Why does Yea Forums hate this character? she's relatable

why does Yea Forums hate this character? she's relatable

Attached: fsx.jpg (716x903, 125K)

there is not a single person on Yea Forums who could relate to being a desperate office lady

*I* don't hate her, I just can't tell how self-aware she is about her expectations. If it were clear that she didn't find her own expectations to be realistic but stuck with them on the basis that it's her right or something then it would be one thing. As it is I just can't really tell what the fuck she wants.

I don't hate her, but I can't relate at all. I've never worked in office.

I don't think there's a whole lot of working anons on this board

It's not just office it applys to nearly every job

>why does Yea Forums hate this character? she's relatable
Larping as little girls on Yea Forums does not mean you relate.

because most people on her are beta orbiters like haida, and her blowing him off to ride the chad cock carousal hits a little too close to home

She's not Fenneko.

Fenneko is incel.

She dumped Tadano. He was the most stable relationship she had. Plus he was rich and he was willing to support her if she quit her job she desperately wants to escape from. But him not wanting marriage and kids was a deal breaker for her. They're both still young and things could have changed. They had just begun dating and shit. It's like Retsuko wants everything she requires in a mate to be happy.

haha gottem i am also a desperate lady however I am unemployed an I am not a lady

she didn't deserve tadano, he did nothing wrong

this

because Yea Forums hates everything that's popular with normies

but also this

>Retsuko hates her soulless office job
>Tadano gives her the opportunity to discover what she really wants to do, even if it's nothing at all, as long as it's not have kids
>Retsuko decides she'd rather just work the soulless office job that she hates
>This is portrayed as a happy ending and a sign of maturity
What the FUCK is wrong with Japan?

she wants kids though thats on of the few things she figured out

Or not. I have a pair of friends. She waited for him to change hir mind until it was clear he wouldn't years later. Now her bioclock is ticking and has to start again. I don't relate to Ritsuko, but she did the right thing if she wanted kids.

But this is Japan, mate. They get married within months after meeting. And she is in the sensitive age already. If she wants to marry, she must look for someone willing, otherwise it's just waste of her precious time.

I'm probably the only person on Yea Forums with a job and I find her pretty relatable. Her relationship with her mom is similar to mine as well.

>she's relatable
if you are a roast

>They're both still young and things could have changed. They had just begun dating and shit.
That's just a dangerous gamble.
If your partner does not have the same Life Goals as you, you should break up.

I like her, very very relatable.

Is this show unpopular? there's only one guy reacting to this show on whole youtube

Season 1 > original serie >>>>>> Season 2

what does this have to do with my question

if the series goes to shit, nobody talk about it

okay but what does this have to do with my question

She wants not too much and not too little at the same time. I imagine if some popular actor for some reason fell in love with her and would want her to bear his children they would've dated for couple of weeks but then she would dump him because of paparazzi and being embarrassed to be so much in public eye.

No, it has to be a guy who slaves away at the office at acceptable wages who would let her sit at home and raise children so that then she could complain he doesn't spend enough time with her and children until they become "her children". I wonder if love is even in her equation considering the one guy she was interested in dating wasn't interested in her at all, meanwhile Haida and Tadano are primarily moved by love for her.

>defending commie donkey

like, why can't he just marry her if he loves her so much

She represents everything that man don’t like about women.

Attached: 652D5472-200A-4BBD-9B83-AF2B81D410D5.jpg (828x1433, 575K)

She's a gold digger.

Relatable if you're a roastie

Attached: 1560943544911.png (834x1402, 1.52M)

Marriage is important in Japan. Also it was unlikely he would ever change his views. And as mentioned they are not from the same world at all. She is a regular/average employee, he is a genius dreamer with a vision. This cannot work, they don’t live in the same world at all.

Sponsored by:

Attached: 782851B4-D5CF-4F5C-A31C-2F3406BB9680.jpg (220x276, 15K)

westerners just don't understand I feel bad for them

And that's how it is for girls in Japan right? Office lady then marriage then housewife.

Attached: 1544398520688.png (276x347, 90K)

>Created by Netflix
>Produced by a colonialist foreigner
>Praised by American colonial media

It's not anime. It's neo-colonialist trash and you're trash if you watch it. The only purpose of this garbage is to attack the world's peoples to make them more amenable to american command and control.

I'm a femanon and I relate to this.

He is a corporate nanny.

people who have never had a job can't relate to Retsuko. Hence why Yea Forums hates her.

This. She is overall really relatable to anyone working to make a living while not having any passion for said job and being too dull/average to actually go out there and pursue fearlessly her true passion.
hitting way too close to home

>relating to a woman
that's pretty gay bro

How many dumb thots browse Yea Forums? It can't be many so who is relating?

Pandakin

>muh incel safespace

Yeah this. I had those ideas when I was 15

I have a job and I find her relatable

Marriage and kids is a big deal. It's fair not to want to date someone with different ideas of marriage and children.

t. rejected incels

Why the fuck she dump /ourboy/ haida? What does the donkey have? What the fuck does the landwhale bear have? Fuck

Haida unironically lacks masculinity sure, he's sympathetic but he's way too submissive

>Beta orbiters
No

Tadano have money, a big dick and is handsome. Haida?

Speak for yourself

haida is the end boss husbando

if she unfucks her head she might get with him

else haida will get another waifu eventually

he definitely deserves it

>that projection
literally me characters are boring as fuck, and indicative of low empathy if that's all you can relate to. you're basically celebrating a self-insert mentality except since it's realistic it's somehow okay.

>Arbitrary separation of people into tiers of wealth and status
I will gladly keep not understanding then.

Dumb humanist westerner brainwashed by decades of anti-traditionalism and anti-natalism.

I can't blame her for this one. The problem of not being married with someone is that literally any day for any reason the relationship can just end out of nowhere so imagine if Tadano would've made her quit her job and actually started supporting her and they end up splitting up. What will Retsuko do with her life then? She'd be left in the air with no kind of support at all, shits scary to imagine.

Haida is for Feneko and if you think otherwise you're wrong.

Attached: 1545339937883.gif (600x338, 1.87M)

Seems like a waste of time to hunt for a stable job just to quit it for a life of a housewife. Something needs to fucking give here.
How hard is it to provide cheap childcare for all?

Because being a wageslave officecuck is such a good time, right?

Childhood is to symphatyze with Retsuko
Adulthood is to realize Ton was right all along.

Attached: 1562500387684.jpg (210x240, 15K)

>Capitalist pig
Really, japan?

based

She's a bit of an idiot but she's also really cute.

>They had just begun dating and shit. It's like Retsuko wants everything she requires in a mate to be happy.
I saw it as her friends convinced her of that
And then there is the star "crossed lovers" / "quiet life is the best" tropes that nips love so much

>But she is so relatable!
No, this horse is a much better relatable character.

Attached: EEB32A36-56C4-4B38-9FAB-03D41D0FE41C.jpg (700x700, 135K)

Ton was is my favorite character.

Her expectations are unrealistic and she will keep finding reasons to dump guys. Tadano was the best but he didn't want marriage and kids yet still saw him and Retsuko spending the rest of their lives together.

I don't like it because it's so relatable. I've never understood the self insert meme, it just makes me uncomfortable

>relating to a furry
That's the issue. Furries aren't people.

>she wants kids though thats on of the few things she figured out
I just saw a hippo having a lovely family life now that's what I wanna do my whole life.

this.

you watch youtube reaction videos and count them as a measure of popularity? The cheap clickbaits for zoomers with no brain of their own? What the fuck is wrong with you?

aggretsuko was funded by the government of japan as pro-reproduction propaganda

yes, but only for 30-40 year old men.

Do you know what self actualization is?
She said she wanted to rock being mom and super wife.
Just being with Tadano and doing nothing to achieve this is wasting time,
manipulating him into marriage is cruel and shitty thing to do to him
so she was honest with him. They want different things in life, the ones you can't simply have a compromise over.

Office women in real life act like Retsuko. She's unironically Pam.

Moms are the benevolent hand and glue that keeps the family together in Japan. They control all the spending and money. Retsuko is going to have to get good if she wants to be super wife.

because fenneko is more interesting, but there isn’t much of her in season 2

"I am alone, I hate women, I hate children, anyone who wants to have children is brainwashed by state propaganda, people should just die alone masturbating, but instead they are brainwashed into procreating!"

Attached: IMG_20190713_193325.png (546x331, 92K)

Self insert as a fictional character is wrong.

>anyone who wants to have children is brainwashed by state propaganda
true

>tries to coast by in life by snagging some dude who's better off than her, handsome, and rich
>all while being inadequate, insecure, and with very little sense of self-worth
This is what makes volcels.

Attached: yikes.png (240x240, 95K)

No, it’s much more than that. He’s like the ugliest mirror in existence.

Why do you fucks love Tadano so much? He's an emotionally castrated sociopath; I doubt he can even get an erection. On the other hand, Haida is a beta though, so I think Retsuko is right and needs to keep looking.

how is he a sociopath

Could it be that we are too brainwashed and think that wealth/social/etc classes are no obstacle to love?
I mean a woman falling in love with a fish was an (((oscar))) winner

unless you're on top of the social pyramid that's cuck mentality

Season 2 kinda felt like filler, I felt that there wasn’t enough of the other side characters, washimi, gori, ton, and anai were great, but I felt that there wasn’t enough of fenneko or haida, and the Tadano arc felt really rushed and kinda jumped the shark. Hopefully this means that they are saving the more interesting stuff for season 3 instead of trying to fill a status quo every season.

user, the character of Retsuko exists primarily as a cute mascot to market to 20-35 year old OLs by providing a relatable character. The show is meant to promote the product line. If the show leaves the status quo, then the relatability is lost and the mascot is no longer effective.

Retsuko cannot advance. She will never find a permanent relationship. She will never have kids. She will never find something she'd really, truly rather do than work her shitty job that she hates. Haida will never get with her or move on from her. Tadano's venture will never change the world. Gori will never find her younger man, but she'll never stop looking for him, either. If any of those things happened, then suddenly the fantasy that Sanrio is selling is dispelled. This is all there is and all there's ever going to be.

Chauvinistic,
Fren

Attached: C8449F0A-5BA1-44B3-8FAF-F8E9A71FC965.jpg (640x640, 69K)

yeah ton isn't a literal capitalist (that's the ceo elephant), he's a middle manager

>not wanting marriage and kids was a deal breaker
That's a pretty big issue in any relationship

I related to Anai more desu
I'm pretty much Anai

Fuck you, you entitled zoomer piece of shit

I really think Haida and Fenneko need more screen time and some story arcs that focus a bit more on them.

Attached: fenneko and retsuko.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Attached: best girl.png (1291x1665, 434K)

>Moms are the benevolent hand and glue that keeps the family together in Japan

Bullshit. In general regardless of country fathers are the only important part of a family and keeping a family together. Women? They initiate most divorces even if there are children involved. Women don't care especially when the divorce is No Fault Divorce. Women are shit.

If we didn't need them for reproduction, we would have killed these disloyal leeches pieces of shit years ago.

>/r9k/

Fuck you you cunt bastard spawn of a Single Mother! Die!

Agreed, they really need some more development.

You're right user.

Literally me.

>Mothers are not important, men can raise children just fine and women should be replaced!
Holy incels Batman

Attached: 11.png (837x760, 273K)

>Just According to Abe's Keikaku.jpg

she is a becky user
the one riding the carousal would be the deer

Agreed, it would make for a much better story.

So how often did she fuck the donkey in the back of the car?

The ones in London can

I didn't say she should manipulate him into marriage. Having some big ceremony to profess your love to one another isn't necessary to spend the rest of your life with someone.

kek

Deja vu

the post is deleted but i agree that's retarded

60% of Yea Forums is girls.

why does this fucking series attract posters from /r9k/? These threads are always so awful.

Just discuss it on Yea Forums or Yea Forums

I seriously doubt this

Because It's a series that heavily features relationships, and you just assume anyone who complains about anything related to relationships is from /r9k/

>Not loving Tadano
>He can give you all of the capital and connections you need to achieve your craziest dreams
>Lets you fuck off and hide from reality when you want to
>Not interested in archaic concepts like marriage
>Is the type of emotionally stunted asshole who will 100% want kids when it suits him in 10 years
>Interested in making a difference and actually does, not interested in mundane normal person shit
>Always in control of his emotions

It makes no damn sense that he even likes Retsuko to start with, though. They have nothing in common.

speak for yourself

best boy

Attached: 1561668380147.png (1286x826, 479K)

Girls (male)

Best

Attached: Fenneko.jpg (2000x1900, 140K)

He unironically is. He's a cold bastard due to working through a terrible period and getting a ton of abuse thrown his way. This made him jaded and wanting to dish out some of that abuse he received. However the world changed and the life he knew is gone now. Although he's grown hard that puts him in a better place to tell it like it is than his modern co-workers

There was a poster who said mothers should be replaced, don't strawman me.

Tadano is NOT in control of his emotions, he's incredibly emotionally repressed and distant and not ready for a relationship of anything serious. That was the point of his character, to show that although he has money, he lacked the other vital things a man needs, and Retsuko was right for moving on.

I hope her and Haida get together

>discuss
>Yea Forums
>Yea Forums

problem with Season 2
>trying so hard to tame any characters. Even the bad guys or annoying characters need to shine here and here, so one one feel special anymore. it's just lurkwarm.
>easy jokes that feel flat
>no actual redline (the whole drivig licence thing was useless)
>the new characters were underwhelming, they did nothing great with them
>and finally, where the fuck are the death metal karaoke? It's supposed to be one of the main point of the serie.

one thing that i don't see a lot of people talk about is that he seems to have actually selected retsuko to be his successor someday. none of the other employees get the treatment she does, and the stuff he says about how his boss treated him the same way seems to reinforce this.

>>trying so hard to tame any characters. Even the bad guys or annoying characters need to shine here and here, so one one feel special anymore. it's just lurkwarm.
That's not a problem, one of the shows themes is the idea that there's something good about everyone.

>That's not a problem, one of the shows themes is the idea that there's something good about everyone.
and that's FUCKING BORING
>Anai, obviously, can cook very well, for some reasons
>le X character food is buaarrk, but le Y character foods is YUMMI!!
every fucking anime

also that there's a reason everybody acts the way they do
ton didn't come out of the womb a misogynistic jerk, things made him that way

He clearly cares about Retsuko he just doesn't know how to show it. When her friends handle her with kid gloves to spare her feelings he tells her what she needs to hear. He also put her in charge of training the new hire so he recognizes she's a great worker and has the ability to lead. Retsuko's issue is that she's too insecure in her own abilities Ton's unorthodox methods are making her come out of her shed.

So sorry this show doesn't try to validate your delusion that everyone you don't personally like is an irredeemable awful person in every way.

In retrospect, I suppose a message like that would go over most westerners head given the state of modern politics where you're trained to think anyone who doesn't vote for the same president as you is Hitler.

>she's relatable
for OLs
for male NEETs like myself she's not relatable at all

true in real life.
BUt we are in a cartoon with animals. it should be precisely the opposite because the animals represent personalities, not actual people. If you wated down every characteristics they represent, there is a problem.
And this is why Season 1 > original serie >>>>>> Season 2

The responses to this show are seriously telling for how fucked up some of you assholes are, holy shit

It's been like that since season 1 dumbass.
>Ton is given a sympathetic backstory to show he was abused himself even worse than what he does today
>was capable of self reflection and opening up to new ideas (though it has to wind up getting undone because a TV show needs to maintain the status quo)
>shows off that he's the best accountant in the company, is a major asset to the company

>But him not wanting marriage and kids was a deal breaker for her.

You would have preferred if she manipulated him into getting married and having kids that he doesn't actually want?

Fuck Tadano and fuck Haida. Retusko is a stupid bitch for passing up Shirota who they could just did causal dating until they were ready. She legit only has her self to blame.

this fat fuck spends half the day swinging a golf-club, i'd understand his strictness if he himself were also working all the time, but hes just a power-tripping pig

He worked his way up there and you can see even the CEO elephant pretty much doing nothing most of the time. Ton has proven when things get tough he can outclass a bunch of people just using an abacus then a computer to get shit done when it really matters.

Her problem is that she expects a fairy tail scenario when it comes to love. I wonder if the show is going to allow the characters to reflect on how they have terrible ideas of relationships.

user, if Ton was power tripping, then he would make his employees do 100 hour work weeks with no weekends off and take credit for it.

Ton is just an old fashioned office worker who understands the game.

She pretty much almost got that fairy tail ending if she just let a few things go. She really does have really high standards and even when they are met she still might fuck off at the last second. Its really hard to feel bad for her when everything walks up to her on a silver platter. The fact she is very demanding and picky despite having no real skills or anything backing her up. I honestly think she fail as a stay at home mom that the father would have to step in. Which would be fair if he is bringing home the bacon.

The main issue is that she puts the wrong things forward and isn't mature enough to really understand what makes a relationship work. She wants to be swept off her feet in a grand romantic way but doesn't think past the romanticized version of marriage. In season 1 and most of season 2 she doesn't get the work that goes into one. In the first season she meets her dream guy but she's just projecting her ideas on him. She even tries to ignore her wants and needs to make it work but you can't do that in a relationship. With Tadano it was essentially the same thing. Sure the glitz and glamour is there but if you can't connect with the person it doesn't matter. The point is that the fairy tail ending doesn't really exist. That a proper relationship is just getting to know someone over a long period of time and loving them.

There's something kinda hilarious about Yea Forums criticizing a character for having unrealistic standards.

Any show that uses the term "late stage capitalism," unironically is written by pseuds.
Guaran-fucking-teed.

Young people unironically believe that late stage capitalism will solve all their problems.

Most think its the couse of all thier problems or at least most of them.

They're not wrong.

>believing late stage capitalism is a real thing
Marxist have been saying this for a century

And now automation is starting to finally take jobs (took it long enough). In the next century jobs will finally become obsolete and anime like this will be artifacts, can't wait for that day.

The south said the same thing about tractors dude. Never gonna happen.

Attached: 1527601314_bbfe4a520f4bf7c0b690034b58f84265b82cb62a81c14b07dee12831519172d6.gif (440x440, 2.37M)

Nick pls go

It's just Hello Kitty for liberal millenials. Go back to Netflix normalfag.

>deterritorializes back into 100 TB of manhua.

worth noting that most of the time we see him in the office in s2 he's actually grinding away at his abacus

>a show about a woman who wants to get married and start a family
>for liberal women

>Haida will settle for Feneko and if you think otherwise you're wrong.
ftfy

Sometimes you have to be the badguy toughen people up. It is how the world works. No liberal will ever convince me otherwise.

>Retsuko wants everything she requires in a mate to be happy.
Why settle early she may as well keep looking. Mooching off a rich guy isn't really what she wants she thinks being a mum will bring status and fulfillment.

Trash panda is trash what do you expect?

I loved Anai losing his shit.

Attached: 53a.png (2100x1500, 1.99M)

make her the main character

>other vital things a man needs

But people have different tastes. It is true that Retsuko would be a lot happier with a traditional man like Haida.

Not wanting marriage or kids is not always a sign of being emotionally stunted, especially in the context of someone highly educated/career-driven like Tadano. He has a completely different set of priorities than an OL would. Again, it still makes no goddamn sense that he'd like someone like Retsuko anyway and mostly just comes off as Bridget Jones-tier wish fulfillment where the sexy rich bachelor wants the plain office lady.

This bitch is getting an arc, right?

Attached: Tsunoda.jpg (1192x670, 81K)

How big is Tadano's donk

BIG DONKEY DICK

She already had one. She acts like a vapid slut to get people to like her and she thinks that it'll help Ton go easy on everyone

Komiya deserves one imo

Plenty of liberal women are married with kids. You know liberal doesn't mean SJW hambeast dyke right?

this is me, am I just fucked?

What's her job in the company? Why does she not wear the OL uniform?

Yes I do. the more popular the show the more reaction videos on youtube, are you stupid?

Isn't Tadano a mule?

>she's relatable
But she's not a little girl.

Attached: 1549107698298.jpg (1584x1080, 747K)

The guy actually creeped me out.

Married to bitch men who apologize for having a Y chromosome.

>who can relate to being an awkward adult?
all of Yea Forums? nay, most of the population?

I hate the fact this fandom is full of gayfags

Having everything you ever wanted just handed to you isn't an ideal life

WOW a mule??? Did you know mules are infertile? Methinks that explains Tadano-san's lack of a desire to procreate...

Attached: 5-environmental-biology-6-728.jpg (728x546, 116K)

I suspect she's lesbian

She just wants to see the world burn

Are office jobs really that bad?

Attached: 1549236916270.png (865x679, 692K)

>But him not wanting marriage and kids was a deal breaker for her.
I'm not one to side with a dumb bitch but that's a totally valid reason.

I don't, considering how much this board is obsessed with soap opera tier character drama.

I can't imagine anyone who chose a skill set relating to something they enjoy doing can relate. I understand feeling overwhelmed or going through rough patch but this bitch literally has no pride in her work. I can't relate to that.

>GOOD with money
>Donations almost 1/4th entire budget
Is this a typo? Is it supposed to say savings?

Attached: pepi.jpg (464x459, 20K)

Keep your fake netflix anime of MY Yea Forums

Taxes deduction.

Director Ton lowkey trying to protect Retsuko from the article and warning her about Tadano warmed my heart

Ton really feels like Retsuko's dream guy, is it boss equivalent of daddy issues?

Taxes aren't a donation.

doesn't work that way

I kinda miss resasuke and marumaru, I wanted at least a cameo in season 2.

She's in marketing apparently.

If she's anything like a real woman who acts that way she probably doesn't ever do any actual work though.

Nice projection retard. I work an office job and I hate her because she's just a self-insert office lady. What the fuck is interesting about her? Does she have any unique qualities?

He is a more well-written character. Some aspects of him may be comparable to parts of our own lives ans be relatable but he is his own character and not just some shitty self-insert.

>He is a more well-written character
Can you elaborate I haven't watched Bojack

>I just can't really tell what the fuck she wants
a very realistic portrayal of women

>lowkey
>>>/twitter/

>20 dollar internet
Where?

Pffff. Wagecuck.

Anai is a seething incel

>S1 Retsuko
>kinda has an idea of what she wants and even tried to project it onto others in pursuit of it
>S2 Retsuko
>Has no idea what the fuck she wants and things she's being given to on silver platter aren't good enough
S2 was a huge downgrade writing wise.

She's a self-centered, egoistic cunt.
Fenneko, on the other hand..

I don't remember him being sexually frustrated.

This.

Because most of Yea Forums doesn't have a job

Agrretsuko panties when?

> You ignored the part where he makes 100k a year and spends 2.8k per month. Meaning 70% of income already goes to savings

>relatable
There's no one Yea Forums hates more than themselves.

She doesn't have any "real" hobby, and she's too lost to discover it on her own.

Even with a hobby, I can tell you that having all the free time in the world can be more depressing than having to work: it's an obligation that makes you live a somewhat "healthy" life instead of going to bed and waking up at GodKnowsWhen

It's stupid on paper, but if it's enough for some people to not shoot themselves, it's good enough in my book

Attached: 1560144099431.jpg (743x780, 89K)

Kinda does in frog land, not sure about the rest of the world though

Attached: 1560138761812.jpg (600x832, 58K)

>House cleaner
I always though only ultra-rich bastards payed those services, the fuck is this tweet ?

I doubted this thing was worth of trust because of that 20$ Internet thingy, but the house cleaner seals the deal

Attached: 1558038638119.jpg (513x373, 81K)

>"t. rejected incels"
way to look beyond your mirror, you pussy-begging incel.

Not really. You're probably confusing it with a live-in maid. They just come by once a week and tidy up for you. My parents were a public school teacher and an IT guy, and we were able to afford one for a while.

20$ internet, though? Yeah, fuck that.