Hajime no ippo

wow what a surprise..... i really believed ippo was done with boxing, after all it was repeated about 30 times how he's done, how he's REALLY done, how he has different goals now

didnt see this one ocming

Attached: hni.png (806x793, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oPvtSLhkjKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i haven't read the last 50 chapters. does he become even slightly more mature/badass? any more hints of that unmerciful side of him like when he went demon mode and slapped the shit out of the fag under the bridge?

he retired cuz people thought he might be punch drunk from getting slammed in the head too many times
he cut his hair
he got himself some students to train
he became a second in the ring
he observed what other boxers are doing
it just so happened that he was still training for fun during all this with FUCKING WEIGHTS ON HIS ARMS for good meassure
from takamuras last fight he thinks he figured something out
now his hair is back

and no, no more of that side. he wanted to turn himself in the next day, asking the police to arrest him

damn. i guess that's just the way of these types of mangas though, the mcs will never change personalities. maybe it's a japanese thing, finding no cry of change in defeat

This chapter was the best thing in years.
Ippo actually became a real character with thoughts for a while there. He actually openly talked about how passive and shit his fighting became because he'd never create opportunites, just react and counter over and over.

Looks like those glass cannon theories are gonna be true.

But he still hasnt realised the coach is a fucking psychpath who will cause his early death because YAMATO OXYGENU

>he didn't figure out that coach taught him nothing really

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-17 Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1269.jpg (897x2597, 766K)

So is the series going to end with him being completely crippled or dying?

Reading these threads makes me glad I never saw anything past the finale of season 1.

>I SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO MY COACH MORE AND USE MY HEAD MORE

FUCK OFF IPPO

It'll end with him developing severe Parkinsons and several social disorders, alienating Kumi and leading to his mother dying of overwork and stress.
Then he'll finally blame the coach and there will be a standoff at the gym. Ippo will go monster and hit the coach once, Takamura will beat Ippo within an inch of his life.

Coach will later die after getting out of hospital, it will be implied Ippos punch caused it, but cant be proven.

Takamura gets jailed for intent to murder and assault.

Ippo gets a slap on the wrists and lives with the guilt and isolation before hanging himself after a failed comeback 10 years later like Ali and Tyson tried.

Now he understands that blocking punches with his face is not good, so yeah, he matured a lot

I have read this for years but always assumed it was a joke. Is there actually truth to this?

Why do we hate the coach again? The people in the story don't.

Does anyone have that image of the really brutal, funny summary posts of ippo arcs and him essentially having his brains knocked out ?

I'm pretty sure at some point he trained his neck so he could block more punches with his face

>people post the answer in thread.
>Instead of reading, he asks the question anyway
>he expects anyone to be dumb enough to answer after seeing he ignores them.

youtube.com/watch?v=oPvtSLhkjKQ
THANKS COACH

A deserved ending for a bad manga

Don Ramon was a better coach

Will ippo finally realize the power of OXYGEN now? Will he finally go up in power level ranking?

Attached: 1542136863027.jpg (1663x4029, 1.02M)

I can't remember which fight but he specifically waited to throw when his opponent did, going for that 'even exchange' bullshit.
no but i got this

Attached: 1511975774714.gif (500x244, 324K)

>shounenfags hate character developments
didn't see that coming

Because the people in the story are all written by a man who owns a gym and so are incapable of showing any disdain for coaches.

Ippo was never punch-drunk, he's just absolute trash against southpaws.

mmmm whatever you say kamogawa

All of his losses sans Date were against southpaws or switch-hitters, and every instance where he severely misjudged the range or timing of a punch it was the same thing. This goes all the way back to that right-handed southpaw guy who Sendo fucking crippled who trashed Ippo in a spar, he's had these issues forever.

Attached: 1466206568056.gif (646x403, 685K)

Settle down Goldberg, only kikes and Godless Asians fantasize this much despair.

That's right Kamogawa, he could barely draw straight lines, forgot how many times he was downed in a round and tripped over his own feet all because he was facing southpaws.
Frankly just his constant attempt at bruteforcing the dempsey roll in his last fight should've qualified him for braindamage, but I guess we can can try and attribute literally every symptom to something else to delude ourselves that Ippo taking punches to the face for 1200 chapters was actually a smart defensive mechanism.

PUNCH HARDER BOY

>he could barely draw straight lines,
The only time he fucked that up was the DAY after he got the shit beaten out of him while his face was swelled up like a goddamn balloon.

>forgot how many times he was downed in a round
He's been doing that since day one and nobody ever cared.

>and tripped over his own feet
This literally was because he was fighting southpaws, the different foot spacing with the opponent's right foot forward kept fucking him up and caused him to trip and misjudge distances. That plus his stupid 720 ninth dimensional dempsey roll that had him balancing on one toe.

>Frankly just his constant attempt at bruteforcing the dempsey roll in his last fight
That has more to do with his stupid fucking complex with Kamogawa than anything else. The second he butted his way into it and started making it partly his own technique, Ippo was fucked to try and use it no matter what.

COURAGE

As I said, entirely possible to dismiss literally everything as completely separate symptoms all to argue that Ippo isn't actually completely fucked up. The only question is how many funny coincidences you are willing to accept before saying "yup, this boy is fuckin done", and does Ippo even care and is he willing to put up his brain just to have a chance at a pretty belt.

If Ippo didn't have the big gay he'd quit boxing just to plow Kumi and get a big thumb up from his mom who no longer has to worry about his son being senile in his early 30s.

He did get the test results that he isn't punch drunk but could be dangerously close to it and just rushed to quickly into the next fight after one beating.

Always follow the coaches teachings.

Attached: ippo-neck-work-2.jpg (774x598, 108K)

>Ippo's opponent is a southpaw

Did it ever occur to Kamogawa that Ippo should spar against southpaws?

Every time I see that I can only imagine the cloth ripping and his toes being crushed.

They say it's difficult to set up because there's not many, but that's retarded.

Yeah, it's a shame even those are like far from conclusive and George will literally blueball everyone for the rest of the manga which at this rate could go another 1000 chapters.
This is going to go for as long as the "is takamura actually blind already?" plot thread.

Attached: 5l4g3H7.png (238x154, 27K)

It is retarded because the lack of southpaw sparring partners implies:

- There are no prospect Japanese southpaw boxers to use in or around the featherweight division
- There are no retired Japanese southpaw boxers to use in or around the featherweight division
- There are no amateur Japanese southpaw boxers to use in or around the featherweight division
- There are no southpaw boxers in or around the featherweight division in Asia in general
- Kamogawa and Yagi are too cheap to import southpaw sparring partners
- It never occurred to Kamogawa for Ippo to spar a southpaw

Attached: 1511324909044.jpg (903x1300, 270K)

Attached: 1511324982009.png (894x1249, 1.36M)

the manga is called hajime no ippo
you think it'll fucking continue without him fucking boxing?

RIP Ippo Calvo

>He's been doing that since day one and nobody ever cared.
He stopped doing that for a while, when Gonzales downed Ippo Itagaki shat himself because he had never seen Ippo go down since he joined the gym.

I was hoping it'd undergo rebranding and be called hajime no sendo

>i really believed ippo was done with boxing,

You're dense as fuck.

George literally set up the comeback immediately after his last fight by having a doctor say Ippo had no brain damage. He didn't let the idea of Ippo being done hang for even a single chapter.

Hajime no Fishpo.

>what is sarcasm

This was such a stupid arc

Funniest tier list yet, where does the oxygen meme come from though? Read through the manga again recently and it doesn't come to mind.

Shadow Oxygen made me laugh uncontrollably, I fucking love these things.

> Pregnant Kumi

lmfao

The fight against Sanada i think, the doctor guy.

wasn't it the fight against the islander dude who held his breath super long?

>chapter 434 - Lack of Oxygen
kek

Yep now I remember. The Okinawa fisher.

Wasn't oxygen what made ippo able to beat Volg?

That too.

Attached: IpposDick.png (701x1100, 342K)

As you can see, Oxygen plays an integral part in the plot of Hajime no Ippo.

Attached: 1508389476125.png (679x417, 290K)

Based

If simply using more jabs is all he got out of this, I'm going to be pissed. He definitely needs an attitude change.

an attitude change HAS to happen eventually, right
that's all the monster line shit could be about, it's not just BE GOODER AT BOXING IPPO, it's a state of mind

You're right! I need to change myself! I need to pay even more attention to what coach is telling me and improve my dempsey roll further!

This is the only way to save the manga.

>not remembering Shimabukuro's name
Come on now.

Didn't Ippo make a promise to his not GF that he's gonna quit boxing

finna screech

Attached: yEqIxcM.png (353x246, 67K)

and his mother pretty sure, they are the two real shackles preventing Ippo from jumping into the ring and having his brain scrambled

Sure, but he never promised he wouldn't go back. GOTTEM

Some shonen like Kekkaishi or Fullmetal Alchemists have MC that matures over time. Otherwise, go look at seinen or shoujou if you want characters building. I recommend Mizukami's manga, which are always a hit on Yea Forums.

It comes from the fight with the underwater manlet Shimabukuro or whatever is name was.
At some point the coach starts rambling about how the kid still has oxygen left in his muscles

It was fucking stupid and then people memed it into being the equivalent to ki / chakra / haki etc. in Ippo

Attached: kamogawa8.png (1225x446, 115K)