Nostalgia?

Why does it seem that people hate almost every anime except a bunch of shit from 80-2000s.

I almost never see anything before/around 2000 getting shit on when people talk about it. is it nostalgia? it seems a lot of people have been anime fans since their youth and have grown up to resent genre changes.

Or maybe anime really has just had a major dip in quality?

I'm not really that involved in the anime community so I might not be the best judge, it's simply a seemingly odd trend I noticed the more I interact with it

Attached: 1465125517422.png (1440x1080, 1.3M)

Lurk moar.

It's nostalgia goggles for sure. The animation of a lot of those old shows sucked as well as having had terrible writing and pacing.

Anime is improving

Nostalgia and only remembering the better shows.

Nostalgia? I don't think so. Consider this: ther were shows more popular than serial experiment lain at the time, yet you don't see them discussed ever.

Attached: image.jpg (680x640, 96K)

It's because no one watched shit from beforeore 2000s expect the shows noted as being, at the very least, good.

Rozen Maiden was the last good anime to be made
High quality discussion, faggot kun

>reading is fun as well
How does a 13 year get to reach such conclusions?

Because anime was better back then.

The Great Gatsby is fucking garbage. Read some real literature like Tolstoi, Dostojewski, Fontane or Tanigawa

No really, Lurk more. Anytime this board brings up, "The good old days of cels" this board always cherrypicks on both sides of the argument.
Yea Forums loves seasonal anime, myself included.
I watched older stuff and sometimes it's worse than the stuff coming out nowadays.

by reading? there was so much good shit for kids to start before that. dont tell me you missed on goosebumps or roleplaying books.
Often you start the kids with comics, then give them books. Hell, you start their interest early on by reading them classic tales, then slowly introduce to more complex stuff over time.
I would imagine with first world being full of easy access to several forms of electronic entertainment nowadays would limit people interest. It makes more sense if you think of the time before internet. shit, just thinking about it for a second made me realize that technology is indeed ruining society, guess the unabomber was right after all.

Either way that's an old pic of an annoying tripfag who was actually a weird friendless sperg IRL. A legend in Yea Forums history, in its way. wonder what happened to him

Technology hasn't ruined anything, Ted was an idiot.
Consumerism and shitty parenting is what ruined kids by shunting parenting and attention off to technology.

>It's because no one watched shit from beforeore 2000s expect the shows noted as being, at the very least, good.
Pretty much this. Those decades had just as many shitty anime as there are now. We just never saw them back in those days when TV and VHS tapes were the only reliable way to find and watch anime.

My favorite of all time is from 2006, but I have plenty that I like that are more recent OR significantly older too. There were good anime and bad anime in every era.

Attached: SoraThumbsUp.gif (480x360, 2.08M)

Whoops, meant to type 2003.

I think my fingers are as clumsy as her brain.

Attached: sora.jpg (1600x1200, 323K)

Quentin was a humongous faggot

I feel like in the past anime, was more experimental and had little to no rules. You'd get gorey supernatural, tons of Sci-fi, and the art styles ranged greatly. Today it feels like anime has settled down and found it's place and found which tropes are more profitable. So it feels mostly the same in art and writing. It's improved in several things however but I feel it plays it safe more than it did before.

Attached: ch-end-1.jpg (1280x945, 318K)

book binging is no different from vido gaem binging
unless it's books of knowledge then you're a leanred gentleman and a scholar

god tier taste. keep it up user

Attached: kaleido 4.gif (152x162, 13K)

A bit of both. Anime does had a major change in goals and the way it's produced that clash with how things used to be done but it's not necessarily a step down. I feel like I simply phased out of the newer narrative styles and enjoy more old fashioned stuff. I watch very little current anime, right now I enjoy more looking for the classics I wasn't able to watch when I was a kid. That being said I'm perfectly aware that today's kids may not get what so awesome about old shows since they're missing the context and experiences related to it the exact same way I cannot understand why Isekai is still a fucking thing.

To that add the fact that the industry is so desperate they started to reboot many classics like Evangelion, Dragon Ball, CCS, etc...

Current shows are popular but almost none get to legend status like it happened in the past. I think the two last shows to become phenomenons were Haruhi Suzumiya and Gurren Lagann.

>nostalgia
>nostalgia
>nostalgia

Having to put up with 2009 vintage Yea Forums shitposts really pisses me off, to be quite frank.

Good point. Trends definitely existed in the past (lots of Mazinger, Gundam and Evangelion clones in their respective eras, also the ocean of harem shows with "average MC" triggered by Love Hina) but never so formulaic and artificial as today. There's still some room for experimentation but the preferred way to to is definitely to follow the trends.

Part of it is because too many anons try to be edgy contrarians. It's okay to like old stuff because those are established classics while newer anime gets shit on just for being recent. I've been on Yea Forums for nearly 15 years so I've seen a lot of today's classics get shit on a few years back.

The opposite is also true. I've seen posts shitting on old anime just because it's old while forgetting off model panels still exists and CGI keeps causing a mess despite technology improvements.

The nostalgia argument never holds up if you compare only the very best works of each decade.

How can such comparison ever be fair? The influence of each work depends a lot on the context surrounding the time of it's airing. Sometimes a show doesn't stick with the audience at first but time later resurface as a classic since a new audience in a different context finds it interesting.

I guess we could compare only those show who have passed the test of time and became all-time favorites.

Lurk moar, retard

I am not talking about popularity, it's an irrelevant metric.

give it 10 years and people will be talking about garbage like Bleach and AoT in the same respect

old anime had a lot of furshit. Don't know why normalshits keeps riding it and think making the millionth thread about a 20-30 year old show that's been dissected ad-infinitum is original and good

Quality is equally subjective given the resources and intention at the time of making the show.

>furshit
The early 2000's were the worst time. There was furry shit up the ass.

I hate Zeta Gundam.

There, I said something bad about old anime. Happy now?

The 'Zelda cycle' applies to most things.

I do too, so much so that I watched the recapped movie just to get the guilt of my chest

Attached: 1557126226960.png (992x2214, 1.57M)