Dr. Stone

Why did this guy not mature at all in 3,700 years?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dr. Stone - 02 [720p].mkv.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/pdf/30055739.pdf
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0190369
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Being stuck in stone where your brain does not biologically age or grow, let alone suffering for millenia... will do very little in helping people mature.

Maturation isn't something that happens automatically as you age. Your experiences are what rewire your brain and mature you. Hence the existence of manchildren.

Basically its the same thing as a hikki not getting any social or life skills locked in his room for 10 years.

What was that? Speak up

Attached: Straw Hat.png (1040x1040, 1.27M)

I didn't mind Taiju in the manga, but all his yelling with actual voice acting makes me hate him.

Because he spent 3700 years thinking about pussy instead using that time for introspection and self enlightenment.

At least Dr. Stone is better than Niger Clover.

A better question would be why didn't go insane?

because its a show for kids.

Because this anime makes no sense

why is he always so ugly.
God what an eye sore.

Attached: niger.png (1036x733, 84K)

When will Kohaku rape Senkuu?

Superior Japanese willpower makes sleep obsolete.

Why didn't he grow a beard while he was in the stone, but immediately grew one after popping out?

>Rationalizing bad writing
Just admit you like trash ffs

He was stoned out of his mind.

>p-please stop liking things you like!! I beg y-you!!

Why even bother watching this when they still haven't reached the village yet?

>thinking Chad would ever hang out with Niger...

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Cope

Attached: 155274284628.jpg (512x288, 30K)

Being alone is a good time to self-reflect and think about the meaning of life.

Attached: 1562295789965.jpg (396x418, 87K)

Back to your shithole neanderthal.
>

Not that guy, but my understanding was that it took all of their effort to just stay conscious and not go into a permanent coma. He probably didn't have much time to do any serious self-reflection and was likely just going "Yuzuriha Yuzuriha Yuzuriha Yuzuriha Yuzuriha" in his mind for 3700 years.

>it took all of their effort to just stay conscious and not go into a permanent coma
But thinking is an effective way to stay conscious.

We don't tolerate legit questions here, mate.

Then why isn't he insane?

>No argument.
Just admit you fucked up, ffs.

I'm just guessing at this point, but I assume thinking wasn't sufficient to stay conscious. They probably had to specifically stay focused and attentive rather than just drift off into thought.

Because the plot required him to stay sane. It's a science themed mystery comedy that takes a lot of liberties. If you can't suspend your disbelief you're going to have a bad time. There are plenty of things you could nitpick that would break the story.

I fucking hate everytime he goes full UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the joke died on the third UOH

>Hence the existence of manchildren.
Hence OP's existence.

lmao someone is desperate

>Hence the existence of manchildren.
Hence the existence of Stonefags

Why is every single animeonly for this series clinically retarded?

Attached: 1556079838865.png (292x450, 85K)

If it makes you feel any better, he'll only be around for six more episodes and then we won't see him again until next season, if the show gets one.

>opmfag

Stop dodging the question, retard-san.

Attached: 1533864569546.jpg (367x446, 41K)

He's already insane

i made that image and it's haunting me in every thread

It's a good one user, you should be happy.

if anything he came out smelling like a rose

solitary confinement prisoners are known for developing various mental disorders compounding on the fact in burger land a vast majority of prisoners are already suffering from mental illnesses

How does he have such strong feelings for love for a girl that he hasn't even dated or get to know well? Not to mention he is just a teenager. Typical virgin self insert anime. I'm out.

you are leaving too early. The manga quickly fucking benched him as mc super hard. Taiju rarely if ever shows up anymore, and right after he does, he immediately gets written out for that arc.

He is screaming the contents of his 80IQ brain.

Attached: 1378087587469.jpg (256x256, 18K)

UHHHHHHHHHHHHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/thread

Wowie, you reaally thought about this one, huh?

A lot of it has to do with how we piece together the world psychologically. We don't think about it consciously a lot of the time, but having other people is very important, even if only simulated people. To know what to expect of how far apart two objects are, for example, we will subconsciously know what to expect based on how others are acting and walking and reacting. Without the unique reactions, no matter how subtle, of others, the world becomes a much less certain place and our sense data is limited. This is compounded when in confinement and you can't perform many 'natural experiments' to confirm the properties of the world around you.

How are you supposed to grow as a person if you are locked in place and kept in perpetual darkness for a few thousand years? I mean a better question is how they both stayed sane and kept they're eye sight after that long but it doesn't have much to do with the story anyways. Also both seem pretty nuts in their own way really.

>strange unexplained phenomenon
>"wtf this make no sense!"
you dont say

Attached: well.jpg (962x962, 295K)

it took like 3 months, it was winter by the time it grew and in the stone they are in stasis

Well, to be fair user, an unexplained phenomenon doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. The moon orbiting the earth, for example, went unexplained for a long time- but that didn't mean that it wasn't sensible for the moon to orbit the earth, just that an explanation hadn't been found.

exactly, you should tell the user I was replieing to that as well

everyone in this series is literally insane

I HATE GINRO SO MUCH

WHY

The entire series is just Taiju's delusion.

But if it doesn't make sense, that's also a possibility. From my perspective, the overtures made towards science tempt me to read it so that the world of Dr. Stone is to be understood as mechanically identical- or similar enough to our own that the 'science lessons' within can be roughly adapted or simulated. I think it becomes more apparent as the manga goes on, but is also to an extent immediately apparent from the start that this is not a science manga, and that it shouldn't be understood as one, because any attempt of putting it into the framework of "real world" or "science" leads to a scenario that "doesn't make sense" like the user said.

The shitposters are really bad at their jobs in Dr. Stone threads.

>I fucking hate everytime he goes full UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
If it makes any difference, him doing that basically allowed them to win the biggest single battle in the manga to date. It's his ultimate attack.

I can't believe there's people who actually hate Taiju. He's a great foil to Senku, and his voice actor here makes him even better. I love how worked up and excited he gets over everything.

Why wasn't Ishigami village destroyed by inbreeding?

I can easily excuse the astronaut twist - it's clear they had no one to test a cure on, could not go out to sea without risking death, and didn't get the same ideas that would allow them to start working in the same way Senku did.

But how is it that six people managed to produce a village that is more or less completely free of issues? Senku doesn't even consider genetic problems, even though he's supposed to be the smart guy.

Attached: really.png (255x397, 126K)

maybe because they have good genes i dont know im no scientist

If Adam and Eve can get a free pass in the bible a shonen manga can get away with 6 astronauts.

Natural selection. Kids with issues didn't make it to breeding age or didn't survive the pregnancy. It's not that unusual for entire big populations to start with just a few individuals. That's how most of the animal populations on far away islands start.

they were all basically in a minimally conscious coma, and most of them actually did fall asleep. the first episode explains this.

And another thing: Astronauts have to be pretty fit, it's not like they founded the new population with a random sample. If they weren't prone for some genetic diseases that only show with age it should have been a pretty goo genetic selection to start with.
More diversity is eventually regained over time through mutation anyway so from a certain point onwards it only gets better.

That is bullshit, the minimum population to be able to repopulate is 100 people, less than that and it is simply not possible.

Aren't the chances of inbreeding defects just that - a chance? So if the DNA diceroll works out, you actually could go pretty far with just six people.

Also what constitutes "maturation" is highly subjective and determined by social/cultural norms.

How do you know they weren't inbred?
I mean it's 3700 years later and they don't even have a language. Just oral tradition.

I mean written language*

Being inbred is not only an intelligence thing.
If anything that is the least of the myriad problems it actually causes.

I've heard people say inbreeding is bad because harmful recessive traits will eventually express themselves more and more.
But wouldn't it also be true that inbreeding is good because AWESOME recessive traits will also express themselves more and more as well? Like thoroughbred horses.

He’s known her for 5 years at least. Makes sense.

What's the animeonly's opinion on Taiju?

Attached: 1552680729978.jpg (250x250, 14K)

He's a meathead. Why would he ever be sane in the first place?

Well it worked with other mammals with less.

Natural selection. Inbreeding is actually a good thing if you have good genes. Inbreeding is only bad when there are faulty genes, but a faulty gene kid would die in a primitive world without medicine. Basically inbreeding is bad now because modern medical science keeps the retards alive.

Yes. The problem is you don't even check astronauts for every possible rezessive carrying of every obscure disease or 'weak' trait and even if they're all 100% healthy the massive loss of genetic diversity could bite them in the ass anyway.
On the other hand other than in breeding animals after the bottleneck event the growing population won't be forced to further inbreed so diversity slowly creeps back in.

Why do you think he isn't insane?

>Inbreeding is actually a good thing if you have good genes
Only for a static environment. If everything around you still evolves while having a huge genetic variation as a basis even your perfectly healthy population can be eradicated by the next stupid bug if you forgot to include genes you didn't knew you'll need to fight them off.

>You'll never get stoned and turn into a thousand year old neet.
Why even live?

Is she for impregnation?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dr. Stone - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.21.661.jpg (1280x720, 413K)

>If everything around you still evolves while having a huge genetic variation as a basis even your perfectly healthy population can be eradicated by the next stupid bug if you forgot to include genes you didn't knew you'll need to fight them off.
Has there been an event in the last 3700 years of human history that we can definitely look at and say, "Hey, we better be glad we had that genetic variation or we would have been wiped out!" ?

Kohaku is for combat

>He wants to fuck a gorilla
Get some standards.

I'm kidding, Kohaku is best girl.

Attached: latest[1].png (948x1412, 1.17M)

Quick reminder that Tsukasa did nothing wrong

Spanish Flu

>tfw you are literally looking at the last piece in the 1000+ step plan to defeat you in your first episode.

Attached: 867643353.jpg (1372x772, 90K)

Every single epidemic?

What a fucking asshole

Attached: SmartSelect_20190714-004036_Chrome.jpg (538x563, 195K)

Imagine not wanting your friends to be honest.

I doubt something would reach every last corner of the earth but seeing how stuff like measles can eradicate huge parts of some isolated tribes we can certainly look at our genes and be glad that the ancestors of our ancestors had piled up the genetic variations that made them less prone to be killed by them. Being able to digest milk as an adult without problems also proved extremely useful for some populations.
More recent examples might be the genetic variations that help against malaria or funnily enough those that have an protective effect agains diabetes typ 2.

Maybe we should let in niggers and subhuman looking freaks into the bloodline huh? don't wanna be static after all.
People can still get variations through sudden mutations and or antibodies.
Deliberately poisoning yourself slowly to build up resistance works too, basically a vaccine but safer.

She's for pinning you down and milking you of your valuable genetic material once she decides you're worthy of her ovum.
Kohaku is already top-tier in physicality. The only person who can beat her in a straight fight is a bizarre mutant man from 3000 years ago, and even then she's capable enough in combat to give him a serious run for his money.

I like this series a lot, I just wish Senku actually fucked up at something for once. His setbacks are so temporary you can't really call them setbacks, it's like when a car swerves a little and corrects its course like nothing. It's not a dealbreaker because he is entertaining and works with the rest of the cast just fine, but a part of me wishes he were seriously tested, which is probably hard to implement when he's established as a kid prodigy.

>Taiju was the mc
When will this meme fucking die, Senku was bigger on the magazine cover where DS started, Senku was in the little icon next to the chapter end from chapter 1, senku has the main character hair. Taiju was never ever ever intended to be the main character.

Only for pump and dump, then moving onto the superior girl

Attached: kittysame.jpg (264x230, 14K)

The bible makes more sense given how stupid we are and thus "farther from His original image".

just turn off your brain dude
you have to be 6 years old to enjoy this shit writing

Anyone else mad they took out the "either gay or strategist" line?

If I can rationalize it it's not bad writing you literal retard

You just need to UUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH life.

I get that everybody is supposed to have an exaggerated ability. What can he do that the new strong guy can't?

You aren't static, just a part in the big collection nobody knows what part proves useful next. Maybe you carry a genetic variation that'll protect your great-great-grandchildren against a deadly new virus someday.

Asking exposition questions.

Taiju is a pure unrelenting workhorse. Nothing ever tires or really even hurts him. Later on he they find him to be the perfect farmer.
Comparatively, Tsukasa is pure power and combat ability. He also has crazy good endurance, but it's not to Taiju's level and he instead has way more destructive force.

Stamina
If he and Tsukasa fought it'd be a stalemate, because Tsukasa wouldn't be able to tire or defeat Taiju, and Taiju wouldn't be able to land a hit on Tsukasa.

Taiju is more of a marathon runner, Tsukasa is more of a sprinter.

his strong will and determination kept his mind from going crazy
>hurrr that doesnt make any sense
youre reading shonen jump you stupid faggot, its called fantasy for a reason

Attached: 1500821162818.jpg (531x299, 35K)

Taiju is immortal

I think it will go Homer vs Drederick Tatum.

The difference is that Homer couldn't withstand Tatem's basic punches. This is like Glass Joe with Mike Tyson's skills vs Homer.

Taiju and his girlfriend are dead, right?

At what point in the story are you currently talking about?

Mike had skill? I thought he was just a, there is a term for boxers who lacks technique and brutes the match away.

In the manga?
Taiju is currently a statue
Yuzuriha is currently also a statue

Did the official Japanese translation have the gay part or was that just the English translator?

Attached: 1561085541267.png (600x632, 253K)

No? They are working on the village, the only statues are the ones on the Perseus (and the millions from the old age of course)

dude turn your brain off

One of the fan scanlations says "gay or a tactician"
the official translation says "flirting or scheming"
No idea what the jap says

Taiju and Yuzuriha are on the Perseus too, you know.

They were? I was pretty sure they were working on the farm and that shit
Jesus why are they so forgettable?

Taiju came aboard because the entire Power Team was rollcalled. Yuzuriha was specifically called because she was needed for sail repair, as a seamstress. She was also the one the Science Team gave the crosssection tour of the Perseus to.

It's all on you if you don't remember this. Maybe reread the manga.

How to spoiler tag again?

Otherwise you'll feel like an idiot for not understanding. Science is cool

Lurk more

>advertises itself as a show that promotes realistic science
>the "cure" is based on bat guano having nitric acid
>guano doesn't have nitric acid
Dropped, looks like this is just more generic shounenshit.

>getting baited

Keep lurking

>i'll cover up my mistake by saying lurk more
Lurk more newfag.

jstor.org/stable/pdf/30055739.pdf

If someone was under a substance influence when they were petrified, and since it's clear that they couldn't metabolize anything on that state, would the substance effect last 3700 years?

What do you think happened to pregnant women, or cannibals, who had people inside of them?

Possibly, there's the thing that you only had your inner thoughts and nothing else

They got stoned, once unstoned everything unstones

But that isn't true. O MY STONE NECK, Tsukasa's stone hair ties, other things.

I mean yeah sure, but it's not a given, all of Taiju destoned. So it's just luck

I find it hard to believe you can just pick up a stone person from a tree that encased her for 3000 years without causing damage it isn't consistent internally with being well stuck to the tree for 3000 years and just randomly plucked out of it with zero effort and for very random reasoning.

Not to mention zoos could have lions but they would all die well before the zoo degraded and let a breeding population escape as they have these things called fences and moats that are designed to keep the lions inside and a lion would not survive without feeding in the time it would take for the trench and enclosure fence to fail.

Speed watcher. The zookeepers had opened the lion cage to feed them when they got stoned. Lions just slipped right on by to freedom and procreated.

How would you deal with being frozen in place for 3700 years Yea Forums?

You know the feeding areas are also isolated right.

Because it's the "I'm14andthisisdeep" the anime. 14 year olds need an entry point. It's going to be the "rick and morty" for weebs.

Probably lose consciousness
I have a shit time staying awake in environments that simulate my sleeping temperature, air currents, background sound, etc. I likely wouldn't last very long.

Aside from a few unlucky autists, everyone would fall unconscious.

He was thinking with his dick for 3700 years.

There is a door to the back of the enclosure that leads into a hallway that goes throughout a lot of the zoo and leads to freedom that the humans use. Get back to me with architectural blueprints of the Japanese zoo.

Because it's a shounen.

Doors into the enclosure do not lead to the outside. It leads to the back area which has many more doors designed specifically to handle a lion escaping inside the back area before the outside. Last I checked any zoo would not open every door to the outside area and then let the lion out to feed that would make zero sense. Which is why it makes zero sense in the show.

How about you get back to me with a picture of a zoo lion inner enclosure door with no service building behind it. It would have to lead right into the public area. Because if it did you should be able to find a picture of said door from the countless pictures people take in zoos but chances are most people can't take pictures of the back area because it is closed to the public normally.

Who cares how the lions got loose. You would be happier if you stopped nitpicking every little thing.

I'd be happier if the show wasn't so retarded.

You could always, I don't know, not watch it. But that's a crazy idea.

They put themselves on the spot by trying to explain it as zoo's but that makes no sense so it would have been better to not make a stupid explanation.

It is sometimes fun to watch train wrecks in progress. Just as working to a good ending is cathartic it is sometimes also amusing to watch a total failure in progress taking it apart as it goes.

Why are all the buildings gone after only 4,000 years? There are still buildings from 15,000 years ago standing today

erosion and pyroclastic flow

>r/iamsosmart

Are we even certain they came from a zoo? Or was that just senku's guess? Because for all we know it could have come from the circus or somewhere else. But honestly it doesn't matter where the lions came from.

you sound like a fun person at parties

They specifically mention zoos in the episode. A circus would not also let a lion out into the open to feed it that would be instantly suicidal.

It's Senkuus best guess.

What if the circus was in the middle of a show when the petrification happened?

So it's nothing more than a guess.

Japanese buildings are made out of dogshit, because there's a massive scam going on with building companies who get retards to believe they need to tear down their house every 40-50 years.

It's especially funny when you see buildings that have been "abandoned" for a decade in media, and they're literally falling apart. Japs actually believe concrete just disintegrates over time because they're holding onto building concepts from the days where everything was made of wood in a humid climate.

Most buildings nowadays are not made of solid rock. I remember The World Without Us estimated most modern buildings would would crumble into unrecognizable heaps within a couple hundred years of no upkeep.

Two people, one was opening the door to the outside and the other was opening the door to the lion feeding enclosure.

It's not scientifically confirmed through research, no. Where else would they come from?

>be hung up on a girl for 3000 years
>not insane
You sure we're watching the same thing, user?

I just provided another possibility. Or maybe they were being smuggled through some black market. Unlikely? Sure. Impossible? No.

That isn't how feeding areas work. There are the outer door that you can see from the enclosure. The inner area has a cage with its own double door that would lead to the area that they get fed from. And then there are service hallways that eventually lead outside with more doors along the way. You would never feed a fully grown lion right beside it because that is suicide.

Deaths in zoo's, circuses, rehab, retirement, outdoor parts happen typically because the staff member is locked in a segment with a lion because they failed to lock a door behind them and couldn't get out in time. Say a staff member is cleaning the feeding area directly attached the enclosure but forgets to lock the door leading outside the lion can kill them but it cannot escape because of the inner doors. They would never let the lion out into the back area past without restraining it first as it would try to escape.

What I meant was, the zoo being the most easily explainable possibility

Genetic bottlenecks would cover even large escapes from other sources. Inbreeding would kill small populations off. Zoo's have to ship animals around the world and actively match them to prevent inbreeding.

Then who the hell is to say they weren't bringing in a lion or planning to move it into another zoo or a different habitat and they just happened to freeze when they were outside but before moving it into a vehicle? The restraints wouldn't last with the only thing holding onto them being stone statues and a hungry pissed off lion that has been restrained for days will find a way out before it starves to death.

Sure a zoo might be the first thing people think of. I'm just saying it's not the only possibility.

I'm not denying that

Restraints are not meant to come off by design (It is right in the name) unless a human removed them. The lion would die from the stress after coming back too awareness as they are also sedated. They would quickly die from lack of hydration.

Zoo keepers would never move an animal around a public space just held down by restraints even a restrained animal can still injure people by trashing around it would quickly die but safety is paramount. If they were loading it into a vehicle they would do so with it in a cage and sedated and restrained so they can safely open it later in another secure area. So if they got petrified while removing it from the cage the lion would not be able to escape. This is specifically because you don't rely on single points of failure or it will fail.

A lion wouldn't starve to death it would get tired and dehydrated and die very rapidly being physically restrained.

And according to studies of lion genetics small populations are not genetically stable. (Won't last 3000 years) they had 10-30 starting individuals in an area but their genetic inbreeding was too high and even though the population is 200 in number it has high inbreeding. So you must have >50-100 escapes with good genetic distances to even have a chance of long term survival. The chances of that happening are basically zero even if they escaped from zoo's, circus, black market trading. journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0190369

He wasnt just a puncher

>Literally works and proteccs, is a responsible adult and has his priorities set despite losing everything

He's far more mature than anyone else. He's just a bit lacking in intellect.

Thats what he did, he got his priorities in check and he dedicated his purpose to confessing and staying alive until that moment.

He's willing to give up everything to survive to finally confess.
Maturity means to be responsible for your own decisions and life. He doesnt blame anyone else for his misfortunes, he powers on and looks ahead, something Yea Forums can't seem to grasp.

I'm more mad they got rid of Senkus petrified expressions of dread towards Tsukasa and Tsukasa walking towards senku to impose his ideals

They changed it so Senku just looks smug and confident and Tsukasa goes to break another statue before Senku stops him all smug like

Otherwise, good episode

Attached: Image_199.png (764x678, 718K)

They probably wanted to make him seem more smug and confident but the whole point of the scene was to make Tsukasa look like this unstoppable imposing force Senku brought upon the world that he cant stop. The anime made Tsukasa look too easy to placate.

I mean the next episode is Taiju literally trying to stop him

Attached: Terrorkasa vs Smugku.png (1076x1086, 899K)

Wasn't that change good in that it'd show that Senku was not only his equal, but the threat that Tsukasa fears?

They cut all three moments Tsukasa thinks back on when he says Senku could have been his first friend.

Attached: 17.png (898x1300, 558K)

Attached: curses, foiled again.png (178x1300, 88K)

Maybe they moved them?

>not becoming the big lug's friend too

Why is Senku the only one who appreciates Taiju?

Attached: Dr.-Stone-002-005-Image-2.jpg (561x600, 69K)

>Senku was not only his equal, but the threat that Tsukasa fears
Not even. That comes later.
As soon as Tsukasa gets that Senku might be making Gunpowder, thats when you frame him in a light of equality/fear of Senku

The point of this scene was to show a tiny science man overshadowed by this daunting chad who wanted to make the wasteland a fresh new start for humanity.

Senku on the next page is literally shaking in worry, the anime botched this scene hard by making Senku as smug as ever.

Tsukasa doesnt break another statue immediately, he broke the one he had a grudge with and immediately walked towards Senku to get him to understand his ideal and then scowl at him when he rejects. Not go on another murderous spree on another random statue before Senku stops him

Its revealed later that he knows every single statue he broke, showing he clearly was doing this out of a grudge. Why should Senku be the one to placate his intentions?

Attached: dr-stone-9147037.jpg (900x1300, 495K)

Only logical answer is that Rick can't actually count and he was just stuck in stone for maybe a week while the light made everything age 3700 years for whatever reason.

If Senku isnt pissing himself in fear next episode then I'm adamant the animators are doing a terrible job at framing him as anything more than "le smug science man" because he's been nothing but smug in the anime when he's got a wide plethora of emotions.

Attached: Image_200.png (774x617, 439K)

As I understand they were in a deep dream like state, only gaining conscience for a few seconds every other decade

I really hope they do this part in the next ep, Tsukasa and Senkuu are face to face at the ending, both just need to turn around and make Senkuu shit himself

I get the feeling the animators aren't well versed in these kind of styles.

The 2010s seems to have overbloated most animators with moe habits

Attached: moefags.png (893x1111, 1.67M)

To be fair, like 80% of his panels in the manga are smug

It's been a while since I've read this, can someone please explain something to me?

It's established that the petrification has healing powers by how it saved Senku and Tsukasa's sister that's why Yuzuriha's been putting the broken statues together, but what I don't understand is how come when Senku says he tried to do the same thing in episode 2 it didn't work.

Do they even know it's going to work next time or are they just being hopeful? Are they doing anything differently or is Yuzuriha simply better at putting statues together than Senku?

TEAM JUMP:How did just six astronauts create a healthy community that could last for 3,700 years without serious problems from inbreeding/lack of genetic diversity?

Inagaki Sensei:The basic answer to this is, nobody knows whether this is possible or not. The reason is because nobody has ever tried it. But there are situations where islands were populated with small numbers of people. But nobody knows if it started with four people, or ten people. So if nobody really knows for sure, then the god of the world can decide it. And I’m the god of the world inDr. STONE.

Damn Chad even got his own lake, and he's not willing to share it with Niger.

80% isnt 100% Though

Attached: Image_201.png (323x283, 74K)

Is it 10,000,000,000%?

>is Yuzuriha simply better at putting statues together than Senku
This is the answer. Senku is not an expert craftsman with surgical precision like Yuzuriha is. His shoddy repair jobs leave huge gaps where the molecular structure of the flesh and bone cannot reattach correctly, and thus are revived as dismembered and bleeding corpses. Yuzuriha is much better at this than Senku, and is able to piece together the stone puzzles of the smashed statues, so that when the peripheral healing effect occurs, the statues will be revived alive and kicking.

I mean it's understandable if people forget that Senku is more than just the smug science man 'cause that's what he is an overwhelming amount of the time

Honestly I think it's kind of a problem and I hope this new arc with Why Man and the other village challenge him so that he's not so smug anymore and can be a real character

Have they even tried reviving anyone who was put together by Yuzuriha? Because as far as I can remember everyone we've seen them revive after defeating Tsukasa's kingdom, like his sister, Ryusui or Francois was neatly in one piece.

I don't think I really ever considered him smug, per say. More excited than anything else, and a definite scumbag at times. He doesn't really lord his knowledge over other people and always goes out of his way to help others, praising their own talents and hard work when it's deserved too.

The mangaka that was revived was pieced together by Yuzuriha, and he helped out Magma in the ship sketch contest, as well as made manga to sell to accumulate Dragos for the kingdom to buy Ryusui's claimed oil.

I like to believe that guy is Boichi's self-insert.

A better question is how they could be conscious for 3700 years in the first place? Why was that even written in? It serves very little to the plot (so far at least.) and it really raises a ton of questions. Is it going to be explained later on? I actually really like the premise but after seeing a guy punch a lion to death I'm starting to doubt it.

Hard work and sheer determination. Yes it factors into the plot, significantly.

It's a series about watching funny and likeable characters figure out mysteries and solve problems by building cool stuff from scratch. The series runs completely on rule of cool so the actual science part is both simplified and exaggerated for dramatic effect rather than trying to be strictly realistic. There are plenty of things in the series that don't work if you think too hard about it, but it'd be a damn shame to let that ruin your enjoyment of the ride.

Does the Jump motto of Friendship, Effort, Victory shine through then?

Because stone can't grow hair

People seem to be ok with Dr.Stone, personally I can't wait till the village. Please skip some stuff so it comes sooner. The prologue is the weakest part. It pains me to see time being wasted on it.

Attached: D_Z8rCZW4AALF4z.jpg (680x680, 100K)

Just effort, as in trial and error, in the manga Senkuu rips on the common tropes.

Attached: D_TQLt5WsAI9B0i.jpg (2048x2048, 478K)

I suppose? The series is about characters who generally excel in one or two fields to the point of nigh-superhuman states combining their talents and abilities in order to accomplish seemingly-impossible goals. Senku knows everything he needs to, but has neither the strength nor the stamina to actually accomplish what he wants to. Meanwhile Taiju has near-limitless stamina and strength, and has to be reminded to take a break and rest because he can stay active for far longer than other people.

Alone, neither one would get very far in saving humanity. But by combining their talents they managed to find a way to cure petrification. The series continues along that theme. One man alone cannot do everything.

Looks it's progressing at a steady pace of 2 chapters per episode so far. At this rate we'll get Kohaku by episode 8 and the village by 9, although it would be nice if they could hurry it up a bit. Not sure what they could skip though, the flashback to Senku's 6 months before Taijuu woke up?

>rationalize
>attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate
you're really showing the average intelligence of the people who enjoy this show, shounenfag-kun

The most important part however, they don't scream about it. Everyone knows their place and doesn't need to be constantly reminded.

The "save" everyone flashback could be shortened, the buddha scene could be shorter, Taiju being a cuck could be shorter, senkuu's awakening and the split could be shorter. Just here and there.

>"I watch childrens cartoons for grownups, I am SO much better than everyone else"
Zimbabwe

Attached: 093.jpg (2000x720, 59K)

Kohaku's makes it really doubtful they were restricted to 6 humans

I haven't even started watching it yet.

you must be 18 or over to post here

No I don't want to wait till ep 8 to see Kohaku.

I lurk sites that have fanart potential, most people are pretty excited about the story. I am a mangareader and am a bit disappointed. The adaptation seems fairly accurate but emotions, comedic faces are dulled down. Also I read they'll skim some scientific explanations so kids won't kill themselves. I just want the village ark to start.
On the upside the art is very lush and some people got too excited and just started reading the manga.

Attached: 49667004_629748654125095_3961858080722911232_o.jpg (880x1100, 117K)

>he starts projecting

Attached: IMG_20190709_141630.png (317x208, 67K)

don't use words that you don't understand kid

SAME HAIR, SAME ENERGY, BOTH DRINK

Attached: rickandrick.png (1032x644, 866K)

>he double downs
Lea/v/e

Attached: D_IChRkUEAEa03x.jpg (1631x1867, 371K)

>SAME ENERGY
also you're straight up wrong

it's just really obvious how underage you are, even when you're pretending to be retarded

>he projects eternally
This is your last (You)

Attached: 1562515978312.gif (480x238, 443K)

>throws out a meme and hopes it means something
yep, you're a zoomer alright

Dr. Stone doesn't even pretend to be deep but you'll pretend that this is R&M because of a scientist character because fags don't actually know why it's shat on. Yea Forums ruins Yea Forums yet again I suppose.

Something I was wondering about. Can't they actually tell the current date objectively by the position of stars?

So many spoilers in these threads. Especially about gunpowder this, gunpowder that. As an anime only, it's not condusive.

Not really since the tilt

Read the manga, it's superior to the anime

Psychological trauma or brain damage requires new neural pathways to be formed. However he is encased in stone meaning no neural activity should be possible. At least, no altering of the brains composition.

Later it is revealed that the petrification heals tissue around it so when you depetrify you are healed of injuries.

They literally bring a girl who is clinically brain dead before the event, back good as new.

This means even if mental trauma is sustained, after awakening the brain should physically be healed.

When will best girl arrive?

Attached: gorilla.jpg (647x1041, 115K)

It's a shame the OP is so generic and lacklustre

I thought, given the unique premise for the show, it would have a much more original and interesting sounding intro, something akin to GiTS

It's a make or break anime, they can't allow themselves to deviate far from the norm.

>Senku is Smug
The topic is that his face is smug looking cuz thats how he always looks because he's always ecstatic about discover. Senku as a character isnt smug or full of himself, Far from it, he only sees himself as a practitioner and vessel of said knowledge, if anything he thinks little of himself in ego and cherishes the craftsmanship and ability of others far more than his own.

This has been prevalent since the beginning of him valuing Taiju and Tsukasas manpower, to Kaseki and Yuzurihas' dexterity all the way to Ryusui's and his profession with the Ship/Sea.

If you think Senku is conceited or full of himself and thats the extent of his personality and character then youre looking in the wrong fucking places for personality.

Attached: Image_202.png (780x773, 567K)

this is a oversimplification. But for example:

>shortsighted man have a baby with his shortsighted cousin
>baby is practically blind

>completely perfect man has a kid with his perfect cousin
>kid is chad

Why do people like this trash again? It's a dumb pseudo-isekai with retarded time skip instead of retarded reincarnation as the forced premise.

What would be the most modern and timeproofed technology we could use to build our current architecture?

>people like thing I don't like
Wow, how can this be possible

>shonen
It's aimed at 13 year old kids user.

>tells 13 y/o kids the chemical process on how to create acid strong enough to melt human bodies
Shitposters on suicide watch

The obvious solution is to read the manga

Why do some people have marks on their face and some doesn't like the blonde girl on the op?

The marks are petrification scars

The marks don't need to be on their face exclussively. It's a side effect of the petrification. Will be explained next ep

She jobbed to Kirisame