Brand new high quality Lupin III non-choppy 3DCG movie is coming

>Brand new high quality Lupin III non-choppy 3DCG movie is coming
>Not a single fucking thread

twitter.com/OToMeZa_0306/status/1148700025477746689

I'm always skeptical when it comes to Japs and CGI but boy this is a pleasant surprise. Since it's most likely a one-off, i'm looking forward to it even more.

Attached: Lupin 2.png (640x397, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OI6zscJfCH0
youtube.com/watch?v=K3pbL8LGroQ
nyaa.si/view/1117281
youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7jrQQK3Mc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=IsNV4TulhsI
youtube.com/watch?v=gZXBU3bURWc
youtu.be/LjK6BFFK734
youtube.com/watch?v=dt6XXfcdVY0
youtube.com/watch?v=CLzNxre-Wig
youtube.com/watch?v=iPTLNtYiDiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=v-9yJudRMYU
youtube.com/watch?v=kgyrt6hwA_E
youtube.com/watch?v=KyL7wI4FZPc
youtube.com/watch?v=5f3KqEkcpC0
youtube.com/watch?v=59u_6G5LDjo
youtube.com/watch?v=x7IsksEvlHc&t=0m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E
youtube.com/watch?v=ALsap-5K71g
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=6001&LH_TitleDesc=0&_nkw=replica gazelle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because this series should have died out a long time ago

but people like it and it still produces great content.

Looks like Disney western shit, dropped.

Absolutely Kino, you only see this CG in disney and video games CGI. It's nice to see another user who enjoys Lupin, still have a lot of catch-up to do.

I'm more hyped for the dub

>3DCG
Answered your own question.

Are you such a idiot that you cannot recognize good vs bad anime, people like you are why OP2 was a thing

Part 5 was kino though

Still going through part IV, since toonami just got part 5 and their slow as heck

>watching dubs

was Goodbye Partner good? the last 2 anime seasons and the movies have been phenomenal, but lupin TV specials were stuck in a rut for the longest time

You need to go back

I'm not all up for 3dcg but this looks surprisingly decent. This feels like dreamworks-tier which is not a level I've seen Japanese cg have gotten to before.

unIronically cannot watch this series subbed, I've gotten to used to the dubbed voice actors from previous series, Lupin sounds really weird to me in sub. Maybe it's just nostalgia

It was okay. The Koike movies are where it's at right now.

I started watching Lupin back in 2003. If I can transition from dub to sub, then you have no excuse. Especially since the original Lupin Japanese cast is god tier. It also doesn't help the dub's case when they swapped actors throughout it's English history. Funimation did an awful job with the red jacket movies going as far as to mispronounce every character's name, and the Geneon dub completed fucked around with the script. Nowadays the Eastern Star/Discotek guys are doing a pretty okay job but you're better off watching the original version.

Speaking of the original Japanese cast, Kobayashi has been doing Jigen since the 70s, but he's getting on in years and clearly can't do Jigen forever
Do you guys think whoever replaces him should emulate his current, older and scruffier voice, or his deeper voice he had back in the 70s and 80s?

Speaking of do Japanese people naturally have a deeper voice or are they gonna need to a black person to voice Jigen now

Just what Lupin always needed: a shitty, ugly 3D CG film

Attached: 1508782440680.gif (252x188, 540K)

I've heard praises for the original cast, I might have to watch castle caligiostro (or whatever it's spelled) to see the difference. And yea Funimation dubs absolutely suck as of currently, only sentai filmworks actually tries to put out good dub these days

Well the Dragon Quest movie seems that way too, but Lupin is better since it actually keeps the original artstyle in the transition.

>Kobayashi has been doing Jigen since the 70s
Pretty sure he voiced him in the 1969 pilot film too.
>Do you guys think whoever replaces him should emulate his current, older and scruffier voice, or his deeper voice he had back in the 70s and 80s?
Younger sounding Jigen I assume, BUT they cast a guy who sounds nothing like the original Zenigata which i'm still bitter about. The guy is a great VA, but he is not Zenigata.

This is better than 99% of CGI anime. It's high production value and if it's only happening for this one movie, it's a nice gimmick especially since we get a new movie every single year.

>I might have to watch castle caligiostro (or whatever it's spelled) to see the difference.
The acting is great in that but it's a pretty bad example to see the cast at their best since that's a feelgood movie as opposed to the usual funny Lupin movie where the characters just bounce off each other. The cast are at their best when they are in humorous situations and it's very apparent when you watch.

Nice. The art style reminds me of those 2000s console Lupin III video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=OI6zscJfCH0

>was Goodbye Partner good
It's one of the best. The second half is weaker compared to the first one (the first one being god tier), but it's still an outstanding special.

Lupin III never gets spoken of here but it's my favorite anime series. I can't wait for this movie, personally.

>finally a Lupin thread

Can someone explain to me how Fujiko Mine's Lie has been ripped for like three weeks and it hasn't been subbed yet? Seriously what the fuck

Attached: p12-schley-lupinrev-a-20190530.jpg (1920x1080, 621K)

Just watch it in nip and pretend like you understand what's going on. That's what I did.

>It's one of the best.
Let's not get carried away. I can probably name 10 that are better.

>CG Lupin movie
Oh god no

>not aping 2D anime like most CG anime, actually has a cartoony Pixar quality
You know this actually looks pretty rad

Well Yea Forums is nothing but underage zoomers.

I blame [Horriblesubs] and other wannabe's that are just translating current trashy isekai anime's rather than giving these classics a try. I don't wanna say this but subbing is dead, no more TL notes, no more actual clean typesetting, it's all about who can rip the fastest and upload for streaming. Subbing is dead

>10
>implying
Here's the list of specials actually better than Goodbye Partner:
>Return the Treasure
>Island of Assassins
>Tokyo Crisis
>Alcatraz Connection
>Voyage to Danger
That's it

I've been aware of Lupin for a long time but the Koike movies are the first time I've really gotten into the character. I'm currently watching Part 4 and it's a fun time but it doesn't have the same grit the Koike material does. Is there any other Lupin anime that skews a little darker? Should I read the original Monkey Punch manga?

Why can't anime protagonists be this cool anymore?

Attached: Cool Lupin.png (208x431, 147K)

>That's it
Yikes. Are we just talking about specials and not theatrical productions? Also you left out quite a bit of better shit.

If we add movies and OVAs, then add The Castle of Cagliostro and The Fuma Conspiracy.
What else would you add?

>CGI
Fuck off

>I'm currently watching Part 4 and it's a fun time but it doesn't have the same grit the Koike material does.
That's your problem right there. Lupin is not very edgy when it comes to most adaptions. It gets dark in some movies but generally it's more fun and mischievous (which works better). The closest you get to dark are the early green jacket episodes of the original series (which is also the best series). The manga is very slapstick and humorous in a dark twisted way. The Fujiko Mine spin-off series is also dark but it's easily the weakest of the Lupin series while being very stylistic to make up for it.

Because they don't appeal to the modern, faggy audiences. Hopefully the pendulum swings back soon.

Hemingway Papers
Gold Babylon (not for plot but for sheer animation)
Koike movies
Dead or Alive
$1 Money Wars is extremely underrated

>why can't modern isekai trash anime stop portraying weakling losers
I wonder why

Attached: 1542624165780.gif (240x240, 28K)

>The Fujiko Mine spin-off series is also dark but it's easily the weakest of the Lupin series while being very stylistic to make up for it.

Yeah, I tried that before Part 4. Like you said it's stylish as hell, but the writing is pants-on-head retarded. And Zenigata fucking Fujiko is fucking weird so no thanks.

Looks pretty weird, like a Pixar project trying to be Lupin. 3D stuff never interested me much anyway.

>Hemingway Papers
Don't make me think you're stupid, now. That's one of the worst Lupin specials ever.
>Gold Babylon for the animation
Seriously now? That style of animation is shit.
>Koike movies
The plot in them is almost non-existent and the only value they have is in the stylishness and the violence, it has style, but no substance.
>Dead or Alive
There were a lot of scenes that led to nowhere (the opening in which they rescue that one guy who appears in only one scene afterwards, the whole plot thread with the main villain's daughter etc).
>$1 Money Wars is extremely underrated
I agree with you on this (the economical mind games are masterful, and that one scene near the very end when Lupin and the main villain are talking in a cafe is probably amongst the coolest scenes in any Lupin material), but it's still not as good of a special as Goodbye Partner.

I actually planned on watching this after finishing Part IV, not gonna stop watching but i'm gonna keep that in the back of my mind

Still waiting on the subs for the Fujiko movie

Just found this on Twitter. Some of the character designs are not very consistent and look... gross. They still have 5 months before the release though.

Attached: Ugly Lupin.png (436x351, 170K)

This looks french as fuck for some reason. Who's working on it?

Attached: 1455857869951.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

I hope they will come out sooner than the Goodbye Partner subs did.

Christ, at least go in detail and explain these base level opinions instead of resorting to
>welp it looks like shit 2 me
>no no the plot no good or not existent

Hey Lupin otaku, stop arguing for a second and give us a rundown of the best Lupin for newfags to watch

The director of the CGI Doraemon movie and the Yamoto movie

How are you two not gonna mention the best lupin movie ever? I don't watch a lot of the specials but this has yet to be broken, ending and story was superb

Attached: 15008l.jpg (282x397, 35K)

>newfags
Well if they don't mind older shit, start with the original series and move onto the second and so on. Also the first 4 theatrical Lupin films. That should keep them occupied for awhile.

>the little girl Lupin movie
It was pretty mediocre. I wish Dezaki had done something better. Bye Bye Liberty and Hemingway were better Dezaki Lupin movies.

>no no the plot no good or not existent
What else do you need? Anyone with an average IQ can deduct the same things when watching the specials. "Jigen's Gravestone" feels like a mediocre two-parter from Part II, the only thing it has going for it is the "cool" art style and atmosphere, as the plot twist reveal near the end is nothing special. The Fujiko plot thread is extremely useless and is just annoying padding and the surprise ending (with one of the old Lupin villains appearing) doesn't go anywhere (at least yet).
Goemon's Bloodspray is even worse because there's even less of a story and literally nothing is elaborated on (especially when it comes to the bearded villain). The time spent on Goemon acquiring his heightened senses is wasted because all throughout the series he's been an OP guy so there was no need for that kind of dramatization.
I haven't watched Fujiko's Lie yet, but if the fourth or fifth movie in the Koikeverse doesn't somehow connect all of the plots in a great way and elaborate on stuff, they will remain the biggest waste of time in the Lupin series.

The ending is definitely one of the best in the series, but outside of that and a few scenes (the jail infiltration etc) it has nothing going for it. Still, it is pretty underrated and I applaud you for championing it.

Lupin III: Cagliostro no Shiro > Part IV (A.K.A Lupin 2015) > Lupin III (2015): Italian Game > Lupin Jigen movie > Lupin V

and then you can watch the movies/specials or the older TV series if you want

The biggest crime with the Koike films was replacing the iconic Yuji Ohno Jazz scores with sub-par and forgettable funk/rock ballots. Like what the fuck.

Are you recommending this to retards who need to be spoonfed the absolute basics?

as much as I love Jazz, I don't get the hate towards the funk/rock sountrack, I thought it was new and refreshing

>telling him to watch Italian Game
Please don't bait him, you retard. The movie has 10-15 minutes of original content and it pathetically tries to turn three unrelated episodes of Part IV into a overarching plot.

Essentially yes, since i would literally have to make a whole blogpost about where to start. I'm thinking about doing a Lupin starters guide picture for Yea Forums might come out in a couple of week

Name one song that isn't REVOLVER FIIIIIIIRE off the top of your head without googling it or lying to me.

>Essentially yes, since i would literally have to make a whole blogpost about where to start. I'm thinking about doing a Lupin starters guide picture for Yea Forums might come out in a couple of week
As long as it's not anything remotely like

looks perfectly fine to me

Original series
Cagliostro
Fuma Conspiracy
Some of part 2
Part 5.

>Are you recommending this to retards who need to be spoonfed the absolute basics?

That's what I asked for so I assume so yes

That looks fine to you? Look at his fucking lips. The weird nose. The dumbo ears which look completely unnatural to the rest of his head.

Attached: Lupin no bg 1.png (161x161, 33K)

Lupin is for fucking boomers

I had hoped newfags would at least have higher standards when it comes to Lupin.

I'm surprised this game got localized. Actually any anime that was on Adult Swim back then got its game localized. Except for Cowboy Bebop

>The weird nose
>The dumbo
It's supposed to be that way, it's rendered into 3D, the way Lupin looks was always ridiculous even in anime drawing

and boomers have better taste than you sonny.

Attached: lupinsunrise.gif (480x360, 758K)

Thanks? It's hard being such a chad.

Attached: Chad Lupin.png (640x386, 218K)

and yet it works in those incarnations. Saying it's "suppose to look that way" seems like a cop-out for bad design choices especially since there are scenes in the same trailer where the character looks perfectly fine in comparison to that atrocity.

>Darling in the franxx is such a masterpiece, it's even better than evangelion

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

>yamato
Based, I've only seen the renake so no wonder it looks so good

>google, saucenao and iqdb give nothing

Where is that screengrab from?

You said it pal

From the Goemon movie.

imgops is where it's at

It looks like shit don't delude yourself

Thanks bruv

cope.

Cope about what? I've been watching lupin since I was eight. There are bad entries in the franchise, it doesn't mean I don't like it.
The CGI here looking better than most trash doesn't make it good.

and yet you base that off of a horrendous camrip of some Japanese person's TV. You have nothing to really go off of.

>anime fanservice with pixar-level animation
Can you even imagine this?

Imagine what? it's already here

The models are ugly, especially Lupin's face.

I like it. It's going to be weird seeing Japan really go for the Pixar look now though

Why would you want the Pixar look on anime?

Because cg anime that tries to look like 2D anime is a trash fire

Why not? The other styles are still there, it's not going to take over tv any time soon, and I'm a fan of variety. I'm also interested to see how the japs diverge from American best practices, it'll be cool

Correct
No real harm in it since Lupin main trait is variety but I sure hope it doesn't spread in anime as a whole.

gantz did it first though
or was it final fantasy?

Attached: gantz.jpg (1200x675, 440K)

I think it'll become a mainstay technique now that they've got a studio with the requisite tools and expertise, but it'll remain niche

Gantz looked nothing like Pixar. Nobody's claiming this is the first cg anime, it's just a noticeably Western one

>No real harm in it since Lupin main trait is variety

I've noticed that

It must be nice to be a Lupin fan, you get this massive buffet of wildly different styles and tones.

Nigger, really.

The hyper realistic look they do is so fucking ugly. They look like your typical ugly twink chinks but with even stupider hair and clothes. At that point, why waste the money and just cast live action actors? If you're gonna make it look like real people, cast real fucking people.

Looks better than the DQ movie.

The cool part is that the core cast can work in pretty much any setting

And that Mewtwo remake.

That's true and that's also why all the arguments about this and that entry "not being the real Lupin" are nonsensical. The final arc of part 5 was amazing because it even acknowledged it.
For example people shitting on Koike/Fujiko while sucking off Cagliostro.

I remember waiting around 2005 for the supposedly upcoming Cowboy Bebop game, and either by that year or 2006, the plan was cancelled. That was disappointing. I guess for a brief period of time, pretty much all a series needed was to be on Adult Swim or otherwise Cartoon Network, for a video game adaptation to get sold in America.

>boobs jiggle while fujiko is shooting
They always focus on the little details

>Anyone with an average IQ
>literally nothing is elaborated on
The irony.

>2019
>Not reading Lupin manga

Attached: My manga.jpg (3064x2618, 792K)

Aren't those translations shit? I heard they practically just looked at the images and made shit up.

Is the manga good? I feel like it rarely gets mentioned in discussions about Lupin

That's not allowed, user.
It's the best version of Lupin.

>have to dress nice at new office
>Decide to dress like Lupin for fun
>Squared ties, different colored blazers every day
>Get a reputation for dressing snazzy
>Actually overhear ladies commenting on how good I look
>mfw

Attached: lupin2.png (500x390, 61K)

Do you have the chops? If you don't have the chops it doesn't count

No chops yet. Seriously considering it but I don't know if it'll fly as well as the suits at work.

Bebop was to come out for Fall of 2004, then Fall of 2005, then just coming soon. This was happening when Bandai was merging with Namco, which possibly led to the cancellation.

Why is there never any love for Twilight Gemini, it's one of my favorites.

Where do you even watch most Lupin stuff, beside the most famous ones? I tried watching Red vs Green not long ago and couldn't find a single torrent with seeders, or any streaming link.

Attached: 518X9QNKRML.jpg (339x475, 47K)

I use animeDLR on Android bit there are still a lot of dead links.

>Why is there never any love for Twilight Gemini
because it's considered one of the worst Lupin films. It has no redeeming qualities outside of the fact it shows titties.
>I tried watching Red vs Green not long ago and couldn't find a single torrent with seeders,
Discotek Media sells it on DVD.

AnimeLab was streaming some of the movies for the anniversary, but torrents are literally your friend.

Would the game have even been that good? I forgot about ever seeing screenshots of what it was supposed to be in the gameplay. Cowboy Bebop seems to have been extremely popular for several years well after its initial airings on Adult Swim, possibly even the entire 2000s decade.

>content after author died

Meh. Not canon.

The trailer looks dope, though I really enjoyed that 3D short from a few years back too.

Seeing a Lupin thread makes me happy guys, I wish people would watch more of the franchise - especially after part V

F

Attached: part4_ep8.jpg (1344x7543, 3.11M)

Like MP has done anything with Lupin recently. I'll start counting things non-canon when Yuji Ohno dies

Pixar are behind now and they're still obsessed with trying to get other people to adopt renderman even though it's dead in the water. It sounds gauche to outsiders, but Disney Animation Studios is genuinely the furthest ahead; the former Pixar bigshots like Catmull were repatriated so the studio could just be used as a test bed to develop effects development that would carry over into VFX for their live action flagships. Specifically, Frozen only exists to improve snow and ice, Tangled only exists to improve hair, Zootopia only exists to improve fur, et cetera.

That was the era of "localize everything" even when there was no possibility of anyone buying it. Gregory Horror Show got its damned game released in English.

so basically everything before is death is considered canon despite the fact he was involved with the majority of it. The only thing he's done since Dead or Alive (which came out almost 25 years ago) is ONE Blu Ray special for the Part V Blu Ray.

>Lupin
>canon

I don't even know what this means

wasn't involved is what I meant

>he still doesn't think that's enough of an explanation
How's it feel being stupid?

>Why is there never any love for Twilight Gemini
Because only the first quarter of it is good. Also, it has a pretty shitty villain and the ancient civilization plot isn't developed enough.
Still the best ED out of all the specials.

Correct and Lupinpilled

That episode is in my top 10 episodes of all time, I almost started crying and I can't say any other Lupin episode made me like that.

The best Rupan

youtube.com/watch?v=K3pbL8LGroQ

Attached: f77e20cbb32c82571def36afb5c9030db99b9bb5_hq.gif (497x276, 911K)

Looks like the nips finally learned how to use 3D.

I'm pretty sure this was done by an American animator. I can't remember his name though.

Hm, I'd actually watch that. most cg anime is fucking awful

Anything related to Lupin is at least watchable aside from the 2014 live action movie.

>it has a pretty shitty villain
The main villain was shitty, that bitch with the whip was fun.

Mutton chops don't really work unless you're a biker or an oil tycoon imo

Horriblesubs doesn't sub anything you illiterate. Learn Japanese or fuck off

>Looks better than the DQ movie.
why didnt they stick with Toriyama's artstyle for the movie?

What's the point in talking about it? Lupin only gets subbed when somebody can rip the subs from CR. I'm pretty sure there are TV specials from last year that haven't been subbed yet.

Well it's a big budget CG movie so you know it's going to obviously play in the West. Plus the last 2 Koike specials are dubbed which means they will be released here too.

The same thing happens every time there's a new Lupin movie. We have to wait a lot until someone translates it.

HorribleSubs doesn't do translation, they just rip off subtitles from Crunchyroll. So if a show it's not shown there, they can't release it.
Crunchyroll is actually what killed most of subbing.

So which movie is your favorite?or your top 5?

It is for everyone. My 1996 ass enjoyed it, so can you.

all 3DCG is bad

Old couple episode from part 4 was great.

>Alcatraz Connection
>no Hemingway Papers
Shit taste

The first 4 films and.. throw in Walther P38 too.
I already called him out on it hours ago. Hemingway is a dope fucking movie. Alcatraz is surprisingly decent for a 00's Lupin film though.

>actually liking Hemingway Papers
>liking it that much
You people are so embarrassing.

>Liking something is embarrassing
You're a child.

Ok really off topic but since this is the first lupin thread I've sent in a while what did you guys think of the ending of part 5? [Spoilers] Where he takes off his mask that he's been wearing since the show/manga started [/spoilers] Also I really hope this movie will come out in theatres, I'd reserve tickets today if I could.

Whoops

Honestly I couldn't get into Lupin III. Thinking of all the hassle of having to watch Lupin II and Lupin I turned me off of it, so I didn't start.

Aaaayyyee but where's lupins most wanted?

Yeah, man. Down with Lupin, bring more isekai...

I was thinking something similar

I'm grown very tired of this kind of style but it not only looks good here but it's clearly something different rather than the billionth "fun for the whole family" 3D feature films churned out from the West.

The complete lack of care I've seen from the West, at least online, is depressing

I'm not someone who actively looks for Lupin but I enjoy and I seriously didn't hear a peep about this Fujiko film. All kinds of random, small time series have been put in front of me and Lupin the Third slipped my gaze.

>Where do you even watch most Lupin stuff, beside the most famous ones?
I downloaded literally everything using this torrent: nyaa.si/view/1117281

>CGI Doraemon
That guy s also working on the CGI Dragon Quest movie, which also looks pretty decent.

I mean it doesn't look bad but the appeal of anime is that's its 2D animation is better than the Wests 2D animation. The same can't be said for its 3D.

Are there any online scans of volumes 8-9 and 11-13 of the manga online?

Shit normalfaggot series.

Agreed, I love seeing fantasy anime. It's like reliving the old days except without the cringe.

Fujiko's tits are really inconsistent in this movie

Attached: [Anime Land] Lupin the IIIrd - Mine Fujiko no Uso (BDRip 720p Hi444PP QAAC) RAW [85B499AC].mkv_snaps (1280x720, 1.39M)

Where do you get the blazers?

It's because Yea Forums is mostly a usa board

BIG FUJIKO TITS

Why do Lupinfags praise Cagliostro like it's the best Lupin movie? Yes, it might have some of the best animation in the series but the story feels generic with a villain as interesting as a piece of cardboard and also why is Lupin suddenly being referred to as "Wolf"? Personally, I preferred the Secret of Mamo.

Attached: mamo mmmmm_by_halgalaz_dcv6s7l.png (1405x2000, 1.06M)

Cagliostro is a beautiful movie but it's barely even Lupin character wise, it's a flat white knight. Benching the rest of the crew is also a crime. It's the favourite Lupin movie of people who aren't into Lupin.
I like Mamo much more, yes.

Fujiko's tits are fucking beautiful

Attached: [Erai-raws] Lupin III - Part V - 03 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_20.38_[2019.06.23_09.36. (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Some guy uploaded most of the manga to Mangadex but it's missing a few of the volumes. And I doubt it's possible to find the physical release anymore. You should scan the missing volumes to complete it if you have the ability to.

Throwing this out there: a few years ago in Italy came out an edition of the manga, uncensored and not mirrored. One user even posted pics here once.
That would probably be the best bet to acquire high quality scans, assuming someone is willing to pay for it and tear it apart to scan it.

Lupin is a lucky guy

Attached: 9d1d0e9a53f9090a194c291601568fd3.gif (540x304, 484K)

Lucky if you enjoy the unending chase like him

He catches her sometimes, it's gotta be worth it.

In part V we saw both of them lost interest once they got together for good so they went back to playing cat and mouse.

And then we saw them get together at the end, mixed signals as usual

That's the point really

>Lupin III never gets spoken of here

Attached: Lupin is a nice man.png (522x380, 330K)

Fansubs are dead.

Attached: dress.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Best Lupin movie is Jigens gravestone

Subs are on the way, just give me a few hours.

Attached: 1560419869078.jpg (600x600, 90K)

This will never top Myazaki's Lupin film

My fucking nigger.

Attached: [Underwater-FFF] Lupin III - Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone - 02v2 (BD 720p) [47A33BB1].mkv_snapsho (1280x720, 92K)

I love that ED

Attached: 1527019272351.jpg (1920x1080, 237K)

Damn, that's so comfy

Goodbye partner was kind of trash, but I really wanted Jigen to be happy.

bump

>Being such a weeb you don't enjoy the Lupin III dub

Try saying that in Italy and see what happens, bucko.

But I do enjoy the dub

How about Lupin isekai?

Attached: IDEA.jpg (150x150, 6K)

@190406145
You don't even deserve a (you)

Attached: 1562449993373.png (262x283, 148K)

but Lupin plays well in the USA. It a;ways has. It's never been extremely popular but it's been here consistently for almost 20 years.

If you like a watered down Lupin, sure.

What is the best jacket and why is it always green?

Attached: Lupin evolution - Copy.jpg (2048x537, 144K)

Part 5 can get pretty dark and gritty at times, much more than part 4. Although it's tone is VERY variable, changing a lot from arc to arc, since it's meant to reference all parts of the franchise.

I wonder if they hadn't done it already. OP and the simpsons probably did it.

We already got that (Elusiveness of the Fog), and it sucked.

I liked the first half then it kind of went off the deep end.

>EotF
>Isekai
You're really trying this aren't you

I mean, it's time travel to some forgotten mythical past. I'm pretty sure stuff like Oda Nobuna is considered isekai too.

Are most of Part II episodes so wacky? I loved Part I, but the red jacket series feels too silly for me.

>Are most of Part II episodes so wacky?
Yes. It gets pretty fucking out there. Maybe not to the extent as part III but there are literal episodes about vampire Nazi experiments that involve Jesus. There's a ton of great episodes though and the wackiness shouldn't put you off because of it.

>People acting like this is the first good purely CGI produced Anime
Did none of you watch Houseki no Kuni?

It's a shit film associated with a shit franchise only like by pseudo boomers who complain about isekai, all while promoting repetitive franchise shit and are therefore in no position to complain about any other anime's derivative nature. If I was a fansubber I'd rather go fix the subs on fucking Gold Lightan or Peter Pan no Bouken than waste a single second on this 2/10 shit flick with no noteworthy animation or artistic merit. It's a good thing those groups prioritise proper anime.

post body

Fitter than yours, delusional boomer tranny/ironic tumblr weeb who subscribes to A E S T H E T I C youtube channels.

Then post it

>Houseki no Kuni
I remember it being garbage with extremely choppy animation.

>boomer
>tranny
>tumblr
Oh the irony.

>why is Lupin suddenly being referred to as "Wolf"?
lupin literally means wolf and at the time the estate that owns the original arsene lupin novels were being dickheads

>repetitive franchise shit
you can barely call lupin a franchise given how wildly different installments get, it's like saying all robin hood movies are the same franchise

Based.

>calling an Aqua poster based
OH NO NO NO NO

The final fantasy films look great to this day and that space captain harlock cgi film looks pretty great too, japan definitely has some cgi gems it's a shame the ones a lot of people are given the impression of is shit like knights of sidonia and all the other polygon pictures garbage. The problem comes from trying to make some shit that looks like anime.

BTFO

Attached: lupin 2.png (650x479, 387K)

I've wanted to ask this for awhile. I tried the original lupin and wasn't really in to it but the digital era lupin entries have a really interesting artstyle so can I just watch the new shit then go back to the old shit later?

youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7jrQQK3Mc&feature=youtu.be
The trailer is out

Attached: showtime.jpg (850x1200, 128K)

Fujiko subs when?

Seconding this, I always try to look as Lupin as possible if I have to dress fancy.

It's all episodic. You can go in whatever order you want man.

They want Pixar-style shit

Did Monkey Punch get a sticky when he died? If not, that cements just how fucked the west is.

Why the fuck did they think this was acceptable.

Attached: Screenshot (90).png (1366x768, 601K)

He did.

CGI in anime (both full CGI stuff and just CGI for certain things) does generally look pretty terrible though. I haven't watched the HnK anime but looking up some scenes it has the same choppy look to it. I imagine it would be possible to make it not look like that while keeping the non-Pixar look but it always does still.

TRAILER IS OUT. NOT A DRILL. NOT A DRILL.

Attached: Screenshot (96).png (1366x768, 885K)

The guy who directed Doremon and that DQ movie is directing and writing this movie. the same studio that did those movies are likely doing this film too.

So basically you're going to spam meet the robinsons for the next 20 years until CGI picks up at 2040

Attached: 360254.jpg (225x350, 24K)

What's Jigen thinking right here?

Attached: huh.png (489x540, 423K)

>god dammit lupin just leave that woman alone she's gonna take all of our stuff

I miss the hacker loli from the last season.

First anime I ever saw was Count of Cagliostro on VHS. It was dubbed. I loved it. I then got the DVD re-release a few years later. The sub wasn't great. The dub was worse. I still use it as an example of well done dubs. Sadly the quality of the sound was poor. It was brilliant though. I've seen a few episode and seen some of the films. I've never sat down and watched the whole thing or the cross-over film(s).

There is some issues with this, even as a trailer. I hope it's good, some bits look good, some look awful.

watch some more lupin, you'll thank yourself

Is that honestly that bad though? Technically Lupin was a big inspiration on John Lassater.

She's definitely a better character then Rebecca.

The fuck are you crying about now

Yeah, will do.

I think it looks good

Attached: lupin.png (1919x822, 1.91M)

Green is always based, but this is how It goes for me

Blue > Red > Green > Black > Pink

>First anime I ever saw was Count of Cagliostro on VHS. It was dubbed.
>I then got the DVD re-release a few years later. The sub wasn't great. The dub was worse.
If you're talking about the same dub then fine, but I know you're not going to sit there and say the original streamline dub is better the the Manga dub from 2000 which was objectively better and more authentic to the original tone and script. Only a retard would call that old dub better. The sub is still the best version so I don't understand your problem with it. Pick up the Discotek BD since it's the best version to get outside of Japan.

>boring ass blue
>best
Base level tastes tbqh.

HnK is choppy but I feel that it does a better job of making its characters feel alive than most CG anime

Its okay I guess

Attached: CG Fujko.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

Jigen looking pretty cool.

Attached: Screenshot (105).png (1366x768, 715K)

>better job of making its characters feel alive than most CG anime
aside from making them move at 4 FPS. I'll take something that doesn't give me legitimate headaches.

If he changed the shirt color then the blue would fit it, thus is why the green looks so kino

They shoot each other is there blood or is this pg or pg13?

>the Manga dub from 2000 which was objectively better and more authentic to the original tone and script.
you mean with all the swearing?

I don't want to watch a movie with Fujiko in it that's only PG

Attached: 1560462363569.jpg (754x1249, 277K)

It's Lupin. It's most likely PG-13 just for gun violence alone. Even Cagliostro which is the most child friendly Lupin movie is PG-13.

>you mean with all the swearing?
You mean Lupin saying the word "shit" ONE time? There might be a "damn" in there but that's about it. Plus the Discotek BD has both that version and a version without the swear word. Check & mate.

If you look at the trailer her boobs shake at 0:34 so yea it's not gonna be PG

Same

Attached: 2b38c90f8f2c23eda41d0e5179f763d9.gif (500x281, 1.75M)

Why are his hands so non-hairy?

because grown adults have noticeable hair on their hands especially if their hair color is black.

>tfw you don't own a mindcontrol bracelet

Attached: 1560813451236.png (1213x1079, 1.71M)

My bad. Read that wrong. Yeah I don't know why?

I feel like Lupin's perpetual dumbass cat smile looks pretty hit-or-miss in some of these shots and I don't like how absolutely greasy Jigen looks, but I'm cautiously optimistic for this. I think Lupin's artstyle translates surprisingly well into 3D.

Attached: 3dlupin.png (270x334, 105K)

We demand Lupin have hairy monkey man hands

Reminder Lupin now has chin stubble.

Attached: Screenshot (97).png (1366x768, 486K)

That's because lupin looks more cartoonist than "anime" look at part 4 & 5, they tried to make him look anime and it fails horrible in some sense

>non hairy hands
>beardlet
JUST

first post, worst post, son.

>they tried to make him look anime and it fails horrible in some sense
Last I checked he still had non-anime eyes and a nose. What exactly made him look "anime"

Attached: part IV OP.gif (540x303, 2.47M)

Look at post for comparison

you should know that my "worst post" saved this thread. It was on the brink of death before I bumped. You're welcome now enjoy your shitty disney movie.

The final Lupin image isn't from Part 5. It's from the Koike movies, and if you have a problem with that style you have the shittiest taste in this thread

but why

Autism

what would you do to fujiko Yea Forums?

Attached: f6.jpg (397x406, 16K)

Attached: Wed.jpg (720x540, 67K)

>just started watching part 1
>literally in the first episode Fujiko is detained on a tickling machine

tit fuck

Attached: monkey fujiko.jpg (500x644, 35K)

Charge her rent

>CGI Lupin
Why.

Attached: hesitantly staring at a 3½-inch floppy while grasping it with two fingers, not being quite sure wha (500x374, 49K)

remake is great as well

Attached: Screenshot (116).png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

I believe in you user

Do your best

Attached: 1394414697958.png (191x234, 7K)

You can't kill off Lupin. Its not suppose to be a contingency series. Its a spice-of-life show.
They could EASILY make an episode about any current flavor of the month topic/issue and people will watch it.

The only thing that can kill Lupin is himself.

what if she offers to pay in a different currency?

Attached: Screenshot (109).png (1307x799, 981K)

How did it come to this, Lupin-bros?!

Attached: 1560761313751.jpg (747x567, 52K)

I think they should've kept the traditional look instead of trying to grab the pixar audience. People will watch it once and stop caring about it after that.

I like chesty asians as much as the next guy, but I'm not running a charity.

Attached: Kanegami.jpg (225x350, 27K)

I don't want to get chlamydia desu

What the fuck? This actually looks good.

The English Lupin cast is kino.

Why didn't they use the black jacket for Part 5?

Attached: w9rxFra.jpg (1200x650, 113K)

Lupin is so fucking sexy holy shit

Attached: f7.jpg (446x445, 27K)

there was a 70's live action lupin film where he had a white jacket

Attached: 1631173-rupansanseistrangepsychokineticstrategy.jpg (456x640, 55K)

What if I like dubs for one part but subs for another? I prefer the subs on the originals and part iv, but the dub for Fujiko Mine and part 5

they can always invent something new

Attached: 1538779835569.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

>someone complains about the industry
>they know absolutely nothing about the industry
Like fucking clockwork.

It's because they're purposely trying to portray modern protagonists as overtly cool, which makes them uncool. Lupin is cool because he just is cool.

I'm really freaking glad Takashi is getting the recognition he deserves. Stand By Me Doraemon was so good in 3DCG, I was really surprised. I would not mine seeing 3DCG of certain other movies, since it seems like they can get the character designs down.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsNV4TulhsI

And they say anime is for incels...

Bloodspray of Goemon was amazing. That Paul Bunyan villain actually stole the show.

god it looks gorgeous

release date when ?

Reminder

Attached: based.jpg (735x9847, 2.14M)

>mamo 5/10
>gold babylon 4/10

Attached: 1562215522653.png (217x448, 238K)

>actually defending gold babylon
You have to go back

Why does Lupin look like the dude from the Lorax

I've only seen Fuma, Tokyo Crisis, Cagliostro, and the Jigen/Goemon movies, what should I watch next?

Attached: 1424994645400.png (469x447, 3K)

>tokyo crisis 10/10
>cagliostro is a normie entry
>nostradamus: The pacing is all over the place" "Irrational"

Attached: 4333.png (704x400, 234K)

The only reason they can use the name in the west now is because Arsene Lupin entered public domain.

TV series

>not seeing the greatness of Tokyo Crisis
>seriously thinking that fucking Cagiostro isn't a normie entry
>not noticing the abnormal pacing in Nostradamus and the number of irrational scenes (like the one in which Jigen and his opponent stare at each other for a few seconds and fire only afterwards)
>le disgusted anime girl face
You have to go back. Seriously.

honestly this looks sick

>greatness of Tokyo Crisis
>that chart said to stay away from people who like calig, as if to say that people who enjoy a popular piece of art if subjective
>my cartoon is irrational
Bait harder please

Attached: 1561678130364.png (536x661, 230K)

What's the series they played the most on Adult Swim? Was it part 2?

>adult swim
It's toonami you zoomer and it was part 4

Fuck off LWAtard your S2 will never come

>calls me a zoomer
>thinks I'm talking about the series that started in fucking 2015
>thinks I don't know the difference between Adult Swim and late night Toonami
I went and answered my own question since you're such an idiot. It was probably part 2.

>Episodes 1-27 were broadcast on Adult Swim from January 13, 2003.[16]

Commit _____

Attached: tumblr_lysdeyme721qfxv5io1_500.png (500x375, 186K)

You're the zoomer here. Adult Swim aired Part 2 late at night back in 2003. You're probably underage too.

Mods ban him please

Worst post ever made

I have other anime I watch

Looks great

Castle of Cagliostro > Part V > Part IV > Fuma Clan > Part I > Twilight Gemini

But I'm a millenial ????

Taking credit for the thread cause your life is miserable. Pathetic go watch your moe shit

I do too. I'm surprised how well the characters translated to 3D but it's probably testament to how good the designs are.

It looks pretty good. The freeway scene is well lit.

I've said for years I'd prefer full cgi to the god damn awful bastard stepchild of badly sync'd 2d/3d work we get now. Better a bitmap than a photoshop bucket.

Yeah, imagine this style on anime characters with weird hairstyles, would look ridiculous.

this. Looks legit terrible

looks like some pixar shit from 2010, or hotel tranlesvania or some shit, why is japan so far behind?

user I'm begging you please scan these

This looks great, I'm honestly all for it. Seeing this well dressed thief do crazy shit is always fun, and I find the CG to be surprisingly suiting.

Attached: 1555443542641.jpg (1200x675, 124K)

Especially these ; it's not just bad scans, there's *no* scans of those volumes

I hope you're serious, because I've been dying to watch it for a while now.
If you are, then you're greatly appreciated.

I hope it gets screened in the west. If it doesn't, then it'll be time to play the waiting game for subs again.

Attached: 1555442198777.png (1600x900, 1.26M)

He looks cute

I like the way it looks, but is it really called Lupin The Third The First?

>CG
I wonder

Yeah this was obviously made by the faggot earlier who was unironically praising Goodbye Partner. Opinion discarded. Anyone who unironically thinks Hemingway should be that low is an absolute sperg.

Yeah. Or "Lupin Sansei The First" really.

The movie is blowing up on twitter. It's a little fucking annoying it took a CGI movie for people to notice him.

Attached: Screenshot (91).png (1366x768, 594K)

>ctrl+f "youtube"
>No one posted the short, that in hindsight was probably test footage for this.
Come on.
youtube.com/watch?v=gZXBU3bURWc

It's pretty old user, I imagine most people here have seen it. But I really like the short, the quality is really impressive and the shots are great. My favorite being at 0:55 in which Lupin enters the car by fucking running next to it.

TMS just put this up, I wonder if it and Mamo 4K will have english subs
youtu.be/LjK6BFFK734

>It actually looks great.
God, you lot are a bunch of whiny bitches

If only the trailer were in 4K too, that usually kind of sucks about these remasters. You can't really compare that shit online.

A lot of it was due to how popular almost anything coming from Japan had the potential to be. Who knew what the next Pokémon, the next Cowboy Bebop, the next InuYasha, the next Naruto, or the next Bleach would have been? It seems that they were trying their chances, to see what stuck around in the American and other Western markets, and work from within enough success. I miss that 2000s sentiment of Japanophilia, though. It seems to still be around to a large extent, but not as apparently mainstream as back then, when anime was featured more prominently on TV. Nowadays, people mostly stream it to watch.

Back then the appeal was that it was different, now weeb stuff is just being flattened into appealing to the west. Netflix killed anime.

I don't care. Japan remastering Mamo in 4K yet we haven't even gotten a Mamo Blu Ray in the states yet. What the fuck is taking so long.

Yeah, I've kind of gotten the impression now that anime and manga are a bit less about making things for the Japanese than they used to be. It's like a nice restaurant branching out and trying to become a large, more fast-food version of themselves as a global chain, with quality probably suffering as a result.

Goodbye Partner's first half is god tier, the second half is definitely weaker but overall the special is still above average.
Also how someone can actually like Hemingway is beyond me, it has literally nothing going for it.

I wish they gave Jigen a less tapered crown looking fedora. Something with straighter sides and maybe less of a dipped-down brim would look better, in my opinion, maybe with a black rather than matching grey hat ribbon. I do think he looks cool, though.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x286, 9K)

is there a good watch order list for lupin?

mostly just want ine so I can skim through the better episodes of Part 2 and skip the shittier OVAs

>hurr durr it's a cartoon stop looking for rationality
You seriously have to go back.

>part V before part IV
>Twilight Gemini there for some reason, and even put after Part I
You're either stupid or baiting.

Lupin and Fujiko look great
on the other hand Jigen looks weird (probably because of his rounder face) and Goemon is more hair than face

I'm sorry you have poor taste

Lupin's voice actor.

Attached: MV5BOGYzOTM5MGYtMmVjZC00NWIyLWIyMWYtNTA0OTBjNmM0NTQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_UY317_CR13,0,21 (214x317, 10K)

I was about to tell you to gtfo, but then I saw the video.

Actually impressive. I can't wait.

Attached: 1562419112225.jpg (736x959, 64K)

Yamada Yasuo also voiced Clint Eastwood characters.

That actually looks good, but it would've been better if it was 2D

>she's the culprit of Notre Dame

the music sounds a lot like Cobra
youtube.com/watch?v=dt6XXfcdVY0

Attached: 0d4d919067c450ecbe9cefd060dad41b.jpg (827x798, 64K)

cringe

Part I.

for sure it will come to France and Italy

Total stranger to Lupin here, it's always been a series I've been aware of, and it seemed kind of interesting, but I've never really sought it out at all. After seeing this trailer make the rounds though, I figure now's as good a time as any to give it a shot. Where exactly do I start?

What's Yea Forums consensus about pic related?

Attached: image.jpg (1638x1075, 729K)

The Lupin dubs are excellent, though.

For the ones they actually make dubs for, at least. I think a good chunk of them are still only subbed.

Attached: furry jigen.png (540x304, 197K)

a Yuyu Hakusho movie with this CG could be awesome

Attached: tumblr_p0lznvK6d01qd63gzo2_250.png (239x400, 73K)

Bye Bye Lady Liberty Crisis and the Secret of Mamo if you're only gonna watch the specials.

Otherwise watch the shows.

Lupin is a thief.
He has 2 friends/associates, a sniper and a ronin samurai.
He has a complicated romance with another thief, Fujiko Mine.
A policeman name Zenigata tries to catch him, while respecting him as a foe.

Here you go, you can now watch anything. I personally started with Part V without any trouble.

Either season 1 or anywhere else

They're beautiful but cagliostrotards shit on them because muh edgy and muh gritty

No matter how good the CGI may be, it's a type of animation that will never look full of life and warm like the 2D classic animation.
Get over it already.

This

>Gorgeous and clean poses
>Solid redesigns that don't look jarring while still taking full advantage of the tech
>Warm color palettes, full of life like the 2D classic animation
>Twenty-four (24) frames per second (fps)

Trailer looks gorgeous, but as expected Anons fail to properly assess /3/. Hard to blame you. For most of you, your exposure is to no budget trash that refuses to embrace being 3D, and you don't have the art skill to analyze with any kind of insight, You think 3D is some inherently cursed genre. Not sure why so many also hate Pixar's art though. Probably some childish inability to separate the visuals from the stories.

Music by Yuji Ohno
youtube.com/watch?v=CLzNxre-Wig
youtube.com/watch?v=iPTLNtYiDiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=v-9yJudRMYU
youtube.com/watch?v=kgyrt6hwA_E
youtube.com/watch?v=KyL7wI4FZPc

Lupin looks like fucking Ratatouille.

Why people here have so fucking shit taste they recommend one of the WORST specials in the history of Lupin?

You're calling others childish yet you attempt to feel superior while being unable to realize why cgi is intrinsecally unappealing in anime.

>intrinsecally unappealing in anime.

Nah, you are just a retard on the bandwagon that can't explain why is that and despite the fact anime uses cgi a lot, not even talking about the 3D CGI ones.

The final fantasy movies, Appleseed, Houseki no Kuni, and a lot of others use CGI. I bet a lot of the modern 2D ones you watch also have CGI but of course you don't even notice it.

Fucking retard

Lack of talent?

Attached: 1536196832891.gif (410x317, 974K)

Do you even realize how dumb your post is?

Attached: 1436025622948.png (359x414, 152K)

help me Yea Forums

I was watching Lupin movies and the Lupin conspiracy was so fucking bad it turned me off. I'm worried because people hail this as one of the best. It was good until about halfway then it became shit.

Now I can't watch Dead or Alive and Island of Assassins because I'm turned off. I tried Episode 0 and it's so lifeless I died.

I think I will just go straight to the Fujiko anime and part 4... Are they good?

I liked Mamo and Cagliostro but that was it. Also watched the beginning of the first anime and a couple Miyazaki episodes (mainly 145 and 155 after Cagliostro)

Yeah, it looks like a pixar movie.

If you like Mamo and Cagliostro, try Bye Bye Lady Liberty Crisis. Part 4 and 5 are basically the same part and they're pretty good and more fun than drama. Fujiko anime is very gritty and stylistic and goes against a few "norms" but is still really interesting and respectable.

>Japan finally moving on from 2D sweatshop muh passion animation
I hope this trend extends into late night anime to the point where only webgen shit remains in 2D so everything is actually a decent quality

Only time 3d is unappealing is A: when it's cheap or poorly done. B: they mix match it with 2d with no attempt to mask it so its glaring. 3D is not specifically the problem. It's the lack of talent, skill or funding to make it look nice.

>B: they mix match it with 2d with no attempt to mask it so its glaring
mixed mediums can be great, see: who framed roger rabbit. what you mean to say is when they mix and match with 2D while trying to utilizing it as if it were just more 2D rather than have some context justify the discrepency. but this is just the consequence of not having the budget.

Why does Jigen look like a young Keanu?

Nah, I wasn't criticizing mixed media. Who framed Roger rabbit painstakingly used puppetry to make the items the cartoons like the weasel gang's weapons seamlessly. They went above and beyond to ensure it looked the part, which is why it's special effects are so revered today. Richard Williams is a god.

If it wasn't clear I mean when you have to switch to another media and make absolutely no attempts to help the transition. As an example, one of the recent Lupin movies had a girl who played the piano for a major scene, and every time they would show her play they would do a immediate close up of the piano with clearly 3d hands.

I was looking up Monkeypunch and saw that he was a professor in the 2000's. Could you imagine you're some kid going to university and the man who made Lupin teaches you in some class?

You're a fresh faced teenager at school and the creator of one of the most iconic comic/animated series ever, especially from your country, is your teacher and giving you work.

>ratatouille is a person

Peak soulless

How

>New cute Italian co-worker says I look like Jigen during afterhours
>Find out through her that Lupin is ridiculously famous in Italy and pretty much every kid grew (and are growing) with it
>Don't out myself too much but share the conversation
>Few nights out later, we fuck and stay bang buddies until she leaves for a job in a cruise-ship

Monkey Punch helped me get laid. Even saw 2 specials with her. Life's weird sometimes. If I ever land a job with formal dressing, I'll play around with that.

Also this CGI movie looks absurdly high quality for something out of Japan. I like how it looks straight out of Part 2. The vintage look is great.

Godspeed, user.

its for shonen anime

>>Find out through her that Lupin is ridiculously famous in Italy and pretty much every kid grew (and are growing) with it
i think they are the first one who translated all the manga

It's has flair, style, old timey airplanes and Zenigata is *finally* laughing like an asshole asshole while drawing dicks on Lupin's face.

Lupin can be hit or miss but when it hits, it hits fucking perfectly. Loving it.

Saw very recently with negative expectation, expecting it would be a pile of shit. Ended up leaving really satisfied in how whoever made this putting in the effort to translating Lupin to 3D as best as they can.

I'm more surprised at this movie also looking pretty good.

Yes, it is (or rather was) really popular here in pastaland.
In hindsight it's kinda funny remembering people wearing Lupin shirts casually.
Autism proof: youtube.com/watch?v=5f3KqEkcpC0

they should make a live action combining Japan, Italy and France with cast member from those countries

Very big box movie American style. Not sure if I very like it.

I was showing through town and passed by an abandoned warehouse with a really well drawn Gaston Lagafee graffiti which started a whole conversation of urban art with her adding that there's plenty of Lupin graffiti out there in pasta land.

I'd love to see that in my country. We have a bunch of street art but rarely from less obvious pop culture icons.

>They got a Fiat 500 and a Mercedes SSK

These fuckers are alright.

>The guy at 9.26 swinging a morning star from the car

Keanu is a hapa, just like Jigen

Well, part 5 pretty much confirmed that "Lupin the 3rd" is just a title. So the movie is about the first "Lupin the 3rd"

>trying to grab the pixar audience
What are you talking about?

It confirmed the Lupin face we know is a mask like in the manga, wheter or not there have been multiple Lupin is up in the air.

You guys know that Lupin is very influenced by western stuff? Also there have been anime influenced by western entertainment since forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=59u_6G5LDjo
>not making a movie in this style
baka desu senpai baka desu

Attached: jg.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

Influence=/=pandering

We all know who killed Fansub... But I won't name Him.

Not that crazy. A lot of famous authors were uni lecturers as well.

the parisian tone in the music is so catchy

Tintin crossover when?

Attached: The-Adventures-of-Tintin-700x525.jpg (700x525, 52K)

I actually really wanted to see Spielberg do lupin in mocap like tintin. Much better than this DreamWorks tier crap.

Final Fantasy Spirits Within and VII Advent Children

Attached: Cyber City Oedo 808 (11).jpg (534x3580, 438K)

>cg anime that tries to look like 2D anime is a trash fire
Wrong.

Attached: Granblue Fantasy Versus Ultimate Attack 2.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

why these dumb shit at bamco dont make a Jump Ultimate Star remake like this

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 325K)

>cg anime that tries to look like 2D anime is a trash fire

Wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=x7IsksEvlHc&t=0m5s

Using Arc Systems as a example is somewhat cheating, as given how they achieve the look, they're borderline animating it 2D anyway. Great for a real time environment where some amount of minimal camera control would be desired, kinda redundant for a passive medium.
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E

This is the anime board.
3D is not anime.
Go ask /jp/ or Yea Forums.

This doesn't look like anime, though.
It looks like

Never forget

Attached: presidenthilary.jpg (1083x610, 145K)

Yeah, Jigen is really the only one who's looking a little weird. The others, i have no complaints

I wonder if your parents regret not aborting their retarded son.

Part was quite a rid, loved the episodes that mimicked the earlier parts, and the final act was amazing.

kek'd

Attached: 1551431581558.gif (474x354, 384K)

Just finished part 2, slowly making my way through Lupin chronologically. It's great
>That episode where it turns out Jesus Christ had a sister who is also an immortal vampire

Attached: iu-5.jpg (461x345, 63K)

silky smooth 5fps

Attached: 4542356.jpg (243x327, 7K)

Why are his clothes so shiny?

There are series labeled 1-5. It's not that difficult.

It looks good because it's based off of American animation principles, which transition well into CG.

derp

I just want every possible permutation of Lupin to exist, so I'm excited for a good 3DCG movie

The facial animation looks literally like modern Disney, what the hell is this?

It's almost like Disney and Pixar are the standards for 3D animation. I refuse to believe people would rather have Japan's shitty 10fps pseudo-2D bullshit than this.

Was this from part v?

Part 5 OP is a masterpiece

I have nothing against 3D, but this is a straight up imitation. Do they want Frozen audience?

They want to use good CGI and good CGI is going to look like Pixar or Dreamworks or whatever other 3D animation studios that are popular.

No it's from the remake of the first episode of season one

Good CGI would be CGI that looks extremely close to 2D.

I don't think you get my point, the character animation and design(especially if you look at the new girl) looks LITERALLY like Disney. It's not just high-quality CGI, it's mimicking.

Part 5 was decent overall and the last arc was the highest point of the franchise imo. It doesn't get nearly enough praise, the last two episodes are incredibile. Lupin vs Goemon, Jigen's rescue, Lupin meta-monologue, Fujiko's love and the mask reveal. And all the references of course.
It felt like every single Lupin media I had watched was leading up to that.

I have no idea why but the CG Tintin movie was the first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer.

(that movie fucking owns for anyone who hasn't seen it)

No, 3D that tries to look like 2D looks like garbage. Japan has been using that kind of CGI for nearly 2 decades at this point and you can count the number of things that use it that don't look like complete trash on one hand.

The point here is that the pixar kind of 3D has nothing to do with anime style.
If I liked that kind of garbage style (preference obviously) I'd watch western animation.

Wrong.

I meant stuff like this youtube.com/watch?v=ALsap-5K71g

In some shots of that video it looks extremely close to 2D, despite being CGI. That's the future of CGI anime. CGI that looks extremely close to 2D.

Attached: CGI close to 2D.png (1178x616, 1.16M)

Anime isn't a style anyway. Only retards think that way. This movie is Japanese animation. It is more stylistically like western 3D animation because western 3D animation is the benchmark for 3D animation. If Japan wants its own 3D style then it should stop sucking such shit at using CGI. Using CGI in 2D anime is one thing because it needs to kind of blend in with the 2D (even though it never does) but it's full CGI things that Japan needs to learn to do if they want to use it.

>interpolated bullshit because Japan can't into 3D
It looks nothing like 2D. It's Japanese animators shitting all over a mangaka's work because they can't be arsed to do it with 2D but they also suck ass at 3D. See also Ajin, that 3D Fist of the North Star series, Beastars I imagine when it starts, and literally every other use of CGI in anime.

In some shots it does look extremely close to 2D. It needs to improve and look extremely close to 2D all the time and boom, future of CGI anime has been achieved.

No kind of sofism will get around the fact that's anime by a technicality.
Trying to be a smartass appealing to "anime just means animation made in japan" for the sake of ignoring the history of it is pathetic.

If you give me your idea of what makes anime anime I'm sure I could find something that breaks any of your requirements. Only idiots call anime a style. That's why you get all those "anime style" western series that stick out like a sore thumb despite having "big anime eyes".

What are your top 5 Part II episodes?

I'm claming both things, it needs to be made by japan for a primary japanese target while adhering to adhering to or being derivative of japanese art.
And whatever odd case you might dig up won't change the fact playing strictly by the definitions is intellectually dishonest here.

I'm curious to see if they'll keep the same voice actors.

Looks like they've decided to give his clothes a leather texture to it. I kinda like it, to be honest.

I hope so, Lupin's Japanese cast is pure kino across the board.

Well, Kanichi Kurita and Koichi Yamadera do speak in the trailer.

They would probably change if I think more on it and remembered other episodes I loved

>The one with Detective Melon
>Kentucky Derby and bank heist episode
>Jigen and the ballerina on the run from the USSR
>The one where Zenigata is escorting that girl who can't talk
>The two Miyazaki episodes, just count them together

>Kentucky Derby and bank heist episode
My nigga. This episode should be in everyone's top 5, it's god tier.

One of my favorite episodes has got to be the episode where Zenigata starts seeing visions of Lupin and then he tries to escape the real Lupin because he thinks it's another vision.

I see it as the fourth Indiana Jones movie

Lord please don't let this and DQ Your Story flop like Captain Harlock did. I want CG to be successful so Japanese studios will fund it more. I want Japan to put an end to Boss Baby Bullshit.

you couldnt be MORE wrong chief

>Pixarish Lupin
I'm intrigued.
A bit worried but intrigued.

underrated

>cgshit
no thanks

Pretty obvious that's Sawashiro as Fujiko from the grunts, no reason to assume they'd change the cast.

It reminds me more of Sony Pictures Animation than Pixar. Which is a compliment, I've never really liked the way Pixar's humans have looked and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was the first time CG felt actually cartoony to me.

Lupin is japanese Dr Who, it will never die.

How many times are you people going to ask the same thing

No, usually are Myazaki normies that praise Cagliostro as best Lupin movie, not Lupinfag.
Get your facts straight, man.

That's bs
But i don't believe it

it was a truly wonderful and comfy ED

I like it when CG looks actually fucking great.

Fujiko is ticklish!

Attached: Image.gif (360x202, 3.5M)

Actually a Modell S / Type 400, still fucking cool just not as crazy as a one of four nearly priceless car.

What shows in your opinion pander to west? Also not every anime has to be ultra japanese.

Is "When the 7th Bridge Falls" the best Lupin episode? Has anything else come close?

>Zenigata's voice actor breaking down at Lupin's voice actor's funeral
>Naya gave a farewell speech at the funeral of Yamada Yasuo, the original voice actor for Lupin, saying "Hey Lupin, who am I supposed to chase from now on?" in tears as if Zenigata would have talked to him

Attached: sad keroro.gif (500x375, 1020K)

I hate to break it to you, but that car at the end is more than likely a replica, as for whatever reason that particular car is really popular for making replicas of.
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=6001&LH_TitleDesc=0&_nkw=replica gazelle
>t. Had a period where I'd watch "Replica car" listing religiously, and there'd always be a decent handful of replicas of that car at any given time.

WHAT?! Impossible, how could I be wrong?!

Attached: mamo blown away.png (854x478, 600K)

wonder why Captain Harlock flopped

>They look like your typical ugly twink chinks but with even stupider hair and clothes.
So anime?

Isn't Harlock pretty niche?

hope they can make a Grendizer movie next time

Attached: 00.jpg922FDB64-08F9-4268-9327-30489A8BF0ADDefault.jpg (1422x800, 175K)

Leiji Matsumoto is well know in France, here is a bade dessiné that came out 2 weeks ago

Attached: extrait-albator-kana.png (1328x873, 1.89M)

based trigger hater

you have to go back

>People will watch it once and stop caring about it after that
Yeah, like every other Lupin movie, what's your point?

We did it guys, we made a Lupin thread reach the bump limit.

Attached: lupin 1560801081900.jpg (630x467, 44K)

We are witnessing history over here

Based and contipilled