Isekai Cheat Magician

Episode 2

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.23_[2019.07.13_15.17.58].jpg (1270x1703, 604K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MutKsvyV_G0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>highlighting her rib cage with the beads
ruined

uhm why is there a bulge?

PUFFY

Her pad. Make sure to lay down a towel before starting.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.36_[2019.07.17_11.07.16].jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>get isekai'd with your childhood friend
>she accumulating a female harem too
Wherever dimension she goes, Rin is the coolest girl in the room.

Attached: you too.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Blandest isekai I've ever watched.

Can't entirely disagree there, but I'm kind of down for some chill MC + osanajimi adventures.

Should have been imouto.

It's the communion bread of isekai.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't just outright kill at least Taichi on night 1. He's obviously a great danger and completely unable to defend himself.

They probably want to use him for their own country, but it would sense to take him out instead of allowing a walking nuke to live.

Just how insecure are isekai readers? It's not enough that the boy is quantifiably stronger than any of the natives - he also has to be EIGHT TIMES stronger than the girl that came with him. Have to make extra sure that he'll never be challenged even by his childhood friend, right?

Oh look!
Is THAT same generic isekai city again!!

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-07-17-12h41m15s316.jpg (1920x1080, 503K)

Attached: 1560433537121.jpg (600x1015, 194K)

He only has strength, he is not all powerful.

how come they're cheat magicians and not cheat wizards?

>Still using this literal twitter bait

wizards are virgins

but magicians do card tricks and bounce their big tits for an audience

Attached: 1563291871176.webm (1920x1080, 544K)

Not 30 yet

How come they all have walls when it's common knowledge that walls do not work?

>walls do not work

Say that to my Rimworld colony.

>walls do not work
KISAMA!!

Attached: 0104-0105.jpg (1437x1020, 501K)

That's a fucking Moscow!

Attached: 1365325136251.png (300x300, 75K)

>common knowledge that walls do not work
pretty sure I know what your line of thought is. but I want to see you try to explain yourself so you look like a bigger idiot.

To give a citizen npcs feel of safety, you retard

So they are doing the whole 'knowing high school level science makes me a fucking genius to these medieval idiots' thing.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.57_[2019.07.17_11.06.07].jpg (1280x720, 142K)

>Airdrops into your living room
Nothing personnel kid

Attached: MechanoidScyther.png (128x128, 11K)

ah, the dr. stone approach

YAMEROOOO

Attached: 1558553978741.png (247x238, 21K)

Fixed that for you.

Attached: Isekai city.jpg (600x1015, 197K)

Attached: nimg004.jpg (600x300, 77K)

it's really weird how in these shows they focus so much on the power system of the world and getting stronger and all that, but we barely know anything about the protagonists
do they even want to go back home anymore? who were they before they transported? was rin a nerd? was taichi a gamer? i guess it's easier to self insert if they have no pasts

Attached: 15+-+1.gif (422x233, 256K)

Best Girl and winner of the MC bowl

Attached: Best Girl.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

shit

And somehow I feel this isn't the "worst" isekai airing.

like half the isekai out there?

Its a power fantasy, the more generic the protag the better.

Taichi was an athlete, but he's given everything up.(volume 1)

cute

i think it's the worst one. maou is funny and has cute girls, arifureta has chunny edginess i can enjoy, okaasan (if you count that, it's an mmo) has possibly the cutest girl this season
but this show has nothing

Attached: 1495232519915.gif (500x505, 878K)

this

Attached: isekai-cheat-magician-wallpaper-24214_L.jpg (700x507, 85K)

Did the anime skip over the whole "This is our lives before we got summoned" part?

Attached: 7.png (1128x1600, 471K)

Can he summon another spirit or is she the only one?

yep

Attached: 1.jpg (684x960, 117K)

sexy

Attached: 2.jpg (672x960, 87K)

>Can he summon another spirit
yes
>is she the only one?
>''female''
yes

Maybe, it might have to do with me liking ponytails and red haired cuties.

wait, there is a straight road to the castle, a nice way to protect your ruler

This show is garbage. Is the childhood friend going to win or there will be some NTR?

Cute feet.

Attached: 1536886366061.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

>Read latest manga raw
>a girl actually dies
Holy shit is that even allowed?

Attached: 55076304_p8_LINE.jpg (370x320, 18K)

>Nardack's art reduced to this pathetic shit QUALITYfest

Attached: 1504471831098.jpg (636x505, 24K)

yes, because she is an assassin

that is from volume 3. She is an assassin

Attached: Dm7kk8z.jpg (1326x1920, 776K)

Did you miss the adventures kill by brown Clementine?

>fem wearing lingerie to be comfy at home
I can't suspend belief this hard! Even if it's escapism there's a point it just goes into full-blown fantastic lies!

Attached: masa san.jpg (900x675, 257K)

No, but that girl was pretty much narrative fodder. Assassin chick was basically a new party member right?

Attached: y32.png (1114x1600, 1004K)

Alright, I have a different issue with this city layout. There's walls for sure, but there are significantly smaller walls or maybe none at all on the riverbank on the right in this pic. Let alone this, but across the river is a cliff face facing the city that are possibly taller than any of the walls. If I wanted to jack up this city with artillery, I'd be putting all of it on those cliff faces and blow the holy shit out of a good chunk of that section within range and send in troops across the river with makeshift bridges or something like that.

Attached: roach coach.jpg (604x382, 62K)

I can't get over how bad the OP song is. What were they thinking? It doesn't even go with the visuals.

What does this forebode foreshadowing mean?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.54_[2019.07.17_10.52.49].jpg (1280x720, 407K)

To get the overlord audience.

The childhood friend better win.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.34_[2019.07.17_11.06.41].jpg (1280x720, 96K)

I thought the male lead only found out about using spirits as a sorcerer later in the story

why not both?

Attached: harem.jpg (1415x2048, 458K)

It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls.

Best wind spirit coming through, chi pa pa!
youtube.com/watch?v=MutKsvyV_G0

What exactly are his powers capable of?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.21_[2019.07.17_11.06.28].jpg (1280x720, 164K)

This. I only picked this up because I thought it was a battle couple. There's an outright drought of them.

Agreed, this is terrible even for an isekai. First two episodes, nothing of note occurs and the gary stu MC is declared strongest human alive with unspecified generic magic powers.

Poor Becky, she couldn't score even after getting isekai'd.

Attached: 1427551955429.gif (480x270, 2.11M)

Fuck off
Haremshits have the worst taste.

Saitama lite

is that the assassin? I dont follow this novel

the elf likes the mc too

Attached: CYTwt9X.jpg (1326x1920, 281K)

Yes

This show is the definition of garbage. Have we finally reached the bottom of the isekai barrel?

Attached: 1562960205521.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Of fucking course she does. Why isn't there a harem tag on any database for this? I could've avoided this all together.

Attached: VS.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Doesn´t FeMC´s left foot look strange?

I'd say something but it'd be considered blogposting

>Have we finally reached the bottom of the isekai barrel?
Not even close mate, this is like solid 4/10 on isekai scale and there is 3.5/10 getting anime next year.

I shudder to think what a 2/10 isekai would look like.

He can cast FIST.

Did you see Arifureta first episode?

>Read latest manga raw
>a girl actually dies
yes

Yeah, it was really bad, but not THIS bad.

true tears again

Attached: kj.jpg (640x360, 32K)

>black hair
>yellow eyes

Pick the fuck up

F
miss you spock

Maybe you are right, Arifureta was so bad it was funny, this is just bland bad.

>or there will be some NTR?
yes

Attached: 1563390394127.jpg (1326x1920, 456K)

Is this really more bland than Smartphone and Death March.

Exactly

there is like 10 light novels of this yes? Could someone post the illustrations over at imgur or something?

>build walls under a hill
>not using the river for a moat
>a straight broad road to the main keep of the city
At least they show some plantations to the right and the towers are were they should be but fuck this

Good work.

The only good part of the mango.

AHAHAHAHAHA
CYKA BLYAT

KnM did the power wank better but I guess I'll take what I can get. This one has a cute elf in exchange

Attached: isekai cheat magician elf.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

I didn't watch Smartphone but Death March had a certain charm to it that was stacked on top of the generic isekai. This one is playing it a bit too straight.

Attached: I'm the cook.png (1280x720, 770K)

In KnM the explanation was that he was an awesome programmer. Here it's because she knew basic physics.

she won the MCbowl in LN

Best girl.

That sounds too good to be true.

dumb power wank can be super fun, you just have to play it as a comedy

Attached: 530.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

patiently waiting for the stitch of her laying down staring into the sky.

>childhood friend loses
Never stood a chance.

>you just have to play it as a comedy
>ignore the serious, tense moments and situations
Your garbage 'mature' series not having powers doesn't automatically make them good.

Attached: 1556254510787.jpg (792x815, 67K)

Everything that gets animated is the cream of the crop. Have you not seen what the less popular isekai manga look like? Well even they are among the best ones because isekai WNs that don't get picked up are on another level.

Attached: 1497330885253.png (400x400, 142K)

>NTR
dropped

This is somehow blander than Kenja no Mago.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.09_[2019.06.05_12.34.25].jpg (1280x720, 165K)

If this isn't happening in the last arc or anything then it means fuck all, and might even be detrimental for her.

Dr. Stone knows way more than a generic highschooler

>cute blonde flat elf
>won over the main girl
Please tell me you are not joking. I really hope that's true.

>true tears again
Noe a shit

This thread is glacial; zero enthusiasm from anyone for this show.

>garter straps attached to panties
Full fucking retard.

>make a childhood friend tag along on MC's isekai adventure
>she doesn't even win the MC bowl
That's cruel. Did she at least get a happy ending of some kind?

Am I the only one who finds this show kind of comfy? It will probably turn into real garbage soon but I find the characters more nice than a lot of other isekais, even if they're bland as fuck.

Oh god what a fucking atrocious disgusting OP. It's like aural dog shit.

Well of course not, this is just some garbage to consume while we wait for some actually good anime to air
Isekai is like trail mix, mostly bland and somewhat salty but sometimes there are some sweet pieces of candy or a cashew there

This is a raisan.

>comfy
Thanks comfynigger. Dropped it.

probably death march or isekai smart phone if im being perfectly honest
Because of the pacing animation and incoherent bullshit
I watched both of them btw

I'm hoping for the green spirit being cute.

>One of his earliest re-inventions in series is a fucking anti-biotic
>Highschool level science.

the novel is still ongoing. I dont think she will win, BUT it will have a harem end (only the elf and Rin likes the mc, not the teacher and the mc is not collecting every girl he meets in the novel ). Harem end because the elf is the best female friend of Rin and Rin cares about her a lot. Also, in the novel there are many illustrations with the three of them (rin, the elf and the mc)

>fucking anti-biotic
Something is telling me you're still in middle school mate.

>I find the characters more nice than a lot of other isekais
You mean generic and awful?

Attached: 1562404016337.png (1280x720, 518K)

>I shudder to think of what a 2/10 isekai looks like

I take it you haven't seen stuff like convenience store isekai where the mc spends like 5 chapters in the beginning handing out disposable plastic bags or the one about using different kinds of toilets in a dungeon with the cover art shamelessly ripped off of dungeon meshi.

rin and the elf

Attached: Rrgyg0I.jpg (1326x1920, 503K)

Well, threesome end is fine too. Long as elf wins.

Incredible, 2 out of 3 words in this title are an instant drop for me. Couldn't it have been "Isekai Cheat Maou/Idol/" or something ?
A 3/3 would have been glorious.

Nice gate, lol.

To force the merchants to pay a toll at the gates.

>convenience store isekai where the mc spends like 5 chapters in the beginning handing out disposable plastic bags or the one about using different kinds of toilets in a dungeon with the cover art shamelessly ripped off of dungeon meshi
Holy fuck, has it really degenerated this far? And will these be adapted for their own anime at some point?

Exact formulas for making your own antibiotics is not something generally taught in highschool. If you meant calling it an "anti-biotic" then that was me fucking up like an idiot.

That's anti-Semitic

Keep in mind those were ones good enough to get their own manga past just an LN. The truly awful ones never even make it past the WN stage to get a LN or manga. The barrel's bottom goes even deeper.

why isn't there any cool isekai magic fights like filling your opponents lungs with water or something

That would actually require some originality

its ok user i appreciated the joke

>No abs

Lost interest.

Death March could still have been adapted better.

Attached: 1518140182165.jpg (1915x2026, 521K)

I'm really baffled as to why every isekai protagonist wants to go back to Japan. Like why? They generally have amazing powers, a world ready for the taking, no globalism, and likely tons of ripe elf babes chasing after them with no effort on their part. Instead, the typical isekai protagonist wants to go back to Japan so that he can die as a poor virgin salaryman who overworks to death. Am I missing something here?

Attached: 1560443081191.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.24_[2019.07.17_16.57.35].jpg (1769x1506, 624K)

he realizes that when everything is handed to you with 0 effort, life is boring.

Ive been running into the opposite. MCs that give no fucks about their old world at all like the wrestler furfag isekai that just wants to cuddle/molest all the beastkin and animals of the new world.

So the authors can appeal to the retards who think going back is a well written move.

Because Marche was right.

because NIPPON ICHI

>childhood big breasted female friend
>"I WILL SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR YOU"
>saved in the nick of time (tm)
>Generic friendly bald barbarian guy
>generic loli mage
>generic whimsical dashing rough archer guy
>they get given free money to start their journey
>don't even question why they are in this world or how to get back to their world
>"lol we'll just become adventurers XD"
>"lol" we just instantly learned the entire language"
>Unemployed_Duolingo_Owl.png
>break magic power assessment orb because you're just that magical
>guildmaster wants to speak to you IMMEDIATELY
>sexy witch lady wants to them to become her apprentices because she knows your just that OP

This is the most generic shit ever but god damn does it somehow keep me wanting more.

Attached: 1409167124777.jpg (224x250, 9K)

>god damn does it somehow keep me wanting more
That's because you're a filthy whore

I haven't seen any mexcians in these shows

the drawing and art is terrible

Attached: awdawdawdadawd.png (1789x749, 1.43M)

Because she moved forward brainlet.

more terrible streaming anime

It's smart to find a way to return, but not to want to go back and stay forever.

>streaming

I was on the fence about this series, but this episode was pretty good. Still kinda feel like they haven't gotten past the prologue though but I look forward to where it goes from here

Best sex toy too

That's almost never the reason, though

Be patient, animepros are too busy circlejerking about how bad this show is and how much better they are for ironically watching this "trash". Once they run out of patience things should become more enjoyable for the small group of people that's left.
This was a comfy episode, I always end up liking magic explanation/training like this and I can't wait until the flying onahole joins the group. Also RIP wolf.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.24_[2019.07.17_18.45.10].jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Was this the only stitch?

In this case they got summoned against their wishes and there wasn't even any Truck-kun involved (they could only afford Bike-kun) so it makes sense they'd want to go back even despite all the reasons to stay. Given sexwitch's reaction when he said he wants to go back though, I assume that's impossible but she didn't want to rain on his parade right away.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.26_[2019.07.10_19.11.09].jpg (1280x720, 121K)

I don't know what that user is on about, they're both shit explanations that rely on every person in the isekai being a retard for generations. These authors are morons that believe if a world has magic then its residents would never so much as think about applying logic or scientific thought to anything.

Knight's and Magic was especially annoying about it though since you had the author's stand in as the "genius" so basically anything that happened came across as "this is what I'd do if I got isekaied, see how smart I am?" At least in this one it's the friend so it's less direct.

I see you're a man of culture

Discworld map. Love the boardgame.

Attached: image.jpg (1447x1475, 412K)

Putin-chan?

Escapism is bad.

Tell that to Sub-Saharan refugees :)

Attached: isekai cheat magician map.jpg (812x1568, 266K)

Shame they couldn't be more equal in power. I love battle couples but I guess she's just a slightly less helpless damsel.

He literally jobs at the first "strong" ennemy and has to get a last second asspull magic power up so he gets even more OP.

>streaming

he is not even a mage

I'm not sure about this particular isekai, but some LN adaptations cut a lot of stuff, especially when it comes to internal monologues and skippable flashbacks. Overlord III, for example, simply skipped all the internal monologues of all characters not named Ainz.

I really don't like this approach, I actually find more interesting the oposite thing, the more you know the more hard is to use magic.
Like, you can't ask the rain fairies for rain if you know that rain are drops from condensed vapor in the atmosphere or you can't ask the fire faries to make fire because you know fires is produced by combustion.

Magic should work based of faith, and knowing how the world works based on science should drastically drop your capability of doing magic.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Lord El-Melloi II Case Files - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.42.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

ya know the new city introduced is fine
this other abomination of a city pisses me off how wrong it looks

Attached: paris1615.jpg (2048x1366, 1M)

Rin's power level has absolutely nothing to do with her real world knowledge, the blue fire spell she used was an entirely separate thing based on her knowledge of basic physics she just had a class on. That part was the same thing about using your imagination for magic you see everywhere else.

>Magic should work based of faith, and knowing how the world works based on science should drastically drop your capability of doing magic.
>post a series were modern magic is hammered to be science but shorter and faith has zero influence
fgotard?

dont think the 'smart people who know how shit works and use it to be more powerful' trend will be bucked anytime soon. if anything, more authors are turning to it for a slightly less bullshit way of explaining away ridiculous isekai powerlevels
gate, kenja no mago, and now this
at least three off the top of my head

So is she in the MC's harem, or is she some tertiary side character who becomes some NPC's love interest/disappears after 1 episode?

She isn't even particularly smart, she was gifted with the blessings of compulsory education.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.46_[2019.07.17_20.26.16].jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Attached: so it is.jpg (1000x1111, 459K)

where did you find these illustrations?

It could also be Vienna

Attached: 3D-map-of-Vienna.jpg (2000x1360, 1.76M)

So do we RUSH B when we scale the walls?

Can you give me a single reason to dont drop this

cute girls in lingerie?

no

I like how that little island looks like a boat.

But is she in the harem?

Are there examples where the protag was a lazy bum in school and is unable to recall any of the stuff or messes up?

That fluffy short hair is gorgeous.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai Cheat Magician - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.46_[2019.07.17_18.31.24].jpg (1280x720, 157K)

No. Isekai is wish fulfilment

top tenga

No, this time the river doesn't go through the city, so the shit just gets dumped in the street.

Attached: dawetrgrg.png (1700x900, 683K)

She might be fluffy, but Yukari's fluffiness is on an entire level of its own.

cause japs cannot survive outside their safespace. everyone knows euros are arrogant loud violent stupid & smelly. it doesn't take long for weak sensitive tiny jap to go full ptsd; paris syndrome is real.

A match made in heaven

When you have watched +300 shows you free yourself from the matrix and realize that almost every shit is generic. Every fucking season has at least 5 identic shows. I feel miserable cause I can't manage myself to enjoy shit like this anymore, I wanna watch together with Yea Forums like the oldtimes

wow user 300 whole animes... like wow....

I didn't tried to astonish you faggot, just saying that beyond a point it gets fucking difficult to enjoy the turd of the season

Elf kissed the MC
Rin - NOT

>When you have watched +300 shows
Yeah but I have over 300 confirmed kills so what are you gunna do about it faggot?

And beyond a certain point cliches no longer bother you, they even become comforting and enjoyable in their own right. If you hate cliches and unoriginal writing, anime is probably the single worst entertainment medium you could choose to partake in. It doesn't really take seeing very many anime to realize how cliche-ridden it is, lots of people figure it out before they even see 100 series, which is why they burn out and lose interest. Because their interest is predicated on novelty. Finding out almost nothing in anime is novel kills their joy.

If you can't move past that you'll just burn out like all the others.

if you have no walls then the AI armies will just beeline your undefended settlements for ez wins

Just enjoy the show faggot
>inb4 OH BUT I’M SO SMART I CAN’T DO IT, I NEED E-CELEBS TO TELL ME WHAT’S MATURE

>Isekai Cheat Magician

Attached: 12561.jpg (550x803, 157K)

Attached: 5cce60dbd4dcf_13addd87c133162858d84ec07f47757a.jpg (480x719, 151K)

It's nice to have another onahole for the collection.

>+300
>thinking his opinion matters

Isn't the desin feng shui or some Japanese equivalent?

Pretty sure she'd split in half if you stuck anything bigger than a finger in her

she kinda looks like cornflakes-chan

Attached: Ai.png (573x1118, 265K)

It just works.

Attached: 1541465916907.jpg (920x797, 182K)

SOMEBODY BREACH WALL MARIA!

I wish flying public-use onaholes were real

Showing the light leave the monster's eyes while MC is just like "sorry :)" was pretty dark. Sure, they're monsters, but MC's complete lack of hesitation to start slitting horse throats without a second thought is pretty psychopathic.

All isekai MC's are psychopaths that think nothing of killing

The farms make this ten times more legit than most.
But putting in right next to a cliff that overlooks it subtracts five whole legitimacies from that total, and that's terrible.

So LN/mangafags, what should we expect going forward? So far has just been standard Isekai setup.

Only most of them.

Attached: 1533174845591.jpg (938x378, 98K)

I was just reading this!

I wonder when the writers will learn.

It’s a boy

Attached: 1429049016765.gif (542x248, 45K)

Add danmachi too.

But Danmachi is a native isekai

>okaasan (if you count that, it's an mmo) has possibly the cutest girl this season
Nah.

Attached: 1562883117177.jpg (501x720, 90K)

NIPPON BANZAI

>Only 300+
Are you expecting a medal?

Attached: Emiru sip.jpg (574x489, 236K)

>MC chooses the stuttering plain girl over the naturally sultry, buxom chef who has her own damn restaurant
Thousand suns of hateful fury.jpg

t. hobo with no walls

This is the same retard who wants to back to Japan, what did you expect?

Shut the fuck up Stan

>t. Nomad

The song in the OP isn't very pleasant.

Attached: 1554368106385.png (722x675, 207K)

What are you talking about?

fuck you fag
>gets all the character development
>thrown out under a bus for dramatic effect

because they're still highschoolers who get homesick easily and don't know about the brutal reality yet
but also I too would want to go back if I could bring my harem and cheat powers

I wanted to say something on the lines of "imagine the smell of Rin's panties" but then I remember their world has modern underwear so she's probably borrowing some.

Build that fucking wall

Attached: 1546552155260.jpg (894x894, 206K)

Caught up with both episodes.
Why did they remove the "third wheel friend" who was in the manga version? (Dunno about the LN version)

looks like soulless Altdorf map.

Attached: altdorf_map.jpg (736x576, 174K)

The game couldn't render the city if the walls weren't there to make it a separate cell.

I just watched the first two episodes based on op's image.
I like it, it feels cosy, my only complain is that I don't like the "power level" numbers but it can't be helped. Thought maybe it would have been cuter if it was nothing but 12 episodes of the two training together, like one episode per day.

Kenja no Majo

He was in all the versions. And they probably figured it was too cuck-fetishy for the average viewer.

Gee user maybe she leaned forward or something.

Wait, they actually unperson'd a main character?

I want to suck on Lemiya's tits

Not really, since he was only in the prologue. Basically Taichi and Rin had a love triangle going with another male childhood friend that didn't get isekai'd with them. It was the cliche setup where Rin and the other guy were two of the most popular and good looking students in the school while Taichi was just an average guy, and Taichi was shipping Rin with the friend while Rin actually liked Taichi. Absolutely nothing is lost if the anime never mentions it.

Who wouldn't?

But that backstory gives a legitimate reason why Taichi isn't into Rin at the start, rather than "lol clueless MC".

She reminds me so much of Kali Belladonna from RWBY.

Attached: kali belladonna.png (317x634, 125K)