Why is Yamakan this based anyway?

Why is Yamakan this based anyway?

Attached: 0df847df1836167439d0e524fda2d763.png (547x189, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/miyagikenshijin/status/1151808135746609153
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shut the fuck up Yamakan

Attached: 1562367436246.png (283x268, 72K)

what does it say? was he behind it? I knew it

>Makoto Shinkai wishes his condolences to KyoAni
>Yamakan tells him to shut up

“Shut up”

why. why. why?

Attached: D_vs3FWU8AE2JZH.jpg (960x695, 122K)

Shut up

>bitter hack who literally got fired due to his incompetence
>based

Why would he say that? People died.

shut up a little
also buy my new movie

If you think that you can leave from anime, this news might be a very good news?

Later on he tweeted "I'm sorry I was upset, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I still can't believe it."
Then he tweeted prayforkyoani hashtag.

he's /ourguy/

People die all the time.

What's Yamakan's home address?

Attached: 1557983152491.png (519x720, 326K)

>literally got fired
No, you fucking Tumblr retard, he didn't "literally" get fired.

People at KyoAni today got literally fired. Do you know what "literally" means? No, you don't, cause you're a phoneposter calishitter. Learn some English.

Attached: 1536006090829.jpg (398x387, 73K)

People die when they are killed.

It's Yamakan, the dude is genuinely mentally unwell.

This post is fire.

>Yamakan to Idol who was stabbed: "Have you tried not getting stabbed?"

Attached: yamakan.png (600x314, 342K)

Translation? I don't speak weebanese.

Why are you quoting me?

Based.

>everyone proceeded to spam him with the same "Shut up" reply
kek

I can't believe he actually saved anime

Be silent for a moment.

Learn English, ESL-kun.

Attached: 20190718_043829.jpg (1080x1634, 368K)

>Has only ever produced low quality absolute fucking trash for his entire career (even as someone with a soft spot for WUG, its not good), including almost killing lucky star before it could take off
>Based
Nah hes shit, no matter what he says.

>everyone posting screencaps of being blocked by him

Attached: 1479727932947.png (688x720, 515K)

>words mean the opposite of what they mean

Really? Id have thought it was more appropriate to call him ESL for not knowing what "fired" means in a colloquial context..

>Literally is used
>When it's not literally
Anything added to the dictionary after 1990 needs to be removed.

Words can have multiple meanings, ESL-kun.

There's a difference between "literally got fired" and "got literally fired", but I guess you're one of those insecure ESL retards who clings to prescriptivism because he's afraid he'll get called out as a L2 speaker if he doesn't perfectly emulate whatever Strunk & White say.

Valleyspeak is not English, it's not my (and other English-speaking people's) fault you were raised by a single mother who talks like that.
>dictionaries are unquestionable
I guess I just have to accept "xyr" is a pronoun, then.

Attached: 1537191438487.png (326x245, 126K)

Who are you quoting?

Literally has been used that way since Shakespeare

I hope some rabid kyoanifags get him next

>point out company is killing the industry and explain how and why
>execs do everything in their power to silence you

*Whom

>I guess I just have to accept "xyr" is a pronoun, then.
Why wouldn't you? Its one thing to oppose the idea behind a word, but its retarded to oppose the word as a word.

You both need to learn english. It was a proper use of literally, not the informal definition.
He was literally fired. It means to get kicked out of your job. People at KyoAni didn't get fired; they were on fire, which is a different thing, retard.

Then explain to me how one gets metaphorically fired, my zoomer friend.

The people killing the industry are the ones who gave him a job. After leaving he just produces the same shit he complains about others doing, then whines about how bitter he is that they're successful. This is just him getting mad at Shinkai for that exact reason. Maybe if you're going to act like this about your former coworkers dying in one of the worst terrorist attacks your nation has ever seen you deserve to be silenced. I'd be more disgusted if this weren't just Yamakan's usual behavior. Dude is seriously ill.

Not him, but not all meanings are equal. There is a difference between educated and uneducated english despite the popularity of descriptivism.

>I GET TO DECIDE WHAT IS AND ISN'T ENGLISH!!!
No. Language evolves. Get with the times, grandpa.

If someone resigns under pressure, they were not literally fired but for all intents and purposes were.

Yes, because I'm sure KyoAni's niche of shows is the driving force behind the animation industry's decay and not the unsustainable amount of shows produced per season and an increasingly obsolete BD sales model. Or how the only reason anime is even profitable is because animators are paid below living wave and subjected to inhumane working conditions, something KyoAni is famous for not doing.

"I was fired from the office of life, and found myself in the unemployment office of the afterlife."
What is your point anyway: If someone can't think of a metaphorical use of the word, then it is impossible to use that word literally? Are you that retarded?

Um, user, yes, that's quite often how language works. Check out "Nimrod" [great hunter and fucking idiot], "ought" [something or nothing], "chuffed" [pleased or angry] and autist (You).

>my personal opinion has more authority than dictionaries
No.

Indirect is not the same as metaphorical, congratulations for proving you don't understand words. Now stop degenerating a perfectly functional system with ambiguity.

If you had self awareness, you would realize that you are deciding what is allowed.

Not him, but you pretty much won't be able to find a single academic who even entertains prescriptivism. It's only armchair fart-huffers who're struck with sunk cost fallacy now that they've dragged themselves through Elements of Style once.

I'm surprised kyoanus lickers have the capacity to seethe about Yamakan after a third of the staff got fired.

>Now stop degenerating a perfectly functional system with ambiguity.
I'm not the person you are responding to, but the only system we've seen is someone sperging out because someone used "literally" to describe something that literally happened. You then asked someone to give you a metaphorical use of the word because you wanted to say, "If something can't happen metaphorically, then it also can't happen literally", but you were either too dumb to say it, or realized it was a dumb thing to say but wanted to save face.

>you pretty much won't be able to find a single academic
Citation needed. My english teachers throughout university were sticklers for proper usage. You say things, and worship academics, as if you were someone that never went through college.

>He doesn't know that dictionaries aren't trying to be authorities.
How embarrassing.

It's a figure of speech you dipshit. It's using the word fired in a way that's contrary to the literal definition. Of course it's a metaphor.

someone mentioned that yamakan knew some of the people inside that building. it made me think that maybe he told shinkai to shut up because he was angry at the insincerity of shinkai's ostensibly boilerplate condolences, in the capacity of close (?) friend of one or more of the victims, rather than as an edgy bystander, as most people seem to have interpreted his tweets

this would also explain why he later tweeted about drinking and the subsequent 'why? why? why?' tweet. i'm not saying he's a stable person, but perhaps there's a stable person's reason as to why he made those bizarre tweets

>If someone can't think of a metaphorical use of the word, then it is impossible to use that word literally?
How would you feel about "he got into the inside of the elevator" or "he hotly burned"?
It makes your mind wander into territory that has nothing to do with the message, and you start wondering if there's a secret wall on the elevator or if there could be cold fire.

If language is about clearly communicating ideas instead of adequacy to standards, as you "language evolves!!!" nihilists advocate for, then why should words be used in a completely different context that will clearly interfere with such principle be welcomed?

Sorry for taking so long, user. Now read my reply and also be wary of Auto-updating thread conversations not being as linear as you'd expect.

Agreed. Chomsky and his asslickers can chomske on a cock and die. Nothing wrong with language creativity, but degeneration through ignorance and misuse is not to be applauded.

Adding "literally" to something that literally happened might clash with your sense of style or seem ugly, but it isn't incorrect. I'm half sure I've seen, "He hotly burned", in a novel or poem. It adds emphasis, and changes the rhythm, balance, or whatever it is that poets care about.

my two cents: you're a pretentious asswipe who has never heard of any linguist besides Chomsky and thinks he's an expert on the English language despite never having written anything longer than a high school essay

umm but like... talking like a phoneposter literally isn't like poetic license at all?? all it does is like literally make u sound dumb af

He's just the figurehead for superficial retards who think prescriptivism is always bad and resort to muh organic language every time they make a mistake.
I'm much more interested in people like Ross, who analyzed the constraints of grammar nesting, for instance.
But I should stop here, I don't want to shatter your only other safety measure against a meanie opinion: fiction writing.

Your "English" teachers? user...no wonder you have this retardation lodged in your brain.

No, I am showing you what a word means. You are the one deciding to not acknowledge reality.

Yamakan is my hero

Nice straw man.

You might be right if Yamakan didn't start retweeting and promoting his own movie in between telling Shinkai to shut up and having a breakdown getting memed to death by Japanese twitter.

You say that but I'm quite certain that you couldn't draw a simple syntax tree or formulate a donkey sentence on your own if your life depended on it. And who the fuck mentioned fiction?

What a disgusting individual.

The post that utterly destroyed kyoanifags

Holyfuck that's so based, give me a link to that tweet, I need to rt it!!!

holy based

I literally dropped my jaw and ice cream in it reading this

Yamakan got fucked over by office politics and driven out, but even he never was enough of a madman to burn the studio down.
How the fuck did an otaku burn down an anime studio for ripping him off when gacha exists?

I don't want to extend this discussion, but the "fiction" part was referring to your painting of the opposing side as completely ignorant and "knowing only Chomsky", among other things.

Based post

Not him, but informal language isn't supposed to be part of the official/correct language.
"I don't need no money" for instance is a grammatically incorrect ESL shit that no decent Academy would approve, but it's still a popular and familiar saying that is part if the American culture. But that doesn't make it any less shit or incorrect.
Same goes with the "you're waifu" or "X a shit" grammatical attrocities that you people love to use in these boards.

>18k retweets
>10k likes
Why?

>Part of the*

Absolutely fucking based

BREAKING NEWS: Yasuhiro Takemoto, director of Amagi Brilliant Park, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Full Metal Panic The Second Raid, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days, Hyōka, and Lucky Star confirmed dead.

twitter.com/miyagikenshijin/status/1151808135746609153

Attached: P9153-2407722022.1457529709.jpg (190x190, 7K)

because "ripping off" is a really garbage translation

Based.

fake news

Why not?

>all these angly replies
I hate edgeposting, but this is pretty based.

based

>Free! Starting Days
Phew, I almost felt bad.

His new anime to save industry when?

Attached: 1370847026792.jpg (594x520, 79K)

Same here

Gahahaha, this is great!

Attached: 1558077990508.jpg (300x168, 10K)

kekd out loud