This is a movie that did not provoke thinking or cause me to question my existence or my self worth as a human being...

This is a movie that did not provoke thinking or cause me to question my existence or my self worth as a human being, it just wasn't complex or deep enough to change my views on humanity, and instead the topics it brought up seemed obvious to me.

Attached: giits.jpg (1200x800, 69K)

Try watching Kiseijuu

Le edge

Attached: xHpAeiQ.gif (537x296, 3M)

Happy ending ruined eveything

Why you spoil?

It's been 24 years since it was released. The topics are obviously nothing new anymore (not that they really were then).

well, okay, but what is it ? I'm surely interested in watching it now

Why would you expect a movie to change your views on humanity?

Texh is better

They were pretty hot topics back then before the general public had firsthand experience with computer technology, back when even the concept of the internet was still in the realm of sci-fi for most people. It still holds up now for its aesthetic qualities.

You watch this for the visuals, not writing.

this

never heard of Ghost in the Shell?

because that's the medium power

lain is better

I've heard of it, but since I haven't seen it I don't know what it looks like

If you want something narratively interesting you watch SAC, the movie is just a trailer for other Gits entries

>the topics it brought up seemed obvious
Maybe it wasn't so obvious back then when it was made. Since then this genre has been overused and overpopulated. We're literally drowning in AI themed shit now.

Beatless is the only recent anime that was actually intelligent about how it thought about AI imo.

I am not watching a series full of fillers

There's no filler

He's talking about the none Laughing Man episodes.

All "Stand Alone" episodes are fillers

but the stand alone episodes are the most interesting part. it's not just a show about the main plot.

Good filler though.

It's like skipping Cowboy Bebop episodes for not talking about Vicious and Julia. Plot related or not, it's good character building.

was the second movie good?

Yeah but it's very pretty and has the most impressive sound directing in the history of animation. So that's gotta count for something.

The themes are more relevant than ever before, that is why you probably are already familiar with them. This is neither good nor bad when judging a movie's content. What is important is good execution of these themes within a narrative, which I can say confidently was the case with GitS. The movie has aged very well.

The setting was immersive and well made, and the story had potential to go a different and much more interesting route.
But instead, it took a very simplistic philosophical approach and made it needlessly convoluted.
Lain was done way better

Ok. Do you want a pat on the back?

what's high power, then?

nice one

Ok? What does it matter? It's still a damn good movie.