Explain

Attached: misatobath.jpg (350x240, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.inkei.net/vagina/a/shinji_ikari!misato_katsuragi
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3970420
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

drunken sluts usually don't make for best anything

She's ok at best

Worst choice, what a piece of shit Misato is.
I respect those who waifu Ritsuko more than Misato.

Her promising to bang shinji never made sense to me

>respecting anyone who waifus

Pedophilic rapist.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion - 25' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][80C45029] (1920x1080, 198K)

Motivate him to get in eva

Says the guy whose waifu is 14 years old

>this boy sees me as a mother replacement
>better kiss him in the mouth!
Fitting.

>best girl
>misato
honestly, I can't understands this meme

All the girls are horrible people. I'll hang out with Kaji or Toji

It's okay when women do it.

And promise him sex

What people don't get is that the fanservice was supposed to make you uncomfortable, rei is a fucking clone of his mother and asuka was a bitch

Nah, just Toji.
Kaji is messed up too, just hides it a bit better.

>Not wanting to kiss ur mom in the mouth

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

That just makes it hotter in all 3 cases.

Rei is a clone of Shinji's mother, not mine.

It's not like this was her last resort to motivate a teenager to save the world or anything. Hell isn't she bleeding out in this scene too?

Attached: 1563353853845.png (264x269, 24K)

She offered sex in an earlier episode.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 23' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][78ADF63D].mkv_snapshot_14.29.306. (1440x1080, 165K)

Rei would look terrifying in real life.

Misato is a broken individual who tries to connect with people through sex.

The kiss fucked him up more if anything.
She had been doing ok with her speech after she finally realized yelling at a depressed child does not get results, but had to fuck it up by making out with him.
Probably was bleeding out into his mouth as she did it.

If you're talking about Rei/Asuka, they're almost 30. And Mari, ~50 years old.

>used goods

Attached: 1537751811266.jpg (700x483, 28K)

>shitty, underdeveloped goods

Only based answer.

Nigger do you even remember what happened next?

I liked Misato ever since 18 years back when I first saw it on german tv. Back then she was this sexy older woman and now I am a nearly a decade older than her. Feels bad man.

It's not okay
It's hot

For the longest time I was thinking that I was a Reifag but after rewatching the series again after years. I just realized that Rei barely got any screentime.

Asuka is clearly the superior character and best girl.

Why not both?

Attached: 1559615595371.jpg (1131x1600, 353K)

Where did Asuka's left arm go?

Are you dumb? Are you daft? Show itself explained it

Attached: neon_genesis_evangelion-episode-26-19-30_2015-02-11_03-31-02.jpg (704x480, 48K)

>Probably was bleeding out into his mouth as she did it.
take out that 'probably', he wiped his mouth in the elevator and saw her blood come out.

MPE fight

It's just right. The only shame is that this wasn't his actual mother and only a mother figure.

Attached: B33C2B93-8187-48D1-8FD0-C0740E4DC6E2.jpg (800x1130, 235K)

Jesus, I need some eyebleach after this.

Ritsuko was even more of a piece of shit though. Did you actually watch the series?

You kept living, so it's good.

I have more if you like.

Attached: 42A54045-0B0E-41B9-8892-FFE7BB8CBD84.jpg (800x1035, 152K)

Attached: B4C119BE-4713-469A-9FB1-6560C53864C8.jpg (768x1024, 616K)

Attached: 0C3A9721-2677-4DCA-92EB-810DDE039686.png (960x1474, 508K)

Attached: 51A7DDC9-EB0C-49C1-887A-5A4C14EAC55B.jpg (1000x627, 77K)

I think EVA 1995 series almost made sense until the last 3 episodes and the 1997 movie (which was split like in two episodes)
What was the point of introducing the 5th Children only to get him kill the next episode by EVA Doc?

Attached: thanksdoc.jpg (1021x768, 341K)

Because he was an angel, so he needed to die during the episode to fit into the monster of the week format.

Kowaru is just part of the instrumentality process.

It's the whole instrumentality process that I just don't understand.

Think of the universe as a mother and shinji as a child taking his first steps, the mother urges him on.

I only liked Misato when she is acting like a classy lady but I guess it was just appearance, but didn't like her when was acting like a slut and then went to fuck Kaji just barely after Shinji 'recovered' his body after getting out of the EVA.

Attached: anybody will do.jpg (1021x768, 326K)

Instrumentality was Seele's objective. Gendo followed it after Yui's accident.

Nah Misato is an extremely sympathetic character, even more so than Asuka and rei in certain ways

She comes from a broken home and absentee parents much like shinji, rei, asuka, and she sees the big similarities from her viewpoint as a 29 yo looking a struggling 14 yo pilots. So she tries to provide a caring home environment for Asuka and shinji (sorry rei) and balance her authority and easygoingness.

Watching NGE the first time, it’s easy to tunnel vision on shinjis experience living in a new home and having the pilot responsibility, but on rewatches I pay more and more attention to how difficult and self-giving misato must be to take 2 troubled adolescents into her home and try to raise them to be people

What if she ended alone with shinji at the end?

>Rebuild

Attached: e7953522ab90fd8878d331f6c3018278.png (500x367, 315K)

I thought her strong classy lady facade and her true tormented reality were what made her lovable 2bh. You could sympathise with her decision making given the shit she's seen.

What if there was a harem end?

Attached: 410e3f67d23214492b42b0e96e62f851.jpg (1091x1000, 219K)

Sounds kinky.

Attached: 1560319637883.jpg (1280x1847, 275K)

What if shinji ended up alone with Yui

CHIGAU
CHIGAU
CHIGAU

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - 25 - Do you love me..mkv_snapshot_13.29.jpg (1440x1080, 730K)

>cake
>used goods
>Drunk

>best girl

It's the only way to deal with the waifu war.

>ending up with eva 01

Attached: 1533010931322.jpg (1894x1024, 477K)

Not a perfect ending but still more optimistic that the one with Asuka. Now that I think about it, literally any other option would be happier than ending up with Asuka.

Misato is a manipulative drunk who ruined shinji's life

Ritsuko should've realized that both her job and her relationship with Gendo will not lead to anything good, and instead spent her time doing gay things with Maya.

According to certain sources, Shinji would be up to the task, at least physically speaking.

Attached: 1550983354179 (1).png (1047x1500, 1.65M)

My interpretation wasn't that she promised him sex, because she knew she was dying, but that she promised him a future where he could have an intimate relationship with someone.
I'm not sure whether to interpret as offering sex or comforting, considering how twisted Misato's perception of affection is in the Case Analysis episodes, but I guess I'm just giving her the benefit of the doubt for wanting to be a good mother to Shinji, considering how much she cares for him.

After everything that they've been through, Asuka probably can understand Shinji better than most other people could. They really aren't all that different, if you think about it.
It makes sense for them both to show up on that beach in the end.

Agreed on the good mother part, although I think the show makes it ambiguous (maybe intentionally) sometimes with the 2 instances you mentioned

It's fitting thematically but in terms of achieving maximum level of happiness I'm not so sure. Asuka is a textbook example narcissist and narcissism, while managable, is pretty much incurable. So while she may have a better understanding of Shinji's psyche, living with her is always going to be constant struggle. Just because two people may understand each other better doesn't mean they're a good company for each other. Shinji needs somebody more emotionally mature than him. Putting together two mentally deranged people will always only result in them pulling one another down.

>eva girls are so shit the MC goes gay for angel boy
Brilliant show, anno.

Attached: 1402787229287.jpg (234x127, 11K)

Asuka is 14, she still has time for natural maturity to soften some of the narcisism, if the experience of instrumentality wasn't an eye opener

Misato never tried to raise Asuka, she was brought in for the sync training, and after they basically just maintained status quo.
And Misato taking Shinji into her house was her way to ease her own conscious over him piloting, and to try and be less lonely.

Source?

You are retardedly biased if you think there was no ounce of selflessness and good will in Misato's actions. Regardless of her motivations, the outcome was that the pilots didn't have to live alone and bear all the burden all by themselves, especially Shinji who benefited greatly from the homely experience up to a point. All things considered Misato took her role of being essentially a child soldier handler with more compassion than anybody else in NERV.

That's not how it works, once the narcissistic personality sets in it's there for good. It doesn't help that Asuka's conditioning was on the extremely extreme end and took place during her most crucial formative years. She would need extensive counseling and there's nobody there to offer it. On top of all heir current predicament is definitely not a situation that would promote softening of a character, if anything their personalities would shift toward more harsh and pragmatic ones. In extreme situations personalities also become more extreme.

Definitely this.
But I'm reminded of a scene early on where Misato has to go to Shinji's parent conference thing, and he apologizes to her and she says something like "it's ok, it's my job" and he gets a little sad because he think it's not for him, but for her occupation at Nerv.
So it's a bit of both.

It’s spelled okay.

>that oral hygiene

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 02 [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][C08EC897]_00:13:34.062.jpg (1440x1080, 308K)

Try again, loser. It's "Okily Dokily"

I genuinely think a lot of people don’t realize it’s spelled okay and not ok.

So it's not ok?

Misato was the only one who had any kind of compassion for the children. Everybody else in NERV were very matter-of-factly about it.

>OK (spelling variations include okay, O.K., and ok) is an American English word denoting approval, acceptance, agreement, assent, acknowledgment, or a sign of indifference.

Can you really blame shinji, though?

Attached: 2ml0xu.jpg (500x667, 115K)

OK, O.K., ok, and okay are all acceptable spellings as they are phonetically identical and convey the same meaning. Also, no one can agree on the etymology.

OK was first, possibly an abbreviation of "oll korrect" but no confirmation

Eve the bridge dyke would lay still and think of Ritsuko for the sake of continuing the species.

Och aye!

Ah i see OP is a man of taste!

It really is. Who wants a disgusting hairy gorilla bearing down on them. As opposed to an experienced woman who is pretty and smells like cherries

>Kowaru as a trap
That's just cheating.

Attached: 1541353507430.png (223x200, 13K)

Sure, but you’re also speculating on someone’s potential for development. It’s not like all paths to maturity follow a determined route

But Kaworu is not real.

I also thought it was Shinji's illusion.

>drunken sluts usually don't make for best anything

Except for sex.

Yes he is, his name is Ikuhara.

Attached: ikuni.jpg (1069x1504, 845K)

>Except for sex.
Not in 2015+4.

>just want a companion
>get a smarmy faggot who won't stop proselytizing up about nature of humanity and other lofty gibberish you don't give a crap about and who won't stop smiling creepily
Only somebody as far gone as Shinji would fall for that insufferable faggot.

Shinji wasn't even listening to what he was saying, he was just staring at his pretty face.
I would too desu

Attached: nge2.png (860x587, 668K)

Her speech worked, she got through to him with the talk about how he couldn't be a child anymore, he'd have to decide what he wants and how to proceed or he'd just die, and to not be discouraged if he's not always totally assured of what he's doing because it won't mean he's just failed to mature altogether. He shut up for all of that and he gives the softest "yeah" in the world at the end, and then the kiss. Misato's framing this like Shinji is an adult now and he really will be if he survives and comes back, but still clearly views him as her boy. Inappropriate mommy is frenching him goodbye and saying he has to be big because she's shot in the lung and knows he'll be on his own now no matter what.

Attached: 1540478321079.png (1200x813, 75K)

He may be in-universe pretty but IRL his dorito face and retard smile pisses me off.

That's just NGE artstyle, I can see how the perpetually smug smile could piss you off though

Attached: 40.jpg (1400x1100, 966K)

MISATO
愛してる TT

>kissing is rape

>touching someone's hand to comfort them is an offer of sex

Attached: zpj5pyymqlxz.jpg (844x551, 61K)

Seven Six One Zed Three

Sorry, mobile sucks shit for getting onto Panda.

>there are as many truths as there are people
There's something rather insidious about that statement. There's as many points of view as there are people, surely.

>old hag
>best anything.

>Except for sex.
and sexual assault allegations 10 years after

>Only somebody as far gone as Shinji would fall for that insufferable faggot.
it works for every cult recruiter

Only if you have money though. No point if your vict- I m-mean rapist has no money for criminal compensation.

Oh no, it's clear about having only the impression of self to use as a reference for understanding everything else in the universe and that also going for everybody else. The Judeo-Christian references are theming for visuals and names, but it means the theory of mind stuff, there isn't objective truth in Eva's setting.

In the year of our Lord; Two Thousand and Nineteen, Yea Forums is still unable to recognize EVA Unit 01 as best girl.

Sad.

Attached: 9a2660455422d2974aaf1385ee69b0ee.jpg (771x960, 164K)

Yui is the most despicable and diabolical character in the franchise, that is the one thing that should be agreed on.

Would fugg.

Attached: eva_01 best grill.jpg (727x1000, 80K)

I'm beginning to wonder what else she did to get her positions of power at NERV.

Apparently she was born into it, her family was part of SEELE.

I take issue with his looks precisely because they clash with other characters designs. His face is freakishly wide. Nobody but him has such wide face. Typically any departure from the "standard" face (Shinji, Misato) would have characters having a slightly more narrow and elongated faces, not wider. Apparently for Sadamoto having an unearthly beautiful face equalled to a face unearthly wide.

Only about 4% of reported rapes are false accusations.

He's smiling because he knows how terrible he can be.

Attached: Kaworu-x-Shinji-yaoi-16879045-300-400.jpg (300x400, 106K)

I don't see it. His face actually looks thinner than Shinji's to me. But it's not as if Eva was ever consistent in its artstyle.

Attached: im_32057.jpg (3952x3058, 2.59M)

She introduced Gendo to Seele, where he was apparently a bad enough motherfucker between 1999 and 2000 to go from outsider to trusted with handling Second Impact, and he may also have had something to do with Kiel himself going from field agent to apparent leader of the organization. Then Evas, Yui understood what they were doing so far in advance of everybody that none of them caught on to what she'd done and they spent the next 10 years of development just recreating the accident she staged.

Attached: 1540911600540.jpg (930x1221, 156K)

I have no idea what to look for, seriously interested though

I don't know either, OP.

them 3dpd drunk bitches aint getting to my autism bucks

Rather than all the Rebuild crap I wish Anno made a Gendo prequel

So that means many of the reported rapes are convicted on bullshit then? It's not like our legal system would be persuaded by media influence or threats or anything. That never happens.

Well you probably don't get any, let alone drunk sex.

Attached: 1533397237843.png (535x687, 379K)

>So that means many of the reported rapes are convicted on bullshit then?
I don't see how you came to this conclusion.

that's the plan

If you watched the scene in the bedroom in 23 and thought it wasn't Misato making a pass at him you don't know shit about cinematography.

>cinematography
sometimes a chair is just a chair my dude.

His on-screen proportions look weird to me compared to the other characters. The combination of his face and hair makes him look like a transplant from another series like Yu Yu Hakusho or something.

Attached: 16h54m40s343.png (960x720, 487K)

Reifags haven mental issues.

He is supposed to look wierd.
That is the point. All the other characters that are not Shinji call him a wierdo.

The face of a snake.

I'd argue it's definitely intentional.
He's not a human like the other characters, he's an angel - and his design reflects that. I like it.
It's unsettling beauty.

Attached: br2.png (1920x1080, 3.25M)

>had sex for a week straight

Disgusting

Allison Keith Misato best Misato

You can wax poetic all you want, but if you're a weeb you just know that a pretty white-silverish haired fuccboi means trouble at the very least and demon rape at the absolute worst.

Name one thing that Ritsuko actually did wrong.

>unsettling beauty
Kek. Chinman McSnakesmile.

Asuka > Rei > Misato > shit >>>>>> Ritsuko

>addicted to sex that she will do it for a week straight
>then goes on a roughly 10 year long dry spell, despite indulging in other things like drinking
Most unrealistic part of Eva.

She fucked Gendo. Was complicit in dehumanization of Rei and the cruel experiments.

He's the one that created that trope in the first place.

Fucked her would be stepdad, killed a bunch of Rei-to-bes, dyed her hair but not her eyebrows, ignored the cute lesbian.

This was me except I also grew up and got my shit together irl and didn't like the quiet idealized Rei that much anymore. I like how rude and crude Asuka is because it means I can talk shit back and forth and then start choking her

Excellent taste OP. These fucking virgins on this board

Fucking Gendo was her mistake, doesn't make her a bad person
Gendo is the main reason Rei is dehumanized
The Rei clones she destroyed were souless husks, she never actually committed harm against Rei herself.

>She fucked Gendo
Weird choice, but I think she's a consenting adult. I don't think that counting Gendo as some sort of stepdad is not legitimate, since he has never actually fulfilled the role of a father towards Ritsuko (or Shinji)
>Was complicit in dehumanization of Rei
Would-be containers of Rei's soul aren't human.
>cruel experiments
Which experiment would you classify as unjustifiably cruel? They are trying to protect humanity from total annihilation. She also reflects on the stress the children have to endure.
>dyed her hair but not her eyebrows, ignored the cute lesbian
Fair enough. Changing her hairstyle was a mistake altogether.

People like you are retarded and don't understand the point of Rei's character at all. She's neither idealized nor meant to be "creepy". Fuck off with your pedestrian takes.

Hideaki Anno instructed Yoshiyuki Sadamoto on Rei's character design that "Whatever else, she needs to be painted in as a bitterly unhappy young girl with little sense of presence."

The whole this with Rei was so very wrong and Ritsuko was a bad person for agreeing to be in on it. She said she despised her mother because she fucked Gendo after his wife had died but what she did was so much worse and so much more pathetic.

>she never actually committed harm against Rei herself.
How about experimenting on her and keeping her in that underground "dungeon" she called her "room" and a place where she was raised. How is that not child abuse?

>organization
This, it fucks me up how in the end she got exactly what she wanted.
But maybe she is the who got fucked over in the end because she will live forever in isolation. Did Gendo's soul get inside the EVA when she ate him? Are they gonna be together or is he just plain dead?
Honestly I never really thought about the Yui side of things in regards to EoE.

Eva-01 was in space when Gendo died

Didn't mean to quote >organization.

Attached: 1504502428753.jpg (433x380, 42K)

The scene has multiple symbols, physical contact and reaction to it, and it awkwardly drags on to illustrate the nature of the scene.
If you didn't get it or even instinctively feel it then you might actually have a developmental disability.

Perhaps shinji didn't want to have sex with an adult parental figure. especially when she was crying before about kaji's death.

F nerd

Yeah, which fits in nicely with her "case" at the end of ep 25 and what her character is actually about. Rei is first and foremost a victim of abuse, a person who had their entire agency and identity taken away from them. Her entire character arc revolves aroung how through her relationships her identity and agnecy is restored. Whoever thinks Rei was designed to be the perfect quiet waifu is seriously lacking in compassion.

>10 year long dry spell
(lol

But who did this to Gendo then?

Attached: mpv-shot0042.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Reminder that Shinji and Misato are perfect for each other.
en.inkei.net/vagina/a/shinji_ikari!misato_katsuragi

Attached: 1512671739145.png (1550x1210, 1.15M)

His Rei messenger

How old is Rei actually chronologically speaking
Like, how long was Rei I alive for before she died
>inb4 SHE'S LILITH SO BILLIONS OF YEARS

I think I believe her because I got the impression it was one or the other. She thinks about Second Impact in the dark and quiet, unless she has someone with her, or she can drink herself to sleep.

Attached: 1544466228373.jpg (1440x1080, 155K)

She literally tells Kaji he's the only one she's ever fucked and has zero reason to lie

Rei 1 could only have been made at a point after Yui's absorption into Eva-01 in 2004.
Rei 1 was killed by Naoko Agaki in 2010.
Series takes place in 2015.

That is all we really know. Presumably Rei 1 couldn't have been known as the First Child at any point since Gendo just introduced her to Akagi as a kid he was looking after, and there must be some sort of artifical growth acceleration involved.

Imagine fucking some drunk unconscious person and then tell yourself you're the victim because your dick forced you. That's as third worlder as it gets. Wanna stone the succubus too, Ahmed?

Gendo was killed because he was so inept at human interaction and regretted treating Shinji like shit so much his soul literally could not go into instrumentality?
Other people see who they liked the most, or something like that, so Gendo desired death so much after failing to trigger instrumentality for himself and being such a shit father he just committed soul suicide on a subconscious level?
She probably fucked Ritsuko once and both never brought it again.
I don't know about Rei I, but II started going to school in seventh grade.

Attached: mpv-shot0043.jpg (960x720, 137K)

Cause the reality is that high reported cases are built up on dubious evidence.

Imagine drunk people doing drunk things with other drunk people.
Imagine drunk women having "second thoughts" when she gets embarrassed in the morning.

Kill yourself.

So she was about physically 12 in about 2013

>m-muh dicc made me do it I dindu nuffin :(
Typical niggers incapable of being in control

21st Amendment was a mistake

>yo shinji, get in the robot
>we'll bang, okay?

Thanks Shinji
Now for the final dosage that is to kill me

>high reported cases
What does that mean? The reality is that the law is constructed in a way that makes it nearly impossible to prove anything "sufficiently". Even rape kit by itself is not a proof of rape, only proof of intercourse. Rape is basically free of punishment for over 90% of "definitely did it" rapists. And on top of that there are cases where the evidence and witness testimony is sufficient according to the law and the guy still walks free because "it was only one time" or "he's from a good family let's not ruin his future", to quote some recent judge's verdicts verbatim. The "false accusations" mentioned above refer to cases where the accusation is a premeditated lie, and those are actually very few and far between, they have their own very specific psychological profile. In reality when a women goes to the police and says she got raped, the probability of her telling the truth as about 90%. According to the FBI statistics, STATISTICALLY false rape reporting rates are no different than false theft or other crime reporting. In each case it's about 4-5%.

I don't think she's creepy at all, but she is a very quiet, dealized cute girl who in the end learns to grow mostly as a result if her interactions with the MC.

She's mostly just boring to me and most of her screentime is one or two word replies. Her inner monologues are good but since Rei is literally a God in a humans body they don't have the same affect on me as Shinji, Asuka or Misato's real human bean sections.
You seem extremely upset over somebody not liking Rei as much as you do.

I would honestly let him fuck me no homo

Idealised is subjective because what's ideal to some may not be to others, if you think her quietness is what makes her "ideal" then you need to go and reflect on what are your expectations from your ideal woman. Also it's got nothing to do with you liking her, it's the fact that you think typical behaviour of an abused person is cute and moe. Fuck off.

He'd fuck your ass with his snake tongue.

Yes that's why I liked her so much when I was younger and depressed. My idealized girl was quiet and submissive since I felt incapable of handling others with fiery or generally extroverted personalities. I always saw Rei's quietness and submissiveness to the MC as the series goes on to be the general 'ideal' of the shut-in otaku that Anno was trying to talk to, also. Of course I may be wrong but I feel like it melds well with the themes Anno was pushing. Her being a literal God and 'mother' figure to Shinji (as Yui) and mother figure to all humanity (as Lillith) also is a reason why I view her in that light.

>Also it's got nothing to do with you liking her, it's the fact that you think typical behaviour of an abused person is cute and moe.
I literally never implied this. Stop strawmanning you idiot. Go back to crying over wanting to die and return to mommy Rei you absolute joke of a human being.

Attached: 1408680132430s.jpg (211x173, 5K)

Used goods.

She's mostly submissive to Gendo the majority of the series. And then she refuses him in EoE.
That's not 'ideal' or 'pro-otaku' because it puts her in an independent light.

You don't have to imply anything moron, it's self evident. Kek, cope harder.

>How old is Rei actually chronologically speaking
She was definitely born after Yui died in 2004, but no latter than 2010 which is when she was first seen by other Nerv staff. So around 5 to 11 years old.

Where might one find this image uncropped?

>I don't know about Rei I, but II started going to school in seventh grade.
What grade were they in at that point?

>the guy getting upset over me not sharing the same opinion on his blue haired waifu thinks I'm coping

Nice projection you spear chucking neanderthal

I assume 8th grade

2nd year middle school so 8th

So Rei is at least 1 year old.

Rei II, yeah, but her consciousness is as old as Rei I

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3970420

The consciousness transferal isn't perfect though.

I always saw it as a majority of her positive character development being related to her relationship with Shinji, and how she gives the keys of Instrumentality to Shinji at the end as part of her 'otaku idealization'. This makes sense if you view Shinji as a self-insert/stand-in for the NEETs Anno was flinging shit at.

To Shinji, the self-insert, Rei becomes your literal mother figure as Yui, 'god' figure as Lillith, loves you so much she betrays her former 'master' Gendo and lets you decide the fate of humanity. On top of this you are one of the only people she ever smiles for and literally the only person she has ever said 'thank you' too, etc.

She is idealized in the sense that she transforms into a character that becomes an escape for Shinji since she symbolizes a mother figure that can always be returned to if the pain of reality becomes too much (like a bird refusing to leave its mothers nest) and also being the literal messenger of Instrumentality that brings everybody into the literal orgy of escape from reality that it is. I guess it isn't fair to say her character itself is 'idealized' but more that she represents idealization and a return to nothingness. That is my interpretation at least and it's probably wrong.

>still doesn't get it
Wow, must be hard to be clinically retarded. No matter, I see right through you, simpleton. I was right about you just from your take on Rei, because that sort of thing is pretty symptomatic. I wonder how you'll prove me right next time.

Rei supposedly symbolizing a mother is bullshit.
There is like 1 comment Shinji makes about her wringing a cloth in a motherly way and nothing else.

cool

It's good enough that 3 immediately knows she's had two Levi's previous bodies

>Levi's
Fucking text correction

>Rei symbolizing a mother is bullshit

She is a direct clone of Yui, Shinji's mother
She has Lillith's soul inside of her, who is the literal mother of all Humanity
She is overprotective of Shinji like a mother
Shinji even picks up on this as you said
She is the God that lets every human being escape into the nothingness that is Instrumentality to shield them from the cruelties of the world, much like a mother would comfort her son if he fell of his bike and scraped his leg

Fuck's sake

But bad enough for her to change her feelings in between and not remember sacrificing herself or crying.

Lilith is just the source of the primordial soup that formed the first life, it's not the "mother" of anything

>She is a direct clone of Yui, Shinji's mother
>She has Lillith's soul inside of her, who is the literal mother of all Humanity
These two has no actual impact in how she is portrayed in the show though. Even if they weren't true Rei could act exactly the same and nothing would be different.
>She is overprotective of Shinji like a mother
When?

>Your mother is just the source of the egg that formed into you, she's not the 'mother' of anything

Nice false equivalence

>Yui died in 2004
>Rei 1 is seen by others in Nerv in 2010
>Rei 2 is seen by classmates in 7th grade
>They're currently in 8th grade
I think it's unlikely that Gendo waited 6 years to replace Rei so she was probably born in 2010 but that makes it so that for literally 6 years she didn't know another human other than Gendo. But maybe he had to solve technical problems of how to actually make a Lilithian clone so maybe she really was born in 2010 in which case Rei1's life was brief. Then again it's unlikely that Gendo waited 4 years between 2010 to 2014 to replace Rei 1 so it's unlikely that Rei 2 is 1year old.

So "The Rei" is 11 to 5 years old
Rei 1 Lived between 6 years to just a few weeks
Rei 2 Is between 4 to 1 year old.
Rei 3 Lived only for a few days

worst proto mum worst driver worst in bed shes only ever had kaji has so fucking many daddy issues

not Ritsu

Stop posting on attack on titan threads and it will stop.

Holy shit user please don't use words you don't understand. If you can't understand how Lillith is symbolically a mother to all mankind you legitimately must have some sort of brain damage or mental impairment.

I guess by that logic dinosaurs are symbolically the mother of birds

Now this is actually a false equivalence, take notes.

You're comparing the evolution of a species to a being that is the source and sole reason of life. You may have to use the few brain cells you have left in your brain to spot the nuance.

People that argue Rei isn't portrayed as a mother need to rewatch the show.
For one, she's Lilith - called the mother of humanity many times. Next, Shinji directly makes a connection between her and his mother, Yui. Naoko and Ritsuko do the same.
Conversely, Kaworu is Adam and Shinji relates him to his father Gendo at the end of ep 24 when he betrays him.

This doesn't mean either of them are 'escapism' or wrong choices or some dumb shit like that, they're clearly portrayed as a mother figure and father figure to the lilin and angels respectively, and to Shinji to some extent.
Anno just likes putting Freudian shit in the show.

Attached: lr6072.png (480x461, 92K)

>sole reason of life
>in a universe where life already arose naturally
haha yeah

Lilith is not once in the series called the mother of humanity

Lillith is the source of life on Earth besides the Angels in the lore you stupid fucking mong. Please kill yourself

You didn't say on earth, and life would probably have arose naturally on earth anyway

It's alright if I imagine both of us being 14, right?
Or if I think of her as the 28 year old she actually is now.

>For one, she's Lilith - called the mother of humanity many times. Next, Shinji directly makes a connection between her and his mother, Yui. Naoko and Ritsuko do the same.
But she is only once portrayed motherly, and it is in a retarded scene. There need to be more than simply saying she looks like Yui to say that she is meant to portray a motherly figure in the show. Since none of her action or how Shinji sees her is dependent on that.

Ok esl-kun, I think it's time for you to take your meds and go to sleep.

In EoE, Shinji goes from being one with her, to lying on her lap in a mother-son way. Then Kaworu comes and separates them, like the father figure is supposed to, according to psychoanalysis.
If you can't get this into your head you're just dense.

Ignore these two. They are literal brainlets who can't see past their waifu shittery for Rei to actually understand the show.

>Shinji goes from being one with her, to lying on her lap in a mother-son way.
Also a pose common in anime between lovers, it is hard to watch a romance anime without that pose coming up. I have no idea why you would interpret it in a mother-son way.
Kaworu doesn't separate them. He simply shows up and talks about something that has nothing to do with how they are positioned and then it switches scenes.

>doll that will let you touch her in all her parts
>turbo-faggot who's so much into you that he takes baths with you
None of them are real. Reject instrumentality user.

Good taste, though I'd debate that Misato is just below shit.

Rei isn't even my favorite character. Rei being a mother figure is simply not consistent with her character.

Misato is your mommy or big-sis. Ritsuko is literally that hot milf you don't realize she is hot until you hit puberty.

>esl
lmao, this reeks of protection

What a retarded interpretation of the characters.
No one is real because they're all Anime characters, btw.

Men taking baths together isn't weird in japan, they have bathhouses for a reason. I doubt it would be weird anywhere with a bath that big.

>protection
I think you mean projection, esl-kun.

>Actually wanting a whore who sleeps with her boss and dyes her hair
PATHETIC

No, taking baths isn't weird in itself.
Blushing at the person you're taking a bath with and holding their hand is weird. Very weird.

Attached: bath-spread.jpg (1520x2167, 538K)

It's ADAM AND EVE not ADAM AND STEVE. Jesus would like a word with Karlfags, Anno, and you in particular.

Attached: sample_f62e98bb99e020b57cc4928f220b1db2.jpg (850x667, 57K)

Actually, it's Adam and Eva you nerd.

>Over 20 years have passed
>You faggots still dont realise that the main cast has no "best girl" as a deconstruction of the whole waifubait concept
Kimochi warui

Attached: 1562414211505.jpg (854x530, 36K)

Fuck and die Gendo.

I think you mean autocorrect esl-nigger

>fuck and die
That's literally what he did

It's clear progression from being one, the womb, and clinging to her, like a child.
Notice, in these two moments, both are naked, and Rei's breasts are in a clear focus at one point, an obvious symbol of motherhood, specially as they are being seen from below.
Suddenly, Kaworu appears, fully clothed, separating mother and son, as he is the father figure and the censor. We hard cut to a clothed Shinji, and the clothes are crucial visual key, and he's standing on his own now, as Rei, also fully dressed, has joined Kaworu, standing side by side as equals.
This is simple visual journey of Shinji growing up, accepting the hardships of the world, and leaving the womb, by rejecting instrumentality, in a very Freudian like fashion.

Attached: mpv-shot0044.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

>esl-kun phoneposter

Attached: 1466519017598.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

>a shot of a naked female character shows her tits
YOU SEE THIS CLEARLY SYMBOLISES MOTHERHOOD

>phoneposter
LOL

Didn't your teacher tell you no phones in class esl-kun?

In this timeline he's still shitposting on Yea Forums.

>actually admitting to being a pcposter
Some real subhumans in this thread
Also samefag

I'd love the bang the fuck out of Ritsuko but as a character she is a piece of shit that I generally despise

>It's clear progression from being one, the womb
You mean Rei sitting were his dick would be, clearly a sexual reference.
>and clinging to her, like a child.
He isn't clinging at all.
>Notice, in these two moments, both are naked, and Rei's breasts are in a clear focus at one point, an obvious symbol of motherhood
Breast is shown in a sexual light multiple times through out the show. Shinji even masturbates to Asuka's earlier in the film.
>Suddenly, Kaworu appears, fully clothed, separating mother and son, as he is the father figure
Kaworu is never shown as a father figure, this is just bullshit to try and make your theory seem more legit.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion - 26' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][84BEB803] (1920x1080, 261K)

Nope, I just got back from a run but my nigga seems to have backed me up in my absence

Adam is also literally referred to as a mother not a father
Like the actual word mother, not "progenitor"

even the asukafag gets it

Kaworu-kun must have felt very awkward in this scene

Attached: 60737093447309.png (500x336, 189K)

>sexual reference
Yes, you know that's what Freud is all about, right? Wanting to fuck your own mother and all.
>Kaworu is never shown as a father figure
Pic related. Kaworu also says he and Shinji's father are the same when talking to Seele.
Rei joins him two seconds later, so no biggie.

Attached: mpv-shot0036.jpg (960x720, 88K)

>actually admitting to exercising
Fucking normie vermin

>It's ADAM AND EVE not ADAM AND STEV
It was originally Adam & Lilith, between that and the universal deluge, God makes a ton of mistakes he latter has to correct for, enough not to base our current society around what he originally wanted.

If you seriously think Rei was supposed to be a sexual/romantic interest for Shinji you literally didn't understand the show nor have any understanding of the basic high-school grade psychology that Anno mixed into it

Lilith as Adam's first wife is a misinterpretation based on the difference between genesis 1 and 2 which is just because they have different authors
A Lilith is just a generic night demon probably adapted from neighbouring mythologies

>been plowed by Kaji at the least
all used up, no thanks

>Reifag mad that others are improving their well being

i also squatted 495 yesterday. Stay mad faggot

Attached: smug.png (537x538, 563K)

You people are all wrong!
Rei is Shinji's imouto.

Attached: bZEXxf2.png (704x528, 417K)

>Yes, you know that's what Freud is all about, right? Wanting to fuck your own mother and all.
It has nothing to do with the womb though like you were suggesting.
>Pic related. Kaworu also says he and Shinji's father are the same when talking to Seele.
I don't know what you mean with talking to SEELE, since Shinji never does that. But this is the same issue as with the Rei comment. 1 single comment isn't enough to negate all the ways Kaworu acts in no way like a father to Shinji. To say that Kaworu is a father figure is to disregard everyone of their interaction with each other.
They are simply compared because they are the only ones that have betrayed him.

Attached: mpqgw4y.png (640x480, 513K)

To be fair, that one is Yui's doing. She is a sick fuck.

If Anno wanted to portray Rei as a mother figure then he did an awful job at it.

>implying sister and love interest are mutually exclusive
Puritan

You mean leliel.

>I don't know what you mean with talking to SEELE, since Shinji never does that.
Get better reading comprehension, I'm obviously talking about Kaworu. This is him talking about Gendo.
>To say that Kaworu is a father figure is to disregard everyone of their interaction with each other.
What did he mean by this?

Attached: mpv-shot0045.jpg (960x720, 71K)

Pretty sure it was from episode 20

Yeah, when Shinji is absorbed into Leliel

No, its when he was tang after the Zeruel fight for a month

That is in reference to Adam being inside Gendo's body.

Leliel is episode 16
Besides there's no real evidence the episode 20 bullshit was Yu'is doing anyway

Did Kaji genuinely believe that Lilith was Adam
Because he's the one who delivered the embryo so unless he thinks NERV could restore its body that quickly

Yui should be the only consciousness inside unit-01 so unless Shinji is having a mental battle with himself, it should be Yui.

You do realize heart wanting to become one isn't only sexual, correct? it can be sexual, romantic or maternal.

It's not hard if English is your first language and you don't have mental impairment

He did a good job with it you're unironically just one of the few people that is too stupid for Evangelion, which isn't even a very deep show to begin with

faggotry and oedipus complex

We don't know what Kaji knows. But Angels are a subject that he probably knows very little about, so it might not be too far fetch that it could grow to a monstrous size in a short time since that is the same size every other angel was as well.

I doubt Yui is particularly interested in sexually tormenting her son
That scene with Armisael is fucking overloaded with sexual imagery

As I said, there is only 1 reference to Rei being motherly, and it is quite the stupid one.
Shinji is the one that is the proactive part in their relationship, trying to make Rei smile or trying to get her to talk and so on, not a very common Mother/son dynamic.

>I doubt Yui is particularly interested in sexually tormenting her son
I don't know, Yui is pretty fucked up.
She did willingly decide to spend an eternity in space inside the Eva after all.

Why the hell did Kaji even hand it over to Gendo? He could have tried to expose everything, then and there

oh no, a quote from the basic principles of relativity

>I doubt Yui is particularly interested in sexually tormenting her son
She was perfectly fine with mentally scaring him at age 3

keikaku
Also Seele literally runs the world so

>Did Kaji genuinely believe that Lilith was Adam
Makes sense, he knew about Adam because he's the one that delivered it, but how could he know about Lilith? So if the embryonic form of Adam is nowhere to be found but suddenly you now find a big giant thing in the basement, it's not a leap of logic to assume it was Adam
>unless he thinks NERV could restore its body that quickly
We've seen Eva regrow limbs in an instant, Lilith (thought of as Adam) is seen trying to regrow its own limbs but being prevented to by the Lance, so instead there's just a bunch of leg-twigs.

Having your son watch you become assimilated into a gigantic biomechanical horror is an ancient Japanese tradition

Expose what exactly? What is it that the embryo of Adam would expose and what about it is Kaji supposed to realise?
I would assume he got payed though.

The Lilith regrowing its legs thing is really dumb because the Lance was only put there a few episodes earlier, and the legs are missing because they were used to grow Eva-01 which took place years earlier

>Why the hell did Kaji even hand it over to Gendo? He could have tried to expose everything, then and there
Because he wanted the whole truth and not just part of it, and at that point he didn't really know everything that was up. He could have exposed the fact that Seele had Adam which caused second impact so the asteroid impact story could have fallen but he didn't really know all they were up to.

Yeah, that one can't be excused or fantheoried away. It's a legit fuck up.

Why did they even need to stick the lance in Lilith then?
They just have nowhere else to put it, so why not?

Unless putting in the lance activated something dormant, like a regeneration ability, that then took place when it was pulled out again.

To continue, that' the part of they clues that at that point the makers really were thinking that was Adam regrown.
>Kaji gets Adam embryo to Gendo in ep 8
>By episode 13 they use the lance to stun its growth
>In episode 15 Kaji shows Adam to Misato
>In episode 22 Rei takes out the lance so Lilith finishes her development in immediately.
>Everything makes sense, then Gainax decides that's actually Lilith, and things are obscure and obfuscated enough that most stuff still checks out. except:

>To continue, that' the part of they clues that at that point the makers really were thinking that was Adam regrown.
What a mess of a sentence, I meant to say:
That's part of the clues that a that point in the story the makers really were thinking that was Adam regrown

>and the legs are missing because they were used to grow Eva-01 which took place years earlier
When is this said?

Daily reminder that nobody wins the Shinjibowl in NGE, but Rei has won the Shinjibowl in the rebuilds.

> COPE. SEETHE. WHIMPER. KNEEL. BEMOAN. WAIL. REPENT.

Attached: 1b1790035921e4718ef6e0b2925ae36f.png (400x577, 256K)

C-FREAK

Attached: 56afc6793ad7b55a62a83f4adcdf4f71o.jpg (716x1000, 70K)

If you notice the timing of the change happens when the episodes with director's cut versions are being worked on. Basically it's a retcon and Lilith growing legs after taking out the lance when it actually lost it's legs years prior is one of the scars left over from that change in the story.

What about its arm? When did that regrow?

This.

Attached: reimybeionasleigh.jpg (480x360, 23K)

I want to slurp noodles out of Rei's armpits

Attached: mpv-shot0057.jpg (1920x1080, 147K)

Attached: Fourth_Doctor_taps_his_nose.jpg (1316x1009, 88K)

I want to slup noodles out of Rei's arm

Attached: mLCkY3w.png (1366x768, 412K)

Rei would look better with even shorter hair.

I honestly want to sniff Rei's, Misato's, and Asuka's stockings after they wear them all day long.

Who most likely will have the smelliest stockings, anons?

None of them wear stockings

She looks great with any kind of hair

Attached: a5ebedd0c49768a564bddc1150076a1e.png (400x400, 52K)

Rei is gone. Only Rei-Q exists.

Any kind of hair

Attached: 7d730f73727cba38e4ea29b70a1756ff.png (450x446, 216K)

Reminder that both Asuka and Rei looks better colour swapped.

Attached: 1510166310351.png (1259x1205, 613K)

ReiQ doesn't exist, she merely occupies physical space.

This is good, just needs to lose the dumb undercut

They don't Rei ends up looking too red, and Asuka looks like aqua. even the entitled annoying personalities match.

Aei and Rsuka?

They look much worse

>dumb undercut
but it looks great on those who can pull it off.

Those who can pull it off being not women

Why did this even happen?

Well, I like it on some, so let's agree to disagree.

Rei was weakening her AT field which in there world gives living things form in order to receive Gendo's hand with Adam. As soon as she got it and rejected him she restored it. This one is pretty self explanatory because they basically say as much.

The three most unattractive women’s hairstyles (according to Japanese men)

Attached: shit taste.png (653x623, 467K)

Prepare to be deeply disappointed.

What's 2 and 3?

Very short and straight bangs

Fucking elevens and their shit taste.

>nobody wins the Shinjibowl in NGE
He won it and then promptly gave it up because he's a suicidal maniac.

Attached: smug best boy.jpg (500x500, 103K)

>die with me shinjikun :)

That's literally how the episode drafts played out
I'm glad Anno changed it, way too edgy for my tastes.

Betraying your partner, making him kill you, traumatizing him to the point of complete inaction other than him being pushed to jerk it to catatonic girls is not any bowl's definition of winning.

But the main character loving him is.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 24' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][25378AB4].mkv_snapshot_23.43.287. (1440x1080, 129K)

I thought 'winning the bowl' meant winning the MC's heart.

Attached: nh.gif (500x341, 731K)

>loved
>past tense
Its over.

rerorerorero

Attached: uKiId.jpg (1024x768, 162K)

Because Kaworu himself is past tense now.

>literally the next episode
Kaworu fucking him up, yet Shinji still loves him. Great message you're sending to the kids, Anno!

Attached: 12.png (637x477, 610K)

Don't you mean he was worthy of his grace?

Naive, you can't win unless you're there till the end of the game, that's like basic rule for any sport.

Attached: outlive your oponent and win.png (1047x586, 655K)

I always saw this love as a result of Shinji's selfishness. Shinji just wants love and affection but he is so selfish that he isn't able to offer anything in return to the other person in the relationship. For an example, see Asuka during the coffee scene in the kitchen.

Kaworu was the perfect being that gave Shinji just that, unconditional love without respite. Shinji needn't do anything to receive this love except simply exist. He didn't need to learn to grow as a person or learn to love himself to be loved by Kaworu.
In that sense the relationship between the two of them is perverted with Kaworu being a stand-in for a mother/father/god figure that can always be returned to for comfort when the pains of reality get too rough.

Exactly. Nothing like some romantic BDSM choking play while she holds your face.

Attached: 19857328193.png (499x564, 258K)

>Anno!
can't reason with the fucker, he's all 'Rei sucks because you filthy otaku shouldn't like such an idealized partner, you should love my lovely Kaoru who instantly knows exactly how to deal with shinji perfectly immediately after meeting him'.

>if you didn't interpret it the same way i did you're retarded
kys

Kaworu lost user. In fact he keeps losing in every single NGE iteration starting from games, manga, movies and novels. It's almost poetic, a godly creature resetting time again and again so that he can be with his beloved but fucking it up every single time. It's so selfish of Kaworu too because Shinji has clearly stated that he wished for HUMAN bonds in the end. Shinji made his decision, he doesn't need mommy Kaworu, he wants to experience raw human interaction not his idealized coddling. Kaworu should give it up already and stop putting Shinji through so much suffering just for a chance of boning him one day.

Attached: humanity- 1, Kaworu- 0.png (1280x720, 1.26M)

misato easily, those beer sweats

Holy shit somebody that is actually smart on Yea Forums

So what you're saying is that gays can't have bonds

Except for of course that humans in Eva is not used exclusively for homo-sapiens. Adam is called the first human for example.
So his post is just wrong.

That shit is dumb though
By that classification all life on earth is "human"

Wasn't that just an in-universe fuck up before Lilith was introduced?

The point is Kaworu isn't a 'normal' human, just as Rei isn't a 'normal' human. They have human bodies but they are basically reincarnations of literal Gods that seed life across the universe

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that Kaworu is playing a game where he puts Shinji through uttermost misery and then steps in and presents himself as a savior hoping Shinji will pick HIM one of these days, but Shinji never does. If Kaworu really wanted to give Shinji "true happiness" as he says in Rebuild, he would just fuck off together with his spawns and allowed him to live a normal life.

>Shinji flashing the peace sign outward
>Asuka giving the love sign inward with a hand on Shinji
>Toji being best bro
>Rei almost totally blocked out by Shinji and Toji
Based

>Kaworu was the perfect being
You're not giving enough credit to how fucked it is. He gave that impression by being unconcerned about any of the kind of things bothering Shinji. He did that by being uncomplicated by any of the wants or expectations that make people frustrated with situations or resistant to death.

He's buying into loop theory as anything other than a remake making device so I wouldn't get too excited.

Fuck you

Attached: 1563075305736.jpg (1020x823, 180K)

>Kaworu: "This time, I will make you happy"
>(dies and only helps devastate Shinji once again)
Even with all his god powers, homo boy is such an utter failure.

Holy shit never realized Rei being completely blocked out and Asuka manhandling Shinji. Absolutely based.

I hope we see more of Toji in the 3.0+1.0 he is literally the biggest bro in the entire show, fucking love him

Attached: 1522794668801.jpg (560x577, 35K)

Shinji says that Kaworu was like him.
So obviously he doesn't see it that way.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 24' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][25378AB4].mkv_snapshot_23.37.022. (1440x1080, 135K)

It doesn't matter what Shinji thinks, he's a confused mentally disturbed 14 year old boy. The fact still persists.

That's Shinji's mom you're talking about there.

Attached: Mom, stop you're embarrassing me.jpg (1440x1080, 261K)

>I hope we see more of Toji in the 3.0+1.0
He's dead, you should expect shit from 3.0+1.0

A fact that the show itself never seem to hold true.

Something I just realized. Every single person in that picture is surrounded by the one they love/are infatuated with.

>Kaji/Misato
>Ritsuko/Maya
>Toji/Hikari
>Shinji/Asuka
>Shinji and his bros

The only people not fitting this description are Rei and guitar dude in the back who doesn't love anybody and is alone. And of course the beta who gets friend zoned by Misato, can't remember his name though.

Attached: 1562446080402.jpg (589x466, 46K)

>nhentai.net/g/XXXXXXX

There's no hard proof that is the fact. There are leaked sketches/character drawings of 3.0+1.0 with Shinji's crew and Hikari I believe.
Unless I'm completely forgetting something

>Being with the soul of a literal God, Adam, who can also fly and manipulate AT fields at whim, is not any different than your average run of the mill human.

whats the best doujin of her?

Attached: 1533917304987.jpg (737x397, 216K)

Where were you when khara was leaking character design sheets in Februiary? There's a good chance they're alive since they're right there next to fucking Shinji and Asuka listed as much taller than how they appeared in the show.

The two command nerds are also not looking directly at the camera, while everyone else is looking directly into it.

>The only people not fitting this description are Rei and guitar dude in the back who doesn't love anybody and is alone.
Rei took a liking to him, so still fits.

Attached: 1465364709610.jpg (634x480, 115K)

She's so much cuter with messy hair. God damn

There is also PenPen as well as Gendo for Ritsuko.

I always so this as him not having any particular longing for a certain person so Rei had to brute force his shit, which is why he is cowering.

>Aoba/Rei
fucking pedo

Attached: SA.jpg (250x189, 9K)

>Shinji/Asuka

t. asukafag

I think you mean
>Aoba pushing his guitar onto Hyuga to hold while he's eyeing Maya

>Toji's other hand is on Hikari's ass

You have to be a literal retard to not have picked up on the fact they had a dynamic going on, although it was a constant tug of war between both ends of the spectrum. It's literally spelled out for you in the show. Why do you think they both blush and get bamboozled when Toji says they act like a married couple.

Fuck shippers and shipping faggotry.

only 4% are proven to be false. Most of the time nobody bothers to look into it.

>Hikari delighted over that
>Meanwhile Kaji just has a hand on Misato's waist, which causes her to be the only person in the image frowning
Knew my boy Toji would come around on his taste in women.

This the best scene in EoE, it makes me really happy to see Shinji, Toji, Asuka and their friends so happy together. I also like how Rei is here to further the point that she was not the same as Kaworu. The fact that she obscured makes it seem like a real group pic too.
And seeing Hikari hold PenPen is always nice.

Attached: __horaki_hikari_and_penpen_neon_genesis_evangelion__sample-7af0845e06d9dd381b3e0040dfab2b2b.jpg (850x840, 121K)

>married couple
who got divorced since the beginning of 3.0, because the wife is lesbian now

Provided this isn't an elaborate troll, Toji is taller than Gendo now.

Attached: 1562745715844.jpg (1928x1220, 590K)

>Tch.

Attached: unhappybird.jpg (520x500, 53K)

He's trying to smile for the picture.

How is anything I said an elaborate troll? And What do Toji's & Gendo's height have to do with anything I said?

Just because he doesn't have his eyes shut doesn't mean he is unhappy, birds can't smile through their beak.
He looks content with Hikari.

Well I'm talking about NGE not Rebuilds. The characterization is completely different for Shinji, Asuka and Rei starting from 2.0 and on.

Fuck Mari we could have had Toji as the 4th pilot man. FUCK

Birds can't smile, they got beaks.

Not him, but what he meant is provided the design leak isn't an elaborate troll, Toji, Hikari, and Kensuke are in 3.0+1.0 as 28 year olds.

The tragedy of user the lustful, we are a bit like elves...amiright?

PenPen is a cartoon character. And he is pretty expressive. See

Oh, I wasn't even aware of it since I don't care for anything going on with 3.0+1.0, so sorry to that other user for my reply.

MILFkari fans assemble

Eyes are expressive, beak still a beak, but yeah PenPen can smile if he wants to

Attached: Petshop.png (422x336, 341K)

Shinji's always been a Milf

What if Shinji married Hikari and she was Hikari Ikari

Overused goods. You can tell she fucked all of the operators to get that captain position.

Real men take their wives' names

They'd make a surprisingly good couple once they get over the weirdness, they're both kind and industrious. they'd have a slightly boring but pleasant marriage

Forgot the pic
I only know of Gendo Ikari & Jack White so evidence suggest you're right.

Attached: iQtyP.png (720x540, 388K)

>You do realize heart wanting to become one isn't only sexual, correct? it can be sexual, romantic or maternal.

Nah, dude. That's 100% about boning.

This is rape.

this desu

It's not rape if she won't report you.

Attached: hikari.jpg (360x288, 20K)

With his eyes and some texturing on his face, yeah. I'm not sure that they ever cheated and raised the corners of his beak, though, even in cartoony reactions.

Attached: omedetou, Shinji.jpg (1440x1080, 245K)

Asuka totally fucked her

>winter uniforms
Holy shit

Attached: hd-wallpaper-C0d85899819d9ba24211f3d791fbfb043.jpg (4550x2560, 879K)

SHINJI HOW COULD YOU

Attached: TOJI6.jpg (455x512, 78K)

Attached: begone.png (640x480, 269K)

>Eva
>winter uniforms
how do they explain this bullshit?

I think they're wearing that because it's a graduation

Damn, Shinji looks good in that

On a second look, there's a graduation sign there. maybe it's just a formal uniform? Does Japan do that? My school did. Winter uniforms would call for sweaters and stuff wouldn't it? Not just Long sleeve shirts.

Is there a collection of screenshots of the pachinko CGs anywhere?

Attached: DXbkiGN.jpg (1400x1018, 312K)

Hikari was the one with the crush on Toji, not the other way around. Why would he be mad, he'd probably would be giving props to shinji or teasing him.

Maybe it's a ceremonial uniform in memory of winters.

Attached: [2D4U]Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_BD_01_V2[1080p_DualAudio](3BF7A653).mkv_snapshot_02.26_[2019.07.17_21. (1440x1080, 2.95M)

Its from a god forsaken Pachinko machine.
Any dumb shit they feel like doing can happen in Pachinko-canon.

Attached: 4312.jpg (580x417, 47K)

I wish there was a follow up picture from one second later.

He'd look even better without it

Pachinko-canon is the best timeline

>N-N-None of them are real!

Do you ever wonder why male swimwear is knee length baggy trunks and female swimwear is tiny pants

i know this will seem random but is there an anime about learning Japanese?

Attached: 5PEZgrG.jpg (923x640, 85K)

Attached: group 082.jpg (500x762, 82K)

>tfw there will never be a canon timeline where the kids just end up happy or at least content and are all friends

This saddens me more than it should desu. I really just want Shinji, Asuka, Toji, Hikari, Kensuke and all to be happy. Rei too I suppose but she's a weird God/Lillith mix so I'm not really sure how that goes.

Attached: 1561642099833.png (600x677, 403K)

Rei is a distinct identity from Lilith

Imagine if the anime would've ended with the scene from the happy slice of life timeline. That would've been amazing.

Except it wouldn't because genki Rei is cancer

Genki Rei is infinitely better than normal Rei because is actually fun and has more personality than a brick wall

bananahamocks were prevalent at some point in the 70s I think, so mostly fashion I guess.

She's not even Rei
She's a creature wearing Rei's skin

That would be too upbeat unfortunately. Plus it wouldn't have been real

why would the Japanese need that?

You mean Yui's skin.

>Plus it wouldn't have been real
But it would've implied that everything else that happened in the series wasn't real.

He actually looks younger in this photo than in the rest of the movie. Maybe they really do wear these for graduations and his student ID photo was taken at his elementary graduation?

Attached: is this 12yo shinji.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

We got a bit of a taste of those in some games and whatnot. Here's a triumphal parade for the children after defeating all the angels and halting the MP evas. Kensuke even got to be a pilot in this continuity.

Attached: guxlbWAUS1w6ikybo7_1280.jpg (800x436, 133K)

They didn't fight any MP-Evas, only one was there and Kaworu piloted it.

>Rebuilds
If you want to talk about a different anime, take it to a different thread

=)-)=)'

Attached: pgwwe5SIZ81w6ikybo1_1280.jpg (800x436, 141K)

This.
>Genki Rei
She is the manifestation of Anno pulling on my dick and not allowing me to fully enjoy the alternate reality to this it's fullest, which is obviously his intention but it really pisses me off.
It's not same thing if Rei is not herself.
This is great.

Attached: 1562984284977.jpg (496x465, 80K)

Attached: 1562638149922.gif (500x484, 1021K)

Because it's funnier that way.

>Shinji is having a diarrhea during a Children's trip

Attached: whut.jpg (800x436, 103K)

I'm fine with that because I always found Rei to be too boring of a character. I get that she developed immensely throughout the show but her expressed personality puts me to sleep.

She is really cute tho

Attached: 1497636979663.jpg (563x800, 69K)

>rei will never wear pants in canon

Attached: cbf2fb822a711a26eacab68e3877b064.jpg (3968x5612, 3.84M)

Drinking party, Kaworu moving in on Shinji. Probably trying to get him drunk.

Attached: pgww91mhxM1w6ikybo4_1280.jpg (800x436, 159K)

I know, maybe not even really a totally happy ending, Just have them survive the NGE timeline without Third Impact happening. They'd be still sort of fucked up and traumatized but the hardest shit in their lives is over, and they're seen as saviors of mankind so they'll likely have their basic needs taken care of for the rest of their lives and they can just focus on repairing their broken selves.

We see Toji focusing on physical rehab and Hikari getting closer to him though that.
Asuka's ego gets so that she gets the idea that she could get into politics and rule either Japan or the whole United Nations because who would vote against one of the people who saved humanities collective ass?
Shinji's starts a bit too broken but little by little goes back to normal because time does that.
Rei is the most lost one knowing all she knows about herself but finding herself living in the regular world despite not being prepared at all for it. But she's helped out by Shinji & even Asuka because now that she's over her Mommy issues she's finding it to be nicer even to Rei.

Wtf is that perspective. Is he sitting in front of a urinal?

Nope, Yui is present in there too, Genki Rei's unrelated to her

Hikki Rei>Genki Rei

Attached: 1563202858562.png (1028x770, 874K)

That's a squatting toilet.

Attached: pgtleu1zbS1w6ikybo3_1280.jpg (800x436, 191K)

Yeah that's basically all I want. Have shinji and the crew prevent third impact and continue on with their lives, strengthening their bonds with each other and growing as people

Attached: gaybasher toji.png (1025x579, 1.09M)

Attached: pgtld8iZd91w6ikybo2_1280.jpg (800x436, 158K)

>ywn get into a wrestling match with Asuka and pin her down before proceeding to procreate with her on the floor

FUCK

Attached: 1471926502008.png (1024x1113, 832K)

>I get that she developed immensely throughout the show
A fair Asukafag? Good for you, You can have your Genki Rei if you want to.

Asuka is so touchy feely in these games.

Attached: gos2_117.jpg (800x436, 296K)

Where are these from?

Attached: pgww70eamx1w6ikybo3_1280.jpg (800x436, 165K)

Attached: pgww70eamx1w6ikybo4_1280.jpg (800x436, 213K)

Heh you're pretty good for a Reifag too.

Attached: 1f426a94baab45adaa4c7679577bbc2a.jpg (1024x756, 97K)

Girlfriend of Steel 2
It has genki Rei tho so it's automatically shit

Attached: ck.png (781x1312, 1.01M)

Attached: gos2_133m.jpg (800x436, 363K)

Is that some fan made LN?

Attached: pg7e6gigMv1w6ikybo3_640.png (640x479, 217K)

No, it's official

Official.
Also got a manga adaptation of itself, Angelic Day.

Attached: pgtkc200TR1w6ikybo2_1280.jpg (800x436, 131K)

This is asking to be memefied

Attached: pgk3uikGQs1w6ikybo1_1280.png (1024x554, 513K)

It is real.

Attached: choices.jpg (800x600, 124K)

Why would Anno want to make an LN about escapist waifushit if that goes against the message of NGE

Attached: 1557252236615.jpg (1024x880, 80K)

I love the coloring in this

Attached: pgtlzwErXX1w6ikybo4_1280.jpg (800x436, 147K)

What happens if you assault

Attached: 1562026306861.jpg (230x272, 44K)

Anno didn't make any of these save from NGE2.

Attached: pgtld8iZd91w6ikybo1_1280.jpg (800x436, 133K)

>yellow plugsuit
Should have been green, he's a military otaku for the love of god.

Attached: plugsuits.jpg (1280x905, 247K)

save for*

Attached: pgww91mhxM1w6ikybo2_1280.jpg (800x436, 103K)

>1995+24
>Expecting Anno not to be an hypocrite
He's king Otaku user, loves escapist shit and waifu/husbandoism but it has to be on his terms.

Kaworu never showed interest in the Shinjib owl, their relationship was always one-sided in that Shinji was obsessed/loved Kaworu but Kaworu just saw him as the representative for humanity.
No I don't consider third party shit canon

All this timeloop shit makes better sense if you interpret it as Kaworu timelooping and making Shinji miserable every time as payback for killing his angel children.

Attached: 2087307.jpg (700x750, 146K)

Attached: my love for you is like a penguin.png (781x1312, 901K)

Attached: game-over_14a.jpg (800x447, 337K)

He was probably issued a yellow one and that was the end of discussion.

Attached: 1562436630558.jpg (800x436, 291K)

I FUCKING HATE NETFLIX AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's actually pretty funny

Kensuke and Toji starting a forest fire.

Attached: pgk0ntGIvc1w6ikybo3_1280.png (1280x692, 1.34M)

Why would you make a happy alternate universe and not have Hikari be a pilot

>ginger rei
perfect

Attached: pfy554ZbEi1w6ikybo3_640.png (640x480, 345K)

Why does Kaworu look like he's having an existential crisis in all these images.

Attached: 2637.jpg (500x212, 27K)

He's surrounded by homophobes

Attached: pgk3uikGQs1w6ikybo2_1280.png (1024x554, 920K)

Probably because he is aware he is not an actual choice.
You get some gay options here and there early in the story to throw him a bone, but at the end of the day its Asuka or the Genki Rei.

Attached: gos2_145.jpg (800x436, 237K)

>Genki Rei
Shinji included.

Attached: 1505446225521.gif (382x369, 2.11M)

>All this timeloop shit makes better sense if you interpret it as Kaworu timelooping and making Shinji miserable every time as payback for killing his angel children.
That actually would be a clever way to sort of redo the point of the original NGE in a Rebuild era context. Make the guy that's been build up for the last 10 years as Shinji's main love interest in merchandise and promotional material and make him the final villain. Turn his motivations totally on it's head and have Shinji have to face the realization that his attachment to him is toxic and need to overcome him. That would even bee a great excuse to bring back Toji & Kensuke. make it so that his betterment doesn't have to come from a romantic partner that understands him completely but the friendships and bonds he formed along the way. Bypass the whole shipping shit. Fuck Rei, Fuck Asuka, Fuck Kaworu, Fuck Husbandos, Fuck Waifus, Let's have his friends win the Shinjibowl. Let's ignagurate the era of the Friendu.
but it won't happen though because 3.0+1.0 will be shit

Attached: file.png (174x183, 50K)

What if Mari takes the Shinjibowl?

That would be dumb and out of nowhere so it's perfectly possible because as stated earlier 3.0+1.0 will be shit.

Attached: pfy554ZbEi1w6ikybo1_640.png (640x480, 282K)

Mari is for Asuka

Mari is for dying in a deep dark hole.

>gib ritsuko milkies

Send him into a classroom where girls are changing for PE, he has to change schools and grows up to be a surly pachinko addict. If he walks in on Rei changing, he gets tried by a UN tribunal.

Attached: 1556284508886.jpg (1132x436, 306K)

So Asuka then

My favorite Game Over is the one you get by simply choosing to have Shinji talk to Gendo.
Apparently the game just recognizes you went so far out of character that its just ending it then and there - they reconcile, go off on an adventure, and you gotta reload your last save.

Why does the girl on the left look happy

>If he walks in on Rei changing, he gets tried by a UN tribunal.
At least people in universe know how precious Rei is.

Attached: olx2vbAvRh1taak4co2_1280.jpg (756x568, 143K)

Best path in the VN.
Even if it made little sense in context given the next chapter always plays out the same if done or not.

Attached: gos2_153.jpg (800x436, 231K)

Attached: pguwvvK4KC1w6ikybo2_540.jpg (540x294, 45K)

I wonder why they even bothered adding him in the first place then, even having the option to kiss him

Attached: GoS_435904703734.jpg (500x274, 36K)

Attached: pguwvvK4KC1w6ikybo3_540.jpg (540x294, 63K)

Attached: pgtmo71cTm1w6ikybo2_1280.jpg (800x436, 114K)

>not a piano/cello duet
REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: orch.png (1700x1208, 1.51M)

That's illegal

Kaworu was a violinist first in Death&Rebirth.

Also, Mari WHY ARE YOU NOT A STRING BASS PLAYER!? RUINED THE FULL ORCHESTRA

It'll never happen because Asuka and Kaworu are Anno's waifu and husbando respectively.
They'll always be portrayed in a 100% positive light and Shinji will be portrayed as literally Hitler.

Attached: character rankings.png (686x836, 429K)

it would be a Japanese show aimed at Americans. like dora the explorer but for american adults

Attached: 1548775345422.jpg (720x720, 75K)

Piano is a Rebuild thing, pilots are a string quartet in NGE

Attached: pfw4ub6aaI1w6ikybo2_640.png (640x480, 336K)

Kaworu was a pianist first in the fucking drafts
He was always originally a pianist and they were supposed to have a cello/piano duet in his episode. It would have been kino.

Didn't the manga do the piano before Rebuild?
Not exactly sure how long the manga dragged on for.

Attached: pgtleu1zbS1w6ikybo2_1280.jpg (800x436, 147K)

>Mari ruins everything
Nothing new under the sun.

No, Kaworu was originally going to play the piano in his episode. And even Sadamoto introduced him in the Manga as playing the piano.
It was originally from the episode 24 drafts, way before Rebuild.

Attached: pgtlim9Fnp1w6ikybo1_1280.jpg (800x436, 109K)

Attached: pguwvvK4KC1w6ikybo1_1280.jpg (800x436, 101K)

Woulda Coulda Shoulda. NGE had them in a string quartet and that's the end of it. Although interesting the stuff you mention doesn't change that.

Attached: pgk0i3zgNv1w6ikybo2_1280.png (1280x692, 1.04M)

Attached: pgk0i3zgNv1w6ikybo3_1280.png (1280x692, 1.25M)

Any particular reason Rei is dressed like Yui? It's freaking me out.

Attached: 43543657689.jpg (800x436, 81K)

Attached: pgtlt4CAT91w6ikybo7_1280.jpg (800x436, 140K)

Probably her non-uniform wardrobe consists of Yui's stuff Gendo passed on to her. I mean, it's not like you can imagine Rei going shopping do you?

Attached: pgtlim9Fnp1w6ikybo3_1280.jpg (800x436, 117K)

While it is alternate universe Genki Rei, she is still connected to the lab and everything.
Probably still a clone of Yui anyway.

Attached: gos2_036.jpg (800x922, 414K)

Attached: pgtlim9Fnp1w6ikybo4_1280.jpg (800x436, 121K)

Is that a cameltoe on Rei

Attached: pfw56yRyPi1w6ikybo3_640.jpg (640x480, 129K)

She's wearing sensible baggy pants. It's just a fold, stop being horny. And if you can't then focus on why would Asuka would go exploring on a short strapless dress

Attached: pguxlbWAUS1w6ikybo4_1280.jpg (800x436, 100K)

Attached: pgtkc200TR1w6ikybo3_1280.jpg (800x436, 129K)

Toji and Kensuke are BFFs
so does that mean Kaworu and Shinji are BFFs?

I don't think so, but there is this. Literally the first scene of the game after the title.

Attached: gos2_003.jpg (800x436, 235K)

Kaworu and Shinji are BBFs (best butt budies)

Attached: 1469815942017.png (576x384, 146K)

Attached: pgtleu1zbS1w6ikybo1_1280.jpg (800x436, 138K)

Attached: 1.jpg (640x958, 213K)

Attached: ph8rfaXAOZ1w6ikybo2_500.png (480x272, 135K)

Attached: pg7dmpVYXy1w6ikybo2_640.png (640x480, 207K)

>VN posting
>Nobody posted anything from best girl Mana's VN
Time to fix that

Attached: c184.jpg (1894x1024, 630K)

Attached: pgk0jkmHVT1w6ikybo1_1280.png (1280x681, 663K)

Attached: 1562381376377.jpg (1024x554, 199K)

There's a few up there from when they were going to Mana's house to look for leads.

Attached: 1436330918456.jpg (711x266, 93K)

Attached: C161X1.jpg (1894x1024, 510K)

Why couldn't she be canon in Rebuild?

fucking whore

Attached: 1547643229238.png (1022x765, 735K)

Attached: eavesdropping.gif (947x512, 486K)

The best VN is the one where you waifu Rei or Asuka with some random NERV agent

Attached: 3.png (480x272, 137K)

Because then then there would be a girl that would win the Shinjibowl WAY too easily.
And she is too good for the Rebuilds.

Attached: C116.jpg (1894x1024, 207K)

>generic spy falls in love with the target story
trash

Yet still better than the rebuilds.

nope

At least it makes more sense if both the target and the spy are 14 year olds

Something interesting I find about GoS is that near the start of the story, Asuka gets mad and smashes Shinji's SDAT, possibly as the VN's indicator that it is not canon

Attached: C027.jpg (400x313, 47K)

Considering how the SDAT moves past track 26 as soon as Rebuild goes of script, you might not be wrong.

...and then she almost immidietely goes out and buys him a new walkman as a gift.

Feel like in canon Shinji would have gotten way more upset over the SDAT than he did here.

Attached: C058.jpg (400x313, 52K)

nice of her to get him some wireless headphones.

Interesting.
My take away from that will be that Rebuild Shinji should go smash open that SDAT (which Rei Q almost certainly picked up), and maybe his fortune will improve.

>Shinji smashes the SDAT
>shortly after Mana makes it into rebuild

I didn't even realize, this thread is bound to die soon