>2019
>still no female main character protagonist in Shonen who is boyish enough for young men to self-insert into

When will some madman take the leap of fate and attempt the impossible?

Attached: 33306eb578dc8186a8134638beb89010.jpg (564x818, 60K)

Attached: jolyne.jpg (426x600, 133K)

And she gets a male love interest who fawns over her and loses every fight the entire story who she treats like shit until the very end where she recognizes his feelings but then the sequel comes out and you learn she's been a fucking piece of shit mother who didn't deserve love at all.

This sounds almost like that one anime that I can't fucking remember the name of right now despite shitposting about it back when it was airing. The one where she comes off as a lesbian but then has a male love interest at the end that made /u/fags seethe? And he like blew himself up but then didn't die because the anime was batshit crazy?

C-Cross Ange?

You mean like Revi?

Shit yes. God damn I feel stupid for forgetting the name. I'd say she's the closest thing to what the OP was describing but she's way too violent/psychotic/sexual for your typical shonenfag.

Attached: 1498527710113.jpg (601x655, 56K)

What? Medaka's Box is a thing and Medaka is literally me

I suspect it's an actual japanese publishing law that women cannot amount to anything in serialised battle manga.

i see the dumblr crowd has migrated to Yea Forums

RYOKO exists. It's great but sadly the translation for it is slow as shit.

Attached: 20016v1.jpg (924x1460, 319K)

Yes! It's really irritating how slow the translations are.

Attached: download.jpg (187x269, 20K)

This is an incredibly stupid thing to say.
It's like asking for shoujo manga to have a male MC.

I like that at least right now the core heroes are literally three characters and Zen's not treated like he's useless or abused by the other two characters. Also Rere is great.

Attached: U5.png (836x1200, 422K)

Womyn just aren't that interesting.
Get back to the kitchen.

Attached: cold johnny.png (379x478, 247K)

What do you expect from a subversive SJeW?
They can get more than enough of this crap in american comics now but it just isn't good enough for them. Thank god they don't actually have a say in japanese entertainment.

yikes

Isn't anime/manga already gynocentric enough?
Shonen is the only time you see male characters being the forefront of the story

Attached: 1545219439758.jpg (683x406, 99K)

>fpbp

Boys want to fuck girls, they don't want to be girls.

Sony would beg to differ.

But then again Sony has always been a westernaboo company.

blow me

Guratama pls, Sorachi-sensei?

Attached: gintama2.jpg (213x359, 41K)

This honestly. Too many fucking girls in anime, and even when you have an anime with a male lead it's haremshit and there are no other male characters in the story or they're evil old bald men.

Need to be more anime about bros.

Alita was pretty cool, and she was a well-written character even for being a girl.

I already reading the best manhwa shonen series with a female MC.

Attached: burning-effect-38433.jpg (350x490, 56K)

When I see a female mc, I dont want to self insert as them, I want to insert myself in them

Seconding this

Attached: Hibiki M.jpg (1678x1716, 318K)

She was based at the beginning, yeah

BASED

Attached: claps desk.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

Whynotboth.jpg

I just want a likable female protag who isn't a mary sue and perfect in everything or a damsel in distress 99% of the time

I refuse

Thank you. This is what I want too, it's not impossible, and if it could be made properly it will be a fucking legend.

Someone should just make a female MC whose hot then. She can still be cool and strong and act similar to other shonen mc boys so anyone can relate but still be hot enough for fanservice. Im surpised theres not alot of stuff like that.

It's way easier to write such characters if they aren't MC but female leads instead, even if their role in story is instrumental.

Attached: 1562834926453.jpg (774x1032, 96K)

There is though retard, watch more anime.

Go read burning effect, its a korean webtoon but it has a female lead

Remember yourself when you were 12 years old.
Did you think girls were "cool" or "strong"?
There's a very obvious reason why shounen with female protagonist sounds almost like an oxymoron and characters like Jolyne feel like an exception. There's a reason even Slayers is technically a seinen. Not to mention how hard it is to write a likeable action female lead who won't come out as a giant mary sue cunt and worst member of the cast like it was in Medaka.

What we need in shounen is just more fun female leads. Leave the main spot for a guy, he will draw out most shounenshit related tropes on himself. Preferably give them good chemistry and it can easily carry the whole show.

Attached: 1534693489373.png (919x1300, 286K)

>Not to mention how hard it is to write a likeable action female lead who won't come out as a giant mary sue cunt and worst member of the cast like it was in Medaka.

That's not that hard.
Just have her be too committed to her duty of whatever the plot is to see that she's unintentionally self-sabotaging herself, resulting in another character helping her see that through another perspective, which will make her become super strong and respectable because she only cares about what she needs to do, while also being flawed for not being able to see the truth.

talking about shonen dumbass.

Is it any good?

My nigga

>Self insert protagonists
Absolute garbage

>who is Hana

Attached: 27d7f1fa22fb5dbe8e624df54db8a347.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Why does shonen need that though?

I never self insert myself into a story.
I think people who self insert are retarded.
You read a fucking story, if you want selfinsert than roleplay as something and write your own shit.
Just my opinion.

You still have stuff like Medaka Box, Soul Eater and Claymore, maybe Kurokami, its just that when you're writing stories aimed at young boys authors tend to play safe and make the protag also a young boy. Then they can have the female public by introducing shipping bait between the males anyway

Attached: nrr.jpg (704x400, 22K)

Never had a problem imagining inserting myself into cute girls.

Attached: sample-67973686c3f106b4938b1f58f8b08dd8.jpg (1400x881, 498K)

Very convincing, user. You almost sound as if you'd actually support a series like what you described.

The only time where it is acceptable for a female lead is in a hentai

Fuck off tranny.

Nah. Will never be good.

Be too much of a culture shock to sell in Japan well.

We have feminist bullshit in other forms of media and I think anime is more popular because it doesn’t

Attached: 77EECCBA-C18C-46BD-A7A9-7E809D5DE40B.gif (200x200, 20K)

There have been shoujo manga with a male MC. Like alot of them.
> Isshukan
>Gakuen babysitter
>Ore monogatari is a mostly male perspective too
I'm pretty sure there's more but those are just off the top of my head.

she came close but she really suffered because araki got a little too experimental and bizarre in part 6 for a lot of people

watch Shadow Skill you dumb fuck

Attached: ShadowSkill.jpg (293x500, 60K)

That's basically 90% of all female leads in all action anime.

Problem is that what you are describing has always and will always bomb when it's aimed at at the shounen demo.

holy fuck there are OTHER people who know what Shadow Skill is?!

Litterally every man within th 30-50 age range still thinks ellen rippley from aliens and sarah conor from T2 are the baddest bitches on earth.
What are you saying?

God I love Pandora Hearts

>Bizarre adventure
>Bizarre
>too bizzare
what in tarnation

>can't even post the right gif

Attached: 1559007454014.png (846x703, 626K)

Yeah, this. We need some male appreciation.

Is Maka not good enough?

Attached: SOUL.EATER.full.61539.jpg (1920x1200, 1.26M)

So far so good

She quickly gets overshadowed by some key male members of the cast.

>self insert into someone who will get fucked by a boy
>it's okay because it's a boyish girl
You're a fag

Isn't that the point of self-insert mcs?

No she doesn't.

I can't self insert easily. An MC has to be a helluva lot like me for me to self insert, and I can't recall ever finding one. For females, I cannot self insert at all. When I create a character in a video game, I can easily self-insert into my male character because I decide his actions and behavior. However when I make a female character, I am completely disconnected from her. She is not me, but rather a character that I've designed and am making up her story and decisions as I go along. When I want to do an evil playthrough in an RPG, I always make a female character, as I find it much easier to be chaotic evil as a character I'm disconnected with, than a male character which I may end up getting sucked into.

This is the best part though. I love romance told from the female's perspective. Usually it means that

>A
The writer is a male writing a female character and will actually take time to flesh out the relationship because he can't just have the main character be a titcow who's sole purpose is to job until the end of the manga where she has the guy's kids. The guy most of the time is fleshed out as well.

>B
The writer is female and is less afraid of romance than male authors. Male shonen authors leave romance to the end of the manga because they either are autistic and don't have any romantic experience or they don't want to scare off the little boy audience who find romane icky. The female author usually writes in some nice romantic scenes.

With male shonen writers and male main characters, you get shit like Naruto/Bleach/My Hero Academia/Dragon Ball where the females are glazed-eyed titcows whose sole purpose is to fawn over the MC who will ignore them and inevitably treat them like a disposable dump that pumps out kids.

Attached: 1554330518053.jpg (700x1000, 406K)

Is she named after a soup condiment too?

Whats wrong with her face?

If I was japanese, I would totally do it.

fpbp, this is someone I can relate to

Attached: joyleneonsnails.png (600x588, 519K)

Chainsaw Man has been so good so far.
The dynamic between Denji and Power has been one of the best in recent memory as far as shonen go.

Thank you, blessed user, for putting name to something I caught ten minutes of with my brother two decades ago.

>And she gets a male love interest who fawns over her and loses every fight the entire story who she treats like shit until the very end where she recognizes his feelings but then the sequel comes out and you learn she's been a fucking piece of shit mother who didn't deserve love at all.

and don't forget about giving her child a retarded ass name

Attached: bortion.png (1450x1034, 1M)

Based.

That's a bandage

FUCK, I am a retard.

Attached: 1542434221450.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Can you point it out for me? I guess I'm just fucking retarded or something but I've been staring at her face in both images and the only thing I can manage to see is someone who looks straight out of The Promised Neverland with a double chin and the most autistic mouth I've ever seen

Attached: IptG07W.png (453x414, 120K)

how has no one posted Ryuko yet

Fuck (non-sexually) boys

Its easiest to see in the top pic, below that bandage on her nose is a semi-frowning mouth, its a thin line.

Symphogear is mahou shoujo.