Thoughts on the most underrated anime of the decade?

Thoughts on the most underrated anime of the decade?

Attached: E38C7DB2-4645-482C-93C5-48888220341D.jpg (1280x720, 583K)

Masterpiece ONAs
Trainwreck TV show
Thanks Toei

I'll discuss this when the OP doesn't have a fucking phoneposting filename, thank you.

Why does it matter?

Let's discuss! I got to my computer just to hear your opinion!

Attached: i am not phoneposting!.jpg (1440x810, 193K)

It didn't really stick with me, but I thought it was neat. At the time I remember thinking that Rie Matsumoto was gonna be the next big thing but she never really went anywhere

That's not Flip Flappers.

Teaser music vid/PV and ONAs promised fights and more intriguing stuff than what ended up in the actual show. Ultimately, those who were hyped by the stuff before ended up waiting for twists that never came, making the actual tv series feel like "that was it?" at the end.

The show shoot his own leg with TV show
>Sensei is actually my father, I just call him this way
Aaaand dropped. Not to mention the fact that adult masked Koto was retconned not to be her

It has a 10/10 OST.

Absolute masterpiece. Trigger-levels of crazy shit and animation. 10/10 soundtrack. Great plot, beautiful themes.

ONAs were good, TV wasnt.

Sincerely my favourite anime of this decade. It makes me sad to see people claim it disappointed them after the ONAs like says; I wish they could have viewed it years later with no expectations like I did and perhaps have come out with a different opinion.
One of the most unique locations in all of anime; perfectly blends its wildly contrasting influences in a way that both adds flavour and is meaningful to the story and themes, not to mention genuinely meaningful symbolism. One of the most beautiful takes on family, with endearing and flawed characters, executed on a macrocosmic scale. Densely packed and almost perfectly paced.
The ONAs on their own lack everything I mentioned besides:
>One of the most unique locations in all of anime

Attached: 1400344043678.gif (793x350, 1.65M)

Kekkai Sensen was a hit and so was her Bump of Chicken video, but it's disappointing how she doesn't work more.

There was an interview with the animator she worked closely with on all her projects + even as far back as Precure with a few months back and in it he dropped a hint that they're working on something new.

I hope it's a movie.

It was so boring.

Why did I drop this?

I didn't give a damn about any of the characters even though I was obviously supposed to, and somehow the show was so incredibly boring I dropped it like 3 episodes in.

If you made this thread three days ago I'd say little of it stuck with me but given I recognized Rie Matsumoto's style immediately in her Fresh Precure episodes I guess I'm still a big fan of her aesthetic. Like others here I think the TV version dropped the ball but I enjoyed it enough.
Outside of sales shitposting FLFL is pretty well-received though. It's not popular with normalfags but it's still brought up on Yea Forums quite often.