Scanlation Thread

Did EBJ yahoo update their viewer or something? My ripper's no longer working.

Attached: scanlation.jpg (251x201, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

booklive.jp/product/index/title_id/258148/vol_no/135
mangadex.org/chapter/578110/comments
fredfriendly.com/?mangadex
files.safe.moe/cik62f.zip
files.catbox.moe/03vaep.zip
mangadex.org/drama/1/drama-cd-onii-chan-wa-oshimai
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I rip form cmoa but they lowered their resolution not too long ago.

Somebody please rip the latest issue of Evening
the public rips are very low quality recently (blurry sub x1200) and I need a better one.
booklive.jp/product/index/title_id/258148/vol_no/135

I can't rip tonari YJ stuff with my old method anymore, too.

Digital versions should be increasing their resolution over time, not decreasing them. Do they think it stops people from ripping them?

Just copy the base64 image url like any normal person. Or is that broken as well?

Works just fine for me.

Attached: 004.png (800x1137, 982K)

Mine doesn't anymore. It only lets me rip the ads and other extra pages, but not the chapter itself. Oh, it's the same for tonari, jump+, pocket, etc. I figured out another method but it's not as fast.

Attached: 02.jpg (822x1200, 248K)

Serves him right for spreading all those shit raws

Attached: 1562647497977.jpg (750x976, 134K)

>that one guy that posts spoilers of your manga for untranslated chapters

pick up the pace bro

Tell my team that

Seems like they change the source a bit.
My guess? Whatever you were doing to grab the data-src URLs doesn't work anymore.

Attached: src.png (1683x1020, 308K)

Which role out of TS, TL, cleaner, and redrawer takes the longest to do in order, assuming they're at maximum skill level and the text has furigana?

Redrawer > TL > Clean > TS

Just take a screenshot of the pages bro

Redrawer.

Whoever is playing vidya the most.

I don't know how TL could take so long if all you're doing is just typing down words after reading Japanese text, TS at least requires you to put the textbox in the right spots and angles

That's transliterating, not translating.

TS=>RD>TR>CL

If your skill level is max, that's translating.

>tfw my translator keeps procrastinating because of vidya

How many projects did you drop sc/a/n?

What scanlation-related thing pisses you off Yea Forums?
>the faggot that keeps begging for translations of his series without contributing whatsoever

To Nekojiru TL-user: keep checking the MangaDex page for Nekojiru Dango for TS updates

Is there still no sight of a Bookwalker DRM crack in the works by anyone? I'm sick of those faggots having exclusive rights to some LNs for a month, and waiting a month until I can buy from Kobo.

That one guy who hates everything I work on but still comments on every chapter complaining the characters are sex offenders who have daddy issues and should be locked up in prison.

Fuck you Fred, they're SLICE OF LIFE series you dumb fuck.

Why does everybody hate Bookwalker?

Bookwalker always changed shit to break new tools, once released they would make then useless pretty quickly

Bookwalker is the only site I can use and I'm sure not putting my ripper out there for anyone to use and share so BW staff gets wind of it.

Just find someone who's willing to rip it for you.

What series?

What's a ripper?

Don't forget to thank your scanlator!

No, fuck that. I want people to talk about the chapter, not to wank my e-peepee

mangadex.org/chapter/578110/comments

>that avatar

>uploader
Just go and shit up the comments of his chapters lol

>fredfriendly.com/?mangadex
Jesus

Attached: what.png (1039x986, 811K)

>doesn't even translate
>still expects patreonbucks

hilarious how quickly this died and now most of you pay for jb

I forgot to upload a chapter I had done for nearly a week.

>(C) 1995
perhaps this boomer might protest too much about high school pedos

for what

Can you explain how does one just forget to post a chapter? It's not the first time I hear it either.

Afaik, they changed their code and fucked up the quality of their manga. Bookwalker is a better choice now.

I just couldn't be bothered to when I first finished it and then I had other things to occupy my small brain.

Why would you separate things that can all be done by one dude into different roles? Do you want your releases to be slowed down by some retard?

The only real roles are TL and "everything else". And even if you're not redrawing, because redrawing is for fucking retards, putting the text onto the manga takes the most time by far. TL work is like 2 seconds worth of thought, and it doesn't matter much anyway because EOPs will eat up any garbage.

What's the name of the role for someone who does all of cleaning, redrawing, typesetting, and QA?

>putting the text onto the manga takes the most time by far. TL work is like 2 seconds worth of thought,
This guy doesn't think so

Doesn't look like that to me?

Attached: p-003.png (1441x2048, 1.42M)

Slave.

I use that old ass Typesetter tool to put the text on the pages in record time. It takes more time to align shit afterwards than to put it on the page.

Who knows, I call mine "monkey". He's probably dumb enough to think it's a Hideyoshi reference.

That guy probably believes his translator when he tells him he spent all night working on the script. Or hell, maybe his "translator" actually does spend that long on a work, because OCR and google translate is still pretty slow.

Editor. Way back in the day all you had was a TL and an ED.

>That guy probably believes his translator when he tells him he spent all night working on the script.
The nigga literally takes two hours to TL a 30 page chapter because he has to look up obscure Japanese navy sources more than anything. I take half that time typesetting.

Share that tool please

Does it count as redrawing if you just clone stamp for everything?

files.safe.moe/cik62f.zip

You are working with a literal retard. I feel bad for people like you, but I understand they're the majority because most of the people in this business are absolute amateurs. Hopefully one day you can find a translator with some basic level of competence.

That's the last thing i knew based on what some scanlators said.

Since when does every damn translator know how an experimental WW2 IJN plane radar system worked?

>dead link
T-thanks

files.catbox.moe/03vaep.zip

How the fuck do you typeset a 30 page chapter in an hour? Are those pages 1 panel each or a
>>>>>>>>>web toon

>Since when does every damn translator know how an experimental WW2 IJN plane radar system worked?
Since when is pointless fucking trivia needed in a manga translation? I hate to break it to you, but 99.99% of the readers in Japan don't know how some fucking plane radar works.

They were probably talking about Kodansha manga. Old EBJ used to have 2048px for everything, exclusively. But now they have the same as all other stores, 1600px.
Basically, no need to use shit like EBJ if you can simply purchase from Amazon/Kobo/etc. and decrypt it properly.

Doing chapter 3 of Kimi to Tsunagaru Sora but it needs tons of redraw

Is his claim that unbelievable? I used to clean and TS an Accel chapter back in the day in two hours. Pretty sure js06 took less than that to TL said chapters though. And that was with spread stitching.

>cleaning, redrawing, typesetting
Typesetting is about making the text not look like it's been edited, so cleaning and redrawing can be seen from a certain point of view as a subset of that.

Post pages of your work

anyone got an idea what font to use for this electric sheep stuffed animal? I can't find a good one for the live of me

Attached: 0088.jpg (764x1200, 678K)

Quick, someone clean and typeset this page, doesn't matter what words you put in, and see how long it takes.

Attached: 0088.png (764x1200, 737K)

Jesus, I just barely opened it

It takes me about 15 to 30 minutes to clean the bubbles of a 17 page manga. If i decide to "redraw", it takes me about 2 or 3 hours. TS takes me about 2 hours.

>didn't do the sfx's
Faggot

I bet you niggers still use photoshop with just 8GB instead of having an i7 with 32GB of RAM to load 12k fonts.

>install a font
>get a warning saying that my system could crash
>because of a font
I'm scared......

Attached: 1560272222369.png (868x720, 454K)

I still don't understand why cleaning is a thing separate from typesetting
Nigger it takes half a second per bubble to clean, if you're typesetting you might as well do that yourself too.

doing it beforehand counts as cheating I guess

Because cleaning being its own job is from when people still used physical scans instead of having a large library of 1600px already cleaned digital scans. It also used to include redrawing until the big groups split that off cleaning. And cleaning and typesetting were both split up from a single Editor doing it all in the early 2000s.

>tfw slow
No sfx and obviously no QA, took me 10 minutes.

Attached: 1562709096964.jpg (764x1200, 515K)

stop saying QA you dumb cunt
what the fuck is even QA

Attached: 1379517629383.png (1600x1200, 292K)

Planning on subbing the Endro Drama CD, never subbed anything before. Anyone know whether there is an mpv script (or anything for any other video player) that would let click on a button when I want the line to start, write the line, then click on a button when I want the line to end, generating a properly timed and formatted .ass file for me?

>WW
>That leading
>That centering

Fuck off Kaijiman

PR then lol

>he doesn't consider the entire quality management chain in his releases
I bet you don't even kaizen, you pleb.

the centering does look a bit off but what the heck is leading?

Attached: taiga question mark.jpg (1280x1024, 128K)

Ask the people who did this here mangadex.org/drama/1/drama-cd-onii-chan-wa-oshimai

>not using wild words for everything including the handwritten text and sound effects

It's the spacing between lines, ignore him he's one of those autists that wants their lines hitting each other.

Just use aegisub

Disgusting.

Joke's on you I use and old as shit q6600 with 6gb ram and lame as shit video card, and it still werks.

Use aegisub then share the .ass file.

ah, alright. don't understand why you'd reduce that at all, would look like shit

>people with no shame who don't give any fucks about lining, font choice, making sure nuance is conveyed in TL, etc.

Giving a number for your time spent tells us literally nothing, and you shouldn't wear your low quality like a badge of honor.

I7 870, 8gb 1333mhz ddr3, gtx 760

Works fucking fine except for first opening PS.

>Works fucking fine except for first opening PS.
has nothing to do with your specs, though. get a SSD for your OS and important prgrams, biggest quality of life upgrade you can get for a computer. you'll never go back to something with the OS on a harddrive without getting a rage induced anneurysm

But at least it's fast!

Post your font choices fag

Arial, comic sans, action man. What now, fag?

>no times new roman
Shit taste senpai

Yes

>Old EBJ used to have 2048px for everything, exclusively
Pff, no. No.

EBJ was inconsistent as hell. It always depended on the publisher/series. Most magazines were that size, but I ripped plenty of disgustingly tiny manga from EBJ.

>infinitely stalled scanlation
for the love of fuck

how do I rip from EBJ? I only know how to save canvas

Attached: 1554058641525.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

You do not, not anymore.
this is my current way of doing things

t-t-they closed canvas saving?

I meant everything Kodansha in case I wasn't clear enough. Good Afternoon for example.
The rest was the same as all other stores, depend and on the publisher as you said. And since the exclusivity they once had for Kodansha is gone, there's no point to EBJ anymore.

>all these retards ITT still using EBJ even after yahoo sell out fiasco

Attached: 1554664104956.jpg (424x476, 43K)

I think you can still do something like that but I'm certainly no expert

I use a $300 laptop with 4 GB RAM and a 5400 rpm HDD. CS6 still werks, kinda. Opening it takes over a minute though.

Name sites that deserve your money.

expecting quality from third worlders pumping out releases fast for donation money

Yes! Thank you so much!!

bump