Shinji is there

>Shinji is there
why?

Attached: why.png (1280x720, 540K)

It's Asuka realizing that her feelings for Kaji have been overtaken by her feelings for Shinji.

Shinji is stealing kaji away from her

Attached: Kaji pls.gif (500x367, 836K)

>Asuka liking a dicklet like Shinji

Attached: 1542316022392.gif (540x540, 1.47M)

also, imagine a shinji smug face there
that would have absolutely destroyed Asuka

Because it was like that

Attached: blushing_asuka_shinji.jpg (640x480, 121K)

Clearly she was into pegging and just wanted that boipucci

dude das gay

Shinji has the Gendo genes.
Draws in pussy despite being as interesting as a rock

Rebuild Asuka doesn't even interact with Kaji. So it doesn't count.

Woulda ruined it. Asuka was insisting on an adversarial Shinji who understood what she meant all along and was mocking her, over scenes showing the opposite and Asuka reacting to them where Shinji couldn't see, she's arguing with herself, it would be something different if the visuals and her description matched.

She wants to bang Kaji and Shinji for different reasons. That's the jist of it

>inb4 shipperfags show up and release their autism

Attached: 1471926502008.png (1024x1113, 832K)

Gendo had the loner bad boy aura since before he met Yui, Shinji is just girly boy.

Asukafags want their waifu to fuck a literally tranny lmao

Attached: tranny shinji.png (901x896, 855K)

>bang Kaji
>to prove that she was an adult
>and Shinji
>out of spite
really a sad person

bitches love cellos

>t. Brainlet

Seems so.

Attached: 70016040.jpg (835x1200, 824K)

Weezer was right!

You know, I think Evangelion works better if Asuka has - in fact - no romantic interest in Shinji. It's the whole "I wouldn't fuck you even if you were the last man on earth thing."

If you put a guy and a girl who don't get along together, you get a pair that's going to split at the first opportunity. People can be perfectly isolated and miserable without reaching out for a sexual interest.

Lucky for you that's exactly how Eva plays out.
She says as much in EoE and that scene in OP's pic wasn't even in the original airing for the show.

Only Asukashippers delude themselves otherwise.

To think Asuka purely hated or purely loved Shinji is retarded. She obviously had a confused mix of both hate and infatuation. To deny this you must either be a retarded shipperfag or just biased against one of the characters

No one denied that, reread my post.
She's a hormonal teenager going through puberty, and her feelings towards Shinji reflect that.
Though her hate for him is certainly genuine because it stems from her genuine hate of herself.

The Asukashippers who try to play off scenes as "tsundere uwu" where her rawest of emotions come out on display like her bath scene disgust me on every level imaginable.

Not that guy, but the story has more versmilitude if these sad, confused individuals are not planning on fucking each other.

>Kaji was gay
I blame Misato for this

Agreed. I'm just tired of seeing people who speedwatched the show make retarded conclusions completely in favor of love or hate because of how complicated their actual relationship is. I can literally name 5 instances off the top of my head as evidence that Asuka wanted Shinji in some regard, whether that be sexual, romantic or as a motherly figure.

If Asuka straight up only hated or loved Shinji EoE would be a complete copout with an ending that completely fails to deliver on the main themes in the story

pinkerton truly is the evangelion of pop

Attached: Why you wanna go and do me like that? Come down on the street and dance like you want to win with me (532x400, 2.76M)

And I'm tired of people who pretend Asuka doesn't have her own individual character outside of her relationship with Shinji.

Shinji was a tiny blip in her character development and how she is portrayed within the show, shippers greatly exaggerate the focus their relationship gets.
Scenes like in OP's pic weren't even in the original airing of the show.

Every relationship in the show is a desperate grasp for validation and a selfish need to fill the loneliness in one's own heart.
There is not a single exception, even Misato's feelings for Kaji are called out as being this. Later on Shinji's feelings for Kaworu parallel this.

It's a sad story about sad people trying to sadly connect with others.
NGE's ending is about learning self-love before reaching out. It's optimistic.
EoE's ending is about reaching out regardless if you're hurt. It's bittersweet.

Attached: Magoro ni.png (846x954, 794K)

The argument about not being in the Director's cut isn't a good one imo. I would imagine it was added after the fact because Anno realized he wanted to portray a certain feeling or emotion originally and he either ran out of time on the original airing or didn't think it through and portray it effectively.

It's as canon as everything else and that's what matters

The scene OP's pic, added in the director's cut, is actually inspired by an evangelion doujinshi by Nobita Nori called "Bridal Veil". Anno liked the doujinshi so much and Nobita's portrayal of Asuka that he implemented it into the show.

The doujin/the scene doesn't imply Asuka likes Shinji like so many Asukashippers think by the way, it confirms that saw it as "not only Kaji, but even someone as lowly and pathetic as Shinji rejects her/doesn't want her/sees her unworthy."
It was the biggest blow to her pride.

The relationship between Shinji and Asuka is extremely important in portraying the main themes of the show. The entire ending and how well it communicates these themes is propped up immensely by the status of their relationship.

Shinji is also extremely important in Asuka's descent and downward spiral as a result of him denying her advances and overtaking her sync rates which in turn collapses one of her only pillars of self worth and destroys her ego. Of course there are many other factors but during her mind rape in Episode 22 Shinji is basically at the forefront and sole object of the montage that is displayed. This isn't to say it was ALL Shinji obviously.
Rei being likened to a doll, Misato giving Shinji favoritism, Kaji dying and all they imply are also all important.

Her character development in EoE was almost all a result of her own character and relationship with her mother and had nothing really to do with Shinji.
Just feels like you are writing off the importance of the relationship to the character's development/regression and thematic purpose of NGE. I probably misinterpreted your post and we actually agree on most things tho so no worries.

Is there something wrong with the director's cuts?

she feels that shinji is the new favorite child.

>Shinji voiced by a trans actor
I can only imagine the voice crack

GOAT POST

What about Toji and Hikari?

I'd put Hikari's feelings for Toji and Maya's feelings for Ritsuko in the same boat
They're minor characters who aren't given as much focus as the MCs so it's understandable their relationships aren't used to fuel the show's main themes.

>EoE's ending is about reaching out regardless if you're hurt.

I thought this was the same message as TV ending too. I guess EoE does it better since only Shinji and Asuka are left whom have hurt each other all throughout the show, but there is hope for acceptance with the face caress despite the pain? Idk I'm a brainlet

Never watched evangelion dubbed dont give a fuck.

or not

Attached: 1245367256438267.gif (500x270, 2.69M)