Looking at the last 6 years of kyoani production, can you actually say that something of value was lost?

Looking at the last 6 years of kyoani production, can you actually say that something of value was lost?

Attached: 1536766252062.png (975x624, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7A4IlwuuyyI
twitter.com/miyagikenshijin/status/1151808135746609153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Looking at the last 6 years of kyoani production, can you actually say that something of value was lost?

Well Sound Euphonium gave us a couple of good doujins. Kumiko is tier 1 waifu material.
The rest of what they made is utterly forgettable.

make it 11-12

People

They were just underpaied easily replaceable animators.

Animation industry have lost many skillful people. Their life alone are invaluable. Moreover, even if you don't like those shows, many people do. That is where the real "value" are.

I legitimately don't understand the mentality of people who would see that people have died then decide their opinion on it should be "I don't personally like the things they may have worked on, so I must tell people that nothing of value was lost when these people died." Joking or otherwise.

Tamako Markey, Eupho and VEG were okay.

Kyoani is literally Google of anime, only best of the best work there

actually yeah I liked most of it

Why did no one stop the bald alien?

>Tamako Market
good but basically a worse soremachi
>Free!
shit
>Kyokai no Kanata
shit
>Chuunibyou S2
shit
>Amaburi
pretty good
>Hibike
S1 good, S2 mediocre
>phantom world
shit
>Dragon Maid
Unironically great, ironic weebs be damned
>VEG
shit
>Tsurune
shit

Still a better batting average than most studios desu

VEG is the greatest anime of all time, everything else is mediocre.

Attached: 1551592305217.png (618x623, 446K)

Yeah but maid dragon is the only good show from that time.

Hibike, AmaBuri, and Maid Dragon are all great so yes.

And yet, they still earn less than the lowest employee at McDonalds Japan.
In the end, it's still nip otaku slave animators working 72 hours a week for shit payment. And they do it willingly.

Fuck you. Phantom World was fun.

Literally only Amagi.

I hope that no one actually believes this,even though I know they do.

Making a bunch of faggot shit for fujoshi probably did not put them in God's favour. But they gave us Haruhi once so this is still tremendously sad.

I wanted to see 20 Seiki Denki Mokuroku. They don't make much romance anime anymore.

Human lives.

VEG had one good episode. And Luculia.

Every animation studio have that problem. It's not exclusive to Kyoani.

Did nobody like A Silent Voice?

Eupho and VEG are among the studio's greatest works.

>the last 6 years
Look at every single year. They haven't made anything worth watching.

Japanese society will prosper when more otaku rid the earth of their oppressors.

>treating people like inanimate resources
Holy shit you're so tough and cool. I wanna be just like you when I grow up.

Maidragon was okay. Amagi had hot girls.

That's about it.

Attached: MaiDragon Kanna_ass4.webm (1280x720, 1.41M)

I unironically hate every anime of the last 10 years because they became too popular.

WAAAAH THEY DIEDED SO WE CANT TALK BAD ABOUT DEM NOW

Why should I even care about them?

There's not a SINGLE generic anime in that entire list.
NOT A SINGLE ONE.
Not one idol show. Not one isekai show. Not one post-EVA/madoka"hyuk hyuk hyuk what a TWEEST"/social commentary show.
None of them felt like a cashgrab either. Animation quality was always at or above standards.

Nothing in my post implied you can't criticize their works. Don't pretend anything OP said is remotely close to worthwhile criticism though.

Is this bait?

KyoAni started to smell when they made K-On, then died when they thought Tamako Market was a good idea.

Huge Lucky Star and Nichijou fan, but I had moved on ages ago. I don't feel anything.

Attached: 1559501668304.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>None of them felt like a cashgrab either.
Funny when Phantom World episode 1 came out people were saying that Kyoani needed to pay the bills with this series.

the remaining staff will make a passion project that surpasses everything they've ever done

Silent Voice was pretty good, better than the manga.

The last decent show was Chuuni S1 and even then they had to shit on it with s2.

>remaining staff
How many years of recuperation and therapy will that be?

Why yes, human fucking lives you piece of shit. Mothers, fathers, sons and daughters.

Now that I look back on it, VEG and Kobayashi were the only decent things to come out recently

youtube.com/watch?v=7A4IlwuuyyI
It was comfy show

Google has the most idiotic workers on earth, see moot.

I used to work with a guy who lived through a concert fire where 200 people died. 3 years after the fact, he was definitely far from normal.

Nichijou is the last good KyoAni anime.

Aren't they have people in their other studio in other city?

Thanks. My fiance and I really liked violet evergarden and it is my mom's first intro into modern anime so we are quite sad at the loss.

Why limit yourself to six years?

Are you white?

Dragon Maid was also okay. Not as good as Nichijou but still something similar to their golden era selves (about 2006-2012)

There are deaths happening every second, should I go around crying all day?

No

(insert edgy comment here)

They'll do a collab effort for Fire Force season 2

It's an industry wide problem indeed. But we shouldn't care about that. If otaku are all happy enough to draw anime under such shitty conditions, let them be. If they really cared, they would have started a union and complained to their respective studio bosses.
Heck, Toei has a union that does that all the time.
But then again, we're talking about otaku. They're all antisocial loners who will never band together in the first place.

>Fire Force
They should cancel this show now desu.

Yes

This

Why? They can even have a KyoAni inspired episode now

Yeah all those anime suck ass but it's still a tragedy that so many underpaid and overworked people had to suffer a shitty death on top of that.

Japan needs communism.

Amagi was great!

Rest is average or meh.

Violet Evergarden and Amagi were good.

All shit. Hope the survivors can find work in studios with actual security that can take care of 1 guy with a knife.

>implying animate resources are somehow special
Spirits don't exist and consciousness is a meme.

It's shitter than their shows for one.

maybe

hell no, commie

Attached: 1537778464137.jpg (1024x1024, 102K)

I enjoyed Chuu-2 and Kobayashi

No

Attached: 1563279858121.jpg (237x213, 12K)

Join the nazbol gang, user.

Attached: 1542447013814.png (411x250, 171K)

50cento was good.

Attached: 1542969272135.gif (500x340, 233K)

this

Attached: 1563283593.jpg (1667x1938, 787K)

Don't tell me what to do

It was a long time since I enjoyed anything made by kyoani.

They'll make new seasons and movies of Free! for the next 10 years to overcome the fear of fire.

Japan need to stay just as it is.

Attached: meanwhile in japan.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

t. Uesaka Sumire

based and empathypilled

Meidoragon.

Thank god Japan is so utterly averse to communism

Attached: Evil.jpg (1600x900, 547K)

Why are we comparing work to human value? People needlessly died because of some dickhead thought he was plagerized and all people seem to care about is whether they 'deserve' to die cause some anime was bad?

most of my favorites are on that list

Attached: anime.jpg (3264x3264, 995K)

>Google
>competent
Have you taken a look at what they've done to youtube in the past few years?

>no original ideas in decades

Can you repeat the question?

Well, Amagi Park was decent at least.

Nothing else of value was lost.

Attached: 017.png (651x289, 128K)

You are free to leave Yea Forums at any tine frendo

Dragon Maid was pretty god. Light novel trash can go die in a fire, though.

I liked Tamako market a lot. I didn't know it wasn't very popular

Attached: d5zmx84-a6b96fcc-9a94-47f3-b50b-cc38587cce43.png (830x720, 217K)

Of course a tumblrina like you only cares about fag dragons.

actual people died you piece of trash

Everytime I like see a edgefag, i like to believe in their final moments of their life, they will be alone or in pain.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

If I was a tumblrina I'd be mourning Free.
Now take your boogeyman and fuck off back to Yea Forums.

And?

nope
fuck that trash studio

>actual people
Woah, and here I thought for a second all this brouhaha was about fictional characters dying in a real life fire.

Amagi and maid dragon were kino. But ya they’ve been a sinking ship for a while.

no

/thread

>waaah waaah people I don't know died
I don't give a shit

This is the time you leave from anime. If you think so, what a good news today’s incident is!

>Thinks Free is the only Kyoani show tumblr likes

>knowing in detail what tumblr likes

I think you're a little too old to be watching anime
anymore bruh

I honestly dont know what you expect, anime is a sperg medium. Mentally challenged and outcast people gravitate to it because of its simplistic social interactions and easily-read unambiguous expressions, in strong contrast to the real world around them fraught with interpersonal minefields and and nuanced responses completely lost on them; so idk why you would be surprised that Yea Forums is full of mouthbreathers who are incapable of expressing empathy in the face of human tragedy.

Zoomer attitude

Edgy faggots need to leave

wow you unironically hit the nail on the head

*asians

if you died, even people who did know you wouldn't give a shit

you won't get karma points for fake empathy here

>I only go on Yea Forums because I'm too pAtRiCiAn for any other site.

Over 800 people were brutally murdered in Africa yesterday. Some because of ethnic cleansing, some because of territorial disputes, and some for no reason whatsoever.
And, you don't care. You don't even care that another 800 will be killed today, and then tomorrow. And that's actually pretty normal.

Now, you have to ask yourself why you care about the less than a hundred Japanese people who died. Or why you cared why a handful of famous directors died. Or why you care why a single director died.

If Kanye West got hit by a truck, or Michael Bay got crushed by a tank, I wouldn't care. Might even be a little happy. But, that's because I personally don't like the things they have worked on.

This, however, is a tragedy on a ridiculous level, because Kyoani made good shit. Even if not all of it was great, it was still all good shit. Storywise, their most recent series may have been underwhelming, but their animation was an inspiration.

>tsurune was so terrible I completely forgot it even existed
Christ

And why would I give a shit if I'm dead?

cool, then kys right now

People who do know me wouldn't give a shit but that doesn't mean I have to be a heartless asshole.

Kyoani even if were producing bad anime it was still a studio with better working conditions for their workers. And it is sad to see that people died there and studio's future is uncertain.
As for
>Over 800 people were brutally murdered in Africa yesterday
Honestly, I do not care about some niggers dying. People also constantly die in my country because of war

I don’t see anything bad here.

You left out the latest Hibike movie shitfest

I don't get the kyoani hate. But it is true that they have not made a single good anime. Their work is mediocre.

Attached: 1558177435258.png (894x1199, 3.17M)

I think both are terrible things that shouldn't happen though.

what's annoying is that they waste their animation on utter garbage

>their animation was an inspiration
Not really. Their animation was overanimated garbage most of the time.

It's always nice to see something earnest amongst all the irony

t. developmentally disabled light novel reader

Veg was going to get a sequel and if the first time was any indication, Yea Forums was going to get flooded by more retarded than usually redditors, so not having this happen is something of immeasurable value that we gained.

Are they still lost? I thought they found a bunch but they were just dead.

Since people died but you and your genetic line is still alive so, yes.

I disagree. FMP and Haruhi were good. Probably more the source material than KyoAnus but still.

dont use words you dont understand, the animation in any of these is literally nothing close to mediocre.
>waah the stories arent dark edgy 2deep4u
who gives a fuck its anime
nice buzzwords but literally no one intelligent or educated in animation would agree with you

Why only 6 years? Their cancer started with K-On. They were one of, if not THE main contributor to the absolute dreadful state of the current anime industry.

The post-K On anime industry is the result of companies like Kyoani selling out and catering to the lowest of the lowest common denominator.

Attached: 1563088166821.gif (600x434, 1.01M)

>overanimated

You don't understand what that means, and discredit yourself with that opinion.
Cobbler and the Thief is an example of overanimation. Animation where every action is exaggerated to the point of being distracting.

Kyoani just did ridiculously good animation, and liberally used money shots when they thought they were appropriate because they had the talent and resources to do so.

They chose to die. If i see a guy running at me to set me on fire, im gonna walk away

>implying violet evergarden isn't dark edgy 2deep5you
it's still shit

Everyone talking about muh lost lives is so fucking cringe. You don't know them, you'll forget about it next week, feeling good for yourself because you are so kind hearted and maybe you donated money to a scam that "wants to help kyoani".

while most of the anime kyoani makes arent that good, the animation quality is the best there is for tv anime
they had potential to make amazing anime, but now they're going to close down because of some autistic kyoani hater

what the FUCK is a post like this doing on Yea Forums? Where do you think you are, you absolute blithering dipshit? You wanna call out edgelord trash, fine, but if you think anons need to stop saying what they think the moment something real happens, you never got the idea of what's going on here in the first place

user, have you taken a good look at the state of Yea Forums in the last three years?

What kind of anime do people that hate Kyoani enjoy?

Attached: 1561745710420.jpg (474x355, 13K)

non shit anime

>autistic kyoani hater
Also some bright mind can follow his example and try to set some other anime studio on fire

Sorry, but I need my animu and vidya so Japan can't have communism.

shitty shounen-battle-anime like the mentally handicapped 12-year-olds they are.

Attached: 1446503689666.png (482x441, 189K)

>moefag calling other people 12 years old

Yeah, maid dragon. Sure, VEG is a black hole of a counterweight, but maid dragon was a good adaptation and, as a primarily mangofag, one of the only things in years that got me to watch an anime all the way through.

80s mecha anime

>I need my animu and vidya so Japan can't have communism.
You can have both

Attached: artworks-000332916642-58wqk2-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 61K)

I enjoyed their old works.

Yeah user, I'm sure a 12 Year old kid would rather watch K-On! over something like DBZ or Naruto.

>K-On! over something like DBZ or Naruto
Yes but that's because DBZ and Naruto suck

>What kind of anime do people that hate Kyoani enjoy?
t. zoomer

Kyoani was an actual high quality studio back in the day and many of the people who hate Kyoani now were actually fans themselves of old Kyoani or at the very least respected their works back then. Air, FMP Fumoffu, FMP TSR, Haruhi, Lucky Star, Kanon, Clannad all ranged from good to amazing anime staples that will still be recommended many years from now. All of that changed the second K-On came out. The difference in output (both quality and type of output) between pre- and post-K On Kyoani is staggering.

People died, user.
Seek therapy.

Man, it's been almost ten years since Satoshi Kon died, and I still get depressed when I think about all the great movies he could have made if he had lived longer.

And, this is on a similar level, where the "What Ifs" are gonna haunt the industry for years. The best Kyoani anime was always the one they never made, because they were a studio with boundless potential and just needed one good script to make something truly incredible.

Attached: 1554513123083.jpg (1280x5000, 608K)

Feel free to leave. Reddit's waiting for you.

Therapy is a scam user, raise your IQ.

Fire Force

/m/ trying hard to be relevant.

Their last good show was Hyouka. Dragon lesbos were okay but nothing amazing. Amagi was good for fanservice. Everything else was shit.

It's a tragedy and all but it's not really going to hit the industry much. It only means less LN adaptations from their crappy brand nobody even cares about.

Attached: hyouka yuri ED.webm (1300x731, 2.87M)

And each one was still worth ten times more than you.

>everyone is an edgy fag like me

In two weeks, we'll have forgotten all about it, make jokes and fap post threads where we post about how we wanna fap to Kumiko's feet, somebody will occasionally draw Kumiko's feet on fire to mock footfags and KyoAnifags, and life goes on.

I don't even hate them I just don't give a fuck about them. They made nothing good in years.

>I'll vandalize a studio because they made a cartoon I didn't personally like

This is why no one loves you, Yea Forums.

Just because I thought their output wasn't as good as it used to be doesn't mean I think they deserved to burn up.

Also it's not like the entire company disappeared. It'll take a lot of time but they'll be back

Attached: Untitled-6.png (1024x576, 762K)

Good.

No one would give a fuck about my death, and that's how it should be.

>hurr durr look at muh epik doge macro

>best of the best work there
Not a single top 10 animator works at that studios. Hell, I don't think any of them have ever even freelanced on that shitty studio's productions.

As long as it manages to trigger the likes of you, that user succeeded after all.

I wish I was a zoomer

it took less time to make than the (admittedly brief) dopamine rush from pissing someone off lasted, so decent return on time

I did not get it. Why dog wants to work as animator in the first place? It most likely can't draw for shit.

>t. zoomer
Get the fuck off Yea Forums. No one wants you here if you're going to communicate like a crossboarding child.

nice digits, fag

No.

digits confirm

>mediocre
>/ˌmiːdɪˈəʊkə/
>adjective: mediocre
>of only average quality; not very good.

>muh crossboarders
Jesus christ you lot are just as bad as the actual crossboarders

>crossboarding
nice buzzword dumb cunt

>implying expressing empathy on an imageboard has any kind of value or reflects anything important
How often do you go outside?

You're okay my dude

>only best of the best work there
Imagine unironically thinking shit like this

never change Yea Forums

>earnest
nothing earnest about this.

Yes everyone in here should never mentally grow up and keep being edgelords that are out of touch with reality

>look at me I'm so mature
why are you here?

this is what happens when you try that there

Attached: 1554190972967.gif (290x200, 968K)

tamako market was ok
the rest are shit

>comparing work to human value
Not op but this is a bit dishonest to show deep concern about people's lives when they die when you did not give a shit about them when they lived.

BREAKING NEWS: Yasuhiro Takemoto, director of Amagi Brilliant Park, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Full Metal Panic The Second Raid, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days, Hyōka, and Lucky Star confirmed dead.

twitter.com/miyagikenshijin/status/1151808135746609153

Attached: Yasuhiro Takemoto.jpg (160x160, 4K)

I'm sorry for not rooting for innocent people's death because they made a cartoon I didn't personally like

>reposting fake news

Fuck off faggot. Just look at the shit in the sticky and tell me this isn't crossboarding retards at its finest

Fake news

Parts of Tamako Market and the movie was pretty good.

my brother

Attached: Tamako_Prof_new.jpg (1440x810, 130K)

Arifureta

And you're one of them.

you sure are a sensitive bitch
all the media covered school shootings, suicide bombings, knife stabbings, etc made me immune to this shit

people are fucking dead

KyoAni is known throughout the industry for fully hiring their employees and paying them an actual salary. None of that freelance, pay-per-drawing bullshit. They also mandate no overtime.
Theres a reason most animators say they want to work at KyoAni.

nothing of value was lost

Should have invested in fire safety measures instead.

Workers died also just because you don't like their works doesn't mean they're bad you mouth breathing idiot

According to some posts all animators are safe though

cry moar faggot

We're gaining memes, and you can bet that the Japanese anime industry will make anime featuring studio employees burning.

>Theres a reason most animators say they want to work at KyoAni.
yeah, look how that panned out

I did like VEG quite a lot.

People died you asshole.

LN pitchers are not animators retard.

It’s the visionaries behind the old KyoAni shows that I’m worried about. A lot of the veterans are still working there!

Upvoted

can you make a more NPC post?

Why are you here?

turns out Yea Forums is full of women lmao

The building was actually extremely well build to withstand fire damage. Most buildings wouldnt have their exterior this well standing after such an attack and all Jap buildings have fire extinguishers. No one can expect when some loony is going to chain up the exits and douse the whole place up before lighting a match.

Nice argument retard, be some human trash some where else
>lol npc
Cross-border detected leave this board at once faggot

Not anymore, now after this event.

Usually I'd say the same, but for some reason that incident struck a chord with me. I think the biggest factor is that it was wagecucks sitting in their office, waging away their lifes only to either burn alive or die because of carbon monoxide poisoning. Also I liked some of the older KyoAni stuff.

Attached: 1544650450305.png (264x246, 83K)

we're all little girls here

Great bait mate, I rate this an edge/8.

Attached: yhcXUe4.png (625x626, 123K)

What, do you want me to scavenge my posts from 2 years ago shittalking Tamako Market & co. just to substantiate my claim in a random, disposable post?

Attached: 4bf.png (625x626, 181K)

lol they burned ahaha dude this doesn't even phase me I'm so edgy and cool for that hahah think you can be as edgy as me? lol please give me attention please please please I need attention

So, how will moeshit recover?
It this the end of mindless moeblob?

i give you attention fren

It is the end of light novel-stealing managers.
At least, that's what the arsonist will have thought.

Everything was entertaining except for the fujoshit. So yes.

Attached: 4.jpg (438x438, 20K)

Hibike was really good, Liz to Aoi Tori was kino and almost a 10/10

Here's a (You)

>Adaptation
>Sequel
I'm seeing a pattern here.

I give a shit because of them regardless of what they do. That goes for everyone unless they're pedos, mass murders and or rapists. No one should die like they did.

Yeah amagi was great