This is honestly one of the worst adaptions from a manga I've seen

This is honestly one of the worst adaptions from a manga I've seen.
What the fuck did they change things around for?
Why did they give all the guys weird mech-horse mounts and skis?
Why the hell are they all ungeared including Tanya?
Why isn't she making all the crazy faces and talking like a fucking lunatic to herself?
Where are the goddamn effects of magic beyond the basic shit we've been given?

Attached: youjo-senki-tanya-evil-art-book-obi.jpg (606x800, 186K)

The novel was absolute garbage and its a miracle the anime turned out so good.

Tanya should have been sexier

>manga adaption

Kill yourself newfag

It's garbage either way. And old garbage. Nobody cares about Youjo Senki anymore.

Are you retarded?
It was turned into an anime, from light-novels and manga.

And younger

>putting the title into the name field
>adaptation[s] from a manga

how much younger

The LN is good, you are all retards.

Op clearly talked about manga.

Like 5
And wear a miniskirt with panties that have strawberries on them
Also E cup tiddies

you had me until E cup, shit's disgusting

The image in the OP is from the anime.
The anime was based off the manga, as I said, based from the manga, as with nearly every anime out there.
Might have worded it weird.

>The anime was based off the manga,
It wasn't.
The manga still hasn't gotten to the point where the anime ended.

Then I hope it does and does it better.
Episode 2 Prologue was based off the chapter The Sky in Norden.
It was fucking dogshit, if that's the quality the rest of the anime is in comparison, then it's not worth watching at all.

It's based on the LN the anime was announced before the manga was out.

Just read the LN you stupid shit.

>watching it for the cool fights.
Buddy, you're following the wrong series.

>as with nearly every anime out there.
Also wrong.
You really need to lurk more.

If there's a light-novel or manga that's good, it gets turned into an anime in a good 90% of cases.

Has the movie been released yet?
Magnet link?

What tripfag was that again?
I can't remember.

august apperantly
fucking sucks desu

the 6th book is end of july, so look foward to that first

Attached: 438c5ceba202ede699abbd3f0d83f0be.jpg (715x1000, 422K)

Got delayed to August for me

a gabage adaption for a garbage novel
nothing to see here.

And I am to assume you have read all of it, since you're so opinionated?

fuggg, didn't hear that. english?

The anime is basically just a collection of cutscenes to show HOW the fights went, i.e. basically "bonus material". I remember in the LN some of the fight scenes that took like 2 minutes in the anime were only like 2 lines or sentences in the LN.
Anime: *Epic Battle Ensues with lots of faints, etc. for several minutes*
LN: So while I am in-fight in mid-flight let me explain to you this one strategem I have been using to trick the enemy forces for the last few days, originating from WW1 that was later perfected in WW2. OH! Look at that! The fight is already over while I told you all that! Didn't even have the time to explain how the battle itself actually went! Oh well, go watch the anime for that.

Attached: CarloZen.jpg (2908x1920, 1.02M)

I'm cool with that; I honestly enjoy Tanya's ramblings more than the action scenes if they were described to me.
The anime's action scenes are fantastic, though; the camera movement and the sound design are top notch and draw me into the scene perfectly.

Attached: 1539335486307.png (631x713, 302K)

Which is pretty much the best thing that anime brought on table. Manga does it's own flavor and focus and so does the novel. Now if only the anime char designs weren't so goddamn ugly although they did grow on me a bit but not enough.

The designs never bothered me that much; the one thing that I couldn't stop noticing were Tanya's eyelashes. I got used to those too, however. In general, I'm happy that they didn't make the characters too moe; the setting would have clashed with that style too much for my taste. Besides, Tanya is supposed to look unnerving; no one in the LN (save Loliya) would describe her as beautiful.

Well yeah none of the characters in anime are what I'd call handsome so there's that. And plenty of characters in the novel describe her as a vampire and doll, not a duck so there's that.

I think too many people want to fuck loli vampires, and loli dolls, so going at it from that angle wouldn't have worked. Now, a duck? That's harder to find people willing to fuck.
I'm nor sure if you're refering to anime characters in general being handsome or if you're talking about YS exclusively; if you're speaking in general, I'd say that plenty of anime characters are designed to be handsome; most of them even.

>NOOOOO! I don't want to be Dunkirked!

>weird mech-horse mounts and skis
I think you mean cool mech horses and skis.

Yeah meant YS primarily, most of the characters looks odd except for maybe the older imperial army characters.

I see what you mean; at the end of the day, I can frankly declare myself a fan of the style, even if it is kind of ugly.