Is Ghost Stories the best english dub ever?

Is Ghost Stories the best english dub ever?

Attached: ghsot stories.png (540x405, 235K)

Yes.

>I will not have a gay retarded brother
Couldn't be made today that's for sure.

>mediocre parody dub

I mean, as a novelty, it does make it better then most dubs.

Touch me harder Yea Forums

Okay jackass

this is one of the only comedy anime I have ever enjoyed so yes

>show that nobody cared about so they put no effort at all into making the dub half decent
No, ghost stories is just a big meme at this point.

Dub is inherently bad.

Space Dandy is pretty good
Big O dub is pretty hard to fault
PSG dub is good in it's own way for change in script for shit
Handful of others all out there fairly good for what they are like Persona 4's dub

I had a genuine laugh at it, but my favorite dub goes to Baccano.
The voice actors immersed me far deeper than the subs could.

Attached: Ghost_Stories_Ep10_(9FA7DCC0).mkv_snapshot_01.33_[2018.06.04_18.38.41].jpg (632x952, 162K)

Cromartie high, even the authors said the dub did it better than the stuff they got in the subs.

Yes.
ADV films was the best dub company to ever exist. They gave a shit and had fun doing it.

Now we're stuck with Funimation having an absolute monopoly using the same 8 voice actors and type casting.

If its a tough guy its Patrick Seitz
If its a snarky guy, its Todd Haberkorn

Hard to even call it a dub when it's a completely different script.

Every time I hear this it's just the usual Japanese politeness. The same gets said about Cowboy Bebop.

>Every time I hear this it's just the usual Japanese politeness.
No you just think it is, people in the industry will usually call shit out.
>The same gets said about Cowboy Bebop.
Everyone's VA was on the mark there as well

It's a bad dub, but a good show.

I miss Brett Weaver

Attached: Nadesico - 02 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [3321C6B5].mkv_snapshot_10.24_[2017.03.28_06.06.27].jpg (960x720, 105K)

I remember hearing similar remarks regarding El Hazard. Specifically towards Jinnai and his laugh.

Attached: El_Hazard_The_Magnificent_World_1_Ep02_(30F9C411).mkv_snapshot_21.58_[2018.03.09_05.33.19].jpg (640x480, 48K)

I refuse to believe this without any kind of citation, especially because the author was the one who came up with the humming gag, said the song was Ningen Nante (by Yoshida Takurou, same guy who they got for the OP of the anime), the seiyuu did an amazing job with the scene, and finally the dub completely butchered it; they only hummed the first half of the melody and nobody was either in tune or in sync.

I watched the Spanish dub which wasn't a gag dub, I kinda liked the original show.

It took 30 seconds of conversation in El Hazard for me to come to the conclusion that the casting and dubbing was perfect. It was just such a perfect mesh.

>"NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE A RABBIT"
>"BUT BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK"
Definetly

The dub is not that great, but it does make the shit original far more entertaining

When I saw a couple of compilations of that shit on youtube I thought I was into some South Park nippon version.
But really, nah, it's still a very mediocre anime, even though the dubs does have it's moments

>claims Funi uses the same actors for everything and cites two people who moved to Cali YEARS ago and are barely in any Funi projects outside of role reprisals
>implying ADV didn't resuse the shit out of their actors with Hilary Haag voicing half the background girls in FMP S1
Why are so many people incapable of discussing dubs without dropping to 60 IQ?

Just the way she said the word "black" was perfect.

Bobobo

I liked it for a while but eventually it got grating. For instance it felt wrong when the girl was clearly deathly afraid of the piano and the comedy played it down. The original script was nothing special but it felt more genuine. Also the poor reception is a myth, it was actually pretty well received in Japan originally. I never finished it though.

/blog

Pokemon
Dragonball Z
Yu-Gi-Oh
Panty and Stocking
One Piece
Cowboy Bebop

All better than the sub

Maybe because the dumbasses who are still around watching dubs are all too fucking stupid to discuss it otherwise?

Okay but see here's the thing. Hilary Haag can goddamn sell it.