Kanata no Astra

Why does every character in this look like a template? I swear I saw all of them in like dozen differrent anime.
>ishigami
>default mc
>sport anime megane ikemen
Etc

Attached: 2019_07_18_08.41.57.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=75791624
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because that's the genre of the series. What did you expect to be honest.

99% of characters in anime are based on templates. Hell, in fiction in general. Because there are only so many different kind of characters people want to see.

Shounen always have template characters

I don't remember it being this much glaring. Also what fucking timeline is this?

Attached: 2019_07_18_08.54.03.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

Well, the reason why will be revealed around episode 10 or 11.

Because your autism makes you think hair = same character. So the only truly original anime would be Yugioh for you

It's set in the future.

Is this gonna be some DEEP TWEEST?

Show me all these tan lolis

Not really. Zack's father was working on transferring memories. During his research, he found out that it would only work if the destination body had the exact same genes as the original body. Also, the destination body had to be at least 22 years old. Some other famous people also wanted to transfer their memories so they could relive their youth again. Quitterie's mother was one of those, and she was able to make clones for them using her hospital. But human cloning is still illegal. Also, a law about having to publicize everyone's DNA was passed recently. If their DNA and their children's DNA get publicized, it's basically proof that they participated in human cloning. Since they didn't want to get arrested, they had no choice but to just kill the clones off since their bodies were still too young.

Don't get me wrong there are still better or worse ways to handle it, and I don't think Astra does a great job at making them unique in some way. I especially didn't like the interchangeable drama in episode 2, each character and their issues should have something to do with the plot/themes. Still, the appeal of such a premise is seeing a bunch of people with extreme personalities having to deal with one another.

Wasnt too much of a fan of the first two episodes but this episode actually really sold me on the show.

>a law about having to publicize everyone's DNA

Attached: x3.png (180x180, 21K)

It's set in a future where humanity colonized an other planet, the richest colonists decided to murder all the adult colonists, brainwash the children into thinking that humans had evolved on the colony world and this group of rich/noble colonists have been ruling the colony planet ever since. All history the children know is fake, used to explain why there's only one major city on their homeworld, prevent anyone from learning too much about the past, or leading an armed insurrection against the cabal of rulers who stole a planet.

What in the unholy flying fuck

Attached: 1403542025824~01.jpg (500x410, 115K)

the ship bicycle

Attached: V.jpg (580x404, 73K)

I'd ride her

I want to fuck the chink and touch glasses

Attached: 2019_07_18_08.51.15.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

Also the switching to cinema aspect ratio is gay and the subs not being aligned on the black bar is triggerring my autism.

I want Funi instead.

I hate every single character in this anime.
I'm only keeping up with it because I am a sci-fi fan

Would honestly make it all worthwhile.

At least she'd be useful

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=75791624

Retarded writing for the sake of the plot convenience.

Aries is best girl.

Attached: fanny joke.webm (1920x1080, 701K)

She doesn't seem like a very smart girl, but then for two episodes in a row her intervention was vital to the crew.
>muh photographic memory saves everybody's ass
>muh brilliant idea to connect generator to the gravity controller with cables saves everybody's ass x2
I mean I want to see the guys take some damage sometimes.

Less about publicizing, and more about having government records for medical purposes if I recall correctly. It makes sense in that kind of nanny state utopia depicted in some sci-fi settings.

We gattaca now.

I'm honestly just here for this thicc bombshell

Attached: 705186._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1920, 509K)

>ishigami
The fuck is an ishigami?

damn nice
i thought it would be a stupid sol hs series about getting back to their homeworld

Attached: 580.png (1280x720, 902K)

So you just call all emo guys with this kind of haircut "ishigami"?

It's the most recent one.

Man, was going to drop this series so hard, but three episode rule saved the day it seems.
Episode 1 made this look like an extremely generic shonen comedy with a sci-fi plot. Second episode had some great voice acting though, especially that scream and the later crying. Plus the little bit of character exposition, and perhaps this is worth keeping on with.
The ending twist was retarded, but could be reached if you really stretched out the fact that they had a bit of a time skip after arriving on the ship, in between scenes. Each person's technical competency doesn't quite line up there, unless of course there's some education everyone receives that's in the lore.

Aries a boring shit

>tfw started reading the manga
fug, this gonna be a wild ride
not at all what I was expecting