Why the fuck was StrikerS so divisive among the Nanoha fandom? People even try to argue that it's non-canon all together

Why the fuck was StrikerS so divisive among the Nanoha fandom? People even try to argue that it's non-canon all together

Attached: Mahou.Shoujo.Lyrical.Nanoha.full.240431.jpg (1000x1144, 347K)

>Yuuno fucked these three
lucky bastard

Because it was shit?
Because it did a Star Wars and shoved down our throats a whole bunch of new characters we didn't like and didn't want to see?
Because of the author's massive fear of the gay?

The author's sudden obsession with heterochromia, which is gross.

Attached: nanoha[1].jpg (2874x4096, 1.34M)

People don't like the idea of anime girls growning up

Attached: 1bbaf7bce76fcb4e532ded30b3f53dce.jpg (547x751, 144K)

>he does not like Subarua and Tia

> Muh Head Canon
Cope, creator of the series acknowledged that Nanoha & Fate are married, the Voice Actors wrote out Nanoha's daily schedule during Strikers & Nanoha/Fate have daily sex from 11:00-1:00

It skipped over literally all of Nanoha and Fate's development that would have come from puberty just to arbitrarily make them adults. It didn't even bother to explain why Nanoha decided to move from the Earth. The first half is also incredibly boring and focuses on characters with no real charisma. The new crew don't become good until the second half, which is where all the actual good content is.

Then there is all the boring political nonsense. People just want to watch a fucking magical girl show, now have our characters get around red tape. It'd be one thing if it was focused on Nanoha's seeming hypocrisy at being one of the main forces of what essentially is a universal dictatorship. Instead its about boring shit that no one cares about, and a revenge sub plot that isn't related at all to our characters.

>New characters after 10+ years have passed
Oh no, god forbid.

Nanoha died with A's.

This, StrikerS should have been a episodic monster of the week show that focused on Yuri romance drama.

That's weird because that's my favorite kind of sequel. Seeing characters we like and how they're doing years later is the best.

The token heterosexuals that Fate adopted, the enemy robots, the bazillion opponents, the clunky Midchilda/Belka stuff that would have been better served by remaining ambiguous, adultified Vivio (and what she later became), limiters and otherwise downplaying the title character.

Attached: snapshot20070826183843.jpg (704x396, 65K)

StrikerS was flawed in a few ways, but it was still great and still the same kind of Nanoha action/awesomeness that we all know and love. If A's was a 10 (which most Nanoha fans think it was) then StrikerS was at least an 8.5 or a 9. But...

>People don't like the idea of anime girls growning up

...so those people hated on it a hundred times harder than if a similar story had been told with the younger Nanoha/Fate/Hayate. The people who think the characters should have never grown up can't be reasoned with. A certain Bitch-kun around this very board is a perfect example.

Attached: srs bsns.png (364x397, 193K)

He's only interested in little girls user, that's why Fate assigned Arf to keep him in check and not do anything to her daughter.

Attached: 1554091380832.jpg (1500x1080, 1.12M)

> Literally every major character is a lesbian & gets shipped with another girl except Yuuno
> Strikers introduces two Straight characters & makes them main characters
Why the fuck did they do this?

>Lindy
>Chrono & Amy

Precia was my favorite straight Nanoha character.

Attached: Fate and Alicia's parents.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

> Major Characters
Lindy doesn't become a main character until the movie reboots

Her and Chrono are at least Yuuno-tier in the grand scheme of the show.

We got Subaru and Teana, and I couldn't bring myself to care about any of the Numbers.

Attached: 1289945736197.jpg (704x2772, 555K)

This is a Belkan Knight with some loli.

Attached: snapshot20070802202348.jpg (704x396, 43K)

There was no obsession. It was just the mark of the ones who inherited the memories.

StrikerS was just OK, the cool bits diluted amongst too many episodes and too large a cast. If things had stopped there, all might have been well, but everything post 2007 has been utter shite, not helped post-Force by focussing on characters I just don't give a single fuck about.

Attached: nanoha-rape.png (389x312, 15K)

You can't rape the willing.

Attached: 1559892229988.jpg (472x472, 217K)

I'm so glad that in two years from now, StrikerS will no longer be a point of contention for anyone. We'll just all agree that, unlike with the first two movies, you can absolutely watch the two StrikerS movies instead of the series since the movies will have all the great Vivio parts, improved versions of the best action scenes, and none of the long stretches of fighting robots or training where they fight fake robots that look exactly the same.

The little girls grew up and blossomed into beautiful women which made the pedophiles lose their shit, and they continue to lose their shit to this very day.

>all the great Vivio parts
Vivio being more than a surrogate for Nanoha and Fate's science baby was where the rot really set in, so there'll still be disagreement. That and the making canon of the palatte swapped evil twins in the recent films.

Attached: NanoFate_ss_038.jpg (704x1188, 110K)

In the alternate timeline manga series, Vivio ends up being Fate & Nanoha's biological daughter somehow

I wouldn't be surprised if in a potential StrikerS movie Vivio gets retconned as having genes from Nanoha and Fate.

Attached: 1546594349741.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Heterochromia and bright colored hair are genetic markers for magically engineered bloodlines.

Nanoha was always legit when it had bad guys with presence!
Rivalries!
A season's worth of back and forth clashing!
Only Jail was worth anything and his fight with Fate was at the very tail end of everything. And he changed absolutely nothing about her.
StrikerS was inferior.

Vivio is such a cute girl.

It is a shame they have adults modes.

Just imagine if Nanoha Vivid was about lolis having fights.

Better no movie at all ffs.

>rape blossom.
Funnily enough, Nana once voiced a character named Blossom.

Post chubby Vivio!

Well some people hate 2/3 of the franchise as a whole. Really it's a bust at that point. It wasn't always like this though. Back in the day everybody was happy StrikerS came out, it was all we had. Problem with franchises like these is that people want more then people get picky and begin to resent everything. It's sad really.

Attached: __takamachi_nanoha_mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_strikers_and_etc_drawn_by_hoshino_kagari__162985f2cef (754x1008, 161K)

Time skips are always controversial in any anime series, nevermind a 10 year time skip and having the theme and tone of the show change from a magical girl one to a magical military one. I'm hard pressed to think of any other series that had such a major time jump and tonal shift. Plus, as even people who like StrikerS will admit, while the project was extremely ambitious, the result had some massive, glaring flaws.

Well there is one good thing to come from timeskips, if you know what I mean.

Attached: dlu57181.jpg (1249x735, 195K)

If you catch my drift

Attached: htd76ffi.jpg (8934x4091, 3.83M)

pleb detected

Attached: 63b2aecb075da3708916c308a3b32625.png (1000x1560, 1.57M)

I'm always amazed those nipples aren't shopped in

What's your thoughts on Detonation? I was away at the time of the Bluray release and missed all the threads.

I don't care what anybody says about StrikerS, Fate is sexy no matter how old she is.

Attached: zhighhighs.jpg (1024x819, 213K)

Best since A's, but still disappointing because they didn't give Nanoha & Fate any actual romance

They're great.

Attached: Bath.jpg (1253x1802, 1.06M)

There is no such thing as canon or not-canon. Everything was fake and a lie.

Attached: 5457fbdfghtr.jpg (1400x640, 451K)

If I was in Japan, I would so prod them to give names of the Midchilda actresses who played our ace heroines. Or were they earthlings (the sound stage backstory isn't clear whether the Movies are made in space or on Earth)

Attached: get stylish.png (609x634, 434K)

Couldn't bring myself to care about any of the new characters.

>That and the making canon of the palatte swapped evil twins
Are you sure they're part of the main canon? I don't remember anything in the films firmly connecting them to future events. The only other parts of the franchise that they referenced were the first two movies which don't directly depict the main canon. They could be more TSAB propaganda.

What ever happened to Nanoha's upgraded Formula device? Or even the weird equipment that everyone else was testing? I'm not convinced that they aren't some sort of AU unless that unobtainable guidebook people keep talking about confirmed otherwise.

What do you people think about the B. dream scenario? Would Japan accept if the creators proclaimed StrikerS+Vivid(and Strike) non-canon? Or would there be a shitstorm?

Attached: Retrospect_&_STEP_WISE_(extras)_05.jpg (1805x1262, 1.39M)

>people
You mean a single obsessed autistic person.

Japan cares a lot less about 'canon' than we do. IF anything like that were to happen they'd declare the new thing an alternative timeline or some shit but also continue to promote StrikerS/Vivid releases and merch the same as ever.

Takuya is really our guy. Imagine how good friends they have to be if Fate casually puts her hand this high on Nanoha's inner thigh.

Attached: ViVid 65 17.jpg (1491x2118, 899K)

>Japan cares a lot less about 'canon' than we do.
This is something a lot of fans here really, really keep failing to understand. They just want to create stories in some shared universe based on the major concepts etc. Dumb fans are the ones who expect some intricately curated time line and continuity and pry over minute details. I've seen that shit happens in stuff like Type Moon and Gundam, it's fucking sad.

I consider Reflection and Detonation to be an alternate continuity unless we get an official confirmation of their canonicity. While they don't directly contradict anything, the fact that they brought loads of magic and technology never mentioned again since doesn't really inspire me with confidence.

Attached: they completely forgot about her in detonation.jpg (442x609, 67K)

It doesn't matter that they don't care about it, the results are still bad.

Well that technology is all highly experimental. It would make complete sense if it was proclaimed it is still too early and it's back to laboratory for it unless there is some serious incident that would require it, which happens in Force time (man I need to memorise the Mid calendar years).

Actually ever being an optimist, I kind of expected that to be the explanation, originally. But my wishes don't become true much.

I don't think anyone except for the few autists are going to demand the minutely detailed history of the future events, but Nanoha franchise as a whole has been lacking direction for years. The creators keep trying random things for years with varying degrees of success.

I was expecting some throwaway reference that would tie the new antagonist and his tech to Jail Scaglietti and combat cyborgs. Oh well...

Attached: 49f8a9118372b64c6858ddd3e5f8028a.jpg (1600x620, 189K)

Since TSAB confiscated the robots and technology, it could be retroactivelly proclaimed to be basis of #welshword# company's technology?
(Calledfwch?)

I love bibio

Attached: 1501891558072.png (407x1189, 365K)

Say no more

Attached: DuoSiIQUwAAML4b.jpg (2048x1536, 665K)

Attached: DuXrhPrUYAAVHlF.jpg orig.jpg (1242x2048, 330K)

Attached: DuYYiLeVYAgyAiE.jpg orig.jpg (1406x2048, 455K)

Attached: Dn8pXByUwAAOp12.jpg orig.jpg (567x800, 152K)

I want to Vivio

Attached: Vivio and Nove.jpg (850x1232, 237K)

Attached: Bimbio sport.jpg (1085x2244, 606K)

Einhart is the thinking man's selfinsert, amirite

Attached: Dw9gdc7VsAAE7LY.jpg (600x850, 67K)

Fuck

I want to marry Lutecia and support her as she becomes a cute chubby housewife!

Attached: Lutecia snacks.jpg (1351x844, 504K)

Speaking of that, can anybody explain this pic to me? Is that Caro (only recognised her by the dragon) marrying Lutecia or wtf?

Attached: D0QocZLU0AEjEoQ.jpg (1237x2048, 425K)

That kind of interaction for sure comes more from the marital part of their relationship than from the friendship side. Also what's with Nanoha grabbing Fate by the armpit in your picture?

That's what her whole crazy backstory is for. I think a lot of fans insert as various girls. You really don't see many people posting het doujins even though there are plenty of them.

The biggest dilemma is whether you insert as your favorite girl or your favorite girl's girlfriend so that you get to be with her.

Attached: Olivie's prophecy.webm (853x480, 2.96M)

People who were only into the franchise for the lolis and magical girl-ness hated it, people who enjoyed Nanoha for the characters and narrative generally liked it (Though people who hyperfocus on their pet character get pissy about the new recruits and decided they were shit from the moment they came into existence, never giving them a chance).

It's a strong entry but also extremely ambitious. It tried to do a whole lot at once and I appreciated what it managed to pull off, but some things got a little whisked through. Unlike most I actually appreciated the training bits because it helps one realize that Nanoha was an extreme oddity and Hayate was propped up by her knights and extremely powerful Lost Logia (she can't even aim her spells properly without assistance). Not everyone is going to be amazing out of the gate. Also helped get one acquainted to the new characters and let one see the old characters in mentor positions which was really cool. Then the second half of the show was a real treat for absolutely everyone and focused on the old characters plenty.

Attached: Dsm2FG6VAAAPLn1.jpg (2048x1878, 594K)

It's weird that this series has a ton of loli doujinshi and a ton of cowtits doujinshi, but very little of anything in between. Weren't we supposed to get a movie or OVA or something with the main cast in their high-school years at one point?

My wife Vivio is so cute

It's possible with Detonation out there, but it was never intended in the past.

I don't think anything like that was ever announced. I think all such discussion has mostly been the result of people speculating that they might after they teased that period during the last 5 minutes of A's.

I still don't get the backstory of the person vivio is a clone of. why did she have no arms?

She blew them off