Jojo

Is this anime any good? I always get called a weeb whenever I mention my favorite bands in other boards and apparently it’s because of this, is the show related to music at all, or is it just the character’s names

Attached: A06CCF6C-DD8E-44F9-8DD9-85E109E945E3.jpg (960x1440, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vh_ZK_Rb25s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the manga is pretty good, not much substance to it though

This show has a TON of music references for the characters, abilities or even chapters names. You should watch it. You may find the first arc boring but sticks with it cuz it truly gets good afterwards. Don't skip parts or episodes, only villains do that.

It references music in names but it also has some influence on characters and such. You can watch the anime but part 3's pacing is a bit wonky sometimes so I recommend reading the manga overall, in B&W of course avoid the color scans.

Attached: Sponge.png (822x879, 981K)

>I recommend reading the manga overall, in B&W of course avoid the color scans.
Eat shit asshole fall off your horse

Attached: sbr_color_v20_061.jpg (1520x1200, 983K)

>whenever I mention my favorite bands
Which ones?

Oh look a color fag.

Attached: Diego_shrug.png (436x286, 91K)

It's entertaining. Don't try to get anything more than that and just enjoy the ride. Lots of people suck the fun out of the show by scrutinizing it.

Part 1 (first 9 episodes of S1) are the slowest to get through. Watch the first season then go to the manga (in color).
Once you finish Part 4, watch part 5. Read the rest.

Attached: 1533450456117.png (780x381, 543K)

Dio and King Crimson

Based

The author is a westaboo in that he fucking loves western music, so he references it constantly.
Some of these references are a bit obscure, like why Sticky Fingers relates to zippers, but generally relate somehow.

Yes, I'd call you a jojofag too hearing that you're fans of two major antagonists.

wtf bro!

>caring about spoilers

imagine being not only a dadrocker and a phoneposter but also also a jojofag
absolutely disgusting

Thanks to all that recommended jojo, Ill check out the manga if I like the first part

Already knew the first part and didn’t read the rest. Guess this is my cue to leave

Must be very triggering for a teen such as yourself.

>trying to spoil but misinterpreting Part 6

Nice try, fag

Jojo is your typical shonenshit anime that only shonenshitters enjoy. If you like flashing colors screaming and asspulls, you'll like Jojo. If you like
>character development
>plot
>interesting themes
>character interaction
>meaning
>emotional depth
>consistency
>dialogue
>investment
>relate-able characters
>engaging story
you won't find any of that shit in there. If you turn your brain off, maybe smoke a few joints and down some jack it can be an enjoyable meme show for turning your brain off. It's nothing more than that.

You're not supposed to fall for the obvious honeypot, tranny-kun.

have sex

LITERALLY the best anime this decade

If you don't enjoy it why are you here fag?

Attached: hand.jpg (329x369, 83K)

Someone wanted to know if the anime was good, and I gave them an honest answer, no. Sorry I interrupted your circlejerk, but you memespouting morons should hear the truth.

Its called bait, these guys either didn't watch or watched and only nitpick and complain about shit because tards actually give a shit about contrarian fags bullshitting

Continue orbiting 15 year olds on discord

> I always get called a weeb
sure is summer

That bait you just spouted was truth? You're free to criticize, like or dislike anything but don't give me that greentext buzzword bullshit and actually put some thought into it.

I hate this show because I get called a weeb when I put Oingo Boingo on

Everbody knows it's bait even an autist like me but it just doesn't feel right no to reply to something so stupid.
That's just normal.

I’m not a summer fag, I’ve been watching anime for 20 years. I was just wondering why my music taste was being connected to jojo and if the show is any good.

the characters names, some of their psychic powers, and some of there spcific attacks.
like you have a guy named Yoshiage Kira who'se psychic power is named Killer Queen, which has two super attacks named Sheer Heart Attack and Bites the Dust.
Its great if you like stories about weirdos written by a big weirdo. If you're someone who more prefers Frank Miller over Grant Morrisson, so to speak, then I'd suggest giving it a pass

Can we all agree both color and non-color have their strengths?

The simplest thing you can do is just to put up an episode or read a few chapters and judge for yourself.

I have watched the show and read parts 5 & 6. Decided I couldn't stomach it any longer and haven't even attempted to start 7. Part 1 was simply generic and boring. Jonathan was a boring protagonist without any motivation and dio was one dimensional. Events just start happening without any real buildup ans stuff just comes out of no where. No characters are developed at all. Part 2 just had horrible pacing and story. Similar to part 1 it no one had clear motivations and random events force the plot forward. There aren't really any themes are meaningful character interactions except between wamuu and joseph towards the very end. Very little characterization is given towards anyone but Joseph. Joseph is an admittedly good character but it's nothing but ass pulls so it's a wash. Part 3 is just formulaic villain of the week. At least the characters have some motivation but they have no depth and again there is no theme or meaning as to whats happening. Just jotaro punch the bad guy wooooh. Part 4 is a step down from part 3 in the sense that it's the same villain of the week but now all the motivation the character had is stripped away.

I don't feel any emotion for any of the characters when they die. The characters don't engross me, there's no logic to what's happening, and there is never a feeling of "I care". You never really get to understand the complexities of any of the characters or their emotions. It's just garbage fights all the time.

It was just a quick rundown. I don't have enough characters to lay out all the flaws of every moment in a almost 40 year long running series. I go into more depth here

They're famous because of the extremely unique ED.
youtu.be/vh_ZK_Rb25s

I want to but I swore to myself not to put up with the colored JoJo scans, but I'll give you that the early parts don't look so bad.

this.
Araki's B&W art will always be great but sometimes fights can get really messy with all the crazy stuff he tries to draw, like in parts 5 or 6, which is where the colored version helps

T. Hunterch...fag

go back

>jerking off a show this hard
Dude it’s all mindless entertainment. You could have all that in real life but still choose to watch anime 8 hours a day.

Early part 7 is the one that looks bad, though. mid-to-late SBR is God-tier.

one of the most enjoyable shows i ever watch(ed)

shonenCHADS are the most worthwhile group on Yea Forums

You're free to think that but I just don't like the JoJo manga in color but that's just me.

>shonenshitters unironically think this

If you at least admit it's mindless schlok that's one thing. Everyone has guilty pleasures. But unironically thinking any shonen is good is just brain damage.

So you're just not intelligent enough to process the show.

part one and two was great, two especially, three was a slog but somewhat enjoyable, avoid 4