What are Yea Forums 's thoughts on Oda, Kubo and Kishi's evolution as artists...

What are Yea Forums 's thoughts on Oda, Kubo and Kishi's evolution as artists? I feel like Kubo evolved his style the most while continuing to make it look appealing the most. It's quiet baffling how ahead he is from Oda and Kishi as an artist.

Attached: D_ONRQEWkAAMqA6.jpg (1080x1532, 282K)

Improved Ichigo looks so sexy. Luffy still looks like shit. Naruto is alright.

Same
Better
Worse

Kubo is the only one that improved. Oda's didn't improve at all since both are shit, and Kishi's is meh

>t's quiet baffling how ahead he is from Oda and Kishi as an artist.
I find it baffling that you think no back grounds has anything on oda but sleek dark design. Oda puts effort in everything from the foreground to background and makes sure that its meaningful. It maybe cartoonish I will admit but if you ever seen oda's other works outside the manga you would find a lot of his work varies on style. You want to talk about art take incount what else they made. Not just a bias view on how you want your final fantasy shonen to look like.

Oda draws more stuff.
Kubo had no backgrounds.
Kishi was in the middle.

Can we see one for Miura, Tetsuo Hara and Araki?

>Minimalism isn't a part of art

are pissards actually this delusional or is this ESL pretending

but to call into the question who does better when obviously the most hardest worker is Oda and it shows. While Kubo just makes his character stand then slobbers ink on the page.

Original Ichigo is cuter

SS Kubo

Attached: a21.jpg (2037x3056, 1.44M)

enjoy your inconsistent moronic autistic entry level manga, because Kubo couldnt come with and ending, made his characters dumb as hell, and had a deus ex machina ending. the most hackish ending you can do in any for of literature.

Kishimoto fell into the habit of making everything way too clean and "anime-friendly." It's mostly his inking that bothers me. There's no depth whatsoever to the artwork in Naruto, everything looks so flat and lifeless that it just puts me to sleep.

nu-Oda is soulless
nu-Kubo is a technical improvement, but has lost it's uniquness
nu-Kishimoto is an absolute downgrade

oda wins by a mile. naruto and especially bleach looked fantastic early on in their run, but you can really see the fatigue set in later. kubos art loses all the fantastic expressiveness it had originally and backgrounds are pretty much gone. kishimotos loses the great character design and overall energy early naruto had. one piece has managed to retain that energy and love put into its artwork

spare me your gobberish, brainlet pissard

Attached: huh.jpg (692x837, 187K)

>Drawing more makes you a better artist.

well to be fair Oda is doing that too actually. His old work had a lot of depth. Now its feeling more flat. which is kind of ironic because he is in Wano right now.

dudes aint supposed to be cute.

Did my big words frighten you esltard?

yeah it does. You dont draw do you?

Technically yes, and it makes a better page

>one piece has managed to retain that energy and love put into its artwork
Exactly. That's why the Bleach Jet artbook sold 37k on pre-orders alone with a price of 200$. Not to mention it only had 6 new artworks.

>All these people seething over Chad Piece btfoing every other artist
It's good to be king.

Attached: chapter_941.jpg_large.jpg (1372x1021, 516K)

Oda stagnated after the timeskip
Kubo became better
Kishi somehow became worse

kubo is an incredible artists he just stopped trying with the actual manga

Isn't that why so many people say Murata is the best?

One Piece's color pages just make me sad cause the Strawhats don't have fun like this any more.

>couldnt come with and ending
>the most hackish ending you can do in any for of literature
I said spare me your gibberish, smooth brain ESL

>big words
none of those are you actual retard pissard

Attached: HAHAHAHA.jpg (1258x1258, 869K)

>Oda stagnated after the timeskip
t. never read past fishman island

Attached: panel better than anything from bleach or naruto.png (933x1300, 356K)

Thread should have ended here.

>ctrl+C
>ctrl+V
Here's your new design bro

Attached: lmao.jpg (1080x1292, 202K)

>none of those are you actual retard pissard
ESL-kun plz

You need to be 18+ to post here.

t. has alzheimer

Attached: 02.jpg (1200x956, 328K)

Attached: Oda-Vs-Kishimoto-Vs-Kubo-4-one-piece-11345782-318-500.jpg (318x500, 45K)

thats flawless grammar, brainlet ESL pissard

Go read burn the witch, if you care that much about backgrounds.

They seem too big for you to actually comprehend. Since your english is so bad you would everything gibberish, no wonder you like kubo, he uses simple plots so you can keep up with the special needs class.

Looks worse than what I posted

I'm older than you kiddo and you are acting incredibly retarded even for pretending.

Attached: Nick Simmons guest draws a chapter of Boku no Hero Acadamia.png (926x1300, 348K)

Attached: 10de935b97bacf986068c8e27f44df45.jpg (944x531, 74K)

Whatever you say katafag

no it isnt. what you wrote was actual gibberish.

>thats
at least try, ESL-kun

they all got worse

You dropped your meme arrows kid

>Left : soul
>Right : soulless

>Since your english is so bad you would everything gibberish
>he uses simple plots so you can keep up with the special needs class.
dunning krueger ESL in full force

More diversity than I thought, and definitely more than Bleach or Naruto

>Miura

Attached: Berserk - guts evolution.jpg (1500x2600, 983K)

Except for OP then it's
>Left: soul
>Right: more soul

>forgot period
Sasuga, brainlet ESL can't into grammar.

>Tetsuo Hara

Attached: hnk evolution.jpg (550x1420, 279K)

I thought Miura was one of the best artists ever, why do all the drawings in this look so bland and basic?

holy shit dude. he is talking about the apostrophe. That's, That Is.

You children having fun with your baby fight?

Attached: smug hisoka.png (499x493, 179K)

oh so you are german no wonder

Araki

Attached: ecb16bb1-8fac-4f40-a16e-8add613b172c.jpg (3839x1790, 884K)

>he
Who are you samefagging for, ESL brainlet? I'm saying you forgot your period, ESL pissard.

>Ulquiorra was a literal representation of nihilism
>Mocks materialistic desires and says how futile they are as a means to keep living.
>Gets defeated by those same desires turning into a mindless monster, showing him the importance of them and changing his outlook on humans.
>The page is ulquiorra (utter emptiness) or what he thought he was with his last conscious thoughts being about the same desires he reject before ironically turning into nothing.
>One of the best character growths in manga
>The culmination of said growth so perfect that a single world on a white page is enough to convey the emotion perfectly in a visual medium.
Kubo is a misunderstood genius.

Attached: 86d10035.jpg (782x1280, 50K)

why did he adopt that atrocious art style for part 8 god why

>this kills the Oda incel

Attached: 12364452711.png (540x417, 17K)

This. From around Dressrosa Oda's art became flat. Hi writes a lot of details and backgrounds, or at least more than other shonens, but his characters look with less life than they used to.

Kishi improved a lot actually, he just rushes a lot and is lazy as fuck.

and he wonders why his work is associated with homosexuals

I can't read Post TS One Piece because of how messy his art is

Based background tards BTFO.

I miss Bonnie

yeah you have no idea its 2 guys telling you off.

pisstards dont actually believe this do they?

Attached: retard.jpg (1815x1474, 1.11M)

>its
I think you meant "it's" , samebrainlet ESL pissard.

ahem

Attached: H1cWImk.jpg (2337x1422, 732K)

seething

cope

cringe

literally the only thing bleachtards and narutards have over one piece is art and even that went down the shitter for them later

>literally the only thing bleachtards and narutards have over one piece is art

Attached: luffy laughing.gif (500x280, 980K)

Kubo>Oda>Kishi

One Piece is already the most popular manga of all time now imagine if he used a generic and bland artstyle to not filter out the plebs

reddit

hey look its that one character. that single character that looks weird with a mostly white back ground. or traced since it can be bothered to be creative outside of the face.

Kubota is the better artist. The dude is a literal genius in character design. He should have been an artist to a an actual writer than try to come up with the shit himself.

Oda refined his cartoony schizophrenia into something that makes me physically ill in a different and slightly less violent way.

Kubo went balls in and let his autism take over, now he only draws handsome guys and writes antiphilosphy. 8/10 cause those are some good looking guys

Kishi managed to create the most recognizable style that's the same as everyone else.

Personally if you don't think that objectively Kubo is objectively the best here you're an inbred gargoyle.

Attached: 1557539511896~2.png (830x467, 304K)

I really hope you are baiting.

I am not. Kubo won awards and shit I believe. He was a prodigy since childhood last, a literal genius.

thats because you are an edge having retard who needs to make a vegeta amv to linkin park crawling in my skin.

Please demonstrate the distinctive difference between Makino, Vivi, Camie, Shirahoshi, Kaya and other fishwoman thots

everyone progressed except oda

oh wait really? No wonder his story telling was bad. He was good a character design but not much else when it came to story.

did you not look at them, by your logic any one who has the same cranial structure is same faced. Hell kubo does the same thing but switches out hair and eyes and some times lips. How can you not see it?

Yes Kubo likes to draw cool shit. So making manga for him is getting paid to draw cool shit.

Why the fuck is that jpg called Oda vs Kishi vs Kubo and only features Oda vs Kishi?
And why is it comparing background characters from Naruto with main characters from One Piece? And why isn't putting in the samefaces girls Oda does?

yeah? and Oda likes to draw fun shit, and thats why he outsells kubo in japan when he was still making bleach. I see now why he calls this Bleach, you have to drink it to enjoy reading his garbage.

>that single character that looks weird
huh?

>or traced
dont use words you dont know, ESL brainlet

>since it can be bothered to be creative outside of the face
I said spare me your gibberish, ESL pissard

your average pisstard is barely more intelligent than your average dragging balls spic

Attached: sternritter.png (2472x1738, 1.95M)

>huh?
the pic you posted dip shit. that single character that looks weird. God damn do I need to draw you a map?
See all you can spout off is the same words you learned in your mud hut. You just posted faces of men while begging why does all of odas hit females look the same. You can't even compare to what oda has done in character design to kubo. For every ten unique character models there is a hundred more done by oda.

>muh sales
had to be a pissfag
don't cry when some hunterfag spams your thread with sales related crap, after all, you love to bring it up
pissfags and their lack of self awareness, perfectly encapsulated in one image

What did Miura mean by this?

Attached: r016.jpg (728x1115, 280K)

because the kubo tard doesn't even know the difference.

>your average pisstard is barely more intelligent than your average dragging balls spic
case in point

>had to be a pissfag
>don't cry when some hunterfag spams your thread with sales related crap, after all, you love to bring it up
no need lets talk about how oda is still going strong and kubo pussed out like a weak fart of an ending. Hey! Here is a deus ex machina for you just so happen to have while my half quincy half soul reaper half hallow half hack of a character does the same slash since the beginning of the manga!

>retarded pisstard is retarded
>hurr durr it be cuz of da kubo tard
The pathetic deflection

you do realize that you were being retared since you didnt even realize what I was talking about. No wonder you english is so bad.

you have been doing that this entire time!

and another one

You're retarded. Oda says in one of the SBS that he draws anything that moves and his assistants draw things that aren't in motion like backgrounds. Kubo didn't draw backgrounds as a stylistic choice, not because he was lazy. And Oda isn't the hardest working of the three, he's the one with more assistants and now the one who constantly takes breaks.

It was all downhill from late part 4

>Using the most different girls only
>Using the coloured characters and not the manga versions.
>Using the characters in weird poses.
Yikes.

>You're retarded. Oda says in one of the SBS that he draws anything that moves and his assistants draw things that aren't in motion like backgrounds. Kubo didn't draw backgrounds as a stylistic choice
yeah in this scene its really stylistic if I just dont do my back grounds. I mean its a style choice, i can trance some out if I wanna but I dont.
Please the guy got bored and stopped caring. He was a genius alright he knew what you would lap up and he was right.

that pic is in support of copy paste, not trying to disprove it

kubo cool but lacks the depth of character in the other two. I see luffys eyes and i think nakama power, i see naruto and i think of the struggle to maturity. What the fuck does ichigo represent? he kinda goes 'tch' a lot and is chill.

all of them were in the manga, what the fuck are you on about are nit picking 1 character out of many and saying that's your evidence of Oda not making a character? The whole thing is his.

More diverse than Bleach? Say what again?
Naruto I don't know desu. Kishi didn't even use that many female characters lol. On the other hand, thank god he didn't if he was gonna write them like Sakura.

no its not, are you blind or willfully stupid?

>yeah in this scene its really stylistic if I just dont do my back grounds. I mean its a style choice, i can trance some out if I wanna but I dont.
Yes...? That's a basic art concept. Besides, if he really was lazy, he could hire assistants just to do that, like Oda does.
>Please the guy got bored and stopped caring. He was a genius alright he knew what you would lap up and he was right.
He was literally sick due to overwork, and unlike Oda, decided to end the series instead of taking breaks every month and milking it.

yeah you havent read the manga have you? Each island has their own unique group of characters.

Imagine modern Araki doing the entirety of Phantom Blood today.

Attached: file.png (1248x866, 3.04M)

>being this retarded
The lack of bb in Kubo's artwork it's a clear evolution of his stily, bringing to the exteme the black/white contrat and slimming down the figure.
On the other end of the traits that makes Oda's currents art style less likable than before (or more "soul less") is an overcrowding of the backgrouns and a thicker trait on the characters.
He's as good as before, but his pages now lack breath and everything is too dense. And his paneling/visual generally got worse imo, just look at and Kata vs luffy is a simple split page in a statich image.
Crew vs Oz has the right spaces and withes between the crewmembers and a greater emphasis on how threatening Oz looks, given by the broken pavements and the perspective

nobody can seriously look at that pic and claim it shows anything else than more copy paste

>deciced to end the series
Really round about way of saying it got axed

>Yes...? That's a basic art concept. Besides, if he really was lazy, he could hire assistants just to do that, like Oda does.
Oda still drew it all out his assitants only help with clean up and minor details in the back ground. He does more work than Kubo he had to be hospitalized. Its like you dont know shit about one piece. You never read it. Ok I get it now you dont even bother because you are too autistic on drawing style than taking it as the manga as the whole.
Ok you will eventually try it out when you get older and you don't fear peoples taste as much.

I know you're a OPtard who doesn't keep up with Bleach news and is here just to spout memes, but Kubo explained his decision to end the series on twitter years ago.

Oda fanboys do. They created it for that exact purpose.

Jesus, Luffy looks like an off-brand version of himself now. Naruto looks flat and uninspired compared to the before. Same for Bleach, though I agree that Kubo technically improved as a draftsmen.

at least they evolved, togashi's manga have looked like garbage since early yuyu

>Why the fuck is that jpg called Oda vs Kishi vs Kubo and only features Oda vs Kishi?
>your average pisstard is barely more intelligent than your average dragging balls spic
Because the entire comic it's from has Kubo in it too, retards.

Attached: Oda-Vs-Kishimoto-Vs-Kubo-1-one-piece-11345749-653-1018.jpg (653x1018, 207K)

Absolutely all soul was sucked out of Kishi post-TS. Kub should have stopped his evolution at early Arrancar arc. Oda peaked at Water 7, but didn't real get too bad later, the real problem is everything being to cluttered in his panels from some point on.

>being ngmi

Attached: ic.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Attached: carrot.png (1102x865, 580K)

Nice assumptions retard. I read One Piece and I read the SBS sections to the point I remember random trivia like Oda explaining what he draws and what his assistants draw. There's no need to get defensive about the art of a series with bad art and a great story.

ew

Sure bro. That's why it was rushed to hell. Jump totally didn't give him a deadline.

sweet lord the delusion

Attached: b8be0e0e188abc4169051df8b1a90a76--couple-.jpg (700x655, 46K)

do people really find these attractive

>People shit on Oda for having assistants that do backgrounds
>When every weekly mangaka does
Plus Oda is known to have his assistants do less than other weekly mangakas

>Bleach guy
Made me chuckle.

hey kubofag, here was another one of kubo's stylistic choice!

Attached: 31eN8Ro0TML.jpg (300x300, 10K)

I bet if you make a randomizer that just picks out random pages from Naruto, OP, and Bleach the OP one will always be the best

Different user here but cartoony art != bad art. Sure kubo is technically a better artist but his edgy art style is lame to me

But at least it's stylish shit!

I think Oda's art style got worse. Particuparly his proportions. Not just women, but men too.

>Kubo's art
>Edgy
Really?

>serious OP vs Naruto vs Bleach debate
And you suddenly feel 10 years younger.

At least try to make your shitposting look entertaining.

This. Kubo can make a white page with one word meaningful. Sadly retards don't have high enough IQ to understand that.

there's blood in every fight

Ironically the best part of this screenshot is the part with just Carrot and no background. The rest is cluttered with action lines, particle effects, onomatopoeia and of course background. Moreover, her motions make no sense. One panel she's jumping from right to left, then a roundhouse kick from left to right is shown. The fodders in the small panels disappear in the bigger shot. This is just... not good.

he never learned how to draw noses
>oneshot
13 years old
>volume 1
>volume 4
>volume 8
>all other volumes
roughly 30

I'll always have a place in my heart for Kubo. Dude draw Rangiku Matsumoto. Goddess od godesses. Yoy cannot nane a better looking 2d than her. PERIOD

sorry buddy but no

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-031124_Chrome.jpg (720x1280, 425K)

When this is how the most impactful moment in the series looks, it goes beyond cartoony and is straight up bad. Not to mention cluttered scenes that have nothing to do with it being cartoony. Toriko had a worse case of cluttering and wasn't cartoony for example.

Attached: images (7).jpg (456x672, 68K)

>says the women all look alike
>upon being proven wrong, immediately says, "You chose the ones who all look different."

Hm.

Oda really lost his charm

>I need everything too look serious and pretty or its just shit just shit, if i can't take it seriously NO ONE CAN!

I don't like the art style doesn't translate into it's bad. Since i don't like picaso i can call him a bad artist i guess cool

Yeah. Man OP art is pure shit. I could never go past a few chapters even if the backgroynds were top tier. Oda face art is beyond garbage and kills his great backgrounds.

worse
better
worse

op we know its you

>Sure kubo is technically a better artist
also not true

Late Bleach was shit why do people praise it? Everyone looked like horses after the timeskip. Those long faces were hard to look at.

>Making 4 sequel novels for an axed series

Oda actually got souless. Kubo got better even if the old style was more comfy, also no backgrounds meme. Kishi would've been better if he didn't try to emulate the anime art style.

laughable

Attached: 1488327785440.jpg (438x960, 40K)

>Oda actually got souless
Nice meme

Wow got 'em bro. Almost as good as an anime.

Wow his mouth is so big it looks silly, how am I suppose to take this seriously?

op what are you doing nigga?

Kubo's art is certainly quiet expressive. That's for sure.

Attached: 1546539171705.jpg (1066x1600, 373K)

>Moving goalposts after loosing the argument

now he is ignoring posts and talking to himself.
I gotta watch this and how it goes.

There is no argument. Sequels have nothing to do with the ending being rushed. If it wasn't axed tell me a reason it wasn't aninated immediately since fans want it so much

Attached: nick simmons on incarnate bleach filthy tracer.png (557x1222, 142K)

Really? Do you really think you are making a point.

and support it still

Kubo suffers from massive sameface syndrome. Oda does as well, but he tries to mask it with extremely exaggerated designs (not always successfully, half the girls in the series are basically the same person). Kishi has that advantage.

I'd consider Oda the best artist of the bunch overall, just based on design and creativity. I know some people don't like that his art isn't as aethestically pleasing, but his skill is really apparent in his designs and art. Typically when a series goes on for this long, there isn't much that looks new, but he's still churning out unique designs with each arc and chapter. That's not easy to do.

Kubo's style is more aesthetic and tasteful (and his spreads were always /fa/ as fuck), but overall he was pretty limited in what he did. I get where you're coming from OP in terms of "appealing," but artist's stick with styles for a reason. It's certainly not that Kishi or Oda can't draw like Kubo does, it's about sticking to a style.

Kishi's art definitely got worse with time. The old art had a lot more attention to detail that was lost with time, which is a shame because his old stuff was great. He used to have a passion for mech stuff, I was a little surprised his new series isn't tilted that way.

he is laughing, why should you?

yeah, I guess even the rich kids have their untalented types.

When comparing the old work to the newer work, Oda's the one that lost much more of it's charm. Deal with it.

Why give sequel novels to a series that was axed in the first place? Answer this simple question.

this is what happens when you dont properly discipline your kids.

just so you know that I am not same fagging bit you are.

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-032534_Chrome.jpg (720x1280, 416K)

Cause fans support bleach merch,artbooks etc? Kubo was clearly on a deadline,unless you are telling me he is that much of a shit writer that he wrote thag ending without pressure

>hurr durr no 2 people can dare talk shit about Oda it must be a samefag
Not gonna even bother posting anything else. Keep living with that attitude.

Wasn't this confirmed to be a troll account rather than the actual guy?

>unless you are telling me he is that much of a shit writer that he wrote thag ending without pressure
If you examine the arrancar arc, it mostly suffers from the same problems quincy arc had. Kubo just wasn't able to tie up those behemoth arcs properly, they went on too long and got out of hand.

The novels were decided before the manga ended. Also the Narita novels expanded upon the ending and answered some important questions. Besides kubo's health was on a decline since fullbring. He was hospitalized more than once during the last arc and underwent surgery after the manga ended. Shueisha allowed Kubo to end it early as the novels being made.

I honestly liked Kubo's earlier style Sure it "improved" but it gave way to people crying "same-face" when he essentially streamlined the art style.

Yep, it was. But it stuck. Can't say it's an unappropiate punishment.

Left soul
Right souless

because you are lying that you are just samefagging. I mean you could at least try to shop an image to prove us wrong but damn you lazy!

>Kubo
learned to make eyes and mouth smaller so there's even more white empty space on my page
>Kishi
nothing changed, luckily i waxs good since the beginning
>Oda
i couldn't do this a year ago and now i can, what's next ?

>nothing changed
Are you for real?

Really?

another case for part 7's superiority

>More diversity than I thought, and definitely more than Bleach
Say what nigga? You blind?

Attached: Bleach_PARTY.jpg (5615x4000, 2.13M)

Attached: 08-09.png (1817x1300, 1004K)

>the most hardest worker
Hiro Mashima

well you have a point, he churns out crap like crazy but there is effort in it.

>three chapters and a color page one week
>follower by three chapters and a color page next week
What kind of robot that guy is?

Cope

dilate?

Tumblr

You having fun waiting for that new chapter?

No.

Attached: 0000.jpg (700x700, 129K)

shouldnt you be picking a fight with dr stone fags or fireforce fags or any other shounen fag? Never mind you fit perfectly here.

Here you can see Ichigo's emotion clearly and with no context, even if most of his face is shadowed. Stern, determined look. Clenched fist. Stiff pose. The raining background adds to the scene.
Here you can't tell what the hell Luffy is feeling with the image alone. Of course the narrative makes it clear, but just the panel? Is he doing a "wow" face, like the Enel one? His pupil-less eyes show no sadness, they show tiredness if anything. What's the point of the snot on his nose? The floppy arms would be good if he was looking down, would represent his hopelessness and lack of strength as he looked into his brother. With him looking up, it's just awkward. He has the strength and anger to shout and cry, but not to move his arms.

Speedreader

9gag

slowpoke.jpg

>they show tiredness if anything
Because he is in fact tired, exhausted, he shouldn't be able to move but is basically going on injected adrenaline, two doses actually, since he was out of it maybe an hour before. Then the shock from Ace's death literally knocked him out. I mean, Oda's style is very cartoony, and this panel might be too much in that direction, but your "improved" description doesn't match what was happening.

Kubos art is amazing. It's like he imprinted the years onto the paper. The thousand years of blood war arc has this feeling of complete sad emptiness but at the same time this nostalgic draft to the past it's very fitting to the post facebook times we live in. Pisstards may see it as a bad thing but the reality is once you take a closer look you will appreciate the detailed character showcases and the replies they give to eachother. The only characters really motivated to do the handymanswork are the 'bad guys'. It's like the maincast is sick of the old playbook and only came together for one last ride.

You see Mayuri being incredible enthustiastic wearing a sunflower outfit but once his battle concludes his mask falls of too and what is left is a tired scientist which is the complete deviation of what one would expect considering Mayuris maniac attitude.

Attached: sun man.jpg (817x687, 75K)

And he still has free time to play monster hunter

You gotta make time for monster hunter! Especially the new one thats coming out. We got beasts need-a slaying!

Luffy beating Katakuri was complete bs given he couldn’t even beat Doflamingo without help.

Shit argument. On the level of HxH 'wall of text' defenders

>he says while replying to an image of chapter 941
Did you come from the future or something?

>When this is how the most impactful moment in the series
Actually it's when Going Merry passes away.

yeah I think oda screwed the pooch on that one. I mean he made Luffy's victory seem unbelievable. But then we see what level he really is when facing against big mom and queen.

Kishi didn’t evolve so much as made his assistant start drawing everything for him.

Holy shit man you're just too dumb. I feel ashamed as an ESL seeing people like you on these threads. OPchads aren't this dumb. I'll have to ask you to go buy a grammar book and stop nitpicking on grammatical 'errors' that are not from ignorance. because we don't have to use apostrophes everywhere, they're a pain in the ass

ass pained crought? I speak it just fine the problem was you being so poor at it I have to talk to you like I am writing a manuel.

What's a crought?

>just make me sad cause the Strawhats don't have fun like this any more.

Blame the faggots who keep asking for "MUH FIGHT and MUH DANGER, we're in the new world all the strawhats should do is fight and suffer", these are the same faggots who gets pissed if an arc isn't just Luffy shows up and beats up who he needs to beat up in 1 chapter then leaves...

>color
YumeNikkiVomit.jpg

>manuel

Most the Supenovas can hardly be called main characters, thats for sure, and even then Oda's random ass background characters are more creative than Shitimoto

doflamingo is stronger than kata

心が

Luffy looks worse, actually.

>He likes smeared, shitty messes on every page
Fuck off with your stupidity.

Hm I guess they have different appeals. Kishi is not my thing but I can see the appeal of it.

slowreader arent you?

I couldn't stand how Kubo's art evolved. Same stupid eyes and nose on every pic. He made the faces look too long as well

Oda's art style is shit and hasn't evolved in any way really, other than getting worse.
Kubo improved but at the cost of his backgrounds famously.
Kishimoto's art style got worse. He should've switched to a monthly format with Part 2 honestly.

Then why are so many of them cute?

I liked Kubo’s style better when it was a bit messy. They all now look too handsome/polished
Kishimoto used to draw absolutely amazing fight scenes and used to be good at drawing hands and shits. His style is pretty bad post time skip, fight scenes are meh and everyone looks weirdly fat in the clothes he draws too.
Oda’s style is what made me unable to read One Piece.

Superior image

Attached: jojo art.jpg (1728x3728, 1.03M)

Many manga don't use backgrounds often because they add useless clutter to the image a lot of the time.
Shishunki Bitter Change barely used backgrounds at all because rarely, if ever, was something interesting happening in them. It was done to add greater emphasis to the characters, as they were the focus of the story.
Take one page of One Piece by comparison, and a majority of the time, it looks like shit. The backgrounds are so fucking cluttered, it looks like amateur hour shit.

Attached: 1498166619680.png (415x424, 182K)

>judging art improvement for a mangaka with a sigle face panel
You baka ass motherfucker. All of them actually got worse over time, but Kishi and Kubo's art in particular became completely soulless.

yeah, SS Kubo was my fav era, he refined his style later but there's something about SS Kubo that had a lot of soul.

>none of those are [big words] you actual retard pissard
He ellipted the noun, which is fine in English. You just can't read

Attached: qekjENO.gif (540x543, 1.26M)

pretty much this but Oda's panelling is way worse now

Oda changed but didn't if that makes sense. His backgrounds lost some perspective and I can't help but notice that despite the large amount of character designs it's mostly the same template with new bits slapped onto the top for all but the most notable side characters. How many guys skipped leg day in One Piece land?

Kubo is arguably the better artist although for a while he was just making different flavors of "person in black Kimono" but still managed to make them be distinct. Mexico and Germany let him go back to flexing some diverse designs.

Kishimoto never wowed me but was enjoyable. I think he lost some details going into the future which coincided with his story becoming a more tangled mess.

As far as over time I still enjoyed looking at bleach even if the story was pants on head retarded. Oda has gotten more cluttered in both story and art. Kishimoto just lost me

Oda got too exaggerated, but is still the most consistently good.
Kubo sucks and has sucked for a long time. I honestly don't know what people see in his sameface, same design, no backgrounds art.
Kishi really fucking goofed. His character designs became too simple and although his best stuff was his environmental, urban artwork, he always SORELY underutilized this aspect. Used to be pretty darn good but now it's really uninteresting looking at his art.

Why did Luffy's ears shrink?

except he didn't beat Katakuri, he let him set sail

I envy Oda so much. He puts less effort into his art but makes more money than both of them.

Oda's art looked like shit in the beginning, but he's gotten massively better since then. Kubo was always good, but his style fluctuates with time. Kishimoto's been a disappointingly mediocre artist his whole career, the longer Naruto went on the duller the artstyle became.

>is still the most consistently good
right, but sometimes background looks a bit too much

I'm seeing at least Mel Gibson from Road Warrior and Stallone from Cobra in there.

Kishi can give more visual details while keeping it cleaner than the other two. Oda has some charm but I think he kinda memes himself nowadays. Kubo is shit. Can't do anything but his one-man (same face even) paneling

>sameface, same design
Get your eyes checked

Oda's art is the worst of the three, but the plot is the best and he clearly put more effort into the story than the other two.

Does this look like Ichigo to you user?

Attached: Mask.jpg (518x518, 82K)

this kike and his even more kikey father are such fucking piece of shit scumbags. i hope their lineage stops already

Mask was such a mad lad

Does this look like Luffy to you?

Attached: Ivankov.png (200x234, 48K)

And he's making fun of you for pointing out something as pedantic as ignoring the apostrophe, which does nothing to the meaning of his post no matter how you look at it anyway. At this point I'm pretty fucking convinced this board is just full of spics, brazillians and seamonkeys projecting their insecurities onto others

>this board is just full of spics, brazillians and seamonkeys projecting their insecurities onto others
Just the DBZ and OP generals

Attached: jojo parts.png (1555x695, 1.51M)

That user wasn't accusing Oda of sameface.

All notable shounenshit threads experience the same thing, including the two in the OP. Seamonkeys also infest moeblob threads. This entire board is fucked

Oda went moe,
Kubo gained style,
Kishi became sterile.

Oda make pretty girl sameface, Kubo pretty boy sameface.
Thet's why after some time the ugly characters appeal so charming.

Someone should add an SnK one, that's real development from the very bottom.

He was smart to choose a comedic stile so stuffs like noodlimbs on everyone is 100% allowed.
Still doesn't stop some fags from going batshit about stupid designs every single arc.

Take your own advice. All his damn pretty boys and girls ended up having the same stupid mopey face

None of the OP girls are pretty. Nami use to be when she had short hair, but that’s really it.

And all three look much less interesting (or as Yea Forums would call it, soulless)

Cope

Kishimoto is a great artist but he doesn't put on his full abilitiy while drawing the chapters and I can understand that if you work under shounen jump for a decade.

Attached: n252E0Z.jpg (1887x1300, 584K)

Burn the witch also had pages without background. It's a stylistic choice

Oda's about the same
Kubo got "better" but he had a serious sameface issue
Kishimoto got worse. His art stopped looking all rough and unique like they used to in Part 1 and started intentionally looking more like the anime

I agree with what OP was saying... with no context, from the expression alone, you might think Luffy has been poisoned. I'm pretty sure Oda has better panels than this, but it's true that this one was not perfect by any means, and it should, at least been better since this was such an important moment.

Kishimoto was still good imo.

Attached: naruto-4255571.jpg (800x1187, 157K)

Seriously that's amazing.

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Attached: P0088-Naruto-Shippuden-Anime-Poster-Wohnzimmer-Wand-Kunst-Wohnkultur-NEU-40x60-Print-Leinwand-Poster (1000x666, 283K)

Is this the best example you could use? This looks like shit compared to his old work. I just searched for a random old chapter and you can just immediately see the difference

Also get that Obito shit out of here. Terrible villain

Attached: naruto-1565195.jpg (760x1200, 181K)

If there is one thing weekly mangakas cant reach Kubo in a million years than it is art, his is just freaking awesome, only one who comes close is araki at some parts, meanwhile kubo did it constantly.
Just for that rereading the series is worth it desu.

That fucker didnt even read Blach lmao.

>asking Yea Forums about art
Seriously.

With... what?

Agreed. Also best Mayuri design.

>posts anime

at least do like this user

I'll never reread Bleach. So much wasted potential

Let me guess, Tatsuki was you waifu?

That's legitimately remarkable paneling. Huh.

One Piece is a downgrade, eapecially if you look at Chopper

Shit man, you are butthurt

Oda has definitely come into his own and has stayed consistent with his art, considering how fucking long One Piece is going on. Only that guy who draws Hajime no Ippo could be praised more for consistency. It's a goddamn shame that One Piece's anime is stuck with Toei, because if the anime had in a quarter of a life and color that Oda puts in his color-spreads it would be AOT year every year.

Kubo art got more angular, but his original, post Zombie Powder style made Bleach feel really unique. About the only thing he's been consistent with his monster designs, character-wise the huge as fuck cast all started to become more angular and thin; but the change with Bleach seems to stem more from artist fatigue rather than evolving his style.

Kishimoto had some amazing spreads in the beginning of Naruto, even if his fight-choreography seems suspect as fuck. Though the general art in Naruto has always been good, I honestly felt like Kishimoto style degraded severely after the Shippuden anime started and once the anime finished the Gaara rescue arc, he low-key started emulating the anime's more lazy art and just coast for the rest of his series, despite showing repeated his arc could be so much better; his newest serial makes this evident,

Lastly, I won't compare Oda, Kishimoto and Kubo's art between each other, because that's not only faggot shit, it's stupid, since their individual styles have different strengths for the types of manga they're illustrating/illustrated weekly.

>It's a goddamn shame that One Piece's anime is stuck with Toei,
Fortunately everything's been restructured so the anime is looking masterful for Wano (at least for now). Maybe it'll finally be a consistently good adaptation now?

>Oda's art is still very charming and expressive, although his pretty girls all look identical now
>Kubo's art went from having tons of charm to looking soulless, he can only draw 3 kinds of male and female faces
>Kishimoto's art went from having tons of charm to having boring-looking characters where girl characters look just like the males but with boobs

>hurr soulless
>durr 3 faces
Wrong

>Fortunately everything's been restructured so the anime is looking masterful for Wano (at least for now). Maybe it'll finally be a consistently good adaptation now?

I'll believe it when I see it. I see that they not only have filler, after the Ace/Tama episode, but I'm sure they'll be promotional filler for Stampede.

We'll see if Toei is full of shit if the episodes that follow the filler get the same amount of love. With Dragon Ball Super, it only took a massive backlash after that cluster-fuck that was episode 5, and even then, they still had a lot of rushed episodes.

One Piece, like Dragon Ball, HnK and Dr. Slump are all iconic series that deserve Toei not to drag their nuts, but they will and still do, because nips let them get away with it.

>Better
>From soul to soulless constipated

Attached: komi_you.png (648x1140, 610K)

>he never learned how to draw noses
Seems like he forgot how to draw noses between parts 4-7 and then remembered.
It all looks great to me though. Better than what I could ever do.

Attached: johnny anime.gif (256x144, 178K)

Based user.

I know, I just told him to read burn the witch because it contains pages with detailed background.

One Piece looked the best when it was the Ganzack OVA.

Attached: 1545411343852.png (1280x720, 474K)

80% of his male characters have the same facial structure.

Attached: 4f86907df085c3fd5cd2a0d6083dac6e--bleach-art-bleach-anime.jpg (564x595, 110K)

Soul vs soulless
Soul vs soulless
Soul vs soulless

I want my japanese ghostbusters back.

One Piece barely changed
Bleach got really good, but the characters became same faced.
Naruto lost it's soul.

>80% of male characters

Your sample size is shit

Soul, Soul
Soulless, Soulless
Soul, Soulless

Oda's art got worse, both technically and aesthetically. He draws a lot of stuff but he doesn't know how to organize it properly so every page is a stylistic clusterfuck.
Kubo's art evolved nicely, his usage of space and paneling is amazing. People complain about the lack of backgrounds but that was clearly an stylistic choice.
Kishi lost his soul.

>Kishimoto
soul to souless

Oda's guys are great, lots of charm and variety.
Kubo's guys are mostly sameface, they are good looking tho.
Kishi's guys are okay, some memorable designs there.
Oda's girls look the same, he has two type of female characters and both are not attractive
Kubo's girls are hot.
Kishi's girls look like trannies

>Oda's art sucks now because it's a clusterfuck
>Kubo art doesn't suck now even though he doesn't draw backgrounds b-b-because it's a stylistic choice

I'm not wrong, either.
If you seriously think Kubo doesn't have a case of sameface then you have a serious case of delusion.

He had some weak points in shippuuden but come on.

Attached: 0173770f1ef7cba7874c925330fa66d6.jpg (479x810, 100K)

You are, cope

Kishimoto is actually pretty good

Attached: d82a1d6c047e5b3e68ca6fef4b606cd1.jpg (640x920, 165K)

>Kubo´s doesnt suck because it isnt a clusterfuck
Congratulations user, you cracked the code

Pretty pretty good.

Attached: naruto-manga-chapter-518.jpg (693x1000, 113K)

Sai a cute!

I liked the way he drew and structured his panels if that makes any sense.

Oda really has gotten worse over the years but only artwise, his story at its worst was probably still better than the best of both Bleach and Naruto. Bleach is the best artwise, by far. Naruto is a turn off your brain manga, crafted for tards, that's why it's the most famous of the three. Especially in the states where there's basically 80% tard population

Attached: 1478647342497.jpg (640x640, 43K)

Sasuke Retsuden cover

Attached: 2f20c7e7-964b-43aa-a825-6e35121484ad.jpg (800x1259, 349K)

The change in Oda's artstyle has both positives and negatives as the tone of One Piece changes, as the story's become more serious the style now suits its villains more, such as doflamingo, katakuri and kaido recently, but the more wacky elements (arguably the qualities that made one piece so popular to begin with) have suffered greatly. Luffy's gags are now downright unfunny and are now also accompanied by his powerlevel exponentially increasing thanks to shounen plot bullshit
On a separate note Oda's panelling has also become almost trash tier and his pages have become increasingly cluttered and hard to read

left: soul
right: soulless

Generally speaking I prefer Oda. But Kishi is great when he really puts effort into his work.

Damn son how does it feel to be brain damaged?

Oda's art is literally "maximalism gone wrong". Post-timeskip One Piece is nothing but a bunch of poorly organized panels filled with creative but tone-deaf designs clashing against each other. His only saving grace is adding little bits of lore on most panels.
The lack of backgrounds on Bleach is clearly an artistic choice, Kubo has always expressed a love for minimalism and he makes a lot of references to modernist artists (all Espada are named after arquitects).
The difference between Kubo and Oda is that Kubo cares about art in a cinematic sense and uses the narrative as a vehicle to show aesthetically pleasing designs, poses, fights and layouts at the expense of a coherent plot. Oda is the opposite, he uses art as a vehicle to deliver plot and crams every page with excessive information at the expense of the visual result. I'm not saying that one is better, but in a purely artistic sense Kubo is clearly superior.

Kubo was only good at drawing pretty faces, that's it. Oda sucks, but his old art used to be comfy and had soul, now it's just total mess. Kishimoto was the most talented one out of the three.

Oda's current art is alot better in color but not as good in black and white. Wano has seen an improvement in the art as a whole. but can still be cluttered.

>maximalism gone wrong
Queen's introduction comes to mind. That double spread should have been 3 pages, if not 4

>"Maximalism gone wrong"
>Samurai 8

Samurai 8 is actually probably the worst of maximalism

peaked in part 6 and 7

Kishi is only in charge of the story. He isn't the one responsible for drawing Samurai 8.

You can clearly see where he regressed into the gay, it's actually quite tragic

True. Im just saying that Samurai 8 has some really bad completely cluttered panels

Attached: 18-19.png (1836x1300, 1.05M)

>starts out with muscular fucking dudes
>it kind of excessively celebrates the male body but eh, I guess, it's just his style
>along part 4 they get thinner, all characters are fuckbois now
>somewhere around part 5 dudes start wearing lipstick on a casual basis, the outfits get even more ridiculous
>part 8 introduces the first gaylord Jojo as Araki finally comes to terms with his sexuality
We truely have come a long way fellows

Attached: 15995714_1355459687845262_157643039_n.png (400x227, 83K)

Epic bait nigger

It's a comic book though, not a painting. Wheter you can see understand what's happening without context or not is not really important, since you're expected to know the context when seeing the panel. And I'm really not sure how you're supposed to draw him so you'd be able to grasp it without knowing what's happening. It's not just a despair or helplessness. You have a guy losing conciousness from combination of shock and tiredness.

What exactly is supposed to be good here? I mean, using mngapanda (seriously, why?) surely doesn't help, but I can't see anything impressive on this page.

Bleach improved, Naruto stayed the same, OP somehow degraded even more, what a shit show with shit art.

>If you seriously think Kubo doesn't have a case of sameface then you have a serious case of delusion.
Most mangaka have sameface though. It's called finding their own style. Sameface is only a massive problem when you can't tell the characters apart, and that's never happened with Bleach. A bad case of sameface would be the style of Adachi.

Attached: 1465327866-0701fe8937c9d621c989a3b1da2d7a2b_orig.png (760x430, 326K)

Minimalsim is a valid choice. The thing is, how much of a meme "no backgrounds" has become is an indicator of Kubo failing with this. I'm not art expert, so I can't tell what's wrong with those, but Kubo's panels are empty in a way that makes you focus not on what is drawn but on what isn't, the emptiness itself.
>inb4 casual
Kubo wrote shonen manga though, it's meant for casuals.

BLEACH; the better looking you are, the stronger you are.

Attached: figwht.3.jpg (1818x1286, 530K)

>his story at its worst was probably still better than the best of both Bleach and Naruto
>goes to uncertain island
>the people living there are enslaved by a generic villain
>the main cast needs to asspulls to defeat the villain
>Oda is really slow writing stories, so gonna to be 200+ chapters of abolutely nothing more than fillers and drawning saturations
>repeat the same formula for the next 4 or 5 islands.

Nice story and plot development.

Attached: 1522075939386.jpg (587x451, 26K)

I mss early one piece art so much, the current art is such a messy clusterfuck I can barely tell what is going on some times.

>his story at its worst was probably still better than the best of both Bleach and Naruto
Naruto has the best Shounen story ever.

Attached: d6g0b1y-3789449c-7394-4281-bc1c-2f684010cbd0.jpg (900x1166, 633K)

>Kubo is a misunderstood genius.

Attached: 115.jpg (885x1400, 246K)

I bet Oda's "great storytelling" will be some nebulous tripe about worldbuilding, something only liked by genuine retards who use it to cover up how shit a story is.
Worldbuilding is used to enhance an already good story, whereas in shit like Slime Isekai, Overlord and One Piece, it's used to cover up a bad narrative riddled with plot contrivances, cliches and asspulls.

i miss bleach. it was 90% shit but it had some cool art and panels

Attached: ginhiyori.jpg (981x1006, 519K)

Oda's worldbuilding is nice because he had 20 years to think about it.
The problem is that some faggots think that DEEPEST LORE can justify bad narrative.

Now I remember how everyone in the story freaked out when it happened, but I couldn't give a shit due to how much of a meme injuries in Bleach became.

Ichigo actually grew up

The second aizen announced that orihime's healing ability isnt simply healing, its actually straight up denying reality and undoing cause and effect the tension from any injuries dissapeared.

Don't know why it looks like it draws over 3D models and just add a lot of detail.

Technical they are impecable but looks uninspired.

Oda's art early on was much more dynamic and western-inspired

Now it's sterile, it probably got streamlined to accommodate more people working on it

One Piece got too big for its own good

yeah, still looks neat though

Attached: bleach-4907863.jpg (1200x888, 102K)

Yeah, if it was another manga, that panel when she looks on her legs falling behind her, I'm sure it would have been one very impactful moment. Especially with this mix of fear and disbelief in her expression.

SOUL already has reached Yea Forums.

>arquitects

That isn't accidental.

Attached: D_NRVr5X4AAG9Pv.jpg (408x1200, 189K)

That's clearly a homage to Thirty Hs.

Nothing impressive but it isn't a downgrade from before.

Attached: f47ed43f7220052ad456a7b5c35189cd.jpg (1066x1600, 323K)

Attached: B8BC40EC-D97C-4C7C-93CC-9EBFB79DE145.png (1752x1300, 2.17M)

Unironicly this.
It just feels complete.
We know everything about our MCs and how they grow up, changed, developed and how their look on life changed by time.
Putting the story in a completely flawed ninja world had given kishimoto the chance to create relatable great villans and characters.
I still love how zabuza and Haku still being mentioned afterwards and how strong their impact on Naruto was.

Attached: 36d99155f6181da5670889379dbd2418.jpg (1178x2000, 245K)

Is there a similar side by side comparison for Togashi?

>ITT : fags discussing the art design of something that isn't made for the sake of art nor realism but to appeal to a young audience while narrating a story

One really made his point to the world and mangakas by drawing like shit and getting his mangas universally acknowledged. Don't focus on the outlook, just see images as tools that make the story float

You tried sounding smart but somehow ended up looking more retarded than most of the "fags" you're deriding with that absolutely inane post.
>art design of something that isn't made for the sake of art
Jesus fucking Christ

Attached: DQfK8l.jpg (480x360, 42K)

Attached: look at that top right corner.jpg (1702x1214, 392K)

the man who knows how to draw only one female face.

Doflamingo used help on the whole fucking island lmao

Literally 4 different faces, just like Oda. Naruto has 2-3.

>Using the most different girls only
So, weren't all the same, then? Ok, thanks for proving the point, I guess.

>the most impactful moment in the series looks
One Piece have one. Naruto and Bleach doesn't.

Oda got worse

Actually correct. His manga is shit, but he really love make a ton of content for his fans. Specially, ass, boobs and hips.

19 Years old Togashi made this.

Attached: 095.jpg (800x1281, 238K)

Attached: 111.jpg (800x1278, 270K)

>11.
Sneaky

I like Naruto's art for how crisp it is. Quality doesn't drop at all and fights are satisfying.
I like Bleach's art for how expressive it is with minimal backgrounds, and Kubo's inking ability and use of speed and weight is really impressive. The usage of this was at its peak with Yhwach vs Ichibe.
I like One Piece's art for how detailed it is in every single panel, and how it maintains its cartoony quality and combining it with manga quality.
All in all, they do things differently, but they do it very well. You really see the beauty of all three when you check the actual tank scans for each one.
Pic related is me when everyone ITT finds out I like all three.

Attached: 503.jpg (762x1080, 244K)

>I like Naruto's art for how crisp it is. Quality doesn't drop at all and fights are satisfying

Attached: 1492653650156.jpg (500x276, 43K)

Naruto is bad but not because of its art

That panel was Kino. Fuck early TYBW arc was so entertaining.

Present an argument.

Naruto art actually dropped when he was on full digital.
>Kubo's art is certainly quiet expressive
It was, sadly.

Vol 9 was peak Guts

>Oda same
Nah.

>was

Yup. Zombie Powder and early Bleach was his peak.

Same
Worse
Worse

>was