Ssss gridman was a great anime and people that only care about it because they want to fuck rikka are absolute cancer

ssss gridman was a great anime and people that only care about it because they want to fuck rikka are absolute cancer

Attached: 0cd964d2a694f05dc00f5486932fd856.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U0WdUsip1is
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ssss gridman is a horrible anime, with a horrible lesson, incredibly poorly developed character relationships, and a stupid as fuck plot.

The put cute girls before writing anything competent, anyone who claims to like it for any other reason besides cute girls is a bad faith actor.

For the anime I loved Anti's character development and Akane being triggered moments, everything else was shit.

we only cared about Ackane to be honest

You're trying too hard.

You don't have to be smart to like Gridman, but you do have to be stupid to hate it.

I also want to fuck Yuuta

>tfw bought two Rikka dakis and never watched the anime

What if I want to fuck Yuuta's twink ass?

Attached: hibiki yuuta (ssss.gridman) drawn by puca-rasu - 245d4190e4b6ec6b5aa679e7ee9276ee.jpg (1080x1920, 368K)

You should ask his wife Rikka for permission first

I was way better than franxxx

As a completely heterosexual guy, I do question why I want to fuck Yuta

Attached: grid yuta shirt lift.jpg (1638x2284, 587K)

She told me to go ahead while she has fun with her wife Akane.

Gridman was awesome when it was about Gridman himself, his self-aware parts, Anti and Anoshiras.
Gridman was awful when it was about retarded high-schoolers.
Takeshi worked in the original because he was incredibly endearing. He was a complete loser and a pathetic petty individual and the show was shitting on him at any opportunity. Akane is a psychotic bitch who never gets the same treatment before spiralling into complete mental breakdown and forcing equally bland bestie to drag her ass out. Their designs are too good for such shit characters and Amemiya should be forbidden from writing his high-school fanfics since they are clearly rotting his brain which is a bloody shame because he is an outsanding director otherwise.

Attached: 1554331395100.jpg (422x356, 28K)

you win this round...

She can join if she wants

Attached: yande.re 501893 sample chibi hibiki_yuuta komugi_(komugi_ckdi) seifuku ssss.gridman sweater takarada (1200x1420, 195K)

I have some bad news for you...

Glasses guy was useless and he never really proved himself, yet we're told he sort of did.

Can you please stop spamming this idiotic comparison? Takeshi is a joke character who can afford to attempt the murder of several parents and siblings of the protagonists, along with thousands of other people, and then just be forgiven with no consequences and become best pal with them, because his show is meant for little children. Which can be enjoyable in its own way, but not when you compare its writing with something written for people above the age of 7.

Pretty much this, they’re also the only reason Gridman gets threads still

>but not when you compare its writing with something written for people above the age of 7
This is adorable if you actually think that Amemiya's Gridman has any intrinsic qualities that put it above the original show as far as writing goes. No, user. It's just a Gridman that was written by someone who spent too long writing shitty yuri fanfics.

>This is adorable if you actually think that Amemiya's Gridman has any intrinsic qualities that put it above the original show as far as writing goes
It obviously does, and I just explained one of the reasons why, in relation to the point you were trying to make in the previous post. But every facet of the script could be taken as example, from the dialogue to the pacing, characterization, narrative, consistency, subtext, metatext, etc. This shouldn't really need to be stated, you're peak /m/anchild for even claiming otherwise. It's fine to cherish simple shows from our childhood for the memories and their earnestness, but at some point you should look at things objectively.

you have to thank anti crackship kun for its autism.
he gives everyone who talks about anything remotely sexual the attention they want, so it's a never ending cycle of shitposting

Akane best girl

Go away, Ted Haggard.

Akane and Rikka are super gay.

Attached: Dqr0445V4AAiEja.jpg (450x666, 70K)

For Yuuka (male).

That's just selfcest.

That's just masturbation

He fucked Akane in the end

What about those who want to fuck Akane?

Tho who watch Gridman just for the girls have no place in a Gridman thread. Show the Toku love.

We are in a line

For me

Nope, he got keked hard.

desu the only reason I watched this show was for the cute girls and trigger

No way, fag.

Excuse me! I want to fuck Akane, thank you very much. The nerve of some people.

>ssss gridman was a great anime
Let's not kid ourselves here user. This show is just as a time flop as ZLS, YoriMoi and Yuru Camp

Yuru Camp was great tho

As was Gridman, so it is all fine.

This was such a fucking borefest and the corner cutting cgi was revolting.

It wasn't about cutting corners.

First post best post.

yes!

Fuck off, trigger hating homophobe

It was, newfriend. Same reason vehicles weren't hand drawn outside of close ups. They're either lazy or inept.

You know deep down in your heart that it you that try too hard spammer kun.

Lurk moar.

No, it was't newfag. It was to simulate the look of tokusatsu. Which is why the cars were bouncing like they did. And why the monsters and Gridman moved like they did.

Shhh.

not him, but you out yourself as the actual newfag when you make uneducated posts like that. 3DCG is not required to simulate the way tokusatsu move, it's just easier.

This was an absolute dumpster fire, the girls were practically the only thing that made it bearable.

Unless they had an amount of time that is simply impossible for TV anime, then it would be impossible to get it to the same degree.

Feel free to name any anime that simulates the feeling of tokusatsu better than Gridman.

the Akane version is much better than the 3DP Rikka

No. That doesn't make sense. If that were really the case then they would also use cgi for the trees and characters but they don't. In recent years cgi has been used to cut corners particularly for mechanics and backgrounds.(organic stuff like trees and grass aside). Plenty of show in it's same season do this, if you actually new anything about anime you would recognize this. Lurk moar.

damn it the /u/fags are here

We didn't see 3dpd Rikka.

yea they really carried it

See

>If that were really the case then they would also use cgi for the trees and characters but they don't
Why? How would making the trees or characters CG make it feel like tokusatsu?
>In recent years cgi has been used to cut corners particularly for mechanics and backgrounds
While this is obviously true, it is ignoring that it also happens for artistic reasons. For example do you think the Eva rebuild movies use CGI to cut corners?

Watch more anime, newfag.

So, no answer? You have seen other tokusatsu anime other than Gridman, right? And strict tokusatsu aside, there is THE elephant in the room that you should address first thing.

I have watched plenty, but none of them have used cg to simulate tokusatsu feel like Gridman did, so it is irrelevant.

This. They were the only saving grace of this trash.

not him, other shows being garbage doesn't make this good if that's what you're getting at

>Why? How would making the trees or characters CG make it feel like tokusatsu?
Follow the reply chain back before posting, newfag. Poster here claimed cgi was used outside of close ups for vehicles, not to cut corners but to supposedly "simulate the look of tokusatsu".

>it is ignoring that it also happens for artistic reasons
It's not. It's not. It's just logical reasoning. The way cgi is used here, aside from the suits, is not unique. Like user said: multiple shows in the very same season used it to cut corners in the exact same places. This shit should be met with scrutiny and you should not try so hard to make excuses for fucking businesses. Stop enabling bad practice. When a studio wants to cut corners using cgi, they say it's fine because mentally ill retards like you will white knight them.

I think you need to pay more attention then instead of being mindless.

Then you're gay but that is 100% okay!

>Follow the reply chain back before posting, newfag. Poster here(You) claimed cgi was used outside of close ups for vehicles, not to cut corners but to supposedly "simulate the look of tokusatsu".
I know exactly what that poster said because I wrote it.
My point is that to make the trees and characters CG would do nothing to make it feel like tokusatsu. So it is a stupid point to make.

>It's not. It's not. It's just logical reasoning. The way cgi is used here, aside from the suits, is not unique. Like user said: multiple shows in the very same season used it to cut corners in the exact same places.
Why does it matter what other shows does? Girdman obviously uses CG to simulate tokusatsu, it could have used CG in a different way that didn't look that way, like most mecha anime, but they didn't. So obviously there is an artistic intent behind it.
You simply having a hate boner for 3DCG does not change that.

What exactly am I supposed to pay attention to? Tell me what anime I should watch and pay attention to to understand your point.

You'll have to get past his husband Utsumi.

>My point is that to make the trees and characters CG would do nothing to make it feel like tokusatsu.
What difference does it make to have the buildings as 3dcg and the vehicles outside of distance shots then?

>Why does it matter what other shows does?
Obviously, newfag, because the show closely follows industry trends. That's among the cheapest/fastest right now. If this were the 80s it would be fully 2d cel animated.

>Girdman obviously uses CG to simulate tokusatsu
You can do this with 2d animation and then it wouldn't awfully clash with the characters and vegetation but they don't want to put the work in.

>You simply having a hate boner for 3DCG does not change that.
No. I'm just scrutinizing the work as i should, as a consumer. You sound like a disgusting apologist. Scum like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

You claimed that you don't need to use Gridman's kind of CGI to replicate the feel of tokusatsu in anime. I asked you to prove that statement, by naming other anime that achieved the same or a better result in a different way, and since you couldn't answer, I asked you if you actually know other tokusatsu anime or tokusatsu in general, at all.

>What difference does it make to have the buildings as 3dcg and the vehicles outside of distance shots then?
The buildings are 3dcg because it is simply easier to animate 3d objects in a 3d space instead of a 2d one, since it would look out of place. And the vehicle I already said they are made to bounce like toy cars.

>That's among the cheapest/fastest right now
It isn't the cheapest. Do you know how cheap 2d animators are.

>If this were the 80s it would be fully 2d cel animated.
Of course it would because the technology didn't exist. It wouldn't look at convincing though I am sure.

>You can do this with 2d animation
Perhaps you can but the amount of time it would take to reach the same level would be inexcusable for a TV-anime.

>then it wouldn't awfully clash with the characters and vegetation but they don't want to put the work in.
The CG is rarely in a position to be compared to the characters and vegetation. I surely don't remember any particular jarring shots.

>No. I'm just scrutinizing the work as i should, as a consumer
You obviously didn't. You had your bias and simply applied it to this show without thinking about it.

>Scum like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.
I am not a buyfag, so I doubt I have contributed to much of anything.

Go watch seasonal anime from the 80s onwards upto now, newfag, and pay close attention to the visuals. That will give you knowledge on industry practices. Uchi no Maid, Irozuku Sekai, Bunny Girl Senpai, Zombieland Saga, Akanesasu Shoujo etc.. just from the same fucking season do the same thing. This is standard corner cutting, just more egregious aside from Bunny Girl Senpai and Akanesasu Shoujo which are actually even worse than Gridman. Lurk moar and get better at identifying it.

Tiger and bunny is better than this fucking trash you mega autsit.

>Uchi no Maid, Irozuku Sekai, Bunny Girl Senpai, Zombieland Saga, Akanesasu Shoujo
I don't remember these having any sort of mecha battles trying to emulate tokusatsu.
I am perfectly aware that there are shows that use CG because it is easier to use in certain situations. But that does nothing to counter my point.
Just because these shows exists doesn't mean there aren't shows that use CG for artistic reasons.

Honestly this
We wouldn't have as many retarded Rikkafags with underages rushing to be the first one to type "Yuuta is so lucky lol I said the line guys" if it wasn't for him

lmaooooooo whats with that design

I want to fuck Rikka just like every heterosexual man in the world but that's not the only reason why I liked that show.

Stop being dense on purpose. You're missing the point, read the post again.

Your point seems to be that these shows use bad CG to cut corners so of course Gridman is doing the same. But the CG used in Gridman doesn't resemble those you mentioned so I fail to see how they are relevant.

>The buildings are 3dcg because it is simply easier to animate 3d objects in a 3d space
Thanks for proving my point.

>And the vehicle I already said they are made to bounce like toy cars.
That bouncing movement is not inherent to 3dcg. They just don't want to make the effort to draw it because cgi can be used to cut corners now. Same reason you conceded with your earlier point.

>It isn't the cheapest.
In this context it most certainly is. Again you need to lurk more. It was done by a 3dcg studio called Graphinica. These kinds of studios specialize in corner cutting for anime. They fucking talked about this in Shirobako. They will already have assets set up for this stuff.

>Do you know how cheap 2d animators are.
They are grossly underpaid, yes.

>Of course it would because the technology didn't exist. It wouldn't look at convincing though I am sure.
But now since there's a way to cut corners that's what we get. There you go.

>Perhaps you can but the amount of time it would take to reach the same level would be inexcusable for a TV-anime.
Bullshit. Overproduction and bad scheduling is a curse on the industry. You should take the time to do something well as opposed to quickly production low quality shit.

>The CG is rarely in a position to be compared to the characters and vegetation. I surely don't remember any particular jarring shots.
I guess i'll need to make a compilation for future QUALITY threads and to jog your memory.

>You obviously didn't. You had your bias and simply applied it to this show without thinking about it.
No i am critical with other shows too. You're now trying to damage control and further projecting in the process.

>I am not a buyfag, so I doubt I have contributed to much of anything.
Critical reception matters.

>Your point seems to be that these shows use bad CG to cut corners so of course Gridman is doing the same.
Not quite you imbecile. I'm saying it closely follows the industry trend of placement of corner cutting cgi in recent years, this does indicate that the cgi is being used as a handicap. It's what my best judgement tells me and what anyone with common sense can conclude.

>But the CG used in Gridman doesn't resemble those you mentioned so I fail to see how they are relevant.
It does. It's used for vehicles and urban structures in Uchi no Maid, just like Gridman. Uchi no maid also paints it's vegetation just like gridman. This has been the industry trend for years now, mechanical and background sakuga is practically dead. No one wants to put the work in and this is a particularly bad example. Stop further embarrassing yourself. This show is trash compared to something well produced like MP100.

>Thanks for proving my point.
>since it would look out of place
Nice to see that you took out the second part of that to make it fit your point better.

>They just don't want to make the effort to draw it because cgi can be used to cut corners now. Same reason you conceded with your earlier point
What makes you think it is about the effort? Even high budget anime movies have CGI. What is the point of animating the car in 2d when you can just as well do it 3d and then it will mesh better with the 3d buildings and the monster and Gridman fighting. To have random inclusion in the 3DCG parts would be jarring and look out of place. So I am not sure why you are advocating for that.

> It was done by a 3dcg studio called Graphinica. These kinds of studios specialize in corner cutting for anime. They fucking talked about this in Shirobako. They will already have assets set up for this stuff.
They might have some assets set up like the cars, because why wouldn't they just use them cars aren't that different from each other. But they won't have Gridman, the upgrades or the monsters already in assets.

>Overproduction and bad scheduling is a curse on the industry. You should take the time to do something well as opposed to quickly production low quality shit.
Yes, but that doesn't mean you can take infinite amount of time to do something. Why not use the technology at hand that does a specific thing a lot better and achieves the desired effect.

>It's used for vehicles and urban structures in Uchi no Maid, just like Gridman
The obvious difference being there is a point behind it in Gridman.

>Tiger and bunny
Seriously? Have you literally never watched Tokusatsu in your life? I don't expect you to have seen the original Gridman, but even the most famous Ultraman shows should give you an idea of what we are talking here. Fucking american Power Rangers would.

What point is there to using cgi for vehicles other than to cut corners? They're not even consistent with it.

>Nice to see that you took out the second part of that to make it fit your point better.
It was a nonsense point. How on earth would it look out of place? There would be no cgi.

>Even high budget anime movies have CGI.
Now, since it's available to cut corners. They didn't used to have any cgi.

>What is the point of animating the car in 2d when you can just as well do it 3d and then it will mesh better with the 3d buildings and the monster and Gridman fighting. To have random inclusion in the 3DCG parts would be jarring and look out of place. So I am not sure why you are advocating for that.
There would obviously be no 3dcg.

>They might have some assets set up like the cars, because why wouldn't they just use them cars aren't that different from each other. But they won't have Gridman, the upgrades or the monsters already in assets.
They WILL have the asses required for generic cost cutting procedures like vehicles. Again they fucking said this in Shirobako, there are even corner cutting 3dcg studios pure dedicated to 3d vehicles for 2d anime. But sure, they wont have the models for that other stuff but it sure is fucking cheaper, faster and easier than animating a detailed model 24 times a second, with lighting for extended periods of time.

>Yes, but that doesn't mean you can take infinite amount of time to do something.
Sure and i'm not saying that but they should make sure to take the amount of time necessary to make it great.

>Why not use the technology at hand that does a specific thing a lot better and achieves the desired effect.
And here we are at the core of your issue. Because sakuga is beautiful and because art shouldn't be dictated by economics. If you've seen stuff like Flip Flappers or MP100 the maybe you can see my point. Stop enabling cgi abuse, stop enabling this affront to art.

Look how amazing this is? Why couldn't Gridman get this treatment?
youtube.com/watch?v=U0WdUsip1is

Because the cars are used as props in the fight scenes.

Being used as a prop is not inherent to 3dcg. It's literally fucking done to cut corners as animating it by hand would be more difficult. I can't believe you're defending this blatant schlock.

>It was a nonsense point. How on earth would it look out of place? There would be no cgi.
I assumed that the fight scenes would still be 3DCG since there is no way you would be able to effectively get the same effect with 2d animation especially considering that there are no animators educated to do that specific thing, since there has never been a need to animate something to look like tokusatsu before.

>Now, since it's available to cut corners. They didn't used to have any cgi.
Even shit like EoE and CCA used CGI.

>But sure, they wont have the models for that other stuff but it sure is fucking cheaper, faster and easier than animating a detailed model 24 times a second, with lighting for extended periods of time.
Entirely dependent on the amount of time they would put into it and as I say you can justify spending the amount of time required for that on a TV-anime.

>Sure and i'm not saying that but they should make sure to take the amount of time necessary to make it great.
And I am saying that the amount of time it would take to make it even as good is unproportional to the result especially when you can already do it with 3DCG.

>Because sakuga is beautiful and because art shouldn't be dictated by economics
There is nothing wrong with how the Gridman fight scenes look.

>If you've seen stuff like Flip Flappers or MP100 the maybe you can see my point
And those shows goes for a entirely different thing than what Gridman is going for. There is room for there to exists different kind of anime in this world.

>Stop enabling cgi abuse, stop enabling this affront to art.
CGI is also art.

>Look how amazing this is? Why couldn't Gridman get this treatment?
Not only is there not a lot of mechanical animation there it also doesn't look like tokusatsu, so it wouldn't fit Gridman.

>Being used as a prop is not inherent to 3dcg
It is being used as a 3d prop in a 3d fight scene taking place in a 3d space. Wouldn't 2d cars be out of place.
>It's literally fucking done to cut corners as animating it by hand would be more difficult
Just because it is easier to animate the 3d model doesn't mean there aren't any other benefits.

Based.

Attached: 151161651566.jpg (1051x591, 100K)

>It is being used as a 3d prop in a 3d fight scene taking place in a 3d space.
>OH NOOOO the rest of the corner cutting cgi compromises it

>Wouldn't 2d cars be out of place.
Obviously not, if they aren't using 3dcg to cut corners anywhere else.

>Just because it is easier to animate the 3d model doesn't mean there aren't any other benefits.
Those benefits stem from that. That's what makes 3d cgshit more economically attractive to business trying to make a profit and what kills 2d animation. It's not worth it especially when the cgi has become sterile due to rampant cost cutting.

Attached: 19891204879352091734785.jpg (1000x563, 141K)

Tiger & Bunny was made to be closer to cape comics not toku; the staff even said that they wanted to get the older office worker audience that was no longer interested in anime but still watched american hero stuff.
Tiger & Bunny is cape heroes and some of them are wearing Iron man style suits, it isn't meant to be toku. Samflam was more on the toku said than taibani.

There are things that are simply so hard to do in 2d that they simply aren't done, but can be done easily in 3d. One of those things would be to animate something to specifically look like tokusatsu.
It is insane to suggest that there are never an artistic reason to use 3DCG.

>since there is no way you would be able to effectively get the same effect with 2d animation especially considering that there are no animators educated to do that specific thing, since there has never been a need to animate something to look like tokusatsu before.
So we should never try? There's a first for everything and remember actual animators are not trained anymore because they are not needed. They are no longer needed because 3dcg can fill the role of mise en scène even if it falls short elsewhere.

>Even shit like EoE and CCA used CGI.
I'm well aware. That doesn't contradict what i've said.

>Entirely dependent on the amount of time they would put into it and as I say you can justify spending the amount of time required for that on a TV-anime.
Did you mean to say "can't"?

>And I am saying that the amount of time it would take to make it even as good is unproportional to the result especially when you can already do it with 3DCG.
I disagree.

>There is nothing wrong with how the Gridman fight scenes look.
Hideous photorealistic smoke and ps2 looking trite? Sure retard.

>And those shows goes for a entirely different thing than what Gridman is going for.
Doesn't matter in this context.

>There is room for there to exists different kind of anime in this world.
This rolls off the tongue well do you actually realize what you're saying? 3DCG is preventing that. In this case, being passive is basically endorsing the death of art.

>CGI is also art.
Yes, 3d cgshit is art. So is lazy shit, so is bland shit, so is unimpressive shit, so is generic shit, so is creatively bankrupt trite like this. """""""""""""""""""art""""""""""""""""""" is anything. I could shoot and kill people to prevent them from making a type of art i dislike. The very act of doing that would also be an artform.

You know what? All I'm going to say is this. Next time you defend this cancer just keep in mind that businesses are out to make a profit and that there is an inherent economic bias towards using 3dcg. It's why it's becoming increasingly prevalent and why mecha is basically on life support right now. Last reply from me.

Mecha is on life-support because people don't care about mecha anymore unless it is Gundam. If the audience existed there would be someone making it.

There was no reason to fuck up Code Geass or IV, for example, with 3dcg except greed. And aside from this, mechanics are effectively all done in 3dcg now. Fucking shit like 3dcg cars ruin every modern show.

They ruined the new flcl anime with fuckng 3dcg mechanics just bcuase thay can do that now.

kek