Is this really better than OPM? Should I give it a try?

Attached: images (15).jpg (739x415, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EFAvbCAXubw
youtu.be/oDbhRw99SEU
youtube.com/watch?v=oDbhRw99SEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

Yeah, the downgrade in writing between this and OPM will genuinely surprise you

yeah,Mob is pretty great

Fake deep teenage garbage, watch at your own risk. Season 1 was fine though

No its poorly written hypocritical garbage

>using your powers on others is wrong
>having powers doesnt make u special
>proceeds to curb stomp everyone who opposes him with overwhelming authoritarian force.

After watching the entirety of Mob Psycho 100 Season 2, I think I can honestly say that this is the closest an anime can get to a completely unironical, fully deserved 10 out of 10 rating in this modern day and age.

>Well written, intriguing and emotional story that has equal amounts of comedy, drama, sol, etc. somehow mixed together perfectly
>Superb cast of main characters, side characters and villains, each of them with actual meaningful character progression arcs of their own
>Animation quality so mindblowingly amazing that it has already set a new industry standard for seasonal TV anime for years
>Spectacular pacing for every single episode
>Perfect VAs
>Absolutely killer OP, ED and overall soundtrack
>Every single thing about the Body Improvement Club

Lmao the fans of this show are retarded.

It is more sincere at the very least.
A coming of age story about becoming emotional mature will always be better than a parody show with some vague depression undertones in my book

>emotionally mature

LMFAO the brainlets in this thread.

it's a good anime and manga but not better than opm

Non arguments.

He doesn't stomp them in anyway he just uses his powers to subdue them and make them realize the error of their ways. Unless he loses control of his emotions which is a personality flaw he knows he has that him and reigen constantly tries to work on

If you fall foe the "emotionally mature" meme you will be a slave your entire life.

Just go watch your wife fuck the bull already.

You mean
>proceeds to curbstomp everyone who uses their psychic powers for evil

>enjoy shounenshit like BC, MHA, KnY, Dr. Stone, Chainsaw Man, etc
>each of those series threads have dedicated shitposters to ruin the threads and discussions
>watch MP100
>its amazing
>decide to come to talk about
>it also has dedicated shitposters with non-arguments to invade and ruin discussion
its all so tiresome

Yeah strange he has to have overwhelming force to "convince them" (in the most terribly written way possible) to "change their ways"

Almost like powers DO make you special and that using them on people IS justified in some scenarios.

Which is completely counter to the themes of the show.

what a sad excuse of a human being
have sex

Which contradicts the the themes of the show dumbass

Rich coming from someone posting on Yea Forums

Make me slave

No the powers don't make you special as seen when these weak willed people use their power to try and gain social status what makes you special is your character and what you represent which is why Mob inspires and changes them. It is also why you see these psychics have no one to fall back on and are extremely lonely at the end of the day while Mob has a entire support group that loves him.

Season 1 is good, and shows a lot of potential.
Season 2 is just dissapoiting.
Overall, it's a waste of time.

It's a masterpiece, of course you should give it a try

There's a difference between using your powers to be authoritative and using them to combat those people, Mob steps up and uses his powers because he personally doesn't think that having psychic powers gives these people any right to be above anybody else in the world. It's not as if Mob throws his powers at everyone he disagrees with too, look at his fight with Teru for example

Damn all that word salad and yiu dont contradict my post.

Season 1s ending literallt has a over dramatic moment with the theme being to never use yoyr powers on others even in self defense.

Season 2 with no explanatiom whatsoever the mc drops this moral act and just curb stomps whoever he wants.

This is bad writing.

>Season 1s ending literallt has a over dramatic moment with the theme being to never use yoyr powers on others even in self defense.
Except for the fact that Reigen uses powers to defend a bunch of children. Your assessment of the show is wrong.

Stick to your entry-level shounen, summerfag-kun. This is not for you.

>Lmao
2019 and still talking like this. No one will take you seriously.

>mc drops this moral act and just curb stomps whoever he wants.
He doesn't he stops people that use their powers to achieve higher social status or control others same as season 1. Like I said in my original post the powers don't make you special its your character which is Mob's main drive in life and why he can achieve so much while the other psychics fall flat. You are seriously a brainlet or a shitposter either way this is sad.

>reddit spacing

Except he didn't. Reigen was just minding his own business.

The only violent thing he really does is through someone and that was on accident.

youtu.be/EFAvbCAXubw

My assessment of the show is that it literally ham fisted the message of "don't fight. run away" with EXPLICIT dialogue and it doesnt address the change from (run away) to (just fight lmao)

no one is allowed to have good things on Yea Forums, and the jackasses who want to anything good will always get off scot free

Which is in exact contradiction to the ending lesson he supposedly learned in season 1. Not to fight but to run away and leave the fighting to authorities.

Did you just completely memoryhole the last seasons ending or? youtu.be/oDbhRw99SEU

>Reigen literally preaches the same message that is prevalent throughout season 2 but somehow this is contradictory
This is not the point of the scene Mob was losing control of his emotions which is his personality flaw that he was trying to fix since episode 1, Reigen realizes this and tells Mob that if he uses his power to murder them like he was about to do he is no better than them and will suffer the same faith. Mob never kills anyone in season 2 he only makes them realize what Reigen is preaching in this final scene. It all harkens back to the original point that character is more important than powers and this is why Mob never ends up like the other psychics because he actively tries to improve himself with the help of Reigen.

>literally defending this scene with headcannon

Let me quote you some of the things in the video you don't think i watched.
>Stop! Don't fight back!
>There's no reason for you to stoop to their level
>No don't fight back mob!
>We just need to run away
>don't do it mob you'll be the one who suffers in the end

you: This doesn't mean not to fight it actually means something something control of emotions

STFU retard

Attached: 1540415654671.jpg (1002x1002, 143K)

Mob is trash. Bones pretty much carried this show.

You're taking this scene in without acknowledge the greater context of the show. Mob's a kid who thinks his psychic powers are a burden, giving him a load of stress (Tsubomi telling him she finds psychic powers boring) and trauma. (putting the people around him in danger) Pay close attention to what Reigen is saying here with that in mind.
>Don't do it, Mob. You're the one who's going to suffer in the end.
>When things go south, It's okay to run away!
He tells Mob that he's going to suffer if he fights because Mob isn't in the right state of mind to deal with this kind of situation. In Season 2, the first 5 episodes of the series is made to develop Mob into the right state of mind to use his powers appropriately. Did you just completely memoryhole the Mogami fight?
>I always thought my powers were of no use to anybody, but I'll use them to save people!

Fight is the key word here Mob had no other intention than to kill them. When Mob """fights""" in season 2 he isn't fighting to kill anyone he is fighting them to make them realize the error of their ways and hopefully help them become a better person at the end of the day like Reigen did to mob in the scene you posted.. You are seriously a brainlet.

Watched this shit for 3-4 episodes and then kind of forgot about it. Would have probably worked if I was still 15 or really out of shape.
Yes. Season 1.

MP100 is a midwit anime. As a 140IQ person the only good anime in 2019 so far are Miru Tights, Wataten, and Dumbbell.

terrible taste, trying watcing stuff that isnt flavor of the month shit

literally headcannon ad hoc rationalization.

He was always willing to fight evil spirits. Nothing about the mogami fight changed that. Where did he learn "yeah you know what now its okay for me to just demolish my human opposition instead of leaving it in the hands of the authorities."

Fight evil spirits is helping them pass onto the afterlife you retard.

lmao now we see the psychofag in his natural habitat. manipulating language to imply that fights can only be done with the intent to kill someone.The absolute state of moblets.

Attached: Ehuz7S_r9tccE7NTR3rOh2hOE2YYZGKsOVCIg1g7Hb8.jpg (937x768, 146K)

Yeah and? That's not the point of my post retard.

The themes at the end of chapter 1 involved not fighting HUMANS. It had nothing to do with fighting evil spirits which reigen was always okay with.

Talking about the mogami fight is completely irrelevant.

>Completely ignoring the fact that Mob had murderous intent and was reaching 100%
If you are larping as a retard you are doing a good job.
>The themes at the end of chapter 1 involved not fighting HUMANS.
Name one time in S2 that he harmed a human other than psychologically. Even in the final fight the guy off'ed himself.

>this thread
Mob is great but I don't see how it could possibly go over your head like it has this idiot

It really says something about the state of Yea Forums when most people here can't even understand a show made for kids/teenagers.

Reigen didn't say anything about not fighting in *x specific case*. Reigen said DONT FIGHT RUN. He didn't have a qualifier on it.

>harm humans

Nice goal post moving but the themes of season 1 were to run and not fight. It has nothing to do with not "harming" a person. Although he did harm the final boss guy quite a lot.

So you are both wrong and changing the topic.

No I understand Mob perfectly well. It's objectively poorly written and the people who don't agree with that are the ones who don't understand it.

>Reigen said DONT FIGHT RUN.
Because Mob had murderous intent as was unstable you fucking retard. Notice how when Reigen gets the powers from Mob he is able to completely destroy their ideals and help them improve as people which is exactly what Mob does all throughout season 2. Reigen and Mob are no hypocrites you are just too dumb to understand what is going on and see every struggle of ideals as muh fight.

>Talking about the mogami fight is completely irrelevant.
Except it is relevant, because the Mogami fight is exactly about the conflict between using your powers against people. Mogami is trying to make a case that Mob should be using his powers for his own benefit, whether or not it harms other people. Mob comes to the conclusion that he would rather use his powers to save people. Also, two episodes before the fight there's an episode dealing with the differences (or lack there of) between humans and spirits.
Besides, you're saying Mob just curb stomps everyone to impose authority, but every time Mob resorts to solely violence it either doesn't work or is portrayed in a negative light. Mob saves the day through kindness at the end of the season. The only exception I can think of is in episode 10, where he temporarily immobilizes the buff psychic guy, but in that case he was literally going to murder a bunch of guys who don't have any psychic abilities of their own.

>everyone is expecting Mob to kill the "bad guys"
>Mob doesn't want to kill the "bad guys." We even see him crying because he doesn't want to fight with a woman
>in fact Mob let the blonde dude strangle him because Mob didn't want to injure him
>Mob is extremely afraid of himself to the point he bottles up his emotions PRECISELY because he knows he can injure others all too easily
>Reigen tells him "it's OK to run if you want to and let adults solve it"
>Reigen proceeds to inadvertently subdue all of Claw
>turns out they weren't "bad guys" but a bunch of manchildren playing world domination
That's it. How can you not understand a plot written for 12-year olds?

I see you didn't understand shit.
>using your powers on others is wrong
You mean using your powers to take advantage of others is wrong.
>having powers doesn't make u special
When you make your powers be your identity, and there's someone stronger thea you, then yeah, you're just a nobody now. Mob is so fucking strong that he puts everyone in check who think they're above peasants.
>proceeds to curb stomp everyone who opposes him with overwhelming authoritarian force.
>overwhelming authoritarian force
>authoritarian force
What the fuck are you on right now

Attached: 1542498144452.png (359x363, 130K)

>because mob had murderous intent
O MY HEADCANNON

>murder a bunch of guys who don't have powers of their own

The division 7 was trying to murder his friends. How is that any different? If he followed the logic of reigen from season 1 he wouldve ran and called the cops lmao

No. I didn't expect him to kill the bad guys. I expected him to fight the bad guys. When he didn't I was somewhat suprised but not upset. Until this morality was contradicted with no explanation in season 2.

youtu.be/EFAvbCAXubw
>Stop! Don't fight back!

you: This doesn't mean not to fight

Fighting with no purpose behind it is no better than them. What Mob does in Season 2 isn't that at all.

wrong link oops.

>no purpose
>your friends and family about to die

LMAO THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF KEKHOLDS

Attached: 1544241957493.png (429x328, 168K)

>O MY HEADCANNON
Literally says "I don't care what happens to my opponents" your bait is getting worse (You)

There are better ways to handle that situation which Reigen showed and that is what Mob continued to do for the rest of the series.

OPM is a parody
Mob is legitimate

are you sure you replied to the right post

but that wasn't in any of the reasons reigen listed.

You are inseting your headcannon into the reasons presented by reigen.

No. Mob didn't fight. Later in the series he does fight.

These are complete contradictions. There's no reason why he wouldn't fight here but would fight say the final boss guy.

Well that's difficult to make a definitive call on, you might prefer OPM's more farcical story to Mob Psycho's coming of age action comedy. I do think Mob is a genuine 10/10 though. Almost every single episode pushes the main character's development forward in some way, and while the last arc of season 2 is a much more straightforward action show it does put a nice cap on how much Mob has grown as a person. Plebs tend to overanalyze it or deliberately misinterpret what it's going for.

>Stooping to their levels and using your powers to absolutely destroy others is bad so stop that and run if you need to
>He then proceeds to take Mob's powers and show him how he can use them to help others even his enemies

yes. Posted the wrong video thou.

It's not about you, dummy. Other characters were literally telling Mob to kill the Claw members.

He fought the final boss guy with the intention to help him become a better person like Reigen did at the end of season 1 he won though kindness and superior character not through brute strength. The guy literally off'd himself because he realized Mob was right.

Reigen didn't even know he had mob powers at first retard.

Even if what you are saying is true then why didn't Mob use the same method reigen uses to fight? He doesn't nonchalantly defend himself with a shield and cancel out attacks in a controlled manner in season 2 he throughs fucking building as people.

wrong.
wrong.

I can't handle this level of retard. The 100% Gratitude scene is not about how Mob should never use his powers on people. I can't believe a chicken scratch manga of all things has the power to bring out the absolute worst in people's analytical abilities.

Ok, but I don't disagree with that, though? Reigen just doesn't want Mob fighting on principle because he's a kid, what of it?

that's all fine and dandy but the second season mobs throwing buildings at people which explicitly contradicts this moral lesson he learned.

He didn't start that way. Mob was assuming he'd have to kill him before instead choosing to stay with him and try to help contain the explosion in order to prove a point.

>Stop! Don't fight back!

you: This doesn't mean not to fight

>Reigen didn't even know he had mob powers at first retard.
Thats not the point Reigen showed how someone with maturity would handle it.
>Even if what you are saying is true then why didn't Mob use the same method reigen uses to fight? He doesn't nonchalantly defend himself with a shield and cancel out attacks in a controlled manner in season 2 he throughs fucking building as people.
He does try but the people he are fighting are way stronger and as a result require more force to subdue he never tries to murder or harm these people he is simply trying to make them realize his childish they really are.
Thanks for conceding

>which explicitly contradicts this moral lesson he learned.
How so? His lesson is to not fight for personal gain.

Mob1 > OPM1 > Mob2 >>>>>> OPM2

lmao the absolute state of headcannon ad hoc rationalization

"I have to impotently through buildings at people"

Ah yes the most inefficient ways to use your powers are of course the best ways to subdue strong opponents.

>They are throwing me through buildings and are near my level of strength I should let them kill me instead of subduing them with equal force.
Yeah that is really smart and would help in trying to change their ideals.

IT
MEANS
DON'T
FIGHT
*THEM*

BECAUSE WHAT IS CONTEXT?
WHAT IS REIGEN BEING CONCERNED FOR MOB IN THIS MOMENT NOT BEING EMOTIONALLY READY TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION?
WHAT IS REIGEN LEARNING TO TRUST MOB TO MAKE THE RIGHT CALL ON HIS OWN AS TIME GOES ON?
NOT THE POINT HOLY FUCK

how about instead of wasting energy by throughing matter at insanely strong psychics you just use your psychic ability on them retard?

Especially when the fucking buildings do absolutely nothing.

Yes tho it's only FOTM and no lasting power

Because when they are at equal strength you can't just like Mob can resist their powers they can resist his. You have to let them slowly run out of energy in the meantime all you can do is defend yourself.

Both are shit.

Attached: 1548317379652.jpg (600x594, 35K)

so why would you through buildings then? You'd use more energy attacking then they would defending. All they have to do is resist the molecular forces holding the building together in their specific location while you have to pick up a fucking building.

based as fuck

HxH is garbage

Because you and him both have to exert energy to defend so if you are only defending you are eventually gonna run out and lose the fight. Also why do you keep bringing up throwing buildings when he only did that once and most fights were just using psychics powers on eachother over and over.

Except he had no control here? He had no plan whatsoever. He was literally about to kill them. Against the boss he had a plan and confidence that he could talk him out of. Confidence he got from character development. Are you pretending to be retarded or some shit?

and yet both are better than O

because it explicitly contradicts your point that mob is now *mimicking* how reigen fought which is just your headcannon

season 1 was pretty good and season 2 was fucking amazing

How? Reigen was fight weaklings and are you forgetting Reigen literally threw one of them through a building in that fight. Mob ended every fight the same way Reigen did you are just grasping at straws.

Seething.

Attached: 1549785770709.jpg (1280x704, 55K)

I didn't think it was great overall, but it was very consistent which is nice.

Why do HxH always spam other shounenshit threads for no reason?
Is this their coping mechanism?

Well they only get one chapter a year they have to do something else to feel the time.

HxHfags

Mob is based
OPM is one joke man

O

The anime blows s2 out of thecwater.

Still mediocre, but does manage to float on top of the sea of trash that is modern entertainment. 6/10