KyoAni

I didn't know they had such small building for a renowned studio like that

Attached: IMG_5684.jpg (1600x1200, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FSP-2VINGa4?t=152
www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011997831000.html?utm_int=detail_contents_news-related_002
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashover
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble
youtu.be/qgzC4wYn_3g
bbc.com/news/world-asia-49027178
youtube.com/watch?v=bFBI2bloEKo
twitter.com/ARDEN_katai/status/1151861680898318336
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

competitor's studio (JC Staff)

Attached: 245px-Musashisakai_Swing-bdg.jpg (245x424, 40K)

Soul
Soulless

>literal cube
>soul

Ah so that's where JC Staffs' budget went, at least that explains why everything they produce looks so shit.

That's such an easy jump from the 2nd floor wtf, open up a window

Stay seething opmtard

They have more than one building.
JC Staff does not occupy the entire building.

The own several buildings but yeah their animation quality may fool you into believing they're some animation juggernaut.

Attached: 1501347296406.png (709x382, 459K)

fags like would call it "comfy"

Chad corporation vs virgin boutique

Can't open the windows when every workplace is required to have anti-suicide locks on the windows.

lots of buildings in japan are small

They have at least three buildings. Animation studios also hire out a lot of their animation to other groups. Most other animation studios are in similar buildings. Or take up just one floor in a huge building like Even Disney's animation department was in a shitty World War II surplus building before they dissolved it.

why didn't they jump out of the window?

>only one exit
now thats pretty fucking stupid

so how the fuck 33 people + others in such small building

That doesn't look like the one that burned. I've been outside of it.

then take a chair and break the window.

nips are small people

How many Americans have died from Japanese radiation?

why does it have to be reinforced i usually see this stuff in the us around poor neighborhoods

Fewer than the reverse.

that looks like shibarako

Looks like a regular apartment.

Special meeting going on

>some dogshit tiny building
>only 70 staff
>one of the most highly regarded studios

damn, the anime business really is in the pits

Then you must be a newfag.
I'm an newfag and even I have seen many threads about studio buildings and IRL anime location.

That's not the building that burnt down you absolute fucking retards.

Attached: 1280px-Kyoto_Animation_Studio_1.jpg (1280x960, 328K)

Profit margins are razor thin because westerners keep pirating media. Each pirate is a lost sale, even moreso if they download the same episode multiple times.

They're doing even better than western animation. There's a reason 90% of animation commissioned by western studios send the work to Asia.

fellow crab

>Kyoto Animation employs approximately 160 people. Its No. 1 Studio is located in Fushimi Ward in Kyoto and began operating in 2008.

what was the inside of KyoAni like before it burned down? old traditional cubical layout? spacious? looks cramped from the outside with no ventilation.

"He seemed to be in pain, irritated and suffering, but also angry as if he was resentful. I heard him saying something like 'you copied it'," a neighbour said.

The Asahi Shimbun newspaper quoted a 61-year-old neighbour as saying she c

user, you don't outsource to companies doing better than you..

What?

They outsource the animation work because most western studios don't have the skill to do it. The big studios like Disney, WB, Nick and etc killed their internal animation studios. But even when Disney and the like had full blown animation studios, they still sent the bulk of the work to Japan/Korea because it was cheaper. Go watch an episode of Duck Tales or Batman or something and see the credits. Half of them are Asian.

Do they even have a full floor in that building?

they dont own the building, retard. They are just renting some of the floors there

>because westerners keep pirating media.
Japanese studios don't get money from westerners. And it's their own fault for selling the rights to shit distributors instead of building the anime market themselves. If they had actually done the work back in the early 2000s to establish the market, they would be making 10x more profit than they do now. Instead, they let companies like Viz, ADV and Manga handle it. And it only increased people's desire to turn to piracy, because those companies are so shit.

still more than kyo ano

Wow that's sad and fucked up.
I mean that building looks just awful.
They can't put a fucking picture on the side of it?

that's because what matters is on the inside, and now it's gone

Attached: 1523310057768.jpg (240x193, 11K)

ah one entrance not in a central location. Thats a fire hazard.

At least the JC Building has more then one escape route.

>glass door
couldn't they have just broken the fucking glass?

>Each pirate is a lost sale
No one would know about anime if piracy didn't exist.

TICKETS PUNCHED
I
C
K
E
T
S

P
U
N
C
H
E
D

Its CUTE.
It didnt deserve to burn.

Attached: 1532606938922.jpg (324x291, 13K)

Piracy is litterally how anime became as big as it is.
As a matter of fact, it's the reason why this site was created and why most of us are here.
One pirated piece of media isn't a lost sell.
It's a future potential sale and good pr.

>building becomes an oven in less than 5'
>tiny windows
>door to the roof was blocked

don't they have fire department inspections over there? goddamn.

That's not true. They're unable to open because it's more efficient for heating and air cooling.

>Enviromentalism strikes again, just like Grenfel.

Their shitty wooden spiral staircase is in front of the door.

And get stabbed by the cunt?

Kyoani has these paper screens they put on the windows to stop too much light from getting in. The moment those things catch fire, you're not getting anywhere near the windows.

>And get stabbed by the cunt?
there were +30 people in the fucking building
they could have easily taken him out

The last one was in october 2018.

Dude, it's the anime industry.
They treat those guys like shit.

Some women against an obese 40 year old with machetes?

I'm sure the death toll would have been much lower if you had been in the building, retard.
Because your ugliness and stench would drive most people out.

I see a garage door on the right, not too sure what the ideal setup is though for fire hazards, and of course fire hazards themselves should generally be rare-ish, I suppose they'll double check if the fire code should be adjusted after this.
Fire escapes may look a little ghetto but it's there to be a literal life saver.

yeah sure whatever you fat beta cunt

Oh sure and I bet you'll ask why kids don't just tackle their school shooter. Fucking idiot.

And they somehow fit 70+ people in that place.

Jesus fucking Christ.

KyoAni is known for more female animators than male animators

You're an idiot. Piracy exists in the west because the companies do fuck all to distribute to the west.

We killed them

grab a fucking pen an stick it in his throat or eye socket or something, what the fuck man?
they're in an animation studio, they surely have enough shit that they could use as improvised weapons.

plus the height in both these pics doesn't seem THAT high if we're looking at the first row of windows at least, they could've probably just broke the damn window and jump the balcony from there without suffering much damage

Attached: 1548715338036.jpg (2000x2666, 1.98M)

See

Maybe the had the fancy Plexiglas windows from Acrylic plastic or Lexan from poly-carbonate.
You literally can't break them through usual means: youtu.be/FSP-2VINGa4?t=152

You're unironically retarded.

What's your fucking point, you fucking retard?

wow only 160. since they lost 12% of their staff i assume therell be a huge delay on their part

>t. retard who can't think outside the box

Not them but women are biologically on average weaker than men.

I can't find this building on google maps. I always thought there was just the original studio in the OP and then the Kyoani & Do shop building down the street from that.

Why does it look like a Mexican restaurant in a bodega

>dead
>alive

NHK had former fire investigator for police and CSI Professor Haeito Keizo explain

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011997831000.html?utm_int=detail_contents_news-related_002

"1階の窓が壊れて飛散していることから、1階部分で爆燃現象、爆発現象が起きたと思われる。2階と3階は外壁が焼け落ちたような状況がみられるため、非常に温度の高い状況が、それも短時間で発生したと推定される。これらの状況からガソリンのような液体がまかれて着火し、急速な火災が起こったと思われる "

From the first floor window and debris spread, it is concluded that the first floor had an explosion occur, and the extensive damage to the outer wall of the 2nd and 3rd floor, show that it was very high temperture, so it is likely that an liquid like gasoline or other was used to start and make the fire bigger"

通常の火災は室内の温度が1000度以上は上がらないが、ガソリンは場合によって1500度まで上昇する。これは鉄が溶けるような熱さで火炎を浴びただけで息ができなくなる。爆発現象が起きた1階では、状況が分からないまま人々が火炎に包まれ、2階と3階にいた人たちは爆発音は聞いていると思うが、何がなんだかわからないまま炎と煙に襲われて、逃げ場を失ったと思われる

Normal fire inside a building don't reach temperature over 1000 degree, but gasoline fire can reach over 1500 degree, able to melt metal at that temperture it is impossible to breath, people on the first floor was perished quickly, 2nd and 3rd floor heard the explosion, but before had time to reach, the fire and smoke came, and they didn't had time to run/react.

ガソリンは着火と同時に火炎が数メートル上がるなど、通常とは比較にならないスピードで炎が広がるので、おそらく火災報知器が鳴る時間も、防火扉が作動する時間もないぐらい勢いよく燃え広がったと思われる。火が出てからでは逃げるのは困難で、建物内の入退室の管理や荷物のチェックなどのセキュリティー強化が必要だ」と指摘しています。

Due to the unatural speed and spread of the fire, likely rising a few meter after igniting so spreading very fast, there wasn't time for the fire alarm and fire door to activate, making escape impossible, the only secure way now is to increase checking of personal item and coming in and out of building.

that's because they are pure soul

...soulless

Based JC

What caused the explosion

those all look like sliding windows why couldnt they just slide open the window jump out and drop down? worst would be a broken leg or two. Were the windows locked? If so how hard is it to break one ive never tried. It just confuses me how so many people died, i realize im ignorant when it comes to fires but damn, just jump out a window

>there wasn't time for the fire alarm and fire door to activate
Wow, what a shitty system the nips are employing. Oh well, you get what you paid for.

While they could've tried a desperate action to defend themselves they were most likely pacifistic people who lacked any rage since they didn't suffer the pain other animators do.

>CR shilling this hard after advertising Kyoani shows non stop since morning
My god. You are not people.

Why does Japan look like a complete shithole except for a few areas in Tokyo?

I seriously thought this was the country of the future.

Yes, my logical thinking kicks in as I pass out from smoke inhalation.

Perhaps some pressurized container. Not really familiar with chemical shit, don't really see Japanese nutcases making proper bombs but who knows.

>guys if I were there they would NEVER have been attacked! HIRE ME NOW
I hate tragedies because all the power tripping faggots go all out with internet-smart past even "predictions"

Most likely gasoline vapor, if you let it vaporize long enough and start a spark in a contained roo it can blow up instead of just lighting up because the vapor is more flamable than the liquid.

Trying to keep things sort of traditional-ish?
Or in most cases, if a building isn't deteriorating, it's generally not cost efficient to update it. So they're not bothered with since they're probably still trying to rebuild stuff after the tsunami.

its well known the old people in japan hate technology and try to use as little as possible. the fact that japs are cheap mfers doesnt help

>American who lives in THIS complaining about Japanese cities
Yikes

Attached: 1563466565969.jpg (3072x2304, 2.63M)

That's not the one that got burnt down.

Attached: 43243.jpg (1275x2852, 709K)

1. not american, english

2. still preferable over a shitty broom closet in Japan

Hmm, I dunno. Maybe burning gasoline?

Attached: 1557029328420.png (629x581, 24K)

>his normal thinking doesn't naturally default to logical on any given hour of the day
I mean yeah, you'd pass out and die by that point while you're waiting for your brain to start working out a logical solution if you can't already make it out instantly.

Only poorfag urbaniggers hate on the comfy, peaceful suburbs.

I used to live in the suburbs but now I have to live in the fucking city like a gremlin thanks to my job.

Kyoanus staff confirmed for retarded. Why the fuck would you not jump from those windows?

it's easy to act like you'd be thinking rationally in that kind of situation

you ever stood at a decent enough height than what you're normally used to?
it might look like a small enough drop from the picture but if you literally staring down at the pavement from the window and that height itself, your instincts would kick and it'd probably seem like suicide at that point because the height seems higher than what you're used to, therefore it's perceived as a potential threat.

They might have suffocated before they had the chance.

>I seriously thought this was the country of the future.

That's a meme that was really only somewhat true in the 90s.

Panicked and considering the explosion they probably didn't have enough time to process the situation before passing out due to the smoke. You also have to remember that people rushing a small corridor or entry tend to cause congestion (like in Black Friday sales). The "smart" thing to do would be to form a line, but when you're burning up rational thinking is almost never prevails. Oh, and a few of the ones who did make it outside were doused in gasoline by the faggot so they burned to death.

Pretty shit situation overall.

nothing of valor was lost then

KyoAni studio only has soul because they are all ghosts now.

He lit the entrance on fire

It was a perfect storm clusterfuck of bad building design, too many people in such a small building to hope to escape in any reasonable fashion, and the arsonist going for the scorched earth approach by making sure the main exit was as inaccessible as possible.

>If the building would've had proper fire regulations it wouldn't have made a difference
k

Why did the guy who lit the fire do it

It's hard to act rationally under pressure, and even assuming you could act rationally, they don't have the advantage of objective view here. Imagine that we have someone who understands standard fire procedure and he's calm in that situation, he can still easily go through a process of like:
>This fire occurred so suddenly, it must've originated on the second floor where I'm at. I need to immediately head towards the ground to avoid the smoke and get out of the front door.
>Oh fuck. The fire was actually on the first floor, how the hell did that happen. Alright, the building is steel enforced and the fire can't melt it so I guess I'll rush towards the roof top quickly enough to avoid suffocation and wait out for the fire fighters.
>Oh fuck. The heat was enough to melt metal and the roof is inaccessible now due to deaths and damages. I need to head back to the second floor windows now.
>Oh fuck. I'm already dead.

70 clocked in today

So did the building burn down completely?

all we know so far is A.) he was shouting DIE DIE DIE and the police found him still trying to burn the building down instead of trying to run or anything, he was partially burned himself in the process. B.) there were threatening emails telling them to die and we can only currently assume it was this guy that sent them. and C.) a local rumor though unconfirmed in the area that people heard him rambling about how "they copied it" towards kyoani, but there's no substantiated proof that this ever happened.

Which one is more likely to have actual fire exits?
Soul? More like dead.

Home to the most roasties in the industry.

Attached: 8615465210.png (348x378, 64K)

I already know the answer but did he have autism?

If you already know the answer then why ask the question

Kek

>*blocks your paths*
Comfy rural soulfull stable coming through.

Attached: P.A.WORKS barn.jpg (3808x2192, 3.02M)

have you ever jumped from a 3rd floor?

comfy indeed

People jumped from the fucking Twin Towers rather than burn to death. Potential threat < Genuine threat.

That places literally looks like a matchbox and would go up in flames even quicker than Kyoani's building.

Looks like an Amazon warehouse.

Looks like my father's warehouse.

In the US we DO have housings like that, mainly because rich folks bought as much land as they could so they forced people to rent if they want to live around the area instead of buying a house they have to rent otherwise they have to drive anywhere from half an hour to 2 hours to get to the location.
Also, most of them are also build very cheap with most of them are made out of wood and tons of flamable materias because it's cheaper to rebuild as well.

just shimmy down the walls lmao

No but i would if it were between that and turning to ash

>the building is that fucking low
>balconies
jesus christ, how the fuck did they not climb out, you could straight up jump from the second story balcony and you'd be fine

Attached: 1538255023101.jpg (1200x1200, 268K)

it was mostly women that died

i'll concede this much about women - they're better at dying than men

zergrush doesnt care about gender

>Downtown
>Your neighborhood apartment
>Bike park
>balcony, comfy for smoke
>Bulletin board
S O U L
Should've gotten more security camera and fire safety measure tho.
>business district
>Literally mall
>2nd floor cafe
>Sun on your eyes and in your screen
>3rd to 5th floor are probably rented office
S O U L L E S S
I hate working in this type of place

Everyone enters in panic on a fire for the first few times and with the smoke it's almost impossible to see inside the building
t. Firefighter

yeah but those were americans, not niponians

I guess, but wouldnt windows and balconies be the first thing you'd try after finding out the stairs were gone

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashover

>t. Firefighter
Is this how you look IRL?

Attached: firefighter3.jpg (443x550, 63K)

What if the way back to the windows from the stairs is gone?

well was it?
wouldnt going balls the the wall and running trough the flames be better than just staying in a spot waiting to die

Besides the people that got gasoline poured on them and probably directly set on fire, I still don't understand how the fuck people actually died in that small ass building from asphyxiation. It's literally only 3 fucking stories. How long/hard would it take to get from the 3rd floor to the first floor? People actually died on the first floor too. Literally couldn't break through a window or something?

The pulmonary capacity of women is pretty shit, most of them probably ended unconscious after 2 minutes also could have happened
I wish

I read in another thread it went by extremely fast.

This. In that situation I would literally just risk it and run through the fire than stand there and wait to suffocate.

Lobotomize everone who watches anime and give them bigger flouride rations just in case.

Any comments on other studios?
Wouldnt suprised if their security buffed up

>even moreso if they download the same episode multiple times
I'm almost certain this post is a joke, anons.

If anything a lower lung capacity would save you as less CO enters your bloodstream...

Apparently windows were also engulfed due to flammable materials like shoji screens.

My guess
Smoke killed them first

the first floor(main entrance) was already lit ablaze (fucking exploded from the gas fumes buildup) and the stairwell leading to the roof was filled with smoke from what we have heard. there was nowhere for them to flee

If you’re sucking smoke you don’t get time to check for extra exits. Same reason they couldn’t get the door open on the stairs. “Why didn’t they just move the body/bodies back so the door could open?” Not enough time before they were overcome by smoke inhalation.

>baritone saxophones and trains are now linked to mass murder and fires
What a fucking world we live in.

Was wondering if the building has fire exit?

What do you mean? It's made from glorious japanese wood. This guarantees that building is safe, solid and sturdy, it surely can withstand any fire.

Attached: pa.jpg (640x480, 132K)

Attached: HoLeeSiet.jpg (1024x771, 101K)

Most people tried doing that but the roof door was apparently locked and they died in the stairwell.

>low af building
>even has grass and bushes and shit down
>ass load of windows
Did they have a death wish or what? How do you not survive that?

this is a fucking fire hazard just waiting to be ignited..

Becoming paraplegic or quadraplegic wouldn't be fun at all imo.

Why didn't they just break the doo- oh wait, they're women.

from that 3rd story height you'd break your legs sure, but I doubt your spine would go

Jumping down or dying from fire.You choose. I can understand irrational decisions due to panic and mass hysteria but wtf... You can survive a fall from that roof...

*leaves magnifying glass in pen cup near window*

Attached: Warehouse_Fire_Side.jpg (1200x675, 116K)

>I seriously thought this was the country of the future.
It was in the 1980s. Partly that's why it still is the 1980s in Japan

There was only one staircase and one weird twisted ladder.
And first floor was burning inferno.
Only way to escape was through the window or through the roof. Everyone rushed to the roof but was not able to open the door.

You're assuming you'd act rationally in a panic.

That's even assuming you'd think at all. Most people shut the fuck down when something completely out of the blue happens. You have to prepare yourself mentally. When the Tenerife crash happened in 1977, a number of survivors recorded that many people died in a stupor, cooking to death in shock. One in particular noted that he paid attention to emergency instructions before the accident and was alert because he was prepared mentally.

the wooden beams are not the problem in the picture. the furniture and stacks of paper would be the only contributors to the fire load in a fire scenario there.

it's a common misconception that all wood burns like tindersticks. solid wood and most cross laminated or glulam timbers burn in a very slow and controlled manner. the surface chars, the core of the elements remains relatively cool and most of all retains its full load-bearing capacity. contrast that with steel, which loses its load-bearing capacity at relatively low temperatures, or reinforced concrete, which lends to explosive disintegration. for evacuation purposes, solid timber is unironically one of the better building materials to have.

pretty certain of that huh? it's easy to be confident that you'd be physically and mentally capable of doing something like that, but in the moment it's a very different thing.

Basically, in 90s Japanese economy collapse and never recovered
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble

I actually was in a fire once, but i was right next to the window to the roof of a parking lot so I dont know if it counts

damn imagine bunching up in a stairwell with 32 other incels and slowly burning and choking to death
they didn't deserve it

Attached: 15354354545.jpg (800x800, 69K)

>Everyone rushed to the roof but was not able to open the door.
Heard everyone cant open the door or were they died from the smoke before going to the roof?

those fuckers will do this top10 eventually.

It very well could. Even fires aren't all that rare.

But they're usually not set by madmen trying to kill everyone and stab people who make it out.

>low af building
Now that i think about it, this is one of the reason why smoke killed them so fucking fast

Well, they probably died from carbon monoxide poisoning before fire reached them.

Train autists must pay...

Attached: 1563434790103.jpg (1366x768, 144K)

That's what happened in the Station nightclub fire. 30+ bodies all clumped up in the entrance way burned alive, it was worse because the doorway wasn't locked or anything they were just too jammed packed together to make it through

>incels
Wasn't there a nursery on the upper floors?

we will never find out but most likely the combustion gases and fumes did them in before they could get to the door. they ran straight into the area inside the building that most likely had the highest concentration of those fumes.

nah mine was started by a faulty cable in the ceiling that ignited a caravan inside the storage hall where i work

Remember your fire drills kids.

>women animated dragon maid
wtf

>Station nightclub fire
That was hell, I can't believe the footage of that shit, fucking incredible.

Nips are suicidal so probably they're grateful that somebody facilitated their untimely passing without them losing honour.

It unclear. People say that door was opening to inside and in panic they forget about it.
But even if it true it doesn't really matter, they had very few time to react. Not even minute, seconds.

Hopefully the smoke killed them instead of burned alive
Being burned alive is more painful death

>fire alarm didn't activate because the fire was too hot
????

oh man I remember back in college we would go to this mexican restaurant that had the worst designed entry I've ever seen
a small glass box type of room that had interfering doors
pic related
in the case of a fire that shit could kill people

Attached: retarded doors.png (1112x1164, 26K)

How do you think they got the jiggle physics figured out?

>33 deaths, 35 critical injuries
How many fucking employees are there even? They can't have more than 100. They are literally shut down in every way possible. Like, the dudes in charge of PR and the dudes could have been wiped out or strapped to a hospital bed, so they can't even do that much.

Pretty hard to build good looking buildings when your country's hit by 3 earthquakes a day.

I've jumped from second floor as a kid with my cousin, third floor would certainly hurt you pretty bad but it beats death.

>tfw I've been working in an office building for 3 years and we've never had a fire drill
Nobody thinks it's gonna happen to them until it does

This. wtf?

of course nightclub goers are the retarded animals that would allow that to happen

Fire probably melted the housing, causing the particle detector to fail.

kek

Attached: heart.jpg (5433x4016, 2.9M)

Holy shit you're retarded, user

Did the guy really burn a bunch of people alive just because of some fucking train?

Last count was 150~ but the staff count for that current location was around 70.

The studio is dead, user. SHAFT won.

Call your local Fire Marshall or OSHA. It's probably against some law, but I'm fairly ignorant.

That's a meme, one of the reasons there cars are so easy to work on is because they don't try to reinvent the same parts every year, they just try to make what works and update when they absolutely have to.

Fuck off to Yea Forums with your shitty memes

Stop shilling for Crunchyroll MB.

Most of the domestic fire sensors simply not designed for fire that hot and break down. Same goes for sprinklers. In fire like this they literally melt down before activating.

>Hopefully the smoke killed them instead of burned alive
you burn alive from the inside when "the smoke kills you". those fumes are hot. several hundred degrees celsius hot. the last thing you feel before you die is the sun exploding in your chest.

In Russia there was cinema fire indecent not very long ago. 64 dead/79 injured. 41 children. Doors were literally locked

Attached: 1280px-Zimnyaya_Vishnya_floor_4_plan.svg.png (1280x959, 105K)

Wow no wonder a fire killed half the staff, good thing it wasn't a gunman instead to kill all of them

lack of zoning laws, you can build what you want wherever so you can have a tiny house sandwiched between skyscrappers

Don't know where you work, but in california building fire's are taken pretty seriously to the point where I was hired to stay up all night and just play vidya and watch animu, just to make sure no fire's started in a building that didn't have working fire systems.

Well, it Russia. They are known for ignoring all kinds of safety regulations imaginable until shit hits the fan.

>in california building fire's are taken pretty seriously to the point where I was hired to stay up all night and just play vidya and watch animu, just to make sure no fire's started in a building

Sounds like a good job. Pay well?

All of you people saying they're retarded for not jumping out the windows are retarded.

>At larger fires, flames can be drawn to open windows. Therefore, if you break a window in an unburned area, you can pull fire to that area, causing greater damage. You also can draw fire toward victims who may still be in the building, not to mention firefighters who may be conducting a search.

>lack of zoning laws
Yeah, no. Don't talk out of your ass.

Japan doesn't really have guns, unless it's military or yakuza but even then it's a rarety.

they are severely lacking decent zoning laws

In Maryland, housing developers/contractors are required to hire a fire watchman at sites to do exactly that if they want to build or rehab here. Literally all he has to do is hang out on the property and call 911 and the owner if he sees a fire start.

In alarmed that this joke is going over everyone's heads even with the "same episode multiple times" part.

>unironically 2 left fully functional in the entire BUILDING
>only 55% of staff of entire COMPANY are healthy
Yeah, they're absolutely fucked.

This

I applaud you, user, for having an intact capacity for thinking. Unlike that other retard.

No it was minimum wage and was only temporary (6 months). The real job position was to wear a security jacket and walk in circles in a small area to scare off homeless and professional shoplifters, and help detectives spot and detain people who did shoplift for the same minimum wage while they got payed more to eat and sit behind cameras all day.

You can't even break your eating habit, fatass

Japan can't into business. I'm starting to think their auto segment was a complete and total accident.

In a parallel universe they actually broke all the Windows in an attempt to escape and the same fucking anons are calling them retarded for it.

remind me not to go see a movie in russia, either you get gassed by your own government or you burn to death.

JAPAN NUMBA WAN
WE DON'T NEED THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET

What happened to the door on the rooftop? They say at least 10 people died while trying to reach it and was blocked.

Imagine the hottest most arid day you’ve ever experienced with your lungs dry and heaving. Now replace that dryness with burning heat, that is smoke inhalation.

not drills. The equipment must be up to code, but I've never seen a case for drills to be made mandatory.

You can be an incel and have children.

>This is my wife's son

I think what user meant is he hopes they died of CO2 poisoning, which during a fire usually kills more people than the fire or smoke directly and is a much less painful way to go.

>this is a crack baby from Russia I adopted

Holy fuck, it looks exactly like a shop where I buy my kiełbasa and piwo.

Soichiro Honda was one of the only businessmen who developed a way to capture the international market, and other japanese car companies copied him.

Other businesses havent been able to pull it off because japan is a weird ass secular island country

Attached: 1487640138924.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

>renowned
All they did is a slice of life about dumb girls doing retarded shit
The market is currently flooded with this shit right now, just because their shit got fansubbed and known to the West, doesn't mean it is nearly so popular in Japan.

Adoption/wife's son

Imagine it was actually Takeshobo

Attached: iu.jpg (1106x1200, 258K)

And yet it didn't. You know why? 'Cause they make actual good anime so people don't have any vendetta against them

>This is an aids baby from Kenya

no not chinmy effect. thats completely vertical. this is a 30 degree angle phenomena; that is worse, its was named the trench effect.
youtu.be/qgzC4wYn_3g go to 42 minute mark

Attached: sIAU8b7.jpg (1620x1080, 1.01M)

>wife
>involuntarily celibate
It could be technically correct, but it feels wrong all the same.

Imagine having a wife that won't have sex with you.

They are JAPS FOR FUCKS SAKE.
TOTSUGEKIII

Pretty much all the women in the industry are pervs.

i understand as much, but that was not the kind of fire that gently lets you fall asleep and not wake up anymore. the kyoani staff went through hell on earth.

i'm the agnostic kind of christian so i don't believe in the kind of prayers people mean when they say they pray for someone's soul (with a hashtag for retweets), but man, i really, really hope those people are in a better place now. they went out of this world in an awful way. if there is another world beyond this one, i hope it treats them more nicely.

Kyoanusfaggots should kill themselves.

>Other businesses havent been able to pull it off because japan is a weird ass secular island country
I wonder what would happen if anime/vns/lns opened its market to other countries?

Shut the fuck up, you autistic moron virgin. Do the world a favor and hang yourself.

Get a fucking life, you waste of space.

>160 employees
>33 dead
>36 injured (burnt)
>the rest psychologically traumatized
>it's a criminal act and not an accident

How do you continue making stories about cute highschool girls after that?

More like, it speaks volume of their talent and quality of work.

Looks like a whole bunch of animation students are about to get their foot in the door.

They say it opened inward, so people stacked up on it, and also the smoke went up so they wouldn't have time to back off to open it properly. That's assuming it wasn't locked to begin with.

>implying animators who draw cute highschool girls for pennies 24/7 aren't already miserable

KyoAni employee workforce is majority female.

Many of the victims were female

>the dots on some of those windows
I think that's the sign of an official fire escape window in Japan, though of course you will need a fire ladder on the other side for higher floors if there's not some kind of escape ladder stowed under the window.
I think they also tend to assume it's not every floor of the building on fire at the same time.

They work like slaves but they love what they are doing.

Wish you were in that fire, faggot. I'm certain you'd be to die, fucking tranny. Go off yourself.

Well, it's even smaller now

Shirobako gives a tremendous understanding of how a place like that operates.

Assuming this it a not atypical layout for a small studio, I can easily see a gasoline fire igniting all the paper, blocking the main entrance, and spreading rapidly

Attached: Shirobako-Featured-Image.jpg (1280x660, 269K)

They have 3 buildings

BTFO

Now imagine the entire second floor looking like this

Attached: fullscreen-capture-1302015-55628-am-bmp.jpg (1366x768, 348K)

In that case, you can stile do fire WHILE Charlie Hebdo'ing the place

Usually for tsunami damage protection

nice

the dots mark the entrance or attack points for the firefighters.

>I live in this building
>user assumes I own the entire apartment complex

more like soulless vs soulless but richer

Been there and the official store a few blocks away

Fancy headquarters benefit the CEOs, not the people that do the actual work, there is a reason the people there were on salary where other studios are on per item work, forcing them to do quick shitty frames because they get paid per frame else where.
Also protip:if a mid cap company builds its self a fancy new headquarters, it is time to sell the stock.

You're like reading the delusions of a drug addict homeless guy. Please, consider euthanizing yourself.

You need equipment for that, training is an option until something happens.
Fire extinguishers and evac directions is all they really ask for as for the fire marshall they only check for fire hazards.
I know because I deal with them in my work place since we use gas forklifts and got a large 8x4x4 gas refill station.

Fuck, you just reminded me of that fire in some Russian mall. Tons of kids died too. Christ.

>to increase checking of personal item and coming in and out of building.
ban assault petrol!~

The only good thing they did was Haruhi, which refused to make a fucking 3rd season of it. Now they can fuck off.

Oh nvm, that's literally your pic

It's like Mecca burned down. Only worse.

Attached: ohshitwhatareyoudoing.jpg (448x412, 25K)

Gasoline doesn’t burn, it explodes see liveleak bar mishaps for more information

>keyboard warriors acting badass online but would be the first to die irl
Hey, YOU try carrying out your master plan while under pressure, without training, adrenaline pumping, oxygen deprived, vision impaired, and with NO fucking clue what's going on.

It's not the fire that kills, it's the smoke. By the time people realize what was going on, they were dead. Holy shit, you guys are retarded.

Attached: wtf.jpg (908x730, 220K)

BTFO. He ripped you a new one, retard.

Honestly I'd get burned pretty bad before being able to jump, but people jumped from the towers on 9/11 just to avoid being burnt, so I imagine nowhere is too high if you have the choice.

Attached: GaudyCaper.gif (389x279, 2.27M)

Based

Amen, user.

>1 guy
>rumored beef about stealing his idea
why would they?

fuck off retard, use your clothing as a crude air filter

Hopefully they don't anymore.

Will the japs actually do something to increase security and safety for workers or just brush this under the rug and move on? The fact the guy just walked in and did this was retarded they should have security at least on guard.

Underrated post

Society has removed all meaning, it’s the same in America

Why did Kyoani decide to use the exact same yellow brick for all of their buildings?

Attached: 1493836155015.jpg (2048x1152, 424K)

Burgerland has had some serious theater fires, but if you really wanna see how bad things can be, search on...

Triangle Shirtwaist Fire
Coconaut Grove
Happyland Social Club (closest to what happened here)
Whitesnake concert fire

Superb tip, user. Thanks.

things only an incel would say

Are you new?
Fun fact, a lot of hentai manga drawn by women too, and the really nasty stuff more so.

They used their budget on animation.

Happyland was pretty nuts
>set fire to try to kill your ex
>your ex is the only survivor

>so the piece of shit who cause this got caught and confess. he was screaming for everyone to die while pouring gasoline.
And people say anime isn't realistic. this definitely is something seen in an anime

Attached: fire.jpg (274x237, 10K)

There are no KyoAni shows airing this season

Or next season...

Yeah, the retards forgot to also invest on storyline.

or any more seasons.

I thought they announced a bunch of new isekai series recently

And somehow it doesnt fit one good animator.

Why did he do it?

>doesn’t burn, it explodes
no the vapors burn, not the actual gasoline. if there was some time for the vapors to spread between the dumping and ignition it would explode and be much worse than if you dump and light it quickly. the explosion on the first floor sounds like a few minutes passed- it takes a while to dump 6 gallons of gas after all (reported 9 gallons purchased, 2/3 containers at scene?)

in any case the fumes are/were enough for the first floor explosion, the heat fuels more gasoline vapor and you get a hotter fire- they're called accelerants for a reason.

why don't they have a fire slide on the side of the building

Work culture in Japan is insane, but I doubt it's insane to the point where they'd force workers to continue working as if nothing has happened after something like this.
KyoAni may very well be finished. If they do recover then it's going to take time for them to get back on their feet.

Tons of crimes and incidents do not obey any kind of logic. Hell
>guy streamed mass shooting from first person with HD quality while playing meme songs.
This is surrealism.

Maximumkek

plot twist your clothing is on fire

not secured
secured

oh yeah i forgot about that fuckery. he posted a thread on 8ch. i forgot which board tho

anyone could do this anywhere, you can't expect an entire nation to employ security guards to prevent it ever happening again; and it wouldn't.

>forgot to also invest on storyline
apparently they got that for free

there is a million dollar ks going, hell I learned about this on the 4channr banner link for it

he had accomplices and trained for years apparently

This. If he had done this to Madhouse, several pieces of him would be found years later and the mangakas would likely be making hentai out of his blood as ink.

>trained for years

Attached: 9884601612.gif (500x357, 358K)

yes and those souls are in heaven now

the new zealand shooter you mong

>DURRRRRRR IM TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WOULDNT JUMP ROM A HEIGHT THEYRE NOT USED TO HURRRDURRRRR
found the stupid nigger. kill yourself faggot.

More than a decade has passed since that though. I've been outside this building, it's definitely not the one that burned.

We don't have all the information yet. If Kyoani really stole this guy's idea, then this whole thing was kinda justified.

Well, I've been jumping from smaller heights for years to train up to jumping out of 3rd story wind... and died in the fire before I could move.

ok now i need to know why the FUCK they couldnt just jump out of the window. even if you jump from the roof you're only facing a few broken bones at worse depending on how you land.

except not at all, ever. nothing justifies this.

Well, besides Haruhi, they always omitted the og storyline. So, really nothing of value was lost in that fire.

kek'd

>ok now i need to know why the FUCK they couldnt just jump out of the window
they were dead.

> If Kyoani really stole this guy's idea, then this whole thing was kinda justified.

Attached: bait.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Nothing justifies stealing another man's life's work, either.

Stole his idea? Got more tidbits on that?

That helps, but they still have a bunch of traumatized employees and loss of talent that I'd imagine would be very difficult to replace. I have a hard time seeing them make a quick recovery.

That's what he was shouting according to some witnesses.

they wouldn't be if they used their windows
do you disagree or no

two different people heard the burned guy say as much after the fire, away from the building. it's in an article I read, linked in one thread.

>Each pirate is a lost sale
Those are baby numbers, sometimes I pirate a show multiple times to really hurt a studio.
There was this one time were I accidentally kept a download on in a loop and the studio went bankrupt.

Maybe because they are all retarded like me and just stopped reading half-way through.
Brb, setting myself on fire.

Attached: top expert.jpg (996x720, 98K)

You're like reading the delusions of a drug addict homeless guy. Please, consider euthanizing yourself.

Not required by Japan's building codes.

they were dead or dying before they could get to the windows. the third floor people only, who had time chose the stairs, not knowing that wouldn't be the right thing. you have the luxury of hindsight, I'm noting that not one single person out of 70 tried jumping. for whatever reason doesn't seem like it was an option.

there is a WTC 9/11 thing where at some point people decided to go up or down, and even separated at a certain stairwell. those that went up from there died, those that went down didn't. you're saying that you would have gone down, duh, but obviously up seemed like a legitimate choice at that point.

again, not one single employee jumped as far as we know. for whatever reason you would not have been able to either.

why didn't they have one anyway, it would have saved all the people who didn't make it to the windows from having broken legs.

> he never had a gamecube before
> he never fucked a companion cube before
> he will never understand the comfy cube

Attached: 43dtf.png (500x405, 106K)

they had nursery there user

Big Black Cock has some info about the suspect. "You ripped me off" is real.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-49027178

$$$

Good.

edge sign meme.jpg

>nigga gravity ain't real lol just flip out to safety like that CC Lemon advert haha

But nigga, gravity ain't real tho

Then why don't your watermelon float away huh

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

> not one single employee jumped as far as we know.
that pretty much says everything, 12 people fucking burned to death and not a single one escaped from the window.

i cant imagine a single scenario where someone can light a fire on the first floor exits, and 2nd and 3rd floor people end up dead by the fire before they have access to a window. you guys are fucking retards.

Well fire looks like this.
>youtube.com/watch?v=bFBI2bloEKo

reposting from other thread

Firefighter here.

It's real easy to predict what you'd do if put in a situation like this, or suggest alternatives. Unfortunately when you go from minding your own business to watching a fire engulf the room you're in, you don't think rationally. I personally don't have experience with firebombs but based on my general knowledge I'd guess that all that extra fuel would make the fire burn hotter, suck up oxygen faster, and spread quicker.

Usually when people are faced with a fire they get tunnel vision. They usually try and go out the same way they went in, which can cause a stampede that slows people down. If that's not possible, they'll probably try and leave the closest exit. Problem is when everyone is trying to leave through an exit, it can get crowded. Lots of people pushing on the exit = people fall down = bodies piling in front of the exit. Watch the "Station Nightclub Fire" video to see what I'm talking about. There's also the lack of oxygen and smoke which can quickly dehibilitate people, causing more slowdowns and blocking of exits. Firefighters are trained to always check behind doors for victims because that's where they usually are. It's morbid but a fact of life and it's why you should always have a sound emergency evacuation plan for your residence and workplace.

Wasn't it 70 employees before

Youd get the leftist nonsense you see in western media now

I mean even as a middle of the road guy you still can see its getting ridiculous

So while knowing all of this they still build those hellcubes with no sound fire security philosophy
My father was right everything they are good at is ripping off foreign inventions

OH GEE JAPAN COUNTRY OF THE FUTURE

Attached: 1382979061451.jpg (708x744, 93K)

70 on the site yes, 160 in the whole company. I don't know if they count service providers.

Yeah, my big takeaway from all this is how shitty Japanese building codes are. I'm all for government deregulation but it puts into perspective how advanced the US is in terms of fire safe building codes

neat. my house is a concrete box with barred windows though

wait no,
>33 confirmed dead
thats even fucking worse! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN ?
no, theres no justification im sorry. they all work in the building, they know where the exits are. they know theres no fire escape. if people on the first floor are running upstairs because the only exits are blocked by fire, the only other options left if you are inside the building are to exit via window or burn to death. 33 people chose to die and not a single one chose to use the window. its not about thinking rationally, the window was their literal only option to survive and they chose to not use it and die. they didn't get trapped outside of the rooms, they were fucking in there hiding with a window right there as flames engulfed the building and ufcking roasted. there is no justification, im telling you. they literally chose to die

>it puts into perspective how advanced the US is in terms of fire safe building codes
>The Station nightclub fire occurred on Thursday, February 20, 2003, in West Warwick, Rhode Island, United States, killing 100 people and injuring 230.

Attached: anime_um.jpg (716x620, 257K)

"everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"
-mike tyson

>im telling you.
Well, since you're such a goddamn expert and veteran survivor fire, I guess we'll have to take your word for it.

how about the first floor fucking explodes the second floor is 1500ºF in half a minute and everyone on the third floor goes for the stairs, which then collapse?

Does "Soul" mean "lacks fire exits"?

>Comparing a crowded nightclub fire to a decrepit building where all you need to do to kill everyone inside is to pour gasoline around
>subject was not even death tolls but security regulations
moeshitters amirite

Attached: 61406022.jpg (450x253, 24K)

Sometimes it matters what's on the outside, too, user

Attached: Fire escape foldout ladder for 2 and 3 storey building_csm5710.jpg (480x480, 25K)

It is a country of the future for those who have money or have large businesses.

Most people aren't that.

>t. Firefighter
Any building codes the US observed that would have saved lives if Japan cared about that kind of thing?

Attached: fire-escape-lead-from-windows-of-a-three-story-building-to-the-ground-A6Y0XR.jpg (870x1390, 157K)

>all you need to do to kill everyone inside is to pour gasoline around
Imagine being the kind of retard who expects a fire powered by forty liters of accelerant to burn more slowly than a regular building.

I lived in the next town over when that fire happened. That place was only even open because of all the corruption that goes on in the state with people "knowing a guy" who can pull some strings and get the building inspection approved without it being even close to code.

Since that fire the state has become extremely sensitive about fire code and make damn sure it's enforced.

Any pics from inside just yet?

>They used their budget on animation.
They certainly didn't use it on safety

You're supposed to jump and break your leg at the end of those stairs?

Do you really want to see that?

I'd like to see photos of the inside pre-fire just so I can make fun of the lack of fire codes observed

The whole point of this discussion is fire-safe building regulations, moebrain.

And in part of that discussion, you made a rhetorical point implying one should expect a nightclub to burn more quickly than a small office building filled with gasoline, which was retarded.

I dont want to, but I feel that I need to.

twitter.com/ARDEN_katai/status/1151861680898318336

It happens fast and you panic, you're running around suffocating in the smoke in a state of shock and unable to think. I had a cabinet in my bathroom catch on fire and I didn't even think to use the showerhead to put it out until it was over.

the building would have to be completely collapsed by fire if it were this intense, half a minute is still plenty of time to hear the news and escape via window however.
>and everyone on the third floor goes for the stairs
the stairs to where? down to the fire and away from the windows? you can actually sympathize with someone who dies like this?

>crowded

Japanese offices are also crowded.

I'd want to see the charred remains of the animators if possible.

Sicko identified

But with decent fire-safe codes, the gasoline would not have been able to turn the building into an oven that fast and they would have been able to escape as it was THEIR building. They couldn't even get on the fucking roof.
The nightclub was also shitty but it was a story of corruption and sloppily enforced rules. This shitty Kyoani studio is the rule on that corrupt archipelago.

>the stairs to where? down to the fire and away from the windows?
How can you know location of fire?

I wouldn't derive some twisted pleasure from it or anything, it would be interesting to see is all.

just jump bro

Attached: 1563488153238.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

This is actually a good thing. The streets and pathways are more organic and walkable.

Uh, it doesn't? Not everything can be glass skyscrapers nor should it be.

Damn this makes me depressed.

fireproof JC Staff ubermensch vs flammable Kyoani subhumans

That footage should be mandatory to watch in schools so people can understand just how fast fire and smoke spreads. It took the cameraman 30 seconds to leave the building, and if he was 10 seconds too late he would have been stuck at the door and died. The moment he got out, the door was already thick black in smoke, then quickly lit on fire with no one else being able to get out.

>How can you know location of fire?
why do you think i need to

>windows are fucking open
yeah lets just not jump and die.

>not saving yourself by breathing fresh toilet air

Attached: toilet-snorkel.png (586x447, 22K)

How would somebody find the windows in that smoke?

>yeah lets just not jump and die.
try breathing

yep let me just feel my way around to the window while I'm burning and suffocating in the hot smoke

You jump instantly after sound of blowing gasoline. How can you know about fire? Psionic powers

Probably because jumping from that sight would cause bad bruising at most.
I've heard people give the explanation that the windows had locked, but they could have been broken with anything inside. It just looks fucking retarded that people were trapped in a fire at that fucking height.

ok you guys are seriously retarded
you dont look for the window, there's one in every room. the problem we are discussing is why 33 people decided to abandon their windows and burn to death trying to escape downstairs through the fire.

honestly, lets hope for your guys sake you never end up in a situation like this, as i'm sure none of you would make it out alive.

>a huge delay
We can be happy if the company doesn't cease to exist. Also, your math is off, 33 are dead and 36 injured, 10 of them critically, so it's questionable who (and when, if any) of the injured are able to work again. Also, this was their main studio, so the people there are more important than some other staff that would be more "expendable" with regards to anime production (e.g. staff who sells merch in the shop). You can't just go by numbers.

Dude I'm a firefighter. I've seen fires like these. I know what I'm talking about.

>burning up with a bunch of fags on a stairwell
>realize there's a woman burning next to me
>she breathes the smoke coming from my skin
>I'm inside her
See you later virgins.

Exception, not the rule. That building violated a shitton of regulations anyway.
Fire exits, fire alarms, a standpipe or sprinkler system

most people are on the 2nd and 3rd floor. The entire first floor is smoke by the time anyone upstairs even realizes there's an issue.

Guess they were on break because they felt burnt out.

This. People only pirate because muttland distributors are absolute fucking shit.

Even with sound fire safety codes it probably would have spread just as fast. Remember heat rises, a fire fueled by gasoline on the first floor will spread up to the higher floors very quickly

You don't think rationally when you're trapped in a burning building.

Exactly. If you're in a room with a bunch of windows is your first thought:
>"I should go up the stairs and try to get out into the roof."
or
>"Holy fuck, fire! Fuck the stairs , I'm jumping out the window."

Only a true idiot would make such confident statements about a situation he wasn't in, in a building he doesn't know.

I remember my pilgrimage there in 2016. Fuck, it hurts. I hope they recover.
Though they also have other locations and only recently moved/expanded to the "studio 1" location that burned down.

How much space do Americans need?

>all this thick as fuck smoke
>user still trying to blame victims because they don't have superpowers and strategic view with pause
You're cool user.

forgot pic

Attached: 20160910_121912.jpg (2560x1536, 1.26M)

Bullshit. If you've worked at a place for months then you know how to get to a fucking window.

Yeah, they all just died because they were fucking retarded.
Idiot.

Not that simple. I've seen bodies right below windows. Even if you somehow manage to break the tunnel vision you can still suffocate in seconds.

not with thick smoke like on webm
above some slav video with slow fire. look at smoke and look at 20L of gasoline here

>There were witness accounts someone of dying by a window before doing anything properly
Yeah user that would be you if you are there, good job

Nice. I was there in 2017.

Attached: kyoani.jpg (1239x929, 364K)

I hope you get the chance to demonstrate your abilities some time.

It's a 3 story building, your spatial sense is completely fucked.

Wrong. The witness said that there was someone screaming for help from the window.
I would be on the ground outside, dusting my pants, and telling the guy to jump.

>like on webm
Eyes are way more reliable than a shitty security cam though.

That's their headquarters, not the larger building that burned down.

>The witness said that there was someone screaming for help from the window.
Dying actually. They mentioned black marks on window as I remember

Do they give tours of the inside to autistic whitu piggu tourists?

yeah im just gonna say it, they were too stupid to survive. 33 people burn to death in a building because they were too retarded to use a window, this is what natural selection looks like friens

If you can open them

Yeah, and that person was already completely charred except for the interior of the mouth. Chances are, that person wasn't able to see or hear anything anymore. That might've been you, and for these last split seconds of your life you maybe would've been able to explain why your grand plan of "just smash the window and jump, bro" failed.

>making hentai out of his blood as ink
Reminds me of that Times mag that did the whole print with ink from people with aids.

No, I just took a picture of myself outside and hurried on so I wouldn't creep them out or disturb them.

Don't you would be totally dead too

Most studios aren't much. It's still so fucking surreal. I don't even want to see the images of that building on fire any more.

Don't worry you would be totally dead too

Why didn't they jump? Better break a leg than fucking die.

nah, i would have used a window because im not a retard. if window doesn't open i smash it, escaping would be very simlpe. even if im burnt to a crisp i guarantee you i will not die inside the building

Based armchair user

Smoke and carbon monoxide can incapacitate extremely fast. Given how fast a gasoline fire spread, I'd give most people minutes at most to formulate a proper rational reaction assuming they didn't panic. For some, I wouldn't even give them a minute.

cracking open a window and jumping out takes 10 seconds

right its very likely that the windows were complelty blocked anyway and if the fire was that fast most of the heat would be going out the window, its possible that they could have made it out a window but i doubt that would have been a viable option at the time

Unless you've consistently trained for such things people tend to freeze up and fuck up like hell.

Never was involved with Fire but I head Air Flow is a big concern during Fire, something called Backdraft.

Would breaking windows also be a risk?

I remember you. Must feel surreal.

Don't you get tired of yourself?

stop saying this retarded shit

This is the KyoAni shop, not the Studio 1 building (pic related).

Attached: 1563480391564.jpg (640x606, 115K)

This is not the KyoAni shop, it's the head office. The building that burned down is their first studio and the shop is in their second studio, pic related.

Attached: 1280px-Kyoto-animation-studio.jpg (1280x960, 276K)

That's a picture of where the old Kyoani shop and second animation studio was located. The shop was on the second floor and the studio the third, Kyoani used to rent out a space. They moved the second studio and shop to an all new building near Kohata station about 2 years ago.

When I visited Japan there were so many fire warning posters everywhere. Seemed like their buildings are either ultra flammable or they dont know how to not burn their houses down.
Pic related was the face of the dude on all the posters I saw.

Attached: 1.jpg (184x184, 11K)

>they had a nursery
How many infants died?

Let's think objectively here, apart from KyoAni, the only good studio that keep constant quality on shows are: SHAFT?
I can't think of any other studio, Madhouse was very good just a few years ago, but that was just because they were following the no 2nd season policy. What other studios are there? PA Works? There have been horrible shows coming from PA Works. Ufotable maybe? Yea Forums has been very content with ufotable over the past years from what I've seen, and that's because Ufotable's fight scenes are, apparently, very exciting.

What I don't understand is, how, since like every studio has had some kind of quality defects, can KyoAni be so consistent with their quality? Is the budget they have been getting? the quality of life and overall happiness of the employees in the studio?

I'm not a KyoAnifag, I consider myself more of a madhousefag, but of every show I've watched from KyoAni I have yet to see any quality defects.

Attached: 1540126405800.png (887x748, 444K)

that smoke looks fucking unreal. a little bit of gasoline did that?
my question is why was the guy allowed to just spread the gasoline unmolested. it takes time to empty 4 damn cans of gasoline and nobody stopped him to ask wtf he is doing?

Consistently shit you mean?

>A little bit of gasoline
The fire had been going for a while in a completely wooden building.

>$1 of gasoline spread and ignited at the only exit
>fire put out in 5 minutes
>87 people dead
Seriously, fuck fire. If you see someone who complains about fire regulations, punch him for Kyoani.

There was a small explosion apparently so he probably lit the cans on fire right at the entrance

From what I'm reading, the smoke is actually the worst. Immobilizes and kills people quickly. Even if you escape the fire.

>hard drives with drafts for upcoming series
>the past series' original files
>talented workers with unique artstyle
>editing skills learned through years of experience
Everything is in ashes simply because the building was made like shit and didn't follow the fire code and one schizo barged in with some gasoline.

Attached: 1563491726989.jpg (679x452, 50K)

Producing animation for pedos isn't as lucrative business as you might think.

jump out the window, jump from 2nd story isn't exactly falling from WTC

>animation for pedos
Says the kiddie fiddler...

Attached: 1563475406359.png (798x752, 330K)

There was roof access too, stupid.

Once again, that's NOT the fucking building that burnt down.

Maybe they put all their money into the quality of their work instead of buildings.

>didn't follow the fire code
False, translated fire department report:
>The building is also noted to have had no deficiencies in fire safety compliance during its last inspection on 17 October 2018.

The issue is just that the standards they have are shit.

At this point I think you're just baiting. Look at picture >3rd
They died on stairs. That means they're were able to reach stairs. Able to reach stairs = they can see shit. However they died here. Why? Think a little. Protip

> 12%

user...

They really want it to burn down, damn them.

Attached: 1549954435852.png (900x1013, 879K)

I am well aware, and I have posted about it itt.

You know how hard is the new modern glass + plastic multilayered mixture to break? Even with a pick it might take you a while. With hammer you just make some visible fractures without making any progress with actually breaking it. We also have a glass entrance door at our house and you won't be able to break it even with a hammer.

Holy fuck based

Well, I used to be a surveyor and did this stuff for a living so I can tell when a building is a death trap or not just by looking at the positioning of the windows. The other side that's not shown in the pic looks very bad, at least taking the regulations of my country in consideration. As you mention, I don't doubt that Japan has less strict fire code, though I do know they got better anti-seismic regulations than most countries, it's very disappointing to see incidents like this cause dozens of deaths, especially when irreplaceable talented people are involved.

>I do know they got better anti-seismic regulations than most countries
I assume that's more down to how vulnerable they are though.

Seems like only one person was burned alive to the point of not being identifiable. Probably one of the ones who had gasoline splashed on them

orgy, the man didn't get invited

I once jumped out of a first and it hurt. I guess I'd probably break at least an ankle or leg if I jumped out of a third onto nothing but grass or concrete but it seems pretty much survivable.

But what does it matter if I can't reach the damn window in time.

Really sounds like a mad house.

But that building wasn't up to code. I work in building construction, and from seeing that building I can tell you, there were no fire rated walls, there was no insulation to dampen the fire, there didn't seem to be a sprinkler system in place, and there weren't at least two clear emergency exits for egress at the sides of the stage. Not only that, but every room has a maximum capacity of people it can hold, and from the square footage of the space, there were far to many people in such a small area. The owner deliberately ignored the fact that the maximum capacity of people had been reached, and tried to skimp out on building renovations for fire safety in order to reap a profit. U.S. codes on fire regulation are serious, if you don't comply you'll be liable for litigation, loss of license, and more.

>better anti-seismic regulations
Which is a bit oxymoron. A stark number of deaths after earthquakes are from fires caused by the quakes.

Maybe it's an old school type fire alarm which senses carbon monoxide in the air in order to work. It's what we have at home.
t. poorfag

>no fire exit in sight
JESUS CHRIST

they had no time, the smoke KO'd everyone within seconds

hello crossboarding underaged Yea Forumsermin discordfag scum

Attached: file.png (1893x847, 812K)

Can anyone post the Bandai building?

But thats the thing with all regulation laws. If people don't have to expect random checks that will cause them to pay if they neglected the protocol, there will be always idiots that assume a big fire won't ever happen anyway and they're smart enough to deal with tiny Fires.

Well, i guess even with sudden checks they won't do it.

A gasoline fire will heat up a room extremely quickly, and once temps reach around 500 celsius every flammable object in the room will self-ignite simultaneously, even if the fire hasn't reached it yet.

this. most bars or restaurants are literally the downstairs living room of someone's house.

You're fucking retarded. Just stop. There was an explosion heard by many witnesses. The fire spread almost instantly.

FUCK air
FUCK FUCK FUCK haruhi
FUCK kanon
FUCK FUCK FUCK luck star
FUCK clannad
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK k-on
FUCK hyouka
FUCK free
FUCK hibike
FUCK maidragon
FUCK chuunibyou

Has there been on any new on who is actually alive besides Naoko Yamada?

>even if im burnt to a crisp
Why don't we try a test where we burn you to a crisp, and then see if you can make it out the window afterwards.