Would Evangelion have been better received if it followed the events of the manga?

Would Evangelion have been better received if it followed the events of the manga?

Attached: file.png (300x450, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwW1kUR9K-o
youtube.com/watch?v=A7zVgSZS4tQ&t=2966s
youtube.com/watch?v=ng4FOZ244dM
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRiMcdGhqE
myfigurecollection.net/item/331829
myfigurecollection.net/item/740199
myfigurecollection.net/item/236454
myfigurecollection.net/item/36393
twitter.com/operation0706/status/1147692852039671809
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bait

Probably. We could still get the last 2 episodes, The End of Eva and an... ending thats not polarizing

It would be more well-liked, but not as important.

The manga ending is timeline-reset trash, it would not have been memorable.

Would be kind of hard to do considering the manga ended nearly 20 years after the anime did.

Nope, Asuka is just a background character in the manga and the whole thing is just a Rei x Shinji wank, curiously the ending was a total Asuka ending, I still wonder why.

No, fuck that ending

Anno made Sadamoto write the final chapters while at gunpoint.

No, but it would have been better if it followed the Schick timeline.

W-what do you mean?

Anno hates Rei so he made Sadamoto write an Asuka ending.

the manga is worse in every way, sadamoto should stick to drawing

No

Fuck really? No wonder the ending was garbage

>Fuck really?
Its called a joke.

Still a lot because he had a gay kiss with shinji

Attached: manga shinji being a fag.jpg (400x242, 86K)

Turns out EVA's message is best conveyed by casting Asuka aside and focusing on Shinji, Rei and Kaworu. It's what Anno is doing with the Rebuild.

This.

Seething cope

The Action arc just in two books taking the most important parts of it.

I found the manga to be unironically more enjoyable than the anime. It would definitely scare away all the pretentious fucks writing essays about the show and making 6 hour long videos on YouTube about shit where 60% of it is just their own headcanon

Imagine the SEETHING when 4.0 crashes and burns your onahole train
Better prepare to repent faggot

Wrong. The manga ending is complete shit, and it would have been extremely polarizing. There's a reason why that ending goes mostly ignored.

>The manga ending is complete shit,
What's wrong with it?

Nothing. He's just mad the manga ending is clear enough so retards can't throw fanwank theories about it.

To my understanding it wasn't a time reset, it was a time jump plus amnesia for everybody, which effectively nullified any meaning the story could have and rendered is wholy inconsequential. It's as if the events of Evangelion never took place and the characters live in blissful ignorance. Save for the characters who died beforehand like Misato or Toji, they're not only dead but also effectively erased from existence and memories of anybody who went into Instrumentalization.

The manga ending IS the ending for retards, retard.
>hurr durr spoonfeed me I'm too retarded to piece everything by myself
Fuck off.

No because the manga is basically Evangelion: Retard Edition. Flattens and simplifies everything, demystifies and takes away any room for discussion. If manga was the primary version we got people would watch it and move on immediately, there is no way it would have the same staying power. Like it or not but Eva's lasting presence is in no small part thanks to the convoluted narrative, take it away and you have yet another average mecha show with psychological overtones.
As for the quality itself, it's just god awful. Bastardized the characters, gratuitous stupid shit everywhere. Did we really need super test tube baby Asuka? Or Gendo having weird oedipal jealously of Shinji and shooting AT fields from his hand? Shit's retarded.

Attached: D9vD7lJXYAAG_i8.jpg (1078x792, 121K)

Yep, another anal blasted individual who's mad because he can't write a 50 page essay about what the ending may have been about.

Yep, another anally blasted individual who's mad because he has to read the mentally handicapped edition while everyone else is doing just fine with the regular.

>Yep, another anal blasted individual

Attached: 2f0.jpg (560x577, 49K)

That's (You) manga nigger. Now go back to your hole.

That's (You) puchi nigger. Now go back to your puchi hole.

Attached: yayoHaPPY.gif (512x350, 1.04M)

Attached: 1487855054808.jpg (240x313, 44K)

How do I reeeeeeaaaaach these keeeeeeeds.

Manga ending is just a bad ending.

Remake the world into a better more grateful place, everyone forgets their struggles and who died. Manga Shinji and Rei are basically Thanos.

Didn't like the manga ending but I did prefer how the manga handled some stuff like Toji dying, Rei fighting at the start and Kaji's background.

>I did prefer how the manga handled some stuff like Toji dying
But Toji dying hurts Shinji's character arc. The point of Toji surviving was so Shinji realised he doesn't have to feel guilty about his mistakes and his friends are willing to forgive him. If Toji dies it just reinforces his worldview to push people away

>The point of Toji surviving was so Shinji realised he doesn't have to feel guilty about his mistakes and his friends are willing to forgive him.
Shinji never realized that though, he avoids all his school friends after. Really most of the same impact could have been had if Toji died.

Though the manga version fucks it up a different way after - instead of zen Kaji encouraging Shinji to get back in there and save everyone from Zeruel, manga Kaji shits on Shinji for Toji's death and tells him he doesn't deserve to be happy.

EoE>Congratulations>anything else.

That's the fucking point though. Shinji must learn to let Rei and Kaworu go, no matter how much he loved them.
What's done is done and there is no easy way to fix shit. He must get away from Evas and help fix the world through means that work.

Retard #1.

Retard #2

I just want poka poka rei back lads

You're not getting her back because Shinji Can (not) Redo things.

Attached: 1518645147849.jpg (485x459, 56K)

>Shinji never realized that though, he avoids all his school friends after
To be fair, its only in EoE/25-26 that Shinji realises this, and considered the event happens in 18 it takes a while for the "payoff". Might be wrong, but that's always how I've seen it

>instead of zen Kaji encouraging Shinji to get back in there and save everyone from Zeruel, manga Kaji shits on Shinji for Toji's death and tells him he doesn't deserve to be happy
I've forgotten a lot about the manga, haven't read it since it was publishing, but given that I'd imagine it would be hard to make the readers sympathise with Misato after Kaiji kicks the bucket

Shinji can't redo fucking up the Earth as consequence of saving Rei, but narratively it would be really wierd if 2.0 Rei was just gone, she'll probably pop out some point on 4.0

Except he didn't save anything. Rei/Lilith and Yui will spend eternity together inside Unit 01 and there is nothing Shinji can do about it.

Imagine being this much of an autist. How are you enjoying this series on Netflix?

But he's right tho

Attached: b6c425fbd14cf0ac1fc9273f95c472b2.jpg (734x1100, 125K)

How

Clarke's novel replaces Kubrick's cinematic mystification with boilerplate science fiction that leaves little room for further analysis.

Also, a reset ending would clash with the main theme of the story.

It’s true though. 2.0 was about Rei and 3.0 was about Kaworu.

Toji dying was a shit choice, fuck you you fucking pleb. There are multiple reasons why it wasn't necessary. Death is not the equivalent of "impactful storytelling." The anime did a masterful job at conveying the bleakness of the situation without adhering to the typically overdone dramatization. It was actually pretty refreshing because we hardly ever get stuff like this. Not everybody dies during war, some people come back crippled and they have to live with that. A touch of realism isntead of shitty drama. If he were to die, Shinji would have to go way crazier way earlier, and it would have robbed some of the power out of both Rei's and Kaworu's deaths because Kaworu wouldn't be the first person Shinji felt he had killed with his "own hands". The manga also did a shitty job at moral framing of the thing by blaming Shinji alone, such incompetent shitty writing. That said, BOTH anime and manga lacked much of a follow-up after the fact. IIRC, even the manga had only one or two scenes as an afterword of sorts and that was that. So how does it make it any more impactful?

Yes and no. Eva made such a big impact in Japan because the lost decade and how visceral it felt. Also the 90s were about pushing the boundaries, for better or worse, and anime was already falling into creative stagnation before Eva aired. Nevertheless the western side of the fandom never got Eva was about the lost decade and even now a large part of said fandom still believe it was about the Kabbhala or something. I think it wouldn't achieve the level of cult status in Japan but it'd be viewed with better eyes on the west. It's not that difficult. Ninja Scroll made more money in the US than in Japan, MD Geist was never popular in Japan but it got a sequel for the burger market, Cowboy Bebop is a cult series in America and Japan don't see the big deal with Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shell

I just flipped through the manga to find the scene where Toji does and all Shinji does is shed a single tear. Not a scream, tantrum or any kind of reaction you'd expect after finding your friend died. A literal single tear. Its not even rolling down his cheek, he just looks a tad misty eyed. Fucking terrible

Anno himself said he was planning to kill Toji off but the tv station wouldn’t let him

I dont know why anyone would say that manga had good ending. Being with Asuka in the end and surely to have lots of sex afterward >>>>>> the rest of the world saved, including his mom but become a complete stranger to her.

I always found manga Shinji's characterization kind of all over the place, probably also due to the fact that Sadamoto said he made him more similar to himself and it took him twenty years to finish the damn thing.

So not only did the manga opt for a version that would require more drama, but then it failed to even deliver the drama. And after a short while Shinji is just moved on, the life goes on and that's the end of it. "Impactful" my ass.

I know that, and I can't high five the execs enough for preventing a pretty shitty decision from being made.

daily reminder that asuka fags are cancer

All the waifu/shipperfags are cancer. Some might be sligthly more cancerous than others but it's still cancer

You keep telling yourself that.

Based

No one is more cancerous than asukashitters

>And after a short while Shinji is just moved on, the life goes on and that's the end of it
But it's not. This literally forces Shinji to cut ties with his classmates and friends and they aren't all too happy about him either - the part isn't terribly clear though.

incels

Attached: mpv-shot0001 (6).jpg (1440x1080, 524K)

The cancer is anti-Asukafaggotry like you.
Literally no one was going on about Asuka in this thread before these posts.

Reifags are depressed and Asukafags are just obnoxious.

I mean, just look at the other EVA thread up right now. For fucks sake that shit looks like suicide hotline.

Attached: 1471489413773.png (306x273, 167K)

Seething

BAKA INCEL

Attached: mpv-shot0002 (6).jpg (1440x1080, 439K)

The fucking STATE of asuka fags itt

Attached: Asuka_corpse_(EoE).png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Not my fault if Asuka has you seething 24/7, rent free.

This one?

Attached: 91PR72gPGhL.jpg (1810x2560, 912K)

>durrr people aren't allowed to say bad things about my waifu!
Fuck off.

Attached: Asuka_Langley_Soryu.jpg (1081x1636, 171K)

Fuck off Asuka nigger, good God.

>This literally forces Shinji to cut ties with his classmates and friends
Which is no different than the anime minus the weirdness of Shinji being shunned. The anime achieves every last bit of emotion that the manga did and more thanks to the hospital scene.

Fuck off cracker jack.

Manga Shinji is weirdly sarcastic and articulate at times. He has actually has some comedic back-and-forths with Asuka, and it makes no sense why their relationship would go so sour if they actually were on decent terms with each other. It'd be like if in the final monogatari book Senjougahara and Araragi split up "because they didn't understand eachother". I know they split up for a while in Monster Season, but that's because Araragi was fucking Sodachi, not because they were having difficulty communicating

>it makes no sense why their relationship would go so sour
That is because it didn't go sour in the manga, though also their relationship wasn't as built up in the first place since a lot of their scenes got skipped/cut down.

Manga Asuka more kept her downward spiral to herself, and the mind rape instantly hospitalized her in a coma because of some sort of shock to her psyche from the mental invasion, rather than any further breakdown occuring. Shinji remained genuinely concerned for her, visited her in the hospital everyday, and did not masturbate to her.

I guess I've just forgotten everything about the manga. I could have sworn they had the same general evolution of their relationship. Maybe I should re-read it

youtube.com/watch?v=DwW1kUR9K-o

step aside evafags

>and did not masturbate
DROPPED

But there's no focus on Rei.

Imagine being this dense.

What's their relationship like?

Attached: pat.png (354x382, 130K)

I am convinced that Kaji doesn't even know Rei exists.
Because if he did, then he would take a moment to wonder who Rei is and where this blue haired red eyed pilot with no verifiable history came from in pursuit of NERV's secrets and try talking to her.

>has actually has some comedic back-and-forths with Asuka
He also has those in the anime. He gets pretty confident after Episode 6, it really only goes down the shitter after he got his shit kicked in versus Leliel.

Anno knew he wouldn't be able to kill the Fourth Children even before he got the series greenlit so he constructed the events accordingly and made it work. There were plans for a small side plot about Toji in the hospital and the deleted scene from EoE that made it as far as the storyboards. Alas, time constrains didn't allow for it. I still consider it a major fuckup.
Sadamoto just went with the original intention but he didn't even bother to restructure Shinji's reaction and progression to make it work. The manga doesn't add any impact because Sadamoto just isn't a skilled enough writer to do drama well. I really don't like the idea that Shinji would just get over Toji and go on to be his stoic self after a little while. Killing a person was the absolute breaking point for him in the anime. So what is Toji's life worth less than Kaworu's to him? Fuck that.

Christ the other thread went to shit fast.

Why must Rei anger the modern wohman so much.

Attached: 1553952886435.png (1440x1080, 1.75M)

>Fourth Children

I can't wait for fascists like you to be exterminated

Don't bring the waifu cancer in here faggot.

That's how they say it in the show brainlet.

Because Japs can't speak into English brainlet

>can't speak into English
Neither can you apparently.

Were they ever in a single scene together?

Shut the fuck up asuka fag

what if Vegeta fought Rei-Lilith

>implying
I hate you both equally.

Bejita would fall in love

The one thing the manga did do better here was having Shinji know it was Toji, and they have a talk about it beforehand.
In the anime it felt like forced drama that nobody told Shinji, including Asuka getting offscreen KO'd the instant she dare try spilling the beans.

why is this track so good?

youtube.com/watch?v=A7zVgSZS4tQ&t=2966s

Attached: 151.png (203x172, 12K)

>YOU TURNED MY FRIEND INTO GOO! YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!

Attached: goku angry 2.gif (480x267, 3.68M)

>So what is Toji's life worth less than Kaworu's to him? Fuck that.
I mean, Shinji was literally debating whether to let every single person he'd met over the show die for this one dude.
Kaworu had to straight up beg Shinji to kill him to go through with it.
Though he was at the worst point in his entire life, so that was clearly affecting his judgement too.

youtube.com/watch?v=ng4FOZ244dM

>Vegeta when Bulma gets tang'd
>he is protected by his Ki barrier and immense power as a Saiyan
>"FINAAAAAAL FLAAAAAAASH!!!"

Attached: final flash.gif (320x180, 1.02M)

Fuck that.

What do you mean, fuck that?
Yeah, Shinji cared for toji and kensuke as friends. Just like he cared for Misato, Asuka, and Rei.

But even when he cared for them he could never truly be 100% comfortable around them, he was always keeping a distance and a wall around his heart. The whole point of Kaworu was to be the one to break that.

Attached: noisy.png (700x1076, 1004K)

Far as I remember Toji never told Shinji he loved him unconditionally.

CHADFORCE ASSEMBLE

Attached: da0.gif (200x185, 753K)

Do you think Shinji wouldn't have the same reaction if it was Toji he had to kill or else everybody dies? He'd be just as distraught and full of doubt. Hell, Shinji wanted to die rather than fight Eva 03 and he didn't even know Toji was in it. That's the kind of person he is, and that's why the manga did a shit job with characterisation after the fact where Shinji is downright apathetic. I know you kaworufags love to put Shinji's love for Kaworu above everything else but really get a hold of yourself for a minute. In the end Shinji chose to live among other people not inside kaworu's womb.

I never argued otherwise user, this is some major projection.
But Shinji spent a whole 1:30 minutes, the longest still cut in the anime, debating whether he should let everyone (including toji) die for this boy he knew for a single episode.

Attached: T59358437_p0.jpg (920x659, 391K)

The Lance of Longinus pierces and destroys all AT Fields. If it got thrown at a human, would they instantly get tanged (before getting blown apart by the immense force of the Lance lmao)? That seems logical to me, a human's AT Field, however weak, is the only thing holding their physical form together.

Attached: VBj7Sqp.png (800x568, 529K)

Since Vegeta is an alien, he can't be tanged by Lilith. So he just blasts her to bits.

No user, he was bracing himself for killing an actual person. How long would you hesitate before pulling the trigger on someone seemingly innocent who gave you all the time you need? I think you'd spend hours pacing and hyperventilating before you mustared the courage.

Theoretically correct. Said person would dissolve like Arael.

You think so?
I saw that scene as Shinji debating whether to kill him or not.
But I guess it could be open to interpretation either way.

We all know our CHADHAN could take out eva 00, 01, and 02 at the same time

Attached: tumblr_p8wki66wud1x0ucato1_1280.jpg (899x856, 112K)

You know what's kind of weird? The Director's Cut actually made the Lance seem a lot less powerful to me. DC adds the scene where the Lance is stopped by Araels AT Field and opens up those "gills" to get extra propulsion, before shattering the AT Field. In the original broadcast version that scene is cut, the Lance isn't even impeded by Arael's AT Field and goes through him like a hot knife through butter.

Attached: bknint-20150206180300662-0206_17011_001_01b.jpg (650x464, 196K)

based af

THATS WHY ITS 2-0 BABY

Attached: ITS 2-0 BABY.gif (300x492, 550K)

>tfw you could never be an eva pilot cause your mom hates you

Attached: F897CEF6-DC64-4017-9871-44136F7AD395.jpg (280x210, 16K)

Or maybe Arael's AT Field is just that strong, I mean it can affect things on the ground from space.

Also, why exactly did the lance come back down to the moon and stop in front of Unit-01? I know it is something to do with Unit-01 awakening, but I am not sure of the specific rules and intention the lance was operating under

If Vegeta is so strong then why was he brutally raped by Piccolo?

Why do Reifags feel so threatened by Asuka? Is it because Asuka is objectively the best girl and all Reifags have in their life is their ideal waifu to escape behind?

Attached: 1560982308370.png (1440x1080, 1.95M)

It probably saw Unit 01 trying to start Third Impact and went straight for the throat. No idea why it stopped though and didn't just destroy Unit 01.

Probably because Eva 01 by that time was already merged with Adam's core (Zeruel's S2 organ it ate) so the forbidden union between Lilith and Adam was about to activate.

>implying Asukafags aren't simply chasing a woman as desperate as their slut waifu

M I S A T O
I
S
A
T
O

Attached: 2151B245-21F3-4852-8ED5-9D5134324C7F.jpg (257x196, 8K)

Noriko is the best girl.

Attached: shinji_ikari_and_noriko_takaya.jpg (1024x609, 85K)

Nice cope. I just like feisty woman to have verbal tug of wars with followed by spontaneous penetration as the argument gets physical. I think Pamela Reed gave me that fetish from watching Kindergarten Cop too many times.

Attached: 1562046930184.png (763x636, 410K)

This

Is this from SIRP?

I think so. I saved it from somebody else.

>tfw your mom is so overprotective of you your Eva would be in perma berserk mode

That's a yikes from me.

SIRP Asuka and Rei must have killed Kaworu and hid the body off-panel, because he doesn't show up at all after being in like 5 chapters at most.

I wonder if Smith and Kaworu are chilling together in heaven

Pretty cringe bro

There's a difference between feisty and an abusive bitch

How does this make you feel?

Attached: tumblr_mejgu59U6O1r3nwkzo1_1280.jpg (1000x797, 385K)

Wtf I love Rei now

Asuka looks disgusting wtf

I don't know man she pushes all the right buttons

Attached: bigsmug.png (537x538, 693K)

I should finally go to bed. I have university tomorrow, no idea what I'm doing here at nearly 3 AM.

The people that draw these think everyone with red hair has bad skin apparently. You actually see similar stuff from some artists with all white people having terrible skin.

WHY DOES ASUKA HAVE FRECKLES. WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY GIRL.

>not liking freckles
Terminally shit taste

Freckles are fine but not on her

Attached: 1563237905514.png (1500x1971, 3.7M)

P O K A P O K A

She's gone bro.

Rei is a goddess now

What would happen if pic related becomes the seventh children?

Attached: lain.gif (500x355, 103K)

>check the archives
>Reifags talking about wanting to die and go back to mommy Rei
>Asukafags talking about self-improvement and embracing reality

Absolutely based. I can get why Anno hates Reifags.

Attached: 1560828884818.jpg (1280x631, 700K)

Wtf I feel like shit now

There'd have to be a sixth child for that

Rei Q will surpass her as the omega Rei.

Attached: tumblr_nqxncthSe91ur3s1po1_1280.jpg (1280x1050, 407K)

Pokapoka Rei is trapped inside Unit 01 user.

Hell, is she even pokapoka anymore? She did fuse with the piece of her soul that was inside Unit 00 after all. user she might not even be pokapoka at this point.

Attached: 33678226_p0.jpg (1600x996, 321K)

They never meet, like a lot of others characters. Hell, only shinji, Misato and Asuka know every character in evengelion.

Nah, just Shinji and Misato.

A swarm of babby Reis will be the omega Rei

Attached: mpv-shot0033.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

>it has nothing to do with you old man
>that's what major katsuragi calls you

She'll make a comeback in 4.0 user

Asuka never really talks to Gendo or Fuyutski.

ok, here's your sixth child

Attached: file.png (755x567, 521K)

>stay away from my son you hussy

Disgusting

Now I remember, on rebuild 3.33 shinji doesn't know to the Crew so now only Misato and Asuka know everybody.

Mari knows all the female crew if you catch my meaning

And Misato to know all the male Crew.

Under the pretext of telling Shinji to let her go, maybe.

Rei Q has no soul though.

IIRC Fuyutsuki briefly addresses her in the dance episode after the failed deployment.

And the manga does give Asuka one page of interaction with Gendo, which probably highlights the reason they otherwise have nothing to say to each other.
(Though I'm not sure if the translation is supposed to be accurate here, or if it is Sadamoto's doing, because Gendo coming down the hallway asking "How's it going" seems pretty weird.)

Attached: 0024-014.jpg (1066x1600, 328K)

Wow that characterization seems really strange. I'm not really that upset that I dropped the manga now.

FUCK ANNO
FUCK CURSE OF EVA

Attached: ANNNOO.jpg (1024x756, 97K)

What's the appeal of Asuka Langley Suryo?

>Tasukete Ikari-kun

Attached: mn22ysh108y_1.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

she's your average tinder match

All this cordiality, and yet Shinji still commits the shameful act of punching his own father

Attached: 5bcde2a3cc88273733d6f10080dc6c83.jpg (800x1243, 119K)

I don't trust anus to deliver a good ending

So obviously Rei knew about "Adam" because she's the one who stuck the Lance in but did she know it was actually Lilith

Pretty sure Rei could recognize herself.

Rei kinda indicates she knew everything the entire time based on her episode 6 monologue to Shinji.

Rei has no memory of being Lilith

Doesn't really matter. As the user above you pointed out she was aware of her connection with everyone.
Not to mention that when she fuses with Lilith's body she says "Tadaima".

I thought she felt the 'bond' with humanity but had no idea why

Yeah because she knew at that point because of Kaworu

I bet all the instrumentality mommyfags wouldn't be so keen on it if Lilith looked like its true form and not like Rei

Attached: MV5BMGZlOGZlYjUtMjVjNi00ZThkLThkNzAtZGRkYzFkNzgzMjU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzYzMTAxOTc@._V1_.jpg (1920x1080, 94K)

>implying the opinions of people who want to die and hide behind an altruistic god matter at all

T-thique

Rei calls herself "a vessel for a soul" on episode 14. I think she knew.

She's cute and just extroverted/pushy enough. Also the appeal of wanting to help heal her broken mind and guide her into being a responsible woman.

She comes to accept her identity then, but she had to have already known all about Lilith and herself to get anything Kaworu was indicating.

>she's your average tinder match at a SEC school

I'm an intrumentalityfag, not a mommyfag.
I'd be fine with that but the thing is that the Rei inside of my mind looks nothing like that and so instrumentality would show me the Rei inside of me, not masked Rei on a cross.

Attached: 1543361300508.jpg (800x777, 178K)

Everyone is a vessel for a soul

Except you don't see people referring to themselves as vessels for "a" soul. People use the first person in such cases.

The way I interpret it is that Rei is skirting around the truth since she isn't allowed to tell anyone.
Same as how she later tries to tell Asuka how syncing with an Eva works, but she phrases it in an indirect way avoiding any specifics.

So does Shinji love pen pen

ye

Yes
Pen Pen > ReiII > Asuka > Misato > Yui/Eva01 > Maya > Hikari > ReiIII >>> shit >>> Mari > ReiI > Ritsuko

Almost based

Pen Pen > Asuka > ReiII > Misato > Yui/Eva01 > Maya > Hikari > ReiIII >>> shit >>> Mari > ReiI > Ritsuko

Attached: penpen.jpg (1025x974, 409K)

Rei is autistic

You lost.

Attached: 1540189608041.jpg (1128x984, 321K)

You lost.

I think Asuka is an example of a great person brought down by the personality defects of the people surrounding her

I think you're a dumb apologist

>Rei II > Rei III
The fuck is wrong with you people, Rei doesn't downgrade, she only improves.

Also move Misato below shit.

Even as an Asukafag I still know this is completely retarded. She has major problems, imperfections and hurts others. That's the main reason her and Shinji were the last ones left at the end of EoE.

god i want to have nothing but hot steamy sex with misato in her messy apartment for a week

Attached: 2.png (544x500, 339K)

Here's your IRL Asukas bros

Attached: 1551556671099.jpg (940x717, 174K)

Rei III and 3.33 Rei are literally dolls without emotions or free will, hell even Rei I was a snarky bitch with more emotions than "I only will breath if it's an order"

>t. brainlet

god i want to have nothing but hot steamy piano practice sessions with kaworu on the messy ruins of nerv hq for a week

Attached: 9669.png (605x614, 454K)

How the fuck do you manage to not understand the simplest of things.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion 25'+26' (Conjoined Ordered Chapter)[C6FDE4 (1920x1080, 439K)

I want to be Rei's friend

I want Rei to dye her hair dark brown.

3.33 Rei unironically had the most free will, she just didn't know anything at first.
And once the battle shows her she has been working for the wrong side, she instantly ditches Gendo and switches to following Asuka back on her own initiative.

Attached: 2843.jpg (1920x1080, 576K)

She said only if she was ordered to...

Attached: ASUKA12A.jpg (455x512, 79K)

>i'm actually your son's doll
She ejects because she doesn't want to die and follows Asuka because she has nothing better to do, it's nothing to do with morality

rei doesn't befriend ugly people

I have the benefit of not being a narcissist

No wonder Rei doesn't love herself.

I skipped the first 7 episodes of NGE
did I miss something?

Rei II made the choice of disobeying Misato's orders to eject. Rei II made the choice of sacrificing herself for Shinji.
Rei III made the choice of not obeying her so called master and telling him to go fuck himself. Rei III made the choice of giving control over to Shinji, a person she learned to deeply care about, instead of keeping this control for herself.
This is free will and you're retarded.

Rei Q chose to eject and live instead of demanding another order. Rei Q asked herself what Rei II would've done.
Rei Q will join her past self in following Shinji instead of simply taking orders from Gendo.

This is free will and you're retarded.

Based retard. Just save yourself the trouble and skip to Ikari Shinji Raising Project manga

Rei adores herself

Attached: illust_32720845_20190715_045549.jpg (595x842, 240K)

no, except for floppy boy

Attached: best boy.gif (500x341, 814K)

I never mentioned the original series Reis dipshit, I was only talking about Q

Rei I, II, III , Q and Quantum are somehow placed inside the same room.

What do they talk about?

Attached: 118.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Yeah you did, here . You then replied with "hurrr your son's doll".
Fuck off retard.

Quantum Rei is Rei 3

That's not me you fucking idiot, it's an anonymous image board and you actually think it's always the same person talking to you
And the son's doll thing was an obvious joke, fucking autists

Quantum Rei is what Rei III became after merging with Adam.

And you haven't answered the question.

Attached: 1468981695711.png (644x580, 223K)

Well, in Epi 23, Rei III is only discovering her powers and isnt still Quantum. It takes her at least a day to understand the secrets of everything.

Talk about shinji-kun

Nothing, because 1 2 3 and Quantum are all the same individual and Q never talks about anything

why didn't shinji just use the ol stick a foot out when he walks by trick

>ikari-kun is so beta, I need a muscular black man to breed me

I prefer the extra detail about the characters in the manga, the clearer explanation of Rei's rebirth, and the more interaction Rei has with Shinji. The ending felt a lot more fulfilling too.

Nevermind then, you can't picture hypothetical scenarios for shit.

Because it's a terrible filler episode

It was good character building for Misato.

>lmao just fucking reset everything
>fulfilling
Nante koto

Misato's character is already established, she's an alcoholic goof who also happens to be a scarily competent tactician`

fishing

Attached: 205.jpg (740x800, 333K)

How do you suppose these three ended up walking together?

Attached: mpv-shot0044.jpg (1440x1080, 259K)

I don't like how they butchered Asuka's character and gave Gendo superpowers. Time reset bullshit was dumb.

>more interaction Rei has with Shinji
I have no idea who you're talking about, there's no Shinji in the manga, there's some dude named Shon, he's an asshole.

They talk about who loves shinji the most

No eva is always meant to be a mystery and controversial, i.e. a mystery box.

Attached: main-qimg-a71eef723a5c146d54dbe15e1a181da6.jpg (602x339, 60K)

Based gendo

Rei I doesn't even know Shinji.

Ignoring the loli and talking about stuff she doesn't know is quite rude desu.

Would Rei-Lilith beat Broly?
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRiMcdGhqE

Rei I can listen and observe.

Just like how this kid Asuka can watch the other Asukas wrangle Shinji apart.

Attached: poor shinji.jpg (879x1250, 947K)

>Gendo superpowers
I think that was a logical plot device for the one that owns Adam's body, but still a little forced anyway

Where can I find pictures of brown-haired Rei?

Like I want something to destroy this planet.

Attached: 1555975802104.jpg (499x697, 54K)

>not Pen Pen

Attached: pen pen.gif (500x281, 666K)

This

Need more mama.

Attached: Soryu_Kyouko_Zeppelin_04.jpg (600x986, 157K)

I can guarantee this user enjoyed the shit out of Re-take

Why your taste a shit.

The proposal

>Lain as and eva pilot
Sync rates over 200% and complete MAGI contol
>Ash as an eva pilot
low sync rate and dead in the first angel battle
>Pen Pen as an eva pilot
End of eva leads to shirokuma café series

Oh, another Eva thread.

myfigurecollection.net/item/331829
So I ordered this Rei (always wanted Rei with the lance), and now I want to find a relatively inexpensive happy-looking Asuka to complement her.
It's actually not that easy to find a classic Asuka with the amount of Rebuild trash out there.

So far I've found 3 options:
Summer dress (1st appearance) - myfigurecollection.net/item/740199
Liking this one a lot. The hair color may be too bright, but it fits well here.

School uniform - myfigurecollection.net/item/236454
Based on Sadamoto's artwork, probably the most accurate hair color. I'm worried that she may be a little too small in comparison to Rei.

Plugsuit - myfigurecollection.net/item/36393
Unfortunately, this one is from the Rebuilds, and I'm not so sure about her face. But I just can't find a better one with a plugsuit, for some reason.

Which one should I choose?

Attached: 2901553053575.jpg (2048x1365, 606K)

Damn that Rei Q is thicc.

What about Noriko as an eva pilot?

Attached: Takaya.Noriko.600.418506.jpg (396x600, 87K)

That would just lead to successful repelling of angels.
We wouldn't want that.

It's so depressing to know we will never, ever get new official evangelion content on the same level of the original series. I desperately need another season worth of episodes of just the characters playing off of each other, getting into little, smaller scale adventures when they're not fighting angels, and get a deeper look at their interactions, all that good character stuff that made the original series so good.

It'll never happen, and it's killing me.

Attached: 1522909641480.jpg (640x640, 89K)

So Mari then

It'd have to be animated 90s style, not soulless computer art

>another season worth of episodes of just the characters playing off of each other, getting into little, smaller scale adventures when they're not fighting angels
Which episodes of NGE have enough of a time gap between them to justify inclusion of some side stories?

Shinji being stuck inside unit 01 for a month

Attached: 1562790103639.jpg (1920x1080, 631K)

Stop contemplating your own existence for a second and clean your apartment.

Attached: 1557223664847.png (1280x720, 702K)

This. You dont even need bait to get an EVA thread lasting for 3+ hours wtf was OP thinking.

But then there will be no Shinji in this new side story.
And probably no Misato either.

Adding to what said, it adds to Shinji's character because he doesn't have the courage to go to Toji after crippling him, instead of being literally unable to because Toji's dead. It says something much more meaningful about him than basically saying nothing like the manga. The manga is just a fucked representation of how much Shinji cares about his friend, since he basically he just walks it off eventually.
In the anime, Shinji treasures Toji, and can't possibly face him after crippling him for life.
Shinji distanced himself from someone he cared about, because he was afraid to deal with consequences, which were none basically, since Toji never blamed Shinji for what happened. This a core part of Shinji journey and key to the themes of NGE as whole. Leaving the character writing and themes aside, you still get a worst story plot wise as well.
Absolutely based. Very well put.
>Shinji was literally debating whether to let every single person he'd met over the show die for this one dude.
He threatened to destroy Nerv after what happened to Toji. Maya told him it was necessary or everyone could have died and Shinji told her he didn't care. Part of the impact Kaworu's death had on Shinji was that Shinji had to do it himself as opposed to just helplessly watching the dummy plug fuck 03 up. He blamed Gendo for making him do it, something he never did with Misato that told him he had to kill Kaworu, as it was his ultimately choice. What happened with Toji also destroyed any semblance of relationship Gendo and Shinji still had and were somewhat building in the first 15 episodes.
Toji's affection for Shinji is a million times more genuine than anything Kaworu ever displayed.

Attached: mpv-shot0039.jpg (960x720, 98K)

>no shinji
Is that a bad thing?

Haha, hi guys just here to announce that I think Asuka is pretty cute and red is a cool color for suits and mechs.

Attached: 43454534354353543.jpg (774x1000, 228K)

You're right

it's a mystery, just like what were Shinji and Rei talking about at the train station, considering we never see them casually talking outside of that shot (without being really awkward).

>"I know it's been a month, I still can't stop thinking about how you'd make a great mother"

Attached: Shinji+Rei.png (1229x913, 1.38M)

Yeah, I think I'm gonna skip the one with a plugsuit (unless someone shows me a better alternative).
But choosing between the other two is still too difficult.

Attached: 1427875167.jpg (1734x800, 283K)

Lmao her body is literally broken in half.

I also think that Asuka is pretty great.
Continue praising me- I mean her, and her beauty!

Attached: ASUKAB3.jpg (455x512, 81K)

You're subjectively wrong and I respect your opinion. I am happy for you that Asuka can fill your heart with joy

Attached: 1545550432813.jpg (300x300, 31K)

Shinji is cute.

no you

The pilot of Unit 02 is nothing but bad news.

Attached: 142937.jpg (2447x3500, 1.77M)

You remind me of someone gramps. Are you from Umineko?

I was looking into purchasing an Eva figure once and to my surprise most if not all of them are crap. There is nothing to choose from among so much variety. I ended up getting this one because IMHO it's the only one that doesn't suck. I wish Rei had a figure worth buying.

Attached: Lovett1313495802.jpg (535x800, 66K)

What's wrong with her face?

Absolutely nothing. Her face is perfect in person.

Attached: Lovett1313495664.jpg (800x535, 97K)

dont bully the pancake

>Low budget mech anime made by a depressed autist
>BTFO an entire fanbase if not all anime in general with EoE because of the bad reception,hate mail and death threats for the last 2 episodes aired on TV
>This will be always a mine of salt on any anime forum
Cant wait how hard will troll us with the final part of rebuild

Attached: Hacknno2.png (225x350, 179K)

I don't know, something about it just doesn't look right.

Idk, maybe there's something wrong with your eyes.

EoE is the ending that was always intended, stop this middle finger to the fans myth

It's impressive how people can just overlook the absolute proof that is the preview for episode 25.

Actually, there is. I'm wearing glasses right now.
But her face definitely looks off when compared to either of these.

Which one should I choose, dammit?

Attached: 2901553065771.jpg (1229x1284, 422K)

Wait I thought the manga's ending was weirder then what EoEs was?

Attached: Violett.png (609x604, 308K)

>complains about face on the figure
>posts pictures of literal pancake faces
Fix your criteria first then decide. I'd take the yellow dress btw.

Yellow dress

Nah, it's actually much simpler. Shinji rejects instrumentality, most everyone gets untanged (IIRC all the dead people stay dead) and nobody has any memories of the events of NGE, though shinji has some faint recollection of knowing asuka when he meets her on the train.
Far more cut and dry compared to EoE's

Eva's message is its characters and their inability to form relationships. It doesn't benefit at all by making Rei into a normal love interest and Kaworu into a time-travelling homo obsessed with Shinji or a second Rei.

Attached: 1513610206808.jpg (800x450, 208K)

She bad

>red is a cool color
Objectively wrong.

Attached: Figure-2_web.jpg (2500x2500, 442K)

Eva's message is about saying no to escapism, which so happens to be symbolized by Rei, and accepting other people inside your heart even if it hurts, which so happens to be Kaworu's character arc.
Anno made a dumb and stereotypical tsundere out of Asuka on the Rebuild for good reasons.

Truly best girl and patrician choice. Rei is still great too.

Attached: 1522794668801.jpg (560x577, 35K)

Rei is not so bad, just a bit bland. Kaworu is shit and pure escapist fantasy, that's why he got beheaded.

The preview for Episode 25 with the scenes from EoE was added in the Director's Cut.
However, the on-air preview and Episode 25 still show two death scenes from EoE.

Asuka was only the stereotypical tsundere in 2.0, just like how poka Rei was some moe blob.

Now Asuka is just a pissed off 28 year old.

Attached: 14292.png (967x544, 527K)

Both look wrong desu

>Eva's message is about saying no to escapism, which so happens to be symbolized by Rei
Maybe in Rebuild. In NGE Rei is actually a character.

>which so happens to be Kaworu's character arc
Kaworu himself doesn't have a character arc in the show. All his relevance depends on what Shinji perceives him to be.

Then show the one that looks right.

It boggles my mind that there are people who actually wished Toji died in 18 because "muh impact" when pic related exists.

Attached: 1561329790149.png (1440x1080, 1.34M)

>Anno made a dumb and stereotypical tsundere out of Asuka on the Rebuild for good reasons.

He literally did it to make people like Asuka more than ever before, to upset people when she got crunched

We aged together.

>Now Asuka is just a pissed off 28 year old.
Imagine the sex

Dull and dry with the feeling of emptiness afterwards. People at that age are already bored with sex or too tired.

I only like the implication that Shinji spent millions of years in Instrumentality

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion 2-in-1 Edition Vol. 05-332.jpg (2037x3056, 1.91M)

I have been, for the past 22 years.

Attached: neon_genesis_evangelion_soryu_asuka_langley_close_up_anger_39695_1600x1200.jpg (1600x1200, 404K)

Right. Anno got his characters to become the stereotypes his fans often loved and often projected on his characters in order to show these fans that this isn't really what they wanted.
Asuka is 28 but she hasn't aged a day, just like the Eva fanbase that is stuck in the past because of the characters.

Wrong.

That makes no sense, Satan.

People would be mad of what happened to Rei.

>literally prehistoric ruins
at least thousands

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 10.17.57 PM.png (1148x525, 632K)

Kek

>Wrong.

Hi.

>I received, and agreed with, a proposal memo sent out by [Director Kazuya Tsurumaki], which said, "We have to provide Shinji as well as the audience with the same degree of shock and sense of loss as when Touji was lost in the TV series. For that reason, by boldly portraying Asuka as a 'good character', I hope to greatly convey that sense of loss". Because of that, I wanted to have Asuka pilot Unit-03 in order to do something for Rei, Shinji and others - something for other people. As Tsurumaki put it, it's like a "death flag" is raised. As a result, Asuka piloting Unit-03 ended up being made into the "peak" of her drama. I changed various parts of the script in accordance with this. For example, Asuka's impetus for piloting Unit-03 would connect with the story of Rei learning to cook and preparing a dinner party for Shinji and Gendou.

Straight from Anno.

The implication doesn't make sense.
How were people born again? Did the evolution of Earth's creatures and civilization in the manga ending just happen to go 100% exactly the same way up to the events of 2nd Impact?

Or was it more like everyone got brought back to the instant the manga picks up in the ending, and everyone just has a vague recollection that things are the way they ought to be and always have been?

How did society restart so fast after all that time? With what resources?

Sorry not into figurines. Just keep looking I guess

Tsurumaki was a mistake.

There's nothing in there saying he changed her entire character for the sake of this one scene. With minor script changes the NGE Asuka could've done the same.

How about you learn to interpret the shit you're about to post?

>Imagine the sex
Mari doesn't need to.

Attached: 1445875022916.gif (500x465, 370K)

Don't post this shit non-character on this board ever again.

Thank you.

>stuck fucking Mari for 14 years
What did she do to deserve this?

Attached: 1504315574127.jpg (500x725, 124K)

I always saw both Rei and Kaworu as a representation of the ideal that one must 'reject'. Rei (Lillith) and Kaworu basically both symbolize altruistic mother figures who unconditionally love and shelter their children from the pain of reality. They are even messengers of Instrumentality bringing people into the escapist orgy of Instrumentality.
I always saw Asuka as the complete opposite of that with her harshness, which also explains why only her and Shinji are left in EoE.

Remember that one doujin series where Shinji has a vison about EoE and does Everything he can to stop it?

Asuka CRAVED shinji's cock for 14 years

Did you like how the manga gave Gendo a "happy ending"?

>What did she do to deserve this?
Letting Rei throw a dinner party was Asuka's mistake.
With how damn terrible both of them prove to be at using a knife given how many bandages they obtain, she should have been aware it could only end in disaster for all involved if the party happened.

Attached: 1448151453436.jpg (850x888, 156K)

I don't know, how do Rebuild apologists explain it?

Yup. That's how I see it too.
That's what the Rebuild are trying to do harder than NGE. The Rei he loved is gone and he can't bring her back, the Rei Q he has now is soulless and behaves like a proper doll. Kaworu is dead and he can't bring him back.
We all know that baka Shinji will try to rescue Rei one more time in 3.0+1.0 and cause a lot of trouble one last time but he'll fail and be forced to accept reality.

It's as Fuyutsuki told him. Destroying things is easy but rebuilding is hard as hell.

I needs to see Asuka's reaction when it's revealed Hikari's been fucking Toji for ten years in 3.0+1.0.

Wouldn't Asuka already know that?
Only Shinji will be surprised.

Do you think Gendo liked to watch Fuyutsuki fuck his wife?

Probably not, didn't look like she was keeping in contact with anybody.

In every single train-from-hell and other abstract introspective section, Rei is always the one to confront Shinji about his bullshit. She's the antithesis of escapism.

I wonder how the final rebuild is going to deal with the fact that the main characters are stuck in their adolescent bodies forever which means that character progress will always be limited in way.

Rei Quantum, you mean. That's just a multidimensional God getting Shinji on the right path.

My bet is on either Mari or Asuka dying because of Shinji's bullshit.

>Mari dying
neat

Not gonna lie that'd be pretty sweet.

Mari dying would make me happy - so of course they're gonna have Asuka die again instead.

Of course they could always change it up for once and have Shinji die, but his plot armor is always top notch.

>Kaworu represents escapism
If that's the case, then why does Anno have him say so much anti-escapist and self-improving stuff in both the series and Rebuild?

Attached: change.gif (500x213, 181K)

Mari replacing, or duplicating in this case, both Gendo and Fuyutsuki as the resident yandere for Yui would be the cherry on this shit cake. Mari is like a narrative vampire, forcing herself into other characters arcs and leeching off their identities and presence because she has none of her own.

I remider that Kaworu possibly framed Shinji for N3I.

That's still Rei. And if you want to make the argument that all the different Rei's are fundamentally different characters, you should take a step back and realize that Shinji never uses neither Rei II or III as a crutch either (in fact, most of his important decisions stems from his desire to not have to depend on her). While God-Rei nurses him for a short moment in the tang, she's still the one to talk some sense into him, and ultimately guide him to make the right decision.

Kaworu's words are pure manipulation, not sincere

That preview of the last movie show Is how manipulative Kaworu was.

asuka is just vegeta but on a never lasting period

How? He stopped the impact.

I'm confused, pic not related?

This, Kaworu basically still doesn't actually explain anything to Shinji as well, just telling him the bare minimum in terms of what he needs to know.

Its the source of their downfall too, since all Kaworu told Shinji was "Two spears, go get em, things better" without explaining why the spears would make things better and any risks to look out for.

That goes against everything Anno ever said about him, but ok.

Because the world is clearly fucked up far beyond what Shinji has done. Therefore it's suggested that the Impact must have continued in some form, possibly because of Kaworu who has all the necessary tool to create one.

Why do you have to bring Anno up? Why not back yourself up with something NGE itself?

Note that doesn't mean Kaworu doesn't care for him. Just that what he says is pointed and deliberate and for his own gain and purposes.

Watch 3.0 in particular and it's hard to unsee it when you know.

Why would Kaworu stop the impact only to restart it again?
Even you must realize how ridiculous that sounds.

It's Rei but that doesn't make Shinji not obsessed with the Rei he sees in the physical world.
Really ironic how Quantum Rei tries to get him to face his own bullshit while Rei II goes all pokapoka on him and only justify his obsession.

He stopped the Impact he didn't get to control and continued with another one he had control over. Probably on Gendo's orders.

Because I have a feeling that anything I bring up you'll just say is manipulation.

This, and whatever happened in the restarted impact involved Evangelion-06 - the one he was piloting in 2.0.
Why would that be the case, and why did he not fill Shinji in on it?

Attached: Evangelion-3.0-Mark-06.jpg (1280x542, 58K)

Its Amazing how little people dont notice this.
Wilmer, Nerv, Kaworu everyone Is manipulating shinji Is a way or another.
Minus maybe Reí but she isn't there anymore.

... which one?

His motive in Rebuild seems to solely be to make Shinji happy according to 2.0

Kaworu didn't restart shit, he told Shinji to not pull the spears over and over again.
Shinji killed Kaworu and fulfilled Gendo's plan to wipe out all angels and trick SEELE.

AND only him can be the one who make him happy.
Notice how that happen after Shinji feeling happiness for save Rei.

But he was trying to go against Gendo's orders in 3.0.
Everything that happened during the 14 year timeskip is a whole big question mark, the 12th angel is inside it for one and Lilith is headless and looks to be in mid-crawl.

he did assume there was a lance of cassius along with the lance of longinus. It was a lie by gendo

>It's Rei but that doesn't make Shinji not obsessed with the Rei he sees in the physical world.
How? Shinji is worried about Rei and is empathic toward her, justifiably so, but the show never implies he's deeply in love or obsessed with her. Well, no more than he is 'obsessed' with Asuka or Misato, since all three show up in the "Do you want to be one with me?" dream sequence.

>Really ironic how Quantum Rei tries to get him to face his own bullshit while Rei II goes all pokapoka on him and only justify his obsession.
Oh, we're talking about the Rebuilds uh. At this point we might as well be talking about Re-take or SIRP.

>Everything that happened during the 14 year timeskip is a whole big question mark
Exactly, and yet Kaworu puts the whole responsibility on Shinji alone, he literally says it's all Shinji's fault. Doesn't that sound weird when it's obviously not true?

>But he was trying to go against Gendo's orders in 3.0
he assumed Gendo was going with seele's plan. Twas a lie of course. by thay damned gendo.

Mari and her cartoonish shenanigans are here to stay

Attached: so long gay Evas.webm (1920x818, 2.9M)

Kaworu is really inept at achieving his single motivation huh.

>Mari dying
The moment that will redeem Rebuild
Indeed
This

Attached: 1561826790614.jpg (562x393, 69K)

Anons on Yea Forums say Kaworu is evil and manipulative
Anno and Khara staff say Kaworu is good and pure

20 years later and we're still able to have a discussion about a character with only 10 minutes of screentime, this is why Kaworu is my favorite.

Attached: w.jpg (500x341, 34K)

shhh
sadamoto didn't think about it
because it's not a sequel

He looked that sweet bomb collar would look good on him.
Realized in hindsight it might not have been the best idea.

What even is Kaworu in Rebuild if there are four Adams

God I seriously hope she dies.

I'm really not a fan of Asuka but if Anno kills her off instead of Mari I'm gonna flip.

Attached: 1484103416386.jpg (790x590, 247K)

And is the 13th angel him or humans
He says "I, the first angel, utterly defeated by the 13th" and Mari says "the 13th isn't supposed to exist"

Anno and Khara misunderstand what's good and pure sometimes, it happens.

The thing is, we don't know if it's true or not. We don't know a single thing that happened during the 14 year timeskip.
WILLE write 03 on Shinji's feet, he's able to activate his Eva with red eyes and all in the beginning of the movie, etc.

I wish Kensuke got to be in Mari's place. He'd be so happy.

Who here never-watched-the-teaser-trailer-because-mari-was-on-the-thumbnail-and-killed-all-hype-in-an-instant?

I'm not really sure what happened there.
Kaworu was the 1st Angel, in other words, Adam.

Then the 12th Angel pulled some fuckery and made Kaworu the 13th angel - and apparently your number matters in the angel pecking order.

Yeah, don't they realize that us anons understand the characters way better than them?

there was this short released by studio khara. It showed this pic related. Seemed Shinji did more than we realize.

Attached: 4b20178dbf034681fcf9053633eb5210.jpg (640x687, 111K)

angel drones... I love mari and her mari boobs

perhaps it is you who misunderstands. For Anno is duh masta!

How dare you want a good but underdeveloped character from the original series be expended further in ways that would make total sense and respect the spirit of the franchise?

and this is blatant sequel theory bait

Attached: uyctm asuka.png (1068x455, 1005K)

What the fuck is wrong with Americans?
I feel bad for the Japanese khara staff who were in the room.

twitter.com/operation0706/status/1147692852039671809

Attached: soa36034673.jpg (537x720, 70K)

You mean those 4 things we see? Those were the FAR.

Kaworu says he became the 13th.

The reason why you're having a discussion about him is because cute boy buttfuck yaoi.

They're literally called the Adams

>soryu asuka in fanservice shows
>shikinami asuka as a strong independent womyn

how tis is bait?

>original asuka proceeding into rebuild asuka
You tell me

We know that the state of the world in the immediate aftermath of N3I at the end of 2.0 is DRASTICALLY different from 3.0. Something simply must have happend inbetween.

hey I try to shame my fellow americans. They dont listen.

Khara being autists who can't handle people not reacting exactly the way they want is how we got stilted literal translation nonsense

shikinami asuka is a feminazi

>You mean those 4 things we see? Those were the FAR
I am pretty sure they are previous adams. since the time loop theory is still purrty stronk.

No it's more like despite their purest intentions things don't always come off as intended. Everything Kaworu said i NGE always sounds like sexual predator cornering his pray. It's one step away from creepy pickup artistry.

What the fuck was her problem?

Attached: 89123.png (813x543, 430K)

I dont see a problem here.

kaji penis is gone

Or the 2.0 stinger has been retconned
Regardless, in the original 3.0 preview we see Eva-01 surrounded by angel sealing pillars, Kaji pointing a gun at someone in an uncharacteristically panicked way, Gendo and Fuyutsuki adventures, Mark 06 descending to Terminal Dogma, Kaworu in a NERV uniform meeting with 4 shadows who are possibly the other pilots, and Mari who appears to be naked with some Reis one of whom is wearing the same uniform as genki Rei from 26

>Seemed Shinji did more than we realize.
It doesn't seem like Shinji is going anything in this sequence. The imagery in your pic is from the finale not inbetween the movies.

She's in a shit movie series.

Are you stupid? You don't see how showing original Asuka next to Rebuild Asuka iin a short film set entirely in the Rebuild universe is bait for the sequel theory?

Her daddyboyfriend is dead and she was the one who told Shinji to say fuck it and do it at the end of 2.0.

do you not see the 01 being hit with explosions? Dude just look it up on you tube.

The bald guy's voice actor said Kaji is still alive

because you are being pissy for no reason thats why there isnt a problem. If the events of rebuild happens after EoE, then it happens, no need to lose your collective shit over it.

I never said dead now did I?

"During the 2012 Q premiere, an exclusive interview pamphlet – which had the cast explain their character’s role in Rebuild and their personal thoughts on the Evangelion franchise – was made available to the Japanese audience. Three years later, and here they are – translated in English for the very first time. There’s a lot of information to be gleaned in these, including:
Asuka’s seiyuu is certain Asuka Langley Shikinami will have a happy ending in Evangelion: 3.0+1.0.
Mari’s seiyuu claims that it is possible to figure out where Mari “comes from” just by viewing Q.
Misato Katsuragi is Sakura Suzuhara’s role model, according to information provided by Sakura’s seiyuu.
Koji Takao’s seiyuu verifies that Kaji is indeed alive in the Q!verse.
Hideaki Anno disclosed Rebuild’s “hidden nature” to Akira Ishida (Kaworu’s seiyuu) way back in 1.0."

That's your interpretation. Other people interpreted him differently.

No one was being pissy, only simple facts were stated without any emotion
Fucking imbecile

>the 2012 Q premiere
>it's been 7 years
>seven
>fucking
>years
Anno what the fuck

Attached: just pull the plug.png (512x512, 51K)

no you are being pissy you crybaby. Even before. Sorry broseph but if you think insulting people isnt in an emotional state you should go see a psychiatrist.

Drink bleach vermin

he was gonna double that so you feel what shinji does. har har har.

hahahahahah you seem upset.

Attached: 1561013525637.png (354x308, 140K)

>ISHIDA
>Actually, while 1.0 was being recorded, the director, Mr. Anno, gave me a lecture about who Kaworu and Shinji are in Rebuild. So, I based my performance [in 1.0 and 2.0] on my own understanding of the information I was given and the situation and lines in 1.0 and 2.0. And the same goes for my performance in Q.

Is there any in-lore reason for Mari to ever have been created and added to the movies? What is her function?

She was created to "destroy Eva".

Destroy Eva
Also she's probably much older than we've been led to believe and personally knew Yui and Gendo

not yet.

She's gonna kill Yui and Rei/Lilith in Unit 01.

Attached: 1556017478240.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

she was Yui's friend in school and (probably) in love with her

I look at this Misato, and all I can think to myself is:
I sure hope Gendo wins and defeats WILLE

Anyone feel the same and rooting for that guy and his Yui-autism?

Is rebuild worth watching? Does it compare in quality to the original?

Yes. It's good. Just not finished yet.

>mfw the cancer character nobody likes kills motherfucking Rei

Attached: 1472970344654.jpg (250x318, 22K)

Actually, that be brilliant.
>Created Mari just to be the hate sink of this action, so the other characters go unscathed

Bruh we're talking Rei here, not something like Misato.

I can't imagine a larger middle finger right up the ass of an entire fanbase.

Yes, to form your own opinion.
No, it doesn't.

>I can't imagine a larger middle finger right up the ass of an entire fanbase.
That is an easy one - have the time loop theory be true and effectively retcon out the original series and EoE as not the real deal.

Oh, so she's replacing Fuyutsuki/Gendo now? Just how many characters she's already replaced? Kaji, Toji, Ritsuko, and now Gendo? And she still feels completely tacked on with no character of her own? Fucking pathetic.

Question in regards to Kaworu.

An user mentioned that in EoE, that Kaworu mentioned that he didnt love Shinji "that way", is there a time stamp for that? Im not saying it was a bogus claim, I just want the exact scene for that line.

Nothing can stop me from ignoring the Rebuilds just like I've been ignoring the Star Wars Prequels/Sequels.

That's dumb.

It's a bogus claim
Kaworu's only dialogue in EOE is to Gendo, a single line to Shinji as Adam, and at the very end of Instrumentality
He says nothing like this

Not him but that's not dumb. If this whole thing turns out to be irredeemable shit then he's doing the only sensible thing that can be done.

The prequels and sequels? Yeah, they're pretty dumb.
The Rebuilds are dumb too.

Revenge of the Sith was a good movie though.

Oh really, I vaguely remembered him saying it during the 3I clusterfuck but I was apparently mistaken. Thanks user.

1. It wasn't.
2. Even if it was, this is still irrelevant, since it is inseparable from the other two prequels.

Where can I watch it?

>so she's replacing Fuyutsuki/Gendo now?
well, her ultimate goal may be to meet with Yui again....

Torrent it from Nyaa.
Or Google "Evangelion 1.11/2.22/3.33 watch online" and maybe you will find some sketchy illegal streaming website.

There is a line in that scene "I don't love you 'that way", but it's spoken by Asuka's voice actor.

No it wasn't. Just because it has an overload of explosions and lightsaber fights doesn't make it good. It was boring, created needless plot holes, and ruined the twist in ESB. TPM was the only prequel that felt like a Star Wars film and even that was mediocre at best.
Star Wars is a dead franchise, the only good things that have come out of it since RotJ is a small fraction of the pre-Disney EU and maybe the last 30 minutes of Rogue One (even though it retroactively makes the opening of ANH absolutely retarded).
Fuck all these zoomers that say the prequels are good because nostalgia from they saw them when they were literal babies, and fuck all these millennials that say the sequels are good because they get a dopamine rush when they see an OT reference for the billionth time.

Yeah Shinji just kind of forgets about toji and kensuke, but killing kaworu after he only knew him for a day makes him so depressed he tries to commit suicide in eoe. It just goes to show what a shitty person Shinji is.

Whose soul is inside 3.33 unit 00?

Attached: 1450758185230.png (713x667, 487K)

Unit 00 was destroyed in 2.0, it doesn't exist in 3.0

Also none of the Units have souls in them the way they did in the original series

>mfw all these people don't know that Anno taking concepts from Anima and implementing them into Rebuild because he informed Yamashita about some of this future plans for the series
>Failures of Infinity, Artificial Angels, the after-affects of Rebuild's 3rd and 4th impact are all present
>book also confirms that Shinji is a Far named Eve and is the other half of Adam, calling him the Rib of Adam or something akin to that.
>explaining this quote from Ishida
I'm still not sure how to feel about all of this either but I'm certain that this is going to be one of Rebuild's biggest plot twists, if not the biggest. Whether they actually get together and end the Shinjibowl garbage is kind of irrelevant. I don't think they will though.

Attached: e80c76305d556da73aaeacddef71b836.jpg (3784x2655, 2.02M)

Fuyutsuki explicitly tells Shinji that Yui and Rei are inside his Unit 01 so they do have souls.
And Rei Q is piloting what looks like a copy of Unit 00 on 3.33 so that's why I asked whose soul is in there.

>>book also confirms that Shinji is a Far named Eve
This is so fucking retarded.

Attached: 1496510753237.jpg (392x574, 24K)

I've been saying Kaworu and Shinji are going to be revealed as the same person since fucking 2007.
I can't wait to tell you all I told you so.

Attached: 12.jpg (500x426, 24K)

It is, but it could explain why Shinji is an impact trigger and why his eyes were glowing red at the end of 2.22. I mean the movies kind of spell it out loud that he's no longer human anymore.

>shinji is actually a FAR lel
i'm gonna disregard the entire rebuild as not canon if they do this

if ths is true, Anno deserves death

nah, but I think shinji was the 4 beings of light some how.

Well user I'm sorry but I think they're going through with it. Either that or he's a regular angel.

>Shinji is a Far
>the other half of Adam, calling him the Rib of Adam or something

Who is a bigger hack: George Lucas, J.K. Rowling, or Hideaki Anno?

If they dont fusion dance like they wanna win then we riot!

>J.K. Rowling
Her because she wont shut the fuck up

Ritsuko says nobody was in 01, Rei is only in there now because she got there in 2.0. Yui became it's "control system" whatever that means - every instance of her waking up and taking over in the original series doesn't exist in Rebuild.

None of other Units show any of the original traces of the soul stuff, whether it's 00, 02, 05 and 08 (Mari's Evas), 09 (Rei Q's one) or 13

Other quirks are the 09 and 13 have S2 engines, but 09 has no AT Field.

>Shinji being le alien being xDDD
Can I go back in time and tell myself EVA isn't worth watching?

This is how ANIMA ended, by the way:
>The shape of Shinji
>
—What are you talking about, Kaworu-kun?

—Cut what off?
>
—For what?
>
—To meet…? Who?

Excerpt 2

Deep inside the mouth opened by Devil’s backbone, he thought he saw his own face, terribly distorted.
>—Could it be that I’m the serpent—the human flaw that was cut off from Adam, Kaworu-kun?
Those concrete words were the first time he heard him not speak in riddles.
>
—You…aren’t going to stop me, are you?

—Kaworu-kun?
Shinji thought Kaworu might have smiled.
Shinji’s blade glinted, slicing up the body of the Armaros giant from the left arm of its body.

--ANIMA, final chapter.

But it still is worth watching. Rebuilds/Anima/whatever can't retroactively make NGE bad.

>Failures of Infinity, Artificial Angels, the after-affects of Rebuild's 3rd and 4th impact are all present
Can you elaborate on some of that?

You could be onto something. That weird Eva short Until You Come to Me kind of hints at it with Shinji has a flashback of the 4 Adams from 2nd impact.
I think it's just Anno ripping off Devilman's loop cycle that happened between Ryo and Akira but what do I know.

But really it's all just speculation from what's been hinted and given to us, who knows if any of it will come true.

Attached: 1418957321908.jpg (1290x548, 178K)

They are all going to be revealed as angels. Shinji, Asuka, probably Mari too.

>You could be onto something. That weird Eva short Until You Come to Me kind of hints at it with Shinji has a flashback of the 4 Adams from 2nd impact.
thats what I thougjt, because we have 4 adams, but not 4 liliths... so it must have been lilith that restarted it all everytime.

>Shinji, you've never realized it but you are what we may call a Newangel
After more than 20 years, Anno admits to ripping off gundam

Penpen survived the Third Impact... r-right?

It would take a while but you can google and see translations and images for yourself.
But nothing concrete confirming a direct connection, just similariities between the two.

Attached: Synopsis_s2_09.jpg (1262x330, 156K)

yes... he is actually the devil and was given protection from 3rd impact.

the failures of infinity were humans being transformed into eva 6. The process was halted and lilith'ss head was cut off. Thus cutting off all the failures heads off.

I think they both look pretty nice.
Now I just need to pray for them to actually arrive here with no issues.

Attached: 1498847578.jpg (815x1122, 204K)

>about what Adam cut off
???

Manga ending is shit, it resets the timeline and all previous events/choices are now meaningless and have no real consequences.
Anyone who defends it is either a child who has not yet developed a good understanding of story telling or someone who is a retard.

It would be considered a more coherent and completed work. Fact of the matter is there wasn't enough content for a 26 episode show and the useless filler completely drained their budget. Of course, it's very possible the manga could have also become a train wreck without the anime falling on its face as a glaring example of what not to do.

Found the retard.

Where's this from? 4.0 preview?

Yep, I suspect so. And it's pretty hilarious because she's basically an inferior rip off of everything that came before her. Even her design, the "brown "average" in the middle of two extremes" already existed in the show in shape of Hikari, whose design is also superior to Mari.

Attached: group 082.jpg (500x762, 82K)