>Netflix could become a savior of sorts to Japan's anime industry

netflix will save anime and make it mainstream
asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/How-Netflix-could-give-new-life-to-Japanese-anime

Attached: https___s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com_psh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4_images__aliases_articleimage_5_4_7_4 (769x460, 57K)

>make it mainstream
Anime’s been mainstream for a decade now

It will be a very different "anime" industry if it falls in the hands of netflix.
Netflix is not a savior. For the purposes of Yea Forums, it should be considered a corrupter.

Anime that was popular im the west during the 90s and 00s were not considered anime by the people who watched them, they were simply considered cartoons. That's why the licensors localized the dialogue and removed things like fan service. But anime that's mainstream today in the west is actually considered anime by the people who watch them, instead of watered down cartoons made for braindead 5-7 year olds.

no
see the graph in op
it became popular recently became of streaming services

>Netflix
>saving anything
The cure is worse than the disease. Just let it die.

>oversea
That's just China you retard.

Anime's been mainstream for two decades now.

Sales increased. Popularity has nothing to do with sales in a market that is famous for people translating it for free just to consume it.

That's a fucking lie and you probably weren't even around then if you actually think this. Shit on Toonami and Adult Swim was certainly considered anime by me and everyone else I knew, on top of the manga that me and everyone I knew read at the time. This was in the late 90s and early 00s. I knew people (my age) that had imported artbooks and video games of Dragon Ball from Japan.

>starts skyrocketing in 2014
>the year of the woke explosion and removal of fun from all of western media
lel social justice made anime popular

>Save anime
>Make it more mainstream than it already is
Pick one

I wouldn't say "nothing", but you are right that the relationship was very strained with Japanese companies not giving a single fuck about foreign markets.
I recently tried to buy something from Japan, and when I entered my address, the website just shut down. I sent them a few emails and never got a response. [I wouldn't have even tried if they didn't have a specifically international website]

chink here
anime has been popular since beginning of it dumb westerner

Domestic > Overseas

Better to be content with your lot than to seek more riches and attention from strangers who doesn't share your cultural values. This applies to both the moralistic America and the soulless China.

Luckily there are services specifically for buying stuff for you if they don't ship outside Japan.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

You ever heard that thing about ice cream and drownings?

This

>b-b-but Netflix put a black guy in one of my animes!!
get over it, dorks

actually, they didn't, because it wasn't anime, it was live action, you retard.

Would be a huge hit for netflix desu. Their whole business plan is to acquire more "originals" and compete with hollywood. I liked the eva dub.

You don't think western media has been getting worse and therefore more people want to escape it?

Nothing is ever 100% correlated, it can be both a coincidence and have some truth to it at the same time.

The ease of piracy through nyaa actually increased western popularity a lot in the early 2010s. All those new sales growth 2012-2016 is anime pirates buying merch and shit for their favorite shows, since nyaa got huge from 2011-2012. CR only started to get big in 2014-2015, and Netflix pushing into anime wasn't a thing until 2017 onwards.

That being said, CR/netflix streaming from now on is the new growth. Normalfags are starting to creep in, especially because of Netflix. I still know a lot of people who refuse to torrent because of "viruses" and "letters from the ISP", but I've overheard more and more people openly talking about seasonal anime they watch.

Attached: 1504743589495.jpg (545x576, 193K)

Overseas sales = China
What does Netflix have to do with China?
What anime & manga is this thread discussing?

lol no