Is Alphonse older than Edward?

They attempted transmutation when they were around 10-11
In the series they are 14 and 15 respectively.
So 3-4 years have passed since Alphonse was bound to the armor.
During this time he neither eats nor sleeps.
Edward sleeps and Alphonse uses this time to read, study, contemplate - whatever.

Edward would logically sleep from 7-9 hrs.
If we take worst case scenario - Edward sleeps 7 hrs and 3 years have passed since the transmutation.
365 * 3 * 7 = 7665 hours or 319 days that Alphonse has spent awake.
Realistically, though, I'd say Ed sleeps 8 hours.
That is 365 * 3 * 8 = 8760 or 365 days or 1 year.

Thus Alphonse is AT LEAST the same age (mentally) as Edward.
If Alphonse was a walking armor for more than 3 years (which I think is the case, but can't be sure since their age was never mentioned when they transmuted), he's older than Edward.

You could say that Edward is still older since he saw beyond the gate, but...

Attached: elric_brothers.png (557x382, 183K)

I don't think that's how anything works.

what the fuck are you talking about

No. The blonde one is older.

Ed eats and sleeps more than a normal kid to compensate the alphonse from the other side of the gate

>if you sleep 24/7 you're immortal
BIG brain post, OP. Well done.

Why did Alphonse looked like a girl and why was that making me lust to blonde woman?

Attached: B08DCDF1-D7C2-4807-A51E-C515AD09280B.gif (500x274, 698K)

turbo autism

???¿?¿??????¿?

>The time you spend asleep is the time you don't age mentally

Attached: 1394903432042.jpg (250x250, 39K)

Please reply, why does al looks like a sexy cute blonde girl.

Attached: 77F6D134-B9A8-43B1-A6F8-7290074D514E.png (1280x800, 1.2M)

You're just gay, user. It's okay, lots of people are. Like the person making the post below this.

dude that's a very masculine jawline

Yeah, me gay, you sure? Very well then, you are a faggot and a cocksucker.

Which one, you ape?

it's a cartoon you can imagine whatever you want

I was talking about the moments where Al had long hair.
Thanks I guess.

I really hope you're baiting for (You)'s otherwise you're the most brainlet person I have seen today and trust me that's more impressive than it sounds

You completely missed the point.
Simply put, when you sleep you have no new experiences, thus your reactions always stay the same. You neither gain new knowledge nor wisdom. You're not smarter than you were before.

So while Ed is sleeping, Alphonse is maturing.

If it's still not clear for you retards, here's an analogy:
10 yo boy falls into coma. 10 years pass, he wakes up. Will he act like his friends? Will he act like he's 20?

You forgot to look in the mirror today, you dumb fuck.

Attached: thats_where_youre_wrong.png (544x291, 138K)

I never thought about it before, but isn't that true? People only grow through experiences and their brain developing. If Alphonse still mentally develops even though he has no physical body shouldn't he be mentally older than his actual age since he gets an additional 8 hours to experience things, think, and learn?

Your brain doesn't turn off when you sleep you retards

This.
Also dreams exist.

Doesn't Al just sit there and not cry over his not body when he's not sleeping? Not much to "develop" there.

Yes, I forgot it continues to surf on the net. Fuck off.
At most the brain will process what has happened during the day and you'll get some dreams. It doesn't acquire new data.

Are you seriously using this as an argument? So you pit an unconscious dream against fully conscious 8 hrs? This is beyond stupid.

Don't project, you fucking bitch. Pic related

Attached: see_this.png (106x135, 19K)

You're right but I hate absolutely every word in this post.

>So you pit an unconscious dream against fully conscious 8 hrs
I mean, from this thread I'd pit an unconscious dream of my against 8 of your fully conscious hours. You've never gone to sleep thinking about something then woken up and known the answer? Never gained insight from a dream? They might now be absolutely equivalent, but Alphonse definitely isn't fucking older.

hey I just wanted to say you're right and most other people in this thread are retarded

Is that a robot?

>It doesn't acquire new data.
Because Alphonse gets so much new data sitting there for 8 hours

But we're not comparing me with you.
The "answer in a dream" from psychological point of view is due to the fact that neurons are rested and the signal can traverse the "correct" pathway. Al doesn't rely on a brain.

DO YOU NOT SEE THE BOOK IN THE PICTURE?

Fuck all of you. I gave enough evidence and reasoned to the best of my ability, and you still refuse to even try to consider the truth. You can now go back to discussing AoT, Konosuba and the rest of your hot garbage.I'm out

Attached: brandon_fall.png (1440x900, 1.26M)

Sorry user. Guess some of us just sleep less than you do.

I wonder how Morena will deal with the Elric brothers.

Attached: 1562885168282.jpg (595x842, 95K)

>The "answer in a dream" from psychological point of view is due to the fact that neurons are rested and the signal can traverse the "correct" pathway.

Explain.

user....

>Simply put, when you sleep you have no new experiences
doesn't work like that.
>your reactions always stay the same
not true
>You neither gain new knowledge nor wisdom. You're not smarter than you were before.
not true
>So while Ed is sleeping, Alphonse is maturing.
incorrect
>If it's still not clear for you retards
>retards
>"lookit mah head canon of human psychology, the significance of sleep, and brain development"
fuck off.
>coma
how do you fail this hard with even the fucking dictionary definition of a coma?
>you dumb fuck
>you
>dumb fuck
>dumb
>fuck
if you weren't calling others retards and dumb for pointing out your absolutely ridiculous reasoning, I wouldn't be calling you the same fucking thing. it's clear you're some teenage summerfag who COMPLETELY misunderstood his psych/brain biology 101 shit in high-school.

come back with citations the next time you go full-on "simple Jack", bitch.

Gay brother couple

No one missed the point, you just posted one of the dumbest showerthoughts ever.

>At most the brain will process what has happened during the day
This is utterly essential to mental growth. A person's development isn't in the acquiring of new information, it's the cataloguing of it and establishing a mental foundation to match new experiences against. Growth isn't a constant linear process either. It's not something you just plug away at reading books and suddenly you're more mature than everyone else. Yes there's the cliche of the mature for his age kid that spends all his time in the library, but that kid is typically also lacking maturity in other areas.

this whole fucking argument is so logically implausible, I can't believe a human being actually came up with it. not only is measuring age, the physical aspect of the time a physical body has spent being alive, done by some completely arbitrary and literally incorrect means, the concept of "experience" or "time spent reading a book/being awake" is used as a measure of "age" (i.e. the definition becomes completely arbitrary and impossible to measure).
the bluntest way to put it is: age is measured by "years alive".
experience and knowledge are not synonyms, nor can they be measured in a linear fashion.
if you've learned to read at age five and another person at age six, are you the same age as the person who is age six?

jesus christ you people are absolutely insane.

Shut the fuck up faggot, Al looked like a girl here.

and also take into consideration statistics of people who sleep less (significantly less than "standard") usually die a lot younger.

All these faggot slurs, sounds like you're deep in the closet, homo

I think Ed is older

Imagine how good that first bite of food tasted after 4 years of starving.

Winry's apple pie

In the 03 series do you think Al fucked Winry since Ed fucked off to our universe? If I recall correctly in that series he had a crush on her too.

Constant, never-ending /ss/ with her and Rose, yes absolutely.

Technically Alphonse doesn't age.
Can armor go through puberty?

huh? al went to earth too not long after ed did, did you not see the movie? It has hitler in it lol

You still age when you sleep you fucking moron.

I don't