Post & rate.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1580x1581, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelibraryofohara.com/the-one-piece-timeline/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2/4
+ Omoide Poroporo, Akage no Anne
- Kare Kano, Maison Ikkoku
I might have dropped some others, but uncertain what they are.

Attached: 9E5407B0-B2DE-4223-873E-76806528AB0B.jpg (3264x3264, 1013K)

2/3
Genji Monogatari, Berusaiyu no Bara / Akage no Anne
2/3
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku, GitS, / Bakemonogatari

Attached: 3x3Manga.jpg (900x900, 901K)

Hana not Bake

>The same shows again and again and again
These threads are such a joke; they pretty much suggest that anime has no value outside the same 30 shows.
Just waiting for the one featuring Evangelion to be posted.

peopole usually just mean 'momogatari sereis' since they're all pretty much the same quality

6/8
3/9
2/4

Attached: mosaiccb6b5fcf4241ccf2b0b187c7f1fe61aa1df185d3.jpg (920x920, 272K)

3/3
What are top left and bottom right?
3/3
I don't read manga, but junji ito used to be my jam

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3264x2247, 2.5M)

what's bottom middle from?

Oh well, I don't know any difference really

wtf are you talking about NIGGER. Why don’t you post your own tastes and provide arguments why your show are worth checking out instead of being a whiny little bitch. COPE

The quality declines a lot right after Bake and then nosedives during Season 2

6/6

-1 School Days
-1 Here amd Then
7/9

7/7

Attached: 3x3.jpg (2800x3000, 3.84M)

Shinsekai Yori

Whoops, I misread that. Urusei Yatsura Movie 4: Lum the Forever

thanks fren

Color me impressed that you have both seen Lum the Forever. I took note of your good tastes in the last thread. My goal is to watch nearly every TV show and movie. Any obscure recommendations from experts such as yourselves?

>being impressed by his taste
C'mon now, he does have some lesser known stuff on there, but most of the stuff is extremely popular. Not that I'm criticizing him (as working on all those backlogs takes a great amount of time), I'm just stating the facts.

4/4
Top-tier taste.
Kare Kano would probably be one of my favs if it wasn't for that second half.
1/3
-Now and Then, -GiTS
4/4
3/3

Attached: image.jpg (920x920, 272K)

4/5
5/7
2/5
5/5
Sup, MariMite bro?
6/7
Specific to the Anime part
6/7
Also, sup SnW bro?
4/4

Attached: 3x3.jpg (920x920, 278K)

Kare Kano/4
I really tried to like lots of Classic shows. They never grabbed me.
3/6
Should I watch YuYuYu, I like HanaKana a lot.
What's bottom right?
0/3
I really don't get why people worship part 7.
2/3
What's mid and bottom right?
Interesting you have bitter virgin.
2/4 for the anime
2/4
Didn't like Versailles.
Sora no woto/4
I tried getting into you're under arrest but I never got past episode 1 for some odd reason. I loved Patlabor (TV) and a lot of people here said it was patlabor with cars.
Yawara! was a major disappointment for me, Yawara was the only interesting character and there was a whole lot of nothing else going on in the cast.

Attached: 1563008647090.jpg (3840x2160, 3.97M)

3/3
3/6
0/1
1/1
4/4 anime
1/2
2/2
3/4

Attached: 3x3.jpg (904x904, 197K)

>I really don't get why people worship part 7.
Because it's so fucking fun my dude. Johnny and Gyro is the best bromance ever. Cool fights, many memorable characters like Mountain Tim, Blackmore, Ringo, Diego and of course course Funny Valentine
Also "A Man's World" 11/10 KINO arc.

Attached: 1550230707982.png (562x672, 913K)

3/3

5/6

3/4

1/3

6/7

Anime: 7/10
Manga: 2/4

4/5

4/4

0/2

0/1

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

... and manga.

Attached: manga3x3.png (999x999, 981K)

I know my chart is pretty basic, I tend to stick to stuff similar to the ones I've watched early on my life, at least for the favorites
2/3
2/6
6/7
2/3
4/7
5/5 manga
4/6 anime
>vn
Eww
2/4
4/5
What's bottom middle?
1/3
2/3
3/6
5/7

Attached: Final_Chart.png (1500x1000, 2.38M)

Posting Topsters instead because the thread was dead earlier and I'm bored of 3x3s.

8/9 -Touch
Excellent taste 8/9 -HnK

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2213x1400, 428K)

>Maison Ikkoku
I don't have that on there.

>top left
Natsu e no Tobira
>bottom right
Touch

Anime: 3/4
Manga: 4/5

Too many: ~85%
Good selection, but very clichée at the same time.

2/2
1/1
1/1
1/1

Attached: 3x3anime.jpg (3999x2630, 2.15M)

Is it Touch? If so, I really enjoyed the first episode and have it on hold.

yes.

YuYuYu is great fun with a lot of chill SoL. Got plenty of cool ideas and hits the feels when you don’t expect it. Washio Sumi is short but godlike. Possibly better than Madoka imo

I meant to ask how was S2. I liked S1 a lot.

Attached: 1550325599888.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

meh

I think Washio Sumi is outstanding, but S2 is pretty good as well. Great visuals, but a little rushed. A few amazing moments that definitely make it worth checking out.

And thanks for the image btw

Bottom right is Madoka

Ah, you know what ... you get a pity-point today because Kyoani is on fire:
1/5

Bump?

The board's pretty speedy right now. Let's preserve the few threads that are not about the fire.

Attached: 4 manga.png (900x1200, 2.93M)

3/3
2/2
3/3
19/20 - In this corner of the world, because I couldn't tell which character was which

Attached: anime 3x3.jpg (999x602, 170K)

1001 Nights is good stuff

Yeah, fuck KyoAni honestly.

I don’t even like KyoAni and their style, but it’s a real shame this happened. Still, I’m honestly surprised an incident like that didn’t happen sooner.

How does the Nausicaa manga compare to the anime?

bottom right?

They're both excellent in their own way, but the manga tells a much larger story.

Bumping non-KusoAni fire thread.

Attached: colored.jpg (900x900, 421K)

1/2
You forgot your "Read more manga" catchphrase!!

5/8

2/2
Always nice to see more manga grids.
We do share Cutie Honey and YKK, but I don't know (or at least recognize) any of your other picks.
(Also, please rate others.)

>Also, please rate others
I already posted a grid in this thread and rated a couple. I was just bumping. But:
5/9
5/9

Is that better?

Well, I didn't want to imply that you should rate my grids specifically, even though I do appreciate it.
I didn't make the connection that you had already posted another 3x3. Which one is it?

It's actually the Topsters movie chart.

>ratatuille

Oh, okay. I've already commented on that one, but I can never be assed to count all items when it's over 20 of them. I could detail it for the first 10 pics, assuming they are your top ten: 4/5

The movie is shit. The manga is the Lord of the Rings of manga.
Louis Vuitton Travel Book Venice
>You forgot your "Read more manga" catchphrase!!
You remember it so I don't have to.

>Louis Vuitton Travel Book Venice

Attached: 1551066359633.gif (320x180, 3.28M)

>assuming they are your top ten: 4/5
They are. I had a good long think on it this time.
You should watch the other five. They're all really beautiful films.

>The movie is shit.
You have no appreciation for filmmaking.
It's as bad as you're thinking. The definition of pretentious.

>You should watch the other five. They're all really beautiful films.
Maybe they are. I do have "1001 nights" in my backlog, and belive I will enjoy it, but I didn't get around to watching it so far.

>You remember it so I don't have to.
I do, but others might not. What if they don't read more manga?

Just watch it. It's Osamu Tezuka turning one of the greatest works of human literature into a showcase for avant-garde animation, while still maintaining his distinct flavor of character pathos and adventure.

>The manga is the Lord of the Rings of manga
That's One Piece. Nausicaa is not structured like LotR nor does it convey a real sense of adventure, due to Miyazaki's claustrophobic paneling.

If you want to read Miyazaki without the tight paneling, read Shuna no Tabi. Very short and completely illustrated in watercolor.

Attached: Shuna%20no%20Tabi%20c01p021.jpg (825x1200, 349K)

>Lord of the Rings of manga
>One Piece.
Oh, come on. Lord of the Rings is not THAT badly structured, devoid of characters and repetitive as fuck.

As someone who's actually read LotR, the best manga analogy for it is indeed One Piece. They have a near identical overarching narrative skeleton where the fellowship (strawhats) travels from kingdom to kingdom (islands), explores local issues and politics, experiences some personal drama, has some adventure and moves on. The Nausicaa comparison is nonsense.

Too busy with kyoanus threads to rate right now

Attached: 3x3 anime.png (1980x1980, 3.62M)

But Lord of the Rings does have some proper overarching plot and a semblance of plot advancement, plus it properly works in some variety in themes. I'm not a big fan of either, nor of the structural things they share (especially their longwindedness), but One Piece simply is a mess.

>As someone who's actually read LotR
Not him, but I've read LotR and WanPiss, and they're not as similar as you're trying to make them, Not that it's that similar to Nausicaa either. LotR is Tolekin LARPing as Edmund Spencer with heavy WWI commentary, and comparing it to something like One Piece misses the point and context of both works.

>Too busy with kyoanus threads
Why? What are you doing over there that's so important and taxing?

Lord of the Rings is a legendary story. Nausicaa has some of those legendary qualities. One Piece is closer to Famous Five than Lord of the Rings.

Apt comparison.

Point taken. Read manga.
You should watch 1001 Nights. It has almost nothing in common with the story, but it has some of the best animation you'll see and it's aged incredibly well. Horus, Prince of the Sun is dated and ugly compared to 1001 Nights.

Attached: louis-vuitton-travel-book-venice-reisegepäck--R07889_PM1_Other view5.jpg (2000x2000, 374K)

Checking sources and gathering list of names. I'm just autistic like that.

Have you ever been to Venice? It stinks, like dead fish.

No, I went to Rome and Florence instead. Rome is awful and Florence is patrician.

Attached: louis-vuitton-travel-book-venice-travel--R07889_PM1_Other view6.jpg (2000x2000, 352K)

Haha holy shit you can't even be bothered to read a wiki page before you shitpost about One Piece. The series' meta plot advances almost every chapter and every single island visited serves a purpose. You would know this if you stopped trying to suck your own dick like a pseud for 5 minutes and paid attention.
>thelibraryofohara.com/the-one-piece-timeline/

Btw, I'm not trying to convince you that One Piece is good, since I don't care about some random user's value judgement. It's just the type of story it is the same as LotR, certainly more so than Nausicaa.

WWI commentary present in both works.
>comparing it to something like One Piece misses the point and context of both works
Elaborate

We aren't measuring influence but the content of the story.

If you're talking about story progression, a simple kids story turned into a world-spanning epic with wars and conflict based on historical documents. Then they kinda are incredibly alike.

Attached: justice.jpg (1456x1064, 317K)

>We aren't measuring influence but the content of the story.
I made the comparison in the first place specifically because they're legendary stories. They are like myths and legends that we've all heard. One Piece is about pirates doing pirate magic and never accomplishing anything.
>If you're talking about story progression, a simple kids story turned into a world-spanning epic with wars and conflict based on historical documents. Then they kinda are incredibly alike.
No, they're absolutely nothing alike, other than very superficial similarities.

Yeah, you love One Piece, I get it. But please stop pretending it's some kind of masterpiece when it clearly just panders to the lowest common denominator of the typical battle-shounen readership.

>The series' meta plot advances almost every chapter
It really doesn't.

>every single island visited serves a purpose.
Yes: The purpose of stretching out the narrative to prolong the series even more.

i hope kyoani comes back stronger than ever

Attached: anime.jpg (3264x3264, 995K)

>I made the comparison in the first place
And you can't substantiate it. "Legendary stories", explain what this means. It's some nonspecific assertion that alludes to nothing about the works in question. Nausicaa and LotR are nothing alike in story structure, content, themes, or plot. The same is not true of One Piece compared to LotR, where we can clearly see the same overarching adventure structure and storytelling.
>One Piece is about pirates doing pirate magic and never accomplishing anything
First, magic exists in LotR, so that supports my point.
Second, One Piece has an incredibly well crafted story structure, where from the very start the author intended to tell two stories: the first half about pure, more light-hearted adventure as the protagonists venture into a massive world, and begin to learn of the great conflicts and superpowers of the universe, ending with a great tragedy that puts the level of the world in perspective (Ace/WB death). And then a second half being a great war where the protagonists finally take on that world and try to push themselves to the top. All literally divided in halves by the geography of the world from the start. Even within those halves, Oda effectively builds each story from the ground up, such as how multiple arcs tell individual stories that build into a larger saga, that builds into a super saga (ex: PH arc to Dressrossa saga to overarching Four Yonko super saga)

>still crying your subjective opinion about quality when the topic is about which manga has more similarity to LotR
I accept your concession, retard. Next time don't waste your time arguing a subject you know nothing about.
>It really doesn't
thelibraryofohara.com/the-one-piece-timeline/

Attached: 1520015120846.jpg (259x194, 10K)

3/6

2/4
>i hope kyoani comes back stronger than ever
I'm not a big fan of theirs, but I do wish them a swift recovery.
(By the way, you should consider remaking this grid manually. The webapp you used completely ruined some of your pics by cheap upscaling.)

3.5/5
+Touch, Anne
~0079, Kare Kano, O niisama e
5.5/9
+School days, GiTS, Madoka
~Bakemonogatari, Yuuki Yuuna, Now here and there, Lum, Shinsekai Yori
-Tatami
7/8
+BSP, BoTS, Sora no oto, Mamite, PB, DP
~GB, Yamato
4.5/7
+AD, Kiki, Lain, P&S
~Nichijou
-HxH, TTGL

Attached: 3x3.png (1836x1042, 3.88M)

>still crying your subjective opinion about quality when the topic is about which manga has more similarity to LotR
Quality is a huge factor in comparing pieces of narrative art. Not that I'd expect a OPfag to understand that.

>[...]the-one-piece-timeline/
You do realize that you can make such a massive chart for every single story ever, and that it's ultimately meaningless, don't you?

Anyway, let's not let this thread devolve into another shitty thread about battle-shounen crap just because you felt the need to bring your favourite instance of it into a completely unrelated discussion.

>Quality is a huge factor
I was trying to keep the discussion away from shitflinging about "muh series is better than yours", but sure, I'll bite. One Piece is a modern masterpiece. At the level of world building and themes One Piece talks about political power vs corruption, freedom vs order, one world government vs nation-states, racial issues, immigration. And it does so in a very competent and morally grey way. Refer ot pic related for one example. Regarding structure, refer to part of my previous post
>One Piece has an incredibly well crafted story structure, where from the very start the author intended to tell two stories: the first half about pure, more light-hearted adventure as the protagonists venture into a massive world, and begin to learn of the great conflicts and superpowers of the universe, ending with a great tragedy that puts the level of the world in perspective (Ace/WB death). And then a second half being a great war where the protagonists finally take on that world and try to push themselves to the top. All literally divided in halves by the geography of the world from the start. Even within those halves, Oda effectively builds each story from the ground up, such as how multiple arcs tell individual stories that build into a larger saga, that builds into a super saga (ex: PH arc to Dressrossa saga to overarching Four Yonko super saga)

I look forward to you fumbling over your words like a sperg in an attempt to debunk the truth I just presented.

>You do realize that you can make such a massive chart
It's a direct rebuttal of your dumb ass attempt at implying there is no plot progression or that every island visited doesn't serve a purpose. Now will you directly address the proof that you're wrong, or keep shitposting like a braindead chimp?

>Anyway, let's not let this thread devolve
"I'm losing the argument so I want to run away instead of conceding that I'm wrong and was arguing based on prejudices of a manga I haven't read."

Attached: justice.jpg (1456x1064, 317K)

4/4
im so glad someone else likes akage no anne

I'm not even reading this shit. OP fags are incapable of understanding very clear statements. Learn what legendary means, then kindly fuck off to your containment threads.

Fuck off to your shounen-war threads, moron. Stop derailing this one.

>no argument
>more deflection and ad-hom
So, you concede defeat? Thanks, didn't think you had an argument, loser.

Attached: 1438843499185.gif (320x232, 74K)

Replying twice won't erase the argument you just lost and subsequent concession that you literally don't have an rebuttal to anything I posted.

Attached: 1515446781147.png (202x282, 168K)

OP fags should have burned in the Kyoani building instead of those employees. Insufferable fucking cunts.

5/5
Favorite: Karekano
3/6
Favorite: GitS
3/3
Favorite: AnJ
7/7
Favorite:Katanagatari
6/6
Favorite: Jintai
1/3
Favorite: HxH
1/1 YKK
8/8
Favorite: HxH

Based OPbro anally devastating troglodytes.

Attached: 3x3manga.png (846x846, 1.68M)

>~0079

Zeta ok, it's early

Your continued asshurt only further validates the fact that you lost the argument. You do realize that, right? Or is your IQ so low that you're lacking in simple selfawareness?

Thanks. Your 3x3 is good but I find Ohba's work pretty trashy.

Attached: skypiea2.png (2132x1600, 3.62M)

>He thinks he won an argument that didn't exist because he copy pasted autistic Tumblr shit about one piece
Get the fuck out of our thread, OPshitter

Ignore this troll, user. He'll only continue shitting up the thread the more we engage him.
(I shouldn't even be posting this, as it'll get his illusions of everyone in here samefagging fired up again.)

I'll be honest: Zettai Shounen made me fall asleep. And I don't mean figuratively. It's a very pretty show, but Aizawas autism was too much even for me.
I hope they stay dead after this. The animators should start working for a company with an actual aristic vision. They've wasted enough of their time on cheap mexican soap operas.
>louis-vuitton-travel-book(...).jpg
White trash brand. Stop shilling them, user.
5/9 +Duck, Hyouka, Kino, Aria ~3gatsu, Tamers
>comics
3/3 +Corner, Nausicaa, Suizokukan; Dragons Heaven has manga? Or what is that supposed to be
> In this corner of the world, because I couldn't tell which character was which
Good to know I wasn't the only one. Was a bit awkward at times.
8/9 -GITSSAC
>comics
2/2 +Nausicaa, Matsumoto
Where did you get this picture of my daughter?
Feels like looking in a mirror, if I choose to ignore a handful of them.
7/9 +Shimashita, Usagi, Haibane, KON, IM@S, Erin, NNB; that NNB shot is absolutely terrible. I had to quadrupple reverse search a similar version of it to finally get a match on saucenao. Who the hell remembers a rubber duck? Could have chosen some shot of a piece of paper of Chihaya instead.
4/9 +Samflam, CykaCyka, Iroha ~Gatcha, Ghost NTR
4/9 +Lafiel, 2199, SnW, Arrest; Mouretsu was pretty underwhelming. Wish it at least had good animation like Wizard Barristers
5.5/9 ~Gunsmith -RoV, Utena, Onisama reeee
4.5/8 ~CCS -Doremi, Harlock, Yamato; never seen monster
6.5/9 ~Laputa -Milky, Haruhi; assuming that's comet in moominland, otherwise I haven't seen it
6/8 -Madoka, Maria; no clue what middle is supposed to be
5/9 +Otome, SSY, Lain, GITS, WaSu Washii let's go shopping whatever the name was; torn on Now and then
3/9 +Zeta, assuming that's Natsu e no Tobira ~Maruko, Gayji

Attached: 1555585752465.png (1599x1200, 3.97M)

Louis Vuitton gave Taniguchi a holiday to Venice so he could draw the place. It's still all Taniguchi, they just published it.

You know, you may be right about the story structure, but all the cartoonified aspects of the story in One Piece make it pretty gay, like the "WEDDIIIING CAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE" shit or the constant unfunny gags/qualities that define each main character make chunks of it a chore to read. I like the art and designs, though, and a lot of the minor/background aspects. It's a 7/10 manga, and one of the better shounen manga I've read.

I thought the only part that dragged in ZS was the transition in between arcs otherwise it was a very intriguing with creepy undertones

wow this 3x3 bread is particularly horrible. not a single good one

Post yours, shithead.

I am not here to give you recommendations

If you're too insecure to post one of your own, just fuck off, retard.

One Piece is built on the older concept of Romance (a glamorized view of reality). Oda aims to capture the essence of a legend and make it real so everything is meant to be unreal and larger than life, Oda is a wildly creative dreamer whose love of the world comes through clearly in his lush, larger-than-life visions. If you can't appreciate that quality you aren't yet cultured enough.
> one of the better shounen manga I've read
I consider it on par with HxH as the best Jump manga.

Attached: 1442196571946.png (1504x1100, 413K)

I think what got to me most was his deadfish face during the first half while he was confronted with the "love triangle". Not that I expected him to care, but the show shifted towards more emotional topics yet he was still unable to crack a smile.
Can't be. I've posted mine.
What's the appeal of a photorealistic reproduction? Appreciating the skill required is one thing, but given the Nausicaa and Matsumoto picks I'd have expected your priorities to be slightly different. Like, along the lines of Igarashi's works who for Majo chose to draw various venues located in Istanbul but at least gave the drawings a personal touch.

2/3 (for the "real taste")

2/5

5/7

We need more 3x3 in here and less OP shit.

I enjoy it, but it's far from perfect. I understood everything you're talking about while I was reading it. It's a 7/10 for me regardless.
>I consider it on par with HxH as the best Jump manga.
Yeah, I agree.

>3/3 +Corner
That's actually a different manga by the same author. It's called Yunagi no Machi, Sakura no Kuni.

>Nausicaa
Also, not Nausicaa either. It's Shuna no Tabi.

Damn, I can't even identify comics.

Attached: 1535253089774.jpg (406x635, 68K)

In all fairness, they look really similar to the ones you said.

Random 3x3. 9 random grids, one random panel each.
This one is strange. 2 repeated panels from older random grids. Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Still ...

Raw data:
>190739630+(4), 190727055a+(1), 190756496+(8), 190727753+(1), 190735390m+(4), 190731359+(3), 190775637r+(5), 190735390a+(8), 190773129+(5)

Keep posting. Maybe we can replace the repeated panels.

Attached: rand190726257.png (925x925, 1.3M)

what type of autism is this

Attached: 7679869759608.jpg (3988x3988, 2.09M)

That's just a depiction of the collective autism of Yea Forums.

2/4

4/5