With anime becoming more and more mainstream...

With anime becoming more and more mainstream, could there be an American and Japanese co-production that airs in both countries? Would it still be considered an anime? Can it be a successful?

Attached: NicePng_american-flag-png_130404.png (2000x1500, 652K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=23zhXHFHnXo
youtube.com/watch?v=k0ELiXylCiE
youtube.com/watch?v=UJyIR0Z-LhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't decilman crybaby fit the bill?

It could be really kino.

Attached: 1558633191413.jpg (1315x1050, 201K)

I'm sure there already are few anime like that.

>sjw shit
Nah.

Neo Yokio.

Attached: 1561467195980.png (847x512, 541K)

Given how most anime these days are just animated adaptations, we need something similar to the light novel industry where someone can write a novel, submit it, and when it's a winning entry, it's guaranteed an animated adaptation.

Fuck america

Attached: images.jpg (281x180, 17K)

I'd watch an "anime" that was calarts style but had a non-pozzed Japanese cultural influence.

Already happened and it was meh

There are those Marvel anime like the Iron Man one and Heroman for an anime original. It even had a Stan Lee cameo.

There are already a few and most of them aren't allowed on Yea Forums, as it should be.

Fuck Jewmerica. No thanks

>American and Japanese co-production
There have been a few, but typically it's American producers using Japanese animation studios. Most American animation "talent" isn't presently compatible with Japanese styles.

>could there be an Japanese and country-that-ruins-everything-they-involved co-production that airs in both countries?
Nope

>With anime becoming more and more mainstream, could there be an American and Japanese co-production
Afro Samurai
Space Dandy
Nu-FLCL

>could there be an American and Japanese co-production
It can be nice as long as Americans do not shove their political correctness into an anime. My heart would not take an anime adaptation of a manga where all white character suddenly were turned into niggers.

>the nose gets bigger and reaches taiwan
no thanks

Sadly that won't happen as animation being "kiddie shit" is ingrained our culture and isn't going away any time soon.

I hope the fuck not, America is cancer

What American involvement did Space Dandy have?

>animation being "kiddie shit"
Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, Rick and Morty, probably a lot of other shit. Aren't those aimed at adults and air on big networks?

The key factor is that those are all cartoon comedies. They are for adults, yes, but they are not to be taken seriously.

Aimed at adults, still considered kid shows.

Bakugan reboot is that. It shoved all the SJW pandering characters into itself, just look at it.

Attached: mZrgUYN.png (2135x1596, 1.91M)

Yeah, and that's why the animation itself in all of these sucks

and compare it to the original
night and day visible difference

Attached: 7271-1917148704.jpg (705x402, 59K)

I think Cartoon Network might have ponied up some cash, but don't quote me on that.

An American anime would literally contain everything that would be so anti-anime

Go back to whatever garbage board you came from.

It would ruin why I watched anime, because as shit as a lot of it is there is some creative and interesting things, visuals and ideas in it. While American animation is a race to the bottom with shit storylines and reboot after reboot

Lurk more faggot and try not to ruin anime too much while you're at it.

When you losers were watching pokemon, dragonball, and sailor moon, I was watching Spider Riders (2006).
>Production company(s): Cookie Jar Entertainment, Bee Train, P.A.Works (season 1)
>Original network: Teletoon (Canada), TV Tokyo/Kids Station (Japan)

You mean like Space Dandy, the new FLCL series, numerous netflix collaborations, and hollywood adapted movies? Not to mention numerous older cartoon series in the 90s used to get japanese studios to do some animation for them until everything became lazy flash shit.

We're already living in that age.

Americans providing some funding isn't what OP's talking about.

>No Julie
into the trash it goes

Attached: 4e8724dea617470fb9eacf2b6cfe849e.jpg (1050x800, 90K)

what's with these fucking reddit threads? This is an imageboard, not a forum for fuck's sake

Attached: go_back.jpg (396x382, 13K)

>pokemon, dragonball, and sailor moon
That's a completely different generation though. Still glad I wasn't the only one who watched it.
Did they fug?

Attached: 2018_9_3_b70f5699-f7ea-4b97-93e6-665ff8c26247_jpg_1920x1080.jpg (500x281, 33K)

God I hope not

If you mix shit water, which is the American entertainment industry, with clean water, which is the Japanese animation industry, all you do is dirt the water that was previously clean.

I want Americans and euros to keep the fuck away from anime.

Look into the bunch of shitty Neetflix anime.

>Amerimutts adding anything of value to a creative process
Oh I'm laffin.

No. Fuck off, America would kill anime if they got their hands on it.
t. American

>Would it still be considered an anime?
No.

>could there be an American and Japanese co-production that airs in both countries
That's how SocJus plans on destroying Anime. So, I fucking hope that never happens. Those cancerous fucksticks are already trying it by buying out Japanese companies (Sony) and using them to buy up the Anime/Manga market.

Attached: Draenei gas chamber.png (595x594, 519K)

The shitstorm on Yea Forums would be great though.
t. Canadian

No.

First they must learn what moe and cuteness is and accept it fully.

Without beauty AND youth there is no hope of success.

Attached: D8vFO_dUIAAZHQn.jpg (1500x1186, 415K)

There are a few, but it's nothing compared to China's influence in the industry.

I sure fucking hope not because I don't want Japanese media to be further tainted by new-age American puritanism.
Don't want to see a series where a 15 year old kid decapitating an alien would be all fine and natural but a 15 year old girl wearing a bikini would incite national outrage.

Even the 15 year old kid itself being decapitated is probably more acceptable than being in a bikini.
American morals are fucked.

>First they must learn what moe and cuteness is and accept it fully.
What is moe? Please use very specific and tangible wordage

It's already happening.
What do you think simulcasts and simuldubs are?

I want America to appreciate violence AND nudity again. That's the way it used to be. That was the golden age of entertainment.

>america anime weeb
In nihonese anime literally means cartoon you fucking low-class weebs

Attached: 1561489555802.jpg (460x690, 43K)

Wasn't that what Space Dandy was and it flopped horribly despite being a pretty good show.

Attached: 1559820262057.gif (288x374, 480K)

It literally means animation. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people think it's a Japanese translation of cartoon.

>joke

I used the appropriate word. If you want to know open your mind and watch all this:

youtube.com/watch?v=23zhXHFHnXo
youtube.com/watch?v=k0ELiXylCiE
youtube.com/watch?v=UJyIR0Z-LhE

>Wasn't that what Space Dandy was
No it wasn't, ledouche.

Is there any collboration between the two that has actually used the opportunity of international cooperation to produce a holistic complete work that tells a good story instead of just trying to supplant the work with dumb bullshit?

WRONG AGAIN. Anime literally means chinese cartoooons bruh. Get in the times

Attached: 1396064866258.gif (310x310, 1.48M)

so moe is CGDCT?

What the fuck does America bring the table in terms of production other then funding in this scenario? And at that point its basically licensing.

Do we not have Castlevania? I mean, there's also RWBY, which Japan manages to like.

What should be done is that, the committee system has to be a joint US-Japan thing. A committee is created to seek out stories made in and out of Japan. A winning entry gets published and then, we get an animated adaptation.

I mean, it has to be a Japanese publisher to pick up a story while the studios known to be animeesque handle the animated adaptation.

Watch all 3 videos completely. Only then you will have enough happy moe energy to begin to understand what it is.

a tad too long desu

Russia and Japan made First Squad, there was so much shit scrapped in an obscure music video, I wonder what happened during production.

>Castlevania
>dude what if the church is bad hahaha like in the games
>dude what if we got rid of one of the main characters in the game and replaced him with an evil priest fuck organized religion haha
>dude what if alucard and trevor cussed like sailors, just like in the game hahaha
thanks so much Warren Ennis and Netflix I love this shit!!

seriously where the fuck did they get all the antireligion shit, the third game starts with the MC praying

>Do we not have Castlevania? I mean, there's also RWBY, which Japan manages to like.
Bad examples but it doesn't matter. Whenever an animation tackles mature themes competently (no Family Guy-tier shit), western culture will ignore it because "it's a cartoon".

>we need something similar to the light novel industry
Western literature is already garbage. We don't need more.

Warren Ellis can't write non-edgy shit to save his life.

yes, but we use the term for the distinction. Would you prefer us to say "Japanimation?"

I am pretty sure Ninja Scroll was made on American money

>Japanimation

Attached: 1560119600901.gif (266x148, 1.94M)

What about Love, Death, and Robots?

>America
No thank you. Even France would be better than America.

Yes?
The whole "is it anime" is fucking dumb anyways, call them what they are, animated shows aka Cartoons, they just happen to mainly aim towards teens and creepy adults with way too much money to spend on anime figures.

Hopefully no.