Final Villain

Anime's final villain.

With this incident behind us, will other animation studios start adapting proper safety and fire hazard standards?

More than half the deaths could be preventable if safety regulations were in place.

Attached: final_villain.jpg (564x500, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011998101000.html?utm_int=news_contents_news-main_002
youtube.com/watch?v=VqB1uoDTdKM
youtube.com/watch?v=bknYdprA9ug
twitter.com/nhk_news/status/1151854392900870145
www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011998101000.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so does that door only open inside and 20 people just keep pushing it?

when the publishers stop selling their work for nothing

one little door killed 19 people...

why? what the fuck happened? was the door closed?

>villain is so secure in his position that he laughs at your feeble attempts to remove him from power

Attached: this fucking door.jpg (564x500, 78K)

It can only be opened from the outside

The door opens into the building. 20 people were pushing against the door so it couldn't be opened.

No, the door is locked from the outside. You need to unlock it and open it from the outside.

but then how does one enter roof in first place?

which is it?

so, how do you even get to the rooftop?

Don't question nippon logic

Attached: 14867653617890.jpg (810x780, 70K)

Of the 33 people confirmed dead, 20 were found on the stairs in close proximity to the door in OP's picture. Considering that the most dangerous aspect of a fire is smoke, it is not unreasonable to think that several of these 20 people could have survived if they had gotten out on the roof.

Source for where the bodies were found: www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011998101000.html?utm_int=news_contents_news-main_002

i need anime to explain this door mystery

>A fucking door and some terminal dipshit of a autist killed the studio

You cant make this up.

That's no sense.

Forgot to add, when firefighters arrived on the roof they managed to open the door from the outside because it was not locked. Same source as the first post.

If I ever travel to Japan I'm just fucking jumping out of the nearest window instead

Attached: oh hi.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Looks like the door was just painted on according to the news.

>open door
>20 crispy corpses fall on you
wew

You´ll need to first break the windows, because of course the japanese dont believe in windows that could be opened.

so it was a pull door and in their panic they pushed...
top of the stairway was probably filled with smoke too

Reminds me of this.

Attached: n21.jpg (800x1200, 54K)

>a man of culture as well

Thats what panic does to you. Just 19-20 people rushing to the door and too late realizing its a pull door, but by then its too late since they start to panic due to it not opening and the smoke gets them. Thats why they tell you to remain calm during a emergency.

The door opens to the outside.

Attached: urn-publicid-ap-org-b10907eaf37945889d9ee4339df92aaaJapan_Animation_Studio_Fire_81875-780x1003.jpg (780x1003, 129K)

All buildings have a escape procedure, and doors always open in the direction one is meant to escape. In case of fires, you escape to the outside through the ground floor. Going to the roof could potentially trap you in the building before you could be rescued.
Still, the stairwell has to be resistant to fire and have air pressurization to prevent smoke from getting inside, as well as providing enough space for people on each floor to stay and catch their breath before they exit the building.

I wouldn't be surprised. This is exactly why in my country regulations state that doors open in such a direction that simply by pushing you end up outside.

Bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=VqB1uoDTdKM
OUT MY WAY SON

So its an Isekai door.
Neat.

Attached: 1562470776347.png (300x300, 132K)

Fun fact: it has actually been a norm to include fire safety items in anime.

After feeling slightly annoyed at the end of Happy Sugar Life at least this situation shows that it could be more plausible that the fire escape door they tried in it didn't work.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Happy Sugar Life - 12 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_09.37_[2018.09.28_19.20.38].jpg (1920x1080, 727K)

was wrong
damn...so what the fuck happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=bknYdprA9ug

Unfortunately, this was not a normal situation as someone had planned this and intentionally created a lot of smoke. It was one thing if it was an accident but when you know someone is trying to kill everyone in yhe building, all reason gets thrown out the window and people start panicking hard.

Smoke rises up.

Same thing when there's a fire in a slope tunnel.
Head downwards, not up.

were there any scousers working there?

Then .... WHO WAS LOCK ??

Downward is where the guy dousing people with gasoline and armed with knives to finish you off is.

Incorrect, it was confirmed by the fire brigade that they were able to open it without a key. twitter.com/nhk_news/status/1151854392900870145

My guess, if this dude was dousing people and sealing exits downstairs, who's to tell he also didn't block the exit upstairs?

This holy shit
20 people died because of a retarded architect

What is the fucking problem then?

>tfw dragonmaid/lucky star director likely died because of the door.

The door wasn't lock and swings outwards. They just died from suffocation before they could reach it.

It did make sense to get to the roof as the guy tried blocking off the way downwards, so roofs the only option as they would have air there, that alone would have saved most of those that tried.

no there's got to be more to this door issue

that sucks

Attached: morning rescue.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

That sucks. I'd imagine with all that paper shit and art supplies everywhere the smoke was unbearably bad.

Maybe the fire did something to the door/lock, I have no idea and they have yet to report anything more in detail.

That implies he had time before to get up there.
The problem is that for safety the door should open by pushing, but because a scared mass of 20 people rushed it pulling it wasnt happening, they got into each others way to do so.

>smoke filled stairs
>run to get up said stairs
>running requires more oxygen
>there is none

yeah the smoke would rise and almost make it impassable unless you could get clean air lower down and hold your breath or at least a wet shirt filter

The problem was that it likely opens inside as in you have to pull the door inwards to open it but in an understandable panic when you're literally dying, they must've kept trying to push it outwards and the door just didn't budge because of that. That's one of the reasons I hate doors that open inwards. Doors to buildings should open outwards so leaving it instantly in case of a disaster, especially in earthquake country like Japan, is possible.

Were the windows blocked? Jumping out of the window seems like the better option.

Should've jumped out the window.

what type of latch is that? might be a lever handle

>kyoani supposedly one of the "good studios"
>doesn't even practice fire drills or active shooter drills

I bet we find out they were actually a shitty backbreaking studio later this week

If people closest to the door had passed out first, then it would make getting to the door incredibly difficult especially during the panic and probably lack of vision caused by the smoke.

It's possible they didn't even make it to the door. Smoke would have been the most concentrated there. The firefighters said the bodies were just near the door on the starway.

No, the door swung outward. The people simply died before getting to the door.

There is O2. But there's also CO which prevents your blood to take in O2.

see

It opens outwards, it's been shown in the thread and in the news report linked. Read the thread.

A quick question.
If building in Japan are required to be earthquake-proof, how come windows are impossible to open? How are people trapped in a damaged buildings supposed to escape?

Attached: consider this.png (662x450, 359K)

F

Attached: 1563458201650.webm (1280x720, 2.31M)

...So they all died trying to get TO the door? Thats kinda even more messed up.

>active shooter drills
>shooter
>nippon
user i...

americans visit japan all the time. you never know

>there's a guy whose job is to constantly live on this roof 24/24 so that the door could be opened

guess he was on holidays this week

they're not build to be damaged.

>How are people trapped in a damaged buildings supposed to escape?
They arent.

>women got everyone killed because they couldn't open the door

LMAO

It takes one person passed out or dead in the staircase to fuck everyone up. They can't see the body because of the smoke and trip over it, causing an even larger jam.

all that impartial burnt black smoke is probably a nightmare for Carbon Monoxide levels

seems to be the case, the firefighters said the bodies were near the door, not at the door.

I guess that was their final warm up

>how come windows are impossible to open?
You can see plenty of open windows in the photos, and the ones that aren't open are broken. People were shouting for help from the windows too, and for all we know some of the survivors did escape that way. Whoever said they can't be opened was memeing you. Same as the locked door to the roof that wasn't actually locked.

Or you could say this year was a hot summer.

I guess those kyoani employees are toast

No, they died because they didn't follow the escape procedure. You don't escape up. The door in the roof is right to open inwards.

And the way downstairs been blocked off by fire, man, thats some textbook worst case scenario.

Earthquake proofing basically just means they can either stand tall during a shock, or wobble in that counterbalance way
They aren't designed to be safe once collapsed

idiot, read the thread

so they let you carry guns during flight? BAKA

It's not crispy, because it's smoke.

Fire was on the 1st floor.

He really did fan the flames.
I don't think they were trained for this.

How about you read the building code instead you retard? Should the architect have guessed someone would come set the fire on building and would block the normal escape procedure?
What the architect DID do wrong is not have a sealed and pressurized stairwell.

Procedure goes out the window in a real panic emergency. You need to design things to be accessible to people moving like wild animals or else this happens.

Doesnt it look a bit like there is a ghost silhoutte on the other side still vainly trying to push the door open?

what a way to get fired though
do you think they'll have any locomotion towards new employment?

Well shit, the studio is haunted.

so how are they gonna get the insurance money when they didn't even have fire exits, sprinklers or smoke alarms?

Also from old photos, that new roof top is actually a new story they added to the building, who knows that probably wasn't even regulated to begin with.

Doesn't matter, because Dragon Maid is done by JC Staff next season.

>sealed and pressurized stairwell
that could have done it and many other simple measures

Shit was blocking the windows. There's so fire regulation in Japan. You can cram it full of shit and they won't yell at you. I worked in a library before and I had to clear shit out of the back because the fire marshal was supposed to do a safety inspection.

Pretty much, the problem is that this all comes out now in hindsight.

How does all 19 people die before getting to the door?

>How are people trapped in a damaged buildings supposed to escape?
they say its to prevent suicide

by breathing the same fucking air?

dio kept moving them down the stairs

Nigger there are such things as fire safety standards. You ever see those bars on doors you have push against to exit? Those are supposed to used on fire exits for this exact reason.

A sealed and pressurized stairwell would probably have literally exploded, it's a fucking fire dude

Arsonist barricaded those doors it might be planned attack from the get go.

How can they lock access to a potential fire escape? How can a building of 70 employees only have 1 fire escape on the ground floor.

it's not fucking locked

based pedant

when you have big eyes and a small mouth you can't breathe as well

Maybe the door simply didn't had a handle

>You ever see those bars on doors you have push against to exit?
Yeah. You know what they're called? Panic bars. And you know where you'll see them? On the side of the door you have to push to open. And the door will open to the direction of the escape procedure
One side will have a panic bar to push, the other side will have a regular handle with no lock to pull.
>A sealed and pressurized stairwell would probably have literally exploded, it's a fucking fire dude
Sealed means it will have two sets of self-closing doors to minimize the amount of smoke that gets in when people open them, and to prevent smoke from getting in when they're closed. Pressureized means that the stairwell has an intake of fresh air which courses through the height of the well to push out the smoke that does get in, as well as to provide fresh air for the people that are inside. Stairwells have to be designed to be able to hold the people of the building safely for situations where they need to be rescued due to escape being impossible. The walls for stairwells also have to be fire resistant for this very reason.

THAT'S what killed those people, not the door on the roof.

Attached: 1534090134102.jpg (445x370, 96K)

>just open the windows dude
I dont get this fucking meme.
You are supposed to be smart by jumping from second or third floor to escape fire?

you would survive a second floor jump, maybe even a 3rd one

> Prepare as many situational command posts as possible!
Now I see that Shin Godzilla was a documentary.

or you could be suffocate and be burned alive
so take your pick

offtopic but finding that pretty crazy too, conditions in japanese corps were so bad it started to drive people insane and suicides amounts high to become a nation wide topic and what was the solution?
invent suicide windows and suicide doors, but god forbid they actually try to look at those conditions

Nigga it's either you break some bones by jumping or you suffocate to death or get burned alive.

stay and die or jump and maybe die. and you have like 3 seconds to decide. go try that

fire goes so quick

They are not it's all retarded memes.

Idiots just don't realize how fast gasoline fills a building with smoke. Good luck breaking those windows when you are in panic and can see shit due to smoke.

Attached: 1461859968651.jpg (538x505, 184K)

Well unless you are sure that all other alternative are useless, it is a hard thing to do for any normal person.
Especially if it is 20 guy falling next to each other and possibly colliding

yes, the problem of course being that any normal human being would seek other alternatives first.

a fire expert on NHK said that it's likely that the fire spread extremly fast thanks to the spiral staircase and the building being generally crampy and full of paper, which is perfect for gasoline.

they probably had like 5 minutes max to decide where to go. Imagine being in a room of 20 people heading to the roof and going "actually, I'm just going to jump out this window and maybe break my legs thanks." 5 minutes ago everything was normal, and the human brain is garbage and doesn't adapt very fast unless properly trained.

user, stop being retarded
fire spread fast
like 30 seconds fast
so if you're gonna act like a retard and pretend you even have the mental capacity to act rationally in a split second life or death situation, just stop

Spiral staircase most likely worked as a chimney so entire building was full of smoke and panicked people in half a minute.

Don't think of it as 19 separate attempts to get to the door. Think of it as trying to get to the door, plus get past N-1 bodies.

The thing is that if you never tried such jump . It is hard for you to judge the impact.
Some may imagine becoming handicapped for life and other hitting their head and dying....

>other animation studios start adapting proper safety and fire hazard standards

That's more like national fire safety problem.

So that's why I always felt a draft in the stairwells in my school days.
Thanks for the information user

Bullshit. How long does it take to realize which way a door opens? You try the knob one way and then immediately the other way. It takes literally 2 seconds, like ACTUALLY 2 seconds. Smoke wouldn't kill you in that time.

That picture doesn't show anything

read the thread

they never even made it to the door, firemen confirmed the door wasn't locked. every single one of them collapsed on the staircase before reaching the door.

thank you for posting informed knowledge in this sea of retards.

there's a reason buildings should be designed to fire code, and this is it

The fire rises?

What kind of autist make door that can be locked from outside

>Spiral staircase
Its also most likely what he set on fire with the gasoline. Then by the flloor plan, it cut the path to the main entrance/exit door and spread through whole building in minutes. Those on second probably didnt even make it to the other staircase due to flames and were found in the furthest room possible. And third floor people unfortunately got stuck behind roof doors.

No problem. I just wanted to make it clear that the building definitely had huge design problems, but it wasn't as superficial as "one door was installed backwards". Sadly, it takes these tragedies for regulations to be seriously enforced.

Bane pls

I heard there were several people dead on the stairway to the roof. Was the door locked or were they not able to get up a narrow stairway because of crowding

>steal incel's ideas
>he burns your shit down

corporate thieves deserved it.

Attached: sablebraps.png (454x332, 364K)

Why didn’t they jump out of the windows. They woudl probably break bunch of bones and fracture of arm can be a career edning injury ofr an artist but most would likely survive.

Who has the key?

You won't break anything by jumping from the second floor (and I said “jumping”, not “falling on your head”). Also, I see a possibility of slam dunk on the photo:

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011998101000.html

>the firemen confirmed that they were able to open the door from the outside and that it wasn't locked
>most of the 20 bodies were found collapsed near the door.

they never made it to the fucking door user. stop the meme.

Attached: 1559950763951.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

So which VAs died? This is important.

Julian Assange

Attached: 1551506103922.gif (320x320, 74K)

/24
>Jannie Supreme is a hyperdimensional being who experiences severe time dilation and his week is now 24 days
>he still does it for free

The door was secured because of cigarette butt littering issues on the roof.

It was not locked.

People in their panic couldn't open the door quickly and because of how smoke rises to the top, people passed out very quickly in the fire, blocking anyone else from accessing the door.

The 20 bodies were found collapsed on each other.

We are not talking about smoke that comes from a campfire, this shit is way more intense, you literally can't breathe and even if you hold your breath you can see either because of the smoke, it hurts your eyes so much you can't open them. This stuff is very sad.

>Dragon Maid is done by JC Staff next season
DEAR GOD NO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

because nips are too fragile and their shota necks would break easily

Jesus that's horrendous...

>20 Japanese people
>Can't muster up the force to break a door off its hinges

I bet it was the female staff too.

That's fucking sad. Reminds me of 2018 Kemerovo fire when 60 people died most of them were children because FUCK safety, we make MONEY.

Attached: keep em in.jpg (1280x2888, 325K)

But who is the dude doing this? Any info about him?

Daiz

Yeah, Japan is supposed to be a first world country though. You expect developed nations to have proper fire hazard mitigation and emergency policies and procedures. No one is surprised that people die from poor planning and lack of care for human life in Soviet shitholes.

People who were on the first floor but didn't even try to stop the guy should go to prison.

3rd floor deaths: 20
2nd floor deaths: 11
1st floor deaths: 2

Attached: hghgghgh.jpg (609x534, 30K)

>Thought this was the source
>Some fag starts talking over it

It depends on how old the building in question was. I imagine it would be difficult to retrofit an old building with modern codes.

There are regulation problems for sure but this was arson, with gasoline burning up in front of the exits. It's not really the same thing.

Yeah, im sure you would stop him right.

Attached: 1538352904983.png (700x700, 425K)

>it is not unreasonable to think that several of these 20 people could have survived if they had gotten out on the roof.
that's actually the worst thing to think
stairwells are absolutely deadly once they fill with smoke
especially if you're going upstairs, which requires way more exertion and oxygen (guess what you can't have in a smoke filled stairwell?)
even tip-top shape athletes can easily succumb to smoke inhalation climbing just a few flights of stairs

I don’t think I can watch anime anymore, bros. I can’t be associated with the incel menace anymore.

There was an exit on top of the roof, as OP's pic demonstrated. Someone decided to lock it, because can't have the fucking kids eating their bento on the roof like their anime, I guess.

it's ok
it's a train otaku this time

a few threads said it was a schizo that claimed that kyoani stole *something* he wrote for the Hibike! movie.

Attached: 1561351523809.jpg (382x349, 40K)

He was armed with knifes and shit, and most employees were women who were scared and didn't know how to react.

Wasnt it about some train song?

Not even capable of using a chair to stop a guy with a measly knife and some gasoline?
Pathetic.

>Someone decided to lock it

That's unconfirmed. It\s possible people just fainted before reaching it due to the heavy smoke.

Read the thread. Door was unlocked.

Let's be honest. Most Japanese men would have been scared and not known how to react either.

Man if they discover that the work conditions for these people were not following international law then this is going to get a lot of repercusions.

There were tens of people with office supplies against him. Because some guys were too scared of being cut, 30 people burned alive.

No one is suprised just because no one in the Western world gives a fuck about Russian inner politics.
Yah, who in the Western world would give a fuck about easternish barbarians? Their life is so miserable so death is the best salvation for them, right?

They died before they got to the door. Firefighters had already said the door wasn't locked and it opens outward. They simply couldn't survive with all the smoke they had inhaled before getting to the door.

That's what I heard too but I'm not gonna lean too hard on hearsay from an anonymous mongolian arsonist board

Attached: What's going on in this thre-.gif (338x288, 883K)

>Stop guy or die
after 9/11, yeah, i'm pretty sure an American (most of us) if faced with certain death would rather take the asshole with them at the least. They probably underestimated the guy.

It was some catchphrase he came up about his supreme technique for photographing trains. No one cared so he would spam it whenever he posted about his train pics on 5ch. Then the same term as an abbreviation for something else got popularized (not really) in reference to the baritone saxophone solo in Euphonium and this kimotaku thought KyoAni stole his precious term.

>Their life is so miserable so death is the best salvation for them, right?

Agreed.

Didn't they die right in front of the door though?

Kyoani is known for actually being one of the few studios that doesn't treat their animators like absolute dogshit

Likely none. They wouldn't be in the animation studio.

source?

there's nothing to back that up, research your shit user.

here's the facts:
1. It is 100% confirmed that there was a train otaku on 2chan assblasted about kyoani
2. It is 100% confirmed that kyoani has a train song in the new movie
3. It is 100% confirmed that a 2chan user made "time to get on the news!" thread the same day as the fire
4. It is 100% confirmed that the arsonist never worked for kyoani at any point
5. he might have submitted something to a contest and gotten cucked, but we have no proof of that and he sure doesn't seem like a writer.
6. when the guy that got arrested screamed about plagarism, the JP sentence had no subject in it because it doesn't need one. he didn't say that they plagarised from him, just from someone.

now this could all be entirely unrelated, but to me it sure seems like this guy killed over 30 people because of a fucking song cover.

This is gonna be the nightmare that finally get jap code legislators to care about something other than city earthquake preparedness, or at least I hope

This is my favourite type of train, what's yours Yea Forums ?

Attached: marplatense-80s.jpg (1270x848, 231K)

Does this mean that Dragon Tiddies is canceled?

the fucker just ran after burning the first floor, i doubt he came contact with the employees

Attached: 1563461958818.jpg (1280x4320, 371K)

Good luck staying calm when someone is trying to kill you.

Attached: 1562268329810.gif (464x270, 976K)

there is no problem. they were too stupid to leave the building and paid the price

Attached: maitetsu画像_20181007_212857.jpg (572x529, 53K)

Lets hope so

Is this what a train otaku is like?
youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

Only 4% of people could do that without training.

>Agreed
So that's why I dream to see the West raped.

No, they had died in a pile on the stairs leading to the door. They just couldn't reach the door in time. It takes one person in front to pass out to fuck over everyone else behind them.

Attached: ainsley-harriott-02-460x312.jpg (460x312, 28K)

It was an inside job

Was known.

Attached: 3.jpg (400x400, 71K)

The fucking news. People had reported him dousing people with gasoline, and he had several knives on him. Hell, he even confessed to setting the place on fire and had wanted to use his knives to finish off the survivors.

How can a train be so small? You probably can't even ride it

I don't think seiyuu hang around at the animation studio offices.

Im not that autist but i like trains, i used to film them a bit when i travelled around, once i got the chance to actually jump into the cabin of one and was very cool

Whole thing mustve been insanely fast. Its hard to believe they couldnt make some ten fifteen fast steps to get to the door in time.

Someone had mention the song thing might not be a song since barisaku can mean baritone sax but it is also a trainspotting term, which is something a train otaku would say.

>With this incident behind us, will other animation studios start adapting proper safety and fire hazard standards?
Lol no nips don't give a shit about this stuff

Yeah, just jump over the arsonist and smash him with 150 KG of pure american freedom fattnes.

Yeah, she rides you

You dumb ass, an autistic had lit the ground level exit on fire so they couldn't escape that way. Still surprised there weren't emergency exits at ground level

I posted that unironically though. There is no way KyoAni will bounce back from this. I expect all their future projects to be cancelled and the remaining staff/IP to be either absorbed into another company or changing to something completely different.

Without a doubt. Fuck noiseless, automatic door opening trains.

Attached: BelNor.jpg (671x430, 76K)

When exposed to extreme heat the metal expands and the door is harder to open.My house gate does this in the summer

It's an anime studio. It's filled with paper. The fire was deliberated set to kill everyone inside the building and had been planned out beforehand. You do the fucking math.

>you will never express genuine joy like that

That's a nice boat.

No rooftop break for wagggeslaves

soul

Attached: 0001585385.jpg (611x308, 47K)

soulless

Attached: San-Martin.jpg (1024x687, 215K)

PSA FOR ALL WORKING ANONS.

NEVER TRY TO EXIT TO THE ROOF OF YOUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT IN A FIRE SITUATION.

IT IS A STANDARD THAT DOORS TO ROOF ACCESS ARE LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.

So what you're saying is that if pipe smoking was still the chief form of tobacco consumption, they would be alive, as there's no butts and only a tiny amount of ash (which is often swept away by the wind before it can even hit the ground)?

This is nonsensical; someone charges in, screaming, waving a knife and throwing petrol all over the place; by the time you've realised what's going on, he's already lit the fires.

>男は火をつけながら「死ね」などと話していたということです。

>また、現場付近にはリュックやガソリンを入れる携行缶、台車、それに包丁数本とハンマーが落ちていたということです。

Ahh yes of course, here it is in plain moonrunes.