IT'S HAPPENING

Huge manga site (mangamaru) was taken down
Here's a TLDR

>Fukuoka prefectural police and other agencies arrested a 26-year-old man and 24-year-old woman on Wednesday in relation to the ongoing criminal investigation regarding the Japanese manga piracy website Mangamura.
>The two Tokyo residents allegedly illegally uploaded Chapter 866 of Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga onto the website around May 29, 2017. They reportedly admitted to the charges of violating Japan's copyright laws. Police are investigating whether they uploaded additional works without authorization.
>The Japanese government's request asked the providers to voluntarily block access, but the government plans to create new legislation in 2019 to expand the scope of site-blocking.
>According to Japan's Content Overseas Distribution Association (CODA), between September 2017 and February 2018, users accessed Mangamura about 620 million times. The association estimated that this caused 319.2 billion yen (about US$2.92 billion) worth of damage to copyright holders in Japan during that time.

WATCH MANGADEX, YOU'RE NEXT

Attached: 3df4c2366c78e9473131fef908d544ca246e20cf.jpg (400x271, 22K)

>it's happening
More like it happened long ago, you fag.

I missed mangamafia shitposts.

What anime & manga is this?

>Huge manga site (mangamaru) was taken down
This was like half a year ago, what the fuck is wrong with you?

>half a year ago
I thought that was in 2017.

he meant 2/1 not 1/2

Attached: 3.png (169x276, 32K)

I still remember when moebook was kill. What a sad day.

G-guys, Onemanga just disappeared. What do I do now.

>users accessed Mangamura about 620 million times. The association estimated that this caused 319.2 billion yen (about US$2.92 billion) worth of damage to copyright holders in Japan during that time
lmao

Fuck, Mangafox is down. I REPEAT, MANGAFOX IS DOWN

This guy was so cocky, thinking he won't get caught by staying overseas, that he even named one of his dozen pirate sites after his real name

Attached: 2019-07-09_13h42_24.png (667x373, 165K)

Imagine going to jail over one piece.

>The association estimated that this caused 319.2 billion yen (about US$2.92 billion) worth of damage to copyright holders
When will these corporate old fart learn that getting something for free doesn't mean we would pay for it in the first place.

Who the FUCK would ever invest in manga companies when they have this amount of monetary damage with just one pirate website?!
Are shareholders utterly retarded!??!

Attached: moshi mosh.jpg (424x200, 41K)

Well I mean he is pirating a pirate anime, thus making him a pirate ...

Welcome to Japan, where inflation is so high that millions are considered just 1k

C A P I T A L I S M

I don't think thieves would pay for the things they steal in the first place, so what's your point

Why would people pirate manga in japan? You can buy used hard copies for pennies or read for free in libraries/book stores.

>stealing
Literally making a copy of zeros and ones. Are you dumb or idiot? I guess you call taxes "contribution".

You mean deflation, right?

Piracy is a service problem. Some people pirate because it's the only convenient/cheap way to get things.

Not actually sure, but I do know when there is inflation there the cost of money rises like the werman republic mark

Madokami still winning

Batoto just died

Barely any danke upload anymore

YOU FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT I HAD FINALLY TRAVELED BACK IN TIME OR GOT ISEKAI'D TO AT LEAST AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION, LEGITIMATELY GOT MY HOPES UP AHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1533866749473.png (603x648, 451K)

When will pirates learn that it's not about whether you would pay or not, it about you having free access to things you are not suppose to

>Huge manga site (literally who?) was taken down

Attached: 1476588474555.jpg (372x407, 31K)

I know you torrent anime user, don't try to be an angel

The point is that people are supposed to spend money to have access to that content, in this manner, having access without paying is the same as stealing.

Fuck. All the memories.

When are the big site like kissanime ever gonna get shutdown. I hate their website and their ads. They are constantly greedy, screw them

Attached: second_purge.gif (440x300, 793K)

Um is it wrong to say that VIZ media might be a good option? It's not even that much at all

I forgot to add doesn't even cost that much at all, plenty of suggestions to choose from.

they don't have old anime's

>seeing ads ever
?

>Huge

Attached: 1560538073900.jpg (720x775, 48K)

I was literally just thinking that same exact sentence

I was actually talking about manga, also what are you talking about they have plenty of older titles.

Viz is garbage and licenses jack shit that I want to read.

>japan
>copyright laws
>they literally rip off everything just like china
oh the irony

Attached: 35.png (300x300, 96K)

>The association estimated that this caused 319.2 billion yen (about US$2.92 billion) worth of damage to copyright holders in Japan
>$2.92
Holy fucking shit, are they really this retarded?

Your Mom

>According to Japan's Content Overseas Distribution Association (CODA), between September 2017 and February 2018, users accessed Mangamura about 620 million times. The association estimated that this caused 319.2 billion yen (about US$2.92 billion) worth of damage to copyright holders in Japan during that time.
Every single time.

Attached: 1561598337273.jpg (1143x647, 299K)

you can't prove it's not that amount

Copyright holders neither.

Can you prove it is? Retard.

Why would I post it if I could not prove it? do you think i'm stupid that stupid?

Have you seen a shounen jump magazine in real life? Shit is like a fucking brick.
Now imagining having to buy multiple magazine EVERY week just to keep track of one or two series you follow on that specific magazine.

>users accessed Mangamura about 620 million times. The association estimated that this caused 319.2 billion yen (about US$2.92 billion) worth of damage
So one "access" is worth ~500 yen according to them

It's essentially the same issue with there being a million streaming sites these days. I occasionally look at the magazines the shit I read come from and I'd be spending $50+ or more probably on magazines per week or month (maybe both). Not to mention the size of them like you're saying. Monthly magazines are even larger. They're like fucking phonebooks.

I heard about this spinoff site, Somemanga. You should try it out!

Did you know that brick costs around 3 dollars?

Reminds me of deleting and retorrenting the same game over and over to deny the devs even more sales than a single download.

Attached: baito dayo.png (480x480, 124K)

Maximum kikery

this is hilarious, do they hate the dude who made the website that much or are they trying to get some sort of compensation?

Then why post in the first place?

>one access to the site is worth more than the shounen jump magazine
???

Attached: images.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Thanks user, I didn't know this.
It's cheap AF

>Onemanga dying
The day the world was ripped off of its soul forever

Attached: 1387806034.png (400x400, 23K)

>having access without paying is the same as stealing
No the fuck it's not you filthy kike.

>Huge manga site (mangamaru) was taken down
Mangamaru was taken down years ago.

>Barely any danke upload anymore
That's a danke problem.
Fucker releases many first volumes of many series and then drops them entirely.

I can think of only one man who could be responsible for this.

Attached: 1520111156677.png (576x360, 162K)

VIZ is the worst english publisher by far.
Kodansha is much better and has more accurate and faithful translations.

don't post that garbage here Yea Forumsermin retard