Now that Kyoani is dead, Shaft will dominate the industry again

Now that Kyoani is dead, Shaft will dominate the industry again

Attached: Studio_Shaft.svg.png (1200x412, 44K)

They need to make another season of Hidamari if they want to be on top again

Unless they plan to adapt it for a while I honestly disagree, I'd rather have it end more conclusively than have another tacked on volume with no closure.

Shaft is fucking dead too. Didn't burn down, but fizzled out.

the company is just as dead as kyoani, but not for the same reasons

Dude SHAFT is literally on life support

Shaft managed to die on its own and is leaking staff into DavidPro. Anyone knows what Shinbo is doing?

Kyoani needed a fucking fire and plenty of dead people to perish. Shaft simply died because some people left.

Straight 10 years ago Shaft was on their peak with Monogatari and Kyoani just started to kill anime with K-ON and Endless Eight.
I guess it's timw for the tables to turn.

>Monogatari
Literally bankrupted Shaft creatively.

This, someone had to literally murder a quarter of KyoAni to put them down while other studios are dying on their own. Shit is mind-boggling

Literally how? Oishi did a fantastic job.

It turns out that milking the same shit for 10 years with no end in sight doesn't happen to promote creativity.

Attached: 1547394820328.jpg (923x1733, 1.17M)

Shaft was god-tier between 2007 and 2013.

How are they milking it? They're just adapting the novels as they come, and to suggest that each novel is similar is retarded.

That' not Satania Kobo.

Attached: 1562037529788.gif (277x277, 515K)

>and to suggest that each novel is similar is retarded
Literally what. It's the same fucking series, of course it's similar. Sure must be nice to be a gatari fan, but to anyone with half-decent taste, Shaft hasn't done anything remotely interesting since 2013.

It's pretty obvious you haven't kept up with it.

Was 2007 the best year in anime history? So many iconic shit just in one year it's crazy

They need to make Arakawa S3

Kept up with what? With Gatarishit? I've seen everything up to Kizu. With Shaft? I've seen all 4 (four) anime they've done after 2013, except 3-gatsu, and all of them were TRASH.
2007, 2011 and 2013 are the best. Couldn't decide which is better if you put a gun to my head.

>4 (four)
No wait, make it 5. Koufuku was alright, but nothing groundbreaking.

So having watched all that Gatari, explain how you feel like it's being milked.

I'm still waiting on a 3rd season of NISEKOI

What do you want me to explain? It's self-explanatory. Producing a single IP for 10 fucking years, is the very definition of milking.

It's just adapting all available material. Milking is OP or DBZ where in one episode passes like 20 seconds in 20 minutes to keep it running forever.

Do you not know what milking is?
When something has clearly run it's course and isn't coming up with anything new but it's still being made, it's being milked. A long running series that is still coming up with new and interesting storylines is not milking.

14 entries at the expense of everything else. 5 other anime since 2013, 3 of which were Nisekoi, Fateshit, and Mekakucity Actors, i.e. absolute garbage - I dare you to challenge this.
>When something has clearly run it's course and isn't coming up with anything new but it's still being made
Yes, that's Gatari in a nutshell.
>A long running series that is still coming up with new and interesting storylines is not milking
Well here we are, at crossroads called "subjective taste".

>life support
They have hundreds of millions from their past shows, they are just qutting anime and planning to become an investment firm

>They have hundreds of millions
That's not a whole lot.

Attached: yen to dollar - Google Search 7-18-2019 8-54-43 PM.png (302x143, 19K)

In dollars my friend, not yen

It has literally nothing to do with subjective taste, the content is objectively new and different.
If anything this just muddles your entire point, that's like if I said Kiyohiko was milking Yotsuba because I didn't like the story.

>the content is objectively new and different
If it was objective, you could prove it. But you can't, because it's not. The story turned stale after Bake, which I liked a lot mind you, real quick.
>Yotsuba
Shit argument. Yotsuba doesn't have a story.

>But you can't
But I can prove it, all you'd have to do is read the synopsis and clearly see they are different.
>Yotsuba doesn't have a story
Of course it does, not to be too rude, but are you fucking retarded? Swap in Berserk if that makes you feel better, it's exactly the same point regardless.

Why would I read the synopses when I watched most of the entries? Also, that's not what "objective" means, so right back at you with the retardation.
>Berserk
Has been shit for what? Decade? Two? The main problem are the hiatuses anyway.

My problem is not even that Gatari is shit and they are milking it, it's the fact that they aren't doing anything else. Once perhaps the most creative studio hasn't done shit in 6 years. That's my problem.

>My problem is not even that Gatari is shit and they are milking it
You still don't know what milking means you fucking faggot, why did they tie up everything in Zoku?

Did they? I said I watched only until Kizu. I'm happy if it's finally over, but now they are trying to milk Madoka, so nothing changes. Shaft is shit.

Not for long. I'm sure them changing the background color of one cut for the BD will lead to them getting burned down as well.

I still don't know how you can think that a story that progresses constantly and has an incredibly satisfying ending is milking anything, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

>now they are trying to milk Madoka
Nice goalpost shift there mate, not that I disagree.
>now
They've been milking it since they did the first movie. It had a great ending, but they decided to re-release practically the same shit with worse pacing and a garbage sequel 3rd movie that leaves so many questions and is obviously left in an open way for a sequel.

Also, watch 3-gatsu already fag, it's easily one of the best (if not the best) anime of the 2010s.

gib SZS S4

Not having a fire shaft is what killed Kyoani

Please no. Shaft is fucking awful.

>Nice goalpost shift there mate
Do you not know what "moving goalposts" means or are you just being disingenuous faggot on purpose?
>They've been milking it since they did the first movie
So an IP that has 14 separate entries does not count as milking, because you like it, but an IP with 4 entries (2 of which are recap movies) counts as milking because the sequel was too deep for you and you don't like it? Do you realize how retarded that sounds?
>watch 3-gatsu already fag
Don't feel like it. I absolutely hate those designs.
>it's easily one of the best (if not the best) anime of the 2010s.
You probably haven't seen much, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I haven't seen it.

>blah blah I move no goalposts!!!
Mate, the discussion had been entirely about the Monogatari series () and when you acknowledge that just maybe it wasn't being milked you shifted on to Madoka, which is literally moving the goalpost. No one mentioned it.

>So an IP that has 14 separate entries does not count as milking, because you like it, but an IP with 4 entries
Why on earth would you decide if something is being milked or not based on how much of it has been made? Absolutely asinine.

>recap movies) counts as milking
But of course. What purpose do they serve? To make SHAFT big bucks. Do they add anything for viewers? No.

>because the sequel was too deep for you and you don't like it
> From the start, the idea was “Homura becomes a witch, and the story takes place inside her barrier”. But at the time, I wanted to end the story with Madoka taking Homura away with her. So, I thought the story would end this time for real (laughs). But both Iwakami-san and Shinbou-san were like, “No, we want the story to keep going after this” and wouldn’t give me the OK. So then when I was getting really worried, Shinbou-san was like “Might as well just make Madoka and Homura into enemies”. And that suggestion was basically the breakthrough.
On another note, why are you assuming my opinions for everything? That's literally irrelevant in this discussion, I thought Urusawa was milking it a bit when it comes to 20th Century Boys, but that doesn't mean I don't like the manga.

I fucking wish