The Greatest Debate

Attached: cellvsmeruem.jpg (1024x768, 66K)

Never seen DB. What character development did Cell have?

One is a pseudo-philosophical ripoff of the other, so.

Character wise? Meruem

Cell has a better design and isn't written like dog shit

Attached: 1561473771746.jpg (742x699, 235K)

Cell on the whole was far more entertaining as far as showmanship goes, down to him being able to use a bunch of the established cast's techniques and racial traits. Meruem on the other hand had a more fleshed out character arc. Lastly, and though it's not as important, Cell's design>>>Meruem's.

Plenty, he matured with each form.

Here another fag who autistically paste and copy his shit.

Attached: 4565165165.png (1403x1315, 1.83M)

It's just a troll who hasn't seen HxH so he exclusively posts copypastas and wiki screenshots. Same one shitting on other shonen threads. Just ignore.

Cell would destroy Meruem imo

You don't really think those are the same person right?

If we're talking battle, cell wins without a doubt. Meruem bleeds. Cell reconstructs. Somehow more powerful than before.

In terms of character though, meruem makes cell look like a 12 year olds story. We see meruem controlled by his instincts, to eventually controlling them. Cell just wants to beat up goku and get real stronk.

>mountain buster vs solar system buster
Lmao

Those copypastas look based unlike huntercucks' copypastas.

why the fuck did you go to the effort to turn the images? Take your meds already dear god

that is only because the difference between universes, a 5 year old gold saint could solo Dragon Ball until zeno sama.

Powerlevel:
Cell > Meruem
Design:
They're about equal
Character:
Meruem > Cell

I like Meruem more. Cell was cool when he was a creepy underdog but become a faggot when he begged Vegeta to become perfect. After that he has no motivations so he throws a tournament just to wank himself and then commits the same mistake Vegeta did and made Gohan strong enough to kill him. The Cell arc is plagued with writing like this, one character acting retarded so another could get ahead.
Meruem started off as an edgy faggot but matured into a great character, and his relationship with Komugi and his fight with Netero were both god tier.

Attached: 1519880807609.jpg (1066x1600, 310K)

They're both good in different ways. Meruem is a much more developed, nuanced character; he has a pretty interesting arc that brings an unexpected turn to his character by the end. He's also not really a direct obstacle for the protagonist to overcome (i.e. Gon never fights him, instead fighting Pitou). Cell has much less character development but is ultimately a force that the entire cast has to work to overcome (in some cases this leads to some retarded decision making on behalf of the characters, but also leads to a really dramatic final battle).

the cell arc had some of the best animated scenes as well
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjMieoMEGc4

cell is borring

No man, Meruem clearly has better design and character than cell.

>using "they" to refer to pitou

It's a chick, why can't people understand this?

How did you came up with that idea?

No, multiple shitposters sharing and saving pic and posting like clockwork.

meruem is a lolicon

Well I guess he's based then

Komugi is an adult and Meruem is a baby

no, Komugi is toddlercon

Cell is at least original.

Cell is a Kars ripoff

Is that any different than the whisperchad copypastas?

didn't cell come first?

No he couldn't. I love SS but the verse is extremely inconsistent when it comes to feats. Like half the cast can supposedly move at the speed of light or faster, but other than the gods not a single one of those has anything that puts them over over mountain buster or above
>inb4 muh atomic-level destruction and haxx
Those are also incredibly inconsistent and don't even scale properly. I hate to sidetrack this shitposting thread, but realistically speaking a single GoD would solo the SS verse with little difficulty, let alone an Angel or Zeno.

meruem is a better written character but cell is a better villain/antagonist

Basically this. Meruem never represents any obstacle or has any personal relationship to anyone in the main cast, and it's defeated by a side characters using a device so mundane in-verse that it immediately invalidates him as a real menace (which I know is by design but we're talking about threar level here), whereas Cell was pretty much a demigod that needed the entire known cast's intervention to put down, having previously easily dispatched humanity's entire military might.

Cell was pretty cool. The first form is relying on ambushes and deception. As he grows stronger he confronts the main characters more openly and tricks retards like vegeta into doing what he wants. the final form is exactly as cocky and full of himself as he deserves to be.

The earlier forms are executed better than the later forms, though. It's frankly much more interesting when he needs to rely on underhanded tactics since fighters at Krillin's level could still give him a moderate amount of trouble.

it's a bot

VS in what tho
Cell kills meruem in a second

absolutely. but thats generally the case. when goku has to get involved it gets boring.
early cell is like an inversion of the early namek saga with weaklings like bulma and krillin trying to survive.

No

Well

Attached: LiveAHumanLife313.jpg (3262x1600, 1.4M)

>Cell kills meruem in a second
I find that hard to believe but at that point in dbz they had planet buster moves so i guess?

>calling someone else autistic while being enough of an autist to compile this image

Meruem did nothing wrong. Truly a paragon of life

WELL

Attached: YourLoneBattleWasNotInVain297.jpg (1724x862, 956K)

Cell turned into a whiny bitch during the second form and plot conviences helped him get to his perfect form. Still has the better design out of the two though.

>comparing db powerscaling to the work of a competent mangaka
Lamo

Oh no no no

Dragonball is better than faggotxfaggot ever was

dragonball fans desperately trying to cope with their substanceless battle shonen