Why did trunks say they were less evil than his version of the Android's?

They were made killing people all the same and only stopped when they got btfo'd by stronger fighters, if they were given reign of they'd still have done the same things.

Attached: androids_17_and_18_debut_new.png (324x619, 327K)

these android mostly spent their time on a road trip than trunk's androids that destroyed entire cities

I used to wonder this too. my headcanon theory is that present timeline Androids kicked Dr Gero's programming completely. he designed them to be killing machines and the future counterparts were just that but were non-obedient killing machines.
I'e heard someone argue once that it is because they hung around the nature-loving 16 but I don't buy that because the present Android's didn't really show mass murdering behavior from the beginning. once a mass murdering psychopath, always a mass murdering psychopath (with the exception of Vegeta)
The real reason is just timeline distortion or something stupid like that.

Didn't they spend most of their time just dicking around in the van rather than killing people? The only time there were a number of human causalities was when Vegeta was chasing 18, and even then about half of those were caused by Vegeta himself.

its cause toriyama is not a good writer.

The reason they were different was because cell came back to the past.
Also, they had the robot version of their father acting as a good influence.
If left to their own devices they might have just become super powerful random anti-heroes who would occasionally fuck stuff up but never like go as far as the androids in the future.

The androids of the future were completed but still killed gero. As a matter of fact, we have no idea what popped off when they were first released.
We know that they are objectively weaker then goku timeline androids.,

They mostly dicked around, rather than having committed mass murder. They rebelled against Gero, which meant they didn't care as much about following his orders, possibly since they were deployed earlier than expected. Basically, they managed to avoid almost all of the things that made them shits in Trunksverse.

Bad writing

They never killed anyone?

It's been a while but I think I remember 17 totally killing a guy in a clothes store for shits and giggles right before they meet Cell and Piccolo

No, he just blows up his store, they were dicks no denying that but most deaths they were im were vegeta fault.

Gero was in the middle of reprogramming them. Since he was faced with Goku, vegeta, and trunks, he ran and activated them early, before the reprogramming was finished.
In trunks' time, he didn't face the z fighters on the island, so the reprogramming finished

I think that was 18 when she got her cowgirl outfit. They just stole them though and left. The 17 that blew up the clothing store was future 17 in history of trunks.

In the manga, he doesn't even do that
The only civilian deaths in the entire arc are done by gero, 19, cell, and presumably the truck driver vegeta blasted

>even then about half of those were caused by Vegeta himself.
That's usually the case.

>present timeline Androids kicked Dr Gero's programming completely.
Probably. The ones in the present timeline were much stronger than the ones in Trunks's timeline. Maybe stronger willpower too?

They were less shitty

Main timeline 17 & 18 never actually killed anyone except for Dr. Gero (and that was technically self-defense)

Trunks appearing to fight Frieza & King Cold had a butterfly effect, Gero managed to shut down the Androids before they killed him & reprogrammed/reworked them again

In the original timeline Goku arrived a bit later, it's likely Frieza caused some shit that effected Gero's work, while in the second timeline, Trunks iced them pretty quick

Well, they just wanted to fight to starve off boredom/freedom to do anything since nobody could stop them that lead to them just blowing shit up after they successfully killed everyone except Trunks.

Cell, 16, and Trunks with Goku surviving his heart disease really put a stop to them being able to steamroll everything and chilled out once they went through Cell's ass and now there are a few fighters that could kill them easily hanging around.

>less