Will there ever be a better tournament arc?

Will there ever be a better tournament arc?

Attached: dark tournament.jpg (1280x960, 371K)

MHA says hi

Unlikely.

this was a better tournament but cell saga had a better finish

Do you even read manga, pleb? Also Teppu even though it got cancelled
You have to be 18+ to used this website.

Attached: 1527115957101.png (650x939, 669K)

Chunin exam > Dark Tournament

Dark Tournament had a lot of shit matches, like the one with the clown guy who hated old people. That was absolutely retarded.

No, but dont think it didnt have its shit fights. It just helps that some of the best fights carried the arc and the matches that led up to them were forgettable.

I must begrudgingly agree. Dark Tournament has some nice characters and some good moments but it's too much damn filler fights. I'm also never sure why people gush over this arc when Chapter Black is so much better. Maybe because of how long it ran on Toonami before Chapter Black started airing?

Attached: Yu.Yu.Hakusho.-.077.-.1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv_snapshot_07.07_[2016.03.26_12.04.06].jpg (1440x1080, 133K)

Rock Lee vs. Gaara was the best anime fight I've ever seen
The introduction of Orochimaru was incredible, especially when you see how scared Kakashi was

But YYH set a precedent for the time, and almost created the "tournament arc" along with DB and DBZ
I'm biased since Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my favorites, but they were both great amazing and worth revisiting

Do you think One Piece will ever have a tournament arc? I don't see how it could but it would be interesting

It already happened in the recent (anime) Dressrosa arc

Baki 2 already exists, OP.

Dressrosa was a tournament arc and the Foxy Pirate miniArc

Yes. The first tournament arc in DB.

There was literally ONE (1) good fight in that whole tournament you baiting faggot

Alfred is such a bro, supporting Eugene like that even though he's the weakest of the bunch.

Master Jeremiah is too cute to be a male though.

Rank Wars.

one half decent fight and no stakes. Winning meant nothing in that tournament. It was just a place to show off your skills, and everyone was put off of Bakugo because he acted like a fucking psycho. There needs to be more at stake than a damn internship for people to be invested in your shitty tournament arc.

Kurama vs Karasu was fucking KINO

>Hiei vs Zeru
>Yusuke vs Chu
>Yusuke vs Jin
>Kurama vs Karasu
>Hiei vs Bui
>Kuwabara comic relief
>Yusuke vs Toguro
Nah nothing beats those the arc was godlike

Attached: 1456036850538.jpg (500x500, 57K)

>Chapter Black is so much better
It's not because they made it meaningless.
>we can't allow a single A rank let alone S rank demon through the barrier
>Oh we have these parasites that allow us to mask our rank so we can pass through the barrier
>Majority of high rank demons are so powerful they could care less about the human world
>Real threat to humans all along has been the C rank and lower demons that they've been letting through

Too bad the ending sucked
Actually I think that's my gripe with the DT arc in general, the ending of a lot of the fights were very abrupt. Karasu is winning but Kurama randomly shoots out plants and pierces his heart, Yusuke oneshots the wind guy with spirit wave on the first try, Toguro explodes after getting hit with the spirit gun, etc

>abrupt
t. dbz faggot that expects fights to last 5 episodes

Yeah, this one.

Attached: watamote_c154_004.png (868x1236, 232K)

KNIFE EDGE DEATH MATCHU

>protagonist gets backed into corner
>reveals hidden technique/oh my life energy
>fight is instantly turned around and opponent falls apart
other than that great arc

>reveals hidden technique/oh my life energy
that was the case for yusuke vs suzaku and like one other fight you stupid speedwatching nigger

It wasn't a good ending. There was too much buildup for that bad of an anticlimax. The whole arc was rushed along.
>Here's this lady spirit detective and her kids
>2 demon guys with parasites want to take you to your dad he's starving to death btw
>Lady with the mask looks kinda shady she probably just needs some dick
>Ears guy made a clone that's ominous and is clearly going somewhere
>Here let me destroy the treasury to make bingo balls for lots
>everyone jobs
>oh well at least our oni overlord is chill and said that they can't eat humans, despite them having no other food source that we really know of
>good thing we came here for me to learn how to channel my demon blood which didn't really do jack shit

It's not even the best yuu yuu hakusho tournament arc

The Clown's fight is supposed to be comical, his major purpose was awakening Yoko Kurama and setting up Kuwabara's role in the Next Arc
The Parasites weaken the demons significantly and removing them traps the demons in human world.The demon ranking system is not very consistent anyway
Nah, there are a few more instances. Happens in Yusuke v. Rando ( a terrible fight) and Kurama v. Toguro. Probably more that I can't think of

Too bad Yu Yu Hakusho went to shit right after this arc.
O MY DEMON POWERS

Please tell me you're referring to the Three Kings tournament and not Genkai's tournament

Flame of Recca's was better. In the manga. I mean I liked the anime but I ain't gonna sit here and lie that it was perfect. Manga is GOAT though.

Attached: Recca_no_Honoo_34[h.264_AAC][SSP-Corp][D8CAC94D].mkv_snapshot_18.01_[2019.01.05_00.16.27].jpg (720x480, 47K)

I can't wait to see this fight in glorious cgi

>The Parasites weaken the demons significantly and removing them traps the demons in human world.The demon ranking system is not very consistent anyway
Except the last two arcs were all about powershitters and ranks. If an S class goes to the Human world I assume they have no issue with staying there, and I don't think there was anything that Jr could really do to stop them if they chose to.