Kyoani is finished

A big chunk of their staff is dead, including directors. All their current and future projects are likely cancelled or indefinitely postponed. A big chunk of their staff will probably have permanent damage from horrible burns that will cripple them. They likely lost tens of thousands of drawings and animation material from recent projects, no computers or paper survived the fire. And their CEO and founder might be arrested because they allowed the security to be turned off that day.

Attached: sad.jpg (574x504, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_crimes_in_Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=3fY-ja0q1fw
youtube.com/watch?v=P-3GOo_nWoc
youtube.com/watch?v=emVXc8BxI7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this really the end of KyoAni?

Attached: Ika.jpg (300x168, 8K)

It's fucking over.

>All their current and future projects are likely cancelled or indefinitely postponed
Supposedly, the Violet Evergarden movie will be released on schedule.

Did the attacker find out somehow that the security would be turned off? Or were they that unlucky?

and thats a good thing

>Supposedly
If that's the case, I assume the movie is finalized in production already.

It was probably a coincidence. They turned the security off because they were having guests over for a meeting or some shit.

Thank god.

Wow, there couldn't even be a silver lining to this tragedy

>KyoAni's last anime will be VEG
Worst fucking part of all this

>no more moeshit
god bless

and on that day, the world breathed a sigh of relief

Last kyoani show I watched was Haruhi so for me it dont hurt too much
if they had S3 planned on the the other hand

>They likely lost tens of thousands of drawings and animation material from recent projects, no computers or paper survived the fire.
this building is nowhere near the actual animation studio

Attached: 1534823105737.png (3084x2568, 188K)

It wasn't supposed to end like this!

Attached: ui.gif (400x225, 162K)

>they allowed the security to be turned off that day.
Inside job

>no computers or paper survived the fire
You'd assume remote backups would be standard when so much could be lost at once through a variety of disasters.
If they managed to save enough to finish anything they were doing at one of their other buildings I imagine they'll sell a lot through pity alone, even if they are shit.

Attached: 1544922819773.jpg (475x453, 206K)

mine was Lucky Star
'twas based

Yes.

And fuck them.

Even worse if all the backups were stored at the main building, the one that burned down.

They haven't lost any material. To make a military analogy, today they lost generals and officers, but the weaponry is intact.

at least the yaoi shit will get cancelled

I would think losing the generals and officers would be worse than losing the weapons, which could be easily replaced. Animators are also more specialized and replacing good ones or the people in charge of directing and stuff would be harder to do. Not to mention just the aspect of losing 30+ employees in a single day. Saw a post saying Kyoani has between 100 and 150 employees so at the very least they lost 1/5 of their entire employee base in a single day.

To further your analogy, I'm pretty sure the morale isn't stellar either.
They're in the perfect condition for a single push to cause global surrender

Obviously. That's not a phoenix that rises out of the ashes. KyoAni has become nothing. It's as if the Overfiend paid them a visit.

If they had any assets elsewhere, I suppose the surviving staff could continue the company in some zombie fashion, but for all they lost it's probably for the best to end.

I'd imagine at least a few of the survivors have probably suffered some kind of career ending injury, be it nerve damage or whatever, that won't allow them to do any kind of animation in the future. Not to mention the trauma that kind of incident causes.

Why was security turned off? That's kinda weird considering that this dude has been stalking them for years.

Good, fuck moeshitters DBS CHADS OF Yea Forums

Given high rates of suicide in the country to begin with, I'm sure we'll see some take their lives over this.

Guests were coming for a meeting. Hard to say if the psycho knew this or not.

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Kyoani were finished 9 years ago when they broke up with Kadokwa (and also stopped to work with Aya Hirano due to "bad reputation"). It's not like they were preparing Haruhi S3 right now but the arson ruined it.

>It's better to burn out
Huh.

>And their CEO and founder might be arrested because they allowed the security to be turned off that day.
Excuse me what the fuck?

Yeah Kyoani is probably dead, what percentage of the people uninjured exist? Like, 20% of them? That's not enough for them to even hold down the fort, if the studio lives it'll be unrecognizable from now on, living on in name only. Animators aren't exactly capable of working if they're injured, in a fire like that it's extremely likely to get burns on your hands, and an animator with burnt hands simply isn't an animator anymore.

>bodies not even counted and indentified
>no official statement
>no way of knowing what is or is not true
>THEY'RE FINSIEHD DUDE
>who was lock???
>I would have done this and that!!
>security dude
>self-defence DUDE
Let's be 100% honest for just one second, you niggers are enjoying this.

Attached: 1418788967188.png (518x644, 220K)

Double digits IQ-san.

You don't need to count the bodies. There's about 35 confirmed dead in a company with 150ish total employees, and another 1/3 of the company is injured badly enough that they will never work in animation again, and even some of the people with minor injuries or even no injuries will be traumatized for life. It is likely only like 50 of the 150 people tops will continue, they lost their building and everything in it including not only personal stuff but whatever wasn't saved to the cloud, most if not all current projects have lost key staff members, and at that point once they fill in the company with new people and start over it might as well be a brand new company.

Kyoani is dead, even if a new company uses the name.

>it took a decade for the Karma for Endless8 to finally catch up

Feels good, man.

Attached: 1365960992123.png (463x293, 204K)

and nothing of value was lost

They're Japanese. If they can rebuild after two nuclear bombs, one fire shouldn't kill their company

You sound more like you want it to be dead. In fact, "even if a new company uses the name." makes it extremely obvious. But hey, if you enjoy retarded shitposting disguised as doomposting please continue.

But dude, it's additive, 2 nukes and they basically gave up, 2 nukes plus 1 fire pushes them over the edge.

A single company dying won't affect the economy. I'd like to know how many companies went under because of the nuclear bombings though. I'm sure there were a lot.

I'd rather the company be laid to rest in respect than the corpse be dragged around so people can pretend it's still alive. Kyoani no longer exists, anything that comes from "Kyoani" will be a shell of it's former potential.

You're making it sound like it's the only major incident in modern/contemporary Japanese history where people have been killed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_crimes_in_Japan

why did sxarp do it?

What if most of the people who died were janitors and accountants and most of the creative staff escaped unscathed??
This is what happened, right? RIGHT?

Doubtful. There were a bunch of sakuga artists and character designers who were confirmed to be dead, according to some posts I saw on 2chan.

Yes. It was straight 10 years. Surprisingly accurate.
Also this.
Should have been happened on Tanabata though.

Attached: bwnFUBi8NbU.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

The only important people are directors, animators and artists are expendable.

you guys do realize that the demand will be just fulfilled by other studios.. so it means less not moe shit in the future.

fucking retards should learn some basic supply demand

bigger question is why the fuck they don't have a single fire escape on a 3 story building? Literally nothing else would have mattered if they had a single fire escape, the majority died from smoke, not the fire itself

What if this was a hit from another huge corporation or billionaire wanting to take competition out of the industry? KyoAni is a bright spot in the industry after all. They genuinely profit from what u understand, have relevant work and a huge fandom.

Did he really do it for her

Attached: 3CE73219-C08D-4D46-9508-826C9D3B67E7.jpg (225x350, 37K)

I understand*

Someone said shit was actually premeditated and the guy blocked all exits.
True or not you can see that building was pretty much a oven from how discolored the windows are, people probably were melting inside if they even survived the smoke.

KyoAni Always find a way

Kyoani was never good, who cares

They had 150 people, I doubt there was more than 1 or 2 Jannies or accountants.

Yeah, because DEEN making more anime sure makes up for the loss of Kyoani.

Nishiya and Kadowaki are still missing and both of them are kyoani lead character designers. They won't be able to recover unless they take on outsource staff

*sigh*

Lucky Star
K-On
Nichijou
Tamako Market
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Haruhi Suzumiya

God damn the sun.

Far from it. If they keep their culture, every single talented young animator will be rushing in their doors when they hire. They will become a phoenix, rising from the ashes. In fact, KyoAni is the best anime studio to work for in Japan since a majority of anime studios use freelancers and contractors who they fire after every project.

And there is already a massive backlash against a popular anime studio. Some higher up of the said studio jokingly referred to the burning of KyoAni as "justice for trying to change the industry" by that he means the good working conditions and treating workers as humans".

Imagine caring about unfinished animations and projects. None of that shit fucking matters compared to the fact that 33 people got their lives stolen. It’s fucked up. Has there ever been murder this horrible in modern japan?

Just means more isekai

They don't have offsite backups?

Not of the people, no.

I highly doubt they keep it all in that building like some kind of pirate treasure chest. It’s probably backed up on other devices elsewhere. The brightest problem is the staff but they can always hire other people who want jobs I guess. The work will probably never look quite the same since there’s going to be so many new people working there but it’s still a silver lining.

That's true... But when most anime studios are struggling to hire animators nowadays and we haven't even mentioned the abusive internships and apprenticeships... Of you think the crunches in the game industry is horrible, you haven't seen anything yet. Like freelancers being overworked, denied any overtime pay and let go after their project is done.

Someone needs to do a deep analysis of how an anime studio works.

It's the worst mass-casualty attack done by a single person in Japan in their history, and I think the worst one in general since World War II

Humans are ephemeral. Ideas last forever.

It's now the largest scale murder spree by a single person on record in post WWII-Japan history. This guy is gonna get the harshest prison penalty there is. He's probably just gonna be straight executed.

It's sad, they lost a lot of talent and those left are probably critically injured or traumatized to the point that they want nothing to do with the industry. Best case scenario they put out one more work out of passion as their final work.

They have multiple studios and only one of them burned, are most of their staff and operations at this one or would they be able to continue with the other studios and their archives?

You can’t really blame people for it. The art they created is what most people know and love and the faces of the people are mostly unknown to the general public. When people are sad that the art they love is going to go away for a while it doesn’t mean they’re still not sad about the workers.

Honestly I think they're just going to dissolve Studio 1 and transfer those who survived to Studio 2. I mean, that's all they can do really.
They can't reoccupy Studio 1 ever again. They'd have to tear it down and rebuild it. I doubt they're going to do that.

Okay but this is an anime board so get over yourself

>implying he's going to live long enough to get executed
Dude got REALLY fucked up by the fire himself.

>And there is already a massive backlash against a popular anime studio. Some higher up of the said studio jokingly referred to the burning of KyoAni as "justice for trying to change the industry" by that he means the good working conditions and treating workers as humans".
Source?

There's 78 employees that weren't affected at all. Another 36 with injuries. So presumably now there's 114 people still alive that work at KyoAni. The main studio is now gone, and uninhabitable. Many who died were KEY to the studios body of work. Those who survived might have PTSD forever. If, and only IF they come back. It will take years, and even then things might not ever be the same when we're talking quality of work or how wages are distributed.

The road to recovery seems possible but will be very, very difficult.

Attached: sad1.jpg (600x350, 37K)

Tfw all Kyo anime are dark now.

Attached: 007F3FB2-0942-4956-9944-51F5C36DD412.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

I want them to save his life. I want to hear the full story of what happened and I want him to have to answer and see the families of the people he hurt.

Is there an aggregated list of people who have been confirmed to be deceased?

Twitter, look it up. It's already mentioned in a thread here.

Imagine pretending to care about 33 lives just so you can feel superior to everyone on an anonymous image board because you assume everyone except you is an unfeeling monster.

Get the fuck over yourself.

You're speaking from a foreign perspective, in Japanese Animation conditions they might just send them right back to work tomorrow saying "We'll give you an extra 30 yen an hour to also sweep your coworkers ashes out of the building".

>Le edgy redditor

Go fuck off you mongoloid

Not yet, from what we know.
It will be a while until we have one, if we ever get one. Police don't identify and declare people dead in Japan, coroners do.

And all because a KyoAni anime included a song that train otaku like and that he himself hated the version of it so much he felt like burning down the studio. Dying peacefully is not what he deserves for something so fucking petty.

You can't back people up, regardless of what Black Mirror tell you.

I HIGHLY doubt that’s the reason this happened. The real story will come out when this guy is held in trial. I’m not about to take any information seriously from here.

>Japanese Animation conditions
Kyoani was known as being one of the most humane studio in Japan when it came to worker health and pay. They were payed an actual wage and not per frame like most studios.

They should heal him and then ceremonially burn him to free the angry spirits when they reopen the studio.

There are also financial problems to consider. This fire is definitely going to delay at least one series, which is a very bad thing given how far in advance airing timeslots need to be reserved. There's a reason studios like SHAFT are more willing to air a half-finished anime than delay it.

>There's 78 employees that weren't affected at all.
Except by having their coworkers roasted to death and losing the progress on their work, and also the building they work in, yeah they weren't affected at all.

>Another 36 with injuries. So presumably now there's 114 people still alive that work at KyoAni
Uh, no. An animator with burnt hands is no longer an animator. Most of those 36 will be gone.

It sounds like we're agreeing on most of it, but realistically Kyoani is just dead now, there's no chance that all of those 78 people stay. Some will leave because they know people that died too well, some will leave because the job will change so much and it's a difficult situation, some will leave because "fuck it, risking my life isn't worth this little pay", ect.

The name Kyoani might keep being used, but the company as we know it is gone. Whatever remains for the future might as well be a new studio, like literally further than Trigger is to Gainax.

Imagine one man being solely responsible for taking down such an iconic Studio single-handedly. Is there anything more based than this?

Man this fucking board is full of underage posters. Nothing is good or funny about innocent people dying even when you don't like the shows the studio has produced. This isn't something to laugh about.

Doubt it. People take their own life when they have no one else left to blame. Not the case here.

I don’t know what will happen. I know the prisons in Japan are nothing compared to the prisons in the U.S. I don’t even know if the death penalty is a thing over there and how they go about doing it. If it’s anything like in the U.S. he can be held for 20+ years and then they could decide not to go through with it toward the end.

What upcoming anime they had anyway?

>"fuck it, risking my life isn't worth this little pay"

You do know Kyoani is probably one of the only studios actually paying their animators really good wages right?

Eh, if they do go under, I'm sure some studios will pick up their work.
Hopefully it isn't a shitty studio like J.C. Staff or Pierrot.

They have the death penalty. Most likely he will receive it.

VEG movie and OVA
Some Free related stuff (A movie? I saw an image saying it was canceled but I don't know how true that is)
More Hibike stuff I imagine after the movie. I think there were rumors of a new season.

Oh right there was more Free stuff incoming, I wonder if they are ever gonna finish it now?

It’s not underage posters. Despite it being called something else now this is still Yea Forums guy. This isn’t YouTube or Reddit. I feel bad for the people at the studio but if you thought for a second it wouldn’t be like this here you probably need to lurk more.

FREE

>This fire is definitely going to delay at least one series,
user... All they're work is indefinitely suspended at the moment. They have no where to work on top of bosses Dead. They have no structure. If they do manage to resume work it would be mid-late 2020.

Not surprised, Kyoani always does things years in advance

Their* fuck

Link to the original song and the Kyoani version? Depending on how bad it is maybe I can have round 2.

Jesus christ, what is with the moralfaggotry of these Kyoani faggot. This place would make jokes even as their own hometown got nuked.

I know Kyoani shows attracts a bunch of trannies, but jesus

9/11

>You sound more like you want it to be dead
>"even if a new company uses the name." makes it extremely obvious.
No, retard. It means that the company is already dead, and no wishes are necessary.

>trannies

if they stop making anime they are just going to encourage copy cats.
otaku are just going to be salivating at the thought of deleting an anime with some gasoline.
They should play the train song 24/7 on tv for a few days.

Pobably, since KyoAni are one of the few independent anime studios out there that animate their own IPs.

They have other buildings. That's just the main one where all of their important people happened to be.

What's this security they turned off? Some buzzer or some shit?

Attached: 1c5df5cf.jpg (611x393, 28K)

""happened to be"". uh huh. What a coincidence.

There will be be NO new anime from KyoAni until 2021 or never. Guarantee.

What? The second floor was full of animators though

Probably a card reader door lock

A lot of key animation (the important and costly scenes that have to be done by extremely skilled animators) are done in that building.

youtube.com/watch?v=3fY-ja0q1fw
>People died because of this

Does this create a vacuum in the anime industry? What if a bunch of animators line up at KyoAni's doors looking to be the next generation of in-house staff because of their favorable working conditions? This assumes KyoAni wants to even continue after this.

I'd assume the stockholders/board members/whatever will want to continue business. The reputation KyoAni has as well will allow them to get more talent in.

They should slowly destroy some good looking historical train or two in front of him before execution tho

That's not the song.

>And their CEO and founder might be arrested because they allowed the security to be turned off that day.

LMAO HE KILLED HIS OWN COMPANY (LITERALLY) WHAT A FUCKING RETARD
Prison is 100% deserved

Tokyo is still the main place to go for those who wanna be animators.

>150ish total employees,
user I...

Japan is actually pretty unforgiving to people on death row.

Based on all the rumors going around, he sounds legitimately schizophrenic. I don't know about Japan's legal code, but in most places they do not execute the mentally ill.

Wouldn’t most places INCREASE security when having people over for an important meeting?

This.
They're just going to move those who survived and want to continue working to Studio 2. Studio 1's building can't be occupied anymore.

It also depends on how much money Kyoani loses from this whole mess. Their working conditions might not be anywhere near as favorable if they don't have the surplus of money anymore.

Kyoanus lickers forever and eternally BTFO.

Yeah they're probably gonna send him to a nice retirement community

Logically, yes.

If anything they should just put him in solitary confinement and never let him out.

Surly they would have backed up their drives off-site?

So, no source. You get that from your ass.

It worked with Gainax, oh wait.

Good.

Sucks that people died, but I see this as a positive for the industry. It just sucks that it had to come to this.

You underestimate how retarded Japs are. They're always like 10 years behind on office technology. Everything done in a western animation studio is automatically uploaded to the cloud and version controlled. Japs probably haven't even heard of enterprise cloud storage yet.

>delusional kyoanifags think they'll return when their ceo and upper management will be arrested

I'm not glad that they're dead, but I'm glad that they're gone.

And nothing of value was lost.

The only studio I know of that does everything digital is OLM, and they only do it on some series like Pokemon.
Everyone else still uses good ol' paper.

>version controlled
You mean the director have copies of the drawings in his safe, right?

Death penalty is a thing in Japan. More importantly, 80% of Japanese support death penalty, so it will keep being a thing for a long time.

Shut the fuck up.

Dogakobo are the true moeshit kings anyways.

70 people will be out of commision for at least a month so make it half. not to mention all the important people suffered and not the easily replaceable grunts like inbetweeners, CGI artists, etc.

But they'd still have to scan everything for compositing.

This is Japan, the land of faxes

and their computers got fucking toasted in the fire.
their shit is gone, dude.

Real answer: No way of telling until we get a full damage report. One scenario is that the company spends a year or more recouping paperwork lost in the fire before resuming business at a downscaled level. The other scenario is that they simply close down due to being unable to reach their previous standards and/or out of respect for those who passed.

What IS the song?

The security was just the door lock, which they disabled because that way they wouldn't need to actually let the guests inside or make them wait, the guests could walk right in... as could anyone else.

They'll continue to operate. Ufotable is doing just fine despite being under investigation for tax evasion.

How is this positive for the industry?

Attached: 11767e8ee928493d916a8034409ea4cc.jpg (736x1024, 104K)

Gainax lives on in Trigger.

>all shit
wtf i love arsonist incel now

Fucking retards. As if they'll just call it quits or be closed down for anything less than going bankrupt or getting bought out and shut down.

That's the only way his lawyer can save his fat ass, otherwise he's going straight to execution.

I think based/corrupted judical Japanese system is going to make political statement out of this case just before Olympics instead. He's royally fucked.

I am going to be hopeful; government is going to help them just to send PR message before Olympics. Some fat bucks will be spent.

Real real answer. They won't recover.

If you could save one (1) Kyoani director and one artist (1) among those who haven't been confirmed safe - who would it be?

Good, saves me the trouble of flying out to Japan. I knew they'd never getting away with letting Nichijou be dubbed.

This movie will heal the soul of Japan after this disaster.

Attached: D-dJrAZUcAAoARi.jpg (844x1200, 169K)

ooh edgy good one dude, wanna start spamming webms of people dying xDDD

Yes. But ask again in 2030. But hopefully by then all anime will be dead and we're all free.

Attached: 1493423645744.gif (600x457, 986K)

Digibro is having a breakdown over this.

If you could burn one (1) Kyoani director and one artist (1) among those who have been confirmed safe - who would it be?

Things I don't like won't exist

They lost an entire building and half of their employees if you include the people that were injured. Even if they don't go bankrupt due to the expensive they're going to have to downscale quite a bit I imagine.

uh, no, the movie is probably cancelled.

moeshit btfo

Tax evasion from one person vs at least 33 dead staff and another 36 with horrible injuries while losing the main building + upper management getting arrested for allowing the security to be shut off in the day of the arson
Give up.

On the bright side, Japanese prison staff will literally bully this guy until he kills himself.

I'm not Japanese and I support death penalty, motherfuckers should be wasted, there are better ways to use tax money than keep this human garbage alive for years.

So.... does this mean no K-on season 3?

Assuming he survives his own injuries

>Kyoani actually pays animators good salaries instead of the frame by frame bullshit
>Kyoani actually gives benefits to their employees
>Kyoani actually allows their employees to take vacations and breaks

How is it good that the only studio to treat their staff like humans in the industry had a good portion of their staff murdered?

Attached: 1387088984201.png (709x720, 556K)

Downscaling, things being put on hold, etc. sure, but they're not gonna just close shop. The stuff currently in development will be outsourced to SK.

Stop talking out of your ass. Your fanfiction isn't reality.

they'd be making anime faster without good conditions. Maybe NU-Kyoani will wisen up and make anime faster by cutting that shit out.

Someone have to make sure he doesn't.

Attached: 31123.jpg (650x390, 121K)

That's it man. They have been in a very long slump, and now their staffs are dead and their name tarnished. This is not something a business based on trust can recover from.

It’s not a KyoAni movie, why would it be cancelled?

Because of their fair treatment 30+ people who still had the will to live died. If they had only treated them shittier then they could have embraced death happily.

If this happened to Studio Bones, there would be a bigger outpour of grief (and a bigger outpour of money for whatever Sentai is doing) from all the BNHAfags.

Attached: 7443C403-6FE6-473C-9992-AECB16BF9522.png (480x480, 250K)

>they'd be making anime faster without good conditions.
"yeah because fuck being a humane company, i am a weeb and i want my anime right fucking now"
Fuck you, dude.

How is their name tarnished? How does this break trust?

Don't forget the FREE movie

you are retarded
being realistic and rational doesnt mean you want it to happen
>i'm dying of cancer, i have 3 weeks to live
>wooow sounds like you want to die of cancer!

The Japanese despise the mentally ill. That's not an escape hatch he can use. Either he'll be executed or he'll be sent to prison and they'll up the pressure until he kills himself.

How new are you?

>Dude got REALLY fucked up by the fire himself.

Good

literally fuck your self

Attached: 1413238307508.jpg (1440x810, 175K)

More realistic than kyoani closing down.

Do you think their new building had insurance?

Pardon my tourism, but I was over on /n/ and someone implied that the perpetrator was aggrieved by some misrepresentation of a train. Why did the arsonist burn down the building?

Not all of us are delusional.

New Kyoani won't be making anime in good time considering they'll be out for a while outsorucing themselves while they recover and either transfer everything to the second building or move to the Head Office. Obviously there is nothing to transfer, but moving their staff will be necessary. They'll either have a new building or will have to fit their staff into the second and HO.
Best case scenario is they make their OVAs and Movies they have in production (not planned) if they are in the second building or HO.
Regardless of how they treat employees, they'll be making anime slower no matter what. Hell, they might not even make anime for a while and have to resort to smaller ventures. Most I could see is some short anime maybe.

Attached: 64121046_p0.jpg (450x674, 165K)

This is Yea Forums, all we care about is anime and manga. If that takes the death of 33/8,000,000,000 people, and the anime companies to be more strict on employees to actually do their damn jobs this time, so be it.

Will this be a wakeup call for other studios to finally leave the fucking 80's?

That sounds even more suspicious

>The reputation KyoAni has as well will allow them to get more talent in.

Maybe for a little while until customers notice the new people fucking suck. EA used to do this shit and it didn't work.

Yeah, we need more modern-style anime like Avatar!

Time for that anniversary K-on concert to keep the money flowing in while they recuperate.

In the early to mid 00's they were only making a couple projects a year, this will set them back to that pace if not more. Pretty sad to watch all that progress they've made in the past decade gone

Of course it won't be.

they pay salary instead of whatever else they pay or something put some effort in you reddit fag

I predict that Kyoani will be reborn as a sleazy fan-service studio, that will scrape by making lowest-denominator ecchi battle harems and porn.

Does Japan have insurance or government loans for shit like this to help KyoAni recover?

Leave it to me senpai

Attached: 51LGj5--KsL.png (512x512, 63K)

I wish it was the end of moe
moefags have contributed nothing but mental illness to all anime discussion

They should become hentai studio. Imagine all that VEG/Hyouka/Hibike quality in actual hentai.
A fucking goldmine.

I think they'd do fujoshit.

"Moeshit" predates Kyoani by decades and will still be a thing decades after Kyoani was a thing.

Reminder that someone accidentally deleted Toy Story 2 and they only survived being fucked beyond belief because someone else copied the deleted stuff to work at home.

>people joking about the dead
you people disgust me

Kyoani is already old news in Japan and the news cycle is being dominated by some bears they found in a tank.

Attached: 54345.jpg (1267x752, 99K)

tankbears is more interesting entertainment than anything kyoani has made

I hope to one day see the saga of bear and tank someday

Clearly you are the one with the mental illness

Attached: 1386465770116.jpg (755x720, 47K)

>It's fucking over.

Attached: 1560415906991.gif (500x271, 1000K)

I think they'll close down, the trauma is going to get very real. I don't think they'll be able to even work together. Best case scenario their most talented staff start a new studio like Trigger did.

I actually like Free!.

I know you guys meme about it because it's fujo shit, but I used to watch it with my ex-gf and i took a liking to the show. It taught me a lot about swimming that I didn't know that isn't directly related to the physical act of swimming, because of course i already knew how to swim.

Still, this is a different situation. A setback that has not only a loss of money but talent too. Relationships will be damaged because people who are no longer alive would have been some of the only reasons or some of the biggest pulls for people to stick around. That goes less for Kyoani, but I imagine some people will leave because people are injured and simply don't want to work at Kyoani anymore or people are dead, so that connection is lost. I don't think this is the end, I just think this is a big setback money wise. The name of Kyoani isn't at fault, this was an attack without valid reason by any standard.
Depends. Kyoani is well-known enough to get some sales alone and we've all seen how anime related business can get with Japan (look at KF). So there's possibly a chance they'll come back as said.
Porn and Hentai doesn't sell good enough compared to what they could make elsewhere. I can't seem them doing it, no matter the quality.
I imagine so.

Attached: 37e2e6b96a24ca576ce4ae265c0409e6354cbe3c.jpg (500x500, 97K)

Free! is legitimately good but since most of Yea Forums is so full of meme spouting underages the show will always be looked down upon for being fujoshit.

All these edgy, nihilist living failures taking satisfaction in the mourning and tragedy of others.

Netflix doesn't even make anime, they just license it outside japan as far as i understand. KyoAni is an animation studio, i.e. they actually animate the anime, as opposed to licensing or streaming it.

I'm talking about not relying on hard copy backups

Man this really hits hard. All these people wanted to do was make some anime that made people happy. What a horrible and random way to die. It doesn't matter what you thought of their anime, they didn't deserve this.

japan is painfully slow at joining the current generation in tech, despite producing some of the best tech in other fields over the last decades.
flip phones were still mostly used long after smart phones became the norn everywhere else in the world
still use fax machines everywhere, unlike, at least america, where only government offices or office supply stores and libraries use them sometimes.

I was joking last night about how moe was dead when it had just started but now I feel really bad.

That's my thought too. Shitty way to die. No way out, knowing people are dying around you, hell, they didn't even know who did it in the end.
Some burning alive, painfully. Some, suffocating or falling unconscious.

Attached: cc666e3d4e71adbe06af7749fa65ed9ec7c71831.jpg (1414x994, 437K)

>keeps blatantly ignoring the legacy of lucky star and k-on

If I was the CEO of KyoAni, I'd give all the (surviving) employees 1 month of vacation, while I assess the damages, talk to insurance, and see what can be done and what the future of my company can be.

What do you guys think.

the legacy has been and will continue to be characters you can understand and see reflected in the people you meet, an astonishing attention to detail, every show looking better than the last, etc.

A chill of satisfaction went up my spine while reading this.

Attached: 1522648539016.png (569x667, 545K)

People that are suffering or are mentally sick make the best art. There's going to be a GOAT anime from kyoani incoming. Original anime, dark and edgy masterpiece.

Attached: monokuma.png (960x560, 104K)

>Yea Forumstard crossboarders show their true colors

Attached: 1559873881401.jpg (457x381, 143K)

>1 month time off
some of the injured might not even be able to work after a month.

Yeah sorry mate, that studio is never going to return ever again.

I think you'd ruin the company doing shit like that. The world doesn't stop, it keeps moving, and waiting 1 month while the projects on the table sit untouched is just going to make it that much harder for people coming back in to be able and continue working on these projects.

Another Kaiba? Pls no.

They're burn victims that use hands for work, most of them will probably never work in animation again.

If I were the CEO of KyoAni I'd be very busy figuring out how I can come out of this smelling like a rose so my name isn't tainted and I could go be the CEO of another studio.

My greatest fear for some time now has been to burn. It started when I watched a documentary on WW2 fire bombing. God when I imagine the pain I almost want to kill myself to make sure I will never suffer like that.

Attached: 1514332414974.jpg (1920x1920, 368K)

That's cold.

>1 month of vacation
woah! ONE month! thanks dude

Life goes on. In the US you could be thankful if you get even 1 week off. Gotta pay for Mr Shekelberg's new yacht after all.

We can rebuild them
We have the technology

That's business.

Yeah, and it's very expensive.

Tell that to Boeing's CEO.

Lmao, it'd take more than a month to even sort a new office out.

So?

Tfw we were almost saved but some retard copied Toy Story 2 because he was too lazy to work on site

japs are known for strong mentality but this shit fucks you up seriously. those who did survive will probably take years to recover mentally, some might never recover. I'm talking about serious shit like PTSD and suicide.

most of your employees are about to quit working in anime industry for good

terrorism is traumatizing like that

>Kyoani is finished

Don't get my hopes up user

hey I have an idea
since Netflix just posted their first major subscriber loss ever and Disney is coming out with a streaming channel soon, Netflix animation department might have to restructure
maybe kyoani can hire some new directors from the Netflix animation department management staff, it would also help appeal to the international market because they won’t have to make anime about Japanese kids in high school, they can have more diverse casts and settings with more vibrant plot lines

Contempt for innocent, innofensive cuteness is a sign of mental illness or psychological issues.
That's what I infer from these seemingly edgy, nihilist posts. There are legit sociopaths among these people.

>You all need to be back at work in one month so get over this shit and your petty injuries. I need my new house and its not going to magically appear out of thin air, so I need you guys to work for pennies on the dollars that I make off of your work! I do all the hard stuff anyway like financing and paying for ad time!

Honestly though, there's damn near no way that studio is doing jack shit. Its done. They would have to hire new workers to a company that already had a death trap of a building. this user is 100% right on what that CEO is going to do and there is almost 100% chance that anything they do to help the victims is going to be out of self-preservation and not altruism. He needs a job after that because he can't maintain his lavish lifestyle and his reputation is all he has. I'm not going to flat out demonize the guy, but look at that fucking deathtrap of a building. Even if he legitimately helps them out of the goodness of his heart, he likely would do it anyway to save his reputation.

>some Japanese people died on fire "Who cares? Talk me when real japanese companies (Nintendo, Sony, Toyota) are destroyed"

So I just tell them i'll buy a new expresso machine for the office.
They're going to love it, it will boost morale.

It's pretty sad because animation studios are animation studios. Niche, low salary, 24/7 hard working people. It's not evil lair of bureaucrats with yachts. Not like killing bureaucrats is good thing but people have less empathy to them

Boeing is a piece of shit company with it's hands so far up Washington's and the media's ass that they do whatever the fuck they want and never answer for treating people like garbage. Amazon has had been made to have more accountability than them, and that's saying something, but Amazon isn't in the defense industry.

>CEO and founder might be arrested because they allowed the security to be turned off that day.

Suspicious.

maybe the building was full of foreign work-visa animators from the phillipines or something.

I feel like this more like underage retards that don't understand Yea Forums humour. Yes, it can be very dark at times but usually the people we laugh at deserve it in some aspect. In this case, these people did nothing wrong and deserve respect.

Jeez, isn't that a bit much?

Nobody's forgetting anything. Lucky Star and K-On were just popular, not inventive. There's decades of "moeshit" long before them.

it's a western and psuedo-western idea that the person at the top has to leave their position whenever something happens to people below them because of muh accountability.

I'd assume its just a case of they'll be brought in for questioning to find out why they turned security off. I read in another thread that the security was turned off because they had some visitors in so I think they'll probably get let off.

>name isn't tainted
>*shuts off security the day an arsonist decides to burn the place*
His reputation isn't salvageable at this point. He's always going to be known as the guy who got his staff killed from here on out. Whether it was inadvertent or not doesn't matter.

The CEO can only hope to not be imprisoned for gross negligence at this point.

In all likelyhood it was never used and they are just saying they only turned it off that day.

If they didn't there would be no reason to improve conditions and no risk to them. Make a building with windows that can't open and the only way to leave is the blockable entrance on the first door, with the whole building made of and filled with wood and paper? Why not, you never need to step in that death trap. At least this way there's the minor incentive of "maybe I should have them put a fire escape in somewhere so I don't get fired when a few dozen people on my payroll burn to death".

But in this case an error lead to an arsonist running wild. We'll see if he get repercussion....

and before kyoani they were half as profitable and merely an existence to be tolerated
k-on proved you can sell this shit to even disney channel and the west

They had other studios, some survivors will want to resume working, and they have a big name and better wages so they'll be able to lure people from other companies. It's a huge setback but we'll see Kyoani anime again someday.

i hated KyoAni and wanted it to go

BUT NOT LIKE FUCKING THIS NIGGA

>better wages
Assuming they'd still be able to maintain those high wages after this set back.

Wishes come true in a bad way, nigga

Attached: 0c14812a9ce8b3e2d097ae188d548ff8.jpg (441x500, 34K)

One month of doing nothing, just being depressed? Wow thanks a bunch. Working on your project would help you to NOT think about it. That's how it works in my case. Guys at the other studios probably can still work without much interruption, unless their bosses went smoked in this big meeting. 3 days~one week max for guys at first studio; you can take vacation if you want, but otherwise - you need people to assess what have been destroyed, what can be salvaged and what cannot be, and then just concentrate on most urgent/close to finish projects. Money has to flow, for survivors to have stable jobs and source of income. That's the responsibility of CEO now; the boat has to be kept afloat, especially now. One month is just big fat waste of time and money.

Attached: 1558254198118.gif (220x220, 724K)

USA heavily helped Japan to recover, without usa, their country would be a shithole

It's weird. In America convenience stores and the like get robbed regularly at gunpoint, sometimes resulting in death of the clerk/staff. You figure those same clerks serve/interact with easily upwards of 1-200+ people on any given day, yet very rarely will an incident make headlines beyond its hometown newspaper.

Meanwhile, some people who draw cartoons die in a fire that was totally preventable (take a pen off the desk and stab the lunatic in the eye while he's spritzing gasoline all over the place, overwhelm him with numbers, break windows and jump down because a broken leg is preferable over death by immolation, etc.) and everyone from where it occurred to the other side of the globe is talking about it.

Collectively, we value entertainment far too much. It is killing work ethic and productivity levels in every passing generation. It warps the minds of those who never stop watching it, making them question why their world does not/cannot reflect what they see, when the answer is that it can, but it requires a conscious effort. An effort that is not even recognizable to the self as your mind wanders too long on wanting to get home and just watch your shows.

It is unfortunate so many died, but a pity we care so much about so little.

How litigious are the Japanese in these instances?
If it happened over here, there would be a flood of lawsuits from the survivors and relatives of the deceased that would basically force a company that size into bankruptcy before they even hit court.

Attached: 6446343.jpg (352x550, 24K)

don't care nerd. there is more to life than just work work work. the CEO probably has millions stashed away somewhere, let him use that money to support his business and the survivors.

Sometimes art helps inspire people to get out of bed to go to work and not wanna kill themselves. Anime is art. And when art creators die, it's kind of a big deal.

You know where your posting right friend? Either way its a shit way to go for just wanting to draw cute things.

American here.
Can I be spared when the nukes drop?

NO THIS CAN'T BE THE END IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: 1545211138033.png (290x290, 139K)

Why anons disliking this? I thought VEG was great, do people here really dislike it? I'm glad that it'll be delivered.

pls no bully.

Attached: ar15.jpg (2896x1931, 1.04M)

Don't you aspire to anything beyond consumption?

Continue being gluttonous at your own peril. Your lives will never amount to anything, your family name will be wiped away by the passage of time, and none will remember who you were.

What an unfathomably low fate to wish to consign yourself to, you pitiful creature.

While I overall agree with your point, I think you explained it away yourself: "Regularly".
Convenience store robberies are something that happen pretty often. Friend of mine at work was a bystander when one happened last year.
But I don't think anyone really expected something like this ever to happen, even with the understanding that Perfect Blue-type maniacs are really out there.
I don't know if it's just complacency or naivety on my part or what, but I would have expected a hundred more school or post office or concert shootings before this.

Have sex.

It was because she had a kid so she wanted to work at home. They estimated that it'd take 30 people working for one year to remake everything.

Are we finally free of kyoanifags?

Art is pretty much the definition of "anything beyond consumption", user. Kyoani's works will live on. Nothing wrong with paying tribute to the people who inspired us.

Doors were open because there was a meeting with people outside the company. It's pretty normal, my company does this too.

Edge

>defend yourself against an aggressor
See, that's the American/free man's way of thinking. Japan is a complete 180 from America. That mentality simply doesn't exist there. People are so broken into subservience in Japan that I wonder if one of the staff there didn't off to light the match themselves.

VEG is melodramatic garbage but unlike other melodramatic anime like Clannad it had absolutely no build up to the emotional loaded moments and just felt extremely emotionally manipulative. Plus some of the worst shitposters on this board are VEGfags.

>I care about KyoAni because they produce a good/service that i consume. Also, they are humans.
>I don't care about America's convenience store #8194 because they don't offer any goods/services to me. Also, Americans are not humans and I wouldn't care even if your whole country gets nuked.
Based

commie, I can feel from here you never worked honestly even one day in your life. Not every entrepreneur is filthy rich like Rothschild or some Bill Gates. Can you believe entrepreneurs are humans as well? It's still just some anime studio - expensive business where it's hard to stay afloat. This studio already had issues before this incident, it was just not selling; while animation was arguably good quality. Giving money for nothing like welfare to niggers is the most stupid thing to do. This money is not working, it's not investment. This money has to be put into new equipment, computers, to rent new building and possibly search for some other directors. Kyoani already was giving fair wages to animators and that's the most important thing now - in these trying times, these people need stable source of income. Business failing and people losing jobs is NOT going to be helpful. Take your fee-fees elsewhere.

fuck off tryhard

I really liked the haruhi series

Attached: yuki2.gif (300x403, 139K)

you're right, but the venue is filled with manchildren who don't like being told that hard work brings worthiness to their lives

much rather piss away their weekends jerking off and watching cartoons rather than tending a garden. speaking of which, got plants to water - maybe if kyo had kept some plants handy they'd have had a water source to fight the fire, kek

Attached: MasterJudge.gif (480x270, 841K)

Yeah I have a job in the public sector, i probably do more important work than you, still don't care nerd

I disagree with you, user, but whatever the case is, let's ignore it for today. I feel bad for what happened, and maybe, just for today, we should stop our shitposting for them.

>public sector
>important
sure
I find it funny how you are calling me nerd

you are on fucking Yea Forums retard, did you got lost?

no more moe lmao!

I hope so. I feel bad for the people that died but after this the board can only improve.

No

(you) (you) (you)
Theres your quota for the day faggot

Why bother responding then?

Attached: wdytwa.png (644x644, 688K)

I don't know.

They're gutted when 1/5 of your staff gets burned to death your company is probably dead

Yeah but this is like the weeb library of Alexandria burning down

Whatever happens I hope the employees are okay and manage to continue working with what they love
>Netflix
>Diverse cast
>Vibrant plot
>Catering to western audiences
Either you're trolling or not, fuck off.

>an animator with burnt hands is no longer an animator. Most of those 36 will be gone.
Most injuries in fires are from smoke inhalation.

you need to go back to r/anime

Thats how I feel whenever I have a hard drive crash.

Said CEO is probably going to blow it on legal fees since he turned off the security system.

Go back to wherever you came from if you think this wouldn't be 100% the case here.

this board can improve when you fuck off to Yea Forums

You fags deserve it for shitting up the Sora Yori threads.

I know of the gas attacks to their metro, but other than that nah. Also, they still have the worse case for a single murder, I forgot her name but a girl got abducted by some kids and got tortured for weeks. Nips can be savages. And it's hard to feel sympathy to people I didn't know. Sure, I feel slightly bad, but other than that I have nothing towards them and I don't like speaking with hyperboles.

CEO's live seppuku when?

cringe

it's not that hard to run a business without acting like an insect

Attached: edgy as fuck.jpg (640x458, 43K)

In other words, he can be even more screwed...

>implying you'd know anything about that
stupid brat, go outside and collect bugs or something.

>they lost their building and everything in it including not only personal stuff but whatever wasn't saved to the cloud
But the main production building was the office in Uji. Their main archive is in that building.

Lots of people were stuck on the stairway to the roof, because the door to the rooftop opened inwards, which is retarded.

Even more dumb is the fact that it's a recent building, from 2015, and it's this lacking.

I heard it was cancelled

>Coworker had his son shot in the head point blank at a house party earlier this month, he's been out of work for two weeks now mourning
>That chick who got her throat slashed by /r9k/ with pictures posted a couple days ago
>Now one of the biggest anime studios is on life support after having over 30 of their key employees killed in an arson attack
I blame the heat, fuck July.

Attached: 1499618101658.jpg (882x701, 207K)

Just the trailer reveal I think

Attached: 88b.jpg (680x383, 34K)

This is a PA Works project....

>>Coworker had his son shot in the head point blank at a house party earlier this month, he's been out of work for two weeks now mourning
Damn, i didn't even hear about this one.

Do you have a link for the r9k story?

I think he means his IRL coworker.

Only until we burn them down too.

Just because KyoAni is shit and it's best if their doors were closed permanently because of how terrible their developed anime are, doesn't mean he is wrong.

Underages who never watch Drama/Coming of Age movies before. And majority of Yea Forums(nel) nowadays are Underages. This is why i rarely visits this shit place nowadays unless theres something big happen.

I just wished for the VEGfag to stop spamming the board, I didn't asked for this ;_;

There is a god and he watched Haruhi S2 on Netflix recently

>they allowed the security to be turned off that day
Seriously?

Attached: 1433379235830.gif (720x534, 549K)

I guess is part of those "rituals" people do to get into the "zone", you know, before working some people do weird things to focus on what they are doing.

Your logic makes no sense.
If someone has never seen a drama or coming of age story, they should be blown away by how great it is.
It's only when you've already seen like a gazillion of them, that you start to become overly critical and hate it because it's too much like everything else you have already seen.

It was apparently because they were supposed to have visitors that day.

One month, give them a week off. This is Japan, not burger land.

Also dock the dead workers pay for not showing up, or not leaving in this case.

It's the redditfags that invaded a while ago. It's funny how easy they are to spot.

the difference between the r9k girl and the other stories is that the r9k bitch did it to herself

You talking about the messages? You have to be retarded to think they were anything but some guy trolling.

Nah dude she was trash. A psychopath drug addled whore.

>The Japanese despise the mentally ill.
For the Otaku yes, but for others who are suffering from it no.

It was years of build-up. I'm more surprised that it hasn't happened to the other /r9k/ girls at all.

Lost in the fire apparently

Put your hard drives in RAID, user. It's completely worth it for people who store lots of stuff.

>anime studio forced to close because a chunk of the staff were murdered
What the fuck is this world?

Here are your average kyoani haters
underaged Yea Forumsermin discordfags circlejerkers
their leader was born in 2000

Attached: file.png (1895x843, 730K)

Most serious accidents/incidents have this quality to them although you can't explain it to conspiracy theorists sadly. It would be hard to name a serious accident of the last 30 years where there wasn't a combination of unusual circumstances, for example, its almost always safe to bet someone had disabled an alarm for whatever reason, the person who was usually doing the job got called away or whatever. What it implies is that most potential serious incidents are actually prevented and less reported as a result but people don't think that way about emotive news.

>Only the robutt anime wifey gets to live

Attached: 1538710675928.jpg (134x176, 7K)

Imagine that a restaurant fire killed the cooks and the management upstairs. Half the staff is still alive, but they are all waiters, dishwashers and janitors, a restaurant that does not make.

Even worse, that's a Steam Group Chat. Awful!

Staff is ash, and so is basically all there work, I hope they give the train bath an acid bath and the fucking rope after ten to twenty years of solitary confinement

Words you say in order to sound tough in front of others, but the real consequences of which you wouldn't tolerate if it happened to you.

His sociopathy had become a burden on society. Thats not good business, just a fungus covering his sorry ass so he could leech off of some other industry.

Nah, Yea Forums humor has always been ruthless.
consider the gore and rekt threads.

But the biggest laughs were always saved and had at the expense of those who earned.

It's a kind of survivorship/screening bias. Any time a system intended to prevent some sort of tragedy actually functions it is essentially guaranteed that the incident isn't reported at all, and they're never widely reported. The freak coincidence type tragedies always garner the most attention due to their nature

Wow, end of an era I guess really

You're a fucking moron user, stop giving your opinion on things

This is why incels should always be under female survilance.

>Kyoani is finished
Time to fucking celebrate

Oh goodness, a commie here to lecture the proles on what their interests actually are, and to scold people about their materialistic habits and "greed" (all the while, insisting that what we can't have in excess is what material outcomes they offer).

>All their current and future projects are likely cancelled or indefinitely postponed
God Bless. What a trash heap of a studio

It’s popular, therefore it’s bad.

People in need die because of your excess you disgusting freak.

We have enough food to feed the world many times over. My watching of television kills no one.

>Saw a post saying Kyoani has between 100 and 150 employees so at the very least they lost 1/5 of their entire employee base in a single day.

I remember once hearing some opinion that suggested a military force's effectiveness is typically neutralized (on the macro-scale), at around something like 20% casualties.

nazi

The are like four studios that could do them justice and three of those don't adapt moe. Only DogaKobo could do them justice.

Frankly, the fire itself fucked him up, so he might just pass away by his own doing.

>three of those don't adapt moe
Kyoani hasn't done much moe recently either.

How is this weird? You could make the same case for natural deaths. Some wagie clerk who served a million people in his lifetime could have had a heart attack and won't make the news but anyone in the entertainment industry will dominate the news for a week even if they died a completely normal death at an old age.

>They turned the security off because they were having guests over for a meeting or some shit.
If that's true it's pretty weird. Everywhere I've worked we had cards to enter buildings and guests were given temporary ones and/or escorted around. What's the point of security procedures if you randomly turn them off?

>33 dead
>the rest suffering burns of varying severity
>the mental trauma of seeing your colleagues and friends die or not coming out safely
It probably is. All that A-grade staff is meaningless if their hands don't work properly and the trauma doesn't fuck them up first.

youtube.com/watch?v=P-3GOo_nWoc
Oh! Noooooooooo!

gardening is gay

help seeking Kyoani staff was pictured

Attached: 7D4650BA-6495-4D68-A938-72E6A25FD180.jpg (1440x810, 211K)

so their clothes are gone but no burns at all?
are u lying to me internet person?

They sure did

user he's completely covered in 3rd degree burns.

firepunch kyoani ?
they got exp now

They didn't.
The USA rebuilt Japan, and then the USA bought all their steel to rebuild Europe for the Europeans.

and his underpant magically survive? does the surviving women also have their bras intact?

they had to scrap what they recovered because it was bad and they had to start over anyway

We get worse moe instead.

Yes exactly.
>An agitated man approached the main reception area where he was intercepted by security.
>He became louder and was advised to put his complaints in writing and arrange an appointment if necessary and asked to leave the site.
>Police were called but he left before they arrived heading in the direction of the station.
A very boring security log that nobody comments on. You probably couldn't find a corporation that doesn't have something like that in the last month.

It looks more like the entire top of his pants survived.

99% of security is trivial theater

Attached: a1e.png (500x366, 132K)

A vast majority of herotards probably couldn't tell you who animated the show.

They should use the charcoal of their co-worker's remains and draw a beautiful manga in dedication.

Wait what the fuck is this about? What kind of security are we talking about here? Were doors left unlocked or something?

Japanese CEOs usually aren't rich.

youtube.com/watch?v=emVXc8BxI7o
you