Why do people think moe and shonen can't co-exist ?

can't both of those shows exist ? why does everyone act so selfish, there are people that like SoL shows and there are different people that like shonen shows, both can exist at the same time and both bring fun and love to the world

Attached: 1563473233193.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

Co-existence between Moe and Gar cannot happen on Yea Forums, much as I wish it could

Better question is why do people think moe and shonen is some kind of dichotomy?

because you need to kill yourself crossboarder

that doesn't answer my question you little bitch
i don't know user

Nah, Shounenshitters need to stay in their containment generals.

we should all be friends

Attached: girlfriends.jpg (640x991, 83K)

They can, the issue is just that some individuals perceive one side as occupying space better used for the other. If both had a sufficient amount of production to satisfy both sides, there would be no rivalry. Currently, everytime I see some sort of masturbatory all girl cast slice of life series, of which there are a token amount every season, I reflect on the idea that the resources and capital dedicated to producing slop like that could have been used to produce works more valuable to me and those with similar tastes, being that I gain no value from watching cgdct. If I had a sufficient amount of quakity anime to consume every season, I would feel little need to muse over the "what ifs" of the state of otakuhood and the production of niche, perverse anime.

The people that think they can't coexist are the ones that only care about the medium on a surface level. They'll point to 80s and 90s anime and simply cherrypick what they think the industry was defined as, ignoring anything that doesn't fit their narrative as irrelevant. If you actually knew anything you'd know that they've coexisted and intermingled since the beginning.

>because kys lol

>that doesn't answer my question

i laughed

most shounen generals are normalfags and spics spamming CHAD memes. threads about older, lesser known shounen (getter robo, kongou banchou, blazing transfer student, etc) are good, but basically non-existent.

>everytime I see some sort of masturbatory all girl cast slice of life series, of which there are a token amount every season, I reflect on the idea that the resources and capital dedicated to producing slop like that could have been used to produce works more valuable to me and those with similar tastes
user that is literally just being selfish, come on

Yes. The perspective is self serving, but I've suggested nothing that would necessarily undermine the creation of moe. Ultimately, the markets dictate what is created. If there is a demand for it, moe should and will be created. There's nothing selfish about disagreeing with the preferences of an audience.

It did... once

Attached: Character_nanoha.png (479x626, 368K)

I het both moeshit and shonen
Seinen master race here

HxH isnt seinen, its shonen

No you goddamn hippie.

Shonen and seinen aren't specific things and moe barely has a definition either. There's plenty of moe anime/manga that are shonen. Most of it's seinen though I think. K-ON, Umaru, Yuru Camp, etc are seinen.

Attached: K-ONUi.jpg (895x644, 100K)

Okay then. I want more adult cast anime and maybe more thriller and mystery would be nice.

why cant there be a moe shonen

There are. Lucky Star was shonen for instance.

Moe and shonen cannot exist together
Shonen cannot exist
Moe and GAR can exist together though

Itsnkot that they can't co exists, it's that we don't want them to exist
Anime that does not cater to me makes me upset and I hate it

Shonen and moe have co-existed for over 40 years now.
Also only retards think moe and shonen are mutually exclusive. Moe did stem from anime aimed at boys after all.

"android" can refer to an AI and an OS

>
Where does this rabbit hole go?

Words can have different meanings but ideally you don't want people using words wrong to become their actual meanings.

It's called isekai with female young girl mc.

I guess i'm talking more like a moe battle shonen

Those were better times

My bad... Mistakes were made... Recalculating route

Shounen has no right to exist. It's just an even more autistic wrestling for Mexicans.

terms changed over time

The term has only changed in English. So people are using the term shonen to mean anything with fighting, the term shoujo to mean romance, and the term seinen to mean anything edgy. It muddies conversations and also exposes the people that don't know what they're talking about.

Shonen: shit for teenage boys
moe: literally just means cute shit
yes, they can

It has a literal right to exist because Japan has a free market.

and? a certain group of people can't make their own term?

Because shounenshits are a fucking cancer.

Attached: 1557028431898.jpg (1241x346, 140K)

Lucky Star is shounen