Joshiraku

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-17/maiden-japan-licenses-joshiraku-comedy-anime/.149077

What's the point in licensing a show that is too Japanese for a western audience?

Attached: Joshiraku - 05 (BD Hi10-720p AAC).mkv_snapshot_01.56_[2015.05.11_12.36.40].png (1280x720, 1.1M)

Replace the jokes with American ones and go full ghost storiea

gg's subs were great; it can obviously be translated

As a collectorfag who loves getting blu-rays of shows he likes, I'm rock hard over this news. All the "You must be this Japanese" aside, it's still one of the funniest shows I've seen.

Attached: e152466f5876d06819199569c3f225b7.gif (500x281, 983K)

MY ASS, yoooooooo and hi10p is all I remember.

Attached: JoshirakuWEG.jpg (1100x491, 139K)

comedy shows usually rewrite jokes. It will be fine.

A lot of people like it. Who says it is "too Japanese?"

>going on ANN
This right here is the bigger issue.

HAISAI OJISAN

I don't see what's the point, I mean, is a show about "telling jokes", what is going to be the point if they are going to change every joke for western ones, with that on mind, why not just make an entire original new series?

How much do you really need to change, if anything?

Attached: kuku nice and healthy.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

>considers self "collectorfag"
>buys licensed shit

It's cheap

>A chance to see my wife in english
God has smiled upon us

Attached: mariii.png (298x534, 133K)

I never said I was colecting anything of value. I just like having physical copies of shows I like, in English.

Its probably my top favorite show, I regularly rewatch it at least once a month

Attached: marii looking for a decent post.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

I mean, I'm re-watching the first episode right now and they're talking about which is better, cats or dogs, and Gan says she "likes the sounds cats make better" while strumming a shamisen. That's not the kind of shit casuals will get.

Do casuals need to get it? Also, tl notes are an option.

But, I thought you're required to read their tl:notes which is an entire blog article for each episode. gg did a good job, but that's not something that can be served to casuals.

>But, I thought you're required to read their tl:notes
I never bothered.

They probably got it for free, or thrown in a bundle with other show.

Of course you're not: that would mean they failed at translating it. But there's additional context you might be interested in reading.

They also licensed SZS.
Did Kumetas age finally come?

Reminder that Kigurumi is a wife

Attached: kigu.png (728x1024, 218K)

>What's the point in licensing a show that is too Japanese for a western audience?
Cute girls just do the trick, faggots gonna buy it.

What was the actual explanation?

So I can have an affordable blu-ray on shelf

That was it, it was just an omake.

Be nice, OP. They're working so hard to localize it, even though there's so little jokes that can be localized.

Monogatari needs the Ghost Stories treatment.

>TL: Shamisen are made out of cats. Fuck cats.

>SZS also got confirmed recently for a Western release a while back
There's probably something in the bigger picture that's happening but I can't be fucked trying to figure out what it is.

Attached: 1549698170893.jpg (326x171, 22K)

I'm surprised anybody here in the west would dare release anything SZS-related after Kodansha USA stopped translating the manga.

It was also hinted in the show that she's
>older than she said
>divorced

so just pull a shin-chan and rewrite everything to poke fun at jessica simpsons fat ass?

I mean speaks for itself really. Doesn't really matter what they say in any language.

Attached: Full_of_ordinary_dialogue...jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Sometimes I remember that ShindoL made a Marii doujin and it was the most vanilla thing he had done up until that point.

Same I love it so much

Attached: marii in a shindol manga that isnt soul crushing.jpg (697x1788, 625K)

Attached: are you finished with those subs.gif (267x199, 46K)

Violent Megane!?
Will I ever win?

Attached: 5080.jpg (500x418, 25K)

>too Japanese for a western audience
This post and the KyoAni fire is showing me just how normalfag this board has gotten.

Jyoshiraku is too Japanese for you though, that's why you spent half the episode reading TL notes instead of chuckling.

Attached: 1492559920773 (1).jpg (700x525, 231K)

>has gotten
Yea Forums has been saying that Joshiraku is simply too Japanese for anyone who's not an eleven since the show came out. Which in fact is.