Mirai no mirai

It's a solid 6/10 flick. Would never watch again. I got memed again by Yea Forums.

Attached: 71siu9PMHPL._SX342_.jpg (342x440, 30K)

get filtered. get out you don't belong here.

The English-speaking lady at the park got me good.

Same. I'm embarrassed I invited a friend to watch this who's never seen an anime outside of pokemon.

pls link any thread in the history of Yea Forums that said that shitshow is good.

I think most people assumed it would be good because of the director.

shit movie but where is the rest of the title

Is it bad as in disappointing or bad as in don't waste your time?

I enjoyed it.

Nice. Maybe I will too. I'll watch it tonight

>Wolf Children is bad
>The girl who kakerus toki is awful
>Summer Wars is terrible
Gee, how surprising, a shit director makes another shit movie. The only good things he has are the digimon movies.

ITT: incel who will never get laid the rest of his life and starting a family.

Not at all. It's definitely not as good as Hosoda's early films but it's much better than Bakemono no Ko.
Same, I had-already watched it 3 times when the Blu-ray came out, wish it got screened instead though.

nevermind i havent actually watched it.
the cover is just so similar to a girl who leapt through time i thought they were the same thing

The theme of "raising a family is hard but worthwhile" has already been done with Wolf Children. This is just Hosoda masturbating to his own filmaking. Though I enjoyed the music by Tatsuro Yamashita and the first third of the movie. But as it moved forward, it became repetitive. And cgi and 2d didn't blend well. This movie is slightly better than Maquia.
You need to watch more movies, user. Btw I watched this in the theater.

I liked it a fair amount. Once the dub gets out I'll force my kids to watch it.

The boy is annoying as fuck

Mirai was a disjointed mess with barely a through-line and didn't really have a climax - not that it needed one but tacking 4-5 barely related shorts together do not a movie make.

I thought the same thing but the features are nothing alike. Mirai is ... listless. Has no direction it wants to go in other than snippets of unearned "nostalgia" after the fact ... I think.

Worst part is that it was very easy to make it interesting and good - it had a promising concept and they really didn't do anything with it.

you're such a cringe lord, this movies number 1 fucking fan running damage control, pathetic

Didn't most people think the movie was Hosoda's weakest film? It wasn't well received in Japan either. Didn't care much for it, only scenes I liked was with the young grandfather.

Why are you letting Yea Forums dictate what you watch in the first place? Do you not have a mind of your own?

I haven't watched it.
But it pisses me that such average movie is like only anime movie that was shown in local theaters.

This is supposed to be for his kid, right?
What's the message he's trying to convey here?

That's surprising
Isn't he the first anime director not affiliated at some point with Ghibli to be nominated for an Academy Award?
Didn't that get some buzz around Japan?

shinkai a hack

Well, it's obviously trying to address Japan's low birthrate.

But did the film shows onii-chan's ochinchin?

>posting on Yea Forums
Yea Forums has the best taste in anime, lad.

It was ok but the train station metaphor scene was really fucking blunt and sucked a lot of air out of this movie.

got me crying like a bitch regardless of how derivative it was
damn i wish i had a family

Overall I liked it, but I felt like the mechanics of the "time travel" were a bit underdeveloped. I also strongly disliked the ending.

Other than that it was good. The kid thinking his dad was the WW2 pilot was cute.

3 weeks left for the superior 2018 film to have proper subs when it's officially release in August. -- Penguin Highway.

Why is ever hosada movie the same? Thought he was supposed to be good. It sucks that there's so few anime film directors.

He's just trying to complete his "Family" series.

I skimmed through parts of the movie and saw Hosoda is still injecting his pregnancy and furry fetish bullshit, so no, I'd never watch his movies again.