How did Mafuyu become so popular?

How did Mafuyu become so popular?

Attached: 007DCZbbgy1g3fv9a1fngj31kw0sgdjw.jpg (2048x1024, 169K)

Just take a look at this of the most voted girls in a poll in shonen jump. It's crazy, she got almost 3 times (14598) the one that was before (5760), that shit it's not natural.

Attached: mafuyudomination.jpg (1042x900, 320K)

It was rigged. I'm calling it now. Bokuben as a whole isn't more popular than to love-ru but somehow our sensei topped the list?

Just shows a character can be more popular than the series.

All part of Abe-sama's plan.

>Age-gap relationship with a cute tsundere sensei
Gee I don't know

best design
best personality
best arc
literally best everything out of the kusomanga

Because she's the new waifu of Y-san from Chiba Prefecture.

Who?

The cutest tsundere sensei ever.

Attached: 59487079_631689560576822_625769637361430602_n.jpg (640x640, 57K)

sensei aside, what do you think of asumi-chan fampaitachis? i think she's the most genuine character close to a real girl when it comes to determination and passion in life. Especially her goal and character.

I've known girls like ashumi senpai but they are all landwhales and whores instead of legal lolis.

when are we having a manga about Y-san?

I, for one, welcome the age of cake senseis.

Attached: cake.jpg (228x371, 30K)

Why is she always making this expression?

The huge amount of love people give her flusters her.

Because the fanbase is growing up, which leads to them being attracted to older women.

Attached: DB2A658B-53C8-46D3-A68D-0561B142C71D.jpg (825x1127, 126K)

Answer
>Her ass

Shonen jump readers grew up.
No surprise they pick a girl that is somewhat their age instead of a flatty foomino

tsutsui taishi sensi has very cute wife and mafuyu is based on her. hence why.

It helps she's probably the most complex character too.

Yep. She is also the reformed antagonist. People tend to love that. The ice cream episode makes it clear that she is a virgin. She is the perfect wife/mother combo.

Also, dat ass.

Attached: F3A2003B-434A-47DD-9E50-87C283F579F5.png (634x790, 724K)

Respectfully disagree, but inverted nipples are the shit, yo.

Attached: menacing.jpg (930x345, 165K)

I'm ok with this.

Attached: 1562984730009.jpg (963x2084, 750K)

this
it is blatantly obvious
the hairtying chapter is the biggest tell

What do you mean with "always"?

Attached: lookingatwalkinggarbage.jpg (393x321, 38K)

Why did she try it on?

Senseis are really in right now. What more can I say? Just look at all the teacher based shows from the past few seasons.

king engine is roaring!

Never heard of her, never seen doujin or even fanart, so must be rigged to pass TLR and nisekoi.

Simple answer: Gap moe.
Kinda detailed answer: An extremely rare instance where an adult would have as much screentime, inner conflict, development and design as any other main heroines. Plus the dynamics with the MC is one of the best and comfiest among the heroines as well. On top of those, easily relatable, age included

Attached: 008.png (895x1300, 219K)

She alone is bigger than both.

Attached: 1562965979368.png (834x983, 428K)

She's tsundere without being an abusive cunt like most 2000's era tsun girls
Her autism is cuter than Rizu's
She has the best chemistry with Moeyuki
Teacher x Student is always great

>past few seasons
Like? What else besides nande koko sensei?

Attached: tRtkUNrF8LXcVZap3LGXMChjVvm.jpg (533x300, 48K)

>onodera absolutely murders every other girl

Attached: 1553906021299.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

Mafuyu recently beat the score

Attached: kYBgEtP.jpg (1440x2106, 459K)

Dumb fanservice and you can't prove wrong.

Attached: Indeed+lt+a+shrugging+anime+girl+_7b8ef9b7d34d4d24c289cec0b824bbec.jpg (500x382, 34K)

A perfect mix of Tsun, kuu, dere, stupidy and clumsiness in the unexpected role of teacher.
Her important moment match perfectly well the theme of the series (teaching and learning).
Also it's extremely rare in an harem romcom to have the teacher as a credible winner, even more with such a huge age gap.

Last, the rest of the girls just lack character and charisma.

I don't see better. Not in this particular manga, at least.

There is literally nothing wrong with fan service.

Other than BokuBen and Nande Koko, off the top of my head I can think of Domestic Girlfriend and Nobunaga-sensei.

I guess Persona 5 too, but that's not so recent.

Anyone else feel like the fandom for Hinagiku rallied behind Sensei a bit? I mean, the Kawaii series is pretty cute but it's a pre-established couple so Sensei is more their type of tea.
It also helps that her chapters are very successful, and her personality easily related and keeps to the treasured upbringing trope that lets them feel like they have a chance.

Series is as generic as it gets, people just root for the girl which would be amusing to win. (The sensei character)

>Anyone else feel like the fandom for Hinagiku rallied behind Sensei a bit?
Do you seriously think there's a group of people that gather up just to boost the popularity of a particular character in unrelated series? That's schizo thinking right there.

Attached: 1545716192053.jpg (540x540, 159K)

If that was true then every sensei would be the most popular in their series. Mafuyu is just an all-around more interesting character than the other heroines.

>If that was true then every sensei would be the most popular in their series

Not for actual good rom-coms. Also sensei characters is usually popular.

>Mafuyu is just an all-around more interesting character than the other heroines.

Sort of, but it's because the rest of the girls is so bland.

I want to marry Mafuyu!

>take the antagonist
>make her a super boring heroine
I legitimately do not understand why people like her

Attached: word of imouto.png (400x400, 72K)

>1.) 14,598
>2.) 3,259
what the fuck

It's what happens when you make one of the heroines the mc's functional wife.

Had the best arc hands down, literally something straight out of an eroge route a la Amairo Islenauts. I could say the same about Fumino too but there was something more compelling about Mafuyu's arc than I had with Fumino.
Asumi's was okay too but it was literally side-girl tier. Rizu's was unfortunately not as great and there has yet to be a conclusion for Uruka's unless I missed something.

Attached: 1562771537882.jpg (908x1300, 1.31M)

The numbers don't make sense. The highest it should go is 5000 since that's what more popular series got for their winning girl.

Her cute eyebrows

cry harder foomer

Simple enough, she's the only girl who isn't shit along with senpai. And she wasn't ruined by a toilet episode.

>Rizu's was unfortunately not as great
You mean Fumino act 2: electric boogaloo "why is she so perfect and amazing"?

It was a self-fulfilling prophecy about a girl who is shit at reading emotions having an enormous hang-up about a misunderstanding she had when she was a kid. A shame too, I really like Rizu

Attached: 1561229980521.png (640x444, 120K)

She is a Kuudere tho.

The numbers do make sense, you're just too dumb to get it. Other harems like Nisekoi had several popular heroines so their votes were more evenly split, while in Bokuben Mafuyu is the only girl people really give a shit about, thus the majority of the fanbase elevated her to legendary status.

I wish it had focused on that and not on her inferiority complex regarding Fumino.
After her arc, may as well have them both end up together in a yuri end.

>All those nisekoi fucks
Jesus christ, that's just awful
>Fucking Tsukasa #1
Dang, here I go completely forgetting that was a thing.

Hey, someone ended up using my translation in the end.
Neat.

Do people actually like Nisekoi

Attached: 1407540436404.jpg (720x738, 534K)

That generation's love hina, beat by beat and a lot worse.

we joke about Bokuben's similarities to nisekoi and otterdom but god was that series mind numbing.

I don't think I've yet to encounter such an egregious bad arc as that "stop the wedding" arc Nisekoi had.
At least bokuben's themes of studying and future career paths is infinitely more relatable to that dumbshit "who's key is it" plotline that even the author forgot existed. Bokuben hasn't had nearly that many terrible chapters and arcs nisekoi had either.
I hesitate to even call Nisekoi's MC a character to begin with, at least Nariyuki has some level of character, minimal as it may be.

Attached: 20-3.jpg (926x1300, 335K)

She was so based and universally loved that she stole votes from every other character to the point where more than half of the total votes are for her

>I don't think I've yet to encounter such an egregious bad arc as that "stop the wedding" arc Nisekoi had

Komi must have a few screws loose, between that arc, the climax and onodera baking the cake, he probably had no idea how to convey his ideas in a manner that didn't sound offensive and completely pants on head retarded.

You can't seriously believe all of those 14k votes are genuine. I'm not saying she wasn't going to win anyway, obviously she was, but those votes are massively inflated and anyone thinking she's suddenly the most popular shonen jump female of all time is delusional.

Attached: subverted with 14598.png (1218x5414, 2.44M)

Imagine being this guy.

Who?

>samefagging voters

Guess who's the expert on the subject?

Attached: p1.png (784x1145, 298K)

Fumino a shit

>Talk about how she would have won the poll anyway even without inflated votes
>Immediately accuse me of being a fan of some other girl despite me not even reading this crap

Like clockwork.

I can only pray bokuben doesn't make those stupid pitfalls like Nisekoi and Masamune. For once, I like every everyone in the series.

Attached: 1559396570529.png (2000x472, 1013K)

>sensei is figuratively taking Nariyuki's cherry

I love Rizu

Attached: Rizu8.png (602x800, 527K)

I feel bad for the author. He now has to either drastically change the story to cash in on her popularity, or keep on doing what he wanted do and piss off more than half his fanbase.

Attached: 1560664440393.png (764x450, 220K)

>shitzu

>drastically change the story
>bokuben
>story
Oh come on, at this point you could literally have a Mizuki end and the "story" would support it, because it has none.

There's nothing solidly set in stone aside from them being 3rd year students about to enter college. Nariyuki can just become her TA or some shit, what "drastic" thing did you have in mind?

Literally this.

Attached: 75575723_p0.jpg (1870x1679, 959K)

harem romcom starting during the third year of high school and based around studying for the exam, putting the supposed deadline after graduation
make one of the girls incapable of understanding basic emotions
make the second deny her feelings for longer then it has any real sense
make the third one blowing every opportunity she has
make the forth one just a playful teasing character that has nothing to do with the main plot for most of the time

make the MC the only character sensei is willing to show her messy side
one of the ongoing themes with sensei is Nariyuki making with her the memories she didn't have time for in high school
they have some bizarre relationship in which he frequents her apartment to clean it and to have a quiet and relaxing place to study
she has a previous history with his family
He restores her smile
They have some cute moments
They have plenty of fan service moments
karego
even the supernatural seem to favor her

Is this the Denial phase or the Bargaining phase? I can't tell.

>they have some bizarre relationship in which he frequents her apartment to clean it

There's a theory that she keeps her place always messy just to have Nariyuki come over a lot.

Attached: 1563066431421.png (957x934, 908K)

>the memories she didn't have time for in high school
I feel they've gone far beyond that level, what with their scouting out an apartment and babysitting
christmas and the New Year shrine visit will probably be big events for them, I'm expecting he'll meet her parents.

and winning a poll means very little Miku wins 5toubun polls but she is not going to win

Remember when Ayafags were so butthurt they made their own fanfic ending and uploaded it to manga sites

Fan service is everything that's wrong with anime and the sole reason why it will never mature as an industry

Attached: Rizu5.jpg (271x311, 29K)

>scores a shy single (most like virgin) high school teacher who used to be a figure skater

Nariyuki is the luckiest man in the world

Attached: 19.jpg (675x393, 75K)

That's what you get for comparing a good character with a bunch of cardboard cutouts of generic romcom archtypes.

My guess? Rigged vote, or Y-san, or higher ratio samefag vote, etc.

Vote manipulation by 22i to minimise butthurt from fans when they call him out for pandering after Fumino's win.

Does it really matter with such a large difference? The other girls barely have votes.

You're thinking viz poll.

let them cope, user
they've already gotten BTFO over it so many times these past days that they've been left broken like a record

But every girl has duplicates, not just sensei. If you want to make the assumption that her votes are duplicated then you'd have to do the same for every other girl. Say, for example, you say a third of her votes are duplicated then you'd have to apply that same logic to Fumino which means she only has 1000 votes in total

My favorite

Attached: 1563056027132.png (960x297, 48K)

forbidden love is more interesting than classmate love

/bread

How would he have to drastically change the story? She has the most romantic development out of anybody else and Nariyuki doesn't like anybody yet

Continue to be deluded

All he really has to do is have Sensei admit to Nariyuki that she does in fact see him as a man.

cope

>age gap
>taboo
>gap moe
I dunno user, how could she dominate the polls? Truly puzzling.

>take out 10000 of her votes
>still on the lead
The other girls just became
>literally who cares

Denial was rejecting the votes in the first place or saying that she wouldn't have won if not for some group of 6 or so Y-sans

Bargaining is saying that she still should have won but not possibly by that much and that 4-5k votes are by one person

Anger is sperging out and shitting on Mafuyu cause you're so butthurt by the result

Depression is crying in your room or making a Fumino coping thread like with chapter 100

Acceptance is- oh who am I kidding, they'll never get to this phase

> Acceptance is-
The usual shitposting, just worse and with 57% more butthurt.

Attached: bokubenisHell.png (925x1382, 554K)

is it bad that i want to cum inside sensei?

do you think she'd go on maternity leave or just give up on life and retire?

>is it bad that i want to cum inside sensei?
Why would you do that to Nariyuki's wife?

Tits and ass.

>How did Mafuyu become so popular?
Just read the manga and you'll find out. I haven't watched the anime (I'll probably try later on, but I'm so tired of Nariyuki's voice actor having almost every MC in every anime), but sensei is really the Sheldon Cooper of Bokuben. Hadn't it been for her, the manga would've been axed a long time ago. She single handedly saved the whole manga. I'd probably drop it if it weren't for her.

Is this worth watching just for her though?

Don't watch it, read it and I'd say it's worth doing. It's a cute manga and I like 4/5 of the cast but she's way better than the others

Miku is more popular though.

Attached: 1553110672789.png (580x326, 282K)

>Comparing that to an official JUMP poll

Tsutsui can just make multiple endings and make all the readers happy.

Fanservice

older niggers like older women, perhaps manchildren dominate 'shounen' monthly. Personally I like the contrast between she attempts to project and is over the highschool girls