Remember when Stands could fucking kill you if you weren't mentally strong enough to use it? What ever happened to that...

Remember when Stands could fucking kill you if you weren't mentally strong enough to use it? What ever happened to that? How do people like Trish or that baby in Part 4 able to control their stands despite never being engaged in conflict most of their lives?

Attached: HolyStandManga.jpg (729x935, 410K)

>despite never being engaged in conflict most of their lives?
Since when has this ever been a prerequisite for being able to use a Stand without it harming you? Jotaro wasn't "engaged in conflict" most of his life, he was just a dick. Same goes for most Stand users, really.

Things that can control a stand better than Holly Kujo
>2 bablies
>2 rats
>a dog
>a bird
>a dead cat
>a radio tower
>a sword
>a dead guy
>a literal street
am i missing any?

There are some stands that are harmful to the user (Cheap Trick).
Probably Holly got one of those.

Jotaro beat the shit out of delinquents on the regular.

3 babies if you count Green Baby.
Oh and Plankton

Holly just had a stand that starts attacking your heart if it detects you're in mortal danger. With dio dead the stand deactivated.

>Holly just had a stand that starts attacking your heart if it detects you're in mortal danger.
Who would want that? Is that the worst stand ever?

The plankton was cute, so she doesn't count.

You act like people can choose their stands. Some people just get the shittiest luck

Attached: SurvivorP.png (750x381, 603K)

How did B.I.G. know that dying would activate his Stand?

It didn't.
He was capable of manifesting it on his own and who knows what a controlled version of it would have even done.
His hatred was so great it allowed the stand to live on in his stead and now it's a pending existential crisis unless pucci resetting the world made it go away.

To be fair, it's not the first instance of a stand outliving its user living independently. Anubis and the electrical tower stand come to mind.

Then there's Kira's dad's ghost, which was... well just weird. Bizarre even.

classic jojo shit writing

A tree and a gucci bag

Wasn't the tree the stand user, not the street?
Also you forgot Joshu

Its based on her soul, which looking at her life means holly likely has mental issues from being a spoiled new yorker.

The radio tower had a user

you forgot Polnareff

Pol when he was young

Cheap Trick's user wasn't stricken with an illness and could mostly function just fine

I still question how the later jojos got punch ghosts when the first three got vine stands

>caring about internal consistency in JoJo
Remember when Giorno deflected damage back to his enemies twice with his stand? Does it make Part 5 bad because he never uses it again?

Jotaro's mom was just pretending to be sick so she would no longer have to take care of that worthless piece of shit she had for a son.

The radio tower isn't a stand user. It's an easy mistake because it would actually make sense. We've seen inanimate objects with stands (notably a sword) so Araki could have decided the radio tower was the Stand User and a dangerous location in itself. But no. The person trapped in the tower, Toyohiro Kanedaichi, is legitimately the owner of the stand, even if the only thing it does is to bind itself to a real radio tower and trap people. Apparently that guy has the worst luck. There is no mention that he was pierced with the Arrow so he should be a natural stand user, but awakened later in life, at least after he purchased the tower.

Nobody ever attacks any of the life forms he makes past the few early instances when they do.
>but the scorp
Not in the manga.

I choose to believe that N.O.T.A.B.L.Y. L.A.R.G.E had a perfectly working Stand that operated on grudges. The more he was hurt by an attacker, the more his stand automatically tracked and attacked people, like a haunting spirit, and for some reason Big Guy was instinctively aware that a dying grudge was the ultimate power up and would send his Stand into infinite pursuit mode.

What about the trees during the White Album and Cioccolata fights?

Not him, but is it only possible to leave Superfly if you leave a person in your place? Or does anything living count?

Maybe someone who can read the original japanese can check whether the user said that it traps a ningen, a generic word for a person. It's probably the case. I doubt that it would accept an animal as tribute, it would be trivial to escape the tower by using bread crumbs to lure a bird. It must probably be a person, but does it needs to be living? Like a dead body? It is up to interpretation whether that Stand would agree that the corpse of a human being would count as a person.

Damage deflection > Requiem

Being a dick was a requisite for having a stand. I mean, Joseph called it "having a fighting mindset" or something like that, but it was basically being an asshole.

>Trish was never engaged in conflict her whole life
Slow down.

Something something fighting spirit.
Trish and the baby want to defend themselves at least. There's not a violent bone in Holly's body.

>pretending to be sick so she would no longer have to take care of that worthless piece of shit she had for a son
Speaking from experience user?

Attached: 15633091988.png (200x200, 53K)

Jotora got into lots of fights pre- stand. He beat up teachers and students. He admits and he took things to far , putting people in the hospital when he already did enough damage to win

Why exactly did killing DIO get rid of Holly's stand, but also let the other Joestar decedents keep theirs?

Its already explained. Her stand just had a stupid power.

I always wondered if there were a couple of stands that survived Pucci's reset.
I always feel like Requiem and B.I.G. made it out somehow.

It just became dormant. The other guys are strong enough to call their stands out at will.

That's why Josuke was dying from it at first but could use it when he got older and tougher.

>We've seen inanimate objects with stands (notably a sword)
Anubis belonged to a human. It was just bound to his sword and remained after he died.

Maybe Holly's stand was insanely powerful and someone as dainty as her couldn't handle it. There's a precedent for stupidly overpowered stands being put in the hands of people who can't utilize them properly, sort of a cosmic balancing act.

>stupidly overpowered stands being put in the hands of people who can't utilize them properly, sort of a cosmic balancing act
This is true.

Attached: 17645321888.png (316x406, 202K)

I don't understand why everybody is confused by this, it's literally explained in that exact scene.

TO BE FAIR, nobody really tried to attack the animals he made later on, so they didn't have damage deflecting to them. Same for the life energy fucking up their senses, later in the manga by the time Girono finally punched someone they were dead immediately, so that wasn't relevant either.
Honestly Gold experience is nowhere near as inconsistent as Hierophant Green

Mista tore up the grass he made during the White Album fight. It was a key moment.

>Honestly Gold experience is nowhere near as inconsistent as Hierophant Green
Oh boy...

Maybe Giorno is like an artist with a fancy art program on his computer and just forgets the majority of amazing tools he has at his disposal most of the time

The problem isn't that he had a power that he forgot to use. Plenty of characters are like that and it's not a big deal. The problem is that his powers stop working the way that they are explicitly stated to work.

if you're autistic then the answer is yes

>baby in Part 4
And the one in Part 3.
Because there was a baby with a stand in that too.

>just fine
hmm yeah ok

He didn't have the fever

When Trish summons her stand for the first time, it's the completion of her arc from spoiled bratty kid to someone who understands the gravity of her situation and is strong enough to fight her way out of it. She's definitely mentally strong enough for Spice Girl by that point.

As for everything else, yeah, Araki just gave up on that detail. Does it really matter that much? Writing an 8 part series for almost 30 years, you're bound to forget a few details, or skip them when it leads to a more interesting story.

>"A mirror world stand doesn't exist Polnareff, this isn't a fairy tale. An image in a mirror is nothing more than a reflection of light."

Attached: man in the mirror.jpg (869x1310, 220K)

>He didn't have the fever
He also couldn't show his back to people otherwise the stand would attach itself to them and kill him in the process.

That was Cheap Trick's power

Well at least there’s Star Platinum telling Jolyne to fuck off in part 6

Attached: x7.png (780x1200, 1.25M)

>What ever happened to that?
Its literally brought up again in Part 4. Koichi wasn't strong enough to have a stand therefore the arrow tried to kill him. The only reason he survived is because Josuke healed him. Since Josuke bypassed the arrows killing mechanism, the arrow was like "well fuck, OK then, you can have a fucking egg then". It happens again in part 5 when the arrow kills the janitor, and a similar thing is implied to happen if the arrow rejects you for a requiem stand.

Araki forgot.

Yea you fucking reject do you nit fucking understand what he's saying? He's saying that what if Holly's stand-power is just to make her sick? Moron.

>He's saying that what if Holly's stand-power is just to make her sick?
But that's not true? Josuke got the same sickness that Holly did and we know what his stand's power is. Excuse me for actually knowing what I'm talking about, I guess.

In Part 3 Mannish Boy had Death 13, so baby stand users aren't a new thing. And in the same part that has the invisible baby you have Koichi only surviving from being pierced by the arrow thanks to Crazy Diamond, he would have died otherwise, same as Holly. And then there's the fucking Janken kid, Shigechi, the types of people (and animals (and inanimate objects)) that can have stands are all over the place.
Stands being introduced with powers that just get dropped are a lot better than The Hand disregarding a rule it has literally right after taking advantage of said rule, i.e., Okuyasu vs. Red Hot Chili Pepper.

Attached: no dignity.png (464x465, 530K)

There are no inanimate objects with stands

Shakedown Street, though to be fair that's only because Johnny's stand energy bled into it.

>There are no inanimate objects with stands
Anubis is a sword

Those stands are from the tree

Sure it was born from a human but he stuck around, kind of like Notorious B.I.G, except since Anubis is bound to the sword you could say the sword has a stand. I was also sort of lumping in all the plant stand users, plus F.F.

Attached: Anubis2.png (359x339, 291K)

Hol Horse and The Emperor + Anubis = Devil May Cry

>What is Josuke and Giorno
Holly and those two were sick because it manifested abruptly

It came from a human
Even if the user is dead, you wouldn't be able to say that the sword is the user. Plants and plankton are also alive, not inanimate.

Attached: x9.jpg (780x1200, 783K)

Fucking sweaty girl anime

I didn't say he was right, I'm just saying you're retarded.

Pol was born with his Stand as well

obvious projection

>Koichi wasn't strong enough to have a stand therefore the arrow tried to kill him.
>janitor
Those were cases of people not being strong enough for the arrow, not nessecarily being too weak to control their stand.
As far as I understand, if you're wounded by a stand arrow, and you survive, then you get a stand, and the wound stops being an issue. If you don't get a stand, you die, because it's a fucking arrow made from some meteor that had a space virus, or whatever.
But if you WOULD HAVE DIED from the arrow, but were kept alive long enough, like Koichi, then you get a stand.
Also, you're ignoring the fact that the actual fever thing ACTUALLY HAPPENED in Josuke's hairs backstory. Sure that was probably the last time anything with that concept happened, but it still happened, after Part 3.

Considering the nature of Josuke and Holly, I always got the impression that DIO was somehow actively forcing Joestars to develop their stands, even if they couldn't handle it.
Josuke later awoke his naturally, even though he couldn't handle it during the SD adventure.

DIO gaining a Stand forced the other Joestars to develop Stands of their own. I figure it's the exact same thing as if they had all been hit with the arrow, just manifesting a bit differently.

Steel balls

Attached: 15546960467.jpg (240x240, 20K)

I'm surprised Araki didn't halfass that to SHE HAD THE 「RESOLVE」OF A MOTHER'S LOVE FOR HER CHILD SO SHE WAS ABLE TO MASTER HER STAND or anything like that

My god do any of you fucking retards actually believe Holly lost her stand after DIO died? Josuke fucking kept his stand, they were only dying because of DIO.

Attached: fugo.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

>Cheap Trick keeps whispering to his user
>Tells him that if any person sees his back, he will die
>Probably had to live for weeks with this nightmare
>Cheap Trick rips your fucking back off from your body if soneone sees it
>Also Cheap Trick can talk to animals and convince them to do a lot of things

How would Survivor Requiem work

Mate, the only thing that is complete bullshit is the invisible baby.

Are you telling me Holly is mentally weaker than a 1 year old?

Maybe it was just an exceptional baby

Gyro's Steel Balls.

Nope.

Why do people bring up this quote all the time? It's not like kakyoin is an expert on stands, and what is he saying was accurate. Was it dumb of him to assume the stand couldn't do that? Yeah but its not out of place.

>fighting mindset
I think you mean Battle Tendency

>Are you telling me Holly is mentally weaker than a 1 year old?
Yes.

>Holly is mentally weaker than a 1 year old

Attached: 15562316502.gif (320x240, 246K)

?

Attached: 1549211133476.png (887x1400, 179K)

What the fuck was that thing is Morioh Alleyway with all the hands? Was that a stand? Why were only the ghosts of the girl and dog trapped there?

user no one fucking knows and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

>Giorno would kill himself instead of Melone if his stand was consistent

Ghost alley is the crossroad between our world and the afterlife, ghost girl can't pass on until Kira was dead. no it is not a stand.

Attached: 15564946807.jpg (1024x928, 117K)

Jesus christ it was explained pretty much every time she was on screen. And not everything weird in jojo is a stand.