. There is no hay to recover that.

fuck off with your unfunny jokes from there

No that’s pretty normal. Human crush often happens in building fires, go watch the Station Nightclub video, the vast majority died in the hallway leading up to the front doors, which were open, and they still died when the fire flashed over and incinerated them all. You can see in the video that people are basically paralyzed because of the crush, only feet from the open doors. That staircase probably looked like a scene out of hell, and the smoke was likely worse than in the nightclub fire, because it was a gas fire and it was at the top of the building.

>Moeshit is effectively kill
>Now it'll be about edge and death coming from kyoani.
Dont know if I want it.

It was a visitors day where guests from various other companies were there too try and entice them into investing in having a character really like pizza hut or something, which is why the car swipes were turned off and how the attacked managed to get in and do so much damage. You can't assume that the 70 people there were all Kyoani employees.

This is true actually.
Deaths just inspire Japan to do better.
Going to look forward to the anime uprising following this event

The fucker really wanted them to die and not just burn the place down huh. I hope that absolute piece of shit gets the worst possible punishment Japan can give to someone.

>no expert and everyone has their own experiences and you may well be right that it is more common - BUT dealing with "normal" tragedy like death in the family, handicaps, disease, etc, is still nothing like dealing with everyone around you dying in a blazing inferno. That's not something you can just ignore.
I guess it really depends on the individual and situation, and it's not a matter of "just ignoring", again it's a method of coping. Work can be an outlet, it's doing something positive and being around other people but for a purpose that's independent, and helps keep it from being all consuming. To each their own and I work in tech which is its own culture, but I'd be surprised if there weren't a lot of people who got back into work relatively fast. A week or two sure, but I think you'd be surprised about how serious people can be to their craft.

Also we're talking feelings and stuff here, but there is the pure practical issue of Japan (like America) not actually having that great a social safety net beyond family. Most of us do in fact kind of have to work to pay our mortgages and put food on the table. Yeah a certain degree of compassionate leave, but most of us couldn't just stop working in that industry and simply transfer elsewhere, at least not without an enormous drop in pay. Life uniroincally must move on, even in the face of tragedy. I mean damn, speaking of Japan it's not like the whole country shut down after WW2 and being firebombed repeatedly and nuked.

So how fucked is Comiket next month? Is there going to be some tribute thing that'll eat up a lot of space and time?

Attached: 1560351631893.gif (303x307, 1.24M)

retard here, what do you mean by human crush?

Attached: toshinokyouko.gif (344x426, 714K)

It may not be funny to you, but it's a fact.
With proper fire regulations and actual security this wouldn't have happened, never. It's one of the biggest animation studios for fuck's sake.

Except that Japan came from a mighty asian military empire that was burned to the ground then came back as a mighty economic empire. KyoAni was a basic bitch anime studio that pandered to pedos and faggots into femdom. Literally nothing of value at all from the beginning. They started as trash, now they remain as trash.

Insects don't care about each other. The show must go on.

there were 3 there for a meeting

Most companies keep backups offsite.

Threaten creators usually.

I'm just glad he'll be spending years getting tortured in Japan's prison system.
He'll be begging for the noose in due time.

It passed fire security checks recently.
It's not a particularly big studio, despite their fame.
There's not much to point fingers at here, other than the arsonist.

Also, your joke fucking sucks, redditor.

I can't remember the last time I was actually sad about something like this.

Attached: 1366987370631.jpg (1030x1020, 136K)

This isn't their only building, so I very much doubt "all" their material is gone. If they were smart they also had offsite backups, in which case almost nothing would've been lost, perhaps only the most very recent work which had not been backed up yet. The real loss is in terms of people and their talent, as well as the building itself.

>The GoFundMe is already at nearly $1 million
Is it even connected to KyoAni in any way, or is there any way to verify that money will end up in their pockets and not in some enterprising fuckfaces'?

Yeah, just like Gonzo did after going bankrupt the first time.

Hes in a coma while lying on a comfy bed in hospital. If it were me I would slap him till he wakes up and set him on fire maybe his family too

>With proper fire regulations
He locked off the fire exit doors
>actual security this wouldn't have happened
At best they would have hired some old guy who would have been a glorified doorman in a knockoff police uniform. They aren't going to hire armed guards for an animation studio, that's just not going to happen. This man was also armed with a knife besides the gas can and did go on a stabbing spree for anyone trying to escape by him, imagine what would happen to that old man mall cop?

>retard here, what do you mean by human crush?
Not that user but seriously google it, it's well studied and it's a pretty "fascinating" phenomenon, for real. Like, fucking terrifying and awful too, but also interesting. It has to be taken into account in modern engineering for public venues and safety practices and design by law in most rich countries nowadays. In the scenario humans almost stop acting like individuals and start acting like a fluid, like you literally model it with fluid mechanics. It defies common sense, you think like "oh I could move out" but you can't, the entire force of the entire crowd pushes around and individuals simply can't physically take individual action. It's wild and also deadly.

>being this mad you can't watch your pedo/femdom dragon show anymore
wew

>They aren't going to hire armed guards for an animation studio, that's just not going to happen
If they rebuild I'm sure they are going to put some effort into securing the building. And going above and beyond the regulations for fire safety from now on.

It's when people stampede towards an exit. Crush can refer to either people who fall over and are then trampled to death, but also people that get pressed against walls or doors. One thing about the nightclub fire is that the doors opened inwards, so people literally next to the door could not open it to get out because they were being pushed into it.

FACT: The mastermind behind the planning of this attack is still at large

Attached: yamamoto.jpg (750x422, 39K)

No it's being ran by Sentai, it's going to be a huge headache to figure out what to do with the money for both them and Kyoani.

Attached: explosion.gif (535x301, 1.47M)

>I work in tech
Me too, though not in the US, and while I don't doubt that there would be people that would get back to work quickly, I still think the majority wouldn't if they experienced something this hellish. Maybe I'm just overestimating how fragile people are.
> there is the pure practical issue of Japan (like America) not actually having that great a social safety net beyond family
I guess I just don't know how it is in the US, but I'm from a smaller country where stuff like this would be major news and everyone would be given a lot of support by everyone remotely close to them, including medical/mental help. I'm not saying they'll stop working forever, but even when they get back to it I doubt it will be under the same structure. Though I'm admittedly starting to think I may be wrong about this.

Yea Forums has a board dedicated to shitting on everyone that isn't white so it doesn't even surprise me

That's if, a lot of the directors and business higher ups died. Sure they can come back but it's going to be extremely hard and they'll probably fail. I don't know, a lot is up in the air right now.

kek

This is studio 1, not the studio where they were doing the bulk of their work and not where their library is

Based.

Attached: 4454356.png (832x968, 420K)

If they make another work again, I'm sure it'll be kino

Korean Economics is over a decade older than /pol/

People say better to buy shit from KyoAni shop instead of sentai donations

>Is it even connected to KyoAni in any way, or is there any way to verify that money will end up in their pockets and not in some enterprising fuckfaces'?
I wondered that myself. Sentai Filmworks is definitely a real connected thing, it's a long standing (2008 founded) American licensor, successor of AD Vision if I remember. But I don't know how to verify it's them. GoFundMe though is also legit and do say they do verification, everything is electronic and thus tracked, and this is such a major tragedy getting international attention and is already enough money (and is focused on by a lot of Yea Forumsutists) that I assume if it was shady it'd come out real quick.

>If they were smart they also had offsite backups,
Imagine expecting this from a Japanese, non tech-related company.

You mean, ash.

ban assault trains

You can't even capitalise words properly and you're offering an opinion under the delusion it has value.

They could use it to deduct taxes too i think?

Yes user, I'm certain a company which literally owns multiple buildings stored absolutely everything in this one single building which was burned down, while the other place most certainly did not contain any of the company's shows or in-progress work. Definitely.

This is a black swan event.

>people can be replaced when they literally die
>materials cannot despite being made out of consumables

Attached: 1561482771381.jpg (777x720, 109K)

Not as mad as him tho.

I hope in a few years, that this meme will ring true

Attached: 1351747314454.jpg (359x296, 29K)

They’re probably gonna hire armed guards after this shitshow.

kek, honestly not surprising that the fate of garbage is to be burned.

>Armed guards in Japan

Maybe armed with a baton or stick.

Upvoted

lets not put sprinklers in a building with millions of dollars worth of valuable art that can easily catch fire. brilliant

>I guess I just don't know how it is in the US, but I'm from a smaller country where stuff like this would be major news and everyone would be given a lot of support by everyone remotely close to them, including medical/mental help.
Yeah, that's not how it works here except by private means. Ie., a big rich megacorp that cares about its image (and even more practically about its valuable staff that they want working again ASAP) would definitely hire counselors and shit, and often have a nice medical coverage.

But it's not government. Yeah just as you see with the private fund raising there'd be public support if it was a major enough, but that'd still be up to private individuals or maybe non-profits in some cases. Some business KyoAni's size and profitability? There is only so much they can do, and public attention moves on fairly fast in a lot of cases. In America people were going back to work after 9/11 for example within days. Not everyone, but a lot. And a lot of corporate structure of companies effected didn't change at all.
>"Work through the pain, tough it out, stiff upper lip"
is sentiment that is definitely widespread in a lot of places in America, Japan, and England (which in turn is where America got it from, and I guess to the extent America has a hand in how Japan is nowadays Japan is tied to that too).

It's definitely different though in other places, for better or worse. Working 80-100 hour weeks would flat out be banned in a lot of Europe.

This was their main animation building. The default of a lazy company, which most are, is that people store their own work on their own computer. Most animation production staff worked there, so most animation material originates from there, and by default most of it stays there. It would take conscious effort to back it up offsite, even one building over, and the reality is that this is something that many companies simply do not do. And the Japanese not known for being up to date with, well, common sense in big business.

Watch more K-On to take your mind off the sad realities of life.

>The animator that spent all her time drawing your background waifus is likely dead
;_;

Attached: background waifus.jpg (3961x3160, 1.98M)

>go to reddit to check any news
>people there actually defending the arson saying he deserves a fair judgement

Attached: 43225235.jpg (374x374, 41K)

>gofundme /guarantee-refund-policy
>Every day, thousands of people get the help they need from generous donors. Our team of specialists work night and day to make sure that funds get to the intended recipient, every time.
>
>If funds aren’t delivered to the right person, we will donate the missing amount.
dunno if that's always gonna be true for every small random thing, but for some front page international news thing like this? yeah no way somebody didn't check that one out.

From what I can tell the fire raged so hard, so quickly that it killed the sprinkler system so it couldn't turn on.

I don't know about the fire but I do know Artland is dead.

Same as always besides requiring wristbands and taking place over 4 days instead of 3 due to olympics renovations in east hall.
Not sure what you mean by tribute thing. At most some artists might do doujins about Kyoani works since they'll get more attention now.

Attached: 1542455008358.png (1277x712, 1.11M)

And will they do it without sacrificing their principles? KyoAni was known for paying decent salaries and hiring animators full-time, as opposed to outsourcing to overworked wageslaves.

Society has no meaning. Everything is unironic or ironic.

We all deserve to burn.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=bwpK5QJu6K4

Attached: 1561487244995.jpg (428x505, 29K)

>leddit is a fucking shithole
>this is a surprise
for real user? like sure Yea Forums ain't all roses but there is a reason a lot of us here not somewhere else

>mentally ill people defending a mentally person

Nothing is surprising. At least in this shithole people blow up a chinese factory at most.

Oil and water do not mix, if anything, it would make the fire worse.

There won't be "more K-On"

No this was their admin building, studio 1, not where they did the bulk of their work in Uji

Post screencaps

Anyone who isn't a retarded incel weeb like you

He does deserve fair judgement, and that's probably the rope.

Someone from Yea Forums literally just beheaded another person on Yea Forums and posted her corpse everywhere just 3 days ago user.

OH SHIT KYOANI STOCK HAS DROPPED 1.5% WHAT A DISASTER

Why wouldn't he be armed?

>japan has no fire regulations
>can easily light the entirety of comiket on fire and kill millions

>Personally identifying with a public service station
Japan has Boomers?

Must have shitposted way too hard. What board did it happin in?

too much money and an anime studio isn't on the top list of places to need an armed guard unlike lets say a government building or bank. It's not like they could have guessed this.

I've been to big sight and the fire wouldn't spread at all. There's also space to run away in every direction despite there being hundreds of thousands of people.
The only threat to comiket would be a bombing since there's no guns in Japan.

Saw the same thing here, people were even shocked and offended that Japan has the death penalty.

>Japan has Boomers?
too many of them

But wouldn't it make sense for the guard to be armed with something like a baton at least?

When are they going to update the info? It's been almost 12 hours now.

TIME TO BUY

/r9k/. You can still find her corpse posted on there and Yea Forums. Relevant name: Bianca Devins

>The only threat to comiket would be a bombing since there's no guns in Japan.
What if there were guns in Japan? Wouldn't that make things worse?

imagine feeling sorry for a fucking bastard like this, jesus christ, no wonder the west is fucked

This guy had a knife and a gas can, they'd most likely hire some old guy like most people in Japan do outside of again Banks and Government Buildings and other high profile buildings. Though they're from private security firms that are too expensive for something like an animation studio. So no it wouldn't have helped at all. Even if they fix everything now security wise, it's too late. This shit has already been done. It's like putting half way decent airport security AFTER 9/11 and acting like that's something of value despite the fact that those terror groups already changed tactics. Security Theater is a poison desu

Unfortunate events. They unintentionally triggered a mentally ill fuck.

>What if there were guns in Japan? Wouldn't that make things worse?
How? I doubt that it would have prevented this but how?

I like how user thinks people who work in a job making anime will hop back to it after a traumatic event like how soldiers and police do

the studio is finished you guys, they're not coming back

Yes

Death penalty is indeed bad because after a while the people just execute anyone committing a slightly worse crime than robbery and there are cases where innocent people get executed despite the lack of proof. But for cases like this It absolutely must be done.

There's apparently over 15,000 tweets of "shut up Yamakan" at the moment because he couldn't even not be a dick about this of all things

was the train otaku thing just a meme?

was it the trainfag afterall?

Shaftfags really did a number on us Kinoanibros...

Well, it has been night time over there. They were probably, well, ya know, sleeping.

Its not even that. Its your stupid fucking abortion of a joke. Fuck off niggerfaggot nobody loves you

>One train gigaautist single handedly killed moeshit due to a misunderstanding
kek. You can't fucking make this shit up. Shame about the people killed though.

>Death penalty is indeed bad

Attached: 1522466944250.jpg (396x382, 41K)

Yes

obsession with trains is a stereotype of people with Aspergers too

Come on dude, are you fine with people getting executed despite being innocent? If death penalty was actually done properly and saved for the worst cases then I'd be all for it.

>Death penalty is indeed bad
Fuck off. It makes me sick that pedophiles and murderers live off my tax dollars and get let out to reoffend.

>How? I doubt that it would have prevented this but how?
Not that user but what do you mean "how"? A guy like this could just shoot the place up. It's not like there is any debate, more guns = more gun deaths and violence, that's what guns are for, tools to kill more effectively. I'm not making a moral judgement here, I'm American and live in a rural state and I have a number of guns. One is for fun, others are pure practicality, there is nothing nearby and there are rabid animals and such from time to time that need to be dealt with and killed from a distance. It's a tradeoff and in some ways part of the problem is that guns act the same in every place. But that there is a tradeoff isn't a matter of debate, even if someone thinks the tradeoff is worth it.

I think its mostly anons trying to find hope

Renault tried to hostile take over Mistubushi and Nissan.

Now Renault's former CEO is in prison.

Renault's majority stake holder is the French government.

Foreign companies can not buy Japanese companies or you get imprisoned

Realistically speaking, a loss of staff that large would sink any company without a restructuring plan in place. However, this is an artisan industry and they have likely lost some huge talent. There is no fucking way they are coming back after this, those people are mostly irreplaceable. Best case, you have a smaller studio to keep it going but they won't be putting out anywhere near the quality or amount of work that they did before this. Maybe some feel-good moments of other studios providing support in the meantime, but it'll be mostly impossible to come back from something this big.

Yeah but considering we know he did it, he said he did it, and we have all the proof, no harm in killing him.

Is there problem? Killing 33 people is enough to get "fair judgement".

it will rise from the ashes like a pheonix

Its only bad in that its imperfect and innocent people end up wrongfully killed from time to time, which is just a total fucking mockery of the justice its supposed to represent.

33 people died in a three story building, from a fire that started on the first floor, when there is window access inside almost every room in the building.

everyones talking about japans poor fire safety regulations and im sitting here wondering why not a single person attempted to use the window.

You know, you watch those psycho animes where people flip shit over stupid things and go on a killing spree and think "hey, they a bit overreact, no way people in reality do that" but then suddenly you see that it's not unusual in Japan.
What is wrong with japanese people? Are they getting stressed beyond relief even in early ages to the point they would kill people just becuse they did wrong sound at the wrong time?

If they didn't skimp on building insurance, they'll be fine.
As far as human assets, a new generation of talent graduated recently.

Attached: aflac300.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Yes, that's why I said
>But for cases like this It absolutely must be done.
Death penalty is a great thing but only when you have absolute proof.

>- KyoAni stocks are in free fall.
i cant find any info on that

>one guy with a gas can takes down a multibillion yen company
the absolute state of nippon

Attached: kyoto-animation-18-7-2019.gif (500x281, 2.57M)

There's this eyewitness account going around about watching someone banging the window for help while burning into a shadow imprint on the window

>muh innocent
Stop being retarded, people should get executed for serious crimes like murder or arson for example, shit that is easily proved, with factual evidence, not hearsay. Death penalty is a tool to remove those unfit to live among us, that's all.

I have nothing wrong with horrible people who actually committed the crime getting the rope. They're a problem and society is correcting the problem. The problem is sometimes we get the wrong guy, and do you want the state being allowed to just execute innocent people that genuinely didn't do anything wrong? The death penalty has to be reserved for cases of absolute certainly like this one.

You have no idea.

Like other user said is a totally reasonable stance. I'd be for the death penalty more if it was for cases like this one, if we had a "Zero Conceivable Doubt" standard or something rather then regular "beyond reasonable doubt". Like, it's actually done on film from multiple cameras and people in broad daylight and the tools are all there and everything. Fine, not merely should there be the death penalty for that but it should be able to go quick.

But in America at least objectively we've executed a lot of innocent people, and had a lot on death row that DNA proved innocent. We've had a lot of prosecutor abuse and shitty belief in witnesses. If we can't reform the standard then I think it's bad. I don't object to executing the heinous and guilty, but I do object to executing innocent people alongside them. At least with prison they might prove their innocent and get out to have some life eventually.

>one guy with a crude rifle takes out a president
the absolute state of burgerfats

I absolutely agree with you, my point was that when death penalty becomes common enough people go around executing anyone for petty crimes or for cases where absolute proof doesn't exist.

Maybe in third world countries. In the US it usually is comitting many murders to get the chair and even getting sentenced, they are allowed unlimited appeals for the death sentence. Interestingly, it cost more to house an inmate on death row than someone serving life in prison because those on death row keep trying to get an appeal and involve a lot or lawyers, judges, and resources to comply with their rights.

Cant fucking believe I just spent 15 mins looking it up on my bed at 5am. Jesus fucking christ. That thot deserved it tho.

If he shot the place up, there would have probably been fewer deaths since guns usually aren't the best weapons to use if you want to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. Not like it matters, he could have made a bomb out of farming supplies like Timothy McVeigh did and kill everyone in that studio and blown up the studio sky high. Though I will say that most gun murders here in the US are done by blacks and hispanics and without them then our rate would be similar to that of europe but that's a different conversation to have on something like /pol/ or /k/ since that'd derail this thread outright.

This. Gotta be 99% sure.

>The death penalty has to be reserved for cases of absolute certainly like this one.
Yeah and at least in America we don't have any legal standard for "absolute certainty". So we've ended up applying the death penalty for cases of "oh yeah some guy who was wandering by late at night and definitely not drunk totally said he did it".

I wouldn't even donate at this point, the CEOs and investors at the top will just be scrambling to cut their losses while the survivors have to rebuild their lives

No because those were stored in either studios 2 or 3

They're done
They've created some of my favorite anime. Clannad is still my favorite anime ever. Really fucked that this is how they go out

Attached: drink.jpg (400x400, 28K)

You get hanged, but not the neck breaking hanging.

to be fair, that's their job
someone has to come back and say "we're gonna keep going" because that's what everyone wants to hear, and someone else has to make sure that's a factual statement

As a seiyuufag, I feel insulted.

>Why isn't this...
it's literally in in the front page of many news outlets worldwide

this is a good point. Part of what made KyoAni special was the fact that it was a company with a particular vision, and not merely just a sweatshop pumping out LN garbage.

Geha is consoles.

They were a fine workshop pumping out LN garbage

Well if you were going to use the windows it would have to be on the second or third floor and at that point you're either seriously risking injuring yourself terribly or are going to die from the fall. From my understanding, a huge explosion occurred on the first floor. That's where most of the fire started and it quickly started to rise. I think a lot of this happened within a matter of minutes. A lot of people on the second and third floor couldn't escape at all due to the blockage the fire was causing. By the time they made their way to the stairs, nothing but black smoke and other carbon monoxide probably filled the stairwell. Panicking, trying to help the injured and not having any oxygen caused many to faint probably, eventually leading to death. I'm hearing that for whatever reason the exit leading to the outside.on the roof was a pull instead of a push possibly?

>Kyoto Animation is the only real anime studio is Japan, the rest are anime sweatshops. It adapted works that are considered risky like a Silent Voice which no animation studio wanted to do.
>You know why Anime is worse nowadays? It's because of the very high level of staff turnovers. With the low salary, the hellish work schedule, lack of overtime pay and crunches (which no one seems to be talking about) as well as the abusive nature of most anime studios, why would you want to work in an anime studio when you can take your talents elsewhere like in game studios? KyoAni changed that by treating their staff like humans. They don't hire contractors and actually have sickness and stress policies unlike most studios
Well, I hope they come through then even more now.

>Geha is consoles.
>console warrin fags are both crazy and dangerous
guess that's actually pretty reasonable

Yeah, it does feel weird. And it wasn't even a crazy fan. What are the odds of this happening rather than an attack in some random toilet seat company/school/whatever?

I think many companies should take note from their practices, especially after this.

Well to be fair, the whole company is at stake. Meaning maybe hundreds of people will lose their jobs soon.

Perhaps if the GoFundMe supported the remaining staff's wages while they sort their stuff out (they have to redo whatever admin they lost and the CEO and buds will be in legal trouble about the fire safety) then they could restart at a downscale level in about a year or two.
I think what will most likely happen is that the remaining staff will form their own, new studio that carries the spirit of KyoAni, but wouldn't quite be KyoAni, so that people don't hold expectations for them.

why? they sure as heck dont want to burnitated as well.

The problem is they've lost a bunch of their lead creatives. The building and contents, even the media, can be recovered from; but without their talent, they're dead in the water.

He wasn't a crazy fan (of anime) but he was mad about the stuff they produced. It's not like it was no more likely than a hardware store or whatever

Its too early to be thinking about the future.

No what mean is treating their animators fairly

it will touch for a while.

>33 dead
already proven to be false. there's been a lot of misinformation.

Sentai is gonna pocket it

Is anyone besides Takemoto even confirmed missing?

Didn't even need to be that. If they'd just left the key card system on and just had someone let the visitors in that day, a lot of them might still be alive.

Amuse me and point out where the company is mentioned on this chart.

well then that person is a fucking retard and he should have opened the damn window and hopped out, even if its his burning corpse that hits the ground. the windows aren't barred and caged, and its summer. they should be fucking open anyways.

Thing about Reddit is they always try and virtue signal, trying to find the ever elusive high-horse to give them karma. I doubt alot of them believe what they actually type. There's more shit here but at least people are honest: he should hang.

Dunno, could see it going multiple ways. Fact is that the majority are still alive as are the majority of their buildings (2/3). They will have some financial cushion with the outpouring of support. They had some stuff near completion (or possibly essentially done and just gearing up for marketing/disc printing), and may well get a ton of extra support sales from whatever they release next. I think they really could bounce back.

Only because Aum Shinrikyo fumbled through their plans like the fucking three stooges.

>japan doesn't have enough crime
>other countries 'create' a massacre
>see japan? I told you to listen to us!
Right before elections too

Source?

Studios definitely gonna close, between trauma and lawsuits regarding safety violations
And such, the age of shit isekai and shounen shit begins

fuck

You faggots really underestimate the smokes, it was fucking fast too

Attached: 1563481712026.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

There were materials on the windows that were alight. And the smoke was barely ventilated so it killed in less then a minute- my one consolation is that most of the victims didn't suffer.

>Kyoani dies in your lifetime.

Attached: 1555343158196.gif (390x520, 1.61M)

Unfortunately, any number of the various GoFundMe's that may have propped up vould be scams by black-hearted demons trying to profit off of tragedy.

That being said, KyoAni differentiated itself from other studios by paying workers well and hiring animators full-time, rather than outsourcing. It seems unlikely they would split to form a new studio.

The real question is how long it will take to rebuild both the workplace and the talent pool that was lost, and whether KyoAni can pay to keep the lights until then.

The fund is going to only help with stuff like funeral costs, medical bills for victims and maybe some payouts to families. And a million won't stretch even that far for things like that.

Literally every fucking sauce, even ones made in the last 10 minutes have 33 Dead. 12 men, 20 women and 1 unknown. If you've got a smaller list of the deceased than please post it.

KyoAni second phase begins.

They also provided things like daycare because they hired a lot of moms.

Do Japanese companies not have security guards or something? How do you not notice a guy carrying 2 cans of petrol?

nips don't even lock their doors

They do not- and he stabbed anyone who tried to stop him. And the police were slow.

idk it's not like america where they assume someones gonna shoot them up every day

THANK YOU user! So many people here think this building was the only one for the entire company. Animators, cels, master prints and much more are at the larger and more protected second and third buildings, it will take some time but with so much support going on, I'm certain they'll come back in a way. I hate it when doomposters jump to conclusions so fast.

Private security companies tend to be expensive.

You just need an internet connection and upload your shit to dropbox or something like that, faggot.

>They're done

massive international support + donations
enough staff to kickstart a small project especially one dealing will loss or something years down trhe line
new project will make international news
kyonai is now the charlie hebdo of animation studios i would be surprised if there gone for good

Japan has historically been a safer country than Burger Land. Mass killings are rare.

It was discord, not Yea Forums.

>How do you not notice a guy carrying 2 cans of petrol?
Japan is too peaceful for its own good.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_inattention

>And the police were slow.
Which is puzzling because Japan has a good track record for first responders.

Yea Forums will get blamed for it anyways since it was posted here too.

You do realize that the only digital work they do is compositing right?
The only studio that does all digital shit is OLM and it's not often that they do that.

>Wouldn't that literally be giving into terrorism?
Governments don't like to advertize it but they give into terrorism all the time

lmao not even close
check what happened in beslan in 2004

> they might develop serious PTSD

Is this actually something that happens to people who are not spoiled American snowflakes though?

Now it’s time to buy buy buy
Wait for the studio to recover and then sell
/biz/ here

>Footballfags
>Harmless
How to know your country never won a world cup

What do you think shell shock in WW1 was?

>Currently all their proyects might be considerer in hiatus or directly canceled
What were they working on?

Look at that thicc smokes, how long would you actually last in that?

>worst catastrophe since 9/11
Yeah maybe in Japan, where 9/11, y'know, didn't fucking happen.
KyoAni going under isn't going to have the same impact on the world economy like 9/11 had.
Also, it is front page news. CNN, BBC, and ABC News have posted articles about it and have had spots on TV for the news.

rape exists everywhere, user

Japan isn't crazy about soccer like a lot of the world is.

Nah man, theres an difference between an normal fire and an arson with cesorin

>schizophrenic tripfag rants about Kyoani before the attack
>HURR IT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

face it retards, reality is fucking bizarre and a trainfag just killed 33 people in an autistic rage

Haruhi S3

stop drop and roll bro

Attached: wat.png (562x339, 37K)

>Or there is a way for Kyoani to bounce back in a couple of years or more? In that case, will be the same "Kyoto Animation", or maybe a new studio with a brand new name?

Basically this.
The KyoAni as you know it is dead. They'll take a year to recover, rebuild, and start over with a new company with the same name.
But like you said, out of fear of PTSD, depression, etc., just about everyone involved w/ the old KyoAni will most likely exit the business.
So we'll just remember "old" KyoAni as it used to be, and focus on seeing what the "new" KyoAni will look like.

>and at that point you're either seriously risking injuring yourself terribly or are going to die from the fall
you're a retard, 33 people fucking burned to death.
a second story fall wont even break any bones, and third story is still a lot better odds of survival than what they chose.

So far only Instagram has been blamed

>unafraid of death
Considering he ran like a bitch after only setting the first floor, I'd say he was afraid

new kyoani will have new talent that means more trannies on board

>Japan has historically
Nothing historical about it, it's a damn safe country. Shocking rare events like this are shocking precisely because they're super rare. Yeah, 30+ people dead at once in a First World country is newsworthy (or at least it should be, if it's not because it's too common that'd be it's own problem). But Japan has a population of over 126 million people, and a murder rate of 0.20 per 100,000, which is one of the lowest on the entire planet. All the other countries that are even CLOSE are TINY. Seriously
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
and sort by "rate". Then keep in mind total pop. Japan is safe. It'd be dumb to spend money on guards everywhere for one-offs like this vs all the other ways to help people with money.

Come on, now. It's a real thing despite Americans self diagnosing themselves into lunacy.

>instagramchad slicing up Yea Forums stacies
it's not fair bros

The NYT is running separate articles for both the incident itself and an explanation of KyoAni and their impact on the industry.

Shit, this is awful. This is just terrible.

We should change the narrative, and claim that the 33 dead people all committed suicide. That way, there won't be any ugly bump in the perfect history of Japan's crime statistics.

This sort of thing messes up your head even if you tell yourself it hasn't, it flips your perspective on life itself, one may not be able to see life the same way again, for better or worse but probably the latter. It's fucking trauma. It's not just because some people live in a society that tells them they are supposed to feel traumatized over things and that it's ok to be a pussy. It's the human brain. Our minds are just too small to deal with the realities of the universe.

They are blessed to be bad at most team sports. Team sports fags in large numbers are the plague.

KyoAnus is dead
The madman literally killed moe

In 1970, virtually the entire Marshsall University football team was killed in s plane crash. They were almost completely wiped out, and they still played football the next year.

Stop saying that KyoAni will fold because of this. They're going to be fine. Plus the fact that this is Japan we're talking about: The same country that had a humming industrial economy only a few years after being vaporized in WWII

You forget the part where the CEO will be publically hanged because he literally disabled his own security.

>guns usually aren't the best weapons to use if you want to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time.
compared to... what? an rpg?
> he could have made a bomb out of farming supplies like Timothy
>implying
> I will say that most gun murders here in the US are done by a m e r i c an s and without them then our rate would be similar to that of implying
gb2pol

Attached: HighIQ.jpg (224x224, 6K)

>killed moe
At least I am glad that Doga Kobo is safe

handegg chimps are easily replaceable

Sorry, but that's a stupid comparison. It's not like the university was destroyed, just the team was killed.
The team is easily replaced, big universities have 30,000 students or more.
It's different with KyoAni. One of their major studios was destroyed, and pretty much half their employees were either injured or killed.

She was only 17, may have been a grade A thot online but didn't deserve that. Both sides are just absolutely scary examples of what this place (particularly cancer like /r9k/ and Yea Forums) does to a young human mind. It''s not far removed from this trainfag blowing up an anime studio, it's all the worst kind of obsessive born from people surrounding themselves with other autists that feel the same way about dumb shit.

What's with Kyoani's association with moeshit, they haven't made a moeshit title in ages. Are some people stuck in 2009?

>The same country that had a humming industrial economy only a few years after being vaporized in WWII
This was mostly from American investments to fuck over the Soviets though.

So hanshin tigers and urawa reds fans are like the ultras of Japanese baseball and soccer?

Sorry I had to go there.

Attached: trump_kyoani.jpg (626x309, 73K)

should've shopped the date desu

I heard earlier today that KyoAni specifically lowered their security that morning because journalists were coming from NHK were coming to do interviews. That's why NHK were on the scene so fast, because they were already on their way before the arsonist entered the building.
The arsonist entered the building on the exact day, in the timeframe where the security was lowered to let journalists in.

Attached: 596.jpg (1280x720, 434K)

Well yeah it's not like he was planning on killing himself, why stay in a burning building then?

Somebody took some random post in the sticky at face value and it got repeated by OP
Or just google ZYOTOZ:JP like said.

Moeshit living in the minds of Yea Forumseddit and shonenshitters rent free.

It is Yea Forums and discord.

And it damn well worked. We also rebuilt Europe too.

It's over

It's most shitposting and memes but I'm sure there's at least a few in here that actually believe they 'created' moeshit. Keep in mind how underaged this board is on average.

le funny toupee man

>out of Kyoani's ashes will spawn the greatest anime studio to ever exist.

>yfw this happens.

F
What a loss of talent

Attached: IMG_20190718_183752.jpg (552x830, 60K)

Please go back.

>At least I am glad that Doga Kobo is safe
For how long?

Attached: 1560272222369.png (868x720, 454K)

>concecuences
>proyects
Spotted the meshitcANO.

Confirmed by whom?

Why didn't a single person tackle the 41 year old manlet jap probably some malnourished otaku?

Any info on the attacker and his motives? Why attack KyoAni like this? They were supposed to be one of the humane studios.

Attached: 1562529894133.jpg (653x653, 79K)

Any pictures of how the studio looked like from the inside?

>I should go back to /pol/ for pointing out the many different ways you could lots of people without a gun and pointing out that non-whites commit most crimes in the US
wew lad. Despite making only 13% of the population, Blacks commit over 50% of the crime in the US and majority of the rapes and murders. Don't like it? too bad, that's reality. I live in one of the Blackest areas of the US, yeah give me a fucking break.

Source, you damn mongoloid!
I need an official source!

/int/ would find it funny...

Kill yourself

Takemoto isn't dead dumbass it was a mistranslated article

Ishihara and Ishidate are both alive and safe, though. Too lazy to find the twitter links so just believe me aniki.

Ishihara and Ishidate are supposedly alive, and some people have been saying Takemoto is in the ICU, but the rest are almost certainly RIP unless no one cares enough to confirm they were found.

>What a loss of talent
what talent?

Attached: 1555519657365.png (1280x720, 448K)

KyoAni is finished.

cringe and bluepilled

this is the nikkei index you bastard

Attached: 1563473814839.gif (335x360, 2.03M)

The rate of which country in Europe exactly? The gun murder rates and laws aren't even comparable from one country to another. What do you think you're talking about?

>One person brings down an entire studio
How many copycats is this going to inspire?

They tackled the bastard after he ran into the street like a bitch. I hope he rots in the depths of hell.

I hope his name is stricken from the headlines so no one thinks of copying him as a one-way ticket to fame.

>loss of key frames, manuscripts, PCs and historical records of previous works
c- chikuso... 4k remasters never happening.

Attached: 1550207321984.gif (500x377, 815K)

This desu.

Less surprised, more baffled. He did this because of a public space changing, train deals, and a phrase. These are things he has no real claim over. A public space, and public transportation. The phrase was something simple that a google search would have proved. Imagine going about your day at work and having a random guy murder, and scar you and your fellow employees not for the work you did, but an abbreviation used in a show and an advertising campaign.

Attached: 1559492821827.jpg (230x231, 22K)

This is his cell.

Attached: 2036490.jpg (616x854, 580K)

>chikuso
what?

He's all over the news, copy cats will spawn and otakus will be blamed.

the dawn of a new era

I hope that it will inspire other studios to at least hire some guards

KyoAni actually hired animators full-time and gave them decent pay. They made an effort to grow and develop talent rather than outsource to the lowest bidder like the rest of the industry.

Attacker was a hikikomori?

>The guy was batshit and posted this on 2ch beforehand image on 2ch telling people not to come to kyoto animation. Also he detests the moeshit even though he says hibike euphonium ruined his life.
>A lot of mindless rambling on inner thoughts mostly that don't make sense. He's trying to be pretentious and poetic. He lists a bunch of kyoto animation offices. He gives the order in which he's going to carry out the attack(listing stations on the way etc, from kanto). He talks about kyoani beinged sucked up in moe, and that the baritone sax from hibiki ruined his life and can't be forgiven.

He was unironically part of the anti-KyoAnus force

Good. Also does that mean we'll never know why he did it?

Honestly the studio is loved enough for them to get a fundraising campaign and recover their monetary loss, talent might take a while, but animators have come and gone from the studio all the time, so all in all, if they are willing they will recover, but it might take a while from them to put anything out.

Now the animators have even less pay.

Attached: oold5ygcwlcy.jpg (540x378, 34K)

A verbal expression of one's frustration equivalent to "shit!" often subbed as "damn it all!" or "dammit!" because innocent and pure fansubbers can't handle swearwords.

Guess it's worth remembering amongst all the people funposting and pretending there are probably a few legit mentals who cannot separate internet from reality. I don't think there is anything much to be done about it, but there it is.

Natural sunlight comes in through a big window, making it look nicer than it really is.
Take the same picture when the sun is gone, or make the window much smaller, and it will look terrible and depressing.

These are, of course, simple design tricks and Americans know this, so they intentionally make their prison cells with either no windows or very small windows, to torture the inmates

Some shitty amateur LN writer that was pissed because Kyoni stole his work or something

Abe will probably put him and his entire line into the Burakumin tree for killing all these fertile women.

In Japan a decent amount of elderly men get hired as guards for basic things like standing out in front of a building.
While this is better than America's system of having elderly work as store baggers or walmart greeters, they sure as hell can't actually do anything. Their idea of security is the idea of Japanese simply complying.

Kyoani had it coming.

except all the talent lost isn't exactly going to rise from the grave too retard

nothing personal, just business

>reposting crap without source
That's not KyoAni's stats you baka.

I don't think the necromancers at Geico are going to be able to square this one son

It wasn't just a case of replacing players. Coaches, trainers, recruiters, boosters, were all on that plane. Everyone who was involved with the football team, save for about 4 people who did not travel, was killed. Everyone. Nothing was left.

This is a far less catastrophic circumstance and in a culture that emphasizes resilience.

They haven't made anything anyone cares about since then either so it makes sense

>he was mad
A more accurate statement.

What the fuck?
How did a baritone sax from some Chinese cartoon ruin his life

So what worlds do you think the victims got isekaied to Yea Forums?

Attached: 1560830658846.png (469x506, 240K)

Japan likely has a higher murder rate than most of the west, they fudge their numbers by counting possible murders as suicides unless they have a suspect in custody.

>likely has a higher murder rate than most of the west

Attached: 1437807781219.jpg (1000x562, 134K)

He is guilty as fuck.

>i-it doesn't count!
lol

There is no afterlife and only one world so please do not shitpost about people dying IRL

>I'll try to summarize: Train-obsessed photographer on 2ch's train board makes up the word "barisaku" for a specific way to get the lighting just right when photographing trains, and keeps spamming that phrase on 2ch so much he ends up getting nicknamed Barisaku-kun
>Then KyoAni makes an anime about people who play in an orchestra ("Sound! Eufonium") where they use the word "barisaku" as a short for "bariton sakusofon" (bariton saxophone), and he thinks they stole his word that he was so proud of.
>What really broke the camel's back was when KyoAni collaborated with the Kyoto public transportation authorities to decorate a train with anime characters from Sound! Eufonium.

Poor guy just wanted to photograph trains in peace when KyoAnus had to ruin it with moeshit

College sports already have pretty damn high turn overrates so replacing everybody isn't as big of a deal as it might sound. What made KyoAni KyoAni was how good they were at retaining their talent and the work culture all the senior people they had fostered, it's irreplaceable. Even if KyoAni as a studio makes a come back they won't really be KyoAni anymore.

Uh no?

I hope a peaceful world where all inhabitants are cute and gentle lolis.

Attached: 1515276626088.gif (500x281, 399K)

Renamed as Suzaku Studio. On a serious note, I am devastated by this and can only hope that those who are left are even capable of maintaining sanity. I myself lost two colleagues to different accidents within short intervals, and even though they weren't very close to me personally, it did take a lot for us to push their unfulfilled destinies behind us.

japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/02/03/national/media-national/japans-suicide-statistics-dont-tell-the-real-story/#.XTD4RfJKgz0

Fuck off. They even admit so much when talking to reporters.

Everyone deserves a fair trial. And this guy is definitely getting the death penalty.

Seems fair to me.

I want an official apology from KyoAni staff. They just had to keep pushing the boundaries.

He said something akin to "copycats" when initially arrested so people are focused on that

The favorite anime that they made.

>and he thinks they stole his word that he was so proud of
Is that why he was yelling about plagiarism? I'm actually pissed off that this faggot did this for such a stupid fucking reason

>falling for meme media
lol

>KyoAnus had to ruin it with moeshit
Fuck off. This shit is not their fault.

Just imagine if KyoAni actually DID this on purpose. Of course they will never admit it.

>I Was Burned To Death And Now I'm In Another World Surrounded By Lolis!?

lol
Christ, the mental gymnastics for such a stupid reason. I swear trains are the most common autist obsession

Japanese police are corrupt as hell.
They would much rather close a case while trying to save face than actually solve crimes.

Fuck motives, it's just another way to focus on the culprit and not the victims.

I could even be so cynical as to say it makes heinous acts seem justified.

This isn't a normal everyday occurance in Japan, this is the second biggest massacure in Japan since WW2

this is the end of moeshit, mark my words

Nope. Major outlets like CNN, CBC, Fox, MSNBC and more never reported on it.

trigger will rise

>I Was Burned To Death And Now I'm In Another World Surrounded By Trains And I Have To Defeat The Demon Lord Barisaku

But they did.

>and nothing else happens since i have no dick

uhh, can anyone elaborate on why fishing otaku are potentially harmful?

One can only hope.

>Poor guy
He fucking burned their studio down. He literally burned people alive.
No. Fuck him. Fuck everything about him. Do not pity him. He is sub-human if he's so retarded he thinks the only way to solve such a fucking stupid problem like this is to commit arson

Shut your bitch mouth. KyoAni actually paid its animators, and it damn well showed.

Their moe was honest and genuine. I could get the impression that it was worked on by people who could give it their all, and focus on the quality of the work rather than if they would earn enough to eat dinner that night.

HOLD.

Based megaautist bringing down the fire on thieving moeshitters.

It unironically is because the CEO disabled the security in the building on that day. He killed his own company (quite literally).
Actually he should be in prison for this.

>TV Network News
ISHYGDDT[spoiler/]
I'm sure they would mention it eventually if you sat through enough viagra ads and plugs for prime time opinion shit.

So, can anyone tell me what Kyonani was working on?

The door was open, they just didn't get to it. Smoke rises, they suffocated on it and the other toxic fumes as they tried to escape.

>"I Burned Alive While Drawing a Loli And I Was Reincarnated As That Loli In A Fantasy Loli Utopia!"
Then the reincarnated person would've the strongest fire magic and absolute resistance to fire.

it costs more than keeping them alive

Attached: 1563240833154.png (789x960, 575K)

Think about people who take fishing as more than just a hobby. Plus you know, blast fishing, which is where you use dynamite in the water because the underwater shockwave from the explosion paralyzes fish and makes them float to the surface.

The door was closed but unlocked. This is according to the Kyoto City Fire Department, reported by the NYT.

It's not like he knew some dumbass was going to come down to his company and fucking light the place up.
This shit is so incredibly rare in Japan.

>watching fox news
>the ticker briefly mentioned it.

That might unironically be an interesting isekai gimmick, being reincarnated to something you drew.

A chemical attack would be a massive disaster in Comiket as well. I've been to big sight 4 times and even if there's space to run and halls are open, the density of people is still extremely high, panic would lead to stampede and everything that implies with it. Not to mention that you can still hit closed areas like East West Halls concourse as well which are extremely packed.

Holy shit.

Don't know what you are on about, man. A lot of mainstream media here is reporting on it and I heard similar accounts from overseas friends.

There was no ignoring it. The body count is really high and this is not an everyday occurrence on Japan.

Maybe in clownworld countries with their injections (with a fresh sterilized needle) it does but in Japan they hang them and rope is cheap.

The person killed was confirmed from Yea Forums, not the killer.

Faggot

Blast fishing is more of a southeast asia thing. Well that and Hunter S Thompson.

>Back in the 1950s everyone thought Japan was done, but in 40 years the USA propelled it to the second largest economy in the world.
fixed it for you

Has anyone made a joke about all the employees not being able to leave the building because they couldn't find their shoes? Has that joke been made yet or am I just in time to make it?!

>dude who needs security lmao crimes are rare anyway

He's literally responsible for the death for 33 people. His own employees, to boot. He should be publically hanged.

VEG movie (2020) but looks like there is still hope for that, then the 5-toubun no Hanayome anime adaption which was probably gonna be the blast of 2019 for them, considering how popular the manga is.

Personally I speculate they had projects for Manzai Senka! and other LN series to make them into anime within the next 5 years, since they're printed by them.

>Anime? What's that?
>I think it's those Chinese kids shows
>This is why you need guns, but the liberal leftist media won't admit it
>Anyway today AOC said...

Worst case scenario Sentai will have to buy a ton of digital goods on KyoAni online shop.

Oh, he deserves a fair trial, if only so that his crimes are fully brought to light and the punishment can be brought to bear with all the righteousness and power it can.

every single CEO is guilty as fuck
he's in jail because he was trying to take over a japanese company

Meanwhile, in every other media
>Trump just said something mean!
>What can we do to impeach and stop Trump?
>Fuck Trump!
>TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

That's true. I just want to continue believing nothing like that would ever happen.
I felt safer at comiket than I do in my own frontyard in this shithole I live in.

>>the USA propelled it to the second largest economy in the world
>fixed it for you
And based on the GoFundMe USA can do it again, we can propel KyoAni upwards. I'm so fucking proud. I'm going to go have a beer and burger now.

Attached: god bless america.jpg (1056x792, 699K)

PTSD is your threat response going into overdrive. Think of it as a mental allergy, your mind going into full on survival/terror mode at the slightest whiff of something similar to the previous stress.

Sure here's their fair procedure. Beat him up, bound him in place with multiple tires, set fire to it. If he survives it was written and he's forgiven.

one can only hope people will find and torture every single of his family members

>The person killed was confirmed from Yea Forums
That's the worst obituary of all time.

>tfw our Yea Forums fembros are getting killed by megabetas

I'm and I won't disagree with I read print media so I can read the articles I want to read. I can't stand network news. It gives me a headache.

what is it about trains that attract autists?

Those were confirmed missing, lots of misinformation going around. Some of those are already listed as ok by people who know them on twitter

Dunno but it's different than what attracts them to Sonic the Hedgehog.

That's just because you're in Japan, yes it feel safer overall when it comes to other people (i.e. you're not going to get robbed or assaulted), but when it comes to hazard such as fire the risk is fairly high. I don't understand how Comiket is allowed to operate under the current conditions.

At least I still feel slightly safer at comiket because the area is mostly open as you said. I've attended many convention in closed building and it's extremely scary to see over 1K+ attendance stuck between the 6th~8th floors of a tower with no windows and tiny staircase.

>Amazon
Amazon is more abusive than your average anime studio.

The "poor guy" can rot. The chair is too good for him. Harekare is too good for him. Let the train run over his torso, just enough so that he's still alive. Then let birds feast on his entrails.

They deserve this for making gay swimming shit desu
Leviticus 20:13 - If a man has sexual relations with another man, they have done a disgusting thing, and both shall be put to death. They are responsible for their own death.

Attached: shrug.jpg (554x439, 38K)

I like that idea. Death by train. Or would he like it?

Everybody gangsta till birds eat your damn liver

Jesus loved anal sex though in canon bible and old testament leviticus is only relevant to jews. It's just the english translation that messed that part up.

I wonder what clickbait lefty news source you read about that on.

>hot takes from ancient jews
Why do burgers quote those completely serious like?

Free isn't actually about gays

The Bible was 90% shitposts scrapped from ancient threads on 613ch. Burgers just don't get it.

Japan isn't crime riddled like America is. Shit like this is so extremely rare it's absolutely ridiculous.
Sure someone may

can't get anymorel it than clay tablet shitposting

And yet they only made moeshit
Good riddance