Record of Lodoss War

How can one anime ooze so much soul? Just finished the OVA. Everything about it is so charming. Nigga why am I crying

Attached: JejAe0k.jpg (800x612, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9aUfGClzhdI
bananachords.com/kiseki-no-umi-chords-maaya-sakamoto
youtu.be/GO3g1210bnc
youtube.com/watch?v=sVtbt_wgUpI
youtube.com/watch?v=39ytIoSvliA
youtube.com/watch?v=6xIf8rMp_bg
youtube.com/watch?v=9aUfGClzhdI
youtube.com/watch?v=vvSfzN-9R_M
e-hentai.org/g/74218/5e639d7c6d/
youtube.com/watch?v=eNvsaE0oLnI
youtube.com/watch?v=R5UDIBbqVOk
dailymotion.com/video/x1s0t4
youtube.com/watch?v=VnLPBwn3rdg
nyaa.si/view/530535
nyaa.si/view/529711
twitter.com/nobuteruyuuki?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=pGHhBlgOWV4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-zihBIsTFE
youtube.com/watch?v=dxEDNpPXgGQ
twitter.com/nobuteruyuuki/status/870657205627871233
youtube.com/watch?v=1s961qg6vYk
youtube.com/watch?v=zN_CqegdH-I
youtube.com/watch?v=5g3foyY37lY
youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ
ufile.io/4k7ywmtd
ufile.io/9qfenuf2
exhentai.org/g/864123/3a757638ec/
nyaa.si/view/1103348
mangadex.org/title/30467/lodoss-tousenki-haiiro-no-majo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deedlit has long spindly fingers and King Cashew has a nice moustache.

Is the tv show worth it?

Not as good as the OVAs imo but the opening is pure fucking genius. The chord progression to that song leaves me certifiably confused and bewildered.

This one m.youtube.com/watch?v=9aUfGClzhdI ?

i want to marry Deedlit, and that king is a proper Chad

Diedlit or Pirotess?

Attached: pirotess-20734.jpg (130x200, 7K)

Pirotess

Attached: AEF33095-AE05-4EF9-AF71-BF2BCCF095D6.png (244x185, 63K)

Its wierd and beautifull. i always have to listen to the end with that song damn it.

The True Man's choice

Attached: 4dd5b89cad353a7d2baf7556db4d5920.jpg (1200x1713, 949K)

Who is the bigger chad, Lord Raditz or King Cashew?

Attached: 251995.jpg (225x350, 28K)

Is this better than Berserk?

Pirotess obviously.

Attached: e7900e08878039a5220b4105fd2e55ba.jpg (936x1301, 265K)

i havent watched Berserk yet, but I can tell that Lodoss isn't a perfect anime. It's not the deepest story, and yes a lot of it is full of cliches and tropes, but you'll eventually shrug that off. Because that's also what makes it so charming and endearing. Especially the sincerity behind it and the power to immerse you into their world with their beautiful art is really good. It feels like you're among the band of adventurers.

Don't compare it to anything though, but I would definitely recc it in absolute terms if you like the D&D, Lotr, sword & sorcery genres.

Yep, Lodoss was more about codifying a lot of those tropes for future fantasy anime. Other fantasy like Slayers helped pave the way for more comedic fantasy.

Rune Soldier takes place on another continent in the Lodoss world, but it's more comedic and lighthearted. Crystania goes a bit more into Ashram and Pirotess after Lodoss.

Deelit is cute CUTE! priotess though is a beautiful dark elf

If only they hadn't spent all the budget on the OP
Not really, you're better of reading the manga

Because Lodoss was straight up a recount of an actual campaign?

>I would definitely recc it in absolute terms if you like the D&D
In some of the episodes you can almost visualise the dice being rolled.

The rips of it are really bad iirc, so I never watched it.

>How can one anime ooze so much soul?
Nobuteru Yuki.

Attached: file.png (600x850, 911K)

Attached: file.png (736x958, 1.14M)

Attached: file.png (564x769, 469K)

Attached: file.png (564x728, 738K)

Was a BD ever announced? I hate that so many shows are still locked in composite hell.

Attached: file.png (450x640, 610K)

last one

Attached: file.png (564x804, 303K)

Even some doujins look really comfy.
>valkyrie(?) helping Parn on the verge of defeat
>then getting clingy with him

Attached: 86.jpg (1075x1517, 335K)

Attached: 87.jpg (1075x1517, 311K)

Yes.

The song changes key mutiple times in the verses. Parts of the verse are in different keys than the chorus. It creates that jarring mystical feel to the song. When played with the melody of the vocals it ties it up together. I play this song on guitar frequently.

>bananachords.com/kiseki-no-umi-chords-maaya-sakamoto
Notice the use of F#, Fm, and F#m. I have never seen a song do something as fucking wild as this. The chorus begins with a change from F# to F#m, which isn't super uncommon but sounds really fucking cool. Its genius

>Nigga
>>>/reddit/

>screenshot from old composite rips
Man, get the remastered BDrips ASAP, that's soul.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 03 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [04A11740].mkv_snapshot_05. (1436x1080, 3.49M)

Also Karla man. That was such a exquisite character design.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 04 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [DA329B35].mkv_snapshot_17. (1436x1080, 2.79M)

she had bedroom eyes every single frame.
i still remember the friction between my schlong and my boxers she'd cause everytime she was on screen.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 03 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [04A11740].mkv_snapshot_03. (1436x1080, 2.91M)

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 03 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [04A11740].mkv_snapshot_03. (1436x1080, 2.52M)

Attached: diedlit.jpg (458x1345, 168K)

there's blu ray rips now

Of the TV series?
I know of the OVA, that's old news of course.

I rewatched the original series recently and I saw the sequel series Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. Both were great although the sequel made the mistake of reintroducing two returning characters as total strangers and changed the way a certain villain was killed in the original series.

I did enjoy the ending to the sequel series and how more depth was added to a certain antagonist.

Oh and I thought the omakes added to the end of each episode of the sequel series was were pretty good.

Make Elves Great Again!

Attached: 1546912697650.jpg (1270x480, 227K)

I wish more fantasy stories had similar Conanesque elements like her backstory

You guys hear about the new metroidvania?
youtu.be/GO3g1210bnc

Man, I love Lodoss and that game looks great. But I hate the only new things are always whoring out Deedlit, fucking hell there were more characters dammit.

The opening of this anime alone is more pure and kino than entire other series

>generic drunkard dwarf
>creepy priest who's probably a pedophile
>Pathetic MC
Woodchuck is the only main character other than deedlit worth giving a fuck about.
Maybe pirotesse too.

Orson was nice supposedly a berserker but he always did the right things in fights and calm dude protecting his greatgirl.

>generic drunkard dwarf
As opposed to mary sue tolkien-esque elf? Fuck out of here, the Dorf had a soul at least.

Woodchuck was based but my favorite was always Slayn.

Shiris

I hear amy rose, then Lina.

>Ends up banging a princess and becomes king/pope

Attached: 1561854129205.jpg (223x226, 8K)

Is really funny when you realize what the reason behind Parn acting so uncomfortable around Deedlit actually was.

Also he was described as a bishounen in the novels, girls would gather around him at the parties and Parn would get somewhat jealous. Not sure why they fucked up his design so fucking much.

All i know is that anime was way too fucking comfy for what its content was.

youtube.com/watch?v=sVtbt_wgUpI
No matter how many times I hear it, this always gives me goosebumps

You're crying because Japan will never be capable of making anything like it ever again.

Depend for what.

Attached: Deed_not_flat.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

I'm not even italian, but the voice here fits for some reason
youtube.com/watch?v=39ytIoSvliA

Kino
Intro was perfect

Elfs are for love obviously

Attached: 1544859379202.jpg (1420x2277, 1.68M)

I watch this series atleast once a year, to remember how good anime used to be

Attached: lodosswall028.jpg (1024x768, 78K)

The ova is one of those rare cases where you can tell the anime guys are big fans of the original even if the production rushes through content and isn't all that animated for an ova.
Have a moderately uncommon deedlit.

Attached: rlw015.jpg (1800x2499, 501K)

Never watched this as it looks like pretty generic high fantasy garbage to be hontou kazoku, but it probably does have one of the greatest OP's ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=6xIf8rMp_bg

the fact that Deedlit was being played by a guy?

>why am I crying

Because you know you'll never get anything like it ever gain.

Shit low-effort isekai for all, now and forever.

Just watch the opening and imagine what it could have been.
Fuck I'm watching ir again. Here: youtube.com/watch?v=9aUfGClzhdI

>redditposting
>>>/reddit/

Why is that so blurry?
user, did you download the god-awful Live-eviL release?

Attached: Defeat wizard, acquire elf waifu.jpg (1436x1411, 1.12M)

The TV series tried to follow the LN and manga more closely than the OVA, which tried to have a self-contained story.
The only good things about the TV series were its stellar OP and the omake shorts at the ends of the episodes.

Attached: Remember kids, if you can't think of a filename, just use what's in the image itself! For (640x480, 394K)

It was an ok anime. I finished it recently like you and wish they developed everything a little bit more, but oh well.

Attached: mpv-shot0029.jpg (1436x1080, 278K)

Is that her right nipple?

so where should i start with this? im downloading the remastered ovas already

OVA, then TV series with the understanding that it rewrites the second half of the OVA and continues the story further on less than half the budget of the OVA.

It's unique, there was no anime like it and there never will be.

thanks

Attached: 1410475447351.png (265x281, 161K)

shut the fuck up

fuck off retard

yeah no pedophile has ever married an adult woman or become a pope

I liiiike it but it's a huge step down in terms of quality and Spark isn't nearly as likeable as Parn was. Leaf is cute though. It's also got a more conclusive ending. So there's that.

Yes

>but my favorite was always Slayn.

Slayn is legit.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 12 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [D6A7B028].mkv_snapshot_16.0 (956x720, 90K)

I kinda prefered the OVA opening ending better,
(Japanese version of course)

youtube.com/watch?v=vvSfzN-9R_M

Attached: Lodoss.jpg (644x454, 139K)

I actually cosplayed Slayn once. It was pretty easy. Every time I DnD I basically play the dude.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 01 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [35F419F9].mkv_snapshot_08.3 (956x720, 126K)

The novel was a fun read and I really really wish they'd bring over the rest of them.

Attached: lodoss book.jpg (338x499, 35K)

Sorcerer by day, Sakura's dad by night.

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1440x1080, 208K)

>TFW Shiris fag
Everyone always only pays attention to the elves.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 08 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [5EA72C74].mkv_snapshot_04.2 (956x720, 117K)

How many cookies do you leave out for her to visit you with presents?

Spunky redheads are great. She doesn't get enough art.

Attached: 1274571316716.jpg (545x800, 129K)

An okay few, but with plenty of milk.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 10 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [E50476C5].mkv_snapshot_07.0 (956x720, 74K)

I really liked it too. Looking forward to more.
Also really liked the cover on it. Felt nice to hold.
I will say though, that Beld's death in the novel wasn't nearly as good as what the OVA did.

Attached: 1284438993114.jpg (1172x1500, 123K)

What a fucking Chad.

You've probably never held a musical instrument you fucking casual scrub.

Leaf is cutest elf.

Attached: lifgarak.jpg (632x475, 34K)

The TV series looks interesting enough with the character designs, but no BD release like the OVA makes me not wanna even bother.

The BD set only included it as a DVD, which is a real shame. On the whole I'd call it flawed but entertaining. It won't replace the OVA, hell it flat out requires you to watch at least 2/3rds the OVA so it's an okay fantasy anime if you want more.

Attached: 68927490_p0.jpg (1082x1500, 481K)

Attached: Threatening the berserker's waifu.webm (638x480, 2.91M)

No, don't shut up.

I know Orson is a murder machine so this really shouldn't count, but fuck me does Parn get slapped around a lot. I think one of the good parts of the TV series is that you actually get to see him as a bit more accomplished. Though it's interesting to note that in the book he's actually got some merc work under his belt.

Attached: 57342.jpg (1056x1313, 125K)

Yeah, OVA Parn was just a kid who LARPed around town. Book Parn was an actual adventurer, if still a bit hot-headed and too quick to act. But that gives him plenty of room for growth.

Attached: MMO boss battles.webm (957x720, 1.61M)

Okay, that Fm chord at the second stanza of the verse just straight up should not be there. That whole line is out of key to the rest of the song, which by that point the song has established what key its "meant" to be in by the repeating chords of the intro and the chanting. It catches the listener off gaurd and lets them know that the song just does not care about what the listener expects the song to be like. It really is a sea of miracles. Yoko Kanno is a truly a mastermind.

I spent a solid 48 hours with this song repeating in my head with that hauntingly evocative melody. Learning to play this song was so ground breaking to me because it broke the mold of "make sure the chords are all in the same key!" that most music fills mindlessly.

I do find it concerning that the book didn't waste any opportunity to mention how young Deed looks.

On the plus side though book Woodchuck got A LOT more focus. Which I liked. Didn't feel like he just got snagged.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 01 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [35F419F9].mkv_snapshot_06.3 (956x720, 101K)

Yeah, I always liked Woodchuck and seeing him get some proper development means it should hit harder when the inevitable happens.

Attached: [ReinForce] Lodoss-tou Senki - 08 (BDRip 1436x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv_20190713_025701.408.png (1436x1080, 2.46M)

Yeah that was a real shock. Especially since no version I've ever been able to find of the story goes anywhere beyond "Karla just dumped him for some new broad" Real shame. Though considering the game was based on a table top campaign, it also KIND OF makes sense a lot more in that regard because HOLY FUCK have I seen some crazy swerves at my own table thanks to a bad saving throw.

Attached: Karla TV.jpg (640x480, 20K)

I'm honestly surprised loli Deed never became more popular, sounds exactly like the kind of thing that would get tons of fanart.
Do you know if Pirotess' design is different in the books too?

Attached: 1493977419519.jpg (918x1063, 184K)

>tfw in the eartly 2000's I dreamed about watching this series and instead I have folders of pilled with images of it
Back in the day was hard, especially if you live in a lost town in the fucking Patagonia.

I don't think the book never really got to the point of really introducing and describing her. I think she was mentioned in the battle scene that culminates in Fahn and Beld's duel(in the book, Beld's demon sword has kept him young, while Fahn is an old man). After Beld kills Fahn, Kashue steps up and basically yells, "My turn!" and cuts Beld's head off with hardly any effort. It's after that that Ashram is introduced as he just picks up Beld's head, yells his introduction at Kashue and swears revenge while calling for a Cobra retreat.
Yeah, and if Lodoss were made now, Loli Deed would indeed be the target of innumerable amounts of lewd fanart.

Attached: [ReinForce] Lodoss-tou Senki - 02 (BDRip 1436x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv_20150923_190829.852.png (1436x1080, 2.56M)

Yeah, I was able to catch it on Sci Fi channel occasionally alongside Iria (FUCK YEAH) but wasn't ever able to catch the whole thing as often as I liked till a buddy of mind had some VHS tapes. Even as early as the early 2000s being an anime fan was not for the faint of heart.

Im too lazy to get up and double check, but I swear I remember the book mentioning that she was very "child like" in appearance, maybe it was just the translation, maybe it was a context thing, I'd have to get up and look.

Also I think anime in the 80s and 90s, at least the sci fi and fantasy stuff was really more "western inspired" so loli deed was probably a nosell anyways.

Attached: 30b768d0e7580b9475ce0a7b8a622f62.jpg (1600x1200, 982K)

>Im too lazy to get up and double check, but I swear I remember the book mentioning that she was very "child like" in appearance, maybe it was just the translation, maybe it was a context thing, I'd have to get up and look.
Yeah, Deedlit is constantly being mistaken for a child from a distance. It seems that up close she just looks petite.
It was Pirotess I don't remember the book describing.

Attached: [ReinForce] Lodoss-tou Senki - 06 (BDRip 1436x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv_20150924_154932.751.png (1436x1080, 2.38M)

I fail to understand why nothing else (except maybe vinland) has given me that feeling again in over 20 years.

>It was Pirotess I don't remember the book describing.

yeah, given how the default of dark elves everywhere is super slutty I'd hope they don't describe her the same way.

Attached: 31457dbdc878ed0fe32c103e21bc2e5c.png (851x1000, 674K)

Oh that's a shame, I find really amusing how different the characters descriptions in the book are from the design we are used to. I loved how in the book the characters go through various different outfits, specially Parn upgrading from his old and worn armor, to the a shiny new one.
Yeah, I remember people thinking Deed is a child al lot, specially funny when she meets Parn, but can't remember if Pirotess was even mentioned in the first book at all, that's why I got curious about her looks. I do recall that a couple of random dark elves were described as having coal-black skin though.

Attached: beg your pardon deedlit.jpg (1436x1080, 301K)

>I do recall that a couple of random dark elves were described as having coal-black skin though.
Yeah, the book is operating on D&D lore where Drow have that coal-black skin and white hair.
And speak with Australian accents because they come from a land down under.

Attached: 1291668339357.jpg (251x226, 10K)

I should probably sit down and reread it some time. Really wish someone would work on the others though. I occasionally check seven seas website to see if they plan on it and when I see how much isekai trash they put out and have coming out while the LoTR of anime goes unloved, it really kills me inside.

>Dat Slayn
I swear he's the best in every version of the series.

is there like an art book you can buy?

Im not gonna post the whole thing but have a link
e-hentai.org/g/74218/5e639d7c6d/

Attached: rlw001.jpg (1280x1671, 207K)

I really like this artwork.

Attached: rlw057.jpg (1280x1746, 402K)

>Spoiler
Can't unimagine now. Guess I'll have to read more about D&D Drows then.

Same here, I got so sad when Necromancy decided to drop the project after Seven Seas released the first book, because I liked his translation a lot and was really hopeful he would do the rest.
And yeah, Slayn is best Lodoss without any doubt.

Attached: straya cunt.png (1436x1080, 2.87M)

To comment on Mizuno's other work, has anyone read the Grancrest novels? Im really having a hard time forcing myself through the anime. All I can think about is giant chunks of SCENE MISSING.

Attached: Grancrest Senki - 04 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_07.15_[2019.06.12_17.39.17].jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Yeah, I couldn't make it through the anime because it felt like so much was just missing.

This OP is so beautiful, I'm glad you guys like it too

I actually liked Starship Operators though. Would be nice to see those books in English.

Seven Seas has a survey for suggestions. We should really make some noise there.

Attached: Starship Operators.jpg (1024x768, 901K)

>We should really make some noise there.
Gonna do it without any doubt

Grancrest is pretty garbage. Literally it's only memorable moment is memorable simply because of shock value. The novels fill in the blanks since the anime moves at light speed through the content but they are still very poor compared to Lodoss.

Attached: angry elf.gif (500x375, 1.68M)

Well Im not really expecting it to be Lodoss good, but I actually like this bitch and most of the cast have gotten fuck all for screen time in the anime.

Attached: Grancrest Senki - 02 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_15.12_[2019.06.12_04.14.28].jpg (1280x720, 106K)

IO SONO PRIGIONERA

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I think I just miss the sincerity of it all. It's not without levity but it's never eye rolling or too self aware that it starts sniffing it's own farts or acts embarrassed of the material it's working with. This is why I hate so much isekai crap.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 04 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [B4481C1E].mkv_snapshot_00. (1436x1080, 280K)

so accurate

youtube.com/watch?v=eNvsaE0oLnI
I became addicted to this one recently

Now that is some quality high fantasy music.

Indeed that another thing that makes me love Lodoss more than any other fantasy work, you can feel the love everyone had for Lodoss, and how they invested that love in their work, it really makes it feel magical.

>real Deedlit let Parn die in a boss encounter so she could have his loot
>pawned it off the next session anyway
>the party was TPK'd by a defecting Woodchuck who became a villain
>they were notoriously incompetent PCs

Never meet your heroes.

The character sheets are out there somewhere. Everyone had simply awful stats. Etoh had something like Constitution 5.

Sadly most of her appearances are in the later eps with worse animation and drawing quality.

Does the TV opening exist in good quality yet?

Back in like 2003, I first read about Lodoss in an fantasy literature/movies magazine.
They used a (fan?) color art of Deedlit in a tight scuba diving suit with the zip open all the way to her navel. Something like pic related (was this the eropullover meme of year 2000?)
Pretty sexy, I kept the name ROLW written down for years until I managed to get on the internet and get the zx rips.

>Lost the magazine years ago
>Never could find the pic on the internet though the redaction must have downloaded it
Awwww.
I guess none of you recall that drawing?

Attached: iczer_one_surfer_girl_by_ziemospendric.jpg (600x795, 164K)

>Elves are pure creatures, occasionally dressing freely but not overly sexual themselves and carry a certain amount of grace
>Anime elves now are just knife eared sluts for self-inserting 20-40 yr old otaku to jack off to or memed as massive orc loving sluts
How do we fix the Elf image

Attached: 1559601223390.gif (140x160, 366K)

Alright so how do I into Lodoss?
OVA, skip the TV?

OVA and TV after if you want more but are okay with the differences

Production order almost always makes most sense if you don't know specifics (since that is how our/their fathers watched it), Lodoss is no exception.

So OVA and then TV if I want to see a different adaptation of it.
Does the OVA have a different ending, then?

You make them act as pure creatures and do cool things while being graceful and chaste.

Attached: erufu2.png (275x389, 82K)

that kinda happaned to all women in anime I guess, but less extremely

>posting that wretched creature in a Lodoss thread
Please go away with that garbage.

now now, let's not be so elitist about goodXnew (the elf is probably better part of the show - I didn't watch it because of the yow edge)

Those awful stats were usual for early editions.

Thanks.

Attached: rlw023.jpg (1280x1737, 377K)

Wtf nigga shit be like an enya song.

Nah that's not it.
I like GS and the best part of it is the main character autism.
The girls are unironically the worst thing in there, and that shitty elf is definitely the front runner for worst girl.

She's a grotesque, stunted caricature of Deedlit.

It's a blast.
The OVA has super chintzy 1980s pieces for both OP and ED, which is epic too, in a different way.

What is it about ROLW that makes it so comfy? Why is anime today so much less comfy?

Two things really.
>Comfy Ost
>Nobuteru's Art
also just having an actual Fantasy setting instead of an Isekai is a huge plus.

Attached: file.png (564x440, 508K)

Pirotess a SHIT

Attached: (You).jpg (405x322, 30K)

>it's sincere, no pretentious meta-garbage
>faults are thus charming and endearing
>great art style and draing technique
>focus on characters and their relations
>overall quite immersive
>fairly 'vanilla', no over the top power creep n shit. It's actually fairly down to earth considering it's high fantasy

>She's a grotesque, stunted caricature of Deedlit.

>completely different skillset
>not lovey-dovey for the oblivious MC
>different kind of outfit
>different hair style
>different hair color
>different color palette
>different mindset
>different everything besides being an elf girl

Shiris is the thinking man's choice.

Attached: Shiris_(Yutaka_Izabuchi).jpg (844x1100, 410K)

Slayn the certified slayer

why did Legend of Crystania and its OVAs feel so unfocused and all over the place.
It's like they started off with an interesting setting for a Revenge story and then they completely forgot about it in favour of a long usurping arc with beast gods and animal people and mind control with Pirotesse and Ashram thrown in the mix for some reason and it's just so all over the place.
Also i didn't like any of the new characters except for discount Guts.

Attached: file.png (512x384, 142K)

They changed her skin to brown because apparently dark blue/black didn't look good in anime.

Attached: Drow.jpg (210x240, 20K)

I don't want to pick between her and Deedlit, they all have something.

I hated Crystania honestly, it was such a fucking hollow mess that felt so different. It did have a pretty cool concept for a setting though but it was like they were trying to make some half-baked disney movie.

what other anime are in the Lodoss extended universe?
Could've sworn there were like two others but i forget the name.

Rune Soldier

dark elves are better

Attached: 1544819151504.jpg (1420x2080, 1.16M)

Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. This series is a more faithful adaptation of volumes three to seven

Rune Soldier is an anime and manga series based on the original light novel series by Ryo Mizuno, which features soldier Louie as the hero. The series takes place on the continent of Alecrast on the world called Forcelia, and is related to the novel, anime, and manga series Sword World. It is a sibling series to Record of Lodoss War (which is also directed by Mizuno), taking place on a continent north of Lodoss Island.

simple, ova's are mostly amazing hate how people here seem to gravitate to mech shows so hard, but yeah this is where the good shit is at

posting the sheets, shitty resolution though

Yeah, it makes sense, pitch black skin would look pretty funny and blue would probably look too "alien".
Was reading about drows earlier, and they are shorter than the average human after all, so I guess we can assume Pirotess was imagine sized too.

Attached: lodosswar_character01.jpg (799x407, 83K)

Attached: lodosswar_character02.jpg (800x409, 90K)

She is more sexy and edgy and stuff, but the more I'm older, the more I'm able to appreciate bonafide vanillaness, which is Deedlit. Orthodox clasic light elf, played straight.

Hai erufu ftw

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 04 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [DA329B35].mkv_snapshot_09. (1436x1080, 2.95M)

The fuck is Deed's -2?
Initiative mod?

not the best, but it's an improvement
youtube.com/watch?v=R5UDIBbqVOk

AC I'd say

Yes

There aren't many others like it though

>Pirotess was imagine sized too.
Definitely applicable in the newer editions, but I don't know if it was applicable back in the days of AD&D.

Attached: DnD Relative Height Chart.png (1500x1001, 116K)

Blue skin wouldn't have been that bad. Like Shadows of Mystara had dark blue anime elves, and it looked fine there.

Attached: Mystara Drow.jpg (6071x8598, 2.25M)

Last 5 episodes of the OVA are different from the novels, hence the differences.

>elf, high
>shortest

Attached: Fair folke.jpg (724x733, 110K)

Gotta remember that Lodoss OVA targetted VHS players, so think how does the terrible color reproduction play into it.

it keeps switching randomly between male and female and it fucks with my mind.

It goes with whatever is the tallest gender. For drow, women are taller and physically stronger than men.

Attached: 1365959422991.jpg (979x641, 89K)

No, that Parn died in the first session and Deedlit looted his sword off his corpse.

hot

yeah, that kills relationships

>IO SONO PRIGIONI'ERA!
Me too.
Fucking love the shot of them riding in the sunset. Takes me way back.

Attached: 1554628549006.jpg (680x1008, 86K)

AC makes sense due to be the shield-shaped spot to write it, but Parn doesn't make sense to have 1 AC. 25 in the tetrahedron next to it makes sense. Same with Deed and Slayn having 10 for AC.

IO SONO PRIGIONIEEEERAAAAAAAA

because humanity sucks

Attached: Record_of_Lodoss_War_.webm (720x480, 2.55M)

What is Nobuteru Up to nowadays anyway.
is he dead?

Attached: file.png (1600x1200, 2.09M)

Funny thing is is that before getting cursed, Drow had dark brown skin.

Attached: koikatsu drow.png (837x879, 1.04M)

If you're bored, scan through Sankaku Channel and see if they have it.

dailymotion.com/video/x1s0t4
Seems purged from youtube.
Got the Sega CD version though:
youtube.com/watch?v=VnLPBwn3rdg

Attached: d.jpg (781x467, 153K)

That was Piro

Attached: 838f053512a343550d3e97097d03c124.jpg (573x824, 181K)

he goes where all the amazing character designers of the 90s go to.

Ok, I think I have a new fetish

I've looked for years and cannot for the life of me find a better quality version of that pic.
I'd give a dozen left nuts to get a good quality scan of that.

just in case you don't know: 2nd edition had AC that was better the lower it was, so her having lower AC thatn others would make sense, if she had high dexterity and some elven armor

of course I did (gelbooru tho) and I tried deviantart too, but that one has too much spam so couldn't check everything deedlit

Drow are supposed to be the most attractive elf subtype in D&D.

Attached: drow colors.png (573x824, 868K)

fuck yeah thank you.
Yeah, since it was ages before I could watch it, I considered the option it was Pirotess and not Deedlit. But I forgot to mention that.

Fixed.

Attached: 1563050171908.png (573x824, 868K)

I tried looking for these about a month ago and came up empty. Do you have a line on them?

Early DnD had THACO, which basically made it so you wanted less AC, not more. Yes, it was retarded.

It was the worst.

The trapezoid is HP

I liked it in EoB and BG games. Fuck 3E forever, do not want.

>so you wanted less AC, not more.
Not exactly, the way it worked was that armor and rings/magic was decreasing the number, so more armor class was reflected as lower number. You were fine as long as you knew that. You started at 10, got to 6 by maxed dexterity, 1, 0 or -1 was average AC, and then with really good equipment you cold get to like -7 or -10 (godly)

>THACO
*THAC0

Attached: Hmppffh!.jpg (870x1080, 159K)

i want her to tell me i'm worthless and that she could barely stand the sight of me despite willingly cowgirling me.

Attached: file.png (750x410, 174K)

D&D Inspiration, son

Attached: Warforged with Armblade.png (934x613, 1.48M)

>Not making her go full dere dere as you hold each other close and make tender love for the sake of procreation

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 10 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [E50476C5].mkv_snapshot_10.2 (956x720, 118K)

Taco

Attached: thac0.jpg (1200x800, 287K)

>gimped karla
what's the point.

Don't put your dick in crazy, user.

Attached: Record of Lodoss War - 08 [BD.720p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [5EA72C74].mkv_snapshot_22.01_[2017.12.24_01.30 (956x720, 100K)

Attached: cfc1e481fd5be34f1f29083364a692af.jpg (679x1000, 287K)

Just buy her black underwear.

why are there so many tentacle doujins of her.

What do you mean? She's a dark elf.

How's the Dreamcast game?

It's a pretty decent, diablo like game. If you like the series it's worth playing.

Because tentacle monsters are a thing which drow have to deal with in D&D.

Attached: Mindflayer vs Drow.png (815x740, 276K)

>dies for her man
superior woman & elf

Ashram an utter shit tho

parn is a fucking drone

Didn't let his elf die.
>one job

nah man he's the biggest chad out there

She lives in the TV series

>MUH BELD

Yeah but his autism and "I'll kill you if you get in the way bitch" crap that he thought was proper way of being a tsundere together with carelessly leading her to extreme danger for stupid reasons killed her in the OVA.

Attached: yande.re 68794 deedlit elf leaf_(character) neese pointy_ears record_of_lodoss_war spark.jpg (1631x2281, 1.08M)

Attached: 28151064_652459815099618_4870469811034914816_n.jpg (1013x1267, 138K)

What the fuck happened to her?

Attached: pirotess.jpg (2885x2149, 958K)

500 or so years

The hard modulation half step raise from E to to Fm at the second line I feel like is something Nobuo Uematsu does a lot.

I miss cels.

Attached: anime art.webm (320x320, 2.71M)

>playing a rolled character
>with no skunk rule
I actually hope you guys don't do this.

They kept forgetting she was a Dark Elf in some scenes.

If you think DC = Attacker_THAC0 - Enemy_AC is scary math I don't know what I can suggest to you besides crayon flavors.

The Japanese seem to have a very peculiar view on Pen and paper games

Well you know Japan is regarding dark skin.

this is even more labor intensive that stop motion

Really makes you look at modern digital animation in the negative light it deserves.

>Woodchuck
> Level 4
> 9 HP

Ah, those were the days.

Who shilled this anime to the ironic weeb crowd?

yikes

Don't be a bitch. 3D6, down the line, as rolled.

It's really depressing that it stopped being a thing, the deep colors and just the right amount of shade. I do however hope that perhaps in the future, someone is crazy enough to go back to creating a anime the 'analog' way and be successful

Attached: 1528734973212.gif (500x375, 371K)

Maybe it's just the way the industry is going but, and there are exceptions, it just seems like no one's really quite "mastered" CG animation on a TV budget yet. And it's certainly been long to where someone really ought to have.

They'd need a regular and vast amount of funding.
Would gladly cooperate tho

Attached: 1535087729805.jpg (294x229, 11K)

Even when I was like eight or nine and we still did 3d6 we'd reroll on 8 and lower.

Well you had an excuse, you were 8 or 9 at the time.

Attached: 1536844690107.jpg (500x500, 48K)

The wonderful days of having a dossier full of backup sheets and no one ever bothering with going beyond "lol I strike him with my sword!" in tabletop roleplay.

I cast magic missile

don't have access to my DVDs right now, so I had to look online.

some of the magic Dark Elves use include vines and tentacles.

alright, so are any of you faggots gonna link to the torrent so
i can watch this shit?

Im not your baby sitter, if you can't find Lodoss then there's no helping you.

nyaa.si/view/530535
nyaa.si/view/529711
Choose your resolution, spoonfeed-kun.

Attached: 102.jpg (1075x1517, 339K)

>nyaa.si/view/529711
thanks, youre a swell pal.

is a fucking faggot

Ah, right, THAC0 and all.
I keep trying to forget about THAC0

We all do my friend, we all do. Them were the dark ages.

>DVDs
I still have my Lodoss DVDs from 2002 or so.
This is what they look like.

Attached: E__video_ts_20140701_004438.713.png (640x480, 551K)

I still have VHS tapes. I recorded off TV.

And this is what the BD looks like.
Download the BD.
Or buy it. I did both.

Attached: [ReinForce] Lodoss-tou Senki - 05 (BDRip 1436x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv_20140406_115237.719.png (1436x1080, 3.06M)

that's escaflowne art, isn't it?

Probably the only thing to come close. The movie looks so good it makes up for the garbage story.

Attached: escaflowne-bd-22.png (1000x549, 886K)

I used to have this old bootleg version with bad subtitles that called Shiris "Shirts."

Attached: lodoss09.jpg (613x478, 47K)

This anime spoiled me, i have yet to experience this kind of camraderie and advendure in a roleplay. Everyone is a cynical who only look after themselves and the game master is masturbating over impossible odds.

>began running a Pathfinder game year and a half ago
>end up watching the OVAs as the campaign begins to ramp up
>told the other series was not worth watching
Do I go back to it? Or do I just find the novels somewhere?

I've been there. I feel really lucky that my current group is mostly older, I think the youngest of us is 29 and our DM has been doing this for over 30 years.
He still tries to kill us and has metal dice I swear are weighted to crit us constantly.
But at least we get some proper role playing in between rolls.

Attached: This is why you don't let the DM's girlfriend play.webm (957x720, 2.14M)

Only the first novel is translated. As for the other series just try it. Form your own opinion. Worst case you get some ideas for your campaign.

Go ahead and watch it. I didn't particularly like the series overall, but I'd still say give it a go and decide for yourself. If only because its god-tier OP.

To this day I use the nickname Parn in only games and some sites.
It's amazing how much this anime stayed with me and I really loved it as a kid.

Unfortunately when it comes to crystania I’m anime only, but I understand what you mean, it feels like they were setting up this great Pirotess/Ashram redemption arc and what we ended up with at the end of the OVA was a jumble of different ideas with no meaningful payoff for any of the characters or plotlines that were introduced.

It's also the analog line art as well, and the imperfections of it.

Compare this to this
Modern Digital stuff is finally catching on, and even some shittier low budget shows seem to be employing it. Since it makes it look less dead and 'cheap'. Though it appears to be a stylistic choice.

Attached: l3fm.jpg (1280x718, 167K)

I don't know if it was just me but looking at the concept artwork and the openings of the OVA and the TV series somehow promised it to be a better story than it turned out to be.

Nobuteru Yuuki with a skilled fantasy writer would be such a win, but he does slice of life or whatever in recent years.

He has a twitter but I don't really follow:
twitter.com/nobuteruyuuki?lang=en

Series is honestly sub-par animation-wise and rushed plot-wise, would recommend rather that you read the manga.

Attached: 1510689857085.png (587x587, 249K)

I like how pretty much every anime elf comes from Deedlit and Pirotess. I wonder what modern dark elves would look like if they'd managed to keep Pirotess's original drow colors.

Attached: 1534123772155.png (1439x1039, 1.68M)

So long as they have the big long floppy ears Im happy

Attached: Mrs. Popo.jpg (680x946, 162K)

In summary...
Parn is a rash and clumsy jock
Ghim is not only stronger than almost all dwarves, he is more handsome as well, with intellect on the low end of average.
Etoh is extremely persuasive and has catlike reflexes, while being made of glass. It's amazing he has survived childhood.

Deedlit is strong, smart and very quick, while fragile. She represents the elven nobility well, except for her personality.
Slayn is weak-willed and quick to act, but very approachable.
Woodchuck is an deeply unpleasant man whose muscles and health have ravaged away to nothing. His reflexes are great, as you'd expect for someone so close to death.

Attached: Lodossguys2.jpg (300x1000, 199K)

In the book I was a bit shocked to learn that Wood was so old. They mention he spent 20 years in jail.

>Compare this to this
one of the reasons I couldn't get into Grancrest no matter how much I wanted to

Interesting. He was perhaps more healthy and pleasant in his prime.

Grancrest, at least as far as the anime is concerned, just doesn't give enough time to actually gel with anything. They introduce this crazy spear chick as being kind of important and then she's off to the background almost immediately for like 8 episodes

If you apply the middle age penalties retroactively, you get STR8, CON6, INT11, WIS9. But that's AD&D.

The player or DM interpreted has stats as middle age
before there was even a rule for it- not bad at all.

Its got soul alright, but from what I recall rewatching it last year, it doesn't hold up. The pacing is godawful, Parn is a fucking idiot and most of the main cast has too few lines to really come to life.

What the hell do you mean the pacing is awful. Something happens every episode and there's zero wasted time.

I prefer it over Berserk, but objectively it's probably not actually a better story. It is prefect if you are into old school tabletop rpgs and fantasy novels.

Attached: D9IqZmgWsAAA6wT.jpg (1440x1080, 148K)

Attached: D9IrzhBXUAARXGp.jpg (1440x1080, 143K)

Absolutely not. They somehow managed to get literally everything wrong you could get wrong in an anime (except the famous OP).

Attached: THIS.png (392x200, 40K)

Elves gay big tittie halfling good

>I want to be part of the thread but don't have anything to say

previous user said it all, and image asserts in agreement, what else do you need?

Is there a Bluray release? I cannot seem to find it for the life of me, it's all sub-HD stuff

The OVA wasn't even canon, the TV show follows the novel and pnp.

Read the thread. OVA - Yes, TV - No.

Well that fucking sucks. This is like th sixth time this year a 90s show I was interested in didn't get one, god damn I wish I'd not thrown out my CRT and had some way to watch these on a screen they might look nicer on.

Reminder Parn literally did nothing of note other than roll a 20 against Shooting Star. He jobs to S1 boss, he jobs to S2 boss. He gets bailed out by an NPC, and then he gets bailed out by a lowbie newfag.

And yet he still gains the most recognition in Lodoss at the end of it all. Not King Kashue who honestly probably could have soloed the whole thing had he not been an NPC, not Spark who is the real hero that took down Kardis despite having started joining in far later at a much lower level. All Parn did was job.

Is there any anime hero who is as pathetic as Parn? And don't mention Deedlit, she was played by a man who thought it would be funny to hit on Parn, just imagine how fucking awkward it must have been considering it was a real PnP session and not across the internet.

Would have made a better anime desu.

If someone already said it then you don't have to say anything. This isn't twitter. You don't need to LIKE shit.

Attached: hownewru.jpg (631x481, 41K)

You didn't post good stuff. "THIS" is not good stuff. You posted shit. So you got insulted.

Attached: 1489983672621.jpg (863x925, 43K)

I dislike you greatly.

Sony purged almost all of it from youtube ages ago. Have a survivor:
youtube.com/watch?v=pGHhBlgOWV4

It's not the fault of digital, it's the fault of art direction, and art direction only. You can recreate the """analog""" look very easily with correct digital tools and an actual fucking art direction that isn't "lol just slap all the bright saturated colors you can on this shit".

Man I really distinctly remember being around 13 the first time I watched the ova and then Yea Forums warned me the tv series was shit, but I fired up first episode and heard that OP and was so fucking convinced they were going to be wrong.
Woops.

Attached: lodoss.webm (718x540, 1.84M)

At least you fucking tried. Im sick off all these other tossers who basically just refuse to try shit.

I have no regrets for watching the TV. More Orson is always a good thing.

Spark somehow managed to be more boring than Parn, though.

This ease the pain of my soul m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-zihBIsTFE

Maaya is so great.

>I have no regrets for watching the TV. More Orson is always a good thing
Strange, I found TV worse than the OVA and while I don't remember much of what I didn't like but I sure do remember hating how he got treated in the TV. He went from being able to kill one of the great dragons and surviving the finale to dying to a small bunch of assassins/mercenary cutthroats not too long in the story.

Then why is nobody doing it?Colective retardation?

Because they probably get fuck all for time and budget. The way these shows are shat out so fast it's no wonder they're shit.

My, this same subject is being discussed in the shoujo thread. Will Yea Forums ever acknowledge the decay in anime?

Deedo is sleeping. Don't wake her.

Attached: lodoss-deedo2..jpg (1461x570, 130K)

I think the biggest problem is that no one is actually ever being taught to animate shit. There was one episode of Shirobako I think covered this well. They needed some horse drawings but no one on staff could draw animals for shit except the old guy and for some inane Japanese reason they didn't want to let him actually do shit.

>spoiler
That's due to the fact that that's what happened in the game (I think).

Did Parn actually tap that in the manga, I swear I remember a panel where they kissed

I thought I heard they had a kid or two somewhere but it was second hand so I can't really confirm

Prone bone

If he didn't I wouldn't mind doing it for him

Attached: 1523414161483.png (2960x1080, 1.98M)

>lodoss thread going on it's third day

I expect it will die soon, but you niggas are good peeps.

Attached: deed check em.jpg (956x720, 113K)

Oh nice, I don't have to stitch that afterall

Looks like somebody made the same picture I did ( )
Except it looks a lot better, is this from the Blue Ray? Maybe I should check them out, but I love my DVD box.

It's probably OCR spellcheck at work, not bootleg subs. Iznjie Biznjie has that despite using R1 subs. The video is best though so I recommend the rip. At least you will laugh a bit.

Are any of the manga recommended?

Man this thread is making me want to dig out my old DVDs from my closer and give this series a 4th or 5th watch.

Yeah, I didn't make the stitch but is from the BD. You should check them, totally worth for the quality.

>190579262
Check the higher res screenshots and webms in this thread, those are from the BD. They look great.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 04 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [DA329B35].mkv_snapshot_09. (1436x1080, 3.15M)

Orson was one of my favs too, i liked how they handled berserkers as possessed rather than Hulk with an on and off switch.

Did Orson have the same fate in them?

What do you lads think, is the de-noised JPSDR version of the BD rips better than Iznjie's?

>de-noised
Didn't check but this is a red light. The BDs don't have strong grain so denoising it is dumb, you will only get unnatural plastic/oilpaint look.
Scenes like this look bad when smoothed by denoising.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 01 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [BF12DFD5].mkv_snapshot_14. (1436x1080, 3.54M)

Never watched this, but heard the OVA is good. Should I just watch it?

OVA is good, tv series is notably less good. Watch the OVA and if you like it then watch the tv series.

I loathe DNR on principle and especially on something that doesn't need it at all.
Lodoss was shot on 35mm film, which means much smaller, less prominent grain. As opposed to something shot on 16mm, like the first 4 episodes of Gunbuster(seen here) or most pre-digital TV series.
[Iznjie Biznjie] release is fine. I have the [ReinForce] one, which is slightly better, but just a raw, so you'd have to slap in your own subs. Just don't fall for that LIVE EVIL scam. Fuckers begged for money to make their rip, it showed up a year late and was compressed to all hell.

Attached: sumissu kissu.jpg (1432x1080, 219K)

Just an example, here's what LIVE EVIL put out

Attached: [Live-eviL] Record of Lodoss War OVA 01 [DEED1001] (1080p).mkv_snapshot_16.13.jpg (1440x1080, 120K)

ReinForce

Attached: [ReinForce] Lodoss-tou Senki - 01 (BDRip 1436x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv_20160614_045733.221.png (1436x1080, 2.98M)

And Iznjie

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 01 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [BF12DFD5].mkv_20190714_081 (1436x1080, 3.65M)

The OVA is great but the TV show is a bit of a drag.

It's amazing that 30 years later Deedlit is still so beloved. Didn't even realize she still had so many fans on here.

Attached: lodoss.jpg (700x1024, 277K)

Much like you never quite forget your first crush, you never quite forget your first top tier elf waifu.

Attached: 1518823229798.jpg (956x720, 170K)

But Piro still > Deedo

Attached: 9ef46cdef084b096b2f9cce047b59076.jpg (2000x2731, 1.85M)

Deedo is for the first crushing and pining over a cartoon.

Piro is for the first confused and guilty fap to a cartoon.

fat

I won't let this post be the last of this thread.

Actually, when she inflates her cheeks, her fat precentage per unit of volume should lower significantly.

Comfy Lodoss thread.

Deedlit is best elf.

Attached: d9c99a7d4e592d1f1ad64f1dd9b70b89.jpg (2435x3500, 1.81M)

gonna buy this one

Attached: lodoss2.webm (1436x1080, 2.67M)

>reintroducing two returning characters as total strangers and changed the way a certain villain was killed in the original series.

Chronicles of the Heroic Knight adapts the original novel when the OVAS ends up full orinal anime ending, that's why that happened.

yep, the sincerity behind it is so charming / soulful. No (obvious) meta stuff behind it, which helps make it quite immersive.

Even though the video upload is of atrocious quality I would bet my pants that the OP was directed or at least sakkan'd (most likely both + some genga as well) by Nakazawa Kazuto.

Yeah, today you would either have edge, trying to be different for sake of being different but usually just ending up with already existing cliches, or with generic current fads like ecchi, isekai, slave girls and such crap.

Attached: lodoss3.webm (640x481, 2.63M)

Do you have that lovely Deed spin scene in webm at hand and if yes, could you post it, please? It's honestly one of the scenes that bring smile to my face and warmth to my heart every time it appears in a thread yet I never saved it for I am stupid.

It's just a knife-eared slut being a coy cocktease, lel.

Attached: Deedlit.webm (957x720, 2.21M)

dum elf

Attached: lodoss4.webm (480x360, 2.2M)

Mighty Ódin bless your life, user, thank you.

So a level 20 wizard, dwarf warrior, elf druid and a level 10 thieve and priest go adventuring and the leader is a level 1 noob.

>Lodoss thread still alive

There is hope yet in this shithole

Dont you dare bully Deedlit

60% due to Yoko Kanno.

Why does Pirotess fall for that short-lived cold fish Ashram when there are all those sexy and competent Dark Elf men around?

Attached: Dark Elves.png (400x301, 147K)

To be honest is easy to fall in love with her
youtube.com/watch?v=dxEDNpPXgGQ

Attached: 1506378192230.png (1920x1080, 2.4M)

Did Seven Seas announce anything regarding bringing over the rest of the novels? Feels pretty dickish to only release the first volume where Im sure a lot of people in the west are interested in the rest of the story.

Also, did anyone play the MMO? How was it?

>Dark Elf men
>sexy
Also, they all looked the same for some reason.

Deedlit is a druid? Hmm, not quite what I expected. I guess the ADD class doesn't fit the usual idea of elf well, despite the naturalist thing.

I just came here to say that you can have a long, successful and good thread about classic anime without forcing that shitty pre-2000 general.
I hope the guys behind that thread kill themselves.

Now I take my leave

Deed feels more like a Ranger, not sure where that guy is getting Druid from.

Elf men have notoriously small penises

So what are your fav episodes?

Attached: Deedlit.full.1542458.jpg (1038x1393, 314K)

guys what's pic related from.
it's by Nob.

Attached: file.png (1536x2048, 3.83M)

the episode where deed plays whatever instrument this was.

Attached: file.png (609x478, 636K)

I really liked the first episode dungeon crawl. As well as all the stuff with Shooting Star

I joke but there are most likely good looking Dark Elf men around, they just don't appear in the anime.

Even if they are half as long as their noses, that's long enough.

Attached: yande_re record_of_lodoss_war Dark Elves.jpg (1590x2267, 1.01M)

So how come older anime always had warmer colours, Nowadays colours seem brighter and rougher and don't mesh very well with each other.
it's my biggest gripe with most modern anime, it's not like the same pallettes can't be recreated digitally so i don't blame the transition to digital for this.

Attached: file.png (454x551, 456K)

Dude reminds me of Duran from Trials of Mana.

Deedlit is an Elf. The kind that progresses as a fighter while getting mage spells she can cast in armor.

Attached: MCE Unspeakeable.png (600x600, 422K)

found the tweet.
anyone can translate?twitter.com/nobuteruyuuki/status/870657205627871233

Which stats are which? They aren't in the Str, dex, con, int, wis, cha order, are they?

I wonder if it is caused by the use of global brightness/contrast adjustments for various things, meaning you shouldn't use full-saturation colors as a basis.

>The elf first appeared as a player character class in the original 1974 edition of Dungeons & Dragons.

Oh, I keep forgetting this. I only ever played 2nd ed (which is The ADD for me).

kino and comfy

Str Int Wis Dex Con Cha. Followed by AC and HP.

Because that's how it was, back then.

Old school D&D used a different order: STR INT WIS DEX CON CHA

Shooting Star was metal as fuck

Danke

>So how come older anime always had warmer colours
Combination of physical paint, celluloid and the light coming off a camera.

The ones in circles are saving throws, right (forgot about those lol)

which episode nr?

9 and 10

I don't remember. The one where they hunt Shooting Star and they go into a volcano and Shooting Star is like "I'm a fucking metallica cover"

Yeah. Death Paralysis Magic Wands Dragon Breath and Spells

if you rolled low, very bad things happened, usually instantly.

I love the English ED

youtube.com/watch?v=1s961qg6vYk

Like said is Duran from Trials of Mana. Tweet is Nob congratulating the creators for Seiken Densetsu Collection's release, and telling he will play it as soon as he gets a switch.

>dwarf with 9 dex
>throws a heavy axe that is not meant to be thrown and hits from a distance
>dex: 8-9 (–1): Somewhat slow, occasionally trips over own feet
>dex: 12-13 (1): Able to often hit large targets
Broke my immersion.

Fuck, I recognise this. I must have heard it in the old days when I didn't just skip even checking out dubs. Covered songs are probably the only valid reasons for that.
Tank Police, feel the power that we got

>first episode dungeon crawl
I don't remember the first episode having a dungeon crawl. Are you perhaps thinking of the 6th episode?

And Shooting Star is just awesome.

Attached: 2uxuw55.png (960x720, 846K)

His Dex is 11.

AHEM.
youtube.com/watch?v=zN_CqegdH-I

First episode is a random dungeon crawl, some sort of a pilot episode I guess.
Story starts on episode 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=5g3foyY37lY

Even if that were true, he is rolling with disadvantage and no modifiers on an enemy with high saving throws.

these webms are of the dungeon crawler in episode 1

No I mean the first episode. Where it's in medias res and they have to cut through the mines of NOT-Moriah.

youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ

In some releases, the "first" episode was put in the first place because it has a dungeon craw with a dragon fight, so instant action.
It's the 6th episode though and should be watched between episode 5 and 6.

You must be getting the OVA series and TV series mixed up

No it's the first episode. It was always the first episode. Even the book opens with it as the first thing they do.

Attached: Lodoss-tou Senki - Record of Lodoss War - 01 [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [BF12DFD5].mkv_snapshot_05. (1436x1080, 281K)

Well, you learn something new everyday

thank you guys

You don't learn anything because he's talking out his ass. The episode it literally titles "PROLOGUE to the legend."

No, I'm talking about the OVA and it just makes sense that way.

>Ep 1: Going through a dungeon on their way to that old guy that knows about Karla.
>Ep 2: The group meets for the first time.
>...
>Ep 5: They get the quest to seek the old guy that knows about Karla.
>Ep 6: They come back from the old guy to report what they found out.
That's just confusing and stupid.

>I can't understand in medias res
If you're confused it's because you're stupid.

That method of storytelling happens all the time. First part is a small portion of the future (also an attention getter), then tell the story of how they get to that point and end with the conclusion. Its actually quite ordinary.

Nonetheless I watch the first episode between 5 and 6 every time I rewatch it. Even put a small sticker in the DVD box to remember that.

I just prefer a cohesive story to unnecessarily splitting it up.

>That's just confusing and stupid.
Welcome to the world where retrospective composition exist.

Well congratulations, you're an idiot. I'd hate to see how you do in history class.

Name one advantage of watching an episode from the middle of a 13 episode series first.
Just because you can't get it off without a dragon shoved into your face right from the start, doesn't mean that's a better experience.

I won't lie. The way the OVAs felt like a 1:1 retelling of a tabletop session sans the rolls and whatnots didn't do much for me. It's like they decided just animating stuff that the characters were doing without filling in the narrative holes that inevitably occur in a game where people are only putting a token effort into making a collaborative story since they're there to have fun and act + react to one another's antics would be enough. It always felt janky and I didn't quite like how a lot of it became the narrator talking over stills and backgrounds and regular shots of things happening across the world every episode.

>Name one advantage of watching an episode from the middle of a 13 episode series first.

It introduces you to the setting and characters faster

It sets up a high stakes adventure early on

It creates intrigue as to how everyone came to be who they are and what's really going on

>gets you interested in the characters involved
>gets you excited to see how the characters get up to that point
>easily see the differences in character development and get excited to see what happens to cause that
Those are just the easy to see merits.

Now watch Rune Soldier

I guess some people want to start with a proper introduction of the characters and get to know the world and setting bit by bit, while other just want to be dumped right into the action immediately.

>How can one anime ooze so much soul?
By having elves actually competent and a story actually good.
Kuroinu was a disgrace and it deserves the third nuke.

And some people are idiots who get confused by sequence breaking.

How does competent elves give a story soul?

Kuroinu is also meant exclusively to help people wank.

By not being human
>Kuroinu is also meant exclusively to help people wank.
And that's why I hate it.

Yeah, the way you get angry and insulted me several times, just because I think their way of non-linear story telling is unnecessary and doesn't flow at all, really makes me look stupid.

>By not being human
Explain?

>pic
>fall-of-the-aeldari.jpg

Attached: srself2.jpg (214x429, 78K)

There's been a few anons who keep saying that it's better than the anime

I too tried in vain to find them on youtube. Cherish the art and music you have and save them, before they're gone for good.
ufile.io/4k7ywmtd

Attached: Pirotess and all the girls.jpg (1056x1420, 327K)

Maybe try some of the manga series
I find them pretty good

Mmm, yes.

Attached: YES kaboom.jpg (3466x2776, 1.86M)

I remember learning the fine line between those two ideas from reading Tolkien.

BASED

From that user's description, he would hate any and all media that includes time traveling.

ED was already posted have this too.
ufile.io/9qfenuf2

Keeping the art and music alive of old anime is like an oral tradition now, if it doesn't get shared, eventually it will disappear forever. Keep sharing it forever.

Attached: Pirotess Glorious Legs.jpg (1024x713, 159K)

Based user

I think they just rolled down the stats from the top like old school D&D.

Dunno, it's the same with manga. The moment they went digital all soul and character was gone from the art.

Kill yourself.

>It is said, when a perserker passes, only corpses remain

Attached: Orson & Shiris.jpg (956x720, 67K)

I just did a search for it, yeah, I can't find it anywhere. Probably have to search for it in Japanese.

>escaflowne
Isekai

>your image: dragons before
>my image: dragons now
Where did we go wrong?

Attached: dragons now.jpg (720x1017, 143K)

To be fair, they hardly had much animation to them, so you could make the Mona Lisa of Dragons, but good luck animating it.

Attached: Glorious Hand Drawn Dragons.jpg (804x623, 261K)

Well you didn't watch that for "dragons" in that sense. The thiccloli's antics and moe were great.

I want this as wallpaper. Have some Piro-titties as tribute.

Attached: Pirotess5.jpg (763x1080, 144K)

The audience became addicted to masturbating to drawn pictures of little girls and dictated content by their purchase choices.

One of the few decent ones

Damn, people must have shit themselves seeing this in a video game in 1994.

I think you missed the point. One dragon is all powerful and feared by all and basically oozes killing intent. The other dragon is cute, funny, looks like a human with few abnormalities and wants to get along with everyone. Even her dragon form is cute and people want her as a pet.

Thats the difference I was making.

I'm sure Drow even had a "cat-of-nine tails" that were just tentacles, used to torture/pleasure? their slaves.

Attached: pirotess9.jpg (600x847, 454K)

We need to sell mass quantities of cocaine to the elite, and only then shall we have the funds for our old fashioned animu.

Attached: Merchant.jpg (508x943, 118K)

I know, the OLD isekai were GOAT, but todays Isekai are shitty and derivative.

Attached: feste time.gif (258x330, 2.48M)

Threads like this convince me of trying new anime.

I remember staying up all night to watch Lodoss and NGE during some anime nights a tv station here had from time to time. Had to sit through a million telephone sex commercials. Had to watch it in the living room because it was the only tv we had and with the sound all the way down so my parents wouldn't wake up. Was sitting right in front of the screen to hear, barely awake trying to read subtitles until like 6am, sometimes nodding off. My mother was always furious when she found me. Kids these days have it so easy.

>Lodoss game with DD gameplay and a proper DMC style lock-on system never ever

Attached: 1536787655746.jpg (554x554, 34K)

>blocked

Attached: 1405277631091.jpg (956x720, 86K)

>GET OUT OF THE WAY FAGGOT!
>I WANT TO SEE MY ELF WAIFU

They both would have died had the Dragon just breathed its fire. Ergo, the only explanation is my greentext.

Attached: 1402113587613.png (938x715, 940K)

So, thoughts on this?

Attached: DaqhINcVMAIB4YT.jpg (422x558, 81K)

This was a really great thread lads, hope to see another one soon enough

Attached: RoL water dragon.jpg (1280x1738, 313K)

At leas the axe throw hit him in the stomach, if he would had been decapitated, I would had wonder how a manlet threw an axe that high with that angle.

Is that the new Deedlit novel (or what it was)?

Yes

pretty good but it's no Nob

Attached: file.png (400x308, 245K)

What D&D spell is he casting?

Attached: wizardry.jpg (955x960, 76K)

Hopefully someone is willing to translate it once it releases.

Attached: tenor.gif (400x292, 3.31M)

DESU if I suddenly had vast amounts of cash, like winning powerball or some shit like that I'd burn it in that venture in a heartbeat.
Really, I have no problem with isekai, even if it's a generic fantasy setting, my problem with it is when the world's physics themselves are ruled by vidya RPG mechanics and when the MC can avoid/cheat death.
Harsh times were the best times depending on who you ask and look at it.
>DD
>DMC
>Not a online action dungeon crawl (or side scroller) where you can even be separated from your group along the game's route and meet up (probably a timer so others don't wait for you long times)
I am sorry user

Attached: 1455521570133.png (501x919, 336K)

Come on now.

Attached: 040.jpg (593x799, 106K)

First episode was a masterpiece.

Attached: delicious brown elf girls2.gif (360x239, 257K)

I think this was addressed in the Deedlit manga

My point is, they don't bother doing traditional dragon's anymore, because it's an immense effort to get them to look glorious, and not some CGI abomination, with that despair, some turn to degenerate routes and turn them into moeblobs.

Aww no Gandalf, don't use appleshit please

Attached: 1558020137450.png (245x250, 68K)

Level 6 Flesh to Stone spell. The barrier was an already active buff spell he did before the fight.

This is why he was the grey

Why do you think I play Dragon's Dogma?

Attached: Dragon's Dogma_ Dark Arisen Screenshot_140.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

wait this released already? any translations?

Attached: Pirotess titty pan.gif (256x191, 812K)

I always thought he was just dispelling the magic animating the gargyoles.

what should someone watch/read after finishing the OVA and tv series.

Rune Soldier Louie, Escaflowne, 12 Kingdoms, etc...

Attached: 032.jpg (984x1224, 791K)

Goddammit Volt, he sees all females worst than dirt.

source? (crop so can't search)

A Lodoss thread that's going to hit the bump limit in 2019? Now that's surprising. This series just brings me so much nostalgia. Time to watch the OVAs again.

Attached: 467254.jpg (2234x1690, 1.21M)

The only things I remember from the show are the OP, the omake shorts and that one guy going berserk, killing everyone before dying.

no i meant in the Lodoss universe, but i hear Rune Solider Louie fits that bill

Dispel only removes the last spell cast and only works on pure magic phenomena. Gargoyles are magic creatures, but they are inherently living creatures. Gargoyle's stone form is a dispellable magic effect, but its life is not.

Legend of Crystania, and supposedly Grancrest, but it's on another continent.

I think that's a bit of a stretch since they're two different genres to begin with, now, if you use actual modern animated dragons for reference, like the ones in GATE or other current fantasy anime then yes, basically the problem is that current animation "cuts" too many corners with CG imagery and the end result is dogshit quality.
Dogma needed a few better stories and missions rather than fetch quests and it would've been a 10/10.
The manga and or pic related.
Don't hold your hopes up, Louie is more wacky adventures rather than Lodoss' dungeon crawl/quest-like theme.

Attached: tg_anime.jpg (1700x3499, 2.24M)

And then it became naught but scarce glimmers of brilliance amidst a sea of mediocrity and evermore niche fetishism.

alright thanks, guess i'll go with Grancrest. hope it's not shit

exhentai.org/g/864123/3a757638ec/

Thanks for the comfy thread guys. It kinda went slow at first. I went to bed and forgot about it. Then to my suprise I saw something like 100+ replies the next morning.

Attached: be44794eacf52d0194160c3c64ebaab8.jpg (1066x805, 38K)

Speaking of Lodoss, did anyone here pick the this version of the book up? Is it good? The cover alone looks real neat.

Attached: 81n-Irkju4L.jpg (1500x2217, 393K)

nyaa.si/view/1103348

From my experience doesn't get frequent threads but when it does they usually hit the bump limit

Damn I adore Gokudo. I'd put it almost as high as Slayers. Some of its humour is even more radical.

where do i pick up on the manga?
i hear there's alot of iterations and parallel stuff

Thanks, hopefully a nice addition to my knifears porn collection.

Bless you

Have this Deedo cell you faggot.

Attached: 1519945916011.jpg (1117x828, 134K)

I wish there were more Flieger doujins available. Quite like his elves.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Only covers the first half of the OVAs, through Beld and Fahn killing each other and them finding and dealing with Karla.

Gokudo was a grand old time. By the end it's not, "wait, but what if one of them is transformed?" but rather, "okay which one of these arc-introduced characters is secretly someone we already know about in disguise?"

Although I have to warn everyone away from Orphen at all costs. The entire premise was based around a misunderstanding, and if you could sit the main protagonist/antagonist down for five minutes and explain what happened, the whole story would be over. And it has the two halfling characters whose entire job was to start shit every episode and then flee to Orphen for help.

Attached: 1557942258538.jpg (2500x2937, 1.94M)

Why was Grancrest so shit in comparison? Did Mizuno just lose his touch? The only thing I remember from that series is the virginity scene and it seems like that was just thrown in for sheer shock value.

The Grey Witch goes first.
The Demon of Flame goes after that.
Deedlit Monogatari is like an inter story between The Grey Witch and Heroic Knight.
Chronicles of the Heroic Knight is the last story chronologically.
The Lady of Pharis is a gaiden story and the first one chronologically, it's basically the quest of Beld and Fahn's team and explores how their friendship and rivalry came to be.
Also, after loking, apparently there's a new adaptation of The Grey Witch coming out currently, gonna have to check in on that.

Attached: 1488567500215.png (368x285, 40K)

Without getting translations for the LNs for Lodoss War (after volume 1), Rune Soldier, and Grancrest War, it's hard to tell if it's bad writing or bad adaptation.

Attached: 1557950844018.gif (200x229, 797K)

Not exactly a fan of the art tho.

Attached: v1.png (866x1228, 1.5M)

God bless you.

Attached: file.png (842x632, 892K)

>Also, after loking, apparently there's a new adaptation of The Grey Witch coming out currently, gonna have to check in on that.
Wait, source?

Attached: 1549951897115.gif (267x200, 1.59M)

>Parn isn't a delicious brown
hard pass

Dungeon Meshi, the new hope for fantasy anime DESPITE having meta and rpg elements?

He tried to be a bit too edgy with that one. It's like he came across Game of Thrones and said "I can do that too".

The LNs fill in A LOT of shit that the anime flew past through, but it's still not very well written. Even in the LN where she's more fleshed, the princess is one of the most retarded fictional characters I've ever seen. The fact that she gets a happily ever after ending after all she did is pretty hilarious.

Meh.
It will be at least six years before it releases, if it releases at all.

*Manga adaptation, just to be clear
mangadex.org/title/30467/lodoss-tousenki-haiiro-no-majo
Hush you, it's perfect, it doesn't use stats, there are no cheats or menu windows and explains the rules and laws of magic in a comprehensive way.
It is a precious child in these dark times.

Attached: 1476479998248.jpg (717x562, 97K)

>the princess is one of the most retarded fictional characters I've ever seen.
Wait, what did she do?
Is this Fahn's daughter btw?

Yeah art is definitely on the miss side of the spectrum

I'm talking about Marrine from Grancrest Senki. It has zero relation to Lodoss.

>Hush you, it's perfect, it doesn't use stats, there are no cheats or menu windows and explains the rules and laws of magic in a comprehensive way.
Exactly, but I mean, it's possible it might even be able to pull that one.
I think the reason it works so well is that it is just done so well/the author is so good. So if it was in the comedy mode, it might even support some crap like that but I hope the author knows it is not needed much less beneficial.

Attached: img000010.jpg (1045x540, 233K)

Oh.

Also, I think if anything, it'd be one of those high lethality games where rather than raising stats, you raise weapon proficiency, and for magic, you need attunement and/or concentration

I will remember this thread.

Attached: file.png (400x310, 272K)

Are the BluRays worth it?

Attached: goodbye.jpg (956x720, 132K)

Yes

I hope we get DD 2 since they finished DMC 5.
It' probably the best combat system in a rpg I've ever experienced, climbing shit was so much fun.

Attached: 1519243827899.png (600x496, 306K)

We had a good run, boys. See you in a week or two.

See you until next time anons, this was a nice thread.