No security guard or electronic card system which would prevent someone from the street to enter

>no security guard or electronic card system which would prevent someone from the street to enter
Was it worth it?

Attached: chibi.jpg (475x619, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011998101000.html
mainichi.jp/articles/20190718/k00/00m/040/308000c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

most security guards work in multiple office bulidings tho

>what is KyoAni shop

ONE(1) SINGLE FUCKING EXIT

I work as security guard, sit on my ass from 8 to 16, then shitpost on Yea Forums on laptop, fast free wi-fi, big 4K tv to play games on. It's almost same shit I would be doing in home so it's like I'm being paid for this. ALso going there for 1 day and then have 2 days free since others guards rotate.

Glad to know the premises are being well guarded.

It's like they don't even have natural disasters to teach them to be more forthcoming

They get raped by earthquakes like every year

do you have a cool uniform like this guy tho?

No sprinkler system too. This is beyond fucked up. How can their CCTV system (or fuck even people coming and going from the building) not notice emergency exits suspiciously being chained up (or some unknown individual with chains hanging around these exits)

cctv is seldom watched live retard

stop watching movies

He’s a big boy

Every week*

Wait, seriously?

Attached: 1535046544400.png (436x960, 377K)

And the roof was locked.

Its almost as if Japan isn't a total shithole so you don't need to waste money on stuff like this because it doesn't happen often

>Don’t mind me, just bringing in 40 litters of petro to errr, make a fire as a reference for our animators
>Go right in sir!

Attached: DF0D8C3C-90A0-4250-9E30-A37D74779E0C.jpg (522x413, 142K)

>the roof was locked in case of suicide
>the windows were bulletproof and locked in case of suicide
>animators were chained to their desks in case of suicide
I never knew everyone in Japan was trying to kill themselves 24/7, and the news isn't reporting any of it, but thank god anons are so knowledgeable.

locked door on the roof is even more retarded desu.

I don't know how much different this is in Japan, but generally speaking what a security guard would do with someone acting suspicious on sight is just call the police. There's not much they can do due to liability issues. They're basically human scarecrows.

Security guards usually don't use weapons but you can bet your ass if someone attempted to enter with tanks of gasoline they would tackle the guy.

I genuinely think most would try to interfere with that guy, but at least at the company I worked for in the states we were trained to avoid physical confrontation at all costs. Guards aren't police (though a lot of them really really want to be) and don't possess the legal protections for their actions that police do. Under the circumstances you're probably going to ignore that, but it's not going to be any more effective than the office workers who confronted the guy.

Having security there probably would have helped, but not as much as some people seem to think. The biggest thing a security guard does to prevent mischief is make people reconsider trying in the first place.

The door wasn't locked from the reports I've read. ( www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011998101000.html )
They probably struggled to open it in a panic, and or suffocated in front of it. Chances are that even if they mad it out, they'd die from the smoke they inhaled. It was a massive gasoline fire. The whole building was probably full of smoke within seconds. My guess is the only chance most of them ever had was to jump out of a window the second they realized there's a fire.

You guys forget: Security guards usually are shitty rent-a-cops and that guy was armed with knives. There's a good probability that if a guard approached him, that he would have just stabbed the guy to death and then set it on fire anyways. Only change would be +1 stabbing victim in all likelyhood.

That depends on the laws on private security in the country. Thou Im pretty sure nips are really careful with that.

In here security-guards are permited to use force and have heightened legal protection

How many knives this fucker had? Did watching too much chinese cartoons paid off for him to be an isekai edgelord murder hobo?

The knives change things. I think any security guard would have probably stopped the gasoline even unarmed but you're right that adding knives into the mix really lowers the likelihood a guard would work out.

The roof was locked because whatever, suicide has nothing to do with it

>going outside when an earthquake is taking place
Amerimutts everybody

>petro

Ive never experienced an earthquake but it's better than get buried alive right?

>every building should have posted guards and keycards
kek

Security guard here. I'm not a lazy piece of shit but I would lie if I didn't spend most of my time taking creepshots of cuties. There's a public pool nearby so I get a nice view of wet teen girls.

But there should be better chance people inside the building would be alert faster than without any security guard though.

EOP, didn't this info reach you already?

They had a fucking keycards system in the building, but the system was off because KyoAni had a business meeting today, so the cards were off and doors open.

Source: mainichi.jp/articles/20190718/k00/00m/040/308000c

>  同社の八田英明社長によると、第1スタジオは普段、専用カードを使って出入りするセキュリティーがとられているが、この日は朝から打ち合わせがあり、来客のためシステムを解除していたという。

Except there was an electronic card system. They disabled it because there was a meeting today. The attack was planned, so the attacker obviously took this into consideration.

There is a sprinkler system, but it ain't gonna do jack shit when 40 liters of gasoline is involved.

All in all, hindsighters need to fuck off with their ways in how this situation could've easily been prevented when no one would've seen this coming or have any way to deal with this.

The ground floor of the building is a storefront. I've also read that they were expecting guests on the day.

Security guards dont do shit. Even in countries where they're allowed to carry guns, they're highly ineffective or incompetent

I guarantee a fire escape would have saved some lives. Not necessarily everyone since gasoline is involved but definitely some. That's not hindsight, it's common sense.

the roof wasn't fucking locked niggers

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190718/k10011998101000.html

they all fucking collapsed on the stairs, if the door was locked the firemen wouldn't have been able to open it from outside without a key.

and the door is confirmed to open towards outside, so it wasn't the push/pull direction that killed them.

they suffocated on smoke.

Sprinklers would have made it worse. When accelerants are used, it's essentially the same principle as an oil fire. The problem isn't the blaze itself but the burning liquid you're sloshing around with the water.

You have to use a fire extinguisher or find a way to smother it instead.

>Come closer and I will eat you!

>no security guard
>no fire extinquishing system
>no emergency exits
At least they paid their animators well and treated them like people, unlike other shitty studios :^)

>they suffocated on smoke.
Did none of them have any fire drill training? You don't go up when there's fire because that's where all the smoke go to. You keep your head down instead. Jesus christ, even 3rd world countries know this.

>they suffocated on smoke.
People underestimate how quickly the smoke spreads and puts you out of action. There is a reason why the fire department dudes always tell people how incredibly dangerous the smoke alone is.

You know Murphy's law?

t. arsonist who wants to burn down another anime studio

Wouldn't that only be true for the source of the fire? But a sprinkler system would defiantly helped with lessening the impact of the fire spreading like it did

Dude come on. Its not like he doused the entire fucking office in gasoline, he used it at the first floor and if anons reports are to be trusted he hurled a can though one of the 2nd story windows.
The gasoline eventually burns out, whats left is other accelerants like all the fucking wood and paper in the building. Sprinklers would absolutely help with that shit since its not a gasoline fire, the gasoline fire is concentrated to whereever this fat retard poured it, everywhere else, its a wood and paperfire or whatever the fuck the proper term for it is.

>have important meeting
>lower security
what did they mean by this

Attached: 980x.jpg (600x407, 43K)

Sprinklers help reducing the smoke, giving the staff upstairs more time to jump out of the building before being passed out.

assuming the spiral staircase really did function as furnace, chances are they couldn't head down to the first floor because shit was BBQ central. at that point their only other option was the roof, or jumping out a window. they could have stayed where they where at, but you did see how the building looked at the end.

windows were honestly their best option, but "common sense" prevented them from doing it.

Most definitely. Would have at least soaked wood and paper, kept the fire from getting more fuel.

My animation studio has no security guard, fire extinguishing system or emergency exit either. And I work in fucking LUXEMBURG, moneyland.
It's not a 3rd world tier mistake like some people want to make it out to be.

from a survivors account a victim on the third floor called for help from the window. he/she was so covered in soot the witness couldn't make out the form's gender. they called out for help fruitlessly until they collapsed against the window sill and eventually burned to ash leaving only their silhouette

Is it also made of 90% wood?

Then i'd immediatly report the building to the proper authorities if I were you, but you might want to die so what do I care.

Is it shock and grief that compels you to this retarded level of "dude i totally would have survived" hindsight from 6000 miles away? Or are you just naturally a retarded asshole?

Why couldn’t they jump out the window though.

that makes it even less forgivable. if you run a sweatshop and don't give a moment's thought to the safety/well being of your staff to have emergency measures in place you are an even bigger scumbag than some third world slave driver (because you have the means to do something, you just lack the GIVE A FUCK)

They didn't open and were too sturdy to break

That's terrible way to go

Thankfully it's not, but 40l of gasoline would most likely still wreck our shit, especially since we're on the second floor.
Yeah and get sacked by my boss while he gets sacked by the guy who owns the building. Sure.

faggots like you should have died instead of any of the workers that died in this fire

Your animation studio has windows that can be opened.
Also I find it hard to believe there's not a single fire extinguisher or it doesn't have at least two exits (not necessarily emergency ones).

>They didn't open and were too sturdy to break
Thats a fucking lie you dipshit. You can see in photos that there are several windows opened and the glass is literally singlelayered, its not like Kyoani invested in bulletproof glass.
Retard.

>unopenable windows
All this just feels weird when I look at the building. Like there’s still the little deck to the outside on each floor too

>Yeah and get sacked by my boss while he gets sacked by the guy who owns the building.
And how in the everliving niggerfuck is your boss gonna find out it was you unless you had the brilliant idea of telling him it was you?

Extinguishers maybe, but those do jack shit when the only stairway to only exit is burning and there's a guy spilling gasoline to everyone trying to get through

>They didn't open
That seems a problem

One of the employees even screamed for help.

Imagine actually going to jail for burning down an anime studio.

>jail
More like death row

It has a fire extinguisher and a "second exit". But the second exit is on the first floor and is simply a door to the neighbouring restaurant's toilets. If the same scenario were to play out, the first floor would be absolute hell, completely covered in fire. The second exit would do jack shit because it's actually more difficult to access than the main one. The fire extinguisher would work well against a fire that's just starting, but it's not going to do much against 40l of fucking gasoline.
In a small studio, everyone knows each other man, if I try to pretend it's not me he's gonna figure that out really quick you can trust me.
Yeah a single window, on the third floor. Great. I guess I can just jump to my death or by getting smashed by all the people trying to jump out of the window.

You guys seem to think that things are so easy. It's likely that KyoAni got that building first when they had no money and thus couldn't be picky about safety measures. Then completely forgot about that as they became richer because no one would expect anything like this to happen.
A studio isn't like a huge corporation with guys in suits going through the entire list of corporate stuff they have to do. Which is arguably what everyone should do when it comes to security at the very least.

this is what happens when a high trust society meets American (i.e. Jewish) social engineering

Just because YOUR place is just as badly made (and despite that, still better than Kyoani's which is supposed to be a big studio, not a literal who animation in the netherlands) it doesn't mean it's okay for nips to do the same.

KyoAni wasn't always a big studio user. This was their FIRST building, the one they got when they were literal whos. Also, it seems like the building was actually deemed to be safe for fire hazards by inspections.
There's no way they could have known.

You are a complete fucking idiot just so you know.
I mean Zimbabwe IQ dumb.

brb buy some gasoline

Clearly, the inspector was wrong. Heads will roll. People will be fired.

they burned kyoani, we'll burn israel

I forsee something like this going on:
The CEO or Vice president will do a press release with him apologizing, bowing his head as is custom, saying they will renovate and have state of the art firesafety. It will be a big headline for about a week, about firehazards in the workplace, maybe other companies gets renovated aswell.
In a year, noone remembers, noone cares, firesafety will be just as shit and nothings really changed.

Inshallah brothers

how do you say "absolute unit" in Japanese?

That's weird as fuck too considering they're an well-known studio and incredibly popular with otaku and normalfags. It's crazy to me as a westerner. I live in a pretty relaxed city but you still need fucking 2 passcodes, photo id, an electronic badge and a signed note from your parents to get in anywhere. Let alone the office of a big shot animation studio.

Best thing I've read today. You're a good guy, unironically.

It was old building, and security was lax because they had a meeting that day.

From all the photos of the KyoAni studios, it shows they're a pretty humble operation despite their fame

Give animators a slightly better pay so that they don't die from overworking themselves like at other studios, or should they instead invest that money in better security so that no psycho comes to burn them all down?
Decisions, decisions.

絶対ユニット

I know, that what I meant by "incredibly popular with otaku and normalfags". You would think they would have locked doors and security just to stop fans from dropping in or loitering around. Maybe that's not a thing in Japan.
In my head I picture
>ok, some Haruhi otaku came in and demanded to know where we're hiding season 3
to be a weekly occurrence for them.

The Japanese are mostly civilized, they dont do that sort of stuff normally. These sort of incidents are quite rare

Eh, fire extinguishers are sorta useless. They only work BEFORE the flames properly take hold.
After they are just decoration.

There is also foam vs powder, where one is shit tier, and the other can be used properly against chemical fires.

Thats just what happens when you can't be arsed to have keys or keycards with higher access.
So instead of letting management and guests into the area and pre handling keys, or even having a lobby: You disable security.

Attached: Fire_triangle_large.png (1175x1024, 87K)

There was a back exit as well, but bet the stairwell(s) was cut off from the fire.

Melusine? Dang I tried to get a job there once but failed

other countries will push japan because of the olympics tho
specially eurocucks

That seems about as likely as me getting anywhere in life.